Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Well, after all, Kyle is an actress.

Does anyone know why Kyle describes herself as an "Actor - Director" on her Facebook page?

Has she ever actually directed anything!

• Love 2

Maybe.  One thing they can't afford though is another Russell Armstrong.  Having cast be carted off to jail is one thing -- the audience gets a kick out of that.  But watching folks with a known diagnosis (that's being ignored and lied about) self-destruct for money is another matter altogether. If anything happens to this sad, sick woman on their dime, all the contracts, lawyers, and our collective cynicism put together aren't going to shield them from a PR disaster. Sooner or later, and let's hope it's soonest, Bravo will be forced to deal with Kim's rampant illness if she's not able to do so herself. 

We've gotten used to the craziness on these shows--Kim's more than anyone else's.  There is no one sicker than she is on any of these franchises. But her demeanor and behavior this season, and in this last installment especially, have been so bizarre and off the chain--her very weird sense of herself as being unaccountable and invulnerable--that I think Bravo will have had to take notice.

I do think that Lisa Rinna was brought on board to bring things to a head.  I think she's done a credible job of it -- violent tantrum aside -- and am grateful that she took it on.  I have NO problem with her being paid to undertake the task. I've thought from the start that she's done so with Kyle's tacit blessing. Whatever it takes is fine with me at this point.  Nothing else appears to have worked. 

If that was what Rinna was brought on to do, I hope it's been worth it for her.  For Harry.  And if something were to happen to Kim, though certainly not Lisa's fault, (bolded and italicized)  would she feel awful about her part in it if she knowingly went into this with the goal of bringing it all to a head? 

Regardless of if she thinks Kim deserves it or not, I think it would be classy of Lisa if she would stop with the twitter bashing of this woman that she thinks is 'coo coo' and in need of so much help.  I liked her until she threw the wine.  I'm liking her less the more I read her twitter page. Stop poking the crazy.  She's starting to look crazy eyed herself..

• Love 8

That would have been awesome.

But you see they basically planned to do that for the rest of the trip and production shut that right down. They laid the wood to Kim and told her to go "apologize" and told Lisa to accept it if the wanted their paychecks. It is as simple as that.

When you are an employee you have to fulfill you obligations or lose your job.

Except the drama would have been ramped UP by having them continue to be at odds.  The ghoulish in me was hoping the fighting and animosity would continue and was kinda let down when they made up so quickly.  It was an anti-climax.  I don't think we can ever really know what goes on but the guessing is addictive. I also don't think that the pull of money is enough for Kim when she's doing her jagged little pill routine.  It would be like herding cats with her. 

• Love 4

That would have been awesome.

But you see they basically planned to do that for the rest of the trip and production shut that right down. They laid the wood to Kim and told her to go "apologize" and told Lisa to accept it if the wanted their paychecks. It is as simple as that.

When you are an employee you have to fulfill you obligations or lose your job.

I would have like one of them to have said "I fulfilled my obligation, I have shot your scene and this is how it ends, You are welcome to film me and the other girls tonight or you can babysit "Crazy." We are going out and having fun."

I would have liked Lisa R. to say to Kim " Get the F#$K out of my room Bitch, go terrorize your poor sister, I don't care what happens to you. You put the last nail in that coffin. Sober or 6 feet under, I don't care." There scene ended, contract obligation is fulfilled.

• Love 13

If that was what Rinna was brought on to do, I hope it's been worth it for her.  For Harry.  And if something were to happen to Kim, though certainly not Lisa's fault, (bolded and italicized)  would she feel awful about her part in it if she knowingly went into this with the goal of bringing it all to a head? 

Regardless of if she thinks Kim deserves it or not, I think it would be classy of Lisa if she would stop with the twitter bashing of this woman that she thinks is 'coo coo' and in need of so much help.  I liked her until she threw the wine.  I'm liking her less the more I read her twitter page. Stop poking the crazy.  She's starting to look crazy eyed herself..

Maybe Rinna would feel awful but it still wouldn't be her fault.  I have a terrible feeling, we're all gonna to get royally chewed out by the end of the day today.  Off to hide under the bed after a pain pill or two.  When is this god awful season going to be over with anyway?

• Love 5

Does anyone know why Kyle describes herself as an "Actor - Director" on her Facebook page?

Yes she had a sitcom pilot that didn't get picked up a couple of years ago. So my guess is she is still working on some sort of project.

• Love 2
(edited)

Regardless of if she thinks Kim deserves it or not, I think it would be classy of Lisa if she would stop with the twitter bashing of this woman that she thinks is 'coo coo' and in need of so much help.  I liked her until she threw the wine.  I'm liking her less the more I read her twitter page. Stop poking the crazy.  She's starting to look crazy eyed herself..

Exactly - all that concern and tears over people dying from drug/alcohol abuse mean nothing if she is now baiting Kim on twitter.  Either she cares about people dying from addiction or she doesn't.  It's fine to back away and say, "I tried.  I was coming from a place of caring.  She didn't want it and treated me like crap, so I am out of here."  But now to go on with this shit on twitter, it just undermines her credibility with me.  It's petty and unbecoming.  Why stoop to Kim's level?

