Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Does she mislabel her before and after? Because her befores are always better than the result. 

You're right!  The bright yellow was much better than that flat black.

• Like 11
24 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

And what the heck was Jill wearing while she painted?

Pants! She’s wearing pants.  With a man’s t-shirt and a sweater tied around her waist.   

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13

Even the outside has furniture and decorations. And blocks the windows and is that a garage door? She loves stuff and puts it everywhere. So much clutter, I don’t like it.

Was Dave helping her decorate/paint? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

93CCE0B3-A6A2-4DD6-B01D-E6A97196E49E.jpeg

B6808B57-BC40-4185-82C3-2025990888D6.jpeg

It’s off-center and dips in the middle. Not to mention she only did a single coat of dark paint over white…it’s bleeding through.  The truth here is she just needs to stop. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

It's like the interior of her barndo finally became full to bursting and started ejecting extra tchotchkes through the windows, and they landed outside. 

What the heck are those things hanging from the back of the bench - painted walnuts on strings?

It’s testicles from all the males who live/married to the Rods. 

• LOL 23
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Not to mention she only did a single coat of dark paint over white…it’s bleeding through.

She actually used a rag to purposely make it look like that.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Pants! She’s wearing pants.  With a man’s t-shirt and a sweater tied around her waist.   

Or maybe it’s a skirt.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 5
(edited)

An interesting post by Timothy. I’m putting it as a spoiler for space.

Spoiler

Hello everybody! The last few weeks I have been pretty discouraged in the fact that so many Christian’s use titles and stereotypes to label themselves whatever they may be. We are getting so caught up on KJV, Modesty, Contemporary music (probably the biggest 3) that I feel that is distracting from us individually getting in the Bible and living such a fearful life of the wrath of God that we simply “count it all joy”. The Bible says in the New Testament that essentially we live under 2 laws if we abide by these we will strive to be abiding by the Old Testament law (10 commandments) as well. 

New Testament law; Mark 12:30-31 KJV
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. [31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Now granted I absolutely have my own beliefs when it comes to this. Strong on the KJV, am always reinforcing my music standard, and Heidi and me have made a joint decision that she is going to wear skirts and dresses, other than for activities that may prohibit her wearing skirts or dresses modestly. In which she is comfortable wearing loose fitting pants. 

However, I love my God first and foremost and am not going to waste my time pushing my beliefs on other people. I want to push people into the arms of God to figure that out themselves, and if they come to the same conclusion I have then great. If not we are all going to stand before God and He will judge us accordingly, which is just simply not my place! But, until that day I am commanded to love them as myself! 

Divisions among Christian’s is so present right now it’s now even funny, and that doesn’t represent Christ like love at all! I simply hope and pray that we just turn back to the love of God, and strive to be more like Him every day! Believe it or not we all can believe a little differently, and still get along in Christ Like Love! 

Be an encouragement to someone today! Hope you all have a great day! 😁

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It's hard to know what reaction emoji to use in response to these non-sensical screeds from Tim.  I chose the "like," but what would be better is an emoji that is confused, amused and befuddled whilst rolling its eyes.

Pretty much what I got out of that is the fact that Heidi will be allowed to occasionally wear "loose fitting" pants when she feels she needs to, and if Tim agrees with her.

😒

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

The post by Timothy is really interesting.   Other than the ‘joint decision’ about Heidi’s attire.   Hopefully he will continue to grow and eventually see Heidi’s attire should be totally Heidi’s decision. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 8

Is it possible Tim is growing beyond Mama saying quit fretting majorly over the minors of music,  KJV, and "modesty?"  He's not going to push his views on other people?  Or is his writing so bad that what he wrote isn't what he meant? 

• Like 17
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hide contents

Hello everybody! The last few weeks I have been pretty discouraged in the fact that so many Christian’s use titles and stereotypes to label themselves whatever they may be. We are getting so caught up on KJV, Modesty, Contemporary music (probably the biggest 3) that I feel that is distracting from us individually getting in the Bible and living such a fearful life of the wrath of God that we simply “count it all joy”. The Bible says in the New Testament that essentially we live under 2 laws if we abide by these we will strive to be abiding by the Old Testament law (10 commandments) as well. 

