Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm sure they have bowling alleys in Ohio. Did those two even take a walk on the beach?

I doubt it because they might see people in bathing suits. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Jill and Dave's unit will be closed after they leave until the plumbers can get the hot tub drain working again. I can only imagine what they wore to sit in it.

Her wardrobe for this trip is exceeding expectations, and there are surprises to come. She still needs to hit the resort's shops too. I see a collection of Punta Cana t-shirt blouses and baseball bonnets in her future. 

Nobody feels envious of gloating Jill and her lazy husband. What planet does she live on to think that?

• Like 20
55 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and Dave's unit will be closed after they leave until the plumbers can get the hot tub drain working again. I can only imagine what they wore to sit in it.

Her wardrobe for this trip is exceeding expectations, and there are surprises to come. She still needs to hit the resort's shops too. I see a collection of Punta Cana t-shirt blouses and baseball bonnets in her future. 

Nobody feels envious of gloating Jill and her lazy husband. What planet does she live on to think that?

David and her are eating like kings, she is going to come home with tons of sweatblouses, hats or whatever. Meanwhile, her kids are barely eating and you know she won't bring a thing back for any of them. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 9
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

David and her are eating like kings, she is going to come home with tons of sweatblouses, hats or whatever. Meanwhile, her kids are barely eating and you know she won't bring a thing back for any of them. 

BME rationalizes that her kids want HER to get the souvenirs as she is so special. Dave doesn’t seem to buy much of anything so all the more for JillyBean.

• Sad 8
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

BME rationalizes that her kids want HER to get the souvenirs as she is so special. Dave doesn’t seem to buy much of anything so all the more for JillyBean.

Jill and David appear to have the convenient religious belief that they have no obligations to their children except to make sure they're fully indoctrinated and have little or no ability to leave or even question what "God" wants. God obviously wants Jill to have an abundance of the tackiest possessions possible.

I don't think the kids expect anything from Jill's many yearly vacations except a show of everything she bought for herself. At least on this trip, the Rodlets who made the trip to Florida are getting fed on Nathan's dime, and Tim and Jonathan are feeding anyone who remains in the barndo. That's probably more than they usually get.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

Ah, the bowling outfit. What function did that skirt have in its former life? Part of a  belly dancer's costume, maybe? The red and black bowling shoes, the orange bowling ball, and the casual shirt really top off the look. David, on the other hand, seems to own a lot of bowling shirts. I hope he brought one on the trip.

Of the hundreds of Plexus People at the beach resort, the bowling alley appears to be empty except for Jill and David. Even the children staying there have found something more interesting to do.

I'm SEVERELY GREEN with envy that I didn't fly to a beach resort in the DR to do some casual bowling in a long, skin-tight skirt and sit in a hot tub in my street clothes. I hope I can get past my jealousy.

6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I hope Tim gets married while Jill is away! 

How awesome would that be? Did Ellen go on this trip? She's a top Plexus pusher, but maybe she decided to stay home and be envious of Jill. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yes this. She has bragged about this in the past. Years ago some grift church gave all of the children money to buy something for themselves and while at the store it was decided they should spend all of it on gifts for mama.

As far as mama buying souvenirs, the children have been trained from early on through the "child of the week"  nonsense that the child of the week gets special treatment and even when child of the week brings home a candy bar and eats it in front of the others  they know they should not be jealous because someday it will be their week and they might get a candy bar too.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 17
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

How can she possibly bowl in that skirt?  And, as a poster stated above, why would you pay all that money for a special trip, only to go to a bowling alley?  You could do that at home, and your kids may actually have fun.  I'm guessing that no one wants to spend time with her on this trip.  Where are the other members of her "choir"?  No one to sing hymns with?  It appears to me that she and Dave are loners on this trip.

And how can she even go bowling?  I thought she had a severely injured knee AND shoulder.  Neither joint will be helped when she falls down trying to bowl in that skirt.

Would any of us want to? I get a feeling everyone is hanging out at the beach, wearing swimsuits, having a drink, maybe dancing, so of course Jill won't do that. I remember the cruise pictures and people were around the pool doing the same. She would have been in her room the whole time. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1

IIRC the Plexus trip where she and her choir were singing was a training conference. Maybe for people who just moved up to gold or something. So not a reward trip and I think JillyBean mostly posted about all the wonderous things she was learning. So I think this is a different crowd than Jill and Dave are used to. Plus the Diamonds probably are at a good party, lol.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC the Plexus trip where she and her choir were singing was a training conference. Maybe for people who just moved up to gold or something. So not a reward trip and I think JillyBean mostly posted about all the wonderous things she was learning. So I think this is a different crowd than Jill and Dave are used to. Plus the Diamonds probably are at a good party, lol.

