Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And dog help you if you say something the humpers construe as criticism of their heroes, the Bateses. Yikes. 

Topic: I would bet that people buy Plexus from Nurie just because they feel sorry for her. 

Oh, for sure. I don’t think they like me over there, lol. One poster laid into me for suggesting that the Bates didn’t take Covid seriously and may have put others at risk with their lack of mask wearing and social distancing. Because MaSkS dOn’T wOrK and we’re all going to get Covid eventually. Another online MD who gets their medical information from randos’ shitty YouTube videos. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Topic: I would bet that people buy Plexus from Nurie just because they feel sorry for her. 

True, but the point of Plexus is to get people to sell, not just buy. Of course, selling also means buying because low-sales months punish the seller unless she increases sales by spending her own money. That's how people get in debt with these scams. MLM merchandise tends to be amazingly overpriced by design, too. 

I doubt poor Nurie has very good social boundaries. Just look at her role model. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True, but the point of Plexus is to get people to sell, not just buy. Of course, selling also means buying because low-sales months punish the seller unless she increases sales by spending her own money. That's how people get in debt with these scams. MLM merchandise tends to be amazingly overpriced by design, too. 

I doubt poor Nurie has very good social boundaries. Just look at her role model. 

Hopefully Nathan made it clear that shilling for MLMs is not permitted in his church. He has mentioned not liking SM and they don’t use it, so maybe Nurie is safe from feeling like she has to shill Plexus.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Hopefully Nathan made it clear that shilling for MLMs is not permitted in his church. He has mentioned not liking SM and they don’t use it, so maybe Nurie is safe from feeling like she has to shill Plexus.

I certainly hope that logic follows with these peabrains. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I certainly hope that logic follows with these peabrains. 

I think it’s a good sign that Nathan and Nurie don’t have their own SM accounts. He practices what he preaches, in that area at least. More fundies should take note. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think it’s a good sign that Nathan and Nurie don’t have their own SM accounts. He practices what he preaches, in that area at least. More fundies should take note. 

Next step, keep their child off Jill’s.

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin Stewart (Bates) has been hospitalized many times over these past few weeks. Hope she's okay. 

Actually, she's had 5 ER visits. She's only been hospitalized once, after her episode on Saturday. No updates since yesterday. 

I hope Kelly got her sorry ass to Nashville to be with her daughter. She managed to avoid her all last week. 🙄

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

No WONDER Jillybean is so upset at Nurie being so far away.   It means she follows her husband's rules instead of Mommy's.  Mommy can't use Nurie's SM to expand her grift.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Jesus be a copy editor!

It could be worse: JillR could have written it. I don't see a single exclamation point, so there's that. I know, low bar. 😟

• LOL 13

"An offering will be taken for our guest speaker and her family.  Everything collected will go to them."

I find that wording strange, like Jill wrote it herself to make it clear that none of the offering will go towards the church, it's all for HER.  How do these churches even find the Rodrigues family and ask Jill to speak and give her money?  Or does Shrek pull up to some small, rural unsuspecting church, unload the waifs and allow them to wail in 13-part harmony while Jill plays the harmonica until the pastor comes out and surrenders his Sunday service to Jill in an effort to make them go away?

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

How sad for those kids. They have to spend all frickin’ morning and likely afternoon in church, then have to turn around and spend all evening there again. Not to mention they’ve likely spent the entire day and night before rehearsing. Steve Harvey has a joke about how tough it was growing up as a church kid. His mother was the Sunday school teacher and made him go every day. So one day he gets so fed up, he asks his older brother, “hey, how hot is hell actually?”

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

How do these churches even find the Rodrigues family and ask Jill to speak and give her money?  Or does Shrek pull up to some small, rural unsuspecting church, unload the waifs and allow them to wail in 13-part harmony while Jill plays the harmonica until the pastor comes out and surrenders his Sunday service to Jill in an effort to make them go away?

🤣. Thanks for that laugh!

But, I think they are networked into the IFB churches. The Rods probably reach out to the churches who worship the correct Jesus in the correct way, to make it known they're available to bring their mission to the congregation. The Rods are also registered with some kind of ministry clearinghouse, IIRC. I don't know if that organization is IFB-only or has other missionaries enrolled. 

I've browsed FB pages of several iFB churches. They seem to host various missionaries (or wannabe missionaries) for appearances on the regular. Those folks are of course seeking financial support for their missions. 

I recall one wannabe missionary who appeared at one of those churches: a guy who's been called by God to go on a mission to - Ireland. I remember him because usually it's a married couple who've been called to be missionaries and this guy seemed to be single. And - Ireland. Gosh, what a grueling challenging country to be called to. 🤣

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Wow. They do not look happy. Or at least they look very tired.

I think they are tired. They keep late hours and add to that the hysteria that is Jill. They probably get very little "down" time. 

30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Hmmm. Found these pictures on Jilly's FB page. Jilly's fashion sense was off that day. And NotNurie needed TWO modesty shirts under her dress? And they sure look like a happy bunch...

283806202_3129951010576564_2442210897596289431_n.jpg

283985993_3129951253909873_3084823762119879224_n.jpg

283835026_3129951280576537_8142728685837853888_n.jpg

The last photo could be used in a dictionary next to the word misery. 

33 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Hmmm. Found these pictures on Jilly's FB page. Jilly's fashion sense was off that day. And NotNurie needed TWO modesty shirts under her dress? And they sure look like a happy bunch...

Jill's got her iPhone in hand. The Bible is laying there before her, closed and zipped up in that fancy cover. Iconic.

