Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2023 at 7:34 AM, beckie said:

Saw in a fb group, that Jill posted that SHE will no longer be posting updates about Tim and Heidi. Since they have fb pages, they will be doing it themselves,  THEN she will mention it. The reason she gave was so that she's not accused of playing favorites and that it will be less "work" for her.

Yah right. I wonder who put their foot down about the massive oversharing she does.

Ahem...that was "playing favoritism"

Another day, another Jillism

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

I sadly watched Sammers attempt to spit out some coherent sentences during his "picnic preaching" video."  He clearly does not have an affinity for public speaking.  He reminded me of when we, as kids, were forced to get up on front of the class and give an oral report...lots and lots of "umm" and "errr" and stumbling over our words, occasionally managing to produce something lucid but mostly wanting to GTFO and go back to our desks.

Same with the Rodlets' concerts.  Some of the kids have actual talent, and it takes intelligence to master one instrument, let alone two or three.  But that does NOT mean they WANT to get up there.  At one point in one video, Hannah and Tessie were next to each other and one of them brought up their instrument early, by mistake.  The two girls looked at each other not with amusement, like "ha, you goofed!" but with almost a wide-eyed look of "oh, crap.  We goofed and Mahmo is in the front row."  I get the feeling that most of them would rather be doing anything but what they're doing, and also that they have literally zero say in any of it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7
  • Sad 19
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill babbles, Olivia smiles and giggles. If you’re so inclined, watching this is the perfect example of Jill’s control, and a child’s fear, in my opinion of course.

screenshots from a video:

B2B80688-47A6-47C0-ABAE-D1D918D3FE19.jpeg

CBF02320-C4DB-4B0B-A0E9-3347393016CC.jpeg

I forced myself to watch the videos.  David seems much more natural with Olivia than Mahmo.  She always has to be on where David helped Olivia open and unpack the grift, I mean gift.  Jill had to narrate everything complete with tears.  Not that I’m praising the map watcher but I can’t imagine living either with Jill’s manic energy or her sickening sweet baby voice all day long.  And always reminding those kids that everything they do is not for themselves but for God.  I don’t have an issue with people having religion as long as they don’t use it to harm others, or shove it in my face, but can the kids not do anything just for their own enjoyment?  Sadly, I know the answer to that one.

• Like 24
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I looked it up...retail on the cheapest new one that I saw is $599.  Who in their right mind with that kind of dough do these people know?  Who says grifting doesn't pay?  DGIH.  Appalling!

Keep in mind that it's not full sized. It may be cheaper than that. 

• Useful 3
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe, but I searched for GS mini, specifically.  A lot of celebrities play full size Taylor guitars, and they are even more expensive.

Regardless, that is still an expensive gift to give Jill & co.  JMO, of course.

In total agreement. But better to give an actual instrument rather than cash that could be squandered on clothes or another romantic getaway. 🙄

• Like 11

I don't know how she gets people to give them instruments, but a couple with a lake house in minnesota used to let them park the rv at their house and "gave Gabriel his much wanted banjo". I wonder why the guitar is a gift to the family, but Gabe's banjo was a gift to him.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't know how she gets people to give them instruments, but a couple with a lake house in minnesota used to let them park the rv at their house and "gave Gabriel his much wanted banjo". I wonder why the guitar is a gift to the family, but Gabe's banjo was a gift to him.

Because Gabriel is a male? 🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

A comment on the guitar post:

”I seriously cried. She's so awestruck in excitement and blown away that she's speechless practically. God is so good .bless you guys. Love you all.”

I just can’t with people like this.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 7
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Because Gabriel is a male? 🙄

That's quite possible.

Or perhaps Jill has become a little more savvy over time, about keeping control over all aspects of her kids' lives. Including their possessions - anything valuable must belong to "the family" and thus be in Mahmo's control. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
On 9/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, oliviabenson said:

Jill made Nuri sing like 2 weeks after she had her baby. AndKaylee is getting the same treatment, perform for $ for mommy dearest. Jill is never leaving her alone or letting her live her life. AndKaylee and her offspring will be Jill’s trained seals begging for $…

Jonathan grow a pair and tell Jill to leave the Hill family alone.

