Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

I don't think that Kim was bluffing in Amsterdam when she said that if Lisa R continued talking about her then she would spill dirt about Harry / Lisa's homelife.  However, just because she had something in mind does not mean that it is true, for example I remember back in the day Eileen Davidson was rumored to be transgendered and presumably that's not true. 

OMG you remember that rumor!  When that rumor came out in the 90s the message boards were hot on that one!  But it's already being reported Kim's lying about Harry via TMZ.  She probably used the Harry angle as a means of deflection away from her own problems.  Again Brandi taught her well.

• Love 2

Who cares if Kim does have something on Lisa and Harry?  What I mean by that is... how does this excuse Kim's behavior?  Because Lisa is a person whose life isn't perfect that then means Kim was right to threaten her with it?  Kim's non-sobriety is not a secret.  Lisa has not "outed" Kim in any way.  Kim did all of that, starting in Season 1.  If Kim does have something on Lisa, then shame on her.  She's truly a sociopath.  No empathy to others' pain. 

• Love 18

But was Kim really ever a SUPERSTAR? I remember her but up until I started watching the RHoBH I couldnt have told you what her name was, I knew Christy McNichol and still remembered her name all these years later, I remember Lief Garrette (or however you spell his last name) I remember quite a few superstars from the late 70s and 80s but I couldn't remember Kim Richard's name. It wasn't until they explained on the show that she was on the Witch Mountain Movies I had no clue who Kim Richards was. Maybe I'm alone there.

You are not alone.

• Love 4

I am still mystified why Kim just didn't say thank you and move on. 

Consider me stymied as well. Not by Kim. But by Lisar. All the women had a little impromptu conversation in the kitchen on poker night where Kim's addiction/substance abuse was indeed discussed. That should have been the end of it. Lisar claims to have seen addictions up close(its in her blood, according to Lisar herself). Surely Lisar, that insight would  make you aware that addicts don't NEED to talk about it on camera against their wishes. People who truly care about addicts wouldn't badger them incessantly on camera because it only adds to further the humiliation. Recovering addicts slip and relapse. It's all a part of the process. Too bad all that proximity to family members' addictions didn't teach you basic discretion.

• Love 4
(edited)

Something is sketchy about that Amster-damn dinner and it wasn't necessarily the argument.

Excerpt-

"According to TMZ, Kim was also acting–some may call it improv–when she went off on Lisa Rinna in Amsterdam on the most recent episode. As you may recall, in order to deflect from her co-stars concerns about her sobriety, Kim alleged that Lisa was harboring a dark secret about husband Harry Hamlin. The accusation prompted Lisa (also an actress, and the original Billie on Days of Our Lives, Brandi!!) to channel her inner performer, complete with screaming and wine glass shattering antics. When will these women learn that it’s never okay to waste wine?

The site is claiming that Kim made up the whole bit about Harry having skeletons in the closet just to piss off her newbie co-star. Sources close to the show reveal that Kim was hoping to rattle Lisa so she’d stop harping on Kim’s perceived problems. The same insiders share that Kim will admit to her tall tale when the trip is rehashed on the reunion.

While I’m not shocked by this news in any way, shape, or form, it does beg the question…if Kim had no dirt on Harry, why did Lisa get so upset? If Kim was lying, there wasn’t any need for Lisa to fly off the handle. Rather she should have chalked up the accusation to yet another indicator of Kim’s issues. Interesting…isn’t that what actors call a “tell”?"

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/03/06/kim-richards-fabricate-accusations-lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-weeks-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

As much as I would like to believe that Kim was simply making it up, I think there had to be more to it than that.  Not only did Lisar instantly react the way she did, but the others seemed pretty horrified.  Not baffled, not confused, not, "What is Crazy Kim babbling about now?", but more a kind of shock that she had gone there.

In pretty much the same way the other HW's reacted when Brandi blabbed the Adrienne secret a few seasons ago.   I think up until then there had been sort of an unspoken (or maybe a spoken) trust that there were certain things they all knew but would keep quiet about while filming.  And then Brandi opened up her big mouth to all of America about something so intensely personal that none of the others ever would have dreamed of revealing.  So I think they learned then that Truth Cannon Brandi was likely to say anything at anytime.  Fast-forward to the Lisar wine toss dinner, and I think they were shocked all over again because this time it wasn't Brandi - It was Kim.

So it makes me think that there was something - untrue rumor, something real, or whatever - that was out there, that they all knew about, but kind of trusted each other not to bring up on camera.  I really hate to think there is some deep, dark Harry rumor that clearly is painful for Lisar, but it certainly looks that way to me.

I also think we'll never know because I kind of believe the story that Kim has been told to say there was nothing to the whole thing and she simply made it up.  (Either way, Kim is despicable.)

And on another note:  I loved the shot that Kyle took at Brandi in her blog (re her lawyer). They've let Brandi off far too easy, IMO, every season so far.  No blow in her direction is too low.  Can you imagine if it had been Kyle who was photographed with her tampon string hanging out?  Brandi would not have hesitated to announce it loud & clear to a nationwide television audience, and would not ever have been as thoughtful as the other women were when they decided not to discuss Brandi's tampon incident on-camera out of respect for her children.  I certainly don't want to see her children hurt, but I would love to see the other HWs fight back at least a bit more when she attacks them in her THs and in her blog.  She's the lowest of the low, IMO, and deserves every bit of crap that karma hopefully will be sending her way.

