Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I bet Jill/Dave ate for free as usual!

Never a doubt.  Have they ever paid for anyone else at any time? They are despicable on so many levels. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Never a doubt.  Have they ever paid for anyone else at any time? They are despicable on so many levels. 

Did they contribute anything except their presence?

• LOL 5
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From pictures I saw,  it looks like one sister brought her baby, Jill had herself, David, Renee, Kaylee and Johnathan. No other children were shown.

That's rather sad so few grandchildren included.  I remember my parents' 50th back in 2001.  They didn't want a party or gifts, and they treated all the kids and grandkids (okay there were only 4 of them) to dinner at a fancy restaurant.  My dad's sister and her husband attended as she had also been my mom's maid of honor.

• Like 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That's rather sad so few grandchildren included.  I remember my parents' 50th back in 2001.  They didn't want a party or gifts, and they treated all the kids and grandkids (okay there were only 4 of them) to dinner at a fancy restaurant.  My dad's sister and her husband attended as she had also been my mom's maid of honor.

It is. I know it is a lot of people and would get pricey but better go somewhere cheaper (even pizza) but you can have the whole family around you. Sure, they can have a nice dinner but this seemed more of a "party".  

Maybe they could have had all the grandkids for cake and ice cream elsewhere? Or don't have this at OG? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From pictures I saw,  it looks like one sister brought her baby, Jill had herself, David, Renee, Kaylee and Johnathan. No other children were shown.

It must have been Renee’s special week. 

Edited by EVS
Clarity
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Rumors? Please share.

Pretty nebulous. Just saying that MM and Renee broke up. Jill removed his pictures from her SM, but didn't edit a post that said one SIL "on the way." A mystery. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Pretty nebulous. Just saying that MM and Renee broke up. 

If he has any concerns about his life being made public on Jill’s SM, he is right to cut and run, tbh. 

• Like 15
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Pretty nebulous. Just saying that MM and Renee broke up. 

If that is the case he was very smart to keep his identity out of SM. I hope Jill didn’t scare him away. 

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It is. I know it is a lot of people and would get pricey but better go somewhere cheaper (even pizza) but you can have the whole family around you. Sure, they can have a nice dinner but this seemed more of a "party".  

Maybe they could have had all the grandkids for cake and ice cream elsewhere? Or don't have this at OG? 

Do we know that the Rods even took the younger kids with them to W VA?  Maybe they all stayed behind in the barndo.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Do we know that the Rods even took the younger kids with them to W VA?  Maybe they all stayed behind in the barndo.

Nah, the kids were spotted in the 4th of July "parade" at Amy's place. 

eta I posted about the picture Aunt Vallory posted of Janessa wearing Jill's pink Plexus cowgirl hat. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Hey plenty of cake for Dave! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Lisa brought the cake. Gee I’m shocked Jill contributed nothing. What a cheap,  lazy…

DE19FDB0-040F-492F-BDC4-8AFD940FF192.jpeg

I know it's supposed to say 'Anniversary' but I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on with the n's.

• Like 4
  • LOL 14
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Lisa brought the cake. Gee I’m shocked Jill contributed nothing. What a cheap,  lazy…

DE19FDB0-040F-492F-BDC4-8AFD940FF192.jpeg

If Jill was in charge of the cake it would have been the fancy Little Debbie Snack Cakes such as the Zebra Cakes. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill herself dirty deleting pictures and posts regarding him from her SM. 

Second failed courtship. You’d think by now Jill would stop posting everything on SM. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
(edited)

Jill deleting after the fact is interesting. Perhaps he saw, or someone let him know about the posts. He may not have considered he’d be posted with 😎. You know, because he asked not to be posted. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
59 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If you see any cheap, gaudy, unattractive and out-of-place decorations, Jill contributed.

of course jill contributed, she brought Jonathan (and his money)

• Sad 3
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

of course jill contributed, she brought Jonathan (and his money)

I’m not sure how much better it is, but Nurie at least has some breathing room from BME. I wonder if Jill had already started working on Renee to claim she wanted to live nearby to “invest” in her siblings’s lives.

• Like 4

Tim's letter to Pat proved how much she did in their household. No wonder he has a perpetual deer in the headlights expression. Now he's reliant on his daughters to cook, clean, and pay his bills. 

He also wishes for the old Pat. It's been a year. She's not coming back. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Most recent post by Jill:

I got this text from Kaylee.😊  It brings my heart great joy that Jonathan and Kaylee are investing SO much in their precious baby.  They are so committed to being there for sweet Gideon.  They live right in the room with him and I think that is why he is thriving so much!  He sees, smells and hears his Daddy and Mommy 24/7.  🥰

From Kaylee....

