Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Portia said:

Or do they find themselves a new Good  Christian  Accountant every year?

They can't take deductions for their "ministry", AKA television career unless they have formed a business or LLC. I have a business license and do business as my pen name. I have a Good Christian Accountant. She's a CPA and an enrolled IRS agent. She does not play.

One can get away with a hell of a lot of things in life (example: Allowing one's son to continue living in the same house with the sisters he molested, for instance) but one will go to jail if one messes with the IRS. They're not going to care about TLC's filming schedule.

41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Only if they go through filing all the proper paperwork as a religious non-profit with the IRS which as far as anyone can tell, JB never has.

His finances would undergo even more scrutiny than Jilly Muffin and Triple D's.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Clergy also typically have a college degree, which KJB does not possess.

:clears throat: Clergy are also mandatory reporters, aren't they?

It's not stopping Ben with his community college degree in Poly Sci or Jeremy whose degree is in something like business. Or Derick, who COULD be KJB's accountant this year, provided Jilly gets knocked up, and they can't return to Danger America until the Next Coming Big White Baby is born. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's not stopping Ben with his community college degree in Poly Sci or Jeremy whose degree is in something like business. Or Derick, who COULD be KJB's accountant this year, provided Jilly gets knocked up, and they can't return to Danger America until the Next Coming Big White Baby is born. 

If Triple D agrees to do the accounting for what I'm sure is a complicated maze of LLC's and "businesses", he's out of his tiny mind. He'll be the one going to jail if there are irregularities in the accounting, NOT KJB. (Well, if KJB committed fraud via those returns, he could find himself with a new roommate.)

Bin can call himself whatever he'd like but their tax returns most likely say "student". Occasional appearances on reality TV are not a business. And his YouTube "sermons" don't make him a pastor. 

• Love 5

This quote from the article puts everything I despise about the Duggars in a neat little bow:

"They are such a gift and we’re enjoying them so much,” Michelle added. “We would love more, and the power of the Lord took our faith to give us another one.”

Does this mean less faithful people have fewer blessings? It's certainly what she implies, and I see this attitude permeating all aspects of all of the Duggars' lives, at least the ones who have been allowed to communicate via social media (and I don't mean cute kiddie pics). I mean just about everything that any kidult or their spouse posts, including Jessa flaunting Spurge's "monthly" picture gallery. Last month, she flaunted her duck trophy the day they announced Jinger's engagement. This was not an honest mistake. They know the PR calendar of events leading up to each season of the show.

• Love 6

Sounds the same to me as "we prayed for Grandpa's recovery, and praise the Lord, he was cured", and other Grandpa who was prayed for wasn't cured.  What's up with that - second family didn't pray hard enough, right enough, or their Grandpa wasn't worthy enough?

• Love 7

After watching that video clip of the today show, Josh seemed very unimpressed about #18.  The little ones were like, "whatever," and the girls seemed forced excitement, as if they were told we are going to tell you something exciting, be prepared to be over the top.  Josh definitely understood about the ovulation calendar  and the whole menstrual cycle though, poor man, no way should an 18 or 19 year old need to know about his Mum's menstrual cycle.  No wonder he is so screwed up, he is so a product of his parent's absolute stupidity.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Aja said:

It's bullshit anyway. Plotting conception like a NASA engineer (with a LITERAL flowchart) isn't letting "the Lord" decide anything.

I dont' know whether to LMAO or puke. Thanks a lot! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aja said:

It's bullshit anyway. Plotting conception like a NASA engineer (with a LITERAL flowchart) isn't letting "the Lord" decide anything.

But they marked the dates on the calendar and prayed real hard! Plus, it's a lot of work to have sex that much. Poor KJB is probably exhausted!

One has to wonder if J-Chelle calls the girls' dorm on the monitor and asks if Janarella will make poor Daddy a sandwich. He needs to keep his strength up, y'know.

• Love 5

We've seen a teenage Janarella hand off a He-Man breakfast to Boob at 5am to take with him as he drove Mechelle to the hospital to deliver either Jackson, Jenni, or Hannie (sorry, her labors all bleed together for me, aside from Josie). That scene makes me cringe to this day. Get something to eat at the hospital, you fucking clown. You don't have to eat RIGHT THAT MINUTE! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

That scene always made me laugh.  If I had been in labor in a car someone eating breakfast in the car is about the last thing anyone would want to do.  I stayed nauseated from days after conception until the day after delivery and food in the car with labor would have caused very unpleasant consequences. 