And........I watched over & over, and still can't figure out what set Brandi off out in the street in Amsterdam.  I tend to muti-task when I watch, so I thought I missed something, and re-wound my DVR.  Again & again.  I'm currently on medication that is affecting me cognitively, so maybe it's just me.  But what am I missing?

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 11

Consider me stymied as well. Not by Kim. But by Lisar. All the women had a little impromptu conversation in the kitchen on poker night where Kim's addiction/substance abuse was indeed discussed. That should have been the end of it. Lisar claims to have seen addictions up close(its in her blood, according to Lisar herself). Surely Lisar, that insight would  make you aware that addicts don't NEED to talk about it on camera against their wishes. People who truly care about addicts wouldn't badger them incessantly on camera because it only adds to further the humiliation. Recovering addicts slip and relapse. It's all a part of the process. Too bad all that proximity to family members' addictions didn't teach you basic discretion.

It would have stopped if Kim would have offered a plausible, believable explanation and apologized instead of being such an entitled snot.  Kim has destroyed what five or six relationships with her arrogance and vicious attitude.  No wonder she has to scape the bottom of the barrel and pal around with Brandi.  It was her friend Brandi who made the concerned speech to Lisar, it was her friend Yolanda who decided it would be a good idea for everyone to talk about something deep and she led with her daughter's DUI. Come to think of it, Yolanda did the scavenger hunt and then had the gall to see if relationships were mended with the stupid childish activity. 

Well it is water under the bridge at his point Kim behaved in such away to bring her sobriety front and center-again.  Perhaps Kim should not be such a needy slob and the others would not feel the need to constantly try and appease her.

• Love 5

As much as I would like to believe that Kim was simply making it up, I think there had to be more to it than that.  Not only did Lisar instantly react the way she did, but the others seemed pretty horrified.  Not baffled, not confused, not, "What is Crazy Kim babbling about now?", but more a kind of shock that she had gone there.

In pretty much the same way the other HW's reacted when Brandi blabbed the Adrienne secret a few seasons ago.   I think up until then there had been sort of an unspoken (or maybe a spoken) trust that there were certain things they all knew but would keep quiet about while filming.  And then Brandi opened up her big mouth to all of America about something so intensely personal that none of the others ever would have dreamed of revealing.  So I think they learned then that Truth Cannon Brandi was likely to say anything at anytime.  Fast-forward to the Lisar wine toss dinner, and I think they were shocked all over again because this time it wasn't Brandi - It was Kim.

So it makes me think that there was something - untrue rumor, something real, or whatever - that was out there, that they all knew about, but kind of trusted each other not to bring up on camera.  I really hate to think there is some deep, dark Harry rumor that clearly is painful for Lisar, but it certainly looks that way to me.

I also think we'll never know because I kind of believe the story that Kim has been told to say there was nothing to the whole thing and she simply made it up.  I really wish that was the truth, but deep down I just don't think so.

And on another note:  I loved the shot that Kyle took at Brandi in her blog (re her lawyer). They've let Brandi off far too easy, IMO, every season so far.  No blow in her direction is too low.  Can you imagine if it had been Kyle who was photographed with her tampon string hanging out?  Brandi would not have hesitated to announce it loud & clear to a nationwide television audience, and would not ever have been as thoughtful as the other women were when they decided not to discuss Brandi's tampon incident on-camera out of respect for her children.  I certainly don't want to see her children hurt, but I would love to see the other HWs fight back at least a bit more when she attacks them in her THs and in her blog.  She's the lowest of the low, IMO, and deserves every bit of crap that karma hopefully will be sending her way.

And........I watched over & over, and still can't figure out what set Brandi off out in the street in Amsterdam.  I tend to muti-task when I watch, so I thought I missed something, and re-wound my DVR.  Again & again.  I'm currently on medication that is affecting me cognitively, so maybe it's just me.  But what am I missing?

I could be wrong but I think I heard Lisa V say something to Brandi about bringing up the marijuana incident.    Brandi is horrible when sober and just as bad when drunk.

• Love 4

I also think we'll never know because I kind of believe the story that Kim has been told to say there was nothing to the whole thing and she simply made it up.  (Either way, Kim is despicable.)

I believe there is something as well and I think that was what Kim was reading/checking on her phone during Yolanda's speech about Bella. IMO, Kim was double checking on the weapon she was going to use to hurt LisaR, she was going in for the kill, a lesson she learned at Brandi's feet.

It would have stopped if Kim would have offered a plausible, believable explanation and apologized instead of being such an entitled snot.  Kim has destroyed what five or six relationships with her arrogance and vicious attitude.  No wonder she has to scape the bottom of the barrel and pal around with Brandi.  It was her friend Brandi who made the concerned speech to Lisar, it was her friend Yolanda who decided it would be a good idea for everyone to talk about something deep and she led with her daughter's DUI. Come to think of it, Yolanda did the scavenger hunt and then had the gall to see if relationships were mended with the stupid childish activity. 

Well it is water under the bridge at his point Kim behaved in such away to bring her sobriety front and center-again.  Perhaps Kim should not be such a needy slob and the others would not feel the need to constantly try and appease her.

Brandi has been outing her BF Kim to everyone that would listen and it was Brandi that made sure this was brought to a head in Amsterdam. Sadly, both Lisar and Yolanda bought into the BS Brandi was selling, true or not, about Kim because it made Brandi central to the show. And I agree, Kim's actions made her sobriety a storyline and IMO, if Kim doesn't wants her sobriety, or lack of, as fodder on the show, then she should get off the show because she will never get clean while on it.

tumblr_nkp789xATM1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

gif found on Sucks.

