Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

The way these spoilers are heading I think in my head I will pretend that 100/101 was the Glee series finale. This was then followed by a New York spin off that was cancelled, followed by a reboot by CW in the vein of 90210 which stumbled out of the gate.

• Love 3

SO:  Kurt and Blaine both REUNITE and GET MARRIED in the next episode?  REALLY?  Wow.

I'm surprised we don't get at least one episode of every single extra they run into thinking they're together so Kurt can say, "oh we're not a couple," a bazillion times before they say "I do."

• Love 2

Seems like Kurt/Blaine got handed the Ross/Rachel ending once Cory passed.  As much as I loathe Kurt/Blaine I feel for their fans because slapped together endings with no build-up are never satisfying.  Not even with Glee doing a 7 year or so time jump in the last episode.  I am sure Kurt/Blaine will still be together but the show will not have earned that.  For a show that earned their "feel good time jump" ending see the recent series finale of Parenthood.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

f yeah, glee club ‏@fyeahgleeclub

[NEWS] For the people worried about a lost episode/nothing airing in the March 13 slot, "We Built This Glee Club" is airing that day

f yeah, glee club @fyeahgleeclub  ·  27m 27 minutes ago

[NEWS] Jonathan Groff's first episode back is actually "We Built This Glee Club," not the finale

IT’S TIME FOR…SECTIONALS! ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, MARCH 13, ON FOX

Jonathan Groff (“Looking”) Guest-Stars

New Directions and the Warblers go head-to-head at sectionals. Meanwhile, Rachel must choose between returning to NYADA and doing another Broadway show with her past love, Jesse St. James (guest star Groff), in the all-new “We Built This Glee Club” episode of GLEE airing Friday, March 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-612) (TV-14; D, L) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jane Lynch as Sue; and Matthew Morrison as Will; Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Lauren Potter as Becky; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Laura Dreyfuss as Madison McCarthy; Billy Lewis Jr. as Mason McCarthy; Samantha Ware as Jane Hayward; Marshall Williams as Spencer Porter and Noah Guthrie as Roderick

Guest Cast: Jonathan Groff as Jesse St. James

????? Schedule????

2/20 - A Wedding

2/27 - Child Star

3/6 - Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester

3/13 - We built this city

3/20 - 2009 and Dream come true

Edited by tom87

Apparently "I Kissed a Girl" will also be in the episode 2009. Probably Tina getting her full audition shown (and one last Tina meta joke).

So the third time they've used this song. It's not even a good song! Is this really the best they can do for the SERIES finale?!

• Love 4

IT’S TIME FOR…SECTIONALS! ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, MARCH 13, ON FOX

Jonathan Groff (“Looking”) Guest-Stars

New Directions and the Warblers go head-to-head at sectionals. Meanwhile, Rachel must choose between returning to NYADA and doing another Broadway show with her past love, Jesse St. James (guest star Groff), in the all-new “We Built This Glee Club” episode of GLEE airing Friday, March 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-612) (TV-14; D, L) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jane Lynch as Sue; and Matthew Morrison as Will; Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Lauren Potter as Becky; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Laura Dreyfuss as Madison McCarthy; Billy Lewis Jr. as Mason McCarthy; Samantha Ware as Jane Hayward; Marshall Williams as Spencer Porter and Noah Guthrie as Roderick

Guest Cast: Jonathan Groff as Jesse St. James

St. Berry >>>>>> Samchel

• Love 11

So unlike what was speculated it looks like Jesse is not back as VA coach. As for Rachel of course she has both NYADA and Broadway as prospects. I mean it isn't like she didn't blow up her chance at both just 6-8 months prior. Oh wait.

As far as what she does I am betting she chooses NYADA and that will be how they show she has grown up some.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 7

So yeah, Jesse isn't VA coach as some people were trying to pass off as fact. Not gonna lie, Jesse on Broadway is filling me with glee!

It seems likely that Rachel will get back to NYADA if they want to show growth. But judging from how they made Blaine cheat again and not confess until Karofsky dragged it out of him, I'm very very cautiously optimistic. 