Well sure, you are in the tropics, you have a beautiful beach and ocean, copious amounts of food and drink, dancing. Of course people are going to "take down their hair" and party. Jill doesn't know how to party. I'm not saying everyone has to get drunk off their a--, but she doesn't know how to really loosen  up and sees a lot of that as sinful. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

This is so sad. Even when I go to some random conference I always bring back a little something for the kids, or just give them whatever corporate swag they handed out if I only saw the confines of the local Hilton. (Also never been compelled to video my room/lobby either)

What an absolutely horrible woman. She only got that “free” trip because andKaylee is buying hundreds of dollars in crap Jillpm has convinced her she needs to buy. Kaylee is too sheltered and uneducated to know she’s getting scammed by her own mother so Mama can go on a fancy trip. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 4
10 minutes ago, Trillium said:

This is so sad. Even when I go to some random conference I always bring back a little something for the kids, or just give them whatever corporate swag they handed out if I only saw the confines of the local Hilton. (Also never been compelled to video my room/lobby either)

What an absolutely horrible woman. She only got that “free” trip because andKaylee is buying hundreds of dollars in crap Jillpm has convinced her she needs to buy. Kaylee is too sheltered and uneducated to know she’s getting scammed by her own mother so Mama can go on a fancy trip. 

At the very least, Jill should’ve taken Kaylee as her guest instead of David the lump.

• Like 15
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think it's all part of the Rod rebranding. For a long time, the "Dutiful Christians eschew jobs for the glory of God. Give us money so the waifs won't starve!" was their brand, as it were. Now the kids are growing and gaining weight as they get married/ find access to Bible College pizza and I suspect that while the waifs did encourage Love Offerings, they also inspired more than one call to Child Services. 

So Jill rebranded. Instead of martyr mom, she's now a successful entrepreneur! She's fun! She's wacky! She's her waifs' bestie! And you too can have all of this through the bounty of plexass (ugh)! 

Except, problem! I think most of the Rods' income must still come from printshop donations and dollars to doughnuts the people who are sponsoring pamphlets are the people who like Jill's oft-repeated standing firm against the wickedness of modernity nonsense. She's screwed if she shows pics of swimsuits, she's in trouble from the other end if she goes after Plexus peeps for sluttishness, I'm guessing bowling despite the oh-so-torn shoulder was the safest bet. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 22

On 2/18/2024 at 10:48 AM, Lady Edith said:

So I’m kind of confused, though I probably already know the answer to my question. Did anyone see what the cost was for this trip, not including airfare?  Their resort website says that a junior suite (lowest rank room) is around $300/night.  I’m imagining Plexus didn’t pay the whole stay (if at all) so this was an absolutely helluva expensive thing to do. Add in airfare for both of them and new outfits for both, I’m imagining this little sojourn cost the Rods around $2,000 or $3,000.  While the Stinkbus is about to wheeze its last and the kids are underfed, hollow-eyed and raggedy. Even if Plexus paid for room and board, it’s still a huge expense with airfare, new makeup/jewelry etc. and it’s one they should have passed on. 
oh—I also found the list of excursions and costs. Nothing under $100/person.  

Whats the name of the resort? People I know recently went to Punta cana, an all-inclusive that sounds similar and they got a "great deal" and the website looked great. They  were not impressed when they actually got there.  Ill bet Plexus got a fabulous deal for bulk numbers. The resorts there are huge and need to fill them rooms 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Barceló Bávaro Palace

ah the people i know stayed at the Melia Paradisus. Also listed as 5 stars. So prob similar. they said the food was so- so and the MAIN pool was drained and empty the majority of the time they were there!  They also had a "private jacuzzi" on their balcony which, in their  photos, looks like a bathtub.  They could barely fit into it together.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
6 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

ah the people i know stayed at the Melia Paradisus. Also listed as 5 stars. So prob similar. they said the food was so- so and the MAIN pool was drained and empty the majority of the time they were there!  They also had a "private jacuzzi" on their balcony which, in their  photos, looks like a bathtub.  They could barely fit into it together.

There are so many places there now. When I went over 20 years ago, there weren't as many, not close. The food was good, the room clean (no TV), I don't recall the pool because we spent the time at the beach and swam in the ocean. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jill might have gone down to the ocean last night. She took pictures of the pools at night. Well, she called them pis, but they were more lighted water features. She wouldn't know the difference. But they were walking the grounds, so who knows how far they went? It's not that far to the ocean from what I could tell. 