• Love 1

He's such a selfish asshole. Like I said before, it's going to be a while; there was certainly plenty of time to grab a quick breakfast at the hospital. It wasn't THAT early. My husband works in a hospital kitchen and had to be at work at 4:30 am for years. There's food at 5-6 am. No need to get Jana out of bed to cook for his sorry ass. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We've seen a teenage Janarella hand off a He-Man breakfast to Boob at 5am to take with him as he drove Mechelle to the hospital to deliver either Jackson, Jenni, or Hannie (sorry, her labors all bleed together for me, aside from Josie). That scene makes me cringe to this day. Get something to eat at the hospital, you fucking clown. You don't have to eat RIGHT THAT MINUTE! 

That one scene proved to me, more than any other, just what a sonofabitch Jim Bob Duggar really is.  Jchelle was in active, ACTIVE labor; you could see the pain written all over her face.  And that selfish, self-centered POS couldn't even wait until he got her checked into the hospital to eat breakfast.  Granted she wouldn't have felt any better after getting to the hospital (since they don't believe in epidurals, etc.) but still.  It just showed me what a prick he really is.

• Love 12

Yeah, Mechelle wasn't doing so hot at that point. Am I right that he at least got her loaded into the SUV before getting his breakfast from Jana? I HOPE I'm remembering that correctly, If not, it proves that he cares more about his virility than his wife trying to deliver them safely into the world. Even in the best case scenario, he comes out looking very, very bad. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, Mechelle wasn't doing so hot at that point. Am I right that he at least got her loaded into the SUV before getting his breakfast from Jana? I HOPE I'm remembering that correctly, If not, it proves that he cares more about his virility than his wife trying to deliver them safely into the world. Even in the best case scenario, he comes out looking very, very bad. 

Yes, he got her into the car and ate while driving to the hospital.  It wasn't a breakfast sandwich either.  It was a large pile of scrambled eggs and toast, if I remember correctly.  She probably had to feed him between contractions.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's such a selfish asshole. Like I said before, it's going to be a while; there was certainly plenty of time to grab a quick breakfast at the hospital. It wasn't THAT early. My husband works in a hospital kitchen and had to be at work at 4:30 am for years. There's food at 5-6 am. No need to get Jana out of bed to cook for his sorry ass. 

I don't think Jana ever sleeps. Wasn't she the one who got stuck going to the hospital with Michelle when Jill had her C-section? IIRC, it was after midnight and she didn't look too enthused. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why one of his kids hasn't hauled off and hit him with a frying pan by now is beyond me. He's not just insufferable. He's proud of it.

• Love 16

What I don't understand is someone needing a  cooked breakfast in that circumstance. Surely they keep peanut butter in that house! Breakfast of champions. 

I did Natural Family Planning for a while, and my chart included multicolored stickers with little babies on them. My young children were fascinated by them, which was  why I kept the calendar and stickers hidden on a high shelf. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 9

Jim Bob is such a jerk. 

I have more patience with Michelle because I think she has mental problems and a lot of shit going on.  I feel Michelle is unstable and probably does her best even though it is really oddball and bizarre.   

Jim Bob is just such a self involved jerk. 

• Love 9

I'm not sure if Michelle normally does epidurals or not.  I don't think she's been very open about it.  She could get other medications though and at least get to the hospital before the contractions get so close together where every bump is horrible.

I don't ever remember Mechelle mentioning any kind of pain relief in her labors. However, I immediately default to Mechelle Martyr Mode and believe that she says one thing that makes her look good while doing something else entirely behind the scenes. With HIPAA, we will never know the truth. 

• Love 3

I think Michelle was more in control in the past.  lately, i think she has really lost it.  She was always a nutter but now she really seems to be out of it and not well. 

No snark here: I think Jubilee probably put her over the edge. Loosing a baby is no joke. Michelle was expected to smile and recite Bible verses when she really needed to cry, scream and grieve deeply.  Emotions like that are not allowed with many intense religious groups becasue that shows weakness of faith. She really has not been her wacky self since Jubilee.  But she got no help and no support other than that Bible verse that they drag out at the most tragic times  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."   Because that helps a grieving woman.  Can you even imagine Jim Bob trying to comfort Michelle? Chanting Bible verses one after the other? 

No wonder Michelle is so messed up. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Michelle was expected to smile and recite Bible verses when she really needed to cry, scream and grieve deeply.  Emotions like that are not allowed with many intense religious groups becasue that shows weakness of faith.

I thought Michelle did an excellent job of showing us her grief. In fact it was the only time I've seen her show that kind of emotion. I do have to add that I felt a big part of showing her grief and have the big funeral filmed was to highlight an important part of the Duggar pro life ministry. 

