Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If she has to cover that picture she will never survive Punta Cana. 

Neither will Dave his blood pressure will go way up looking at all the ladies 

Wish Jill would post proof that she bought plane tickets and reserved her spot for the DR trip 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made 2 pans of food and 2 garlic breads. For her huge family and 25 guests. 

Maybe there was snacks or something but knowing Jill there was not enough food for everyone.

I don't think the manicotti was for the party. I think it was just for a family meal. She just happened to post them on the same day.

As far as Jill's cooking goes, this is the most appetizing meal she's shared. I do think cheddar cheese on manicotti is weird, but in comparison to what we've seen her cook before, it's the best she's done. the bar with Jill is practically below ground at this point, so it doesn't take much! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The entire post is written from a woe is me perspective. Poor, poor Kaylee sacrificed so much because her baby dared to arrive early.

Most NICU moms are forever grateful for the loving care their babies received by everyone involved.

My heart aches for Gideon, Nemo, Newbie and any future Rod grandchildren born into this self-centered family. May they thrive in spite of the asshole adults around them. 

Unfortunately, Jill learned to be self-centered from her ultra-Christian homeschooling family, she passed it on to her kids, and in another 20-25 her grandchildren will be the same self-centered hypocritical uneducated jerks. Even if 1 or 2 escape, the net number of Rod a$$holes is going to be incredibly high.

7 hours ago, Trillium said:

The certainty did. In Jill’s magazine paper, Kaylee’s “article” included the story of the twins that were in the NICU and they gave the grieving mother a Bible highlight with passages that, paraphrasing here, “God chose your baby to die for REASONS” 

Jill and now her children often tell stories where they think they are the hero, but they just come off as assholes.

I'm not defending what she did, but in their world, believing that their god is in total control does comfort them. It's "I don't know why little Hezekiah got COVID and died, but I know god has a reason, I just have to have faith."
I read an autobiography about an Amish man who quit the Amish life to join a different xtian cult. He recruited a couple of his siblings. One of his young nephews died horribly; at the funeral, his Amish dad defected to join his cult. Their takeaway: god tortured their beloved little boy to death so his grandfather would quit his xtian church to join his parents' xtian church. This horrific tidbit comforted the parents and other family members. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 9
19 minutes ago, all fall down said:

To be fair, she had white cheese too (mozzarella or jack), but yeah, cheddar does not belong on there. 

The cheese part doesn't bother me too much. We have had tacos with mozzarella because I had so much left and wasn't going to waste it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3

Italian here: cheddar cheese on manicotti is vile. It's grated pecorino romano or parmigiano and mozzarella that go on manicotti. Another note by me is: Jill's sauce was way too orange. I wonder which brand jarred sauce she uses? Must be the cheapest one. What is that smeared on the manicotti? At first I thought it might be ricotta cheese... I hope it is.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Italian here: cheddar cheese on manicotti is vile. It's grated pecorino romano or parmigiano and mozzarella that go on manicotti. Another note by me is: Jill's sauce was way too orange. I wonder which brand jarred sauce she uses? Must be the cheapest one. What is that smeared on the manicotti? At first I thought it might be ricotta cheese... I hope it is.

I would never choose to use the cheddar on some kind of pasta bake but I'm willing to let it slide if that is all you have. I think that is one thing I haven't done.

I'm sure it is cheap sauce. Growing up we always had Ragu. Everyone I know had Ragu. Ragu traditional was pretty bad. I haven't used it in years. 

But I get that if you don't have a lot of $$, you get what you can afford. No shame in that. The shame is all the $$ Jill wastes on frivolous junk instead. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 17
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't imagine Jill and her brood are invited to many parties. That's like inviting ants to a picnic. 

Probably bring their own take home containers 

17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The cheese part doesn't bother me too much. We have had tacos with mozzarella because I had so much left and wasn't going to waste it. 

Not gonna lie, that sounds good 

• Like 7
13 hours ago, dariafan said:

Probably bring their own take home containers 

Probably I had a co-worker who used to do that at every time we had a holiday party or potluck. She brought take home containers and take all the leftovers.  She of course never brought any food. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 10

3B9194B9-E060-4451-8346-C4D00DB1AB66.jpeg

Grandma Drake ( Julie Alger-Drake - David's Mom) and Daddy (David) took the children out to eat at Golden Coral as a late Christmas present.  We had a great time!  What a JOY it was to have her here for week over the Christmas holiday.  🎄  We love you, Mom (Grandma).  🥰🩷

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Grandma Drake ( Julie Alger-Drake - David's Mom) and Daddy (David) took the children out to eat at Golden Coral as a late Christmas present.  We had a great time!  What a JOY it was to have her here for week over the Christmas holiday.  🎄  We love you, Mom (Grandma).  🥰🩷

I guess Grandma picked up the bill since the son in laws were both out of town. I doubt Dave did more than drive the van to the restaurant. And why does he have his coat on? Does he think the camouflage hides something? At least the kids got to eat.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Years ago my dad was diagnosed with glioblastoma and I admit before he died, I was praying for his death. Not because I wanted him to die, but because the dad I knew was no longer there.  He never met a stranger - he could talk to anybody, but one thing the tumor did was take away his ability to talk.  I remember talking to a friend and she told me it was a loving prayer.  

