Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ColteesSpeedont said:

Fundie boys are known for their mean behavior, especially towards family. Remember TimBits in the drainage ditch, pouring that filthy water over Maria Dingus? And of course, who can forget how the Duggar and Bates boys would absolutely TRASH the wedding getaway cars for the couples? Straight down to messing with the horn and brakes so every time the driver would brake the horn would honk, putting stinky cheese in the air system, etc.? Some of it was trying to be clever, some of it was downright dangerous. All of it was just mean and tasteless. These guys can't do anything else to get their testosterone out. 

I think it is pent up frustration and the pressure to be "manly",

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Looks like the Rods made it to Magnolia...

235624322_10227126414806007_5724500123557651723_n.jpg

It looks like she’s directing one of the Rod waifs to take a photo of her in front of the sign.

I wonder why Jill hasn’t been able to grift her way onto an episode of the Plath’s show. Nurie is “best friends” with the eldest Plath girl and Ethan Plath has revealed that Jill tried to push Nurie off on him for marriage. It seems like the Plaths would be an easier route to stardom for her than the Duggars.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Speaking of shopping, think Jill left a nice card and a small gift in the beach house as a thank you? /s

Hunk seems to be staring at something. I hope it's not his daughter in her tight knit skirt. 

Actually, he looks like he is staring off somewhere else. Probably wishing he wasn't there. 

• LOL 9

The skirt doesn't seem that tight to me, it seems like it's just a jersey skirt and she has a buttocks. If the skirt was bigger it would fall down because the material is so stretchy.

She probably should've worn different undergarments though. Either slip shorts so the seam didnt dig into her buttocks OR boy short panties that didnt have elastic in the leg (again no digging). But I dont expect Jill as attention seeking as she is to each her daughters (and sons as necessary) how to dress as they grow into adulthood.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Regarding the video of the "grilling out" dinner Hunk and JillR were preparing at the vacation house - JillR said the two of them were "in charge of dinner tonight" and so decided to grill out.

As the parents of all of those kids, aren't they "in charge" of dinner pretty much every night? Who else would be providing their family dinner at the vacation house? 

Do you think she meant that among the parents, Nurthan, and the kidults they were taking turns cooking/preparing the dinner? Have we ever seen any of the kidults cooking a meal?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Regarding the video of the "grilling out" dinner Hunk and JillR were preparing at the vacation house - JillR said the two of them were "in charge of dinner tonight" and so decided to grill out.

As the parents of all of those kids, aren't they "in charge" of dinner pretty much every night? Who else would be providing their family dinner at the vacation house? 

Do you think she meant that among the parents, Nurthan, and the kidults they were taking turns cooking/preparing the dinner? Have we ever seen any of the kidults cooking a meal?

Maybe Nathan and others have been taking them out or having them eat over, that they thought they would do so now. Not that they paid for all that food. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The skirt doesn't seem that tight to me, it seems like it's just a jersey skirt and she has a buttocks. If the skirt was bigger it would fall down because the material is so stretchy.

She probably should've worn different undergarments though. Either slip shorts so the seam didnt dig into her buttocks OR boy short panties that didnt have elastic in the leg (again no digging). But I dont expect Jill as attention seeking as she is to each her daughters (and sons as necessary) how to dress as they grow into adulthood.

The skirt is pretty clingy and not a good choice for the we're more modest than Jesus crowd. The girls probably share underwear, so there aren't many choices even if someone were concerned about VPLs, which is probably unlikely. Jill has nothing to teach except performative modesty like swimming in street clothes. Everything the Rod women wear is from past decades of polyester knit, a fabric that stretches, snags, and pills over time, but never really dies. Jill's stuff is in much better condition than the clothing her daughters get, but it's all the same style from Jill's much younger days. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The skirt is pretty clingy and not a good choice for the we're more modest than Jesus crowd. The girls probably share underwear, so there aren't many choices even if someone were concerned about VPLs, which is probably unlikely. Jill has nothing to teach except performative modesty like swimming in street clothes. Everything the Rod women wear is from past decades of polyester knit, a fabric that stretches, snags, and pills over time, but never really dies. Jill's stuff is in much better condition than the clothing her daughters get, but it's all the same style from Jill's much younger days. 

I liked those long jersey maxi skirts when I was a tween in the late 90s/early 00s, I didnt know if they were back in style. I had not thought that the girls may share underwear. Yes, Jill will always make sure that that she looks better than any of her daughters.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I liked those long jersey maxi skirts when I was a tween in the late 90s/early 00s, I didnt know if they were back in style. I had not thought that the girls may share underwear. Yes, Jill will always make sure that that she looks better than any of her daughters.

I don't think they're back in style yet. That's why the Rods have them. 

