Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm seriously bummed for Kaylee. Didn't she get married like six weeks ago? If she weren't a fundie, people would totally be counting backwards and snickering at her. 

She and Nuri can be pregnant together because I'm sure Nuri will be pregnant again by August. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Sad 14
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'm seriously bummed for Kaylee. Didn't she get married like six weeks ago? If she weren't a fundie, people would totally be counting backwards and snickering at her. 

She and Nuri can be pregnant together because I'm sure Nuri will be pregnant again by August. 

Nurie at least went four months without being pregnant after her wedding.  Then again they were probably constantly working on it, and she might have needed that time to gain the necessary pounds to carry a pregnancy.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think it’s that Johnathan and Kaylee will only have one Christmas as a married couple without children. It’s that these two are just legal adults themselves, have barely been able to do anything, and now will be responsible for another human being. And many human beings after that (assuming there isn’t a medical issue or they don’t leave the faith). 

This isn’t two 30somethings who have lived a little bit and decided they wanted to have kids right away. This isn’t two 20 somethings who in their excitement over partnered sex messed up their contraceptives and know they have the OPTION to spread out their kids because they are so young. 

These are two people that are living the only option that was ever presented to them as possible. And another 20yrs of pregnancy and childbirth ahead of Kaylee. It sounds exhausting. 

Exactly. My parents got one married Christmas before I came around but they had been together for over two years before they got married. These two never even kissed until their wedding day, looking at the timing it's possible she never even had her period while living with him alone.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Sad 8
47 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Yes I think thats likely. I expect Nurie to be pregnant again before end of Q1 2023, an announcement before Easter.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
12 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

No but the way shit is going on in my pickle soup family I wouldn't be surprised to find out somewhere along the line I am related to the Duggars.

I can't help thinking (chuckling) over the fact that pickle soup cousin (cuz) would make a cute handle.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2022 at 9:49 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Just checked her FB. No announcement. She's half an hour late. Hmmm....

Geez, if Jill had seen that you KNOW she would have been taking another pregnancy test!

On 12/22/2022 at 3:23 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill posted a couple of videos of Kaylee announcing to the family. Kaylee has known since last Sunday, at least that's when she told Jill. They apparently bought their lovely shirts Tuesday night. So Kaylee was likely testing when her period was due, it doesn't sound like she tested early, because I doubt she could go days without telling Mahmo. She's been conditioned to tell her everything. 

dh and I were ttc for about 6 months. It was a day or two before I was due, but I felt *off.* Just *wrong* in a weird way. Got a very very faint positive but didn't tell my husband until later that day, because I wasn't sure. Tested again two days later. Bingo.

• Like 5

Pat's Insurance is about to run out, so she and Pa will be moving in with Jill for a while. They moved the boys to the attic and used their bedroom downstairs. 

I think it will be too much stimulation, but Jill thinks otherwise. Good luck maneuvering that wheelchair through that firetrap of a house. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 14
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Pat's Insurance is about to run out, so she and Pa will be moving in with Jill for a while. They moved the boys to the attic and used their bedroom downstairs. 

I think it will be too much stimulation, but Jill thinks otherwise. Good luck maneuvering that wheelchair through that firetrap of a house. 

Can you imagine how Jill will complain about the work involved, but say it's an honor (or something like that). Always the martyr.

• Like 11

Does Jill know the twins beds she has pushed together are footboard and footboard and headboard and headboard? Were they bunks before?

The room should have a bed, nightstands, dresser and chair - nothing else. There's two dressers, a TV stand that Jill is calling a "desk", a dining room hutch, an office chair and a shredder(?) in the room. Why? And I don't know how its possible, but each piece of furniture is a different style, different height and different color. The room looks like a space in an consignment shop.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

It looks like they dinged the paint in a few places, moving all that used furniture around. That upstairs attic bedroom, miles away from a bathroom seems like an unpleasant move for the boys. Just how many are crammed into that room now? I didn't see any pics of that room! 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Along with many other things, I don’t understand why they didn’t get a hospital bed.

