Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would never have thought to put a poster-sized picture of Mr. X and myself in my daughter's room!  It's like "mommy and daddy are always watching you" creepy.  Even if it's just a baby's room, I think it's way too much.

I would never think to put a giant size poster of Mr. Madtown and myself in ANY room! These people are just so creepy.
By the way Jill, you taught your daughters that they are only capable of having babies. That is all their lives are about. You suck as a human and even worse as a mother!

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, beckie said:

Ok, maybe I'm stupid.  But I just don't get hateful from that message that sent Jill on her rant. Am I missing something? To me the comment makes no sense, and certainly nothing hateful. 

I'm pretty sure that BME is really talking to all of us "haters" who say that she 

- Beats her children (likely, she's bragged about her connection to the Perls)

- Doesn't feed them

- Doesn't educate them 

- Brow beats them with the KJV according to Jill (almost guaranteed, she just did it to her followers in this post)

- Expects them to give money they don't have to buy her toys (My Mom would kill me if I spent that much on her and I'm a grown ass woman who makes good money)

- Gives the poor girls spermbrows

But she's not going to call us out for saying any of those specific things, because then all she can argue is "Spare the rod and spoil the child" and that's not going to be enough to make us poor heathens REPENT and open our wallets. (It's also not going to make her fellow cultists feel badly for Jill The Martyr and open their wallets, which I suspect is the real end goal). So instead of taking on the actual accusations, she's going to tackle a much more vague "Why do your children seem scared of you?" with this rambling screed which is half "Lol, of course my kids aren't scared of me! They're my besties who buy me things dontchaknow." and half "No, no, they're not afraid of ME, they're afraid of the LORD, which is godly and awesome! Tremble sinners! (and open your wallets)."

PS. Watching Jill try to find scriptural justification for spermbrows in the KJV would be hilarious. Get on that Jillybean. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 2
  • LOL 16
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

image.png.826f1cdaea7a10aa9b31bb230bc47899.png

I see at least two candles in that ugly ass room nursery, one on the table by the lamp (actually under the shade, which would get burned if they lit it) and another on the windowsill (where it would catch the drapes on fire if they actually lit it while it was sitting there).   Idiots.  You can't burn candles in a baby's room.  I suppose maybe they are just "decorating" with them, but I still don't like it. 

What really is truly dangerous is the crib being so close to the wall heater.  Those things can get hot and nothing flammable should be within two feet of it in any direction.  That bed is within inches of that heater ... think of a baby in that crib with blankets and toys.  That's a disaster waiting to happen!

Did I just notice a little board with hanging hooks on it on the wall above the heater?  Good lord, if something slipped off a hook it would land wedged between the crib and the heater ... 

Maybe I'm being overly dramatic - sorry.  But you just don't take any chances with safety hazards like those in a child's room.  It's an easy fix, so there is just no reason for it.  I hope in the pictures we will surely be inundated with soon enough, that crib will be in a different spot. 

The thing on the windowsill appears to be a plaque of some sort. I doubt that a heater near the crib. It looks like the air vent for the room.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

The thing on the windowsill appears to be a plaque of some sort. I doubt that a heater near the crib. It looks like the air vent for the room.

They have oil forced air heat. That vent is where the heat comes from.

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They have oil forced air heat. That vent is where the heat comes from.

I have a heat pump and heat and air conditioning come through the vents. However, it's not a fire hazard compared to having an electrical heater next to the bed. 

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

So the hillrod grandkid can burn his arms/hands on the vent???

How safe /s.

No, the vents aren't burn hazards.

• Like 8
On 5/22/2023 at 6:03 AM, Trillium said:

This just makes me sad that the kids never get gifts this nice. No, just her. 

Jill has even bragged many times that her children are not spoiled and are perfectly excited to receive end-cap clearance toiletries from the Rite-Aid.

Yet Jill always gets whatever she wants.  She gets all of her get-always and date nights and girls nights and her jacuzzi tub and her Amish staircases her mixer, her e-bike, her endless supply of chevon wild-printed tight skirts, her makeup and hair dye and extensions, her teeth dye.  The list is endless but her kids never “want” anything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
  • Applause 9

1C11B46A-FDE5-4B2A-916B-8D2BBFEFD251.jpeg

154D79B1-F275-4ED3-A242-6B8B8531247A.jpeg

EEB9A632-7A55-4CE6-84F6-8213894A7551.jpeg

It was a JOY and honor to attend Jonathan, Kaylee and Timothy Rodrigues 's church on Mother's Day to hear their salvation testimonies before they joined Heritage Baptist Church.  😊  David and I have NO greater JOY with their choices.  We love all 4 of you SO much!  ❤️

Pictures are screenshots from a video.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

“Love all 4 of you” So, she’s counting the fetus?

Also what salvation testimony do these people have? “I prayed the magical prayer when I was 4?” Way to overcome. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if the entire family left Joy Baptist. They don't seem to last long at any church before wearing out their welcome. 

Jill has been pretty quiet about Joy Baptist, so you're probably right. I can't imagine the kids would strike out on their own. Heritage Baptist is a new hunting ground for the grift. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 5

Kaylee looks a lot different in profile. I would not have recognized her without her headship standing next to her. 

That church is so plain. Even the Lutheran churches I attended as a kid (was baptized at three months old -- it didn't take) had some decoration and something to look at when bored. 

• Like 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if the entire family left Joy Baptist. They don't seem to last long at any church before wearing out their welcome. 

