Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I think Johnathan is the fundy partner I most want to know more about (possible exception of Jed!'s wife Katey). I mean, Derrek was looking for a father figure, Austin had been around forever, JereMe wanted a famous, meek and photogenic wife and Ben wanted someone "hot" and famous and his Dad was right there pushing early marriage. Anna wanted fame and I suspect had critical thinking skills blanket trained right out of her. But what's up with Johnathan? He wasn't local to the Rods and his family wasn't one of the Rods' higher profile sweet friends (aka grifting marks). He's a male, so by cult standards he has the authority to tell Jill to shove it, but every picture he seems delighted to be part of (and a funder for) the Rod family circus. At first I hoped maybe he was trying to protect Kaylee and the littles from the insanity, but if he is then he is playing the looooong game. What the heck was he running from that made Mahmo and DBD seem like a good alternative?

I think he saw Kaylee at one of their church performances and got an instant hard-on. Pre-marriage he always looked like he could just devour her. I also think he moved there to make Kaylee happy (because that’s what Jill wanted) and that he continues to do what makes K happy because he loves her and he’s basically a nice guy. I just hope he’s strong enough to set some boundaries with Jill and the younger kids.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 13

I definitely agree that he's very into Kaylee and I'm glad about that, so many of our other pet fundies seem to have ended up with someone who had a bit of an ulterior motive (mostly famewhoring IMO). Johnathan could still have pulled some variation of a Nathan, though and used his cult-given authority to let Kaylee be "happy" near BME and still not become the 14th Rod. 

I guess it's because Rod life seems like my personal version of Hell, but I can't understand why Johnathan seems so happy with his plastic tray cake instead of maintaining some (minor, if that's what Kaylee wants) distance from his awful in-laws. 

• Like 13
29 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Jill should not light candles in a hospital due to oxygen machines. 

Guess who might blow up a hospital with her never ending celebrations of anything. 

Patients and employees smoked in hospitals in the not too distant past. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Jill should not light candles in a hospital due to oxygen machines. 

Guess who might blow up a hospital with her never ending celebrations of anything. 

Did Jill bring the trick candles this time? She loves those things. Lots of spitting on the cake to try to blow them out. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

It’s interesting that David is as vain as Jill. He must ask Jill to dye his beard and hair. At 50 he is probably naturally grey. 

Yeah, most probably, but not necessarily. We used to know an older gentleman - I believe he was pushing 80 by then - who still had ridiculously jet-black hair naturally. I mean, there were a few grey hairs in there if you stopped to study it, but he was not in any way the sort who would bother dyeing his hair. My mother-in-law, as well, by close to the same age, still had the dirty blonde hair she had had all her life. She was religious about keeping up her perm with visits to the salon, but never had to touch up her color. Even when she ended up in a memory care facility where the perm went by the wayside, her hair mostly kept its color, though it did get a bit more grey over the next few years before she passed away.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill bring the trick candles this time? She loves those things. Lots of spitting on the cake to try to blow them out. 

They looked like regular $1 candles. Jonathan did spit all over the cake bars. I wouldn’t eat anything.

They should have put 1 candle in one cake bar for him to blow out.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

They looked like regular $1 candles. Jonathan did spit all over the cake bars. I wouldn’t eat anything.

They should have put 1 candle in one cake piece for him to blow out.

Where was Jill with her used number candles? 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Where was Jill with her used number candles? 🙄

Well we know from whatever recent birthday they have no 2 candle. someone got the used 1 candle and some used singles to make up the difference.  🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Before she met Jonathan, Jill shared that Kaylee’s dream was to marry a farmer and live on a farm. Before he moved to Ohio, he DID live on a farm. I’m sure Kaylee would’ve been ok with moving there. Jill is the one who wanted her to live close and stay in Ohio, not Kaylee imo. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
On 7/29/2023 at 4:30 PM, libgirl2 said:

I wonder how big that bag is.  Is it fanny pack size? Bigger? It does look small. I want to see her using it. 

On 7/29/2023 at 4:57 PM, oliviabenson said:

Next video Jill will point her finger at it and it will be full of plexus samples! 

Olivia benson, you took the words out of my mouth. Pointing her stubby finger with bad nail polish at the “amazing” bag she got for being SUCH an outstanding Plexus pusher *smile*

On 7/30/2023 at 6:59 AM, ginger90 said:

A1A7213B-6029-4983-AE5A-0B9F57F143BD.jpeg

Hallelujah!  David and I felt at the END of ourselves. 😢  So many battles of life. 💔  The weight is sometimes crushing......UNTIL, we knelt down to pray together.  🙏  

We poured our hearts out to God.  
We gave our burdens to Him.  
We thanked Him for the MANY blessings He has given us!  
We trusted Him.

