Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I do love monopoly. I'd probably also have fun playing Christmas monopoly. I've always loved the different monopoly games. Star Wars, A Christmas Story, the different cities and shows. It did get a little heated at times.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 12
(edited)

I think Tim is benefitting from collateral good fortune. I'm guessing Plexus Boss Babe JillR thought she had the upper hand in all things Tim and Heidi and gradually found out she didn't.

It seems to me Heidi and her mom had already worked out the details of everything from announcement, pictures, shower and wedding, long before Jill opened her mouth. I'm guessing Jill came strolling in with a piece of cardboard and crayons saying, okay this is how we'll announce the engagement. And she was told no. Then at a later time I'm guessing she excitedly told Tim and Heidi she found the perfect place to take engagement photos and has already picked the color of the day. And she was told no.

No is not a word Jill is used to hearing unless she's the one saying it. So she's reacting by distancing herself from the whole thing. Telling everyone, including herself that she's just too busy for it all and is so thankful Heidi and her mom are doing it.

But like you all are saying, she's plotting her next passive aggressive move.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 22
(edited)

Jill posted her Plexus team standings on FB.  Nurie was not listed.  Perhaps Nathan put his foot down.  Ellen is her second highest ranked team member.  Can a person leave a Plexus team and form their own?  Jill needs to play nice with Ellen.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Bit of a conspiracy theory, but I am not 100% sold that (and Kaylee) is even writing all her posts. I get that she was taught the nonsensical commas and random capitalizations from Dear Mahmo, but some of her posts are nearly identical to Jilly's writings. I could see Jill wanting (and Kaylee)'s posts to pump up her downline, but not trusting her enough to convey the message as Jill deems appropriate. Jill probably set up the account, so would have the password.

The latest posts from andKaylee (Monoply with the girls, happy new year, plexus reset promo) were videos taken by Jill at the barndo. So yeah jill created the content and either sent to Kaylee girl to post or posted it to Kaylee's fb page.

Kaylee isn't even shown when Jill films the girls playing "this christmas monopoly - so much fun". Renee, Tessie, Hannah and Olivia all fawn at mama's camera, no Kaylee, while it is Jill talking.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
54 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Jill posted her Plexus team standings on FB.  Nuri was not listed.  Perhaps Nathan put his foot down.  Ellen is her second highest ranked team member.  Can a person leave a Plexus team and form their own?  Jill needs to play nice with Ellen.

Jill is in someone else’s downline so Jill’s team could have their own downline too, but would they be Jewels of Faith or whatever that SEVERLY special name is? Maybe Jill needs to go to the leadership meeting in Punta Cana so her team could learn how to recruit more teams. I get the impression most of her team just sell Plexus. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

People will lose weight on Jill's recipes because they are inedible.  Kaylee, and everyone else in that family (with the exception of Jill and Dave) do not need to try to lose any weight.  Weight loss comes with living in the barndo.

• Like 18
(edited)

Re: Timmy. He wants to have the Christ Honoring sex, and until they are married Heidi is not under his headship. I’m quite skeptical of his sudden shift that pants aren’t the gateway to Satan is genuine.  He might be willing to let things slide for now so Heidi  doesn’t run. Once she’s stuck forever, we’ll see how things play out. I hope for her sake his incel tendencies stay in the past. But he would be the first person to suddenly become controlling after the wedding either.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 16
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Re: Timmy. He wants to have the Christ Honoring sex, and until they are married Heidi is not under his headship. I’m quite skeptical of his sudden shift that pants aren’t the gateway to Satan is genuine.  He might be willing to let things slide for now so Heidi  doesn’t run. Once she stuck forever, we’ll see how things play out. I hope for her sake, his incel tendencies stay in the past. But he would be the first person to suddenly become controlling after the wedding either.

so true. with them living within 20mins of the barndo and attending church with mama's spy puppet kaylee, it will be a long row to hoe for Heidi to stand her ground.

• Sad 14
  • Useful 1

About the Plexus reset, Kaylee is just posting what Plexus is telling her to post. If she post recipes, it might be recipes provided by Plexus. However, it will be a lot more entertaining if she post her own recipes.