AFWIW, every time she laughs at her own talking head comments, I like her a little less.  Stawp Lisa, just stawp!  I was really liking you this season.  Don't make me want the producers to take you down already.  Kim Richards is just not worth it!  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 12
(edited)

I must say I am very impressed by all the interest in this episode. I bet we will have the most responses of any thread about any episode of the Real Housewives. Almost as many as the number of names that Brandi provided to the Center for Disease Control when she had to list her sexual partners. I salute my fellow posters!

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 12

Except the drama would have been ramped UP by having them continue to be at odds.  The ghoulish in me was hoping the fighting and animosity would continue and was kinda let down when they made up so quickly.  It was an anti-climax.  I don't think we can ever really know what goes on but the guessing is addictive. I also don't think that the pull of money is enough for Kim when she's doing her jagged little pill routine.  It would be like herding cats with her. 

I'm not sure if production ordered them to play nice instead of packing up their toys and going home or what happened.

I wonder if Lisa R were taking a tip from the Lisa V playbook.

Remember the tea party from hell where Lisa suddenly did an about-face maneuver with Taylor that caught everyone off guard?

She chose to play nice with the crazy mess in front of her rather than continue to engage in the battle.

I think it's a smart move.  

Keep those friends close and those enemies closer...And only get within striking distance of the nutters when you absolutely have to.  

• Love 8

I think someone already pointed this out, so my apologies if I'm repeating something, but the difference between Brandi's wine toss and LisaR's wine toss is that Brandi tossed wine in Eileen's face out-of-nowhere and though Brandi claims it was a joke, I'm sure Eileen felt like it was mean-spirited and weird. And the scene was edited so we couldn't see whether Eileen was actually crying or just wiping wine from her eyes. Lisa's wine toss, though a bit over-the-top, was a reaction to Kim claiming LisaR's home life was in shambles and her husband was doing something Lisa didn't want the world to know about.

I don't believe the situations can be compared. Just because the action is similar doesn't mean the reason for the action should be ignored.

• Love 20
(edited)
She [brandi] was objecting to all of the women acting like fools in that pot shop, and pretending to have absolutely no idea how to roll a joint, or even what you call marijuana.  It was ridiculous, and they were all rude as hell. 

I didn't see anyone acting or behaving in a rude manner at the pot shop or even behaving like fools. I thought it was a fun time for all. Oops, except for poor widdle Brandi.  If it was Kyle who was acting like Brandi in that same scenario, I have no doubt that it would be looked upon differently. 

What happened outside, in public, where Brandi lost her shit and could not contain her anger, is what I would view as someone acting like a fool and being rude. She continued her rant by saying, "Everyone here is a hypocrite!!" How so, Brandi? Eileen, LisaR, YoFo's brother, YoFo (I think) and LisaV ate the cake. So why is she saying "EVERYONE" when clearly it was only her and Kyle who did not partake? It reminds me of her telling YoFo, "EVERYONE is saying Bella is an alcoholic."  Another time, when she said everyone knows Adrienne is a liar and knows about the surrogacy.  Brandi also said it when talking about Kim and her behavior at Game Night - "Everyone knows!" Which reminds me, Brandi was outing Kim left and right that season.  She was talking about Kim's problem to different people.  Back then many viewers were delighted that Brandi was telling it like it is. Here is LisaR who did the same thing like Brandi, but somehow it is meddling in Kim's business. Whatever. That is hypocrisy.  Brandi needs to learn the definition of hypocrisy. She also needs to learn there is a word called "discretion", something she obviously knows nothing about.

Changing topics.

I asked this before, but I am sure it got lost in all the posts. What exactly did LisaV say about prostitution in her TH? She said something about not needing to have a dick in one's mouth to feed their children. Does anyone remember.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

And because of her behavior at poker night, the others have a hard time listening to her proclaim over and over that she's been "sober" for THREE YEARS.  That is a lie, and Kim knows it, but she expects everyone else to ignore her behavior and pretend she no longer has a problem and, in her words, is fine.

Ignore what behavior after poker night?

I was referring to her behavior ON poker night.  She wanted them to accept that it was just a case of taking a pill that "didn't agree with her" and give her a total pass instead of even suggesting otherwise.  If she had admitted she was high as a kite and APOLOGIZED for it (to anyone), it might have ceased to be as big an issue as it has.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sorry I am not good with Quotes. Apologies for any errors.

Umbelina's post p16: 

So as we join the ladies in Amsterdam, I meet Lisa and Eileen for some tea in the lounge. I was reticent to be involved in this potential confrontation. I had voiced my concerns gently to Lisa, expressing my thoughts on discussing sobriety with Kim--it was a land mine that I wanted to avoid.

From Lisa's blog.

It certainly sounds like a planned intervention to me.  Just as I thought.

WOW. JUST WOW.  This  thing is BEYOND twisted. Unbelievable. SMH.

Am I to understand  Kyle, the doting, loving, long-suffering martyr sister, along with her posse of friends....the two Lisas, Eileen and  probably Yolanda, concocted an intervention plan for her sister Kim, on camera, at work, on Bravo? 

If there is even an OUNCE of truth to that, Kim needs to sue ALL OF THEM, including BRAVO. Take them all to the cleaners, Kim. You will be totally justified.

Do even ONE of them....Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav, Yolanda even have a COLLEGE EDUCATION? What makes them even REMOTELY qualified to even THINK of undertaking such a task? Do neither of these women have any brains?  Never mind, I know the answer to that.

Yes, Kim is an addict. Yes, she needs help. Professional help. Not  RHOBH help. Please, KELLY(Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav,Yolanda) have no delusions of grandeur about your intelligence or ability to handle an intervention. Yeiyeiyei. 

