Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

And yes, we do not have our bathrooms connected to the bedrooms. Some even have bathrooms in the ground floor and bedrooms upstairs. So it is interesting to me to read about your view on the housing. I like learning new stuff

There are plenty of old houses in the US with just one bathroom, and on the first floor too. A house as old as that looks to be and in a rural area too may not have had a bathroom at all when it was built, just an outhouse. Later a first floor bathroom would be updated into a bathroom. Relatives of mine had a house where the first floor pantry became a bathroom.

All this talk about going in the middle of the night -- I didn't usually have to do that until I was in my forties. It's the first sign of old age creeping in.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

from the listing pics it appears both bathrooms are next to each other through the kitchen and adjacent to the laundry room. The house also has a full basement, so maybe they can rent a dungeon like space to samuel or phillip at some point.

the bathrooms are not large, and jill will make them feel so much smaller with her decorating skilz.

Screenshot (327).png

Screenshot (328).png

second is a 1/2 bath

Screenshot (329).png

• Useful 4

So apparently Nathan and Nurie made the trip back to Ohio with a one year old and a newborn for Thanksgiving? And they were just there 3 weeks ago for the wedding? That is a lot of traveling for Nurie. She was very pregnant for the first trip and now so soon after delivery. I wouldn't have wanted to do that. 

Edited to add: Or was this video of the hot sauce contest filmed when Nurthan was there for the wedding and Jill with her wonky timeline is just now posting it. I must confess that I didn't turn the sound on so I possibly misunderstood.

Edited by Liddy52
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

The thing with a small space, if you have even ONE thing not put away it looks cluttered.   So you have to be ultra organized and neat to make it look nice.   Jill's Hobby Lobbyesque "decor" will not help the situation.    But you know Kaylee will be too afraid of Mahmo's reaction if it is not on display at all times.   They don't even have the option of putting it in boxes and then bringing it out when she comes over because you KNOW she will be over using her keys (I would change the locks and forget to give her a new key) ALL THE DAMN TIME.  

• Sad 7
  • Love 4

The towel racks at the top and bottom of the stairs in the listing pics. It was a rental so I think maybe they were required to have "handrails". 

I think i have sort of figured out the layout from the pics in the listing and an aerial view of the house. I was confused thinking the front door faced the road. It actually faces a driveway on the side. The upstairs bedrooms face the road since the house across the street can be seen in the listing photos. so that sitting area upstairs has windows to the back. Not sure why they needed room darkening privacy curtains in there.

the bathrooms and laundry seem to be all in an addition to the house.

The neighbors on the front door side are pretty close. I bet some judgement by the rods is firmly in place as to the sluttishness of dress any females wear.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 11/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, libgirl2 said:

I have that round welcome sigh! Its from Aldi!

A person can't even walk around that bed! WTF?

I don’t think Jonathan made a wise investment when he bought that house.  Surely he could’ve gotten a better house than this one for not too much more money.  I wouldn’t sink one dime into that tin can they bought.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

What on earth is the point of having two bathrooms right next to each other? 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Less plumbing to run?

Yeah, and just to have an extra toilet if it's needed. Of course I know that plenty of people did okay with just one bathroom, but getting along with only one shower wouldnt bother me, only having one toilet can pose an issue- especially if it gets clogged or breaks. The extra half bath would add a lot of value IMO.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, oliviabenson said:

Jill is truly an awful person. So ugly inside and judgmental as heck.

It almost made me feel as though she was just using the rant to get to make all those "seductive" , "look at my beauty" faces. I bet she was just disappointed that she couldn't figure out a way to show more skin under the guise of demonstrating how ungodly these sluttish women are while she was at it!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

So apparently Nathan and Nurie made the trip back to Ohio with a one year old and a newborn for Thanksgiving? And they were just there 3 weeks ago for the wedding? That is a lot of traveling for Nurie. She was very pregnant for the first trip and now so soon after delivery. I wouldn't have wanted to do that. 

Edited to add: Or was this video of the hot sauce contest filmed when Nurthan was there for the wedding and Jill with her wonky timeline is just now posting it. I must confess that I didn't turn the sound on so I possibly misunderstood.

She was pictured (in Texas?) with the Pecans and Nathan's younger brother and his wife (and their newborn) right before Thanksgiving, so I think they spent it with the Keller side... still insane to travel so soon, but at least the food was better! 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Pictures of the house were shown before they bought it. There a full bathroom for sure 

I remember seeing the previous owner's (or tenant's) glasses on the bathroom counter. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill thinks the hot sauce video was “hilarious “, I disagree. Laughing with people is different from laughing at them. Jill laughs at them, in my opinion.

I went back and watched the video with sound after I asked if it occurred at Thanksgiving. I will agree that Jill's laughter hurt my ears because it was so piercing. She sounded like a maniac.  And she was definitely laughing at and not with. She didn't try any of the hot sauce herself. Jill has a real cruel streak.

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think Jonathan made a wise investment when he bought that house.  Surely he could’ve gotten a better house than this one for not too much more money.

Yes, but probably not one this close to Mahmo. I'm sure that when Jill found out there was a house for sale just a few miles from the barndo, she decided that was the one Jonathan would buy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
40 minutes ago, estellasmum said:

I feel like the answer to the question WWJD, in her mind, is point, laugh, and make sure to film it and post it for the world to see.

Except she would never accept people doing the same to her.  Rules only apply to her superficially, and she feels free to make her own rules.  She's a "do as I say, not what I do" person.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill thinks the hot sauce video was “hilarious “, I disagree. Laughing with people is different from laughing at them. Jill laughs at them, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is definitely laughing at people. 

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Specifically, she's laughing at a guy who has bought her countless meals and trinkets. She really has no shame.

It absolutely hurts to be laughed at and mocked, especially when you are a child earnestly doing your best and it’s YOUR FAMILY doing the mocking. Don’t ask me how I know.

Edited by LilJen
  • Hugs 9
  • Sad 17

It's entirely possible that Jonathan only qualified to buy that house. He's a kid with no education and not much work history. He's not going to be buying BF, Ohio's version of a McMansion right off the bat. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

It's entirely possible that Jonathan only qualified to buy that house. He's a kid with no education and not much work history. He's not going to be buying BF, Ohio's version of a McMansion right off the bat. 

They should have rented for a while instead of jumping into home ownership, imo. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think he shares his Murica shirt with his sons too.

That reminds me of Phillip's "graduation" photo in which he wears David's peach-colored dress shirt that completely swallows Phillip's apparently often-fasting frame. Any thrift shop that carries men's clothes has plenty of shirts. Can't the Rods spare two or three dollars for a couple more in different sizes? Jill appears to have plenty of clothes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
On 11/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, Albanyguy said:

What on earth is the point of having two bathrooms right next to each other? 

The house is only 900 sq ft.   There probably was a limited amount of suitable space to locate the bathrooms and and run the plumbing. They probably decided a bath and a half was more practical that a large full bath. Even so, it's not like anyone in the far ends of the house is all that far from a bathroom ever; that place is tiny.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4

The bathrooms and laundry are in an addition to the house.  They would have had to take out a bedroom and run plumbing upstairs to do about anything else and that would have been much more expensive and inconvenient to accomplish.  It's probably the most reasonable accommodation to modern plumbing the prior owners who did the addition could do.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1