What do you think Kyle is saying?  "Shut up!" or "Sit Still!" ?

You can hear her say to Kim, "Shut Up" during the show.

• Love 5

As much as I dislike Kim and Brandi, and as much as I like Lisa, the glass breaking incident was completely out of line. I don't care how much Kim baited you, Lisa, you lost me with that maneuver. I, too, am surprised that everyone seems to be giving Lisa a pass just because she threw the glass in the direction of Kim and Brandi.

• Love 7
(edited)

We may not figure out what Kyle was saying. One thing you can see in that clip is Lisa's hand never actually choked Kim.

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 2

Well, to Kim's credit, she knew that Lisa was quite apologetic to good ole Jimmy before he disappeared   ...   She wasn't going down without a fight, you see.

I mean, really, Kim is innocent, here.  She was just trying to defend herself from Lisa "The Lips" Rinna.  You know, Lisa was the one who shot JFK, and I heard that she shot the sheriff, too.  That woman needed to be stopped.  Kim was really working undercover for the FBI (Federal Bureau of Insanity)  to flush The Lips out of hiding, by playing the part of a cracked out child star.  She's an American Hero, that Kim Richards.

But she did not shoot the deputy.

• Love 14

As much as I dislike Kim and Brandi, and as much as I like Lisa, the glass breaking incident was completely out of line. I don't care how much Kim baited you, Lisa, you lost me with that maneuver. I, too, am surprised that everyone seems to be giving Lisa a pass just because she threw the glass in the direction of Kim and Brandi.

I don't think anybody is giving Lisa a pass, when Kyle called Andy at WWHL she said that each of them , meaning kyle, LisaV & Eileen told Lisa that smashing that glass was not acceptable and it was wrong on all levels, this Kyle said directly to Andy and Andy didn't denied it.

I am even sure that this happened when they were altogether in that room after the fiasco incident so it is my guessing that Bravo has the footage of that and has decided not to air that part because it gives Brandi some credence about calling it double standards. Maybe it is because during that conversation they also talk about Kim's allegations about Harry and Bravo has obviously decided to erase anything that has those allegations in it. Editing has had a lot to do and production as well, we all know how bravo loves to manipulate these events.

Probably one of the reasons for LisaR to apologize so profusely to Kim was due to that glass incident, LisaR even admitted that she lost her marbles and was shocked at her own actions. My other theory was that Kim's allegations were so damning that LisaR might have threatened to quit and fly back that same night and the only way to calm her down was to promise her that they won't aire the footage but in return she had to make peace with Kim so they could continue filming.

Andy has written in his own book how difficult is for production to work with these ladies, to cater to so many egos, to try to please them and move along their story lines and make them feel comfortable to they let their guards down and be themselves instead of the image they are trying to sell.

In her Twitter and in her blog Kyle again is not short of words of condemnation for the glass incident, she doesn't mince her words just because LisaR is her friend, she mentions that is was wrong on all levels, I am sure she will be just as vocal during the reunion as well as the other ladies. Why Bravo has decided to make it look like all the other ladies haven't said a word about it and everybody is pretending that it didn't happened is totally out of these ladies control, Bravo is the one who has that answer.

• Love 11

I just can't figure Brandi out. She seems to want to create drama every time things are going well and people are enjoying themselves. First, sitting at a table where people are having a normal conversation and deciding to throw wine in someone's face for no reason at all. Then, watching the others having fun at the pot place and deciding its a good time to out Kyle regarding pot smoking. And last, again watching the others laughing and enjoying the walk back to the hotel and feeling the need to lash out about everyone saying things about her but her not being able to say anything......where did that come from? And in the next episode she gets physical by slapping someone's face. Added to her behavior off screen, she has to be stupid not to realize why none of these people want to be friends with her.

It came from her desperate need for attention to be on her at all times. They were walking and talking and having a good time, which didn't include her, so she had to make it about her.

Brandi needs attention like a 5 yr old does. And God forbid you play with another toddler in the room and she starts screaming and throwing her toys around.

• Love 9
(edited)

As much as I would like to believe that Kim was simply making it up, I think there had to be more to it than that. Not only did Lisar instantly react the way she did, but the others seemed pretty horrified. Not baffled, not confused, not, "What is Crazy Kim babbling about now?", but more a kind of shock that she had gone there.

In pretty much the same way the other HW's reacted when Brandi blabbed the Adrienne secret a few seasons ago. I think up until then there had been sort of an unspoken (or maybe a spoken) trust that there were certain things they all knew but would keep quiet about while filming. And then Brandi opened up her big mouth to all of America about something so intensely personal that none of the others ever would have dreamed of revealing. So I think they learned then that Truth Cannon Brandi was likely to say anything at anytime. Fast-forward to the Lisar wine toss dinner, and I think they were shocked all over again because this time it wasn't Brandi - It was Kim.

So it makes me think that there was something - untrue rumor, something real, or whatever - that was out there, that they all knew about, but kind of trusted each other not to bring up on camera. I really hate to think there is some deep, dark Harry rumor that clearly is painful for Lisar, but it certainly looks that way to me.

I also think we'll never know because I kind of believe the story that Kim has been told to say there was nothing to the whole thing and she simply made it up. (Either way, Kim is despicable.)

