Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Tim is just ahas arrogant and hatful as ever. I never bought the “breaking away” narrative. He wants to have sex, so yeah he’s not going to go full incel on Heidi, at least until that is locked down.

• Like 9

I was thinking Heidi's family would be more of an influence in practical areas, like finding solid employment. I think they live in a world where working and earning an income is the norm. Maybe I have that wrong too.

• Like 12

Sadly, in Tim's world working for a MLM is practical employment. Since he's not likely to make much of a living tormenting people in coffee shops, hopefully he'll have to keep moving towards something less scammy (I know, it's a long shot). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking Heidi's family would be more of an influence in practical areas, like finding solid employment. I think they live in a world where working and earning an income is the norm. Maybe I have that wrong too.

According to a post of Ellen’s Heidi’s father is, “a lineman for the Railroad “.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

How old is Heidi? I think she's in the 20-21 age bracket. She could stay on her parent's insurance, at least until the first couple of blessings come along. Then Tim may have to get a real job with benefits!

More like Tim will turn into his dad. Pile everyone into a van and go grifting while selling MLM junk. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
(edited)

I don’t know anything about Globe Life Heritage. I do know something about Globe Life.  Decades ago my uncle was an agent and then an officer of Globe Life.  He made a very good living.  All the nieces and  nephews had children’s life insurance  policies through them.  I had policies on my children for a very small annual fee.  We gave the older son’s up  when it matured to an adult policy- he has plenty of other insurance. We kept the one on the younger son as he had developed a condition that could make getting individual life insurance more problematic.  When he passed away, Globe paid the funeral home in 24 hours. 

Many life insurance companies used to practice cold calling and outside sales  at the customer’s home for decades.  That’s how we bought the individual life insurance policies we have another company, with the required medical visit, etc.   Now most life insurance   is either sold  over the internet or at a brick and mortar office of an independent agent.  I don’t anticipate Tim doing well at this endeavor because he will only be able to sell to like minded people he knows.  There will only be a one time transaction per customer too. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Going back to the picture of the poor waifs in the blue dresses.  What on earth is Janessa wearing?  It looks like some mashup of three or four different things.  There is the top that looks like it's a dress of some sort  (you can see the black skirt through the lace skirt).  There's some sort of modesty shirt under the top.  There is some white underskirt or something under the blue lace and the blue lace appears to be an overskirt or something.  I am very confused by this whole outfit.  I feel so sorry for the remaining kids in general because making them look like waifs who picked clothes out a dumpster is her way of upping the grift.  She should be ashamed.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. And I thought Heidi’s parents had prompted Tim to get a real job with benefits, etc, so that they would allow the engagement. I guess I was wrong 😪

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t know anything about Globe Life Heritage. I do know something about Globe Life.  Decades ago my uncle was an agent and then an officer of Globe Life.  He made a very good living.  All the nieces and  nephews had children’s life insurance  policies through them.  I had policies on my children for a very small annual fee.  We gave the older son’s up  when it matured to an adult policy- he has plenty of other insurance. We kept the one on the younger son as he had developed a condition that could make getting individual life insurance more problematic.  When he passed away, Globe paid the funeral home in 24 hours. 

Many life insurance companies used to practice cold calling and outside sales  at the customer’s home for decades.  That’s how we bought the individual life insurance policies we have another company, with the required medical visit, etc.   Now most life insurance   is either sold  over the internet or at a brick and mortar office of an independent agent.  I don’t anticipate Tim doing well at this endeavor because he will only be able to sell to like minded people he knows.  There will only be a one time transaction per customer too. 

I think cold calling might not be so bad if it came with full time employment and benefits, then commission on top of that. But I don’t think that’s what he’s doing, unfortunately.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Sadly, in Tim's world working for a MLM is practical employment.

So sad he sold that lawn service, where he claimed to make $5,000 a month, to go pursue mama's grift tour bragging point of "our oldest son Timothy is a licensed pilot with a burden for missionary aviation"

Uncle Kevin Foster has a godly lawn care, one of his cousins just started a godly lawn care biz. Tim had the godly lawn care biz, equipment and apparently some customers.

