Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nuris eyebrows are still different sizes 🤪🤣😩

Makes me glad I’ve simply stuck to my natural brows throughout the decades. Pluck a few hairs here and there and done! They should try it.

22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill eats with a fork in each hand. 😂

The fundie way of “double fisting.” 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Ooo, Poppy David is wearing a version of the manly Rods' American flag shirt. His looks like a bad patchwork quilt. It's the first new piece of clothing I've seen him in since the unfortunate tie-dye tights from the Texas beach vacation. 

I. Hate. That. Fucking. Shirt.

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Tori Bates could possibly be giving Kendra a run for her money in the blessing department. They have 3 kids and Tori is due in August. Their oldest, Kade, is 3, Kolter is 2, and Charlotte will turn 1 in a few days. When the new baby girl is born they will have 4 kids under 4 years old.

image.png.0d07dbab4192a77e02fad918db106df9.png

Meanwhile I just left the house and can barely afford gas or a fast food burger. How do these people manage so many?

• Like 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Does she have a fake Spanish accent now and married a Baldwin? 

I think I prefer that to any faked southern accent. Nails on a chalkboard!

52 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Yes, Carlin Bates made a similar mistake a while back when she wrote “hamee downs” instead oh hand-me-downs.

OMG. She really is “special.” Good lord. Walla! These people revel in their lack of education. 🥲

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, I know. The family minus Nurie, Timothy, and Phillip, were in West Virginia yesterday from what I can tell.

I think Nurie may have been the one sitting basically in front of the camera, with her back to it. No sighting of Tim or Phil though.

• Useful 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Nurie may have been the one sitting basically in front of the camera, with her back to it. No sighting of Tim or Phil though.

That may have been one of the cousins or Jill’s sister, that Jill mentioned. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Nurie had already gone back to Florida.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, I know. The family minus Nurie, Timothy, and Phillip, were in West Virginia yesterday from what I can tell.

Oh sorry, I obviously lost the plot. I thought they were still dealing with the Ohio Derecho storm™ and all that "trees across our road!" and "damage to our property!" and related drah-mah. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh sorry, I obviously lost the plot. I thought they were still dealing with the Ohio Derecho storm™ and all that "trees across our road!" and "damage to our property!" and related drah-mah. 

And begging for money to keep the home generator going to pump water and keep some lights on. Either the stink bus runs on David's farts, or Jill is messing with the arrow of time again. 

• Thanks 5
  • LOL 12
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And begging for money to keep the home generator going to pump water and keep some lights on. Either the stink bus runs on David's farts, or Jill is messing with the arrow of time again. 

Or JillR just straight up lies - they were definitely in WV on Father's Day.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Sophia - they are so glad she is growing slowly because she is their next to littlest and don't want her to grow too fast

Screenshot (253).png

I would be worried if she were my child. I would have had her seen by a doctor and expressed my concerns. Maybe they did? I don't know, but I just doubt it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

Sophia - they are so glad she is growing slowly because she is their next to littlest and don't want her to grow too fast. (Quote box isn't working for me.)

WHAT the actual severe FUCK?!!

image.png

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 19

right??

other observations - the audience was Amy and Kevin, their 6 kids, some extended family they dragged in. Pastor and his wife. so that leaves about 4 people that they "ministered" to. I think this was less of the usual grift and more of a give us gas money and we can visit with the family in your area.

Also when David got up to preach he said he has 3-4 messages that are always good to go. So he reuses the same stuff.

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sophia - they are so glad she is growing slowly because she is their next to littlest and don't want her to grow too fast. (Quote box isn't working for me.)

WHAT the actual severe FUCK?!!

image.png

I was trying to be diplomatic... but yes, WTASF? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Phillip can't be there because he is working full time and Jonathon is his boss. 

Umm WHAT?    Johnathon just got a job himself in the area.   Now he has an employee?   WTF IS THIS JOB?   

They are so mucking out barns for the Amish aren't they?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Umm WHAT?    Johnathon just got a job himself in the area.   Now he has an employee?   WTF IS THIS JOB?   

I suspect they are working for Jill's sudden new "friends" that own a logging business of some sort. If I remember correctly she had the couple over for "fellowship" right about the time Jonathon needed a job.

The guy also has a church or camp ministry thing going and the Rod's appeared there June 13th per the guy's fb page.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 5
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

My guess is that Jonathan started his own lawn care business and Philip is one of his employees. Lawn care or something similar seems to be popular with the fundies.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My guess is that Jonathan started his own lawn care business and Philip is one of his employees. Lawn care or something similar seems to be popular with the fundies.

I dunno...if Jonathan started his own business Jill would be promoting it.  I think working for a Jill-approved fundie is more likely.  The logging business might actually pay a decent wage.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have to wonder what goes on in Jill's pea-brain when she looks out over the congregation  who've gathered to see the wondrous and inspirational Jill Rodrigues, Her Amazing Preacher Husband and the Talented Traveling Rodriguii and sees only the pastor, his wife, their six kids, and four assorted randos.  Surely she is seething inside that her mere presence didn't have congregants lined up all the way out the door and down the street, checkbooks and casserole dishes in hand.  You'd think she'd buy a clue but we all know better.