• Love 1

Regarding the sonogram when  they found out Jubilee had died - If it had been me, I would have been left speechless & my mind numb but a second had barely passed when Boob & MEchelle started with "the Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away." They are programmed with bible verses no matter what the occasion.  It's like they just repeat the verse but don't comprehend the meaning just to look Godly.

• Love 6

"If you were really saved, you would be filled with joy knowing your mother is in Heaven. There is no room for grief in the Kingdom of God"   See how he did that?  He accused me of not being saved because I was sad.  A few weeks later, I picked up the prayer list and my name appeared under the "Unsaved List".   My husband and I left in the middle of the service and never went back.  They never called me either.  Why?  I was shunned.  And this was not a closed off IFB Gothard church...imagine what the Duggars are truly involved with? 

I'm sorry you went though that. At least you learned who your real friends weren't. "This isn't heaven, you son of a bitch, and I'm sad!" is always an acceptable retort.

.   Poor Anna must be so messed up in the head by now.  Even IF she chooses to stay (which we all agree is insane) she should still be allowed her feeling...anger, hatred, sadness, loss, rage etc.   

Oh, I think at some point in the future there's an inevitable snap for Anna, and likely Josh too.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Regarding the sonogram when  they found out Jubilee had died - If it had been me, I would have been left speechless & my mind numb but a second had barely passed when Boob & MEchelle started with "the Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away." They are programmed with bible verses no matter what the occasion.  It's like they just repeat the verse but don't comprehend the meaning just to look Godly.

That has always made me think that was a re-enactment and not the original moment.

• Love 4

i thought that was strange too when Michelle quickly recited a Bible verse.  Her mind started to freak out (like a normal person) and she said to herself "REPRESS, REPRESS, SAY BIBLE VERSE!!!"  

This is encouraged and expected.  Any emotion other than Joy of the Lord is heresy. This is why I know Michelle is a nutter but I have some sympathy for her.  her life cannot be easy with Jim Bob and such a rigid belief system shoved down her throat constantly.  Michelle seems brainwashed most times and then occasionally she actually speaks like herself...but then quickly shifts back into character.  Michelle is a psychiatric mess. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That has always made me think that was a re-enactment and not the original moment.

The US tech telling her she lost the baby, and not the Doctor telling her instead clinches it. Not reality.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13

That is a good point.

A sonotech ALWAYS has to get the doctor for confirmation. I didn't notice who was doing the scan. I've had 7 miscarriages so that scene is a big trigger for me. (I do have 5 kids so every sono wasn't all bad!)

And where were all the kids?  They always crowd into the room and announce whether they want a boy or girl...rather than say "I just hope the baby is healthy".

Why weren't the kids there? 

• Love 3

I agree with Marigold that Michelle's personal sanity is fragile at best. Though I don't respect Michelle  much, I have some compassion for because it doesn't take mental health professional or medical credentials to see that something is "off" about Michelle. 

As a feminist, it sickens me to see how neither Michelle nor her daughter's get to be their own people. Michelle may have chosen to be under Christian patriarchy, but her daughter's got no say in the matter and are regarded as less than chattel in the eyes of their overlords. Then all these stupid modesty rules and  perverse Gothard ideas regarding female sexuality....and shaming girls for their own sexual assaults.

I also agree with Marigold that losing Jubilee was definitely the tipping point.  Then nearly losing Josie as well and then her favorite son's sex scandals became public knowledge were the final nails in her coffin wrt to any shred of sanity she had left. 

Jim Bob, OTOH, I have no sympathy at all for him. He's a jerk of a husband.  What man who has a shred of compassion for his wife would keep siring child after child after he saw his wife melt down from being overwhelmed?  I think Michelle was more addicted to being pregnant because of the attention it got her and raised her worth in Gothard land.  I have had women tell me that the only time they ever felt good or at their best was when they were pregnant..maybe her hormone levels stayed to where she felt good during pregnancy and breastfeeding and then ready for the next one...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jim Bob, OTOH, I have no sympathy at all for him. He's a jerk of a husband.  What man who has a shred of compassion for his wife would keep siring child after child after he saw his wife melt down from being overwhelmed?  I think Michelle was more addicted to being pregnant because of the attention it got her and raised her worth in Gothard land.  I have had women tell me that the only time they ever felt good or at their best was when they were pregnant..maybe her hormone levels stayed to where she felt good during pregnancy and breastfeeding and then ready for the next one...

Randy Yates is such a man. I'll never understand why he's not rotting in jail for his role in that tragedy.

