Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Some of these names are killin' me!🤣

Is Nurie smart enough to even know that Nevaeh is Heaven backwards? lol.
How fast is Kaylee trying to get pregnant now, to see if she will have a girl?

• LOL 7

Well the one and only good thing about Nurie providing the first granddaughter,  is that Jill can't just take over.

Oh. Wait. This is Jill were talking about.  She'll move the whole family,  including (and Kaylee, Jonathan and Gideon) into Nathan and Nurie's place just so that she can be the BEST MEME ever! (And, yes, is spelled Mimi wrong on purpose).

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1

One girl (Sadie?) has 2 modesty shirts on under her dress and is wearing lipstick. How is that modest in Jill’s world for a kid to wear lipstick?

I don’t care that the kid is wearing lipstick but in Jill’s head that’s unacceptable behavior from a mahdest female.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Trillium said:

They are going to do Neveah, aren’t they?

I swear, everyone that got pregnant in my high school in the mid/late 90’s named their girls Skye or Neveah. Since these people are basically stuck in that era and have the intellect of a high schooler, I can see them thinking “heaven spelled backwards” is super cool and original.

And Brianna. I knew 3 of them that got pregnant in high school in the late 90’s and that was their name choice. 

Naomi would be normal and lovely, so that means they won’t choose it. Nevaeh is definitely top guess. 

• Like 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Ellen apparently vagueposted a meme on her FB page that included these words: 🤔

"My side of the story doesn't matter anymore. Life happened, I healed, but most importantly I learned who deserves a seat at my table and who will never sit at it again."

I don't believe those posts mean anything directed to Jill or anyone else. Just some motivational fb meme she saw, liked and re posted. 

Ellen congratulated Jill in the comments on the gender reveal video and was shown in the zoom plexus meeting Kaylee posted yesterday

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 8
21 hours ago, Trillium said:

They are going to do Neveah, aren’t they?

I can see them thinking “heaven spelled backwards” is super cool and original.

Can't you just see Jill making a video and hear her screechsplaining. "did you know Nevaeh is heaven spelled backwards? so neat!!!"

Like no one else had ever thought of that, had used, or heard of the name before.

Of course Jill wouldn't stop there. She would go on to explain how the best parents ever picked that name to remind their child everyday that this old world is not her home and she will be with Jeesauce in her real home in heaven someday.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

Newman always struck me as an odd choice bc its a big name in Catholic circles - the Catholic groups at college are usually names for St John Henry Newman.

Nicole would be pretty but its not Biblical. Guess she would go big on the middle name though.

Seems like they either go Biblical or super trendy, no in between lol.

Also, who is Ellen? 

• Like 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Can't you just see Jill making a video and hear her screechsplaining. "did you know Nevaeh is heaven spelled backwards? so neat!!!"

Hmm, I would venture to say that Jill insisted Nurie give all of her kids "N" names, betting on her eventually having a girl, just so Jill could push hard for the name "Nevaeh."  I bet Jill's already got her storyboards all lined up for the upcoming "screechsplaining" (LOL love this) video, complete with the word "HEAVEN" written on a whiteboard so she can sausage-finger the letters backwards so us heathens fully understand. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • LOL 11
(edited)

I have a sil who speculates endlessly on what others should name their kids & pets. I just adopt a wait and see. I'm expecting to find this girl child's name to be cringeworthy. We'll see!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 11

My husband and I both have M names and EVERYONE asked us if we would give our kids M names. We said absolutely not. But I Can see Nurthan getting the same  -- Oh you have to give your kids N names!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

My husband and I both have M names and EVERYONE asked us if we would give our kids M names. We said absolutely not. But I Can see Nurthan getting the same  -- Oh you have to give your kids N names!! 

Well, since it worked so well for the infamous Duggars......

• LOL 12
35 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I knew a family where both parents’ and the two boys’ names all started with J. Then their daughter came along and their favorite girl name started with K. Know what they did? They gave her that name. To my knowledge, she never felt left out by her name not “matching.” Shocking.

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Can someone remind me what Nurie's two sons are named?  I saw Newman in a post above, so I know that is one.  Is he the oldest?  What about the other one. 

Newman is the baby, at least for a few more months. Oldest is Nehemiah. Often referred to here as Nemo & Newmie.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Newman always struck me as an odd choice bc its a big name in Catholic circles - the Catholic groups at college are usually names for St John Henry Newman.

Nicole would be pretty but its not Biblical. Guess she would go big on the middle name though.

Seems like they either go Biblical or super trendy, no in between lol.

Also, who is Ellen? 

Ellen is Timmay's future mother-in-law.  Heidi's mother.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Ellen will act nice toward Jill because her kid is marrying Timmy. She might not like Jill but I doubt she will make waves. She wouldn’t want Jill being nasty to Heidi. I wonder if Jill even likes Heidi? I vote for no.

• Like 11
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I don't believe those posts mean anything directed to Jill or anyone else. Just some motivational fb meme she saw, liked and re posted. 

Ellen congratulated Jill in the comments on the gender reveal video and was shown in the zoom plexus meeting Kaylee posted yesterday

There is nothing worse than vaguebooking, imho. Just fucking say what you mean! Ugh.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

812EC1DF-7B71-4280-BA87-292D8CA4033A.jpeg

A lot cheaper to drink these than the pricey probiotics from Plexus. Someone should let her know. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Ellen will act nice toward Jill because her kid is marrying Timmy. She might not like Jill but I doubt she will make waves. She wouldn’t want Jill being nasty to Heidi. I wonder if Jill even likes Heidi? I vote for no.