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. [31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Now granted I absolutely have my own beliefs when it comes to this. Strong on the KJV, am always reinforcing my music standard, and Heidi and me have made a joint decision that she is going to wear skirts and dresses, other than for activities that may prohibit her wearing skirts or dresses modestly. In which she is comfortable wearing loose fitting pants. 

However, I love my God first and foremost and am not going to waste my time pushing my beliefs on other people. I want to push people into the arms of God to figure that out themselves, and if they come to the same conclusion I have then great. If not we are all going to stand before God and He will judge us accordingly, which is just simply not my place! But, until that day I am commanded to love them as myself! 

Divisions among Christian’s is so present right now it’s now even funny, and that doesn’t represent Christ like love at all! I simply hope and pray that we just turn back to the love of God, and strive to be more like Him every day! Believe it or not we all can believe a little differently, and still get along in Christ Like Love! 

Holy random apostrophes, Timothy! 🤦‍♀️🤪

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Is it possible Tim is growing beyond Mama saying quit fretting majorly over the minors of music,  KJV, and "modesty?"  He's not going to push his views on other people?  Or is his writing so bad that what he wrote isn't what he meant? 

Hopefully!

40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Heidi and me have made a joint decision that she is going to wear skirts and dresses, other than for activities that may prohibit her wearing skirts or dresses modestly.

😳😳😳

• Like 5
(edited)

Believe it or not we all can believe a little differently, and still get along in Christ Like Love!

Jill, are you reading this? Tim is showing the smallest bit of tolerance! 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Fixed quote
  • Like 15
  • LOL 4
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hide contents

I feel like taking a red pencil to it to correct all the grammatical errors.  Amongst other things he doesn't seem to understand plural vs singular nor the difference between I and me and when to use each.  Most 5th graders would give this a failing grade.

16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If you ask Jill, I am sure she would tell you that she NEVER pushes her views on other people.  She just complains about them on the internet, not to their faces.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Isn't it their duty to save souls?

I'm so confused. Is Tim leaning into KJV to revaluate modesty and music, because he/they strayed?

And again aren't IFBs required to push their beliefs on others, so they will get the good seats in heaven?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't it their duty to save souls?

I'm so confused. Is Tim leaning into KJV to revaluate modesty and music, because he/they strayed?

And again aren't IFBs required to push their beliefs on others, so they will get the good seats in heaven?

What I think Timothy is saying (although the errors make it tricky) is that he isn't going to go after other christians for their Bible translation, music, or clothing choices. I think he would still very much be in missionary mode with a pants-wearing, working, punk-loving atheist woman, but he's willing to live and let live with other christians (unlike Jill who posts a humble brag about how her family doesn't give in to sinful modern religion at least once every couple months. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Oh my, a reply on Timothy’s post, and Heidi “liked” it. No response to it from Timothy yet.

“Good for you, Timothy!  I grew up with a very devout mother, too, whose opinions on things I sometimes confused for my own.  I had to find my own way in life, and I'm so glad to see you are doing likewise!”

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Love 2

I noticed a recent post by Kaylee showed she was using some sort of study bible. Maybe there new church offers a bit more than angry men screaming from a podium and they are actually doing a bit of thinking about things in the bible now, rather than worrying about going to hell  or saving people every dang minute of their lives

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Jill is cooking “chicken gizzard” soup.  If you’ve never eaten chicken gizzards, it’s like eating a rubber flip flop sandal.  I truly don’t have words for this. 😶

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Oh my, a reply on Timothy’s post, and Heidi “liked” it. No response to it from Timothy yet.

“Good for you, Timothy!  I grew up with a very devout mother, too, whose opinions on things I sometimes confused for my own.  I had to find my own way in life, and I'm so glad to see you are doing likewise!”

