Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Absolom said:

It totally depends on which passport office services your area.  My daughter in Los Angeles county got the updated ones in less than a month.  She was allowing six months so was shocked.  

eta:  Their website says routine is down to 7 to 10 weeks and expedited is 3 to 5.   If you happen to be able to drop it off at the processing center it seems to go faster.  Daughter was doing children so had to go in anyway.  

I'm not 100% sure which location they would go to.  They live about 20 minutes from my mom in a tiny town no one heard of.  Like I say to people I meet, "we's from the sticks".  The last time she spoke to my mom about it, the time was at 10-16 weeks  Thankfully, these people are on top of things, unlike our Jilly Bean.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Absolom said:

It totally depends on which passport office services your area.  My daughter in Los Angeles county got the updated ones in less than a month.  She was allowing six months so was shocked.  

eta:  Their website says routine is down to 7 to 10 weeks and expedited is 3 to 5.   If you happen to be able to drop it off at the processing center it seems to go faster.  Daughter was doing children so had to go in anyway.  

I can't see Jill going thru all this trouble for her passport. Maybe, just maybe she will apply for it and then be shocked when she doesn't get it in time. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I can't see Jill going thru all this trouble for her passport. Maybe, just maybe she will apply for it and then be shocked when she doesn't get it in time. 

Satan moved from green bean cans to the passport office!

• LOL 21

Jill won't even apply for the passport.   You have to pay the fee up front.   She won't spend money on something she can't show off like her 10 billion tchotkes.    Plus the airfare cuts into her grift money for other vacations.   If she goes to Punta Cana she really be able to afford only one vacation a year.   Jilly can't have that.

(When Hubby and I renewed our passports, we went to the post office.   Got them back in a month which surprised us, we didn't really need them for an upcoming trip along the Great Lakes but by getting them in time we had the option then of being able to go to Canada if we wanted).   

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Jill won't even apply for the passport.   You have to pay the fee up front.   She won't spend money on something she can't show off like her 10 billion tchotkes.    Plus the airfare cuts into her grift money for other vacations.   If she goes to Punta Cana she really be able to afford only one vacation a year.  

It seems strange to me that she tries so hard to level up with Plexus to be able to get on the trip list, but has no intentions of ever going.  I suppose it's enough for her to cut and paste herself into the brochures to let everyone know that she COULD go if she wanted to.  Between the out of pocket cost, worrying about socializing with people she deems beneath her or wondering if Dave is looking at the awful women in bathing suits, why even try to get on the list in the first place?

• Like 10

Jill's post today - highlighting mine.

"Plexus has taken me on a journey I NEVER thought was possible as a busy stay at home wife and mother to 13 children! It has been such a HUGE blessing in our lives! My health is thriving and I am honored to help HUNDREDS of others have the same! My business is growing and our goal is financial freedom so that we can pull out ALL stops to grow our Printing Ministry to spread more of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ!

For over seven years, I have never given up! I keep telling. Keep helping others. God is blessing those efforts. I am humbled and my heart is filled to overflowing! My team and customers are some of my BEST friends and I enjoy pouring into them on a daily basis!

Let me just say, that down through the years, my Plexus "table" has grown larger and larger.....BUT, there is still room for YOU to pull up a chair and join me!

I give God the Glory for His many blessings!"

Jill has mentioned they have considered giving up the grift tours. I suspect she sees the end is near for sympathy donations when the rods show up with many "adult children' who should be working, or they have just the 6 girls left.

So Jill has figured out a different way to grift off her children by putting them in her downline. Map watching dave and bme just need to pay of that mortgage and then plexus money and draining the SILs for trips and meals would probably be enough for the grifters. If more smiley trash was needed, they would already be doing that. They have no way to "expand the print shop ministry" once the free labor is married off.

Renee will need a courtship soon, this one to a guy who will allow renee to shill pink on sm.

Heidi will surely join in under her mom, renee or kaylee girl.

• Sad 9
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has mentioned they have considered giving up the grift tours. I suspect she sees the end is near for sympathy donations when the rods show up with many "adult children' who should be working, or they have just the 6 girls left.

Also the rv is on its last legs and no one seems to be willing to give them a new one.   She knows their ability to take the whole family along to look sad and pathetic is limited then.

55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

t seems strange to me that she tries so hard to level up with Plexus to be able to get on the trip list, but has no intentions of ever going.  I suppose it's enough for her to cut and paste herself into the brochures to let everyone know that she COULD go if she wanted to.