I wonder if this is the "people can be so hurtful" comment from a bit back.   Wanna bet she was told to stop being so ... Jill and now she is all butthurt?

Seriously what salvation story can ANY of her kids tell?   She has had them under her control and beating Jaysus into their heads since they were babies.   They never had a choice.   Which I am pretty sure the KJV has a few choice phrases about free will.  

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 21
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I wonder if this is the "people can be so hurtful" comment from a bit back.   Wanna bet she was told to stop being so ... Jill and now she is all butthurt?

Seriously what salvation story can ANY of her kids tell?   She has had them under her control and beating Jaysus into their heads since they were babies.   They never had a choice.   Which I am pretty sure the KJV has a few choice phrases about free will.  

Everytime I see something about a child getting saved at such a young age like 4 or 5.....ugh! They are repeating what they are told they have to do. They don't understand. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Jill and David probably realize when a church has been tapped out, so they start looking for fresh opportunities. When they find a new church, David/Jill  start an argument about some nit-picky thing at the old one and make their dramatic exit. Jill writes an emotional story (with emojis and random capital letters) about the horrible persecution she and the family have suffered. They move to the new church and start the process again. The grift goes on. 

Will Jill be able to resist sharing how Satan has attacked her family? Nah. She lives for it. 

• Like 11
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1C11B46A-FDE5-4B2A-916B-8D2BBFEFD251.jpeg

154D79B1-F275-4ED3-A242-6B8B8531247A.jpeg

EEB9A632-7A55-4CE6-84F6-8213894A7551.jpeg

It was a JOY and honor to attend Jonathan, Kaylee and Timothy Rodrigues 's church on Mother's Day to hear their salvation testimonies before they joined Heritage Baptist Church.  😊  David and I have NO greater JOY with their choices.  We love all 4 of you SO much!  ❤️

Pictures are screenshots from a video.

Jonathan looks really uptight and doesn't have a warm countenance.

• Like 7

Tim looks like a sleazy megachurch pastor-wannabe in that photo. The scruffy beard, casual sweater, and white tie are good choices for the look. He just needs darker tint on the lenses of his glasses. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Jonathan looks really uptight and doesn't have a warm countenance.

Maybe he's really uncomfortable being forced to give a testimony.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe, but they were born for that! 

I see it as forced into it.  I'm from a liturgical chuch foundation and am always rather squicked out by the emphasis on testamonies.  Some people thrive on them as a chance to be the center of attention while others cringe and get through it with the minimum of words.

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I see it as forced into it.  I'm from a liturgical chuch foundation and am always rather squicked out by the emphasis on testamonies.  Some people thrive on them as a chance to be the center of attention while others cringe and get through it with the minimum of words.

I agree.  I come from a liturgical background myself, and the usual procedure is for the pastor to ask about three questions, the new members answer in the affirmative and that's it.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim looks like a sleazy megachurch pastor-wannabe in that photo. The scruffy beard, casual sweater, and white tie are good choices for the look. He just needs darker tint on the lenses of his glasses. 

I wonder if his white tie and white belt came as a set. 😄😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
41 minutes ago, all fall down said:

I wonder if his white tie and white belt came as a set. 😄😄

And maybe with that big white watch he used to wear? 

Now I'm thinking he had some white shoes too, but I could be thinking of Jill's white Croc-like heels. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And maybe with that big white watch he used to wear? 

Now I'm thinking he had some white shoes too, but I could be thinking of Jill's white Croc-like heels. 

Now I have a picture of him with a big white watch on a chain around his neck ala Flava Flav. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

I suspect now that those three have switched churches that Jill and Shrek will do so as well, to be "near their babies in church".  That might avoid the usually brouhaha about how their old church is suddenly not pious enough and avoid burning bridges (unless they plan to move to Florida soon to be near Nurie et al).

• Like 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Well, he has himself a chick now, so he probably thinks he is or at least wants her to think so.

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I suspect now that those three have switched churches that Jill and Shrek will do so as well, to be "near their babies in church".  That might avoid the usually brouhaha about how their old church is suddenly not pious enough and avoid burning bridges (unless they plan to move to Florida soon to be near Nurie et al).

Time to move on to new grifting grounds...... 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Didn't Jill say Phillip had finished his one-year Bible certificate? That's an independent program of study. Now he's suddenly back in the three-year missions program. Does Jill even know what he's doing at school? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Didn't Jill say Phillip had finished his one-year Bible certificate? That's an independent program of study. Now he's suddenly back in the three-year missions program. Does Jill even know what he's doing at school? 

Jill apparently doesn't know what a semester is. 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

If BME and DBD leave Joy Baptist, how long did it take them to wear out their welcome?

When did the pastor give them that huge dining room table with no reciprocation? That's when they wore out their welcome. 😃

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She said he had finished his last semester. It was unclear if she meant last semester ever or for the school year. I guess she's finally clarified that she meant for this year. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No. And she creates yet more spaces for crap on the regular.

And now she has Kaylee’s house to add crap as she pleases. 

• Sad 9

In April, Jill wrote that "Phillip is nearing his last semester at Massillon Bible College and is doing great [as shown on his test]." This sounds as if he is finishing his last semester at the college. 

If Jill had written something like this: Phillip is finishing his first year, or Philip is near the end of his first year, or Phillip is finishing his second semester, her meaning might have been clear. 

But Best Homeschooling Mama Ever strikes again. Poor kids. Three years at a tiny, uncredited Bible college will probably make Phillip considerably more literate than his teacher, Jillybean the Plexus Queen.  

• Like 16