Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Regardless of what Jill says, I doubt any of her kids get on her fb or Instagram and write ANYTHING to her. I believe Jill chooses a child,  and goes to work on the weird poetry and praises.

• Like 17
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And I quoted ginger90, who I believe referred to Jill's Mother's Day post. At least that's how I read it.

Eh, no harm, no foul. I just posted that the tribute pic was old. And cropped. 😁

I was referring to this one, which @GeeGollywas referring to. 
I’m feeling dizzy now! 🤣

B4F5D3AD-7C92-43EB-9C6B-5C4F65424394.jpeg

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

FB57F089-261D-4E95-9956-526C0C6D1201.jpeg

Good God, my eyes rolled so far up I nearly passed out. Jill, you think we are stupid enough to not realize that you wrote this? Please! 

• Like 19

Really Kaylee a grown woman, living in her own house (decorated by her tacky mother) and about to become a mother herself uses "Kaylee Girl" when signing something.   Jill you might want to update your "signatures" for your children.

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Good God, my eyes rolled so far up I nearly passed out. Jill, you think we are stupid enough to not realize that you wrote this? Please! 

Jill thinks everyone is as stupid as she is, so the answer to your question is "yes." 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

I'm SEVERELY shocked, shocked, I tell you! that Mahmo did not post a picture of her standing amid the mountain of all the Mother's Day gifts her blessings bought for her because she is the Best Mama Ever!

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

Or she realized its really hard to get other people to buy them things if she is surrounded by a pile of expensive gifts the kids "bought" her.    Like someone pointed out the begging for money doesn't work if you always have new stuff and are always on vacation.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, BradandJanet said:
19 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

It's too bad BME didn't give all of them a halfway decent education.

I blame Dave for the kids subpar education. He went to a regular school and he understood how under educated his precious Jilly bean is.

At least send the boys to school… The men are supposed to support their family and all. 

Then again Dave is a lazy man who mooches off others for a living.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 16

…but only if you are a mother whose children were gifts from Jaysauce and who were born through a proper courtship and marriage so the urges were righteously fulfilled.  If you are a single mother, fuhgeddaboutit.  

990D1E04-7351-4B31-8AB3-9E9F96FC48BD.jpeg

• Like 8

It must be about time for Samuel's graduation and senior pics. Including Jill going on about him being diligent, god honoring, hard working etc. Ending with "can't wait to see what God has planned for you"

I predict there will also be a post about Sammer's taking mama to lunch/dinner to honor and thank her for being the most wonderful teacher ever. (the other rod grads have done this)

We never did see a "clean" spring break trip for sammer's did we?

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It must be about time for Samuel's graduation and senior pics. Including Jill going on about him being diligent, god honoring, hard working etc. Ending with "can't wait to see what God has planned for you"

I predict there will also be a post about Sammer's taking mama to lunch/dinner to honor and thank her for being the most wonderful teacher ever. (the other rod grads have done this)

We never did see a "clean" spring break trip for sammer's did we?

Maybe Sammer had to repeat a grade and isn’t graduating this year, lol. Sadly JillyBean probably just forgot or there was no place Dave wanted to go, so no trip for Sammer. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
On 5/14/2023 at 1:36 PM, BradandJanet said:

One day he's going to sprout wings and hover over the fridge. 

He probably does that now without the wings. 

I don't know... it's hard to imagine David hovering, with or without wings. Those would have to be some super-industrial-strength wings, in any case, and I'm still not sure they would quite be up to the task.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know... it's hard to imagine David hovering, with or without wings. Those would have to be some super-industrial-strength wings, in any case, and I'm still not sure they would quite be up to the task.

Picturing Dave as a flying insect is gonna live in my brain rent free for days 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 16

I had to laugh at the idea of a Rodlet needing to repeat a grade at the Rodrigues Family Academy. That would require an actual teacher who is present and keeping records. 

Poor Sam should at least get a pizza party and a scavenger hunt at the food court of the local mall for all his hard work. 

Maybe Sam will try for a Bible verse memorization certificate at Massillon Bible College. At least he might learn a few useful life skills like being on time and listening to people other than David and Jill. He might also meet some young ladies in the Church Secretary program. 

Good luck, Sam!

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To be able to hover above the fridge I was visualizing only aircraft perhaps helicopter wings would be up to the task.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

To be able to hover above the fridge I was visualizing only aircraft perhaps helicopter wings would be up to the task.

Now, now, it’s a well known fact that drinking humming bird juice gives you wings! 

🤪💦😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

So is Renee still courting mystery man or did he tell Jill to not even post a picture of him from behind?

I'm curious, too. No mention of him for a while now. I wonder if he is going to join Nurie's Gum Boy and be erased from Mahmo's SM accounts.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm curious, too. No mention of him for a while now. I wonder if he is going to join Nurie's Gum Boy and be erased from Mahmo's SM accounts.

More than likely he told her to keep him out of her SM posts. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

More than likely he told her to keep him out of her SM posts. 

Uh oh.  Big dilemma for Mahmo.  Does she comply so as to Marry off another Not Nurie or does she try and force that Not Nurie to do what Mahmo wants.  Oy.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Uh oh.  Big dilemma for Mahmo.  Does she comply so as to Marry off another Not Nurie or does she try and force that Not Nurie to do what Mahmo wants.  Oy.

Mahmo can always find another sucker guy to marry her daughter. One who will allow his picture to be taken and posted online. Let's see if this guy bolts. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If MM has successfully refused to be on Jill's social media, who knows what he might ask for next--Renee's moving to Pennsylvania? Jill's head would spin for weeks. 