Nothing wrong in aiming/aspiring to do something different, but he has been given few tools to achieve in other areas.

For all the talk of Heidi has changed him, they will not let Jill run their lives, etc. I predict as soon as they are married and living within 20mins of the barndo Heidi will be assimilated into the rod fam just like Jonathan.

• Sad 12
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's been the speculation. Hopefully without the taps. 

I think the taps are visible.

image.png.0fafd25d415bb7e88e59a4a6353fe27f.png

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
On 3/1/2024 at 2:26 PM, oliviabenson said:

For $1000 I’d tolerate Jill for half an hour lol

But then you'd go to Dollar General with a cart full of stuff, only to have the cashier tell you that this gift card expired in 2017.

On 3/1/2024 at 4:20 PM, DXD526 said:

The business model for Dollar General seems to be 'dark'. There are several within a half hour of me, and they all carry the same items, and they're all dark inside. Even the one that just opened a year ago. It's new and clean, but dark. It's got to be intentional, because they're all like that.

The Dollar General by me has some kind of blue adhesive covering over all of their giant windows, making the place look closed even when it's not.  I get a lot of stocking stuffers and small gifts there, but it's not really a pleasant experience.  So getting a $10 gift card for listening to Jill and Kaylee ramble for 90 minutes is just not that big a draw, but it's funny that Jill seems to think it is.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill isn’t musically training the youngest girls. I wonder why.

I'm guessing Jill knows four daughters and their mom is not a recipe for a big grift, which in just a few short years is who will be left to "tour".

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 10
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Jill knows four daughters and their mom is not a recipe for a big grift, which in just a few short years is who will be left to "tour".

There would also be no manly men sons to do the man's job of hauling in the equipment and setting it up. Jill has mentioned multiple times in the past things like Timothy sets up all the sound equipment or Samuel is our go to guy for getting things set to perform. Gabriel should graduate home school next year. If Jill holds him back like she did with Samuel, Gabe would be 20 when he graduated.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

There would also be no manly men sons to do the man's job of hauling in the equipment and setting it up. Jill has mentioned multiple times in the past things like Timothy sets up all the sound equipment or Samuel is our go to guy for getting things set to perform. Gabriel should graduate home school next year. If Jill holds him back like she did with Samuel, Gabe would be 20 when he graduated.

I wonder why she is holding Sam back? I can’t imagine that a few months more is going to make any difference.

• Like 10
Just now, AstridM said:

I wonder why she is holding Sam back? I can’t imagine that a few months more is going to make any difference.

No idea. But Jill posted pics a few years ago being ready for the school year and Phillip, Samuel and Gabriel were shown being 8th, 7th and 6th. Phillip graduated 2 yrs ago so...🤷‍♀️Screenshot(575).thumb.png.2f16756c0c5b714919af624b21ab24e0.png

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Janelle and Christine from sister wives were on the trip.   Wonder if they had too much fun for Jill’s liking 

Is funny because during a long period of their lives they wore double shirt modest clothes and were anti-alcohol.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
39 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Janelle and Christine from sister wives were on the trip.   Wonder if they had too much fun for Jill’s liking 

They were in the vip section so Jill never saw them or their much better buffets lol.

Next plexus trip is to Vegas. Wonder if Jill goes?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

They were in the vip section so Jill never saw them or their much better buffets lol.

I'd love to see that. I wonder if they still handout those "ads" to anyone who passes by on the sidewalk? If you have been there,  you know what I mean. They do not discriminate who gets one. I would see people take them, thinking it was a cool freebie, see what it was and throw it away. 

• Like 8

Text of a post Ellen shared.

When good people leave your church  

•Do not criticize their decision.

•Pray for them.

•Don’t gossip about them.

•Don’t post things about them.

•Do not avoid them when you see them.

•Remember all the good they did.

•Reach out when they are in need.

•Be sincere.

•Be kind.

•Leave door open.

•Don’t assume you know why.

•Don’t give up on their kids. (Sometimes they come back when older)

•NEVER rejoice if they do have hard times.

•Don’t be guilty of assuming they are going to a “carnal” church.

