Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

if Michelle weighs less than 140 or 150, id be surprised. Her cheerleading and wedding pics, she is by no means large, but I don't think she ever looked itsy bitsy like some of the bates girls. Maybe it is the bigger bust, but I think she just looked short. 

• Love 3

No way. I'm five feet, weigh 130ish, and look MUCH bigger than Mechelle. Remember, she wears intentionally baggy stuff that adds 10 lbs. I'm larger-boned, and no one guesses my weight (they guess less). She is only larger around the middle (for obvious reasons). Still petite, just not teeny tiny, Alyssa Bates petite,. Of her own spawn, I'd say she was built like Jana, just with a larger chest. Not built like me by any stretch.I 'm more like Michael Bates; I'm curvier and chunky, and it's hard to lose weight unless I give up ALL the carbs. 

I base this on reports of people who meet them in person and say that they are all TINY. Mechelle's lost a good 20 lbs. (at least) since the baby factory closed. But then, she has scads of free time to while away on her elliptical, since she doesn't cook or clean or educate the remaining kids at home. 

• Love 2

Why did Michelle make Jana sew an ugly Modesty Panel into her Mother -Of -Bride dress?  Her own wedding gown resealed her clavicles, for god's sake! I realize they didn't actually go Gothard until later, but I wonder how much of that modesty crap, blur out the knees crap, swim in jeans crap, etc. was just for developing their teeeveee brand.

first%2Bdate%2Bjunior-senior%2Bbanquet%2

On 10 July 2016 at 2:58 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

After birthing 19 kids, Michelle likely has the bones of a woman living in the third world. Pregnancy takes a lot out of a woman's body. She's no doubt depleted through to her bones.

Could Duggar Delayed Puberty Syndrome be malnutrition?  

• Love 6

Why don't I remember long white gowns that look like wedding dresses being popular for the mid-1980's prom?  Was she overly hinting - let's just get married instead?  Also, her hair looked less 80's in the 80's than it does now.  Didn't Michelle gripe about not having her own wedding dress or something and about having to wear JB's mother's wedding dress?  I think it was when they had their vow renewal or whatever and she was all excited about how she actually got to choose her wedding dress for the first time.  She could have just worn her prom dress for her original wedding. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, two reasons Mechelle couldn't wear either the prom or wedding dresses:

1. She was knocked up with Josie and no longer had a 24 inch waist (I had one, and she was more slender than I ever was). 

2. They had a cross-over appearance to tape at Kleinfelds. God, remember how she wore a tee shirt under all of the dresses she tried on and didn't allow the assistant in the dressing room with her? What a fucking prude! Oh wait, she's so MODEST that she won't even show her bra to another FEMALE! 

How the hell does this woman get a physical? Does KJB have to accompany her into the exam room to ensure (her obviously) female practitioner doesn't hit on her?

eta: How on earth does she handle the gyno? Or has she ever been to one for an annual exam, aside from pregnancy checkups?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Yeah she couldn't wear the prom dress to the vow renewal but what about her original wedding?  Anyway, I'm surprised she just didn't make Jana sew her vow renewal dress.  That 80's prom/wedding dress is so not 80's prom dress.  Looks like she was trying for wedding gown.  I'm really doubting this whole mowing the lawn in a bikini story now.  She doesn't look like she would do that, she looks like she'd rather be snow white or something. A made up 'wild story' if there ever was one.  Some girl she knew down the street probably mowed the lawn in a bikini and had an affair with the neighbor causing a divorce and Mechelle envied her carefree wild ways and 'borrowed' the story.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. That's vintage early 80's. As I said, I WORE that blue dress to a formal in the very early 80's. Mechelle's prom number would have been what, 1983? 

My prom dress was similar to Michelle's. I'm her age.

• Love 1

Oh thank heavens. I thought I was alone here. :) I don't have pictorial evidence of my dress (probably burned it haha), but I could post hundreds of pictures of my high school friends who wore this dress, or something close to it, back in the day. It was a horribly common silhouette. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I remember the dress style as well. The 'little bo peep' look was very poplar in the early to mid 80s.  All the teen fashion mags featured it. Even then I thought to myself, really??

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 1
(edited)

I graduated HS in 1980, and fondly recall Gunne Sax, Jessica McClintock, and then maybe Laura Ashley was a little later. I like MEchelle's prom dress. But I also remember that slinkier dresses became stylish in my high school years - we called the material qiana. But I really loved the antique-y, lacey stuff. Stevie Nicks was my idol!

What galls me is that KJB and MEchelle were so young when they dated and married, and yet they're denying their own kids the same chances until well into their 20s.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I graduated HS in 1980, and fondly recall Gunne Sax, Jessica McClintock, and then maybe Laura Ashley was a little later. I like MEchelle's prom dress. But I also remember that slinkier dresses became stylish in my high school years - we called the material qiana. But I really loved the antique-y, lacey stuff. Stevie Nicks was my idol!

What galls me is that KJB and MEchelle were so young when they dated and married, and yet they're denying their own kids the same chances until well into their 20s.

Bolded: So TRUE that!!!!

• Love 3

To be fair, they DID give Josiah the reins at 18. It's not his fault that courtship fell apart. Smuggar also started courting at 19 (courtship began around January, his birthday is in March, engaged in June). So, it seems it's the GIRLS that they're holding onto well into their 20's, and unless Joy starts a courtship within this next year, that won't change. And to be honest, I don't want that poor girl courting; she seems SOOOOO much younger than her 18 years. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

It's kind of a good thing that they are waiting until they are older, considering they don't actually date. The Duggars' development is arrested, so being married as a teenager probably would not be good. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh thank heavens. I thought I was alone here. :) I don't have pictorial evidence of my dress (probably burned it haha), but I could post hundreds of pictures of my high school friends who wore this dress, or something close to it, back in the day. It was a horribly common silhouette. 