It could be word has gone around as to just what they are up to, grifting. Or that they aren't very good. The pastor and family kind of have to be there. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 6/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, iwantcookies said:

Dave looks HIGH

864111A3-0869-4DED-B5E7-81DEE4CFEA15.jpeg

E9E625F3-EA5D-4E7D-A251-93CA2C5050AE.jpeg

6FC6F34F-D89F-4970-821B-75E27A8A6B5D.jpeg

Nuri has Dave’s ears 😱

Yes, as do a few of the other kids.  They use hair styles to try to hide the girl’s ears.  The boys (Gabriel especially) don’t have that option.  It looks like Jill and/or Nurie are already putting mousse or hair spray on baby Nemo’s hair (bottom pic).

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I have to say, in the few seconds I listened when the kids were playing instruments (NOT singing), they weren't that bad. Like they were at least better than your average 5th grade band practice. They must spend a fair amount of time practicing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It could be word has gone around as to just what they are up to, grifting. Or that they aren't very good. The pastor and family kind of have to be there. 

They used to live in WV so I'd suspect more people are wise to their grifting ways.  Poor Sophia and Janessa; they're being intentionally infantalized.  I truly fear for their futures!

• Sad 12
On 6/19/2022 at 8:16 AM, GeeGolly said:

Tori Bates could possibly be giving Kendra a run for her money in the blessing department. They have 3 kids and Tori is due in August. Their oldest, Kade, is 3, Kolter is 2, and Charlotte will turn 1 in a few days. When the new baby girl is born they will have 4 kids under 4 years old.

image.png.0d07dbab4192a77e02fad918db106df9.png

I truly don’t understand how fundies can afford to keep spitting out one kid after another!  What does Tori’s husband do for a living?

• Like 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

there is a video on the WV church website - Before Jill can introduce the fam, David let's everyone know about the table in the back selling the book and cds. Jill gets going on introducing the fam. her sister and BIL are there, and his family

Intros

Nurie, the grands and she finally adds nurie is married to nathan keller and he is actually a pastor...

Timothy is in service at their church.

Kaylee is engaged to Jonathan and did you all know his family has 9 boys and 4 girls just the opposite of the rods.

Renee turned 20 saturday, she is such a blessing.

Phillip can't be there because he is working full time and Jonathon is his boss.  Olivia is learning to play guitar to fill in for missing Phillip. Called to be missionary in Hungary.

Samuel likes to fix things and Jill goes to him for getting things done and says "dad doesn't have time"

Gabriel is so sweet - also likes to fix things

tessie, hanna, olivia, sadie nothing much except ages in comparison to cousins in attendence

Sophia - they are so glad she is growing slowly because she is their next to littlest and don't want her to grow too fast

At this point jill goes into full baby talk mode to introduce their "baby" 4 yr old Janessa

she then goes into the story of Severely Paralyzed sister - introduces that whole family

the audience for all this

Screenshot (253).png

I counted an audience of less than 25 people.  There’s no telling how much they spent on gasoline just to get there and the love offering couldn’t have amounted to much.  SMDH

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I agree. Jill didn’t get much $ and probably was seething with rage. How much plexus/books did she sell to 25 people?

She probably grifted $200 if that…

that isn't going to go very far filling the RV gas tank. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

there is a video on the WV church website - Before Jill can introduce the fam, David let's everyone know about the table in the back selling the book and cds. Jill gets going on introducing the fam. her sister and BIL are there, and his family

Intros

Nurie, the grands and she finally adds nurie is married to nathan keller and he is actually a pastor...

Timothy is in service at their church.

Kaylee is engaged to Jonathan and did you all know his family has 9 boys and 4 girls just the opposite of the rods.

Renee turned 20 saturday, she is such a blessing.

Phillip can't be there because he is working full time and Jonathon is his boss.  Olivia is learning to play guitar to fill in for missing Phillip. Called to be missionary in Hungary.

Samuel likes to fix things and Jill goes to him for getting things done and says "dad doesn't have time"

Gabriel is so sweet - also likes to fix things

tessie, hanna, olivia, sadie nothing much except ages in comparison to cousins in attendence

At this point jill goes into full baby talk mode to introduce their "baby" 4 yr old Janessa

she then goes into the story of Severely Paralyzed sister - introduces that whole family

the audience for all this

Screenshot (253).png

Well, this explains how Phillip could preach at the home church yesterday. Did he stay in Jonathan's basement while his the parents were away?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

This all happened at the evening service, but I am sure they loaded up after the morning service. 

I bet Amy and Kevin would have fed the rod horde in the afternoon/evening since jill's family were in town.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I have to say, in the few seconds I listened when the kids were playing instruments (NOT singing), they weren't that bad. Like they were at least better than your average 5th grade band practice. They must spend a fair amount of time practicing.

All with no sheet music. Kaylee and Sammer's eye contact to keep their timing together was intense. I bet they all have a great fear over screw ups they would have to answer for later.

I did laugh when Hannah was playing violin - Renee was sawing away on hers and Hannah was just ever so slightly moving her bow and fingers. If you have ever been to a 5th grade band concert where a kid is faking the entire performance you get the idea.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I think I prefer that to any faked southern accent. Nails on a chalkboard!

OMG. She really is “special.” Good lord. Walla! These people revel in their lack of education. 🥲

And just think! They're all home-educating their kids! 

• Sad 11