Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Even if Ma WANTED to walk down the aisle, it is fine to be encouraging and supportive of her goal but also to make it clear that her presence, walking or not, was the most important thing and, if it seemed the walk was too much, then sit down and ride like the queen she is.  Decorate her damn** wheelchair and let her know it's all about her presence and doing whatever is needed to make that happen.

Also make sure she has the option to opt out of anything at any time and assign someone to take her outside or even back to the hotel whenever she wanted.

Very well said. Don't make her feel like something is wrong with her or she isn't "good enough" because she can't walk down the aisle or "party" the night away. Make her feel special because you love her as is, in any condition and she is an important part of the day. 

4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I still can’t believe Jill got 115 people to give her $6500 on go fund me. So many people like the Rodrigues family ? 

Maybe its no the Rods but Pat and Tim they like. 

Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

Did Ma walk down the aisle at Nurie's wedding?

I can't remember

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill lives in a fantasy reality tv show / soap opera of her own creation. Look at my Hunk and our wonderful Godly traveling RV family life. Oh look we live in Amish country isn’t it a wonderful life ?

My wonderful hunk is such a hard working provider for our family. He even fixes our RV. And he takes me out on wonderful date nights just the 2 of us. Blah blah blah.

and I sell plexus and my wonderful hubster lets me and approves of me making income. 

Are you all jealous??? 

Thats it exactly.  She has a vision of being the perfect family that everyone wants to emulate.  All her posts are in support of the fantasy.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Very well said. Don't make her feel like something is wrong with her or she isn't "good enough" because she can't walk down the aisle or "party" the night away. Make her feel special because you love her as is, in any condition and she is an important part of the day. 

Maybe its no the Rods but Pat and Tim they like. 

I can't remember

Nobody remembers, because the grandmother of the bride is not part of the formal procession anyway.  All the guests walk down the aisle before the ceremony begins, including grandmas.  If Jill hadn't insisted on making a big dam* deal about it and hadn't posted a zillion times about how Grandma was going to march down the aisle despite her recent stroke; nobody would've cared.  It didn't matter and Jill should've never insisted that it did.

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

Even if Ma WANTED to walk down the aisle, it is fine to be encouraging and supportive of her goal but also to make it clear that her presence, walking or not, was the most important thing and, if it seemed the walk was too much, then sit down and ride like the queen she is.  Decorate her damn** wheelchair and let her know it's all about her presence and doing whatever is needed to make that happen.

Also make sure she has the option to opt out of anything at any time and assign someone to take her outside or even back to the hotel whenever she wanted.

Pa Noyes should have been the one to make decisions about Ma's health, but who knows if he said anything. Did he think dragging Ma down the aisle and staying a long time at an event that was probably tiring and overstimulating to her was a good idea, or are he and the others in that family afraid to cross Jill? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Pa Noyes should have been the one to make decisions about Ma's health, but who knows if he said anything. Did he think dragging Ma down the aisle and staying a long time at an event that was probably tiring and overstimulating to her was a good idea, or are he and the others in that family afraid to cross Jill? 

Pa Noyes is part of the patriarchal fundamentalist society that produced Jill.  His wife homeschooled their kids, quite poorly, in fact.  I've got no reason to believe that, as Ma's headship, he wasn't front and center with Jill, telling Mama she needed to walk into the wedding just to prove how godly and special they all are.

Pa's got as much or more invested in the 'perfect Christian family' as Jill does.

• Like 6
  • Sad 12

What soap commercials is Jill talking about? She’s in my age group, and the soap commercials that aired when we were growing up always featured some half naked actor with a Tom Selleck chest bush lathering up in the woods. Were those ungodly? The only current soap commercials I can think of are Dove, and they’re definitely not peddling sex. Maybe the map shows things differently.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

What soap commercials is Jill talking about? She’s in my age group, and the soap commercials that aired when we were growing up always featured some half naked actor with a Tom Selleck chest bush lathering up in the woods. Were those ungodly? The only current soap commercials I can think of are Dove, and they’re definitely not peddling sex. Maybe the map shows things differently.