Edited by jjbjjbh
  • Love 5
(edited)
I asked this before, but I am sure it got lost in all the posts. What exactly did LisaV say about prostitution in her TH? She said something about not needing to have a dick in one's mouth to feed their children. Does anyone remember.

"I don't understand prostitution!  You don't  need a dick in your mouth to put food in their mouths."  And "their" refers to the kids, which Yolanda said at the table that she would prostitute herself for if necessary.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5

Lisa said that something like "putting a dick in your mouth to put food in your childrens' mouths is something that she doesn't think she could do". 

• Love 2

Amsterdam is one of my favorite European cities.  Rented a houseboat in the Prinsengracht canal area last summer and spent many nights on the deck drinking wine and listening to opera.  Watching these episodes brings back fond memories...

But then Brandy opens her mouth and *poof!*, the moment is lost.

Damn her.

• Love 10

I didn't see anyone acting or behaving in a rude manner at the pot shop or even behaving like fools. I thought it was a fun time for all. Oops, except for poor widdle Brandi.  If it was Kyle who was acting like Brandi in that same scenario, I have no doubt that it would be looked upon differently. 

What happened outside, in public, where Brandi lost her shit and could not contain her anger, is what I would view as someone acting like a fool and being rude. She continued her rant by saying, "Everyone here is a hypocrite!!" How so, Brandi? Eileen, LisaR, YoFo's brother, YoFo (I think) and LisaV ate the cake. So why is she saying "EVERYONE" when clearly it was only her and Kyle who did not partake? It reminds me of her telling YoFo, "EVERYONE is saying Bella is an alcoholic."  Another time, when she said everyone knows Adrienne is a liar and knows about the surrogacy.  Brandi also said it when talking about Kim and her behavior at Game Night - "Everyone knows!" Which reminds me, Brandi was outing Kim left and right that season.  She was talking about Kim's problem to different people.  Back then many viewers were delighted that Brandi was telling it like it is. Here is LisaR who did the same thing like Brandi, but somehow it is meddling in Kim's business. Whatever. That is hypocrisy.  Brandi needs to learn the definition of hypocrisy. She also needs to learn there is a word called "discretion", something she obviously knows nothing about.

When Brandi starts in (or any of the Housewives, for that matter) with all of that "EVERYONE knows..."  "EVERYONE here...."  or "EVERYONE anything".... I am reminded of my kids when they were in middle school or high school and they wanted to do something that I did not think was a good idea.  "Well, Mom, EVERYONE is going that party where the parents aren't going to be home and there will be a keg and alcohol".... "Well, Mom, EVERYONE is going down the shore to some strangers' house for the weekend"......"Well, Mom, EVERYONE is skipping school for Senior Skip Day - not just the seniors".....ummm, no......NOT everyone!!

Again, it's just another showing of her immature frustrations.  Especially in the street scene here, when Brandi does that shrieking thing, and walks away--JUST far enough for people to notice and to hear her nasty comments.

• Love 9
(edited)

Yes, Kim is an addict. Yes, she needs help. Professional help. Not  RHOBH help. Please, KELLY(Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav,Yolanda) have no delusions of grandeur about your intelligence or ability to handle an intervention. Yeiyeiyei.

Yes, Kim does need help, but she needs to stop expecting Kyle to be there 24/7 for her when the woman doesn't have the education or the tools to help her.  What the fuck does she want from Kyle other than for her to be an enabler?  THAT, in a nutshell is exactly what she wants.  Kim, and Kim alone, is responsible for her sobriety and needs to wake up and admit she has a problem and seek the help she needs, instead of the three years sober shit she keeps throwing around and saying over and over that she's fine.  She is NOT fine, nor has she been sober for three years!

Oh, and I love what you did there with the KELLY!

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 9
(edited)

Addicts do not need truckloads of people to be devoted to them. Just one person who is truly,genuinely, totally  committed to their recovery is more than adequate. Unfortunately, Kyle, who wants to be "in' with her clique of friends, wants to be on the show, craves fan approval doesn't fit the bill. 

In order for this the work. The one person who is truly genuinely and totally committed to their recovery HAS to be the addict themselves. It is beyond enabling and downright unfair for an addict to expect that level of commitment from any person other than themselves. Because in the end all of the support in the world is not going to help unless the addict is the one who is committed at all times to their own sobriety and it is a cop out to expect any other person - no matter how close that person is to you to be the one committed to your own sobriety.

ETA: You are right that it takes one person committed, but it can't ever be anyone other than the addict themselves and that is what Kim and Brandi need to realize. It goes hand in hand with no one can make an addict realize that they are an addict. Only the addict can. And only the addict can be fully committed to keeping themselves sober. Support helps and is necessary, but support is not the thing that will keep them sober. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 13

I'm only on page 17, so I'm replying to things as I'm reading. 