• Like 7
  • Useful 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Text of a post Ellen shared.

When good people leave your church  

•Do not criticize their decision.

•Pray for them.

•Don’t gossip about them.

•Don’t post things about them.

•Do not avoid them when you see them.

•Remember all the good they did.

•Reach out when they are in need.

•Be sincere.

•Be kind.

•Leave door open.

•Don’t assume you know why.

•Don’t give up on their kids. (Sometimes they come back when older)

•NEVER rejoice if they do have hard times.

•Don’t be guilty of assuming they are going to a “carnal” church.

I will say if she is truly able to treat people who left the church in these ways, good for her. When we left our church, we were completely shunned. People we had been friends with for 20 yrs would actually turn their heads away if they saw us in Costco. Our church, my job and most of our friends were lost all in a week's time.

hahaha on the "carnal" church. when we were first married we left my childhood missouri synod lutheran church for an elca lutheran church and both my mom and the m. synod pastor were adamant we were leaving for a church set up by satan to lure people away from the "true church"🙄🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 7
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'd love to see that. I wonder if they still handout those "ads" to anyone who passes by on the sidewalk? If you have been there,  you know what I mean. They do not discriminate who gets one. I would see people take them, thinking it was a cool freebie, see what it was and throw it away. 

I was there this summer, just for a night before we were picked up for a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. Granted I wasn’t on the strip late, nor did I wander down to Fremont St, but I didn’t see as many fliers as I did when I was there in 2005. I did smell a lot of weed though. 

I don’t know how Jilly would manage to steer clear of any Satan Honoring activities there, it basically starts at the airport.  However, I’d love to see her totally melt down amongst all the debauchery.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I was there this summer, just for a night before we were picked up for a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. Granted I wasn’t on the strip late, nor did I wander down to Fremont St, but I didn’t see as many fliers as I did when I was there in 2005. I did smell a lot of weed though. 

I don’t know how Jilly would manage to steer clear of any Satan Honoring activities there, it basically starts at the airport.  However, I’d love to see her totally melt down amongst all the debauchery.

It was still bad with the fliers when I was there around that same time as well. I don't know how she would handle the place. Even though a lot has changed, after trying to go more family friendly, they went back to the risque. I'm not sure how they are now but even at family friendly, it really wasn't. 

• Useful 5
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Las Vegas is Sin City.  If she goes, she’ll be the biggest hypocrite who ever lived.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What would her Vegas wardrobe consist of? Wholesome stripper? 😀

Maybe wholesome showgirl? I'm imagining pink, feathered, and bejeweled headdresses for Jill and her team like the Nashville cowgirl hats.

• LOL 14

What is a ‘carnal’ church?   Are there really no other choices between whatever church a person previously attended and a ‘carnal’ church?   Couldn’t the reason for the change just be that the new church, same denomination, might be closer to the new house someone  bought? 

• Like 12
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder if Dave and Jill would be allowed to pass out their smilies to people on the sidewalk.  Since the ones that are handed out pertain to  specific establishments, I would doubt it.  But I can see Jill trying.  What time of year is the Plexus meeting?  If it is in the summer they will almost have to stay inside out of the heat.  They would have to hang around inside with all the gambling, and there is really no place to avoid the action.  Even to get to the meeting rooms in the hotels you have to walk through the gamblers and drinkers.  And I doubt they would appreciate the shows.  Maybe she will be happy with qualifying and not attending this one.  Las Vegas really is a different type of atmosphere.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Where does one find a carnal church? I'm asking for a friend.

I'm not sure. But Jill says there's a "liscense for lasciviousness." Maybe those licenses are issued by a carnal church?

Screenshot from a post way upthread here - posted in March 2022:

Screenshot2024-03-06at9_26_21AM.thumb.png.19688e3f544b4aa53105c56ecc8b661e.png

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I just read that

I don’t know if I’m alone in this thought, but I would very much appreciate  you moving this to the Sister Wives thread please. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I just read that Janelle's son unalived himself. Sister Wives star’s son Garrison Brown dies aged 25 (msn.com)

I realize this is a comment about the words Jill might use in this situation. However the death of Garrison is a tragedy.  The Sister Wives posters are all very upset as we’ve watched him grow up on TV.  Plus several are remembering our own children that have died.  Some people have lost family members to suicide. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have never watched that show and have only a vague idea who this person is. Whether or not I know them personally, know of them, or have snarked about their family tv show, this is tragic, heartbreaking and perhaps should be .... not sure the proper wording... posted more delicately, worded with a bit more gentleness or something.