Yes, I think the big soap commercial I see it probably Dove. Don't they sometimes show women in a shower sometimes? Maybe that is what she is thinking? 

• Useful 1

Doesn’t Dove show women of all body types?  That in itself would be enough to set Jill off - women of color, larger body types, women with short hair, etc.  Dont you know that only slim white women should be selling stuff?  😎

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

Doesn’t Dove show women of all body types?  That in itself would be enough to set Jill off - women of color, larger body types, women with short hair, etc.  Dont you know that only slim white women should be selling stuff?  😎

Ah, I think you’re right. I’d almost forgotten about Jill’s crusade against “fat, blue-haired” moms at Walmart. A rant that she of course attributed to one of her daughters.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Also Jill: We love everybody!

That addendum makes me snort everytime I see it.

Sure, Jill, of course, you love those obviously godless fat ladies with blue hair and tattoos and their babies and friends or grandmas and without a man in sight. That's why you felt the need to scornfully single them out with nasty, baseless assumptions that nobody gives a shit about whether they're true or not.

I felt like such a lunatic even typing out a mocking quote. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

So Kaylee is attributed with fat, blue haired women, and Nurie gets credit for sluttish. 

Jill really thinks by doing this she will get credit for raising her daughters "right." I do wonder what kind of reaction she got from her sycophants (yes, she has a few). 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Rouge comma!
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

A good Baptist church, good thing they avoided a shitty one. Between churches and Olive Garden's, life is rough for Fundies. 

I was just coming here to ask if the "Good" Baptist Church is like the "Nice" Olive Garden, and of course it is. Can't have her precious little Kaylee attend a non-IFB church, imagine the scandal if they stopped by a Southern Baptist church? Jill would never be able to show her face in public again. 

And I know Plexus has to word things like so to avoid the FDA but really? Classy. 

Screenshot_20221129-071030~2.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A good Baptist church, good thing they avoided a shitty one. Between churches and Olive Gardens, life is rough for Fundies. 

So a good Baptist church. I think there is one of those in my neighborhood that I went to years ago. I walked in and I was the only woman wearing pants; this was the last Sunday in December so it was cold.  The people talked in tongues; I have never dealt with that in a Baptist church.  I wanted to escape but where I was sitting made it impossible.  Now on my way home I think of that as the "bad (or weird) Baptist church."  They need to put it was a Pentecostal church on their sign. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 3
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Why did Kaylee bring a white wedding dress on her honeymoon? Was she not feeling married enough after her first wedding?

They need to let the strangers at the good church know they are NEWLYWEDS or some Jill type might think they are having the sex without Jesus approval. (Because you know if a young couple showed up at her church she would launch an inquisition) 

• Like 2
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Trillium said:

They need to let the strangers at the good church know they are NEWLYWEDS or some Jill type might think they are having the sex without Jesus approval. (Because you know if a young couple showed up at her church she would launch an inquisition) 

That's probably true. The wedding rings aren't enough. Now, if I were flying somewhere for a visit in winter, I'd pack items that would be useful for everyday activities. Kaylee's white gown hogged most of her suitcase. It's also not a dress most people wear to church on Sunday, not even to a "good, Baptist Church." Jon's belt clip phone case, on the other hand, can go everywhere. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I bet people think who is that raccoon eyed sluttish single unmarried hussy with a litter of kids every time Jill is anywhere without her precious hunky hubster.

Good baptist church? What is that? And after one visit they determined it was a good church ?

I hate Jilly muffin more and more daily. 

And stop posting kissing pictures I don’t want to see them!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ColteesSpeedont said:

I was just coming here to ask if the "Good" Baptist Church is like the "Nice" Olive Garden, and of course it is. Can't have her precious little Kaylee attend a non-IFB church, imagine the scandal if they stopped by a Southern Baptist church? Jill would never be able to show her face in public again. 

And I know Plexus has to word things like so to avoid the FDA but really? Classy. 

