Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just saw the announcement. Sigh.

eta According to a pregnancy calculator, based on her 8/28 due date, she's all of 4w3d pregnant. So, she basically just found out herself. 

That's about as an early of an announcement as I've ever seen. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 14

That just makes me sad. 4 weeks is way too early to announce to the whole world. I hope nothing goes wrong. I really hate that she's pregnant so soon. She'll never have a chance at life. It's sickening how much they hold their kids back.

• Like 5
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 10

Those shirts.   Those two are too emotionally stunted to become parents.   Also 4 weeks is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to announce.   There's a reason you wait until after the first trimester.   

4 hours ago, beckie said:

I hope it's a boy.

And if Tim is really courting Jonathan's cousin, I hope Jill keeps out of it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.   Jill keep out of it?   Not on your tintype.  I don't know how they kept her from making the wedding all about her, but that was a darn Thanksgiving miracle.   Jill will NOT allow that to happen again.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

@AstridM I can bellieve Timothy is courting Jonathan's cousin, but she may want to keep it quiet for a while. Also, Jill has way more sway over Kaylee's pregnancy announcement than Timothy's courtship- I could see the girl's mother butting heads with her which would be interesting. Jill probably wouldnt want Timothy to court a girl with a personality that could go toe to toe with her, but how old is Timothy now? There is more of a pressure to get the fundy guys married off if they express an interest to do so, to keep them from "sinning".

• Like 3

I agree that it is way too early to announce a pregnancy. For Jill, it is all about getting attention. However, if something unfortunate happens and there is a loss of the pregnancy, Jill can get a lot of mileage out of that too. She can be brokenhearted and need to be consoled with offerings of food from the church, and donations to a "Go to fund me and Hunk a vacation." Kaylee and Jonathan's feelings are completely beside the point!! 

Edited by Liddy52
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Sad 6
  • Fire 2

This is just crazy.  They must have either been SUPER lucky out of the gate or they boinked non-stop from the minute they left the reception till they tested positive.  And the tests must have commenced immediately after Kaylee lost her V-card. She literally has not missed her first period yet!!!!!  Hoping baby is healthy and that they have enough time to grow something of a partnership before baby comes.  Yikes.  

• Like 13
  • Sad 7
Just now, Lady Edith said:

This is just crazy.  They must have either been SUPER lucky out of the gate or they boinked non-stop from the minute they left the reception till they tested positive.  And the tests must have commenced immediately after Kaylee lost her V-card. She literally has not missed her first period yet!!!!!  Hoping baby is healthy and that they have enough time to grow something of a partnership before baby comes.  Yikes.  

I am 37, and none of my friends are fundy, but it has been common for them to test before a missed period if they are TTC (I think its just a thing people do now). Assuming Kaylee's cycle is around 28days, her period has been missed (the last one started 31ish days ago), I can firmly believe she started testing 7 days ago, or at least the day her period was due and it didnt arrive. 

• Like 8
26 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am 37, and none of my friends are fundy, but it has been common for them to test before a missed period if they are TTC (I think its just a thing people do now). Assuming Kaylee's cycle is around 28days, her period has been missed (the last one started 31ish days ago), I can firmly believe she started testing 7 days ago, or at least the day her period was due and it didnt arrive. 

All true.  The new tests are accurate enough to pick up before a missed period.  After three miscarriages, my daughter's OB even told her to test early and call the minute she saw the faintest line so they could do hormone blood testing.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

All true.  The new tests are accurate enough to pick up before a missed period.  After three miscarriages, my daughter's OB even told her to test early and call the minute she saw the faintest line so they could do hormone blood testing.