Someone here wrote an epic post a week or so ago (SwordQueen, maybe you?) about the fact that the issues that folks have with Brandi have nothing to do with the fact that she likes to curse, or have lots of sex, or dress how she does. It is all about her behavior as it relates to the other ho'wives. I think that this is what Brandi doesn't get, which IMO she proved with her blog. She likes to call it hypocrisy. That they can cuss, that they can use sexual humor, but when she does it she gets judged. I liked what Kyle said in her TH when they left he cafe: that the issues with Brandi have nothing to do with any of that. The way that they view Brandi has to do with the way that she treats people, and with 3 years on the show, there are lots of examples of her treating folks in a horrendous manner. Lots of examples of her betraying people. And the issue always comes back to her intent. I am a big believer in intent. I take my cues from society and in some regards the laws of the land. If you do something -  commit a crime, etc., and your intent was not to harm, or to murder, or whatever, what you did is viewed less harsh than if your intent was to harm. She can claim differently all day long, but Brandi's intent when she does these things is to hurt people. Adrienne with the reveal, Joanna with her comments, Lisa with the bankruptcy, Lisa and Kyle with the magazines in a suitcase, Kyle with the stuff about the pot. She is hoping that these reveals sting, or hurt, or embarrass the others. The same thing with Kim with what she said to Lisar about HH. It was all intended to hurt Lisar in a way that would make her stop talking about Kim. If she just wanted the conversation to stop, she had many other options to make that happen. Instead she wanted to hurt. 

That is also why I can give the other gals an occasional pass on not so perfect behavior, even when it can be hurtful. I never thought that Kyle went into the limo reveal intending to hurt Kim. I don't think she got up that morning and said "hey, I think I will out Kim today". I think it just got out of hand and emotion and anger took over. I also don't think that Lisar intended to hurt Kim in that restaurant, even if she should have let it go and even if she wasn't handling it perfectly. This is what makes Kim and Brandi different from the rest of them.

Yep, that was me!  What struck me about Brandi (which is why I made that post) was that she tries to excuse her behavior by blaming anyone who challenges her on it, claiming that they are somehow unfairly or unjustly judging her for her "personality"  and not by what people are actually judging her on, which is her "character".  Brandi's lack of integrity and propensity for dishonesty is definitely a part of her "character" that I do judge and that has nothing to do with her looks, how outgoing and fun loving she is, or how much she likes sex and alcohol or dirty jokes.       

What you say is about intent is interesting because for me, intent mostly takes a backseat to action when it comes to responsibility and remedy.  The perfect example is Lisa R.  Her intentions were genuine (imo, of course) to help Kim but her methods (actions) did not end up being helpful.  So, instead of relying on her intentions to excuse her behavior, she acknowledges that her actions, while of good intent, weren't well executed and she apologized for them.  No making excuses.  And THIS is why Lisa R. earns my respect, but not Brandi or Kim. 

In all the madness, I forgot this, so thank you, lol.
It was soapy perfection. I loved it.

I really want to go into my bathroom, close the door, stare into the mirror and practice saying "How dare you." with soap opera flair.

And because it cannot be said enough, regardless of whether or not Lisar was doing the right thing in the right way, she said nothing to further "out" Kim. All of her conversation had to do with things that she had witnessed first hand. Things that we all saw with our own eyes. The only person at this point that has revealed anything deeper regarding Kim is Brandi. This is why the reunion will be so interesting. If Kim's issues really are deep rooted concerns about how her kids would feel about her relapsing, I would certainly think her anger would fall at Brandi's feet. She is the one who made this all sound so much more dire and might have revealed things that her children might not have known otherwise. They knew all about the stuff that Lisar was saying because it was on camera. 

Man, hell yes.  I'm so sick of hearing of how Lisa R and Kyle "outed" Kim's abuse problems.  Anyone with eyes (and in person, a nose, I am sure) can tell you're wasted half the time, Kim.  This is classic addict behavior as well.  She's so blasted that, to her, she's acting composed and cool as a cucumber.  To her, Nooooo one would ever be able to tell because she's hiding it so well, you see.  This is why it's imperative that for someone who wants to be clean and sober, they need to listen and really hear what people are saying to them about their behavior when they are off the wagon.  They can't see it for themselves.  Rarely does anyone, addict or not, while intoxicated, have a clear picture of how they look to others.  Her perception of herself is almost completely inverted.

At this point BRAVO might as well fly all the HoWives out to a cow pasture so they could literally fling shit at one another.

God help me, I would watch that too...........

During the show on Tuesday, I was thinking to myself that I'd love it if, at the reunion, Andy handed out those foam wiffle bats to all the HW and let them beat each other upside their heads with them.  lol  I'd PAY to see that shit. 

• Love 13

Am I to understand  Kyle, the doting, loving, long-suffering martyr sister, along with her posse of friends....the two Lisas, Eileen and  probably Yolanda, concocted an intervention plan for her sister Kim, on camera, at work, on Bravo? 

If there is even an OUNCE of truth to that, Kim needs to sue ALL OF THEM, including BRAVO. Take them all to the cleaners, Kim. You will be totally justified.

Do even ONE of them....Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav, Yolanda even have a COLLEGE EDUCATION? What makes them even REMOTELY qualified to even THINK of undertaking such a task? Do neither of these women have any brains?  Never mind, I know the answer to that.

Yes, Kim is an addict. Yes, she needs help. Professional help. Not  RHOBH help. Please, KELLY(Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav,Yolanda) have no delusions of grandeur about your intelligence or ability to handle an intervention. Yeiyeiyei. 

You are forgetting that it was BRANDI that asked Lisa R to talk to Kyle and the others about a possible intervention. And, the person who actually ran with it seemed to be Yolanda - since LisaR said point blank that it wasn't her place to stage an intervention for Kim. So, no I don't think that Kyle, Eileen, and Lisas tried to stage an intervention for Kim. I think Brandi did and used Yolanda and LisaR to do it for her because she couldn't handle the idea that Kim might know that Brandi knew she wasn't sober.