But if anyone else told me that God chose my dad (who had lived a long life) to die for reasons, there would have been hell to pay.  I cannot imagine telling another mother that her baby died because of God (or however Kaylee phrased it) while my own child was there fighting for his life.  But then again David and Jill did not raise their kids with any compassion, so their kids don't have that towards other people.

My dad passed from that. He went so fast. I understand how you feel. 

3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Probably I had a co-worker who used to do that at every time we had a holiday party or potluck. She brought take home containers and take all the leftovers.  She of course never brought any food. 

My workplace would provide a catered holiday meal. One coworker would take home whole pans of food! 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Hugs 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And Jill is in a new ensemble. I've never seen the pink cowl neck before. 

I always wonder what the weather is when I see Rodrigues group photos. Their version of every season is represented at once.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 15
On 12/28/2023 at 10:10 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Sleeping on the hospital floor?  And then probably holding the baby?  I know what is on hospital floors, and, believe me, you don't to touch them.  My hospital shoes never came into my house when I came home (my night job).  They stayed in the garage.  I just can't imagine walking barefoot or actually sleeping on the hospital floor. These folks have no common sense, at all.

When Jill Dillard was in the hospital after the birth of one of her kids (I think it was the second one), they posted several pictures of her husband Derick walking around the hospital barefoot. 

You see these young Fundie adults with no eduction, no common sense, no manners, no ability to function in the outside world and ypu realize that this is the generation who were born and raised to be an army for Jesus and reclaim the Untied States as a "Christian" nation. Let us know how that works out for you, kids.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yet none of the kids have plates??

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Yet none of the kids have plates??

I think this is at the end when they were almost ready  to leave.  The guys have ice cream cups in front of them.  The younger girls have empty plates in front of them.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 12/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, mythoughtis said:

This ‘helpful’ comment gets made by many many more people than the Jills of the world.   ‘ G*d had his reasons, he’s in a better place’.   People think they are good Christians when they say these things… but I can tell you that comments like this are extremely hurtful to the bereaved.  Especially those that do not believe that G*d rips loved ones out of your life on purpose for some vague reason. 

I hate it when people do that. And, yes, it’s not just in fundie world. Some people find it comforting somehow. But in my experience, it’s usually people who aren’t really thinking through the theology. (Fundies are trained not to think, so…)

I’ve heard more than one sermon (mainstream, progressive Protestant) about “things Christians need to stop saying” and this sort of bilge is always on the list. It’s not helpful and doesn’t line up with the nature of the God we believe in. In fact, it does God a disservice.

But it’s this sort of thing that can drive people away from the church. My husband’s father died suddenly and tragically and he still talks about the incredibly insensitive things well-meaning people said. If he didn’t love playing the organ (he’s part time musician at a church as a hobby/side hustle), he would have quit going all together.

And cheddar on anything Italian sounds like it should be a crime of some sort.

• Like 16
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did Phillip's bible school send the right student back to the barndo for Christmas? I would never have recognized Phil without the rest of the Rods there. How does Jill not see the change and worry what people think of her and David's parenting? 

Edited by BradandJanet
missing word
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My dad passed from that. He went so fast. I understand how you feel. 

My workplace would provide a catered holiday meal. One coworker would take home whole pans of food! 

Is your coworker Jill Rod? She would totally do that to.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Phillip's bible school send the right student back to the barndo for Christmas? I would never have recognized Phil without the rest of the Rods there. How does Jill not see the change and worry what people of her and David's parenting? 

Well he was the only white boy so....

But I totally misread Jill's post of Grandma and daddy took them to Golden Corral. I thought Daddy was grandma's boyfriend or something and completely skimmed over the guy next to Sammer man as being the boyfriend. Never for a second did i consider it was Phillip. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Well he was the only white boy so....

But I totally misread Jill's post of Grandma and daddy took them to Golden Corral. I thought Daddy was grandma's boyfriend or something and completely skimmed over the guy next to Sammer man as being the boyfriend. Never for a second did i consider it was Phillip. 🤣

That goes back to my post comparing him before Bible college and now. He doesn't look like the same person. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Clarity
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

34682D3C-A9BB-47D9-A806-FF229A9E20EE.jpeg

5AA8917B-BEDC-434D-B2A1-E239BE31D447.jpeg

From reddit 

I think this is what pisses me off the most about Jill and the deadbeat. They proclaim their sons will need to be self employed, support a wife and whatever children god provides and then give them no education or resources to achieve that.

