Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder if Dave felt any Shame when Nathan bought the Rod Xmas tree last year. A 50 year old lazy man with 13 kids had a son in law buy him a tree…

I don’t think he feels shame.  I don’t think he feels much of anything at this point.  When I look at David, I see a morbidly obese, lazy man who is completely checked out on life.  I think that being married to that batshit crazy bitch all of these years has exhausted him to the point that he does only what she tells him to do and then he spends the rest of his time sleeping and staring at the map.  I think he’s miserable.  

Edited by farmgal4
Added words
  • Like 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

"Warriors."   But not a one of them has joined the military.   Which is the traditional way to get out of poverty, get yourself an education, and earn some money to get married and start a family.

I think Jill's deep into the "warriors for Christ" thing. They're out there serving Jesus and fighting Satan, don'cha know. Very special warriors. Anyway, I doubt that any of her underfed, undereducated kids would make it into the military if they applied.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Jill's deep into the "warriors for Christ" thing. They're out there serving Jesus and fighting Satan, don'cha know. Very special warriors. Anyway, I doubt that any of her underfed, undereducated kids would make it into the military if they applied.

They would never pass the minimal weight requirement. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
20 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Thanks to the underwear story. Now I’m picturing Dave and Jill in dingy/dirty white underwear. 

Jill is really odd to put it mildly. What is wrong with non white underwear? She is outraged at the oddest things…

My great aunt Barbara (she was our nanny when I was small), was scandalized by non white undergarments. Especially for girls. She was born in 1928. 

But under no uncertain terms would she have told another adult woman what type of underwear she could buy. She expressed to my mom (not her niece) that she didn’t think colored undergarments were appropriate for me and my Mom said “Barbara, it’s fine.” She didn’t bring it up again, as my Mom had final say.

I say all this to say, yes I get the sentiment (although it was held by women from a generation now dead in my family), but the difference is that they wouldn’t have gone around expecting OTHER GROWN WOMEN to do what they did, because they had respect for other people. 

Jill doesn’t have any respect for anyone. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think he feels shame.  I don’t think he feels much of anything at this point.  When I look at David, I see a morbidly obese, lazy man who is completely checked out on life.  I think that being married to that batshit crazy bitch all of these years has exhausted him to the point that he does only what she tells him to do and then he spends the rest of his time sleeping and staring at the map.  I think he’s miserable.  

I agree with you. He is shameless. But I also think David was a bum before he met Jill. I think that’s what attracted him to this cult. A philosophy that rewards mediocrity and blames anyone who doesn’t subscribe to it. After all, Jill was born into it this and a child when he began “courting” her. David was an adult who chose this lifestyle and forced his children into it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It looked like Pat had a private room while she was in the ICU. I do wonder if that's changed now that she's in a rehab room?

If medicare is paying, they typically only cover a shared room once you move on to rehab.  The place my dad ended up at last year for PT/OT, he had a 10 day covid quarantine period when he was transferred, during which time he had no roommate and was allowed no visitors, but after that, he had a roommate due to medicare rules.  Also, if the patient plateaus and in the opinion of the therapists there is likely to be no noticeable improvement in the near/medium term, medicare stops paying, and the patient has to switch to medicaid (if they qualify) which is usually even more stingy in what they pay for. 

Private insurance may pay more, but I doubt they have good private insurance based on their recent work history. 

I wonder if visitation rules would be more strictly enforced if there were a roommate in rehab.  I can't imagine the other patient or their loved ones would be happy with the invading horde of mask-less caterwauling grifters in their room.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Doing paintball doesn’t sound right either 🤪

Neither does “doing life” but fundie imbeciles everywhere seem to love saying it.

Why in the world would she capitalize “such”?  Her random capitalizations are as insane as she is.

I’ve come to see that habit as the mark of the truly crazy . . . 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nathan looks very unhappy in that picture. I'm sure Jill was cackling at them when their one person kayak sunk because it's not supposed to hold three grown ass men.