• Love 19

That's just how Facebook categorizes their pages. Actor/Director is a single category. A lot of them get around that by registering as "Public Figure" instead, which I think is probably more fitting for Kyle. It's not as if she's a private figure, putting her life on TV and whatnot.

Ummm, NO where in LisaV blog does she say they were planning an "intervention"! NO WHERE! LOL

• Love 11

Great acronym-too bad we already had a Kelly on RHONYC and it might cause confusion. 

There is pretty close to zero evidence of any planned intervention.  There is substantial evidence via Brandi's blog that Kim planned on being an attack dog.  "Kim was a cold-steel assassin.  She walked in like Eastwood armed*, silent, detached and took her seat.  then she waited. . . ".  I do think that once Yolanda opened, a disinterested Kim decided to make it all about her.

Regardless if it were a planned intervention-which would be an odd place to have it unless someone thought it a good idea for Kim to rehab in the Netherlands, Bravo has ZERO duty to Kim, in fact Kim signs a contract claiming she is of sound mind.  Here is a copy of one from Tamra Barney and Evolution Media-same folks that produce RHOBH  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/real-housewives-orange-county-contract-reality-tv/  It works both ways-Kim is covered for her slander of Lisar household.  So no suing for these ladies.

There really isn't a legal definition of what constitutes an intervention.  Nor does an intervention have to have any professionals or degrees persons involved.  This failed as any sort of intervention because not one person brought up Kim's sobriety other than Kim.  It was about Lisar overstepping into Kim's world and offer an apology with the full cast present.  We had Eileen straight Kim out on some factual things but Mostly it was just Kim insulting three people and one person's family.

*There are so many levels of wrong if Kim is allowed to carry any weapon. . . ever

• Love 12

CTO -- I think with Kim what is so shocking to those who have to actually witness it in the flesh is the level of intoxication and craziness on view.  That makes it hard for folks not to speak up and get involved.  When she goes off the rails, she's really goes for it to such an extent that folks probably feel OBLIGED to say something and intervene.  This can be done with an open hand or with malice. I don't think that Rinna acted maliciously -- I also don't think that she handled it all that poorly.  Kim's resistance and dishonesty are what has made all of this so upsetting and unpleasant.  Kim's got no game when it comes to covering her tracks if that's her intention -- She does it very badly and that just adds to the layers of concern and exasperation.  

It's one thing to pretend you don't notice that X is high at a party when they "shouldn't" be.  It's another thing when that high is something SO in everyone's face, so nutty, destructive, and hostile that you have to betray yourself to keep quiet. 

I would find it very difficult indeed to work with a person who displays the over the top nuttiness and levels of inebriation that Kim does when she's in full relapse mode.  I'd question my integrity, for one, and that's never much fun -- and, beyond a certain point, I'd be worried for my own safety.   She's not just flying high -- She's higher than a kite and crazy. 

Privacy is one thing but Kim doesn't seem to understand where she ends and other folks begin.  Her right to privacy in the matter doesn't trump everyone else's right to not feel awful and confused and worried when they are forced to be around her.  It all gets back to the same knot -- If her desire is have her private life and do as she pleases, why be on this show?  Trying to have it both ways isn't working for anyone.  I know I'm going to finish the season because it's impossible for me to stop now but, if she's back next year, I'm going to think long and hard about tuning into next season at all.  

Aside from that, Cheers! And thanks for being nice. 

Great post.  I am of two minds when it comes to the “intervention” issue and Kim’s addict behavior being strictly “her business”.  I totally understand why she feels like it’s her business and everyone should butt out.  I get it, I’ve been there.  I’m there so often I own a time share.  But that is also a huge part of the illness.  Of course no one wants their vices exposed and taken away from them.  No one wants to feel vulnerable and embarrassed.  No one wants to lose something that they feel is helping them cope with themselves and the world. 

I guess I think of it this way; if you replace her alcoholism with any other abusive behavior, would it still be only her business?  If, instead of drinking and pills, she was binging and throwing up or taking laxatives and spending an inordinate amount of time in other people’s bathrooms or she was so underweight she couldn’t stand up for five minutes without passing out, would you still MYOB?  If she were self-harming and you actually witnessed her taking out a razor and cutting herself, would you still MYOB?  If she were being abused by her husband and you witnessed her being hit/pushed/slapped/shoved or her being verbally abused, would you still MYOB?

It’s hard to know where the line is between a person’s autonomy to do with their life what they please and when it starts affecting everyone around them and someone has to step in.  Kim crosses that line every single time she puts herself on camera and films herself high while interacting with the other HW.  She’s not the quiet addict in the corner, either.  Her addict behavior is...interactive. lol  She brings it to other people’s attention and then balks at having them question her about it.  That is my problem with this.  If Kim doesn’t want to be sober or she wants to pretend she’s sober, that’s alllll on her.  But she’s bringing that into other people’s lives and they (the HW and us) have a right to voice their opinion on that.

I also don't think what they were trying to do was an official "intervention", unless Bravo had it set up to where there was an actual interventionist waiting in the wings when filming stopped.  It was more like when a loved one has a "come to jesus" or a "heart to heart" with someone they care about and are worried about.  I put more blame on Bravo's shoulder than the other HW because this is their show and if they didn't want to show Kim like this, then they wouldn't.  That's Kim's responsibility to work out with the network. 