And on another note: I loved the shot that Kyle took at Brandi in her blog (re her lawyer). They've let Brandi off far too easy, IMO, every season so far. No blow in her direction is too low. Can you imagine if it had been Kyle who was photographed with her tampon string hanging out? Brandi would not have hesitated to announce it loud & clear to a nationwide television audience, and would not ever have been as thoughtful as the other women were when they decided not to discuss Brandi's tampon incident on-camera out of respect for her children. I certainly don't want to see her children hurt, but I would love to see the other HWs fight back at least a bit more when she attacks them in her THs and in her blog. She's the lowest of the low, IMO, and deserves every bit of crap that karma hopefully will be sending her way.

And........I watched over & over, and still can't figure out what set Brandi off out in the street in Amsterdam. I tend to muti-task when I watch, so I thought I missed something, and re-wound my DVR. Again & again. I'm currently on medication that is affecting me cognitively, so maybe it's just me. But what am I missing?

ITA it's the only thing that makes sense. Instead of Lisa saying "bring it, what have you got?" She lost her shit and so did everyone else. Then she states she will never speak to Kim again (and gangsta that she is, I beleive her). Then ff to the next day and she and Kim are talking. I think there were a lot of calls being made, contracts reviewed, and attorneys consulted. Off camera some deal made or understanding brought about to keep both women there and filming.

Leroux, we were writing the same thought at the same time, but you said it much better.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 6

This s an example of how far off "sources" can be about rumors.  First off Radar On Line doesn't have the correct continent.  They ran this story shortly after the previews for Season 5 ran.  Talk about making shit up as you go along.  There is no Adrienne Maloof, it isn't an LA nightclub-so why would the context of the rumors be correct? http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-cheating-rumors-rhobh-kim-richards-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

When Adrienne surrogacy was blabbed -Tamra Barney boasted she knew what it was because a producer who was present when Brandi said it had told her-she didn't divulge the nature but she sure took pleasure in knowing what was said and supporting Brandi.  By now there would be an identifiable rumor and source.  Kim doesn't know the Hamlins, she doesn't run in the same circles, she has no current contacts in their world-despite Brandi's claims to the contrary.  I think Kim saw an opening when Yolanda said her husband has three years sobriety. . . I don't know that Kim had heard those words before and that is why she ran with it.  By now we would have heard a definite rumor and it just isn't coming.  Brandi would have been happy to disclose any HH rumors as it has no bearing on her.

• Love 4

Or it's the truth.  It certainly seemed that all the wives knew what Kim was about to say.  Including Lipsa, who lost her damn mind over it.

I certainly don't think that Kim has a history of being a truthteller.

It's been well established that she is comfortable with lying and I'm not only talking about the way she lies about her sobriety. We're talking about a person who can't be trusted to tell the truth about whether or not she has a current or valid driver's license.

• Love 10

IMO just because Lisa got upset over it doesn't mean there is any dirt on Harry. Think about how you would react if some piece of shit like Kim tried to spill something about one of your loved ones, even if you knew it was false? Amplify this to how famous HH is and that this was about to be spilled on camera, how a million or so people would have seen it, the blogs and media would have a field day with it, and HH's reputation would be in jeapordy. It could have entirely been false and it could still do as much damage as if it were true. It is still infuriating when someone goes after loved ones, regardless if it's true or not.

We don't know if the rumors are true or not. Maybe they are. But I don't see how Lisa and everyone else's reactions are any evidence it's true. They may have been saying "Don't go there," as in "Don't attack her family."

• Love 11

I'm torn between LisaR overacting over a fake rumor because she saw the oppt. to have a "scene" in housewives history and her being shocked that Kim was going there about a real rumor. The other HW's reactions kind of makes me believe that Kim might have actually said something.  If it's about Harry, he isn't a HW, he isn't under contract and maybe that is why it was edited out.  Kind of like the surrogacy.  And because Lisa R is liked, (unlike Adrienne who probably was threatening Bravo with tons of lawyers) they bleeped the whole scene instead of just three words and then aired every scene where the cast talked about it all season.

I also think someone went and told Kim, "Hey how would you like it if we let someone talk about your kid who had the 5150 last season.  We had cameras there that night and filmed the whole thing!  What if we aired your dirty laundry.  Or you 1/2 naked in P.R. last season.  Or the Kim Richards Blooper Reel - every clip we edited out of you high/drunk from the last 5 years?"  Those were probably enough of a threat to make Kim back off any alleged dirt she had on Harry.

If it is a real rumor, Lisar shouldn't feel so confident that Bravo's promises will protect her from Kim.  She should knock off the baiting on twitter with the #WDHD.  First, it's unbecoming.  She's baiting an addict who IMO also has mental health issues. Kind of belies all that concern about addiction that LisaR was peddling. Second, Kim is mean as hell and is going to either go on a bender and lose it, or just lose it at some point.  Lisa R is playing with fire.

• Love 12

I think it might be a stretch to think that over apologizing would lead to the attacks Kim launched. Maybe she would have had some validity if she had stopped at Lisar but to go after Kyle and Eileen risky.   I am still mystified why Kim just didn't say thank you and move on.  After reading Brandi's blog it just sounded like Kim was wanting to wage a battle.  Strange thing to do for someone who values her privacy and sobriety.

Right or wrong I do think it violates RH code to specifically use a spouse or child by name to gain an advantage in a bitchfest.  So far we have Brandi and her comment about Bella being an alcoholic and Kim threatening to out Harry for who knows what.  We will see what happens over the rest of the episodes this month.

The reunion was crazy and I'm sure there was much discussion about calling out both children (Brandi) and spouses (Kim). These kind of incidents create so much animosity it's hard to ever work with that cast mate again. I suppose the idea is to have the cast stretch their relationships to psycho status then try to reel them back in at the reunion so they can work together for another season. During reunions I remember Andy asking cast members if they could work together. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that again.