He then gave answers and relief.  David did research.  He took a step of faith to fix our RV with the boys rather than take it in to mechanic.  As of right now, we think it is fixed.  🤞🤞  Please pray with us that the problem has been solved through the guidance of sweet Jesus and my AMAZING husband and sons!  🥰🥰🥰  We are blessed!  😉😊

I was tempted to snarkily allude to other crushing weights. . . But then @sixlets referred upthread to the REAL challenges of women dying far too young from cancer and, well, those are true, difficult burdens that Jill would never have the depth of character to appreciate.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I think he saw Kaylee at one of their church performances and got an instant hard-on. Pre-marriage he always looked like he could just devour her. I also think he moved there to make Kaylee happy (because that’s what Jill wanted) and that he continues to do what makes K happy because he loves her and he’s basically a nice guy. I just hope he’s strong enough to set some boundaries with Jill and the younger kids.

Isn’t Johnathan related to the Kellers in some way and they met at that wedding? Or is it Johnathan’s cousin that got introduced to Tim?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Isn’t Johnathan related to the Kellers in some way and they met at that wedding? Or is it Johnathan’s cousin that got introduced to Tim?

Jonathan is Ellen Coverette's nephew. Ellen is in Jill's Plexus down line and the mother of Timbits' girlfriend. Heidi and Jonathan are first cousins.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

1st male child (Timothy) left for college. Fixed it for Jilly beans. No daughter of hers will ever attend college.

It needs to be fixed further. 1st make child (Timothy) left TEMPORARILY for college. Didn’t he get yanked back real quick with a (possibly bogus) story about the college tricking them about fees? 

• Like 10
5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

It needs to be fixed further. 1st make child (Timothy) left TEMPORARILY for college. Didn’t he get yanked back real quick with a (possibly bogus) story about the college tricking them about fees? 

7435C3E7-888D-40C6-A571-88F22CFE6E28.jpeg

5FD38995-8962-44FC-A0C1-37EFE9BD5A2C.jpeg

382A5C24-3D38-4F60-B4C6-4891D8C529DA.jpeg

D64337BE-0061-466C-A8C8-B7A93C7A94E7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

7435C3E7-888D-40C6-A571-88F22CFE6E28.jpeg

That is really puzzling in the final paragraph about ministries not taking pilots if they're in debt. I know one of the unofficial creeds is to live a debt-free life. Still, if a man has gone into debt to get an education to not only help him in the future to provide for his family, but most importantly, spread The Message, then I would think ministries would hire that person if they're qualified and competent. I don't think Jill was being truthful with that claim. 

• Like 18
7 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

then I would think ministries would hire that person if they're qualified and competent. I

Consdiering that ministries don't pay well, I can see them insisting on no debt.   Because they know they won't pay enough to have the person pay their debt and be able to live.   They don't want the person to be distracted from the ministry by worry about debt.

But I am laughing at Jill being shocked at 50K for a year of school.   That's pretty average for a real school.   And that doesn't even cover things like plane use and gas.   Even Liberty University is an average of $42K.    

• Like 14
1 minute ago, zenme said:

How did they not know the cost of the entire schooling before enrolling him? Isn’t that the first thing the student and/or parent would do?

Of course, it’s the first thing I did when she announced he was going there! 🤣🤣🤣 The school ignored their questions, sure they did.

• Like 13
  • LOL 5

My theory is that Tim was put into a lot of "remedial" courses at Moody to get him up to speed, and he struggled even in those. The extra courses would have stretched out the time he needed to stay in school to get a degree. When Jill figured it out, rather than blame her lousy homeschooling and poor financial planning, she concocted a big story about Moody's lying about costs.

Apparently, Tim didn't do any better at Fox Valley Community College, although he was able to get flying lessons from a pilot in the area. He also found a job. For reasons that might have involved Tim's interest in a girl at work and lack of success in school, Jill pulled him home, never to let him go again.

Even now, it's not clear where Tim and working and what he's doing other than buying a house and planning to get married. Growing up Rodrigues has dashed Tim's big dreams, but I hope he and Heidi do OK.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1

Tim failed at two college attempts and is no closer to being a missionary pilot than he was before. As for his pilot's license I'm guessing there are requirements to keep it current, that he likely isn't doing - because money.