Prestige -- look what I qualified for -- and you can too if you sell this crap.   Also she can feel superior to those who didn't get to go, without having to actually spend any money.   Feeling superior is Jill's reason for being.

• Like 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E9A77915-40CB-4A1B-A7AD-E82C678F6713.jpeg

23B96A95-5AA8-4F62-8DE0-87443310A061.jpeg

it is a bit sad that only nehemiah and the little girl seem to care newman is wailing. The little girl looking at him and having her hand on his shoulder is  sweet.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

it is a bit sad that only nehemiah and the little girl seem to care newman is wailing. The little girl looking at him and having her hand on his shoulder is  sweet.

that tells me a lot how she is treated at home, with kindness. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, sixlets said:

I'm not 100% sure which location they would go to.  They live about 20 minutes from my mom in a tiny town no one heard of.  Like I say to people I meet, "we's from the sticks".  The last time she spoke to my mom about it, the time was at 10-16 weeks  Thankfully, these people are on top of things, unlike our Jilly Bean.

What town do they live in? I think I may have made a pit stop near them at Thanksgiving!

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And then claim persecution!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

what is interesting to me is that Jill insulated and isolated her children as per the religious rules she follows...so as not to "taint" her children with the world.  Yet once she realized she needed more downline for plexus...she throws them to the wolves ..they get social media now FOR JILL...before it was evil and BE AFRAID...now its put your address and phone number up and invite strangers into your life so I can increase my business...sheesh...envy and greed are the backbone of network marketing and Jill has sent her little girl wolves right into the thick of it...and someone did tell Kaylee to take down her address...

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E9A77915-40CB-4A1B-A7AD-E82C678F6713.jpeg

23B96A95-5AA8-4F62-8DE0-87443310A061.jpeg

“Great grandchildren” is capitalized while “grandchild” is not???🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jill won't even apply for the passport.   You have to pay the fee up front.   She won't spend money on something she can't show off like her 10 billion tchotkes.    Plus the airfare cuts into her grift money for other vacations.   If she goes to Punta Cana she really be able to afford only one vacation a year.   Jilly can't have that.

(When Hubby and I renewed our passports, we went to the post office.   Got them back in a month which surprised us, we didn't really need them for an upcoming trip along the Great Lakes but by getting them in time we had the option then of being able to go to Canada if we wanted).   

I got my last passport (about 5 years ago) at the public library, and it also only took a few weeks to arrive. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

There is a difference if you’re renewing an existing passport vs getting your FIRST passport. 

When I tried to get my first passport (many years ago, lol),  I went to the post office, had my photo taken, and completed the application as required. This was months before I graduated from college and had a post-graduation trip to Europe planned. As the time for the trip neared, I still hadn’t received my passport. Turns out it had somehow gotten lost in the system. I panicked, of course, but my dad was able to find out where I could go (pre internet )to get an expedited one so I could go on my trip. Thank goodness! 

ETA - then, it turned out that the travel agency in Paris had issued me a round trip ticket, but the return date was BEFORE the departure date, and I didn’t notice it until about a week before I was to leave. Dad to the rescue, again. I miss him. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

There is a difference if you’re renewing an existing passport vs getting your FIRST passport. 

Some people like my mother can get their first passport in less than 6 weeks.  I also remember my little brother getting his in like a month, ditto for my sister, but that was a decade ago.  Some people get lucky and have their passport processed swiftly.  I credit the speed at which my family has gotten our passports to my dad's work in telecommunications where he was vetted by the secret service when a sitting president came to town.  I know we all have FBI files from that day.  I may not have evidence to support this, but I do believe the more information the federal government has on you the quicker your passport and other documents get processed.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

With all the good reasons Jill and Hunk will never see the beaches of Punta Cana, we should never underestimate the Queen of Grift. She and Hunk might somehow pull off this trip. Jill has surprised me more than once with her ability to squeeze money out of people, sort of like getting toothpaste from a tube that looks like somebody stepped on it. Maybe her working kids and her working brothers-in-law can come up with the funds. After all, poor Mama has had a horrible fall and is weary to the bone. 

Personally, I hope she fibs all the way to a last-minute excuse for staying home. She has no problem with lying her way out of embarrassing situations. 

• Like 17
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

With all the good reasons Jill and Hunk will never see the beaches of Punta Cana, we should never underestimate the Queen of Grift. She and Hunk might somehow pull off this trip. Jill has surprised me more than once with her ability to squeeze money out of people, sort of like getting toothpaste from a tube that looks like somebody stepped on it. Maybe her working kids and her working brothers-in-law can come up with the funds. After all, poor Mama has had a horrible fall and is weary to the bone. 