I’m so hoping that she’ll come to her senses and call off the wedding.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2

I don't know what to think of Timothy. I've learned to give them all a pass on the grammar(otherwise it would drive me insane!), since they have never had any schooling. I don't consider anything Jill "taught" them to be school. Now of course, they are old enough to learn for themselves the correct way to spell, but they think they have been taught everything right by the greatest "teacher" in their life.

Timothy, the last thing you should care about is what Heidi wears and I cringe anytime you bring up her wearing only dresses. Of course, unless she is doing something that would require "loose" fitting pants and your approval. It makes you look creepier than you might be. I guess I understand though, this has been etched in your brain since birth.

I know, baby steps. Maybe someday, these kids will wake up and see how badly their mother screwed them over in life.

• Like 21
10 hours ago, Madtown said:

Timothy, the last thing you should care about is what Heidi wears and I cringe anytime you bring up her wearing only dresses. Of course, unless she is doing something that would require "loose" fitting pants and your approval. It makes you look creepier than you might be. I guess I understand though, this has been etched in your brain since birth.

True but Heidi may very well have decided this is what she wants to do.   Jill very much sets the dress code in the Rodrigues household.   Dave may hold the same hateful beliefs as she but I don't think he cares enough to bother what women wear.   Jill does because then she can be all judgy mcjudgerson about people, while wearing her baseball bonnets and sweat blouses.

• Like 10

I wonder if this was Heidi saying she is still going to hang around her sister even though she wears normal and sometimes revealing clothing and listens to mainstream music. And that what others wear and do doesn't make them bad people.

• Like 12
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Timothy’s reply.

94615F66-50A1-413A-B24B-F1920042B9DF.jpeg

• Sad 5
  • Useful 1

I am wondering why Timothy needed to post about the clothing decision for Heidi and the rest of it on fb at all.

Was he afraid to tell mama and daddy in person and posted so Jill could read  when he could be a safe distance away or what??

I wonder if they agreed on what Timothy should wear too. Will he wear jeans and a tucked in polo at all times, except when he feels he would be wearing it immodestly? 😂

Maybe someone pointed out how form fitting t shirts become when worn as swimming attire.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, why no decisions on Tim's attire? Shouldn't men also dress modestly, or do they really believe that women don't find tight jeans defrauding? 🙄

I guess they’re not familiar with Led Zeppelin in their heyday! 🤪

• LOL 17

It sounds to me like Tim and Heidi had an actual grown-up discussion and they both found middle ground.  Maybe  he has started to realize that people who dress and listen to music like his future sister-in-law are ok people after all.  I still have some hope for him.

• Like 15

Timmy’s post really cracks me up. It’s one HUGE contradiction. Love everyone, except the blue-haired single mom with tattoos.  Follow God in your own way…as long as you read ONLY the KJV Bible and follow MY version of Jesauce. Don’t press your beliefs onto others, yet let’s God-bother everyone (yay, soul winning!). Don’t worry about modesty, yet I’m gonna make sure my little wifey wears dresses and baggy pants when it’s immodest to wear skirts.  And slut shame any female who doesn’t follow suit.  Timmy, are you even reading your own drivel?

• Like 18
(edited)

I believe that Heidi’s sister said in one of her posts or TikToks that Heidi made the decision to go skirts only before she started dating/courting Timothy.

I think Heidi’s family, in general, is opening Tim’s eyes a bit. They may have open discussions with their kids instead of just demanding and preaching at them.

Edited by YupItsMe
Word
  • Like 14
(edited)

I think Heidi is tiny but mighty. Timmy picked a strong woman like his mom, but a strong woman who doesn't seem to be competing with imaginary enemies. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 12
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Timmy pick a strong woman like his mom

Heidi is strong in that she is self-confident and willing to stand her ground.

Jill is just domineering and self-centered.   I also suspect Jill is very insecure which is why she always shouting out how great her family is while everyone else is just mess.   Or how great her hunk is, when he is well.. David.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2