Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

What happens to critical thought in these groups. If you're taking miracle plexus everyday, why do you need a cleanse? And if the cleanse is so amazing and effective, why do you need to do it every two months?

Fundies are not known to encourage critical thinking.

Also, they need to cleanse often so Plexus can sell more products. If their products really worked, people would not need to use it everyday. And that would mean less money for Plexus. It's all a scam.

• Like 16
31 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

What year was it good? As far back as I remember it was cheap eats! Good ehhh.

I'm talking 40+ years ago. I used to go with my mom and her Mexican best friend and kids for lunch. I remember they had great tostadas which us kids would have. Real refried beans too. I used to also love the pintos and cheese. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm talking 40+ years ago. I used to go with my mom and her Mexican best friend and kids for lunch. I remember they had great tostadas which us kids would have. Real refried beans too. I used to also love the pintos and cheese. 

Wow sounds delicious. That’s before I was even born though. 

• Like 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wow sounds delicious. That’s before I was even born though. 

They were good but never sustained it. Google enchirito, it was good Mexican fast food. I used to like their taco salads too.

I will still admit I like their hardshell tacos. They are junk but they taste good! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I think KJon just did a reset together? Both look trim to me but what do I know???

Maybe in recent pictures, he thought he was filling out a bit past the pillow on his lap.

• LOL 7

If she cooks like her mother, and has as sparse amount of food on hand, he is probably hungry all the time.  My dad's mother was horrible cook--I mean really, really bad--and when my dad enlisted in the Navy at 18 he thought the food in the mess hall was fantastic.  First time in his life he had some meat on his bones.  And that was without having Plexus forced on him.  Poor Jon doesn't have a fighting chance until he decides to become head of the household.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

If she cooks like her mother, and has as sparse amount of food on hand, he is probably hungry all the time.  My dad's mother was horrible cook--I mean really, really bad--and when my dad enlisted in the Navy at 18 he thought the food in the mess hall was fantastic.  First time in his life he had some meat on his bones.  And that was without having Plexus forced on him.  Poor Jon doesn't have a fighting chance until he decides to become head of the household.

We've seen some of her cooking and the food looks plentiful and much better than what her mother "cooks". However, they do spend a lot of time at the Rods and probably have their meals there which means not a lot. 

I think he looks gaunt too. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
On 6/1/2024 at 10:49 AM, satrunrose said:

What happens to critical thought in these groups. If you're taking miracle plexus everyday, why do you need a cleanse? And if the cleanse is so amazing and effective, why do you need to do it every two months?

Because Jill feeds her face on junk food and high calorie foods every chance she gets.   AndKaylee is resetting because Mahmo said to.   Mahmo doesn't want it to look like she is the only one gorging herself between resets.

• Like 8

Jill posted them signing Happy Birthday to Dave. The lazy slug couldn't be bothered to get up out of his LazZBoy to have cake (yes, he got a whole cake). He just twisted his head to the side to blow out the candles. 

If he obviously cares so little, why bother? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill posted them signing Happy Birthday to Dave. The lazy slug couldn't be bothered to get up out of his LazZBoy to have cake (yes, he got a whole cake). He just twisted his head to the side to blow out the candles. 

If he obviously cares so little, why bother? 

I saw a picture.... gee dude, make some kind of effort at least for your kids! It isn't as if he is a hard worker! My dad used to work 6 days a week, more than 40 hours a week and even he could get his a-- out of a chair! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

We've seen some of her cooking and the food looks plentiful and much better than what her mother "cooks". However, they do spend a lot of time at the Rods and probably have their meals there which means not a lot. 

I think he looks gaunt too. 

When Kaylee and Jonathan are eating at the Barndo, they are likely providing the food. They probably get enough for everyone. Jill is a cheapskate who mooches off her own children. 

I wish Jonathan would shut down this Plexus nonsense. Jill is using Kaylee and Jonathan's time and money to further her own desires for clothes, restaurant meals, decor, trips, and other indulgences. I wonder if Kaylee sees this but feels helpless to stop it. 

Kaylee, selling overpriced health powders will not win you your mother's affections. Unfortunately for you, love doesn't work that way. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yup. Jill's love language is gifts. Kaylee is helping BME but more crap for herself. I doubt Kaylee can buy much for herself other than the damn Plexus crap. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill got me again!
  • Sad 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's gaunt. No filling out anywhere that I can see.

I meant no harm or ill-will towards Jon in my post.  I was solely making fun of the pillow situation that happens when Jill posts any pictures of the guys.  Apologies if I offended anyone, which was never my intent.   

Edited by sixlets
Adverbs, am I right?
  • Like 7

Dave looked like he was asleep and was awaken for the cake. I can’t find the video. Maybe it showed a clock? And did Jill need to tape Dave getting a cake? 

Anyways he looks unwell. Maybe he should take better care of himself. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave looked like he was asleep and was awaken for the cake. I can’t find the video. Maybe it showed a clock? And did Jill need to tape Dave getting a cake? 

Anyways he looks unwell. Maybe he should take better care of himself. 

With the late hours they keep, it is possible that it was 2am. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

With the late hours they keep, it is possible that it was 2am. 

Very true

Gabriel's cheesecake and singing was at 11pm. There was a clock behind Olivia or Hannah. I don't think Dave even got out of the recliner to sing and a bunch of them ran right back to the tv as soon as the singing was done.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 6/1/2024 at 1:42 PM, libgirl2 said:

They were good but never sustained it. Google enchirito, it was good Mexican fast food. I used to like their taco salads too.

I will still admit I like their hardshell tacos. They are junk but they taste good! 