• Love 2

I'm torn between LisaR overacting over a fake rumor because she saw the oppt. to have a "scene" in housewives history and her being shocked that Kim was going there about a real rumor. The other HW's reactions kind of makes me believe that Kim might have actually said something.  If it's about Harry, he isn't a HW, he isn't under contract and maybe that is why it was edited out.  Kind of like the surrogacy.  And because Lisa R is liked, (unlike Adrienne who probably was threatening Bravo with tons of lawyers) they bleeped the whole scene instead of just three words and then aired every scene where the cast talked about it all season.

I also think someone went and told Kim, "Hey how would you like it if we let someone talk about your kid who had the 5150 last season.  We had cameras there that night and filmed the whole thing!  What if we aired your dirty laundry.  Or you 1/2 naked in P.R. last season.  Or the Kim Richards Blooper Reel - every clip we edited out of you high/drunk from the last 5 years?"  Those were probably enough of a threat to make Kim back off any alleged dirt she had on Harry.

If it is a real rumor, Lisar shouldn't feel so confident that Bravo's promises will protect her from Kim.  She should knock off the baiting on twitter with the #WDHD.  First, it's unbecoming.  She's baiting an addict who IMO also has mental health issues. Kind of belies all that concern about addiction that LisaR was peddling. Second, Kim is mean as hell and is going to either go on a bender and lose it, or just lose it at some point.  Lisa R is playing with fire.

I only find one reference on Lisar's Twitter,  to Kim and being kookoo and Lisa has said that a couple of times in talking heads.  The rest is silly stuff about HH and lots of pictures from the past.  If Kim finds Twitter upsetting she should opt out and close her account.

Realistically these women had no contact from October to February during which time Kim had plenty of opportunity to sharpen her tools and be ready for the inevitable facing the music at the Reunion.  Kim and Kim only is responsible for her mental health and sobriety.  The irony is Kim kept claiming Lisar was lying about her and I don't get what the lie was.  Lisar claimed Kim was not sober (to which Kim has admitted-sort of) Poker Night.  It is Brandi who claims it is dire.  At the table nothing close to saying Kim wasn't sober came out of Lisa's mouth.  Kim was the one that kept boasting about her three years of sobriety.  I for one I am tired of hearing no one can confront Kim over her ugliness because she might OD or relapse.  Kim signed a contract claiming to be with out mental health issues either she has them or she doesn't.  She can't be mentally clear as a condition to get a paycheck and then wallow in the poor, pitiful damaged Kim routine.

• Love 9

At the very least, she said she would never talk to Kim again. Then what happens? The very next day, she talks to Kim. And it's all behind them, and they're frolicking through the tulips together. Weird.

I can totally understand.  They're in a beautiful country and, rather than have tension among everyone for the duration of the trip, I would have done the same as LisaR did; meet with Kim, let her feel she has the upper hand and pretend you're OK with it (anything to soothe the savage beast).  That way, everyone relaxes and you can enjoy the rest of the trip.  You can have minimal interaction with the person and never speak to them again after you go home if you want.  At least Lisa did the best thing she could have done to make it more comfortable for the rest of the group. 

• Love 10

I don't mind the #WDHD tweeting and in fact thought it was cute and funny, although it is foolish to do that if there is some secret / private matter involving Harry.  Where Lisa lost me was when she actually sent a tweet where she tagged Kim with the directive to ask Kim about Harry and the secret - I think that she has since deleted the tweet.  I also gave the side-eye to one or two other tweets.  She does seem like she's gotten over her PTSD and is now on some kind of sugar high over this mess.

• Love 7

I, too, am surprised that everyone seems to be giving Lisa a pass just because she threw the glass in the direction of Kim and Brandi.

Well not everyone but almost everyone.  And I agree.  But next year when Lisa Rinna is the Most! Hated! Housewife! Ever!, almost everyone will be talking about what a crazy bitch Lisa Rinna was and that the crazy was always right there.  Which I will wholeheartedly agree.

We may not figure out what Kyle was saying. One thing you can see in that clip is Lisa's hand never actually choked Kim.

But for Kim's cat-like reflexes.  Wonder what the opinion would have been had Kim not moved away and Lisa actually grabbed Kim's face or neck.  Probably the same as when Carole did it to Aviva on the steps.  As long as it's the big-mouthed crazy one that no one likes that gets physically attacked, it's all good and deserved.

Taylor's tongue.  Nope.

• Love 8
(edited)
The look of alarm on Kyle's face when Kim said to Lisar "yes, let's talk about the husband ..... let's talk about your situation at home" was a dead giveaway. The look on Kyle’s  and Lisa V’s face said volumes when Kim first brought up the problems Lisar has at home. How would Kyle know what Kim was about to say unless it was something Kyle herself had maybe told Kim? Perhaps a secret Lisar had confided in Kyle about, and Kyle in turn had blabbed it to Kim?

I don't think that means there's a specific thing everyone's hiding and knows Kim's going to say. Just her going there is enough, I think, to make Kyle look horrified, because you don't start with that and then say "I hear your husband wears socks in bed!" It was just getting ugly.

Of course she could have had something specific on Harry--that wouldn't necessarily mean she got it from Kyle blabbing something that LisaR confided in her as secret knowledge judge between them. But I think it's just as likely that there's not some actual Big Secret Reveal to shock us all. Harry's had a crazy life, it seems, so there's probably any number of things Kim could bring up that would be bad but not a big secret.

