Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It seems to me, in Fundyland the sons stick around the area of their parents and the daughters might be the ones to move away. Although Tim is sticking around he switched his alliance from Jill to Heidi and her family in no time at all.

IIRC, besides the FF's short stint in the DC area, only Justin Duggar and a newly married (big hair) Bates son have moved away.

The saying, a daughter is a daughter all of your life; a son is a son until he takes a wife, doesn't seem to apply to the umbrellaed Fundies.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems to me, in Fundyland the sons stick around the area of their parents and the daughters might be the ones to move away. Although Tim is sticking around he switched his alliance from Jill to Heidi and her family in no time at all.

IIRC, besides the FF's short stint in the DC area, only Justin Duggar and a newly married (big hair) Bates son have moved away.

The saying, a daughter is a daughter all of your life; a son is a son until he takes a wife, doesn't seem to apply to the umbrellaed Fundies.

Haha love the big hair Bates boy. Don’t Nathan Bates and Esther live in Arkansas near the Duggars? Not where Esther is from but it’s not Rocky Top either. Or are they still road tripping in their RV? 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it’s whichever set of parents can exert the most control. Jill seems to have steamrolled right over Nathan and Jonathan’s parents.  Not that the Kellers seem to want much to do with  their married offspring.  They practice Michelle’s leave and  cleave comment. 

Renee’s MM either has firmer  parents or he was made of stronger backbone himself.  Same with Heidi. 

What Jill doesn’t understand is 1) that a man caught between his parents and his wife should side with the wife especially when she’s in the right. And 2) all the bad MIL jokes are about people like her.

I learned from my experience as a wife how not to behave as a MIL.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And poor Jonathan.

• Like 7
On 11/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, oliviabenson said:

Jill can’t cook at all. Who boils radishes? Make a fresh salad with them. 

My mouth literally dropped open when she said that!  I was like, are you kidding me?!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
On 11/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, crazy8s said:

She has these few ugly radishes and shows 2 very large pans of cornbread in the oven and proclaims "we are going to have a yummy dinner". No other food shown or mentioned.

Also interesting is Janessa is shown on the counter wearing the same outfit she had on when Jill and hunky took her with for mama's classy birthday dinner. (blue shirt, striped skirt and the pj pants)

I think the yummy corn bread and radishes was the meal for the unfortunate 8 rods left at home.

I think you’re exactly right. 🙁

• Sad 9
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

hope so. He'll get more than a half of a sliver of burnt ham and a roll with margarine for dinner.

No wonder he enjoys spending time with Heidi and her family -- he is discovering what real food tastes like.   I also bet his future MIL is the type to pile his plate up because "he's a growing boy."   

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jonathan was mentioned all the time about how "blessed" she was to have him for a future son in law.   Heidi doesn't give in to Jill's crazy.    I'm sure if asked Jill would spew some bs about how "she's not family until they are married" hoping that we don't know the aforementioned situation with Jonathan.   

As a woman, Heidi can't pay for any "treats" for Jill.  Jill will only ever be interested in her sons-in-law and what they can give her.  Daughters-in-law will only be blamed for taking her sons away.  I sure wouldn't want to marry into this family (cult).

• Like 22
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Yes, Jill's faith in the Lord she claims to serve, pales in comparison to her faith in herself. She is definitely the main character and everyone needs to realize it. Her word is law!

It is sort of mind boggling all the times God....um ..mama... gets things wrong. They prayed over Timothy going to Moody, they met with the Dean, they found a like minded church for him and it was perfect. God and prayer led them to this. God was Good.

Repeat with Timothy at Fox Valley. God ....um mama again found the perfect place and it went wrong. (because mama)

Phillip visits Massillon Bible College, mama and daddy again meet with the Dean. Mama proclaims God provided the perfect place  Phillip can live at home etc and again NOPE.

Next place for Phillip is free, gets him out of the barndo and allows mama to grift, so God/mama again deems God is Good. We shall see how that works out.

They prayed over Renee's courting partner, met his like minded family and again God was SO good it was a perfect match. Sweet servant Renee and the most diligent guy ever born.

They prayed about home schooling and then found cheaters. The RV breaks down fairly often. Is their God not powerful enough or won't bless them enough to stop a water pump from falling out??

I think these are all examples of when Jill reverts to the Spiritual Warfare rants. When Mama/God's plans don't pan out as mama planned.😂

• Like 8
  • Applause 13

I think signing Renee up to sell Plexus was just a way for Jill to get some sort of advancement. Jill probably pushes some sales to her to make it look legit while Renee does all the grunt work for Jill’s “business”.