Yeah, I am the only childfree woman (who's not an ob/gyn) I know with a BabyMed app on my phone, to follow along with friends in support. Kaylee testing and telling her family doesn't surprise me (I have gotten a number of photos of positive tests in the past decade), Jill announcing it ON THE INTERNET to strangers is the surprising part. (but this is Jill of course)

Kaylee sharing with people she has a personal connection with is not atypical. Personally I am all for what the pregnant person wants to do, if they want to tell people, they should feel comfortable doing so, and if the pregnancy ends early, at least they have support. Nothing shameful in that. And if people dont want to share until they are crowning, thats their choice too!

• Like 13
  • Love 1

It isn't and shouldn't be Jill's news to share, but we all know how everything is Jill's and she doesn't recognize personal boundaries.  Until her children recognize they don't have to follow all of Jill's rules, they're stuck.  I'm hoping Jill gets overwhelmed and can't keep up and also that eventually one of the kids marries someone a bit stealth who goes along until after marriage and then cuts Jill off so they can all see they don't have to do as Jill wishes.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I agree that it is way too early to announce a pregnancy. For Jill, it is all about getting attention. However, if something unfortunate happens and there is a loss of the pregnancy, Jill can get a lot of mileage out of that too. She can be brokenhearted and need to be consoled with offerings of food from the church, and donations to a "Go to fund me and Hunk a vacation." Kaylee and Jonathan's feelings are completely beside the point!! 

JillR has made her own miscarriages, ie the SEVERE miscarriages, into a way for attention, so her children, if one had a miscarriage, would be fair game in her mind.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@AstridM I can bellieve Timothy is courting Jonathan's cousin, but she may want to keep it quiet for a while. Also, Jill has way more sway over Kaylee's pregnancy announcement than Timothy's courtship- I could see the girl's mother butting heads with her which would be interesting. Jill probably wouldnt want Timothy to court a girl with a personality that could go toe to toe with her, but how old is Timothy now? There is more of a pressure to get the fundy guys married off if they express an interest to do so, to keep them from "sinning".

Is one of Jonathan’s aunts in JillR’s Plexus upline? Give her enough Plexus and even Timbits might look attractive.

• Sad 3
  • LOL 6
56 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah, I am the only childfree woman (who's not an ob/gyn) I know with a BabyMed app on my phone, to follow along with friends in support. Kaylee testing and telling her family doesn't surprise me (I have gotten a number of photos of positive tests in the past decade), Jill announcing it ON THE INTERNET to strangers is the surprising part. (but this is Jill of course)

Kaylee sharing with people she has a personal connection with is not atypical. Personally I am all for what the pregnant person wants to do, if they want to tell people, they should feel comfortable doing so, and if the pregnancy ends early, at least they have support. Nothing shameful in that. And if people dont want to share until they are crowning, thats their choice too!

If Kaylee didn’t want to share her news with strangers on the internet, too bad. I’m sure Jill didn’t give her a choice in the matter. 🥲

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

So is the thing about Timcel courting Jonathan's 18-year-old cousin true or not true?

It hasn’t been confirmed but it seems within the realm of possibility. This would be an unrelated girl, from a like minded family that Tim could’ve had a chance to meet/chat with at the wedding. 

• Like 1

They might be in the earliest stages of a relationship, what the Duggars used to call the "getting to know you" phase. That would be too soon to announce a courtship. Even for Jill. 

And with Timcel's stated stance towards women, it's going to be a slog. He has openly admitted to being "curt" with females who aren't his sisters. How is he going to be able to get to know any godly young woman with that attitude?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jill posted a couple of videos of Kaylee announcing to the family. Kaylee has known since last Sunday, at least that's when she told Jill. They apparently bought their lovely shirts Tuesday night. So Kaylee was likely testing when her period was due, it doesn't sound like she tested early, because I doubt she could go days without telling Mahmo. She's been conditioned to tell her everything. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think the ship not only sailed but crossed the horizon.

My SIL had one at Jill's age, a "I thought it was menopause" baby. But she hadn't had 13 beforehand, or even one, so her body was in much better shape. Jill's ship sailed years ago.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DeeReynolds said:

Do these girls literally plan their weddings/honeymoons around when they would be ovulating? The ink on the marriage certificate is barely dry!