Re: Kim's stardom--no, she was never a big star. She just worked a lot. I knew her name, knew who she was. She showed up in everything. But she was one level down from the "star" kids of the time--she wasn't Jodie Foster or Kristie McNichol or Tatum O'Neale. She was the girl from Nanny and the Professor and Escape to Witch Mountain and maybe later Tough Turf--and the girl from Tough Turf obviously isn't exactly A-list. Plenty of people would know who she was (I knew very well who Kyle was as well growing up) but she was really only a celebrity in terms of having been in many movies and TV, not a celebrity because she was noted as one in the media. I don't even know if she had any sort of presence in the teen magazines.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3

I didn't see Lisar "throw" a glass at all. She broke a glass on the table edge closest to her.

Eileen was closest. She didn't complain of glass in her hair, etc.

Apparently, some saw her throw a glass.

• Love 6

I don't mind the #WDHD tweeting and in fact thought it was cute and funny, although it is foolish to do that if there is some secret / private matter involving Harry.  Where Lisa lost me was when she actually sent a tweet where she tagged Kim with the directive to ask Kim about Harry and the secret - I think that she has since deleted the tweet.  I also gave the side-eye to one or two other tweets.  She does seem like she's gotten over her PTSD and is now on some kind of sugar high over this mess.

Most of LisaR's Kim tweets were in reply to tweets she received from viewers, not just out of thin air IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

I only find one reference on Lisar's Twitter,  to Kim and being kookoo and Lisa has said that a couple of times in talking heads.  The rest is silly stuff about HH and lots of pictures from the past.  If Kim finds Twitter upsetting she should opt out and close her account.

Realistically these women had no contact from October to February during which time Kim had plenty of opportunity to sharpen her tools and be ready for the inevitable facing the music at the Reunion.  Kim and Kim only is responsible for her mental health and sobriety.  The irony is Kim kept claiming Lisar was lying about her and I don't get what the lie was.  Lisar claimed Kim was not sober (to which Kim has admitted-sort of) Poker Night.  It is Brandi who claims it is dire.  At the table nothing close to saying Kim wasn't sober came out of Lisa's mouth.  Kim was the one that kept boasting about her three years of sobriety.  I for one I am tired of hearing no one can confront Kim over her ugliness because she might OD or relapse.  Kim signed a contract claiming to be with out mental health issues either she has them or she doesn't.  She can't be mentally clear as a condition to get a paycheck and then wallow in the poor, pitiful damaged Kim routine.

You know I was thinking of that the other day...if there's something in the contract about their health...sound mind and body? I'm so glad you mentioned this.  Some employers have a medical review before you are hired.  Does Bravo have each cast member go through some sort of health examination every year? If so, I wonder what would happen to someone whose mental stability changed...like developing a depression or having a nervous breakdown while filming? I'm not suggesting that any of the RHOBH went through any such changes this season, but if it's part of the contract, I wonder what Bravo could do. Ultimately could they force someone to go for treatment before hiring them the following season?

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

I think she took it down because after seeing it here, I went to look and it was there.  However, she was getting a fair amount of flack:  people calling the tweet 'beneath her' and just plain ol' shitty.  I don't see the tweet anymore.  To be honest, I don't think it was beneath her.  I think she rolls very close to Brandi's level of crassness in real life. Very close. I don't think we'll see her tampon string any time soon but she's just as desperate for attention/work and crude in manner and speech as Brandi is. 

Seeing her wild-eyed and out of control like that in Amsterdam might be the first time but won't be the last.

• Love 4

You know I was thinking of that the other day...if there's something in the contract about their health...sound mind and body? I'm so glad you mentioned this.  Some employers have a medical review before you are hired.  Does Bravo have each cast member go through some sort of health examination every year? If so, I wonder what would happen to someone whose mental stability changed...like developing a depression or having a nervous breakdown while filming? I'm not suggesting that any of the RHOBH went through any such changes this season, but if it's part of the contract, I wonder what Bravo could do. Ultimately could they force someone to go for treatment before hiring them the following season?

I am sure that Bravo, like most business's, could add any clause to an employee/HW's contract that they want and if that HW wants to keep their job, they sign it.

As for any sort of mental health checkup/evaluation before a HW is offered a job....I think Bravo may just look for potential cast members that are borderline. If they come close to failing the ink blot test....they get hired! LOL

• Love 3

I think she took it down because after seeing it here, I went to look and it was there.  However, she was getting a fair amount of flack:  people calling the tweet 'beneath her' and just plain ol' shitty.  I don't see the tweet anymore.  To be honest, I don't think it was beneath her.  I think she rolls very close to Brandi's level of crassness in real life. Very close. I don't think we'll see her tampon string any time soon but she's just as desperate for attention/work and crude in manner and speech as Brandi is. 

Seeing her wild-eyed and out of control like that in Amsterdam might be the first time but won't be the last.

LOL, you'll never see Lisar's tampon string because she's smart enough to wear a diaper before she gets her drunk on...JK.

I agree there's something about Lisar and her wild-eyed out of control look that portends a Brandi like quality.  After that restaurant scene I'd say she's replacing Brandi next season. I don't believe either Kyle or Eileen will be so quick to have her back again.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope Lisar asks Kim directly what she was referring to when she brought up Harry.  Better yet, she should address all of the so-called rumors and innuendos herself without giving Kim a platform ala Eminen's character in 8 Mile.