They do not have the $ for it? So ma has no Medicaid/Medicare? Usually insurance pay for the bed.

(I think . I don’t know)

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 2

Oh good heavens.   Was there NO ONE else to take in Ma and Pa?

Look Ma and Pa are partially responsible for Jill, they homeschooled her and raised her in these hateful beliefs.   But even for that they don't deserve to be stuck living in Jill's house.   Too many people.   Jill's insane hours.   The last thing Renee needs is carrying for ANOTHER person because BME is too busy grifting to actually care for anyone but herself.   Ma needs peace and quiet, not Jill constantly fiddling with her hair and slapping make up on her so Jill can get social media posts to grift with.   

Although I see it has an end date.   I did wonder what would happen when Jill went off on another "vacation."   

The whole thing is shades of Grandpa Duggar being wheeled around in an office chair.   

• Like 7
  • Sad 15
44 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Timbits is in a camper. hope he isn’t frozen to death and it has a bathroom.

According to Reddit, he’s in PA visiting another family . . . 😳

33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

They do not have the $ for it? So ma has no Medicaid/Medicare? Usually insurance pay for the bed.

(I think . I don’t know)

Medicare Part A generally only pays for 30 days or so in rehab. They must not pay for Part B. American exceptionalism! 😢

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

According to Reddit, he’s in PA visiting another family . . . 😳

Good heavens, is Jill allowing a Rodlet not to be with family at Christmas?  I imagine he'll probably be back tomorrow for the burned ham and the beige pots of icky stuff.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Good heavens, is Jill allowing a Rodlet not to be with family at Christmas?  I imagine he'll probably be back tomorrow for the burned ham and the beige pots of icky stuff.

I imagine Jill made Tim pay for the Xmas dinner for the family lol. Small price to pay to avoid Jill and ofJill for  a few days!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Medicare will actually pay up to 90 days in rehab and will kick in for some lifetime reserve, but it isn't covered 100% and only if the patient is progressing in rehab.  

My guess is Pat quit progressing or they couldn't fund the balance that Medicare doesn't cover.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 5
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Medicare will actually pay up to 90 days in rehab and will kick in for some lifetime reserve, but it isn't covered 100% and only if the patient is progressing in rehab.  

Yeah one of my coworkers recently experienced this with her father. He was in a rehab facility for right at 90 days after having a leg amputated (he's also blind), and I remember her talking about the coverage deadline pending. I don't know the ins and outs of when it's 30 versus 90, though. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah one of my coworkers recently experienced this with her father. He was in a rehab facility for right at 90 days after having a leg amputated (he's also blind), and I remember her talking about the coverage deadline pending. I don't know the ins and outs of when it's 30 versus 90, though. 

20 to 30 days is the first review to see if progress is being made or if the person is close enough back to original function.  The facility has to do paperwork so they have to think it's worth going through the process.  The co-pay also changes about then I think.  

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

(I think . I don’t know)

Hospice will provide a hospital bed, but we had already bought one when my dad  was still on Medicare.  Hospital beds are also available to rent from hospital supply places.  But I don't know think Medicare will provide one.

2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Hospice will provide a hospital bed, but we had already bought one when my dad  was still on Medicare.  Hospital beds are also available to rent from hospital supply places.  But I don't know think Medicare will provide one.

That bed needs railings. As it looks now, it's dangerous.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And useless in my opinion.

A few thoughts, she needs a hospital bed because, the height can be adjusted for different reasons. Lowest position, while she’s in bed . A bit higher for transferring, and set at the proper height for the person providing care while she’s in bed. Side rails, definitely.

