Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, buy some nice clothes for your little ones. They look so sad in those ill fitting fancy dresses with t-shirts underneath. There are some very cute modest clothes options out there! No, but Jill  needs new stuff, meanwhile the little ones look like they live on the street. She is a bad mother. 

“Bad” doesn’t begin to describe what a terrible mother she is.  She may actually be the worst fundie mother of them all.  IMO she’s definitely the most narcissistic one.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Why wouldn’t the Rods take their kids to Silver Dollar City or some other places like that?  Because BME thinks there would be too many sinners there?

Because Jill won’t spent the $. She can take them swimming in a ditch for free.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 10
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Because Jill won’t spent the $. She can take them swimming for free.

I get that big families don't have the money to do a lot of things smaller families do, but one Jill chose to have all those kids, it isn't their faults. And two, Jill spends the money on herself and Hunk. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

At least the Duggar go to Silver Dollar City. These outings are just sad. Looking at an old historical mill with the youngest girls? I would have hated that at that age. 

If there's an entrance fee, they probably get in for free as they're so young.

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That’s when the sons-in-law will be expected to step up and send them a monthly check to support them in the style they’re accustomed to. Their own kids, of course, will be useless; the girls won’t be allowed to have jobs and the boys will never be able to earn enough to support themselves, much less their parents. It’s up to the girls to marry guys who can earn a decent living and are willing to pick up the tab. And if the sons-in-law ever balk, Jill will ladle on the emotional blackmail, beginning with “Honor thy mother and thy father” and ending with “My SEVERELY injured knee!”

I agree 200%. Once old age sets in Jill and Dave will expect the kids to financially take care of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

730CADDF-1F80-484C-86E5-E9BBDF5A5D87.jpeg

224EB2F1-9B23-4850-AEF1-BA1BD5713C68.jpeg

Calling them “girlies” is so creepy.

6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

They went shopping too.   So more $$$.   Because Jill is always looking for a bargain.   You know what the best bargain is?   Not spending money on useless stuff.   You know she bought more tchotkes for the Barndo.   Not anything the family NEEDS, like food and clothing.   

I guess I need to discovery Dog so I can go on endless vacations too.

Yep, she is so tone deaf talking about how much they love to shop when she’s always begging for money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I started watching the documentary the Family and this is kinda addressed in it.   Basically if you are God's Chosen, you can act any way you want because God has chosen you so it must be okay.   So in their world, Dog's favor means they are ENTITLED to endless vacations, because they have a full time ministry of spreading the word.  

I contemplated watching that but decided against it because I know it would make me too ragey.

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I started watching the documentary the Family and this is kinda addressed in it.   Basically if you are God's Chosen, you can act any way you want because God has chosen you so it must be okay.   So in their world, Dog's favor means they are ENTITLED to endless vacations, because they have a full time ministry of spreading the word.  

Except they only attempt to spread the word to those who already believe as they do. Preaching to the choir. That’s not what Jesus did.

ETA- I don’t consider her pathetic god bothering attempts in parking lots to be serious efforts to convert anyone 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

“Bad” doesn’t begin to describe what a terrible mother she is.  She may actually be the worst fundie mother of them all.  IMO she’s definitely the most narcissistic one.

Nah, the worst fundie mother of all is and will always be Debbie Pearl.  For all of Jill's many many faults, she's never co-written a book advocating child abuse.  Debbie has actual blood on her hands.

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
  • Love 2

You can't get blood out of a rock. The next gen Rods will have their own bills and kids to raise. Jill may take food out of her kids' mouths, but most folks won't. They're also watching JillR now, not contributing financially to her own parents. I think J&D are going to be shit out of luck and won't even have SS to help them through their old age.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I agree 200%. Once old age sets in Jill and Dave will expect the kids to financially take care of them.

I'm sure they will, but with what money?

How stupid do you have to be to ensure your kids have no job skills and no way to obtain them and expect them to take care of you financially?

ETA: and you've taught them to have as many kids as possible despite the lack of job skills and no way to obtain them? The Rod parents might be okay with taking kids out of their own kids' mouths to feed themselves, but most people wouldn't be...and they aren't going to prioritize their able-bodied parents over their own kids, either.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 9
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Nah, the worst fundie mother of all is and will always be Debbie Pearl.  For all of Jill's many many faults, she's never co-written a book advocating child abuse.  Debbie has actual blood on her hands.

Jill's daughters looked happier when they were staying at the Pearl's. Not a ringing endorsement for BME that your kids look happier when staying with a known child abuser. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Jill's daughters looked happier when they were staying at the Pearl's. Not a ringing endorsement for BME that your kids look happier when staying with a known child abuser. 

Could be that is was nice to not have to "perform" with a smile on your face all the time? Or maybe they had good meals and regular sleep, not wailing at 2am? Maybe it was just peaceful? 

I'm in no way endorsing those people but maybe it was just not Jill and her circus? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Jill is the best mahmo in Ohio (according to Jill)

she also has the nicest upstairs attic 

Jill is so modest but you can see her makeup from space

jill is so modest she swims in her street clothes 

her husband is so handy he did all the electrical/plumbing himself on their new home 

Only the best mahmo and daddy would shove 8 kids in 1 bedroom 

Jill spends more $ for decorations than food for the kids

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

This could be fun!