• Useful 4
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill might have gone down to the ocean last night. She took pictures of the pools at night. Well, she called them pis, but they were more lighted water features. She wouldn't know the difference. But they were walking the grounds, so who knows how far they went? It's not that far to the ocean from what I could tell. 

Probably, everyone was at whatever party they were throwing. I would be careful walking around at night if it isn't well lit. There are plenty of creepy crawlies out there. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
Just now, libgirl2 said:

Probably, everyone was at whatever party they were throwing. I would be careful walking around at night if it isn't well lit. There are plenty of creepy crawlies out there. 

And if they were out there, lighting would have made for shitty ocean shots. Better to post all those pictures of lit water features. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The Nationals (of the DR)? WTF Jill, your utter ignorance is showing. Apologies for not posting her video. My compressor kept screwing up. But yeah, "natives" would have not been perfect, but it would have been better.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

792E0308-A79D-4787-A5D3-A305C128D930.jpeg

02A03285-A5FC-48AE-B380-2270352C6F49.jpeg

What a JOY to treat my husband to a day on - The Lakes - a professional golf course!  😊  We had a great time together.  I soaked in some sun while on the cart and searched for balls for David.  It was cozy.  😉❤️

05477F32-19C8-4BA5-B885-2E9D930A773B.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 17
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

43D68712-4BFA-468C-8676-0D5ACBF1F4A1.jpeg

What a JOY to treat my husband to a day on - The Lakes - a professional golf course!  😊  We had a great time together.  I soaked in some sun while on the cart and searched for balls for David.  It was cozy.  😉❤️

I'm not sure that outfit she has on is modest! The oppressive heat must have gotten  her to uncover a bit more. And it can get hot and humid especially if you are not used to it. Love how she is the center of attention. TBH, a lot of women out there wear dresses, mainly older women. I think it is probably cooler. 

Am I the only one who snickered about her "searching" comment? Yes, he could use some. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I think it's all part of the Rod rebranding. For a long time, the "Dutiful Christians eschew jobs for the glory of God. Give us money so the waifs won't starve!" was their brand, as it were. Now the kids are growing and gaining weight as they get married/ find access to Bible College pizza and I suspect that while the waifs did encourage Love Offerings, they also inspired more than one call to Child Services. 

So Jill rebranded. Instead of martyr mom, she's now a successful entrepreneur! She's fun! She's wacky! She's her waifs' bestie! And you too can have all of this through the bounty of plexass (ugh)! 

Except, problem! I think most of the Rods' income must still come from printshop donations and dollars to doughnuts the people who are sponsoring pamphlets are the people who like Jill's oft-repeated standing firm against the wickedness of modernity nonsense. She's screwed if she shows pics of swimsuits, she's in trouble from the other end if she goes after Plexus peeps for sluttishness, I'm guessing bowling despite the oh-so-torn shoulder was the safest bet. 

Or she could just STFU for a couple days and enjoy her “yearly” vacation and put down the damn phone 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Jill, I have not been on a vacation since 2017 (thanks to the pandemic in 2020).  I did spend about 55 hours driving to Asheville and then back home in 2021.  But as desperate as I am for a vacation, I am not jealous/envious of this trip.  

Same! I haven’t had a vacation, but I’m definitely not envious of her life AT ALL. 

3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The cowboy outfit was worse lol

Or the best, depending on how you look at it 😛.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Nationals (of the DR)? WTF Jill, your utter ignorance is showing. Apologies for not posting her video. My compressor kept screwing up. But yeah, "natives" would have not been perfect, but it would have been better.

What, what?

17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

43D68712-4BFA-468C-8676-0D5ACBF1F4A1.jpeg

She couldn’t join him in golfing? Was she allowed to drive the golf cart, or it that only for men also? 😳

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

What, what?

She couldn’t join him in golfing? Was she allowed to drive the golf cart, or it that only for men also? 😳

Maybe she doesn't like it? And she had to look for balls. 

• LOL 12
(edited)
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe she doesn't like it? And she had to look for balls. 

If she found any balls for him she probably quickly put them back in her cross body fanny pack.....🤣

Also I note Dave is teeing off from the White Tees. That course has 5 levels of tee distance. white would be considered 2nd easiest of the 5. so sort of the ladies tees.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I find it interesting that Kaylee hasn’t posted at all since Jill and David left on Saturday. She had been posting every day.

Maybe Kaylee is enjoying her own vacation --- time away from Jill! 😜

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

That's a fairly decent outfit that Jill is wearing on the golf course. Why can't her daughters wear something other than skirts down to their ankles and tee shirts under sleeveless blouses and dresses? 

In one picture she actually rolled up her sleeves to expose her upper arm. She's gone wild in Punta Cana.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 12