Phil is 20 going into his 2nd year of "college", and the next 2 are almost 19 and 17 years old. Does anyone know what their plans are? Do they need to remain permanent roadies for the Rod Crapps?

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

I just looked that tuition alone to NYU is $60,000 a year. Just the tuition. Faints. With fees on campus student pays $90,000 with fees/housing. Wowwww. 

Moody is no NYU but it’s easy to find how much school will cost to attend. Jill is a super liar!

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

.  If anyone can look up the website and see, there is no reason to keep the details secret from potential students.

She also says they asked questions and the school was SOOOOO impersonal.   I bet they asked how much does it cost and the school said "check the website."   Which is not the super special treatment of personalized attention that Jill expects.   The school treated Tim like any other student enrolling instead of the Super Special Warrior for God that Jill thinks he is.   Ignoring the fact that anyone attending Moody is there for the religious aspect, so Tim was not any different from any other student enrolling.

Or as you said, Jill was totally expecting a HUGE DISCOUNT just for existing and got mad when  it didn't appear.

• Like 20
33 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

She also says they asked questions and the school was SOOOOO impersonal.   I bet they asked how much does it cost and the school said "check the website."   Which is not the super special treatment of personalized attention that Jill expects.   The school treated Tim like any other student enrolling instead of the Super Special Warrior for God that Jill thinks he is.   Ignoring the fact that anyone attending Moody is there for the religious aspect, so Tim was not any different from any other student enrolling.

Or as you said, Jill was totally expecting a HUGE DISCOUNT just for existing and got mad when  it didn't appear.

I vote for number two: HUGE discount that didn't come.

Colleges are businesses, and admission counselors are there to sell among other jobs they do. They are nice and helpful to everyone, although they might whisper in private about the ultra annoying. They truthfully explained the costs and what aid, if any, Tim might get, but Jill didn't want to hear. 

ETA: Did Jill fill out the FAFSA form? That would be the first step to getting money. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 12

Tim also took at least three attempts to pass the very basic private pilot license exam.  This is an extremely strong indication that the person is not cut out for a future in aviation.  It's an automatic washout in many if not most pilot training programs.  

• Like 13
  • Useful 7
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

ETA: Did Jill fill out the FAFSA form? That would be the first step to getting money. 

But this is Jill - her first step is always the grift. She posted they left Timothy with a little money for groceries and he had a job lined up that paid VERY well. But should anyone want to help Timothy reach his goal you could send a donation. (to Jill I am sure)

She went in to much detail about finding Tim the proper "like-minded" church in Washington. I think she hoped, planned, expected them to fund Tim to some extent.

The drama over Timothy "flying the nest forever" was something. Not quite on the level of the precious Nurie leaving histrionics, but darn close.

"As SOON as Timothy got back from his graduation trip, he got caught up on his lawns and then packed and headed off to Wilderness Christian Camp.

This is an amazing summer camp that makes a HUGE difference in the lives of young people. He will be working there for a few weeks as a volunteer and also to earn a scholarship for his college.

He has been gone 2 nights now and the girls and I have wept! The empty “feel” in our home is almost more than we can bear. I know that sounds weird since we still have 12 children here. LOL. It proves how CLOSE we are!

Timothy cried on the phone today with us over concern towards his sisters. SOOO sweet. It makes me miss him even more"

Even before he left they had emptied every trace of him from the house. I think Tim was teased by his roommates over his space that mama overly decorated with teddy bears and pics of herself.

"Well, it is SAD because with heavy hearts we emptied our house of ALL of Timothy’s stuff.  We gazed at his EMPTY bed, his EMPTY space where his dresser sat, all the airplanes hanging around his room – GONE, his desk – GONE.  It all seems so final, so empty, so lonely, as we jam pack our car, his car, and our RV with his stuff and begin our trek West to drop him off to college.  YET, they are HAPPY because they are days that hold possibilities, dreams, and watching Timothy literally SOAR for Jesus!"

and this 🙄🙄

"We literally just left our precious Timothy for good. Tears were shed and every mile we drive East, I feel the finality of it! ????

We are THRILLED that we were able to help get him all comfortably settled in his new house (student housing). The guys there call his bedroom nook, “The Throne”. LOL. I love to decorate and Timothy is sentimental and very neat like me. So, his area is quite cozy."

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The drama over Timothy "flying the nest forever" was something. Not quite on the level of the precious Nurie leaving histrionics, but darn close.