He's pretty local to them. In Ohio, about 2 hours away. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Do we know exactly where MM lives?  I lived in SW PA all my life.  Curious to know where Rene could be moving…

Yes, it's known where he lives. But we've been warned not to say anything for fear of doxxing. What I posted above is about as specific as we can be until he outs himself.

• Like 7

Everyone once in a while I find myself kind of pulling back and looking at these families from afar. When looking at the Rods specifically they almost seem unreal. Like one or two streets over from them there are likely families with kids in school, playing sports and taking dance classes and the parents have jobs. It makes me wonder how many families like this are hiding in plain sight in neighborhoods everywhere.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Mahmo can always find another sucker guy to marry her daughter. One who will allow his picture to be taken and posted online. Let's see if this guy bolts. 

Really?   I don't think folks are lining up to marry the Rods.  Granted the pool for ANY of these fundies to marry is pretty small, hence the Rods related to the Duggars by way of the Kellers, etc.   Which if the generations keep up the insular beliefs means they are going to head the way of the Royal Families of Europe in a couple of generations.   But even given the lack of options, I think anyone with options is going for the bat guanoness that is BME.  What do the Rod girls offer that is enough to overcome THAT?   

• Like 13

In the vid about Renee’s knee, there’s someone sitting next to her who Jill is careful not to show. All you see is his arm and a nice watch. Made me think the mystery man is still around. 

• Useful 14
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

In the vid about Renee’s knee, there’s someone sitting next to her who Jill is careful not to show. All you see is his arm and a nice watch. Made me think the mystery man is still around. 

At the end of the video she pans over. It's Tim sitting next to Renee. 

I think MM is still around. Jill went a long time without posting much about Jonathan. Long enough that people started to speculate that he had dumped Kaylee. It was just that he lived in another state and wasn't around to post about. MM lives a few hours away and I believe he has a job, so he's likely not around all the time. If their relationship is mostly over the phone, I don't think it's unusual that Jill isn't mentioning him. I think Jill is very much out of sight out of mind. 

Also Poor Renee's knee. That had to have hurt. 

• Like 10

I’m not posting the graphic injury ones. What’s with Jill posting pics of her SEVERELY injured daughters?

BF598FDD-50F8-4E88-B6F9-4F2EA032B96B.jpeg

B56BC814-022A-4B0F-9440-F885120D680F.jpeg

First Nuri and Kaylee after the accident, now Rene. 

Internet strangers do not need to see these graphic photos. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m not posting the graphic injury ones. What’s with Jill posting pics of her SEVERELY injured daughters?

BF598FDD-50F8-4E88-B6F9-4F2EA032B96B.jpeg

B56BC814-022A-4B0F-9440-F885120D680F.jpeg

First Nuri and Kaylee after the accident, now Rene. 

Internet strangers do not need to see these graphic photos. 

I did not see the video, but I did see a graphic photo of her injury. I hope Renee's unfeeling, nutso mother permitted her to have a tetanus shot! That injury was really bad. I might even say SEVERELY bad!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Why did she share that picture? Ugh! 

It's my own stupid fault for following this crazy woman on social media, but when I do my mindless morning scroll through IG upon waking and not wanting to get out of bed, and the first thing I see is a close-up of a severely gashed knee, well....like I said, my own fault.  I don't suppose Jill could've posted a "graphic" disclaimer first but that's not her style.  

I did a hard eye-roll at the video where she interviews Renee on her volleyball injury and says, "lots of people are wondering why you're on crutches, Renee!"  Who are these people??  No one knew she was on crutches until Jill posted about it.  The big surprise for me was that Jill allows her daughters to even play volleyball in the first place.

• Like 17

Guinea pigs in clothes running around on the kitchen counter? Doesn't the barndo also have cats and dogs loose in the house? What's the life expectancy of a barndo guinea pig? Why do the Rod 'rents, who can't manage to feed their human children, bring in innocent pets who also need food and care? 

I don't get these people. I really don't. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, farmgal4 said:

That’s an old picture.

OMG!  What is wrong with them?!?!

How much time do you have? 😁

I find it incredibly vain to have as many kids as one can regardless of financial and personal health status.  WTF is so goddam great about the Bates?  I see no superior genes or gifts to society.  I see a drain on society.  None of them are setting the world on fire nor are they educated so they can contribute to the betterment of society.  Just more gd sexist, misogynistic, choice denying, hypocritical and seriously dumbfuckery coming from those people and those just like them.

Just now, Natalie68 said:

I find it incredibly vain to have as many kids as one can regardless of financial and personal health status.  WTF is so goddam great about the Bates/Rodrigui/Duggars?  I see no superior genes or gifts to society.  I see a drain on society.  None of them are setting the world on fire nor are they educated so they can contribute to the betterment of society.  Just more gd sexist, misogynistic, choice denying, hypocritical and seriously dumbfuckery coming from those people and those just like them.

1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I find it incredibly vain to have as many kids as one can regardless of financial and personal health status.  WTF is so goddam great about the Bates/Rodrigui/Duggars?  I see no superior genes or gifts to society.  I see a drain on society.  None of them are setting the world on fire nor are they educated so they can contribute to the betterment of society.  Just more gd sexist, misogynistic, choice denying, hypocritical and seriously dumbfuckery coming from those people and those just like them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Just more gd sexist, misogynistic, choice denying, hypocritical and seriously dumbfuckery coming from those people and those just like them.

That's actually the whole reason why they have so many kids. The more they are, the more chance they have to make everything according to their values.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

The big surprise for me was that Jill allows her daughters to even play volleyball in the first place.

Volleyball is one of the few sports allowed by the Amish (she so admires) as it's not as competitive as other sports when played by non-athletes.  Also, there's little bodily contact with other players.

• Useful 11