• Love 11

When Brandi starts in (or any of the Housewives, for that matter) with all of that "EVERYONE knows..."  "EVERYONE here...."  or "EVERYONE anything".... I am reminded of my kids when they were in middle school or high school and they wanted to do something that I did not think was a good idea.  "Well, Mom, EVERYONE is going that party where the parents aren't going to be home and there will be a keg and alcohol".... "Well, Mom, EVERYONE is going down the shore to some strangers' house for the weekend"......"Well, Mom, EVERYONE is skipping school for Senior Skip Day - not just the seniors".....ummm, no......NOT everyone!!

Again, it's just another showing of her immature frustrations.  Especially in the street scene here, when Brandi does that shrieking thing, and walks away--JUST far enough for people to notice and to hear her nasty comments.

I guess that's another of Brandi's example of HYPERBOLE.    Like in "everyone says your daughter is an alcoholic"  

• Love 2
(edited)

tumblr_inline_mjyxi3lSNG1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_lw2818fhr91qzku76o1_500.gif?w=560

Personal favorites from the shitastic wonder Kim!

I gotta say, after somebody else here hearkened back to Kim's admission that she smuggled her happy sauce in a covered coffee cup, the first thing I noticed when Kim joined the women waiting to go on the bike excursion was her carrying a covered coffee cup. Maybe it was full of coffee, maybe it was full of "coffee", I don't know, but being as it's Kim, wondering seems fair.

Seeing these gifs really brings it home, wow, is Kim looking rough these days. She was looking better even pre-rehab than she is now. Kim looked great as an alkie! Fresh, even! In Amsterdam she's just looking rough to me both on the show and in the pictures I've seen. Facially, Kim is rocking the two burnt holes in a blanket, crazy eyes look. Back in the day, my Granma would have said she looks drawn. Kim looks draawwwn.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 9

I thought Lisa truly looked scared, cautious and still dumbfounded by the night before. She had no desire to engage Kim, correct her, just let her speak and nod your head. It was a different LisaR.

Ugh, I don't trust Rinna, but I got to agree with this.

The ladies def out-did their Bravo contracted grotesqueries. But the magical mix of bullshit was like a trompe l'oeil of respective traumas and their weirdo affects.  Lisa Rinna actually looked like a PTSD patient for most of the episode, and it came to a head during the Kim apology event.  So i had moments where I felt bad for her.  Like something was really off, not okay, just bad.

And even more fucking baroque, because it's this shows with these women,  the dial on sadness is turned up to "unsettlingly histrionic."

So what comes first the reality show or the cluster "B" drama disorder, you know?

• Love 3

There is pretty close to zero evidence of any planned intervention

From Lisav's blog on the last episode: 

"So as we join the ladies in Amsterdam, I meet Lisa and Eileen for some tea in the lounge. I was reticent to be involved in this potential confrontation. I had voiced my concerns gently to Lisa, expressing my thoughts on discussing sobriety with Kim--it was a land mine that I wanted to avoid."

I added the Bold. 

What other "potential confrontation" could she be referring to?

Also, I mentioned this in a previous post...... we see ELL(Eileen, Lisav, Lisar) meeting up in the hotel lounge....presumably to have the tea ...... (where Lisar talks about how seeing Eileen and Lisav was like seeing a lifeboat in the midst of a storm)..... and it was so odd that Lisar would be talking to them about KIm of all people! She spilled the tea(no pun intended) on her conversation/confrontation with Kim on the plane and how Kim supposedly was ignoring her/glaring at her/wouldn't giver her a hug! 

I thought at the time how strange it was! If I didn't like a co-worker I would be happy if they ignored me and I certainly wouldn't want a hug from them! Was Lisar hoping there would be some thawing of the ice between her and Kim which would lay the foundation for the "potential confrontation" which was planned for later on? 

The plot gets thicker. All these women are just gawd-awful horrible. Anything to get ahead. The only one that comes to being remotely likeable or genuine IMO is Yolanda. She does have some saving grace.

• Love 4

I think it'll be easy to figure it out, all we need to do is backtrack to see who has "Fuck" as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb in every single post.

Aw, shit, that puts me in the suspect pool......

Okay, so I feel the need to defend myself here.  Yes, I love the word fuck, it's my favorite fucking word.  But you see, I can't possibly be Brandi.  I don't even use tampons.

I have looked at the pictures from the Amsterdam trip ( and other events these women attend) and what I really want to know is whether these women ever fall, trip , teeter on their shoes. Spikes on cobblestones just do not mix. They have to fall occasionally , don't they ? And where are the outtakes ??

Seriously, I know I could never walk the streets in shoes that high and I try. But it hurts !!

lol  I fall down on the regular in my bare feet, but somehow I'm better at walking when I'm in my hooker heels. 

I just read Brandi's blog and had to laugh at her remark about the others getting upset about her "tossing an inch of wine while "play acting soap opera".  Maybe Brandi was "play acting soap opera", but its obvious that Eileen didn't get the memo.  No, it wasn't playful nor was it funny.  In fact, Brandi doesn't know how to kid and joke around.  At the pot place, I really think the other ladies were joking and pretending they were unfamiliar with pot, as they laughed and giggled about it.  Of course, Brandi didn't get the joke because her idea of a joke is to out people (Adrianne, Kyle) regarding things that are not hers to reveal, or make remarks about eating pussy, or any other outlandish thing she can think of that will be of shock value.  Brandi and Kim make a good pair. 