• Like 17
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

(And Kaylee) is close. She was the one who wanted to live on a farm, wasn't she? Look how that turned out.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I think signing Renee up to sell Plexus was just a way for Jill to get some sort of advancement. Jill probably pushes some sales to her to make it look legit while Renee does all the grunt work for Jill’s “business”.

If Jill had been smart, she would have signed Kaylee up as her downline. Kaylee attends a different church, so there is the possibility for actual sales there. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, beckie said:

(And Kaylee) is close. She was the one who wanted to live on a farm, wasn't she? Look how that turned out.

And Jonathan DID live on a farm before Jill made him move to Ohio😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
On 11/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, crazy8s said:

The last of the Rodrigues garden bounty. I had to turn the sound on because I had no idea what these were. Radishes would not have been my guess.

jill "look how big this one is"

jill - "these are so beautiful"

she is cutting them up to boil them like potatoes, then adding butter.

Screenshot (523).png

Oh my dog...I first looked at this picture without my glasses , and thought OMG someone posted a picture of hairy testicles! 😳  😆 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 19

The women who can't even put her damn phone down during a sermon or any church service wishes to tell us about screen time limits.

Not only is she constantly filming and posting, but often you can see Renee, Tessie and Hannah filming the same thing. I think it was the video of Nemo and Janessa riding the pony at Meijer and you can hear Nurie saying in the background how ridiculous it is to have 4 people taking video of 2 kids on a ride.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

The women who can't even put her damn phone down during a sermon or any church service wishes to tell us about screen time limits.

Not only is she constantly filming and posting, but often you can see Renee, Tessie and Hannah filming the same thing. I think it was the video of Nemo and Janessa riding the pony at Meijer and you can hear Nurie saying in the background how ridiculous it is to have 4 people taking video of 2 kids on a ride.

But she's all doing it for Jesus. You guys have to understand how she sacrifices herself to save all of us.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 21
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Next place for Phillip is free, gets him out of the barndo and allows mama to grift, so God/mama again deems God is Good. We shall see how that works out.

I missed this.   I know Philip moved into an apartment, but I thought he was continuing at Masillon.   Where is he going now?   

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I missed this.   I know Philip moved into an apartment, but I thought he was continuing at Masillon.   Where is he going now?   

He's living in a dorm at his new "school." I say this because it appears all they do is attend sermons by pastor Myron and sing at local functions. Massillon looks like Harvard by comparison.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Phillip is now attending Marietta Bible college. Jill totally glossed over the fact that he changed schools and did a post that celebrated getting him settled in his Jillified dorm room on campus. Including a pic of mama and phillip in a heart shaped photo.

The Rod family has performed at the church/college at least twice. Once for the church's 70th anniversary and then just a few weeks ago they were there again.

The students appear to be Phillip and the rest International students who pay no tuition and are sponsored by the church.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
18 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Oh my dog...I first looked at this picture without my glasses , and thought OMG someone posted a picture of hairy testicles! 😳  😆 

Mahmo! Take a picture of me and my hairy testicles just sitting here!

• LOL 14
On 11/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, farmgal4 said:

My mouth literally dropped open when she said that!  I was like, are you kidding me?!

The talk of boiling radishes brought up a vague memory of seeing a recipe for cooked radishes. I checked and yes there are recipes for cooked radishes.  Some of the recipes were roasted and one was sautéed. They said radishes were good cooked that the bitter taste was not as strong. I saw no recipes for boiled radishes but I did not look any further. Would I try roasted radishes..yes I would probably would be good with potatoes. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's living in a dorm at his new "school." I say this because it appears all they do is attend sermons by pastor Myron and sing at local functions. Massillon looks like Harvard by comparison.

Marietta is about a 2 hour drive from the barndo, so Philip can't commute.  As I recall, he has a corner of a dorm room that he shares with 4 other people.  Being raised by Jill has him used to sharing tight quarters, so he probably thinks its spacious.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5

Cream of the crop? Ahem you mean the bottom of the  barrel… 

gee I wonder why no one snatched davey in 6 years… while Jill turned 18. 

jill dear enjoy your wonderful davey no one else wants him. He is lazy and unmotivated and doesn’t want to work. 

• Like 16

Right on the page for Phillip's Bible school - not accredited by the Department of Education or the State of Ohio.    Great education there.   Although considering the "education" he got from Jill, he fits right in.  

It's mission is to train people to go to minister in areas where there are no bible based religions.    Okay then.   Guess Hungary is out.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2