Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Fosca said:

Second: Deanna, if you really want to use/create a meme, try not to have one with a font that makes "God" look like "Cod".  Kind of ruins the effect.

Ha!  That reminds me of something one sees on T-shirts in MN

Lutefisk:  The piece of cod that passes all understanding

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Ironically, this could apply to many things. Say, for example, a certain convicted felon who is waiting for his sentencing in April.  I’m just sayin’. 😀

I think the American flags point to QAnon.

• Love 5

Its always bugged me a bit that the Duggars don't decorate their kids' rooms. Well Josie Bates just did a big project in her girls' room. But its still gray and white, or maybe white and white. Not saying they need Disney princesses or Erin's level of pink ruffles, but maybe a pop of yellow or something would be nice.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

One of  my FB friends is at the big Plexus leader's retreat. He posted pictures. Of course, Jill would NEVER associate with him since he is gay. 

Did he run into the sister wives or Jill? 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Mr. X is Norwegian, and wouldn't eat lutefisk if he got paid to do so.  Oddly, he likes Swedish meatballs, and Swedish pancakes.

GWE takes a whole heapin' of groceries to fill up.  If he can mooch food, he's happy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

One of  my FB friends is at the big Plexus leader's retreat. He posted pictures. Of course, Jill would NEVER associate with him since he is gay. 

Two of the Sister Wives are there, too.  I wonder what Jilldo would say about them?  Or what the sister wives would say about Jilldo?  They're all about MLM's.  MLM's suck!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

My family is German/Polish, but our church when I was growing up was mostly Swedes and Norwegians.  Every church supper included lutefisk, lefse, and, my favorite, lingonberry pudding.  Yes, lutefisk does seem to pass all understanding.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

THIS!  No other words neeedimage.png.de4baab5fdf7514a9d2a21ba1091984f.png

I posted and can't get rid of it.. It is about HUNK'S (3rd picture).  all you need to know.

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • LOL 8
3 minutes ago, Boston said:

THIS!  No other words neeedimage.png.de4baab5fdf7514a9d2a21ba1091984f.png

I posted and can't get rid of it.. It is about HUNK'S (3rd picture).  all you need to know.

I’m bewildered that so many of these churches continue to let David “preach.” I’ve heard that he’s not great at it, so why?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Someone needs to tell Americans that inflation and gas price increases are happening all over the world. Not just here.

I didn’t know that til reading here.  For some reason, that comforts me a tad.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m bewildered that so many of these churches continue to let David “preach.” I’ve heard that he’s not great at it, so why?

I’m sure that Jill lets the churches know that “Preacher” David is part of the rolling shit show package.  

• LOL 11
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m sure that Jill lets the churches know that “Preacher” David is part of the rolling shit show package.  

they seem to go to the same churches over and over, so they are a known quantity to the churches they visit. David seems to do his preaching at the late sunday service or the mid week service. usually when jill shows the audience at these things there are very few people attending. Most seem to have pretty small congregations anyway and even less seem compelled to attend when the rods are singing or david preaches.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. X is Norwegian, and wouldn't eat lutefisk if he got paid to do so.  Oddly, he likes Swedish meatballs, and Swedish pancakes.

GWE takes a whole heapin' of groceries to fill up.  If he can mooch food, he's happy.

When I traveled in Norway, even the Norwegians would joke about lutefisk and how awful it was and how no one would eat it these days, that it was the sort of food for Viking explorers spending months on a ship who had no other options.  Sounds about right to me.

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Because there are a limited number of these super duper fundie types and David and the Rods are the best they can do?

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, smallfry said:

"My Man" how old is she??? Does she realize real men support their families with jobs and make sure his children receive a quality education? Guess not!

He is her man.... Jill, we don't want him so there is no need to be territorial.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill will need a new dress for Kaylee's ceremony, especially if she is Matron of Honor. I'm sure Kaylee will insist. 

Jill would never let it happen, but it would be awesome if Kaylee chose Nurie as her Matron of Honor. Jill's head would explode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Jill would never let it happen, but it would be awesome if Kaylee chose Nurie as her Matron of Honor. Jill's head would explode.

Good idea, but I think Kaylee is closer to grimacing Renee. I hope Kaylee has the guts to choose her!

• Love 2
Just now, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the churches the Rods visit are those that fund them through the missionary clearinghouse. Showing up a couple times a year may be part of the deal, and the Rods also get cash offerings and a meal or two when they do. 

As for Kaylee's wedding, Jill will be Mother of the Bride, Maid/Matron/Woman of Honor, Wife of the Officiant, Wedding Coordinator, Decorator, Caterer, Greeter, Main Speaker, and Photographer. It's all about Jill, always. 

Not the photographer, but only because she has to be in every picture.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Not the photographer, but only because she has to be in every picture.

But, if she was the photographer, every photo would be a selfie with her front and center.  I don't know that she could resist.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the churches the Rods visit are those that fund them through the missionary clearinghouse. Showing up a couple times a year may be part of the deal

This sounds logical to me.
Maybe those churches need to stop funding them ?
Heehee...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

David’s recent “preaching” was in part, about dancing and taking clothes off. 🎶

50 gallons of brain bleach please. I bet he strips for his Jilly muffin… imagine how long it takes him to take off those sexy leggings… 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

50 gallons of brain bleach please. I bet he strips for his Jilly muffin… imagine how long it takes him to take off those sexy leggings… 

Nah, he probably just pushes them down far enough to release his magic wand. It's the ultimate muffin top. (Here's some brain bleach.) 

• LOL 12
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Nah, he probably just pushes them down far enough to release his magic wand. It's the ultimate muffin top. (Here's some brain bleach.) 

From the way David looks, his wand has lost most of its magic. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I am the Plexus Queen!  Young and sweet, I look seventeen!

Plexus Queen!  Feel the heat from my sweaty sheen, oh yeah!

You can sip, you can chu-ugh!  Drink it all down in one gulp, ooh ooh

See me shill, whoops don't spill!  I am the Plexus Queen!

(lame, but I can't resist a word challenge).

I knew if anyone would be up for it, you would.  Thank you!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Some of the girls were feeding the gulls or maybe terns, at the beach. The video was of poor quality. No clue what they were feeding them, so I can’t comment on that, but they can go Alfred  Hitchcock on people. 🤦‍♀️

2BD6B86E-6968-40AA-AE66-6F4FC22EC19D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

9CCED8BB-C8A7-4D05-BC3C-40C916B255C2.jpeg

F80A02D7-4BAF-45D4-BD8A-5685B9918E15.jpeg

Especially the boys! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

26 minutes ago, SMama said:

I hope Nathan, Nurie, and Nemo are home, away from the Rod circus.

And using the appropriate car seat.

• Love 14