Good point.  She doesn't have much of a sense of humor does she?  She likes to either be dirty or catty, and almost always at inappropriate times with the wrong audience.  Now I love me some bawdy blue humor, but that's not what Brandi does.  There's no humor in her sexual comments.  At least Lisa V tries but she's too one note.  She was fresher in Season 1 before all of her jokes were played out.  Someone sat these women down and make them watch some Mae West and Bette Midler!   

• Love 5

Notice posts going poof? Keep to the subject and that won't happen. The majority of your post needs to be about this episode, there are plenty of other topics to re-hash old episodes/years long arguments. 

From Lisav's blog on the last episode: 

"So as we join the ladies in Amsterdam, I meet Lisa and Eileen for some tea in the lounge. I was reticent to be involved in this potential confrontation. I had voiced my concerns gently to Lisa, expressing my thoughts on discussing sobriety with Kim--it was a land mine that I wanted to avoid."

I added the Bold. 

What other "potential confrontation" could she be referring to?

Also, I mentioned this in a previous post...... we see ELL(Eileen, Lisav, Lisar) meeting up in the hotel lounge....presumably to have the tea ...... (where Lisar talks about how seeing Eileen and Lisav was like seeing a lifeboat in the midst of a storm)..... and it was so odd that Lisar would be talking to them about KIm of all people! She spilled the tea(no pun intended) on her conversation/confrontation with Kim on the plane and how Kim supposedly was ignoring her/glaring at her/wouldn't giver her a hug! 

I thought at the time how strange it was! If I didn't like a co-worker I would be happy if they ignored me and I certainly wouldn't want a hug from them! Was Lisar hoping there would be some thawing of the ice between her and Kim which would lay the foundation for the "potential confrontation" which was planned for later on? 

The plot gets thicker. All these women are just gawd-awful horrible. Anything to get ahead. The only one that comes to being remotely likeable or genuine IMO is Yolanda. She does have some saving grace.

Hmmm, nothing about her statement implies she was referring to the dinner.  I assume she is talking about the conversation she had with Lisa and Eileen in the lobby of the hotel, where Eileen was talking about confronting Kim.  

LVP has been pretty adamant that she is not interested in confronting Kim, so not sure why people are assuming she would take part in a planned "intervention" or confrontation during dinner at a restaurant. Same goes for Kyle and Yo, in my opinion.

It looked to me like Yo mentioned Bella because Brandi told her everybody was calling her daughter an alcoholic.  Then, Lisa became emotional talking about her own sister.  It wasn't about Kim.  Honestly, I think that Kim was the furthest thing from Yo's mind when she broached the subject of her daughter.

• Love 13
(edited)

Watching again (something to do while I dry the dog from his bath).  Kim was waiting to give that speech at dinner.  There was nothing that set her off, she was waiting for the time to jump in.   She didn't interact, she was given a very well rehearsed speech - and you could tell from the look on Brandi's face that she had heard it before. They discussed it before, and you just know Brandi egged her on.   Wish cameras were there Kim saw all the episodes and realize how often Brandi threw her under the bus. 

Do u think Brandi calls Leeza Gibbons an old hag - after all she is 57, and Kathy Hilton is 55, so neither of her new friends better exhibit any signs of menopause ;-)

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 14

I think it'll be easy to figure it out, all we need to do is backtrack to see who has "Fuck" as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb in every single post.

Aw, shit, that puts me in the suspect pool......

Well, I for one would be enchanted to learn Brandi is among us, inciting us to throw wineglasses at one another. Please make it be true. 

(edited)

Interesting that in her blog, Brandi says that LisaR threw ice water at Kim before she broke the wine glass. But, she also says that Lisa broke the glass in their faces. They were all standing and Lisa broke the glass on the edge of the table which is still dangerous and unacceptable, but it wasn't in or toward their faces. Is that more hyperbole?

I'm awful because as much as I hate that LisaR lost her shit like that. A part of me totally laughed and said to myself "Rinna will cut a bitch if she doesn't back up off her man." My husband and I rewound that several times and he kept saying "damn, that bitch is gangsta (because she broke the glass and was holding the stem like a shiv." Then he made the best joke ever (I love that he will watch this one reality show with me). He was like "Where's Harry Hamlin with Medusa's head to turn Kim into stone? That woman is a Kracken if ever there was one."

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 10

If people act like 3 year olds, no matter what their age, I'll treat them like 3 year olds. I leave them in their mess of a life and go on with my own and not engage them. I don't include them in get togethers. Makes my life easier and more enjoyable.

I do not at all disagree with this, but there are obviously times on this show where the women can't just get up and leave or avoid the certain other women because they're filming a show. Outside of the show, yeah, I totally agree to not include them, avoid them, and leave them in their mess of a life!

• Love 2

So Sitting down to that dinner was her sitting down with her "employers" to discuss her problems with alcohol? I'm still wondering what on earth happened this season that this "putting foots down" is so dramatically necessary. I mean she was a seriously scary hot mess in that season when she was with that Ken person and no one was talking intervention but OMG this pill has everyone up and arms. Apparently Kyle's vapors are seriously contagious this season. I dunno.