Also, yes it is in the wrong show thread.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 11
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Nothing posted by Jill in 4 days.

Seems ominous another "please let me explain" post might be coming soon. 🙄

Kaylee has been posting every day. But it's not even worth talking about. Boooring. 💤

• LOL 8
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee has been posting every day. But it's not even worth talking about. Boooring. 💤

yet she somehow has 499 fb followers. Up 20 since a few days ago. Kaylee got 60 people to post their phone lock screen pic with one of those silly fb "challenges". Their children, spouses, homes, pets etc. 🤷‍♀️

Jill did comment yesterday on Kaylee's 5 day old post about the kombucha.

Jill's response "Yum!!"   Like Jill ever drinks anything but coffee, the pink drink and non alcohol sparkling juice on the special occasions.

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I have never watched that show and have only a vague idea who this person is. Whether or not I know them personally, know of them, or have snarked about their family tv show, this is tragic and perhaps should be .... not sure the proper wording... posted more delicately, worded a bit more gentleness or something.

Also, yes it is in the wrong show thread.

I wasn't sure if the word suicide was still allowed on the forum, so I changed the word.   I made the post as a response to someone mentioning of Janelle so there was a connection to this particular forum. Otherwise, I posted the headline as listed.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I wasn't sure if the word suicide was still allowed on the forum, so I changed the word.   I made the post as a response to someone mentioning of Janelle so there was a connection to this particular forum. Otherwise, I posted the headline as listed.

Not a mod, but, in the past, this thread was reserved for talking about people who had actually appeared on one of the Duggar shows.  For example, JRod and family attended at least one of the Duggar weddings; Jinger's I think.  That's why she is discussed here.  The sister wives, while they might be mentioned in the context of a post about someone who has appeared on this show; have never been on any of the Counting On incarnations; so this thread is not really a good place for news about them.

If you want to alert posters to news pertaining to other shows, you might want to go to small talk and simply tell people there is some sad news in the Sister Wives thread and let people decide if they're interested or not.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
12 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I get that. I was just trying to give thought to how we can be respectful of the heartbreak and choose our wording on such a topic with tact and gentleness.

But also the people involved in this heartbreak have their own show thread, so possibly it was more appropriate to post there where they are known.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Not a mod, but, in the past, this thread was reserved for talking about people who had actually appeared on one of the Duggar shows.  For example, JRod and family attended at least one of the Duggar weddings; Jinger's I think.  That's why she is discussed here.  The sister wives, while they might be mentioned in the context of a post about someone who has appeared on this show; have never been on any of the Counting On incarnations; so this thread is not really a good place for news about them.

If you want to alert posters to news pertaining to other shows, you might want to go to small talk and simply tell people there is some sad news in the Sister Wives thread and let people decide if they're interested or not.

I haven't visited the Sister Wives thread for a long time so I wasn't going to research those threads. I saw the news headline this morning and noted members in this thread mentioned Janelle, very recently, in relation to Jill Rod's Plexus cruise. I posted here for posters here who might not have known.

7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I get that. I was just trying to give thought to how we can be respectful of the heartbreak and choose our wording on such a topic with tact and gentleness.

But also the people involved in this heartbreak have their own show thread, so possibly it was more appropriate to post there where they are known.

I don't understand a news headline saying someone died being too harsh for this forum but appropriate for another forum. 

38 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't understand a news headline saying someone died being too harsh for this forum but appropriate for another forum. 

Given the sensitivity of the topic, and that it might be triggering to others here, perhaps it is best if we just let this go.

Thank you for you perspective and context for your orig post.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Nothing posted by Jill in 4 days.

Seems ominous another "please let me explain" post might be coming soon. 🙄

Jill is pregnant or someone eloped. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 4