A tool box will be useful to him since he seems to have given up the aviation ministry dream, owns a house and is maybe back in the handyman business.  Gifts from mama and daddy have been things like tacky wall art, dress shoes, tshirts, man bag bible holder and other cheap crap. Ok gifts if you don't have money, but mama is always spending money on herself and her trips.

In the christmas decorating video jill mentioned "sweet Timothy" had been there and loaded or emptied the dishwashers because he was so sweet, but then he had to go to work. Was late in the day, in dec so it would seem he is working somewhere besides his handyman/gutter cleaning business.

• Like 17
  • Useful 3

I'd like to believe Jill wrote that nasty diatribe from Kaylee, but sadly, I may be wrong.  It does have a lot of Jill's style like random capitals, silly emojis, and random commas.  I certainly hope Kaylee didn't tell the mother who lost her baby that at least she had a spare, so that was OK.  That's stunningly insensitive.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
52 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Gifts from mama and daddy have been things like tacky wall art, dress shoes, tshirts, man bag bible holder and other cheap crap. Ok gifts if you don't have money, but mama is always spending money on herself and her trips.

In the christmas decorating video jill mentioned "sweet Timothy" had been there and loaded or emptied the dishwashers because he was so sweet, but then he had to go to work. Was late in the day, in dec so it would seem he is working somewhere besides his handyman/gutter cleaning business.

Crappy gifts he doesn't need. As a homeowner a toolbox will be a good thing to have. There is more thought in those gifts than from his own parents. He looks very happy. 

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That goes back to my post comparing him before Bible college and now. He doesn't look like the same person. 

Just proves those kids aren't just naturally thin.... no Jill, they aren't eating enough food! And enough healthy food! 

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Is your coworker Jill Rod? She would totally do that to.

lol! She isn't and she isn't poor. Every holiday she would take a tray or bring containers. Finally TPTB said you can't take home food. Leftovers are for staff to enjoy. ITs fine if you want to take home the piece of pie you couldn't eat, but a tray of potatoes? 

• Like 15

Someone posted the following on Ellen Coverett's instagram page after she posted Christmas pictures: I have to say that Timmy is looking so happy and starting to look healthier since he’s been with Heidi and your family.

We apparently aren't the only ones who see the difference in Tim. Unless that comment was from one of us! Ellen answered diplomatically, btw.

• Like 16
  • Useful 8
54 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Crappy gifts he doesn't need. As a homeowner a toolbox will be a good thing to have. There is more thought in those gifts than from his own parents. He looks very happy. 

Just proves those kids aren't just naturally thin.... no Jill, they aren't eating enough food! And enough healthy food! 

lol! She isn't and she isn't poor. Every holiday she would take a tray or bring containers. Finally TPTB said you can't take home food. Leftovers are for staff to enjoy. ITs fine if you want to take home the piece of pie you couldn't eat, but a tray of potatoes? 

For years our school board would send out for dinner every month before board meetings.  One board member was responsible for ordering the food.  She would order double the amount needed and take the "left overs" home. She did this for a long time. Someone finally complained, and they either stopped having dinner before meetings or had the members pay.  It's been a while, so I don't know what they do now.

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Someone posted the following on Ellen Coverett's instagram page after she posted Christmas pictures: I have to say that Timmy is looking so happy and starting to look healthier since he’s been with Heidi and your family.

We apparently aren't the only ones who see the difference in Tim. Unless that comment was from one of us! Ellen answered diplomatically, btw.

Ellen has Jill's number, for sure. I love it. I hope the Coveretts keep guiding Tim so he doesn't feel he has to father a dozen kids that he can't afford to feed. 

• Like 17

Those tool boxes were not cheap. Good on Heidi’s family for treating Timmay like part of the family for real!  This has to be the best Christmas he ever had. Real, thoughtful gifts; plenty of food; and genuinely happy people to spend the day with. Not to mention not having to perform for Mahmo and her torture camera.  And Heidi in pajama pants…I hope Tim doesn’t throw around that “headship” BS and that Heidi continues to wear whatever the hell she wants.    
on the topic of the Golden Corral Christmas dinner gift—dinner out with family is just that…dinner out. It’s not a gift.  And grandma doesn’t really look too thrilled to be there.  I  think her visits are very few and far between.  

• Like 23

1CCFC6D4-3453-449E-857B-08066EF3CFDC.jpeg

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Is that it?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Phillip's bible school send the right student back to the barndo for Christmas? I would never have recognized Phil without the rest of the Rods there. How does Jill not see the change and worry what people think of her and David's parenting? 

He’s still wound up tightly, though.  Look at how clenched his left hand is!  I’ve seen him do that before.

• Useful 6