But I'll take anything to get her and the rest out of Lima (save Sam, his assistant coach position in New Jersey is under question, methinks).

• Love 2

All I know is that if I don't get one last Rachel/Jesse duet before this awful, awful show ends I can not be held accountable for my actions. Truth.

I'm already preparing myself for being disapointed at there never being another Will/Rachel duet though. Stupid show!

• Love 8

All I know is that if I don't get one last Rachel/Jesse duet before this awful, awful show ends I can not be held accountable for my actions. Truth.

I'm already preparing myself for being disapointed at there never being another Will/Rachel duet though. Stupid show!

I could rant all day long about the lack of Will/Rachel duets. How do you not have your two most well-respected Broadway veterans( excluding guest stars) sing more together?

• Love 5

I'm just ecstatic that

1)Jesse wasn't brought back as VA's coach &

2)he's in a Broadway show where he's always belonged. I really don' t care what Rachel chooses re NYADA or Broadway, I'll be happy if they are both in N.Y. and Sam isn' t. My head canon can take care of the rest.

My only other wish is that Jesse gets to sing. Oh well apparently Groff gets to sing a little in the new Frozen short that comes out in March (although it's probably just a snippet again. :-(

• Love 7

Seriously? Rachel has both NYADA and Broadway as viable options after quitting both? This goes well beyond juvenile wish fulfillment.

The only way I can get on board with Rachel getting back in NYADA is if she has to start all over again and Carmen makes her, her personal assistant or something. 

But the Jesse St. James of it all I love! And I do love that no matter what it seems like Rachel will go back to NY. 

• Love 1

If Rachel chooses NYADA over another Broadway show that will be yet another bad decision. How I wish the show would stop forcing this whole "growth"  and "being a team player" crap on this character and let her chase her ambitions. No actor in real life would chose college over a Broadway show (unless the show looked like it would be complete crap).

I'm guessing Sam/Kurt/some random male will lecture her and convince her into enrolling back in.

• Love 8

But not showing any growth is how Rachel screwed up her first shot at both NYADA and Broadway. Everything that Carmen warned her would happen, happened. She may have the talent and the drive, but she was missing the foundation and structure. And because Carmen had been around long enough and I'm sure seen enough Rachel's in her time, she could see exactly what Rachel was running into. And Rachel couldn't. And I don't even fault her (too much), because she was, what 19 at the time and had been on her own for all of a year. She just didn't have the life experience that Carmen had. It happens. 19 year olds tend to think they know everything. But at some point you have to grow up. Admit your mistakes and fix them. Rachel going back to school (even though I don't think Carmen should let her back in after how she talked to her) would give her the discipline she needs to be successful on Broadway. She's got the talent a drive part down, but as,she saw it takes more than that.

• Love 1

Given that she didn't have the foundation to handle the responsibility of Broadway before I think she would be chasing her ambitions if she chose NYADA. Like it or not a Broadway show is a team effort so if Rachel wants to be successful there she needs to learn how to work within that construct. NYADA, as presented on Glee can give her that.

• Love 4

"Sam, his assistant coach position in New Jersey is under question, methinks)." Is this an actual plot point for this season? Wow, I'm speechless if it is or was!

Hilariously, no (yet!). There is a poster here who's been adamant it'll happen though - that Coach Beiste arranges for it for Sam so that he can join Rachel in NY 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

"Sam, his assistant coach position in New Jersey is under question, methinks)." Is this an actual plot point for this season? Wow, I'm speechless if it is or was!

I think it was more speculation on the part of posters who feel that Samchele is endgame.

Eta: or what Fakeempress just posted as I was typing. :-)

Edited by Casual Viewing

Thank you both. I haven't been following this season too closely after it became obvious to me that it was going to be ALL about Rachel and everyone catering to her. I come back and then I read that Rachel once again will have a choice between NYADA and another Broadway play. Failing to see any importance for this last season other than Ryan Murphy getting his choir room back and his obsession with Lea.