Also, it should not be surprising that Kaylee is as insensitive  and judgemental as her mother. It's all she knows. Jill raised her kids to think exactly like her.

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
(edited)

I'm curious about Jill's obsession with Plexus. I doubt it's about the money she's receiving, which can't be great. I also doubt she believes any of the products do what they claim. I think she feels powerful running her own "business." The perks, while usually small and spaced out, are things and experiences she wouldn't otherwise have in her dismal existence. (I begrudgingly give Plexus, Inc. credit for knowing its audience.)

I wonder what their lives would be like if Hunk had energy and ambition, and Jill had the personality of a garden hose. The children would still ignored and underfed, but at least there would be steady income and probably no stink van tours and church grifts. Even Pecan Thief manages to support his family. 

I hope Nurie quits shilling Plexus. It will end up costing her money. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She'll show up to the wedding with a brace or a big bandage and an elaborate story about a horse knocking her over her while she was carrying smiley tracts and freshly baked bread to her Amish neighbors.  

Or she'll announce that she's pregnant and then the following week, she'll have a tragic, severely painful miscarriage.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But like you all are saying, she's plotting her next passive aggressive move.

I want to think that Tim can stand strong to weather the many underhanded moves Jill is sure to make in the months leading up to the wedding, but I wonder if Tim is even fully aware of Jill's shenanigans, having had to deal with her for his entire life - he doesn't know any other way.

Also, do we know what prompted Ellen to join the jeans-wearing community after 14 years?  Good for her - the timing just seems interesting, given that her daughter is about to gain a mother-in-law whose pastimes include shaming any woman who dares to suggest that she has actual legs.

Again, I am projecting, but I want so badly to think that Ellen did this as a lil' "FU" to Jill.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Tim seems easily moldable by his situations and surroundings.  So being away from BME is probably great for him. Maybe if he sees the Coveretts are Christian but nothing like the looney bin he's from, he'll pay attention and want that.

• Like 14

I think Tim has an inkling of what is going on but is happy to be out of the direct crosshairs. 

Typically the bride's family handles the wedding - including the costs. This means the Coverett are doing what is expected. They're following the norm - the 'rules'.

The fact that JillR is bat shit crazy is for once not Tim's problem. I'm sure Plexus leadership rule number one is don't piss off your downline. So while I'm guessing Ellen is no match for Jill's crazy, she has an advantage that trumps everything and keeps everyone mostly safe form Jill's wrath.

• Like 9

This is a woman who basically said Timothy was a problem child. She also said this, “We are so blessed! I have spent many years, on my knees, BEGGING God to bring a godly mate into Timothy’s life. I love Heidi MORE than words can describe! She is such a sweetheart and has a heart to submit to God and Timothy in the ways of the Lord. Hallelujah! She loves our family and we love her! She is a gem indeed!”.

Troubling to say the least.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 12
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is a woman who basically said Timothy was a problem child. She also said this, “We are so blessed! I have spent many years, on my knees, BEGGING God to bring a godly mate into Timothy’s life. I love Heidi MORE than words can describe! She is such a sweetheart and has a heart to submit to God and Timothy in the ways of the Lord. Hallelujah! She loves our family and we love her! She is a gem indeed!”.

Troubling to say the least.

Jill said that early on. Lets hope she made some assumptions about Heidi that aren't true. 🤞🏽

• Like 14
9 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

About the Plexus reset, Kaylee is just posting what Plexus is telling her to post. If she post recipes, it might be recipes provided by Plexus. However, it will be a lot more entertaining if she post her own recipes.

Also, it should not be surprising that Kaylee is as insensitive  and judgemental as her mother. It's all she knows. Jill raised her kids to think exactly like her.

I agree about Kaylee's Plexus posts. I recently dived into some anti-MLM material online, on YT and Reddit. One takeaway is that in this era of social media, MLM huns who want to succeed and make $$, are under big pressure to work the absolute sh*t out of social media. Nonstop posting, direct messaging, mining every acquaintance and friend for all their contacts for incessant "outreach." I think the company provides the text and probably images for many of those posts. 