I checked a pregnancy app, and the window for conception for the 8/28 due date is 11/28-12/4. So, this conception happened in that weird bed at home, almost a month after the wedding.

• Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It hasn’t been confirmed but it seems within the realm of possibility. This would be an unrelated girl, from a like minded family that Tim could’ve had a chance to meet/chat with at the wedding. 

Maybe, just maybe, Tim will find a girl who has a mother or an aunt who will accept and treat him like Hilaria has looked after Claire's husband.  It would be so great if he found a mother-in-law who actually liked him and would look after him.  That is about the only hope he has.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Maybe, just maybe, Tim will find a girl who has a mother or an aunt who will accept and treat him like Hilaria has looked after Claire's husband.  It would be so great if he found a mother-in-law who actually liked him and would look after him.  That is about the only hope he has.

That's my hope for Samuel or Gabriel.  For my money Tim can deal with it himself.  He's so smug seeming that I can't warm to hoping he's rescued.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That's my hope for Samuel or Gabriel.  For my money Tim can deal with it himself.  He's so smug seeming that I can't warm to hoping he's rescued.

I get what you mean, but I'm hoping that the smugness is an instilled "attribute" from his mother, or maybe a coping mechanism.  My mother was very self-centered and you have to learn to cope.  I can't imagine being one of Jill's children.  You may be correct, and he is just a smug fool.  I'm hoping that he would have a change of attitude if he had someone that really cared about him--and not just in a post to show how great a mother she is.  I just feel so sorry for all of these kids, and now grandkids.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

I know I am very old, before over the counter pregnancy tests, so I had a blood test when I missed period back in the way back days.  It came back positive.  And then a little while later I got my period.  The dr. said it was a false positive.  I hope poor Notnurie doesn't have the same issue.

When or not do these girls realize that they are not happy and don't like being pregnant for Momma (or Jesus).  Or is that emotion so far suppressed it never surfaces?

• Like 5

So I wonder what kind of “talk”, if any, Jill had with Kaylee before the wedding?    As in what really to expect?  And how does a parent suddenly shift gears from “you will go to hell if you do this” to “do it as often as you can because you are now righteously bonded and YOU NEED TO MAKE BABIES!!!” Literally within the span of an hour-long church service a young woman goes from total fear of sex to being required to do it on demand. That has to be psychologically traumatizing to the couple, but especially the young woman who is probably terrified of both the act and what comes after. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 5
45 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

n the case of these people that ornament should probably say 'our only Christmas together as a childless married couple'.

My parents had just one childless Christmas, but the difference was that they were married in September, my mom didn't become pregnant until February, and it was during the prime baby boomer years.  They also used birth control.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

My parents had just one childless Christmas, but the difference was that they were married in September, my mom didn't become pregnant until February, and it was during the prime baby boomer years.  They also used birth control.

My mom was pregnant with my older brother when my parents got married**.  They were married in June and he was born on New Years Day.  Next Christmas and mom was pregnant with me.  Then they figured out how to slow the baby train down for the better part of a decade before having 2 more kids and finally got off that train.  Life happens.  My parents didn't plan on having 4 kids in the way they did.

**This is the one thing we never speak of in my family though we have all done the math.

• Like 8

I don’t think it’s that Johnathan and Kaylee will only have one Christmas as a married couple without children. It’s that these two are just legal adults themselves, have barely been able to do anything, and now will be responsible for another human being. And many human beings after that (assuming there isn’t a medical issue or they don’t leave the faith). 

This isn’t two 30somethings who have lived a little bit and decided they wanted to have kids right away. This isn’t two 20 somethings who in their excitement over partnered sex messed up their contraceptives and know they have the OPTION to spread out their kids because they are so young. 

These are two people that are living the only option that was ever presented to them as possible. And another 20yrs of pregnancy and childbirth ahead of Kaylee. It sounds exhausting. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1