I know things vary, but in my experience, with a doctor’s order, stating her condition and reason for needing the bed, she can get one and it would be covered.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There are also side railings available for regular beds.  "Magic Rails" is the one I found for a neighbor.  Ma would not have railings up on her bed if she was in a facility.  Nursing homes and hospitals make it very clear that rails are a form of restraint.  My dad kept falling when he tried to get out of bed without help, and the staff lowered his (hospital) bed all the way to the ground and put a fall mat next to it.  That way he would  roll out instead of fall out.  It seems to me that a patient would need a bed rail for safety, but that is not the way the law sees it.  You cannot restrain a patient.  I was actually told that "a patient has the right to fall".  But you can have rails on a bed at home.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2

From Medicare.Gov

Hospital beds

Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)

covers hospital beds as durable medical equipment (DME) that your doctor prescribes for use in your home.

Your costs in Original Medicare

After you meet the 

Part B Deductible

, you pay 20% of the  

Medicare-Approved Amount

(if your supplier accepts  

assignment

). Medicare pays for different kinds of DME in different ways. Depending on the type of equipment:

You may need to rent the equipment.

You may need to buy the equipment.

You may be able to choose whether to rent or buy the equipment.

Medicare will only cover your DME if your doctors and DME suppliers are enrolled in Medicare. Doctors and suppliers have to meet strict standards to enroll and stay enrolled in Medicare. If your doctors or suppliers aren’t enrolled, Medicare won’t pay the claims they submit. 

Make sure your doctors and DME suppliers are enrolled in Medicare. It’s also important to ask a supplier if they participate in Medicare before you get DME. If suppliers are participating in Medicare, they must accept assignment (which means, they can charge you only the coinsurance and Part B deductible for the Medicare‑approved amount). If suppliers aren’t participating and don’t accept assignment, there’s no limit on the amount they can charge you. 

3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It seems to me that a patient would need a bed rail for safety, but that is not the way the law sees it.  You cannot restrain a patient.  I was actually told that "a patient has the right to fall".  But you can have rails on a bed at home.

I've lived through that one three times.  Restraint becomes a big issue with many dementia patients.

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And useless in my opinion.

A few thoughts, she needs a hospital bed because, the height can be adjusted for different reasons. Lowest position, while she’s in bed . A bit higher for transferring, and set at the proper height for the person providing care while she’s in bed. Side rails, definitely.

I know things vary, but in my experience, with a doctor’s order, stating her condition and reason for needing the bed, she can get one and it would be covered.

If she doesn’t pay for Medicare Part B, I don’t think it would be covered. Part A is hospital only, no medications or durable medical equipment.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I know I shouldn't waste my energy getting upset with the Rod's anymore, but... My mom has severe mobility issues (but can walk with a walker) and we've had to  do a lot to retrofit their house for her (new toilets, grab bars, a walk in shower with seat, bed  rails, a chair lift). We're even getting my aunt and uncle to bring over Christmas dinner tomorrow because they have two fairly major sets of stairs at their place and while Mom can manage them with help, she's really afraid of falling. Luckily, between insurance and more government support (not US) my folks have managed the retrofit, but it just horrifies me that Jill thinks two shoved together twin beds are enough for a medically fragile senior. It also makes me sad that there doesn't seem to be any requirement on the part of the medical providers or social services to make sure Ma is being released to a safe and suitable place. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
16 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

It also makes me sad that there doesn't seem to be any requirement on the part of the medical providers or social services to make sure Ma is being released to a safe and suitable place. 

There is so much I could say about this. I will spare everyone my rant. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

If she doesn’t pay for Medicare Part B, I don’t think it would be covered. Part A is hospital only, no medications or durable medical equipment.

As the quote says that is Part B coverage. It’s hard for me to imagine people not taking Part B, but I’m sure it happens.

29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

As the quote says that is Part B coverage. It’s hard for me to imagine people not taking Part B, but I’m sure it happens.

Just as it is hard for me to believe that people don’t take Part D or a Medigap  supplement.  

• Sad 3
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I bet money was an issue. I doubt Tim has a pension, and they aren't wealthy. Their only asset, as far as I can tell, is their home. Could they sell and live with Jill indefinitely in order to afford Part B for Ma? I don't think Jill would do it. 

• Like 4