Jim Bob's been a pretty lucky bastard of a husband. Maybe keeping the TV show has required Michelle to hold her crazy in check.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Randy Yates is such a man. I'll never understand why he's not rotting in jail for his role in that tragedy.

Ugh, and the fact that he got to start over with a new wife and kid really just adds insult to injury. 

When it comes to Boob and Michelle though, I can't tell which one is driving the Crazy Train. They're both equally nuts. 

• Love 2

This is going to sound harsh and is not a global statement.

Part of me wondered if Michelle miscarrying early in the pregnancy was not met with some relief. Between her own health issues while pregnant with Josie and Josie's rough start, I would think that the thought of another pregnancy would be scary.

I'm not disregarding the sorrow and grief of miscarriage, my sister miscarried twice so I felt and saw the pain.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I agree with Marigold that Michelle's personal sanity is fragile at best. Though I don't respect Michelle  much, I have some compassion for because it doesn't take mental health professional or medical credentials to see that something is "off" about Michelle. 

As a feminist, it sickens me to see how neither Michelle nor her daughter's get to be their own people. Michelle may have chosen to be under Christian patriarchy, but her daughter's got no say in the matter and are regarded as less than chattel in the eyes of their overlords. Then all these stupid modesty rules and  perverse Gothard ideas regarding female sexuality....and shaming girls for their own sexual assaults.

I also agree with Marigold that losing Jubilee was definitely the tipping point.  Then nearly losing Josie as well and then her favorite son's sex scandals became public knowledge were the final nails in her coffin wrt to any shred of sanity she had left. 

Your last paragraph perfectly illustrates the dynamic here, I think...Who knows which of them is the more powerful instigator of Michelle's perpetual pregnancies? Jim Bob gets the satisfaction of proving himself the manliest of studs, but Michelle is just as addicted to the attention, the hormones, etc, and their beliefs just reinforce the preexisting tendencies. It's win-win in their eyes, while a no-win situation in so may ways. Jim Bob may be a jerk of a husband for many other reasons, but I doubt that were he to have insisted on slowing down the baby mill after the first seven or eight, that Michelle wouldn't try to coax more out of him. She was too entrenched in it herself by then.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When it comes to Boob and Michelle though, I can't tell which one is driving the Crazy Train. They're both equally nuts. 

Well, as a lady I knew always used to say, "At least they didn't spoil two couples." ...... Just 19 kids. And four kid-in-laws. And six "grandbabies." And counting.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Your last paragraph perfectly illustrates the dynamic here, I think...Who knows which of them is the more powerful instigator of Michelle's perpetual pregnancies? Jim Bob gets the satisfaction of proving himself the manliest of studs, but Michelle is just as addicted to the attention, the hormones, etc, and their beliefs just reinforce the preexisting tendencies. It's win-win in their eyes, while a no-win situation in so may ways. Jim Bob may be a jerk of a husband for many other reasons, but I doubt that were he to have insisted on slowing down the baby mill after the first seven or eight, that Michelle wouldn't try to coax more out of him. She was too entrenched in it herself by then.

Kool aid couples, like other dysfunctional pairs, are enmeshed in complex ways, Jim Bob the loser/patriarch and Michelle the flirtatious sinner/holy mother. The third party in this is Gothardism, of course, that feeds off of people's insecurities and provides a closed system in which their dysfunctions play out in an endless loop.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think if after the laundry room breakdown when Joseph was a baby if Michelle had said "no more", JB would've gotten a vasectomy (or Michelle a tubal). JB may be a lot of things but I think his affection for Michelle is real, and would've deferred to her on that, especially how much work was involved before the J-slaves were old enough to help. 

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think if after the laundry room breakdown when Joseph was a baby if Michelle had said "no more", JB would've gotten a vasectomy (or Michelle a tubal). JB may be a lot of things but I think his affection for Michelle is real, and would've deferred to her on that, especially how much work was involved before the J-slaves were old enough to help. 

I think he adores her, but it's a selfish kind of love. True,  sacrificial, biblical love for another means putting the other's  health and best interests over what one may selfishly desire. I think theyre both messed up individually, but together, their dysfunctions are quite complementary to one another's.

• Love 9

KJB is obsessed with the idea that other guys think he's "manly" because he's impregnated the hot cheerleader 21 times (and counting). J-Chelle doesn't have to do any work so more and more and more and more kids (and more and more and more and more attention) worked for her. Imagine the week or so post-Joshley Madison scandal in that house; they thought that God was "blessing them" for their Tee Vee "ministry".

There were some real winners in my former church, but the Duggars out-crazy them. It's an achievement.

• Love 3