I don't think Lisar's amped up reaction to Kim wasn't necessarily over Kim revealing a big secret.  I was upset and wanted to slap the shit out of Kim too and I wasn't in the room (I have my own Kim so I am sensitive to this stuff and I will always take Kyle's side).  Things have been tense and extraordinary since Poker Night; they are all on pins and needles.  I don't think there was any big secret.  There are no big secrets in the age of Twitter.  There are no big secrets in a community like Beverly Hills/Hollywood.  No one cares whether Harry is on the down low.  He and Lisa seem to have a good life regardless of their trials and tribulations.  Thats evident, IMO, from observing the glimpses of family life they have provided over the years.  They are comfortable.

I will agree that Lisar and Eileen should have let the thought of an intervention go.  Once they discussed it in the kitchen, they should have moved the heck on...., but I get that people who don't have life experience with people like Kim tend to try to help make things better.  They think that if the person will only see and listen.  Yeah, they just don't know all of that has been said over and over and over again.  LOL, Kyle tried to tell them.

I don't know if the comparison of Lisar and Brandi are apt.  Both enjoy being the center of attention and will do what is necessary to keep a job, but I think this is where the comparison ends.  I think Lisar is more selective in what she is willing to do to stay on this show.  She is also more self aware.  She will use what the other women give her to pivot her storyline, but she won't cause your downfall to pivot her storyline.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

I only find one reference on Lisar's Twitter,  to Kim and being kookoo and Lisa has said that a couple of times in talking heads.  The rest is silly stuff about HH and lots of pictures from the past.  If Kim finds Twitter upsetting she should opt out and close her account.

When I say Kim will "lose it" if Lisa keeps up the baiting, I don't mean mentally, I mean vindictively and lose it by outing whatever secret she has. And this was all in the context of whether or not she had a real secret at all.  Kim is just like Kingsley in a lot of ways.  She bites. 

And ITA about the poster referencing LisaR acting like she is on a sugar high right now.  

To be honest, I don't think it was beneath her.  I think she rolls very close to Brandi's level of crassness in real life. Very close. I don't think we'll see her tampon string any time soon but she's just as desperate for attention/work and crude in manner and speech as Brandi is.

Seeing her wild-eyed and out of control like that in Amsterdam might be the first time but won't be the last.

I agree.  I just wonder how long Bravo will give her before they give a bad edit. One season on a high or does it actually happen next season.  Don't get me wrong, she has been a welcome addition this year!

• Love 5

To quote, click on the ["] (side note: have you ever tried to quote a quote symbol?) in the bottom right of the post next the the !!report!! and !!thumbs up!! buttons.

As a former sitcom writer myself, I have a feeling your brother probably doesn't know a whole lot first hand. Reality tv is a whole different beast. Everything I know is from stories my roommate told me when she was editing the Kardashians. Spoiler alert: She says it's just as awful as you imagine, if not worse. But I assume Bravo runs things pretty similarly.

By "awful" and I want to apply it to Amsterdamn and other RHBH in a general way, do you mean there's hours of stupid worthless stuff they edit out so they have what seems like a reaction to A when it's really a reaction to R. I'm thinking there was a good deal of that in the glass breaking scene. Maybe you could tell us a bit more about the awfulness of editing reality TV from your roommate. 

• Love 2

Think about how you would react if some piece of shit like Kim tried to spill something about one of your loved ones, even if you knew it was false? Amplify this to how famous HH is and that this was about to be spilled on camera, how a million or so people would have seen it, the blogs and media would have a field day with it, and HH's reputation would be in jeapordy. It could have entirely been false and it could still do as much damage as if it were true.

Even though Kim didn't spill whatever it was that she was alluding to, whether true or not, the speculation and scenarios going around because of it could be just as damaging.  Just make people THINK you know something and all hell breaks loose.

• Love 8

Even though Kim didn't spill whatever it was that she was alluding to, whether true or not, the speculation and scenarios going around because of it could be just as damaging.  Just make people THINK you know something and all hell breaks loose.

I agree.  That's why I'm not sure if how Lisa, and now Harry, are handling it on social media is very smart.  I mean it either is - because 'ha ha, sticks and stones and all that' or it's not because they're fueling the fire.  6 of 1, half dozen of the other.  Lisa's career I don't worry about because she really hasn't had a stellar one but Harry's could go either way if their response to this turns out to be the wrong one.

• Love 2
(edited)

There is a clip at Yolanda's where Lisar admits she is pretty trashy-she calls Brandi white trash . I think she said she grew up next door to the trailer park.  Not tampon string trashy but certainly swears a lot, takes her clothes off for money (Playboy) talks about her sex life.  So I think she is pretty aware she isn't giving off a reserved classy vibe. 

On another not can you imagine what would have happened if after Kim said to Lisa, "have a piece of bread" and something to the extent of maybe it will calm you down, if Lisar or anyone had said have a bottle of wine Kim and maybe that will calm you down.  I would have enjoyed it but it would have been considered below the beIt.  Here is the Evolution Media/Barney contract again and post it.  http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/contractwife.pdf

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

I hope Lisar asks Kim directly what she was referring to when she brought up Harry.  Better yet, she should address all of the so-called rumors and innuendos herself without giving Kim a platform ala Eminen's character in 8 Mile.

I don't think Lisar's amped up reaction to Kim wasn't necessarily over Kim revealing a big secret.  I was upset and wanted to slap the shit out of Kim too and I wasn't in the room (I have my own Kim so I am sensitive to this stuff and I will always take Kyle's side).  Things have been tense and extraordinary since Poker Night; they are all on pins and needles.  I don't think there was any big secret.  There are no big secrets in the age of Twitter.  There are no big secrets in a community like Beverly Hills/Hollywood.  No one cares whether Harry is on the down low.  He and Lisa seem to have a good life regardless of their trials and tribulations.  Thats evident, IMO, from observing the glimpses of family life they have provided over the years.  They are comfortable.