The Duggar children dressed from a communal closet and shared their clothes, and I imagine that's true here although I don't know for sure. There are fewer Rods than Duggars. The system simplifies doing laundry for a crowd and discourages ownership and individuality. Clothes would be washed according to sex (no inappropriate mingling in the machine), sorted by size, and dumped into the appropriate barndo closets. Jill's and Hunk's laundry is separate, of course, not that any of the boys could wear Hunk's big, baggy jeans. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Speaking of shopping, think Jill left a nice card and a small gift in the beach house as a thank you? /s

Hunk seems to be staring at something. I hope it's not his daughter in her tight knit skirt. 

He saw a food truck !

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I wonder why Jill hasn’t been able to grift her way onto an episode of the Plath’s show. Nurie is “best friends” with the eldest Plath girl and Ethan Plath has revealed that Jill tried to push Nurie off on him for marriage. It seems like the Plaths would be an easier route to stardom for her than the Duggars.

Hosanna, the eldest Plath daughter, isn't on the show though, so the Rods may not have another "in" with the Plaths.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Hosanna, the eldest Plath daughter, isn't on the show though, so the Rods may not have another "in" with the Plaths.

I wonder how chummy Jill and Kim are? Or are they so similar in their need to control that they have no friends?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how chummy Jill and Kim are? Or are they so similar in their need to control that they have no friends?

I’ve wondered that too. She’s posted several photos with Kim before. I imagine that Kim probably sees Jill as sort of a bumpkin and herself as the “cool girl,” given her penchant to humble brag about her wild partying days and multiple boyfriends. Similar to Michelle’s delusional bikini lawnmower story. Maybe that’s why Tim’s got that peroxide blond mane. Jill’s been trying to smuggle him in and pass him off as a Plath boy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Looks like the Rods made it to Magnolia...

235624322_10227126414806007_5724500123557651723_n.jpg

I was so busy looking at the ass-cupping skirt, that I failed to notice the R-waif boy doused with Sun-In. You can see right through the middle of his early stage ricketed legs, even with his baggy pants.

2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Maybe that’s why Tim’s got that peroxide blond mane. Jill’s been trying to smuggle him in and pass him off as a Plath boy. 

LOL. The Plath kids look like models.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Maybe that’s why Tim’s got that peroxide blond mane. Jill’s been trying to smuggle him in and pass him off as a Plath boy. 

Tim will need a lot of trips to the gym and some better clothes if this is the plan. 😀

• LOL 8
43 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Scripture memorization ability...that's an important quality in a person...

These fucking people.

I almost wouldn’t mind the memorization if there was a hint of understanding or caring about the actual Scripture. But just like Jessa’s kids, there doesn’t seem to be anything but spewing out the words.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill said, “We are in charge of dinner tonight, so we decided to grill out.”.

Best shot I could get of the grill:

2C335544-17FA-42A7-A539-B56A533E29D1.jpeg

There is NO WAY JillRod and Shrek bought all of that meat. Maybe they raided the host house's freezer?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

There is NO WAY JillRod and Shrek bought all of that meat. Maybe they raided the host house's freezer?

They took mi casa es su casa seriously 😂😂😂

54 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Scripture memorization ability...that's an important quality in a person...

These fucking people.

I’ve always heard the term “Jesus freaks”, but I never actually knew people who fit the bill until the Rods came along.  Religion is shoved so far down the Rodlet’s throat that you would think the older ones would rebel at some point.  I guess they’re too afraid of Best Mama Ever to do so.

Edited by farmgal4
Removed a word.
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jilly please explain how that ass hugging skirt on the not nurie taking the pic is modest wear.

With the VPL that I didn't have to enlarge the photo to see. 🙄

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I almost wouldn’t mind the memorization if there was a hint of understanding or caring about the actual Scripture. But just like Jessa’s kids, there doesn’t seem to be anything but spewing out the words.

Oh, I have no issue with scripture nor with memorizing it.

It's just that the Rods act like their kids come off an assembly line.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Man, she must have found good wifi because she's on a massive photo dumping spree. Biking with "sweet" Renee, devotions with Nathan, fishing with Sammer. 

I would like to banish the word "sweet" from the English language. That is all. 

Happy vacationing on someone else's dime, Rodriguii. You'll get home in a few weeks, just in time to turn around and head to Floriduh for the Nurthan crotch fruit arrival. Is there a pool on names yet? N'Jill N'David Rodriguii Duggar Keller. Or use Grandma's maiden name Noyes? Noyes David Keller. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Nice. She looks like Dee Snider.

image.jpeg.824789efb31e9f8fe949b704143ce31a.jpeg

🎵Jill’s not gonna take it. No! She ain’t gonna take it. Jill’s not gonna take it...unless it’s free🎵

Jill took it plenty from HUNK. 13 kids didn’t arrive by the stork . 

🤢

• LOL 9