It was the white color of the dress that made me assume it was her wedding dress!  I guess Michelle loves to wear white to functions?  Remember she did show up to cousin Amy's wedding to white, too.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

It was the white color of the dress that made me assume it was her wedding dress!  I guess Michelle loves to wear white to functions?  Remember she did show up to cousin Amy's wedding to white, too.

Going to someone else's wedding wearing white is literally in narcissism textbooks. Just sayin.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's kind of a good thing that they are waiting until they are older, considering they don't actually date. The Duggars' development is arrested, so being married as a teenager probably would not be good. 

Agreed! But KJB and M got to date when they were teens. It must be so strange for the Duggar kids to see photos of their parents doing all these "wrong" things. I think MEchelle, especially, gets off on it  

• Love 3

Also, I recall that at the end of their first date, they talked unchaperoned for what they've said was "hours." Muffy got to interrogate Derick with her "list"  online while her parents looked on. And these were two legal adults. How sad. 

• Love 7

I can't  believe I'm  admitting this, but....in the early '80s I wore a peach bo-peep sryle prom dress with a friggin' hoop skirt. Swear to God they were de rigueur at my high school at the time, along with pastel tuxes with ruffled shirts for the guys. Michelle's white dress looks kind of glamorous  compared to mine.

• Love 3

I think the Bates woman had a similar dress. However, Michelle's had hers designed with a throat-grabbing modesty panel, a boob-lowering device, and a shiny little jacket to bring the viewer's eye to the sunken, yet oddly protruding bust line--least four layers of thick fabric for a warm-weather wedding. She then added a mop of dry, frizzy, shellacked split ends. Michelle worked to get that look, so she wins.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My prom dress was similar to Michelle's. I'm her age.

I went to the prom in 1979 and wore a Gunne Sax.

It had a high neck and long sleeves. I'm sure it would not be modest enough for J-Chelle.

16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Then there was this monstrosity

image.png

I hate to tell everyone this because it was a major mistake on the part of the buyers...

That dress was actually available at Nordstrom's Encore (plus-sized) department. One has to believe it was more cocktail than MOB. The "modesty panel" made that thing go from bad to hideous.

I'm built a lot like Michelle and I put that thing on at Nordstrom.  They were truly all over the place.  I didn't even bother pulling up the zipper.  It didn't look dreadful on the hanger, but on the body even without the jacket or panel, just no.  Kelly Bates is taller and could make it look not so dreadful. 

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'm built a lot like Michelle and I put that thing on at Nordstrom.  They were truly all over the place.  I didn't even bother pulling up the zipper.  It didn't look dreadful on the hanger, but on the body even without the jacket or panel, just no.  Kelly Bates is taller and could make it look not so dreadful. 

Kelly Bates had the knee-length version and dispensed with the breastplate -- oops, "modesty panel".

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I think the Bates woman had a similar dress. However, Michelle's had hers designed with a throat-grabbing modesty panel, a boob-lowering device, and a shiny little jacket to bring the viewer's eye to the sunken, yet oddly protruding bust line--least four layers of thick fabric for a warm-weather wedding. She then added a mop of dry, frizzy, shellacked split ends. Michelle worked to get that look, so she wins.

When has Michelle worked for anything in the last 26 years!  The poor designer of that dress got to see it Duggarfied.  It wasn't great to begin with but holy hannah, its something else now.  Wonder if it got KJB all Hey, Hey, Hey from seeing it ??!!  Try and get THAT out of your head as I slink off to the Prayer Closet for Happy Hour.  I've got tapas!

• Love 6

I understand that breastfeeding 19 kids will destroy any boobs, but seriously, a good bra would lift the girls and help a ton.

the sleeves look too short. The neck is too high. Best part to me = the bottom half is sort of clinging like those old fashioned little bo peep pantaloons. If the Tin Man wore pantaloons, those would be his. Michelle looks like she's wearing pants. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When has Michelle worked for anything in the last 26 years!  The poor designer of that dress got to see it Duggarfied.  It wasn't great to begin with but holy hannah, its something else now.  Wonder if it got KJB all Hey, Hey, Hey from seeing it ??!!  Try and get THAT out of your head as I slink off to the Prayer Closet for Happy Hour.  I've got tapas!

Tapas? I'm in! I've got a bottle of Malbec to share!?

• Love 1

I remember Michelle saying her girls helped her find it. Now, does she mean Josie and Jordyn helped pick it out? Or were the older girls just taking the piss out of their mom? Because those girls have some taste despite the modesty rules and I don't see why they would let Michelle wear that unless it was to laugh at her. Not that Michelle would care because as long as the attention is on her, even if it's for wearing a badly fitting tinman/star trek next gen absolute monstrosity of a dress, then all is good in her frizzy little head.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2016 at 11:43 AM, louannems said:

Why did Michelle make Jana sew an ugly Modesty Panel into her Mother -Of -Bride dress?  Her own wedding gown resealed her clavicles, for god's sake! I realize they didn't actually go Gothard until later, but I wonder how much of that modesty crap, blur out the knees crap, swim in jeans crap, etc. was just for developing their teeeveee brand.

first%2Bdate%2Bjunior-senior%2Bbanquet%2

I think this is the only picture of them where Boob is not holding onto MEchelle.