Not only was Nurie made to go “on stage” minutes after giving birth, but remember how Jill told the whole church that she had painful stitches in her perineum?

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 12
1 minute ago, louannems said:

Not only was Nurie made to go “on stage” minutes after giving birth, but remember how Jill told the whole church that she had painful stitches in her perineum?

I also remember them parading around in matching wheelchairs while on a sightseeing and boat tour. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

The Rodrigues kids own almost nothing until they buy their own home. We saw how all Phillip's personal possessions fit into a half or a quarter of a dorm room and that includes the furniture and most of the decorations that BME will want back when he leaves school. 

The girls don't really own any clothes; they just wear what fits at the moment. The Build-a-Bear birthday bears end up on BME's closet shelf. 

This reminds me of the story Jana Duggar told about how Jessa was tormenting her by kicking the top bunk while Jana was trying to sleep. Michelle's solution was to make Jana give her single special possession, a musical jewelry box, to Jessa. I guess Jana needed to learn not to get the princess in trouble. 

Jill will repossess "Olivia's" guitar when she is too old to be cute on the singing circuit and one of Kaylee's kids steps in. 

It's all about power and control. Many of these damaged kids will grow up to be as mean as their parents. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

When Jill was stroking that guitar, it gave me the creeps. Yasss it severely did. 

That’s why I think that guitar will be soon gone from Olivia , actually no way Olivia would be allowed to even play it. 

The guitar is Jill’s precious possession now. Anything new and shiny goes to Mahmo. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I haven’t watched (Kaylee’s baby video)

https://www.facebook.com/100006850878192/posts/3472623639642631/

I looked through it very quickly. It's mostly recycled pictures from Jill's previous posts. There's a lot of Jill in that video, of course, some of the baby, pictures of the Rodlets, and shots of the hospital, especially the robot coffeemaker, which gets as much camera time as little Gideon.  

There may be audio, but I didn't turn it on because Jill's high-pitched voice is like nails on a chalkboard. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I looked through it very quickly. It's mostly recycled pictures from Jill's previous posts. There's a lot of Jill in that video, of course, some of the baby, pictures of the Rodlets, and shots of the hospital, especially the robot coffeemaker, which gets as much camera time as little Gideon.  

There may be audio, but I didn't turn it on because Jill's high-pitched voice is like nails on a chalkboard. 

Thank you. You did the Lord Daniel's work there, and saved us the suffering.

• LOL 14

I do have a life (or at least I like to think so), and other things to think about than the dark mess that is JillR's psyche. But I can't help it. I believe the "Premature baby!" video is a move in reaction to Tim and Heidi's establishing their own social media accounts and telling Mahmo to STFU when it comes to announcing their news to the world. 

The video flexes her role as the source of all things Rodrigues family on social media, a social media influencer following the correct Jesus, and all the rest of whatever legend she is in her own mind. (Well, she's the source of everything about the Rods, except for those ingrate upstarts T & H. Heh.)

As @oliviabenson said, the kid's gonna be known as "premature" by his grandma forever. Though because he spent that much time in the NICU she really doesn't need to defend her daughter's Christian pure-before-marriage reputation. 

• Like 12
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thanks, Joyful Noyes Homeschool! 😂

You just triggered a memory. A few weeks ago I was looking at my property on the county website to get something, and there is a sidebar on the website showing schools and daycares in the area. One of the daycares was called Joyful Noise and I had to do a double take! 😂😂 I was so confused at first since I spend so much time on the Rod threads. 

• LOL 22
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Wonder if Kaylee using plexus will hinder her getting pregnant. Poor G is already full of plexus.

Upthread after the birth someone posted a link about a possible association between Plexus and preterm births…🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I don’t think she realizes how rude it is refer to this child as “Kaylee’s premature baby” because she calls her own sister, “severely paralyzed” (caps lock on) every chance she gets.

And even embarrasses her own mother regularly. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 13
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

But Jill is very sensitive to her own feelings and takes offense when anyone criticizes her.

I believe Jill has seen the Rod Reddit page, so she knows what the criticisms are. She seems to act reactionary at times while delivering her persecution speeches. She hits on points raised, and will on occasion show a big meal or toys. But those instances are few and far between. 

• Like 10