Personally, I hope she fibs all the way to a last-minute excuse for staying home. She has no problem with lying her way out of embarrassing situations. 

She already lied her way out of the cruise. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I think if this was a retreat such as the Nashville one, she would be there in a heartbeat, but that passport thing feels like it will trip her up somehow. And then how would it work with Hunk? If he goes he needs one. If he doesn't go would she have a room mate? And I don't recall is there a fee for the resort? I know it is all inclusive but this is plexus. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I think if this was a retreat such as the Nashville one, she would be there in a heartbeat, but that passport thing feels like it will trip her up somehow. And then how would it work with Hunk? If he goes he needs one. If he doesn't go would she have a room mate? And I don't recall is there a fee for the resort? I know it is all inclusive but this is plexus. 

Hunk went to Africa with Nurie, so he has a passport.  Jill may also have gotten her passport just in case anyone were to spring for the Rods to take the roadshow to another country.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She already lied her way out of the cruise. 

It is fun watching her squirm and obfuscate, though. 

9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Has she ever even traveled outside the US? She seems very xenophobic, imo. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

It is fun watching her squirm and obfuscate, though. 

Has she ever even traveled outside the US? She seems very xenophobic, imo. 

She's from Rochester, so I bet she went to Canada a lot when she was younger, before passports were required. 

Other than that, I can't ever recall her talking about out of country trips. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

She said that there are 2 more great-grandchildren on the way.  Who’s pregnant other than Nurie??

The "These wonderful men are each one of our husbands" caption sounds like she's in some kind of polygamous situation/ plural marriage...

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

She said that there are 2 more great-grandchildren on the way.  Who’s pregnant other than Nurie??

One of the other sister's kids (not a Rod).

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

When has Jill EVER helped anyone? Grudgingly taking one person to the hospital, deigning to help this person who was clearly not the church royalty Jill believes herself to be, does not count.

I don't believe I have ever heard a person brag about how great they are and how much they "help" others as Jill does.  It is rather disturbing.  Her perspective is way off, in my opinion.

• Like 11
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't believe I have ever heard a person brag about how great they are and how much they "help" others as Jill does.  It is rather disturbing.  Her perspective is way off, in my opinion.

She helps people by grifting half a cow, $, clothes and buying her CDs/magazine, plexus. Girl is a scammer 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She helps people by grifting half a cow, $, clothes and buying her CDs/magazine, plexus. Girl is a scammer 24/7.

That's Jill helping Jill. 

She believes that she's helping people by selling them that pink crap. Anything that benefits Jill. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Sadly, I don't think she sees her actions as a scam.  I think she truly thinks she is following the Bible, and that makes her "special" in her eyes.  If her reading and understanding skills are as poor as her writing and "graphic designing", it is possible that she is incapable of understanding the point of what she is reading. Somehow judging others has become her "job", and she is above all.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
33 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Same as the guy bragging about all the sex he's getting or how big his 'truck' is. Or the couple bragging about their perfect marriage. Or the person bragging about their income.

The more its talked up, the less likely its true. 🤥

• Like 18
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Hunk went to Africa with Nurie, so he has a passport.  Jill may also have gotten her passport just in case anyone were to spring for the Rods to take the roadshow to another country.

I forgot about that! Unless, he let it expire, he has one. She just might too. So maybe she will go. Oh those poor Dominicans. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, LilJen said:

When has Jill EVER helped anyone? Grudgingly taking one person to the hospital, deigning to help this person who was clearly not the church royalty Jill believes herself to be, does not count.

I kinda remember that story. Jill posted it as if she was such a good person for helping, but she came off as a huge asshole. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

More posing at busineses like its their own house.    These people really are incredibly self-centered.

Also who gave them the Cabela's gift card because no way they are shopping there on their own dime (it ain't cheap).

• Like 17
18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

One video at Cabelas had all the children, even the adult ones, blowing her a kiss. WTH??

I adored my mom but I don't think I ever blew her a kiss. I honestly don't think I ever blew a kiss at anyone unless it was a baby or a small child. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

As always, I wonder at the other shoppers walking by and witnessing these kids posing for pictures and being directed by a shrieking blond woman.

"Now blow mommy a kiss!!  Everyone!  LOOK AT MOMMY!  One, two, three...BLOW!!!"

Leaving the two youngest in the shopping cart was a choice.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • LOL 11