Screenshot_20221129-071030~2.png

See that’s when a normal person goes to an actual doctor to find a cause/treatment. Chugging Plexass isn’t going to cure/treat anything. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And speaking of mothering, let's not forget the time at the campground when Jill and David wanted some sweet fellowship during day, so they sent Nurie and maybe Kaylee with all the little kids to the gift shop and game room. The kids were apparently running wild (probably had no money to play any of the games), so they were told to leave. BME framed that as an attack on the "right" kind of godly family. A tattooed, blue-haired woman taking care of her kids is a problem, but a makeup-caked blond who can't be bothered to take care of hers is God's ideal. 

Picturing Jill and Dave doing lotion time in the RV or anywhere makes me nauseous. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee Jill forgets that maybe they have a HUSBAND who is at WORK. 

That was one of her worst arguments.

It really is- I could not agree more. In most households were the man is the breadwinner and the woman is the caregiver, the man is not OUT shopping with the babies/children because he is WORKING to provide. (and household errands are the responsibility of the woman)

My Mom is 74, and grew up in a "mom at home, dad working" family, and even in the black community (where it was more common for women to work outside the home) most of the time when you saw men out with babies/kids doing errands during the day it was grandpa, elderly uncle so and so because younger men were at WORK during the day. And if a woman was ill and unable to care for her children (or needed help) another woman in the community would help her out, again because the breadwinner husband was at WORK.

Does Kaylee really think her new husband will have all this time to hang out with her and her kids in the middle of the day on a regular basis? (I am not speaking of family outings/holidays/vacations, but just a general occurance)

Also you rarely see babies because babies are rare- humans are only babies for a year. For the record I am not saying breadwinners (male or female) dont spend time with their kids, but its usually during non typical work hours if you work a standard M-F, 9-5 schedule. 

18 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I like this dress better than the wedding dress.

They look nice together. 

It is a nice dress, a little fancy for church no? I would think this was a dance dress for a reception, or a more casual wedding dress (I know they dont dance).

• Applause 5
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It really is- I could not agree more. In most households were the man is the breadwinner and the woman is the caregiver, the man is not OUT shopping with the babies/children because he is WORKING to provide. (and household errands are the responsibility of the woman)

My Mom is 74, and grew up in a "mom at home, dad working" family, and even in the black community (where it was more common for women to work outside the home) most of the time when you saw men out with babies/kids doing errands during the day it was grandpa, elderly uncle so and so because younger men were at WORK during the day. And if a woman was ill and unable to care for her children (or needed help) another woman in the community would help her out, again because the breadwinner husband was at WORK.

Does Kaylee really think her new husband will have all this time to hang out with her and her kids in the middle of the day on a regular basis? (I am not speaking of family outings/holidays/vacations, but just a general occurance)

Also you rarely see babies because babies are rare- humans are only babies for a year. For the record I am not saying breadwinners (male or female) dont spend time with their kids, but its usually during non typical work hours if you work a standard M-F, 9-5 schedule. 

It is a nice dress, a little fancy for church no? I would think this was a dance dress for a reception, or a more casual wedding dress (I know they dont dance).

When I was little, while my dad was working (and he worked long hours), my mom would take me with her to the stores, out for lunch, to Santa's village, the zoo. She had a best friend who's husband, my dad's best friend, worked as well, so she was always with us her with her two kids. This was when we weren't in school or during summer breaks. Neither was  "single" fat, blue haired mom or grandma.... (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Jill really is an arrogant b----. Has she looked in the mirror? Has she looked at Hunk? Idiot. 

• Like 3
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes.   Because that is all she knows.   Her dad "works" from home and is always around why wouldn't her husband be?