I dunno, this is just my experience with being around unstable people who curse at you, get in your face and make threats.  My arms get allllll up when that happens. 

Yes, her sitting down to dinner, was her performing at her job.  Her job, being a wash-up, coked-out child celeb on a reality tv show, which showcases her life and relationships.  Her life, as we've seen it, revolves around relationships with alcohol, turtles, chicken salad, pain pills, fancy blouses, a fleeing sister, fingers, a bitey dog, and one lipstick dildo.    

Again, her actions this season are not in a vacuum.  Every other interaction the other HW have had with her, also comes into play.  Her attitude towards "this pill" has actually had more to do with this season' storyline than the pill itself.  If she even gave the teeny tiniest fuck about how she behaves when high, and was actually apologetic for that, much of this would not have happened.  People are not going to drop a subject when someone acts a fool and then tries to hand wave it.  She controlled this season's storyline more than anyone. 

Kim is actually responsible for herself and her feelings and her actions.  If she isn't and everyone else is, then why get on everyone else's case for trying to manage her?  It can't be both ways.  It can't be "Kim has no autonomy or responsibility over her actions.  She's an addict.  She's a bee or a bear or cat." and then in the same breath say that "Everyone needs to leave Kim alone because her behavior is her business".  If she cannot manage herself, someone else will.  Now maybe she needs to be committed, I dunno, but whatever it is, it needs to be done away from the last HW show I watch.  lol 

• Love 24

I must salute a few of you. It would never have occurred to me that Rinna might have been asked by TPTB to bring up Kim's non-sobriety more than one time. She indicated she was a hustler and would do anything to remain visible on tv. I actually like her so it pains me a bit to realize that she could be following orders. Dayum!

If this last epi was defcon five, can you imagine defcon one at the reunion?!

• Love 5

All this talk of "outing" and "meddling" and minding your own business really baffles me. When you sign a contract to appear on a reality tv show, you pre-emptively out yourself.

If you don't want someone in your business, or your husband's, or your kid's... don't sign up. If you don't want a coworker sharing or commenting on your secrets, don't sign up to work with them when you know that's what they get paid to do. Otherwise, everything and everyone is fair game. Am I alone in this thinking? I just don't understand all of the shock and anger these women show when details of their personal lives are disclosed.

• Love 20
(edited)

I did however want to trot out the famous Richards sister synchronized finger point!

Thank you so much for posting that picture. It's been snowing/sleeting all day and I'm stuck in the house.

The Richards sisters' synchronized finger point made me laugh and inspired my creativity. :)

The%20Pointer%20Sisters_zpsvycvqu4h.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 15

Do even ONE of them....Kyle, Eileen, Lisar, Lisav, Yolanda even have a COLLEGE EDUCATION? What makes them even REMOTELY qualified to even THINK of undertaking such a task? Do neither of these women have any brains?  Never mind, I know the answer to that.

Sue for what?  Kim is on a reality show. She agreed to showcase her life once she signed on the dotted line.  I doubt she complains about that when she's cashing a Bravo check. 

And what does a college education have to do with speaking to someone about an addiction? 

I checked that Crazy Days link - - I hope the "big name" isn't Lisa R or Eileen.

• Love 18

I've been thinking about Kim's "main" argument with Lisa Rinna.  According to Kim, when she was talking to Yolanda about all of this, she said that her kids would leave her if they even THOUGHT she was drinking or using again, and that was why she wanted Lisa R. to shut up about it.  

I wonder if Kim's kids are watching the show, and seeing her behavior?  I mean, we are all watching and we all can see that she is not sober or clean.  We are just getting a glimpse of what goes on in Kim Richards' life.

I wonder if Kim's kids have now all left her, after seeing some of the episodes of the show?

At this point, she cannot blame anything on Lisa R - by her own behavior and her own admission, on film, of taking "one" of Monty's pain pills, she has outed herself - to everyone.  

• Love 8

Well true but she'd have to care what they were saying. Or that they were saying something.

The finger pointing just gets me. I can't do it, my Mother, bless her heart, wouldn't tolerate it and said when you point a finger you got three pointed at yourself. It stuck with me.

Yeah, Kim doesn't care what is being said.  Someone upthread totally nailed it.  She's too busy forming a rebuttal (or insult) in her head while someone else is speaking to really hear anyone.  She's also listening for keywords like "addiction", "perfect", "turtle", "Kyle" to know if she should be "Goofball Kim" or "Righteous Sober Kim" .

I talk with my hands.  A lot.  But I don't point at other people like that.  Terrible habit and very disrespectful.  I have a few hand gestures of my own for Kim and Kyle.

I do so wish that when Kim started to go off that Lisa V. would have looked at Lisa R. and Eileen and sald "Lisa, Eileen let's go." and then all three grab their handbags and walk out later to be seen having fun, enjoying themselves at a night club.

I wonder if and how often they could actually get away with doing that.  I know refusing to film at all is not tolerated but at what point, if any, is it okay to walk out?  I would actually have liked it if they'd al done this -- they being Kyle, the Lisas and Eileen.  I want to see more of those ladies doing their thing. 

What in the windmill was up with that long lost boyfriend of Yo's?  He didn't look like he could have even been born when Yolanda was still living there.  That was weird.  Is this what this show has come to?  Made up memories? 

"Remember when we kissed?"

"Yeah, no, sorry."

Well that was thrilling....

• Love 7