14. Do YOU have a decorated hot water heater in your closet? Yeah, didn't think so.

15. My extensive collection of stuffed animals

16. I know the location of the GOOD Olive Garden

17. My marvelous garden

18. My mad photography skills during church services

• LOL 22
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I never see the kids playing board games. Are they not allowed to even do that. The kids are bored all the time. 

But they are playing skits! Seriously, I used to play pretend when I was a little kid, not a teenager. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, all fall down said:

I went back and watched it again, and I think you might be right. Poor Olivia. 

From the going out to dinner pics, the mill pic and the skit night pic where the entire family is wearing the same clothes in each, I will say the whole bunch was at the mill and Jill filmed specifically to make it look like she just took the little girls. The mill is a free, self guided tour.

from the video with the little girlies113620157_Screenshot(287).thumb.png.c728703f4346b88c7dbdc4fe338c5b2b.png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

As you noted, the looming issue is the dwindling of the congregations of the faithful as the Boomer (my) generation ages out.

For which I am very thankful.  Since the IFB and such are generally drawing the bulk of their membership from 30% or less of the population, that may tend to help lower their numbers also.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That’s where they had their dinner at . Cost Nathan a pretty penny.

5A0F98C4-E854-49B2-B45A-5838A8E952BB.jpeg

Probably $275 to $300 before tip for 16 of them (didn't count Nemo), depending on how many kids' meals and drinks they ordered. I bet Jill and David don't hold back when Nathan is paying. 

Of course, David left the tip. I'm sure the waitstaff appreciated the smiley tracts. 

The theater tickets are $56 for an adult, $26 for a kid. Ouch. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

This could be fun!

14. Do YOU have a decorated hot water heater in your closet? Yeah, didn't think so.

15. My extensive collection of stuffed animals

16. I know the location of the GOOD Olive Garden

17. My marvelous garden

18. My mad photography skills during church services

19.  Ability to groom my girlies’ EYEBROWS into interesting shapes. 

• LOL 17

I have a friend who went up to PA with her mom and daughter last month.  She raved about the show. Those ticket prices are really good for the production values. The creators spare no expense, and they also do not censor the story.  The current production is about David from a boy to killing Goliath to becoming king even including Bathsheba.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a friend who went up to PA with her mom and daughter last month.  She raved about the show. Those ticket prices are really good for the production values. The creators spare no expense, and they also do not censor the story.  The current production is about David from a boy to killing Goliath to becoming king even including Bathsheba.  

MIL is buried in Lancaster and Dh likes to take a drive up there (we’re about 7 hours away) at least 1-2 times a year. We always check to see if tickets to the shows are available, but they’re always sold out. 

• Useful 3
37 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This was the "date night." The girlies were nowhere near that restaurant. ☹️

Good. Nurthan will be able to get back to Florida and feed themselves until the next payday and the next visit with the Rods. 

It was still over $350 (including a decent tip) for dinner and theater for six. That's not bad for what they got, but it's still a lot of money for anyone on a budget. Maybe Tim chipped in. 

Jill and David will need to step up their soul saving efforts. On second thought, . . . .

• Like 5

Someone upthread mentioned social security.  Do you suppose that David doesn't report any of his income?  Is it all under the table?  It wouldn't be hard to do when you are printing off tracts for these tiny little churches.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

Someone upthread mentioned social security.  Do you suppose that David doesn't report any of his income?  Is it all under the table?  It wouldn't be hard to do when you are printing off tracts for these tiny little churches.

Wouldn't they have to declare the income they derive from the missionary clearinghouse? Or is that not taxed?

In the past month or so, when I see pictures or video of Renee, she looks different.  Her hair is not looking like it has in the past.  It doesn't look well.  Which makes her not look well.  I can't put my finger on it, but she just looks different.  

• Sad 7
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wouldn't they have to declare the income they derive from the missionary clearinghouse? Or is that not taxed?

It wouldn't be earned income I don't think, but donations.  That doesn't count for Social Security purposes.  He may have worked long enough at the printers to qualify.

• Useful 2

Given how little they probably get from the Clearinghouse and by the time they are all said and done with deductions, and child credits, I am guessing they get a pretty big refund.   So they might as well declare it.   Although that's probably something else Jill thinks is persecution, having to pay taxes that may go to heathen things like abortions.  

• Love 7

Notice there is no picture of the actual attendees (you know the 3 who turned up out of curiousity).   

Now that ya'all told me about being able to go on vacation as long as you try to save souls, I understand why they do stuff like this.   And the last vacation had them knocking on doors.   They do this to show proof they aren't just taking the money and partying (Rod style).   See see we are using your money to try to bring souls to the Right Jesus.   

So it wasn't so much as "The Lord" impressed on GWE as "we were totally required to provide proof in order to keep getting money from our organization so we could stay on endless vacation."

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 15