Who do you think is coaching Heidi to stand up to Jill?    Oh darn did we announce the engagement when you weren't available, so sorry Jill.   

As for the kombucha, isn't Kaylee still breastfeeding?  

• Like 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Newman is the baby, at least for a few more months. Oldest is Nehemiah. Often referred to here as Nemo & Newmie.

Thank you.  I completely drew a blank.  

Edited by ranchgirl
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I have a feeling that there is a whole subsection of people - various Fundies, nice church ladies, Amish folks just trying to live their lives, regular people just trying to do their laundry, etc. - who understand, with one look at Jill, that it's better to be her fake friend than her enemy.

And I think if Jill doesn't like Heidi, it's less to do with Heidi and more to do with losing Timmy from under her thumb.  Now here's Tim under the influences of Heidi and her family, who are surely feeding him actual food and showing him that women can wear pants and not spontaneously combust, which goes against everything Jill has been pouring into Tim's brain since he was a child.

• Like 17
21 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I noticed in the video that Nemo and Nessi suck their hands. Nessie practically has both hands in her face/mouth non stop. None of the kids looked thrilled to be there. 

Guess they need a lot of self soothing.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

What is the origin of Nurie or the reason Jill chose that name? I’d never heard it before.

Also, I think Jill might see it as sacrilegious to use Nevaeh because it is heaven backwards (so maybe Satanic in her mind).

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

OMG, what's on the next slide?!  What do we have to do to get that sweet, sweet $10 Dollar General gift card?

E1AEDBBB-63CD-49A1-8681-647A0C220809.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • LOL 13

Oh, oh, its a 2fer for JillR - sell Plexus and show off her 'décor'.

Jill can sit in her bathroom during the "party" and show everyone how far a $10 Dollar General card can go.

• LOL 14
(edited)

5D601A36-4FD1-40BE-B8C1-792E50E44954.jpeg

Jill really does not care about her kids. A sweatshirt under a dress for modesty. Whyyyy…. Jill was showing off her pits in DR and that was ok right.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 14
  • Useful 1

Ill bet that gift card was given to them by that last church that they "sang" at.

those outfits on the little girls.  Good lord. the one on the left is wearing leggings under, why?? the skirt is plenty long enough. and if they cant have bare arms (insert eye roll here), why dotn they just have them wear little white cardis like little girls have for generations??? One white cardi can be worn over pretty much any dress and look cute 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I watched the video of them playing their instruments at a grift church.  Violins and clarinet are so out of tune.  Tessie does not hold her clarinet correctly and that affects her tone (because I’m sure Modest Mahmo does not allow her to hold it straight while she’s sitting as she may have to open her legs a bit.  I played clarinet for over 20 years Jill, and I never flashed anybody.).  No singing on the video.  Those kids may have become better on the violins and clarinet if they had some actual lessons but the IG video this morning hurts the ears.  Guitars and banjo aren’t bad.  Jill’s got an accordion which isn’t great either.  I can’t imagine being stuck in a church and having to listen to them share their “talents”.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

6934D70D-700A-46B0-B089-FF324A43DCE4.jpeg

Oh dear Lord Daniel I thought a snarker made that. But no it’s a real post by Jill. Lmao. 

Maybe win whole $10 and listen to Jill’s awful voice?! What a sweet sweet deal! /s

• LOL 8
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Oh dear Lord Daniel I thought a snarker made that. But no it’s a real post by Jill. Lmao. 

Maybe win whole $10 and listen to Jill’s awful voice?! What a sweet sweet deal! /s

But graphic design is her passion!  

• LOL 16
42 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I watched the video of them playing their instruments at a grift church.  Violins and clarinet are so out of tune

I picture the congregation doing that little smile and shuffle thing that parents do when attending their kids' 5th grade orchestra concerts...you smile at first, then it all goes south and you shift in your uncomfortable chair and pretend that the evening's event pamphlet is fascinating so you don't have to watch what's happening on the stage.

But by now, you would think the Rod kids could stay in tune with each other - it's basically been their singular job since they could hold an instrument.  And what they're doing is not easy, especially if they're all pretty much self-trained.  I would love to think that Tessie goes off-key on purpose once in awhile, but whenever I see the kids on stage, at least 75% of them look as though they'd rather be anywhere else.  Not everyone is a natural performer.

• Like 10
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee was offering a $10 GC to win as well. Pretty sure the GC is provided by Plexus.

I doubt that. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I picture the congregation doing that little smile and shuffle thing that parents do when attending their kids' 5th grade orchestra concerts...you smile at first, then it all goes south and you shift in your uncomfortable chair and pretend that the evening's event pamphlet is fascinating so you don't have to watch what's happening on the stage.

But by now, you would think the Rod kids could stay in tune with each other - it's basically been their singular job since they could hold an instrument.  And what they're doing is not easy, especially if they're all pretty much self-trained.  I would love to think that Tessie goes off-key on purpose once in awhile, but whenever I see the kids on stage, at least 75% of them look as though they'd rather be anywhere else.  Not everyone is a natural performer.

I feel so bad for those kids because they were never given a choice of whether or not they wanted to perform.  Tessie looks like she would rather be anywhere each time they’re on stage somewhere.  Poor kids, never allowed to pursue their own passions, only Jill’s.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2