Thank you - Fakeempress and Casual Viewing for the clarification. I just really hope the whole Samchel mess comes to a swift end. It serves no purpose other than using Sam to get Rachel ready to date again and to add a little drama by trying to create a love triangle (in the words of Lea) even though it never was a triangle. So many different ways the show could have approached this. But since Glee only knows how to write cheating, love triangles, and cheating I'm not even surprised.

• Love 3

Now that we know Rachel  most likely goes back to NY as a student or back on bway maybe the big highly debated Sam and Rachel scene in the park was a break up scene?

Can't say I am upset Rachel has to choose between school and Bway but I still wish they had left NYADA out of it and just had her get accepted to another school.

Seriously? Rachel has both NYADA and Broadway as viable options after quitting both? This goes well beyond juvenile wish fulfillment.  

At this point I can only conclude that the writers are doing it on purpose: that they are giving the fans what they want but in such an OTT, unrealistic and twisted way that noone can be really happy with it, sans maybe the few most hardcore fans.

Same can be said for the way they are reuniting Klaine, with crazy-Klainer Jigsue and them getting married in the same episode they get back together (after they probably both were having sex with other men merely a week prior).

I know they are horrible writers (when they get lazy and uninterested), but even RIB should be aware that this is ridiculous and going too far, but yet they're still doing it.

It's either deliberate or they simply don't care anymore, or most likely a combination of the two.

I agree, but would NYADA actually teach her not get bored after another month of performances on BW? 

If she can stay in a college for 4 years where she won't always being the one in the spotlight, where she will have to be a team player, be required to fulfill her commitments, do the boring groundwork with the rest of the students, and meet any other of her teachers' demands or else she's out, then Rachel will have learned a lot and be much more ready to deal with the real working life on Broadway.

NYADA would teach her discipline, perseverance, loyalty, teamwork: things Rachel really needs in order to survive and not get bored of 8 shows a week for at least a year.

-ETA-

Having said that, I still think Rachel should not have been allowed back into NYADA. She should have apologized to Carmen and then tried to get into another performing arts college in New York, and that would perhaps have made me root for her again.

But ugh, giving Rachel not only another chance at NYADA but also the opportunity to be in another Broadway show is too undeserved and insipid to even think about. What a way to ruin a character (and her arc of the last season).

Edited by Glorfindel

What angers me about Rachel's storyline is that it treats just being talented as the cure-all for all the fuck-ups Rachel has managed to squeeze into her very brief professional career. In the real world, there are mistakes that can't be undone just because you're regretful and talented. Rachel would rightly be pegged an unemployable because she cannot be counted on to fulfill her professional obligations and the closest she would come to stepping foot in a Broadway theater for an extended period would be if she bought a ticket. But this is the Teflon Snowflake, where nothing sticks for long and who gets chances that no one in the real world (or in the Glee universe not named Rachel Berry) would get in a million years because she's Special.

Hard work, perseverance in the face of obstacles and dedication is for suckers. The only ones who "deserve" not just success, but having everyone around them doing their damnedest to make sure that they are successful are these Special ones. Rachel's going to have all these doors that would rightly be locked against her swing open not because she worked hard and proved that she's learned her lessons, but because she's too special to be kept out. If in the flashback episode they have a scene of Rachel selling her soul to the Devil for Broadway success, it would be an entirely believable scenario given how all this panned out.

• Love 1
What a way to ruin a character (and her arc of the last season)

Pretty much did that last season when they pretended all of a sudden she would get bored with Bway so they could get the whole show back to Lima.

• Love 6

Wow I honestly thought that Rachel would remain in Lima at the end, saying she had discovered a love of teaching.   I didn't think this show could still surprise me.

I'm assuming that Rachel is offered the show due to Jesse St. James.   It's really good to see he finally made it.    And now Jesse St. James is Jesse St. James but Sam has those Abs.............I don't think I can pick.   Can Rachel keep them both?    As long as it's not Finn.