(I know, she probably has her speech/notes on the phone including any Bible verses, but the image just resonates when you have some idea who she is and how she acts. And how much the IFB doctrines push a literal reading of the Bible as fundamental to all things correct.)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Grifters gotta grift.

Silly me. I actually go to work every day and earn my money.

It looks like they have 4 opportunities, the banquet and the 3 church services along with having three meals provided for them.

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jill's got her iPhone in hand. The Bible is laying there before her, closed and zipped up in that fancy cover. Iconic.

(I know, she probably has her speech/notes on the phone including any Bible verses, but the image just resonates when you have some idea who she is and how she acts. And how much the IFB doctrines push a literal reading of the Bible as fundamental to all things correct.)

She is probably taking selfies and/or recording herself. Even the Bible comes in second when we are talking about Jill. 

• Love 7

Copying over her text of a post off her FB

Would YOU like an invite to a *FREE* Plexus event tonight (May 23rd - Monday night) at 8:30pm (ET)? If you join us and participate, you will get put in a drawing for *FREE SAMPLES*!!! Let me know if you are interested so I can add you! This is going to he FUN! Because I Care for YOU, Jill

...........never truer words were spoken. You care for YOU, Jill.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:59 AM, Cinnabon said:

The Duggar Reddit is snarky and there are no fans allowed. The Bates Reddit is a lot of pathetic leg humpers. 

Ain't that the truth. I fell foul of some leghumpers just yesterday by saying that I find Carlin's attention seeking disgusting. I got about 120 downvotes, lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

The Rodlings look like they are going to get root canals without pain meds. Poor things look miserable. Jilldo does not care that her kids are not feeling well. 

How much gas $ did they spend to go grifting for this trip? 

Better off staying home.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

🤣. Thanks for that laugh!

But, I think they are networked into the IFB churches. The Rods probably reach out to the churches who worship the correct Jesus in the correct way, to make it known they're available to bring their mission to the congregation. The Rods are also registered with some kind of ministry clearinghouse, IIRC. I don't know if that organization is IFB-only or has other missionaries enrolled. 

I've browsed FB pages of several iFB churches. They seem to host various missionaries (or wannabe missionaries) for appearances on the regular. Those folks are of course seeking financial support for their missions. 

I recall one wannabe missionary who appeared at one of those churches: a guy who's been called by God to go on a mission to - Ireland. I remember him because usually it's a married couple who've been called to be missionaries and this guy seemed to be single. And - Ireland. Gosh, what a grueling challenging country to be called to. 🤣

I guess that's like being called to minister to Hawaii. 

• LOL 13

I see HUNK did not serve anyone. Probably parked himself and had the kids fetch him 3-4 servings of food. Popsy got to keep up his strength, can’t have him waste away watching the map in his new chair.

Janessa was used as a prop by Jill. Sitting in mommy’s lap since she is the baby. I just hope Nessie got to actually eat! 

Look at my aged/chunky arms/hands, and my precious cheap jewelry/cheap nails ! I am so PRETTY in my mind! The prettiest Rodrigues gal in the home for sure. And my studly MAN loves me! I am so lucky! 

(I truly hate this vile woman)

358DE538-9A30-4BC4-8E3F-70DF0613EF81.jpeg

And sweetly pie Jill I doubt you will meet Jesus. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I wonder if David cooked/made any food for himself or his family since they they got married. 

Can the Rod boys cook?

Probably not, but, from what we've seen, Jill can't, either.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Are those manly MEN doing wimminz work??? *clutches pearls

They might be IFB but they're not Gothardites.  It reminds me of many years ago I attended a mother-daughter banquet at my grandma's conservative Wisconsin Synod (Lutheran) church, and I was disappointed to see that women had to serve the meal.  Of course in a church where women couldn't vote on church matters or teach males above elementary age, it wasn't surprising.

JillR said "The sweet men served us." Yep. Served the food.

I wouldn't bet any money that the men actually prepared the food. IMO some of the church women cooked the food and got it to the church. They probably did everything except maybe take the covers off when it was time for the food to be served. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Jill has gained weight, you can see it in her arms. I  know she has always had sausage fingers, but you can really see it in her face too in the close up. There is nothing wrong with being a bit heavier when you get older, but Jill thinks she is still a young and thin teenager. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill has gained weight, you can see it in her arms. I  know she has always had sausage fingers, but you can really see it in her face too in the close up. There is nothing wrong with being a bit heavier when you get older, but Jill thinks she is still a young and thin teenager. 

Isn't Plexus supposed to aid in weight control along with all its other benefits?

• LOL 13

Never any kind of Baptist, but growing up in a evangelical church, there were occasionally times when men would serve the women and it was always “Look at how NICE the men are, doing this for the women!” as it was some massive favor with a not so subtle misogyny that “herp derp, how do you operate the crockpot/dishwasher, I’m a man and don’t know! Lolz” 🙄 Of course someone like Jillpm would just think that was just so nice. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

283985993_3129951253909873_3084823762119879224_n.jpg

283835026_3129951280576537_8142728685837853888_n.jpg

Not a smile on one of their faces.  VERY SAD

Wow. Jill and the daughters are looking more dollar-a-bag-thrift-sale than usual. Jill (pink lace tablecloth over polyester knit stripes) and Kaylee (two t-shirts under a floral apron) look especially bad this time. At least they seem to have a color scheme going. Jill must feel the need to look desperate for handouts this trip, although she usually saves that role for the younger kids. 

Why do the Rods need three appearances? How much food and money can one congregation cough up?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I guess that's like being called to minister to Hawaii. 

No bueno ! NIKE ! Too many ladies inappropriately dressed. The poor religious boys heads (both of them) will explode.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2