I think Nathan is beyond done with his in-laws. It's a good thing for Nurie that he loves her because I bet if he had his way they'd see them once a year for a very short day trip.

8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Doing paintball doesn’t sound right either 🤪

Not to defend the morons masquerading as the best xtians ever, but using 'doing' as the only active verb in a sentence had become common vernacular. I spend a lot of time proofreading and listening to college students, plus my grandkids, and it's something I have not been able to stamp out of any of them.

• Sad 12
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

I think Nathan is beyond done with his in-laws. It's a good thing for Nurie that he loves her because I bet if he had his way they'd see them once a year for a very short day trip.

Not to defend the morons masquerading as the best xtians ever, but using 'doing' as the only active verb in a sentence had become common vernacular. I spend a lot of time proofreading and listening to college students, plus my grandkids, and it's something I have not been able to stamp out of any of them.

Keep trying! It’s just more lazy speak, like “I’m feeling some kind of way.” Well, WHAT way, exactly? Use your words, kids, the English language is full of them. 

• Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Use your words, kids, the English language is full of them. 

May I steal this? The amount of papers I proofread that have the same main noun and verb used sentence after sentence kind of depresses me. Aren't kids taught how to use a thesaurus these days? Word has had one built into the program for decades.
Also, to prove I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, I had to look up how to spell thesaurus and only today discovered it was thesaurus, NOT thesauresis which is how I've been pronouncing it in my head. This is what happens when you're ADD and had to teach yourself phonics. I generally only look at the first 1-2 syllables and use context clues to figure out the sentence as a whole. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They would never pass the minimal weight requirement. 

They also might fall into the clutches of "blasphemous" chaplains who don't use the KJV exclusively, who believe in infant baptism, the real presence during Communion, and don't require personal testimony on how one is saved.  O horrors!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

They also might fall into the clutches of "blasphemous" chaplains who don't use the KJV exclusively, who believe in infant baptism, the real presence during Communion, and don't require personal testimony on how one is saved.  O horrors!

I’m not even sure all chaplains are Christian. A boyfriend of mine was in the military for years and this was an issue. There are people of all backgrounds and religions there and all deserve support.

• Like 5
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m not even sure all chaplains are Christian. A boyfriend of mine was in the military for years and this was an issue. There are people of all backgrounds and religions there and all deserve support.

I don't think they all are. I seem to remember hearing a story of one that was not. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't think they all are. I seem to remember hearing a story of one that was not. 

There are Jewish chaplains (rabbis) as well as chaplains who are Muslim imams.  I believe the only requirement is that they have a Bachelor's degree, be trained/ordained as a clergy member by their particular faith and get permission from their denomination to join the military.

The Armed Forces are very committed to diversity and they specifically try to recruit from non-Christian denominations as well as Christians.

Chaplains only have to conduct services for their own faith but they can provide counseling and spiritual support for all soldiers who seek them out.

The Rodriguii are never going to college, let alone actually attend an accredited seminary; so the military is safe from them.  If they did join, they'd be tossed out pretty quick because one of the main rules of military chaplaincy is that all faiths are respected and supported, no matter what denomination an individual chaplain may follow.  No way JRod's kids are tolerant of anyone who is not just like them.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Nope. I'm sure they don't believe in them. 

But would they go running to medical professionals demanding tetanus shots and treatment if one of them stepped on a rusty nail?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But would they go running to medical professionals demanding tetanus shots and treatment if one of them stepped on a rusty nail?

No, they'd wait until they got lockjaw from tetanus and then run to the ER begging to be saved from their own ignorance.  They're the sort who deny the truth until it hits them over the head.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And Jill would film it all.

Just like the Duggars and the Bates. Their kids’ medical issues are exploited just like everything else. Helps with the grift!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Sad 11

Re the bates:  was it ever figured out why the show was cancelled so abruptly. And what about the daughter with the medical issues. Seems like radio silence on that one. Sorry I don’t remember their names. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Re the bates:  was it ever figured out why the show was cancelled so abruptly. And what about the daughter with the medical issues. Seems like radio silence on that one. Sorry I don’t remember their names. 