Remember Jill Duggar Dillard had trouble adjusting to her husband not being around 24/7 when she was first married.   He worked at WalMart and had regular hours.   So she would go there and hang out.   I think it got him in trouble.    Then when he was in law school, she was always in the same room with him because that is what she was used to growing up.   It affected his ability to study.   But again, she didn't know any better.   These girls are raised in VERY insular families with little outside influence.   They only know what they see in their homes.   So they have no concept of a family where someone leaves the house every day to go to work and comes home in the evening.   Or of having to run errands by yourself or with just you and the kids.   Because they come from families where everyone is together ALL THE DAMN TIME, they think that is way it should be and everyone else is weird.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Yes.   Because that is all she knows.   Her dad "works" from home and is always around why wouldn't her husband be?

Remember Jill Duggar Dillard had trouble adjusting to her husband not being around 24/7 when she was first married.   He worked at WalMart and had regular hours.   So she would go there and hang out.   I think it got him in trouble.    Then when he was in law school, she was always in the same room with him because that is what she was used to growing up.   It affected his ability to study.   But again, she didn't know any better.   These girls are raised in VERY insular families with little outside influence.   They only know what they see in their homes.   So they have no concept of a family where someone leaves the house every day to go to work and comes home in the evening.   Or of having to run errands by yourself or with just you and the kids.   Because they come from families where everyone is together ALL THE DAMN TIME, they think that is way it should be and everyone else is weird.

You have a very good point! Thanks. I was not thinking that Kaylee only knows what she has seen in her home. I do remember Jill going to Derrick's job at Walmart! Not to pick him up/drop him off, but just to show up.

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

When I was little, while my dad was working (and he worked long hours), my mom would take me with her to the stores, out for lunch, to Santa's village, the zoo. She had a best friend who's husband, my dad's best friend, worked as well, so she was always with us her with her two kids. This was when we weren't in school or during summer breaks. Neither was  "single" fat, blue haired mom or grandma.... (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Jill really is an arrogant b----. Has she looked in the mirror? Has she looked at Hunk? Idiot. 

Jill is arrogant. And her thinking is so twisted, it's like she has to twist the world to make herself the most godly woman that ever lived. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Good baptist church? What is that? And after one visit they determined it was a good church ?

I'm sure they scouted that out online before the honeymoon.  There's a website that lists the KJV only Baptist churches throughout the nation.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

Jill is out often with just her daughters, but she has a wedding ring on to prove she is married. It doesn't prove she's married to a man, but is does indicate she has a spouse.

What Jill doesn't realize is no one gives a shit if the adults out solo with kids are married or not and no one is looking at her hands.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I'm sure they scouted that out online before the honeymoon.  There's a website that lists the KJV only Baptist churches throughout the nation.

A good Baptist Church according to Jilly Bean is one that they can rake in the big donation bucks.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why did Kaylee bring a white wedding dress on her honeymoon? Was she not feeling married enough after her first wedding?

The white dress that Kaylee is wearing in the “good Baptist church” picture is so much nicer/prettier than Nurie’s wedding dress was.  It’s too bad that Nurie didn’t have it to wear for her wedding.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Picturing Jill and Dave doing lotion time in the RV or anywhere makes me nauseous. 

How else will they get more arrows in their quiver, more flowers in their garden (Michelle Duggar)?  Jill and David are the only ones with a private room and bed to themselves, so I'm sure the van rocks on occasion. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 3

Forum Friends, if you haven’t yet checked out this Instagram page:  anotnurie_rodrigues then you must.  It displays just what a batshit crazy bitch Jill truly is.  You don’t have to have an IG account yourself in order to have access to it.  Mods, if it’s against the rules for me to post this, I’m sorry and please delete my post.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Is Jonathan copping a feel with his fingertips? The placement of his hand looks odd. 

That dress looked better than Kaylee's actual wedding dress. 

Pretty sure the poster upthread was right, and this was her bridal shower gown. I remember a white dress, but the only pictures I remember of her were sitting down, so I can't come to a definitive conclusion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Oh heavens a new place on the griftathon tour?

I think the only stops on the grifting tour are places BME likes to go such as Florida. Or near the Amish. Plus they have a few churches they stop by regularly, these are probably where they know they will grift enough $$.

• Like 4