I got the CUTEST pictures of little Gideon looking all around. 🥰 
     It was and is soo precious. 😊☺️😚Jonathan also enjoys holding Gideon and it is sooo sweet. 🥰 
    He sings to Him, reads him the Bible, etc. Gideon is always SO CALM and peaceful during these times. 💖💖

And…..

1F41A5B4-94DE-4997-AE1F-A1A990A595FA.jpeg

24900455-884D-4305-8BF7-7F716B2F9231.jpeg

• Mind Blown 20
  • Sad 9
9 minutes ago, Trillium said:

And I can’t even with the plexus. Using your daughter who just gave birth and has a premie in the NICU to sell crappy sugar water because you want to go to Hawaii is so gross and uncaring. 

And reportable as sharing false health related information on Instagram and Facebook. Just saying. 😁

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m just glad that Jill and crew have  left the building.  The new parents can bond with Gideon.  The unit can go back to functioning normally.

Maybe Kaylee will make a friend or two with other moms and the staff  outside of Jill’s influence.  Maybe someone can teach her you don’t have to wear so much makeup. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 16
(edited)
35 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe Kaylee will make a friend or two with other moms and the staff  outside of Jill’s influence.  Maybe someone can teach her you don’t have to wear so much makeup. 

I'd like to think so. But these are two young hard-core sheltered fundies, with a newborn in the NICU. I doubt that their minds are open to anything from the outside world and they are clinging to their religious faith to get through the days. Of course it's possible that some cracks in their programming will appear, but IMO it's quite unlikely.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 8
  • Sad 10

It doesn’t matter if the adult children marry and move away. Jill figures out a way to grift from them. She doesn’t care how expensive newborns are, as long as she gets her share of the SIL’s paychecks. Are Nurie and Kaylee going to ration diapers/wipes, baby clothes for their Plexus share? Heidi is going to be next.  Jill is such a vile POS. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 3

NO.  No, she did NOT just make her exhausted daughter put on makeup, do her hair, and pose in the NICU to advertise the miracle pink drink that has the previously unmentioned super benefit of making a mother's milk supply come in.  No no no.

If Jill had been shilling Plexus when the two Nuries were in the car accident and Jill posted their injuries on her social media from inside the emergency room, you know both girls would've been drinking that crap with some kind of message that said, "Horrible accident!  Both girls severely banged up!  Thank goodness I had some Plexus in my purse!  They will both be healed and back to minding their siblings in no time!"

I have such a hard time understanding how even Jill must know that using a premature baby as fodder for Plexus is completely over the top.

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

And reportable as sharing false health related information on Instagram and Facebook. Just saying. 😁

I believe that is why jill now posts most of her false plexus crap in her stories that disappear after 24hrs. makes it harder to report. not that anything is ever done about her reported posts anyway

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I believe that is why jill now posts most of her false plexus crap in her stories that disappear after 24hrs. makes it harder to report. not that anything is ever done about her reported posts anyway

On 7/7/2023 at 5:04 PM, jacourt said:

How do they explain that all their prayers did not stop the labor to continue?  

She isn't a mother, she is a monster!

Edited by libgirl2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I grew up in a part of the country where every small-town bar had a couple who looked just like these two showing up on a regular basis to drink away their troubles. 

Hummingbird juice cocktail for him and a plexus cocktail for her all night long.

• LOL 12
On 7/11/2023 at 10:07 AM, oliviabenson said:

Showing off her sexy fingers

D16708F2-E937-449E-A0B7-495018A55036.jpeg

Is... is that...BLACK nail polish? If it's not, it's a severely dark shade of purple. Revoke Jill's True Christian card. I kid you not, I one time visited a church and during the alter call, the pastor called out one of the teenagers, who came up front to receive prayer, about her black nail polish. Went on a mini-sermon rant about it and basically shamed the poor girl in front of the congregation.

And RE: Disney World: again, the Rod family pick and choose what they want to follow. As far back as 1997, Christian churches preached against Disney and we were encouraged to boycott anything that Disney owned (and while they owned quite a bit back then, it was nothing compared to today). And over the past year or two, the villainy of the Disney company has been preached about much more loudly. Guess morals don't matter when it's a free gift, but you can bet that nowadays Jill would go on a tirade about Disney because there's no way they can get another free trip there.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Hummingbird juice cocktail for him and a plexus cocktail for her all night long.

Nah, these are cheap whiskey faces. And they always sit at the bar. Jill just needs her pink cowboy hat to wave around to music from the jukebox. 

• LOL 13