"As SOON as Timothy got back from his graduation trip, he got caught up on his lawns and then packed and headed off to Wilderness Christian Camp.

This is an amazing summer camp that makes a HUGE difference in the lives of young people. He will be working there for a few weeks as a volunteer and also to earn a scholarship for his college.

He has been gone 2 nights now and the girls and I have wept! The empty “feel” in our home is almost more than we can bear. I know that sounds weird since we still have 12 children here. LOL. It proves how CLOSE we are!

Timothy cried on the phone today with us over concern towards his sisters. SOOO sweet. It makes me miss him even more"

Even before he left they had emptied every trace of him from the house. I think Tim was teased by his roommates over his space that mama overly decorated with teddy bears and pics of herself.

"Well, it is SAD because with heavy hearts we emptied our house of ALL of Timothy’s stuff.  We gazed at his EMPTY bed, his EMPTY space where his dresser sat, all the airplanes hanging around his room – GONE, his desk – GONE.  It all seems so final, so empty, so lonely, as we jam pack our car, his car, and our RV with his stuff and begin our trek West to drop him off to college.  YET, they are HAPPY because they are days that hold possibilities, dreams, and watching Timothy literally SOAR for Jesus!"

and this 🙄🙄

"We literally just left our precious Timothy for good. Tears were shed and every mile we drive East, I feel the finality of it! ????

We are THRILLED that we were able to help get him all comfortably settled in his new house (student housing). The guys there call his bedroom nook, “The Throne”. LOL. I love to decorate and Timothy is sentimental and very neat like me. So, his area is quite cozy."

Jill's account sounds like Tim was being permanently deported. 

What a drama queen our Jillybean is. Most people don't take everything they own with them when they go to college. Of course, if all your worldly possessions fit into a nook, I guess it's possible. 

Anyway, as we all know, within a year, Tim had bounced right back into the compound, to a trailer in the backyard, probably without most of his possessions. So much for soaring. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 13

I don't believe anything JillR says. I don't believe she & Dave get on their knees and poor their hearts out to the Lord. I don't believe they all wept when Tim went off to flight school. I do believe Jill weeps at the distance between her and Nurie, but the rest of her claims, especially about the efficacy of Plexus, are all bull. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't believe anything JillR says. I don't believe she & Dave get on their knees and poor their hearts out to the Lord. I don't believe they all wept when Tim went off to flight school. I do believe Jill weeps at the distance between her and Nurie, but the rest of her claims, especially about the efficacy of Plexus, are all bull. 

Jill is a Drama Llama. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I do believe she cried. I believe she was hysterical. Not because of love but because she's an emotional manipulator. I have a family member that uses this tactic. It's sobbing and hysteria and how will I live without you and don't leave me. It's not out of love, it's out of control. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 4
14 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

I do believe she cried. I believe she was hysterical. Not because of love but because she's an emotional manipulator. I have a family member that uses this tactic. It's sobbing and hysteria and how will I live without you and don't leave me. It's not out of love, it's out of control. 

If she cried, it's because this public failure reflected poorly on her, and her ego was bruised. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe Tim took his model airplanes and his stuffed animal with him. I know a saw a picture of the stuffed animal on his 'dorm room' bed.

I looked for the picture because I also remember a stuffed animal and a fairly large picture of mama by his bed. No luck finding it so far. A lot of the old blog pics don't show up any longer.

I believe Jill cried and carried on over Timothy, but to a lesser extent than with Nurie. But it was certainly contrived to control the others to always have a heart to be near mama.

But Jill was stuck - She had to let Nurie go so she could brag about Nurie and Anna Duggar's brother. I think she let Tim go because she had delusions that Tim being a pilot meant she would be able to travel like the Duggars. No more RV, pilot son would fly her wherever.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe Tim took his model airplanes and his stuffed animal with him. I know a saw a picture of the stuffed animal on his 'dorm room' bed.

Whoah! You mean he didn't give his stuffed animal to precious Mahmo, all the better for her to remember him? How did she miss that one?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

Considering how little space Tim had in the shared barndo bedroom, I suppose it's possible he took everything with him. I'm not sure the dresser had to go since most dorm rooms have storage. Jill decorated his space, so probably most of the crap in the car was her dollar store finds. 

Poor guy. What eighteen-year-old brings stuffed animals and pictures of Mama to display in a dorm room. Even at Moody, I bet there was talk behind his back. 

Jill is mentally unhinged. It's hard to let kids go, but holding them as emotional hostages is a tragedy.  

• Like 13
  • Sad 5