I will agree that Lisar and Eileen should have let the thought of an intervention go.  Once they discussed it in the kitchen, they should have moved the heck on...., but I get that people who don't have life experience with people like Kim tend to try to help make things better.  They think that if the person will only see and listen.  Yeah, they just don't know all of that has been said over and over and over again.  LOL, Kyle tried to tell them.

I don't know if the comparison of Lisar and Brandi are apt.  Both enjoy being the center of attention and will do what is necessary to keep a job, but I think this is where the comparison ends.  I think Lisar is more selective in what she is willing to do to stay on this show.  She is also more self aware.  She will use what the other women give her to pivot her storyline, but she won't cause your downfall to pivot her storyline.

I guess I am missing something. LisaR said to Brandi after Brandi suggested some sort of intervention that she would not do that. Brandi went so far as to ask LisaR to talk to Kyle and that maybe a "group intervention" would work so that Kim would not feel singled out. Not once did I ever hear LisaR push for an intervention for/with Kim, not once, nor did she offer to do 1. When we get to the Amsterdam dinner, it was Yolanda that started it out by talking about Bella/DUI and it was Yolanda that brought up LisaR's late BILs and asked her to talk....Yolanda, not LisaR but for some reason LisaR is getting blamed for setting up an "intervention" for Kim at that dinner. It seems to me that Yolanda is the one that was starting an intervention for Kim using what Brandi told her about the others talking about Bella having a "drinking problem" more than anything LisaR said/did at that table. All LisaR did was apologize, yet again, to Kim for getting into her "business". From there the dinner went off the rails big time or LisaR, Kim and Kyle and to a lesser extent, Eileen. LOL

• Love 9
(edited)

LOL, you'll never see Lisar's tampon string because she's smart enough to wear a diaper before she gets her drunk on...JK.

I agree there's something about Lisar and her wild-eyed out of control look that portends a Brandi like quality. After that restaurant scene I'd say she's replacing Brandi next season. I don't believe either Kyle or Eileen will be so quick to have her back again.

I would love if Lisa R was photographed with her Depends showing! I'm so sick of that fucking tampon! Onto Diapergate with Lisa Rinna.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

When I sat down with Taylor, I wanted to cry because my heart went out to her. I understand where she’s at and what she’s going through. I opened up and told her how it affected me and my children and family. I was so relieved when she reacted the way she did and she was responsive!

Wow!  Kim actually had a moment of self-awareness?  Too bad that, when LisaR opened up about how the addiction in her family affected her, she didn't get the same reaction from Kim that Kim got from Taylor.

• Love 10

There is a clip at Yolanda's where Lisar admits she is pretty trashy-she calls Brandi white trash . I think she said she grew up next door to the trailer park.  Not tampon string trashy but certainly swears a lot, takes her clothes off for money (Playboy) talks about her sex life.  So I think she is pretty aware she isn't giving off a reserved classy vibe. 

Yes, she owns her trashiness - yet another quality she shares with Brandi.  Her own remarks and her twitter account are what I'm basing my opinion on.  And Amsterdam.

She also told us in an interview (that someone posted from before the season aired) that she would 'kick all their asses' in reference to the other Hos.  I don't doubt that she wouldn't or couldn't. 

• Love 4

Most of LisaR's Kim tweets were in reply to tweets she received from viewers, not just out of thin air IMO.

The Housewives get hundreds of tweets a day if not more and do not reply to all tweets, they make a choice which tweets to reply to and retweet.  I don't recall if the one where she tags Kim was a reply or not, but even if it was it was a crappy move on her part IMO.

But for Kim's cat-like reflexes. Wonder what the opinion would have been had Kim not moved away and Lisa actually grabbed Kim's face or neck. Probably the same as when Carole did it to Aviva on the steps. As long as it's the big-mouthed crazy one that no one likes that gets physically attacked, it's all good and deserved.

Kim's cat-like reflexes were everything as well as the macho way she sat in the seat right before Yolanda came back into the room.  Dang, I really wish Lisa R did not smash the glass so I could reflect on and enjoy that fight with no qualms.

• Love 2

Yes, she owns her trashiness - yet another quality she shares with Brandi.  Her own remarks and her twitter account are what I'm basing my opinion on.  And Amsterdam.

She also told us in an interview (that someone posted from before the season aired) that she would 'kick all their asses' in reference to the other Hos.  I don't doubt that she wouldn't or couldn't. 

I don't think LisaR is "classy" LisaV/Eileen/Yolanda but I don't see her in the "gutter" Brandi/Kim either though. She is in between but closer to the lower seats than the higher seats.  I hope she is Brandi's replacement!

The Housewives get hundreds of tweets a day if not more and do not reply to all tweets, they make a choice which tweets to reply to and retweet.  I don't recall if the one where she tags Kim was a reply or not, but even if it was it was a crappy move on her part IMO.

Kim's cat-like reflexes were everything as well as the macho way she sat in the seat right before Yolanda came back into the room.  Dang, I really wish Lisa R did not smash the glass so I could reflect on and enjoy that fight with no qualms.

Yes, she can reply to any tweets she wants to, she reply's  to most IMO.

Kim looked like she had just had the ride, sex, of her life and was about to smoke a cigarette!

• Love 5