No word on why the show was so mysteriously canceled a week before the season debut. 

As for Carlin and her issues, they still haven't been diagnosed, but they certainly film her episodes as part of their grift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No word on why the show was so mysteriously canceled a week before the season debut. 

As for Carlin and her issues, they still haven't been diagnosed, but they certainly film her episodes as part of their grift.

Rumor is that it had to do with that game they were playing, wasn't it charades and just what they were mocking. Not sure if we can mention it on here. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Rumor is that it had to do with that game they were playing, wasn't it charades and just what they were mocking. Not sure if we can mention it on here. 

I don't know why the network would get upset about the charades, it's not like the boys' names aren't public knowledge. /sarcasm

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't know why the network would get upset about the charades, it's not like the boys' names aren't public knowledge.

The family was acting out the murder of someone and laughing about it. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:
21 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't know why the network would get upset about the charades, it's not like the boys' names aren't public knowledge.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

I actually hate the Bates more than the Duggars b/c they're more modern, photogenic, and media-savvy when it comes to their hateful beliefs.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That video surfaced at least a month, if not longer, before the show was canceled. But it was still indefensible. Carlin took it down, but by then everyone had seen it, and it was captured on places like FJ and Reddit for posterity sake.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Jill has a new video up. They went out for Chinese food (she reminds us again that they're on vacation). There is a koi pond and the little girls try to catch the poor fish who end up hiding. Then one of them takes a handful of coins out of the fountain. Jill tells her to put them back, "They're for them." Whoever "them" is; she wasn't clear (shocker).At any rate, more bad behavior recorded for posterity. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jill wants everyone to know that they’re on vacation.  Today they’re “getting Chinese food on our vacation.”  7-year-old Sofia is still sucking her thumb and then using her hands to get the coins out of the koi pool.  BME made her return the coins during the video.  I’m betting that after having her hands in that nasty fish water, Sofia went right back to sucking her thumb. 🤢😢

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 21
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill has a new video up. They went out for Chinese food (she reminds us again that they're on vacation). There is a koi pond and the little girls try to catch the poor fish who end up hiding. Then one of them takes a handful of coins out of the fountain. Jill tells her to put them back, "They're for them." Whoever "them" is; she wasn't clear (shocker).At any rate, more bad behavior recorded for posterity. 

In Spanish we would call the campesinos,  basically ignorant rubes. And I don't blame the kids, I blame the parents. 

• Like 5
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

In Spanish we would call the campesinos,  basically ignorant rubes. And I don't blame the kids, I blame the parents. 

My mother's family calls them white trash. I am trying to break myself for using that expression. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

My mother's family calls them white trash. I am trying to break myself for using that expression. 

It hard when you see many reality TV shows seem to revel in "white trash" behavior, particularly with people from Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Why in the world would she capitalize “such”?  Her random capitalizations are as insane as she is.

Because then we would assume they had a regular old time instead of a gay old time (like the Flintstones!). No one would know that they are the best family ever and she is the BME and that her way is the correct way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

In Puerto Rico we call them jibaros. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Jill wants everyone to know that they’re on vacation.  Today they’re “getting Chinese food on our vacation.”  7-year-old Sofia is still sucking her thumb and then using her hands to get the coins out of the koi pool.  BME made her return the coins during the video.  I’m betting that after having her hands in that nasty fish water, Sofia went right back to sucking her thumb. 🤢😢

And I'm betting that they plucked the coins right back out as soon as the camera was off. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Then one of them takes a handful of coins out of the fountain. Jill tells her to put them back,

I see the children are learning to take what they want early instead of you know, working for it..    Great role model there Jill.   Yes Jill said put it back but probably because there was someone standing right there and Jill couldn't get away it.   As for the "them" remark.   You know 'those people."   Those people who are so poor that they need money that is thrown in a fountain.

Also, this family has no knowledge of social norms.   Chasing the fish in the koi pond.   But well, they see a pond and they just jump in.    Probably didn't realize pond water could be that clean.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 8