Jill's thirst to advance in the Plexus biz is obvious. I don't know if Kaylee is anywhere near that ambitious, or if she is just following Mahmo's orders. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 1

Of course it’s Plexus provided crap they put out there. Compare it to other “graphics” we have seen of Jill’s. Lies are still lies, in print or spoken. God is so good to Jill, I guess it doesn’t matter to HER.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Plexus is snake oil, but a MLM snake oil so not only do they rip off consumers they also rip off their employees. Everything is a lie.

It seems to me the better one is at lying, the better one does. No surprise at all that JillR has risen among the ranks.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Jill grifts at many churches and all she managed is like less than 20 people to sign up. 2 are her kids. That is not doing that great lol.

She would make more $ working in target.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 13
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill grifts at many churches and all she managed is like less than 20 people to sign up. 2 are her kids. That is not doing that great lol.

And she would get a discount!

• Like 9
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She has an answer for that:

0241CC40-5367-49ED-AA46-BE33260CA144.jpeg

• LOL 10
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe she gets a discount on her personal purchases based on her downline production? I have no clue how MLMs work. 

Benefits

Commissions on your product sales

Up to 25% off retail pricing

Welcome pack savings and a convenient monthly subscription

Free products through our Plexus Perks Rewards Program

Exclusive product previews and promotions

From https://plexusworldwide.com/experience-plexus/your-opportunities/brand-ambassadors?culture=en-US

• Thanks 4
  • Useful 5
(edited)

At least 3 people on Jill's list are new recruits. Kaylee, Jonathan's SIL and the other person Kaylee has shown. Jonathan's SIL is probably Ellen's new recruit, which seems more likely than her being Kaylee's new recruit.

That's where the money is for Jill. As soon as any of them had the welcome pack delivered and paid for Jill got points.

So in the 7yrs of shilling the miracles of plexus jill, has actually recruited very few people.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10
  • Useful 4

Every "deeply discounted" welcome pack is over a hundred dollars (up into the $200's) and is a prelude to a monthly subscription. How do Jill and her Plexus recruits afford this stuff? 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Was wondering how Kaylee affords all this junk on Jonathan's salary. Even deeply discounted, it's still expensive. They have to be paying off hospital bills. 

Jill doesn't care.  She wants what she wants.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Every "deeply discounted" welcome pack is over a hundred dollars (up into the $200's) and is a prelude to a monthly subscription. How do Jill and her Plexus recruits afford this stuff? 

Jill certainly bought the welcome pack for Kaylee girl and Renee. Renee is a puppet acct, she maybe via jill recruited some sucker Jill had already signed up.

Other than the immediately following zoom thing, Renee is not shilling plexus otherwise Jilly would have to go against her mantra of single folks can't be trusted on sm

Jill fudges how many are in the zoom meetings for "her company". She often copy pastes over the actual pics and has screen shots of at  least 5 duplicate ladies, like Heidi's mom shown twice in the latest meeting.

Seriously the screen grabs Jill does for her "business meetings" are not a ringing endorsement for health by spending on plexus.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

So in the 7yrs of shilling the miracles of plexus jill, has actually recruited very few people.

She's as bad at recruiting for plexus as she is for her God.

• Like 5
  • LOL 13

For those who don't quite understand how MLMs work, there's a great podcast I listened to a few years ago called The Dream. I only listened to the first season, which is maybe 8-10 episodes long. I knew a lot about MLMs beforehand, but that one really added a lot more about the history and background. I highly recommend it. Also, the documentary Betting on Zero is a good way to understand them as well. The Amazon limited series about LuLaRoe is good too.

Anyway, it's no surprise that a lot of the ultra-Christian women get roped into the MLM world. There's a lot of overlap between the more female-centered MLMs and Fundy/Evangelical churches. Their church structure is quite similar: quickly push "the product" (salvation), get invested in it (tithes are required with extra offerings and service to the church), recruit more to join (witnessing), and make sure the members are so entrenched that they fall for the sunk cost fallacy (if I leave this church, I lose my friends and possibly even my place in heaven). 

• Like 16
  • Useful 6