I miss the Taco Lights!  The flour shelled tacos.  And the black olives they put on Enchiritos.  I noticed in the early 90's, the green sauce changed and not for the better.  

Looking at the Bates cheesecake (Aldi maybe?), when there are multiple flavors jammed together, it looks like the store took all old and unsold cakes/pies and put them together.  I feel the same way about cuts of meats that are already seasoned etc.  I am sure I am wrong but that is what it makes me think of.  I AM glad those kids got some calories.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I miss the Taco Lights!  The flour shelled tacos.  And the black olives they put on Enchiritos.  I noticed in the early 90's, the green sauce changed and not for the better.  

Looking at the Bates cheesecake (Aldi maybe?), when there are multiple flavors jammed together, it looks like the store took all old and unsold cakes/pies and put them together.  I feel the same way about cuts of meats that are already seasoned etc.  I am sure I am wrong but that is what it makes me think of.  I AM glad those kids got some calories.

I used to eat Taco Lights too! And I remember the fresco or fiesta chicken tacos that came with pico de gallo. I liked those. Last time I went they didn't have them. And yes, you got black olives on your food! 

• Like 4

I think Jill might have found her next "once a year family vacation" spot.

from the pool comments there was this from a sweet friend. Surely the friend wouldn't mind just a few more than 16 people.

Screenshot(642).thumb.png.857ed80282a96baa7726600bc8843e92.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from the pool comments there was this from a sweet friend. Surely the friend wouldn't mind just a few more than 16 people.

Screenshot(642).thumb.png.857ed80282a96baa7726600bc8843e92.png

I hope that person knows what their getting themselves into.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6

From Jill's latest post we get Jonathan, who chops wood in a tucked in polo shirt, wearing a t-shirt with a business logo. I wonder if he has a new job.

Screenshot (644).png

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

From Jill's latest post we get Jonathan, who chops wood in a tucked in polo shirt, wearing a t-shirt with a business logo. I wonder if he has a new job.

Screenshot (644).png

Jonathan does!! 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (644).png

A quick internet search shows a company with this name is Mississippi.  Is that  the right one? Where do Jonathan’s parents live?  Is there a story here? 

• Useful 5
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

A quick internet search shows a company with this name is Mississippi.  Is that  the right one? Where do Jonathan’s parents live?  Is there a story here? 

🤷‍♀️ I just found it interesting he wasn't wearing the tucked in polo.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jonathan is from Mississippi. Maybe his parents' business? Or one of his brothers? 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Someone who may well live to regret a comment.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jonathan is from Mississippi. Maybe his parents' business? Or one of his brothers? 

Probably from an old job when he lived there or whatever. But to wear that in public, while wearing buttoned to the neck polo to chop wood or build a garden or full on dress shirt and pants with giant ass phone attached to his belt to be asleep on his in-laws couch at 2am is amusing.

• LOL 13

She can filter herself into looking like a plastic mannequin, but I'm stumped about the rest.  Did she copy someone else's message - Janet's? Jamie's?  And clumsily type her own name over it?  

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Graphic design is my PaSsIoN!!!

Compress_20240604_201554_4308.jpg

She probably thinks we will all be so stunned by her dazzling thin beauty that we will just skim by the writing underneath. But also want to message her?? She’s a mess through and through.

• Like 10

Took a look at the latest pics of Jill and Hannah out for a bike ride. Janessa is stuffed in one of those baby trailer things being pulled by Jill. Stuffed like a sausage. I can't imagine it is comfortable. 

• Sad 11
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Took a look at the latest pics of Jill and Hannah out for a bike ride. Janessa is stuffed in one of those baby trailer things being pulled by Jill. Stuffed like a sausage. I can't imagine it is comfortable. 

And Hannah's simpering was cringeworthy. They learn that young. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill was having "one on one time" with Hannah, while bringing "baby Janessa" along. 🙄

Jill only has 6 children under 18 now. The parents have no real jobs. If Jill would let her "adult children" live their own lives, she could have plenty of time with the 6 girls under 18.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10
  • Applause 8
3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I swear poor Hannah is going to hyperventilate one of these days.

Same with Olivia. She always seems terrified.

• Sad 14
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. Jill and Timmy. They are all upset that it is Pride Month. They really are terrible humans.

It is funny they want to "reclaim the rainbow" for their god, but seem to forget the biblical meaning of the rainbow was god's promise to never again destroy humanity by a flood.

The term "Rainbow Babies", which fundies use all the freaking time, is certainly using the rainbow inappropriately, if we go by the standards Jill, Timothy and other anti pride month folks spout every june.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
(edited)

That’s actually her second post about the month.  She’s pretty judgmental for someone who isn’t supposed to be judging people.  There are  several verses she needs to review instead of quoting the ones she did. 

In addition, she really needs to consider that she’s using that same medium to promote her business.  Not everyone that connects with her business shares all her beliefs.  Didn’t she find that out at the Plexus convention where alcohol was being served against her beliefs? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 13
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't see a post from Tim. That's probably a good thing. 

Bigots.

Never fear, he posted a comment under Jill’s hateful posting, supporting and further explaining it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Never fear, he posted a comment under Jill’s hateful posting, supporting and further explaining it. 

Yeah, I found it. He reminded us that there are 6 colors in the LGBTQ+ flag and that 6(66) is the mark of the devil. 🙄

• Sad 6
  • Angry 4
  • LOL 6
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From page 12 of the Plexus Code of Conduct and Business Ethics:

IMG_6886.jpeg

I wonder if Plexus would be interested in knowing that they employ someone (or, rather, many people) who routinely and publicly breaks each of these codes of ethics?

• Like 12
  • Applause 5