And I am super glad Whoopi Goldberg will be back, for some reason I love when Rachel get's to interact with Carmen.    

Jesse St. James is Jesse St. James but Sam has those Abs.............I don't think I can pick.   Can Rachel keep them both?    As long as it's not Finn.

Well, it can't be Finn. For obvious reasons. Isn't it a bit moot to hate on Finchel now that the pairing can't happen anyways?

Pretty much did that last season when they pretended all of a sudden she would get bored with Bway so they could get the whole show back to Lima.

I thought they did that when she stopped working for anything and got it all handed to her.

I hate that Whoopi Goldberg is back, she was great for her first episode. The ones in between made her look like a pushover.

Thing I find funny about is I'm expected to believe all these people want to help Rachel. Not only do I not buy that, I can't believe there are not people actively trying to sabotage her. There's an old saying, 'be nice to people on the way up, you'll meet them on the way back down.' Rachel Berry was not nice to people on the way up, they would all be waiting for her. NYADA students, everyone who worked on Funny Girl, and frankly, in my view everyone in glee club, except possibly Kurt.

Wow I honestly thought that Rachel would remain in Lima at the end, saying she had discovered a love of teaching. I didn't think this show could still surprise me.

Who knows? Maybe Rachel will ditch both options after proving she could do either when she realizes what she truly wants is to teach...and maybe learn a few students' names.

I agree but I was stupidly hopping they would fix this mistake this season. I didn't think they would make it worst. This was the one story that I thought the writers would care enough to write it good, not only because Rachel is the lead character but because this was one story-line that started from 1x01 and continued onward. 

To me, this just show that the writers really don't care about this show. 

Look, I don't have an issue with the show eventually having Rachel returning to Broadway at the end of her storyline. But Jesus Christ on a cracker... can't they make it at all logical or satisfactory? Do they have to do everything short of having her literally ride in on the shoulders of her friends because she's just too precious to be left sad as a result of her own decisions. So far, she's done absolutely nothing to deserve even the slightest consideration, let alone having all these doors being held open for her. I don't mind them ending the show with her triumph over all adversity, but would it really kill them to make her work up a little bit of a sweat over it?

• Love 4

True, maybe I should have said something like that they now are making sure that the way they ruined her back then really sticks, by running that bus over her a few times more.

Not only did they let her do nothing this season to get herself somewhat redeemed from her ruination of last season, but they repeat the same pattern that ruined her last time, by giving her way more than she should get in the first place without really working for it, and then having her drop at least one of those golden opportunities handed to her (and if it's NYADA after Carmen takes her back then it would look really bad) along with the new ND kids who she promised to coach and not abandon.

• Love 1

I am not for instaNYADA or instaB'way. BUT what makes me angry is that it's the getting bored with B'way and not working hard which is the OOC for Rachel. This woman used to wake up at six thirty to practice, had her neighbours complaining and kept going on in the face of much adversity. The canon that Rachel doesn't have discipline is what is stupid and should be corrected. IN that sense, I don't see a problem with her ending up on Broadway even without a college degree, because seriously, i think most Broadway stars don't? So I don't see why Rachel needs that. It's really the Karen-ification of Rachel that I objected to the most. IF they correct that, i'm game. 

Of course, they had Jesse flunk out of college too (this still hurts, guys) so...i don't know...

• Love 3

I am not for instaNYADA or instaB'way. BUT what makes me angry is that it's the getting bored with B'way and not working hard which is the OOC for Rachel. This woman used to wake up at six thirty to practice, had her neighbours complaining and kept going on in the face of much adversity. The canon that Rachel doesn't have discipline is what is stupid and should be corrected. IN that sense, I don't see a problem with her ending up on Broadway even without a college degree, because seriously, i think most Broadway stars don't? So I don't see why Rachel needs that. It's really the Karen-ification of Rachel that I objected to the most. IF they correct that, i'm game. 

Yes 5+ seasons of being the one that went the extra mile dashed for a plot point.

• Love 4