Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Well...that didn't work out so well for Kristen Taekman....apparently non-glass wine "vessels" can cut your lip, LOL!!!  :-)

As a card-carrying klutz who broke not one but two shatter-resistant wine glasses within a week after they were given to me, I don't doubt it!

• Love 6
(edited)

My problem with Kyle was that she acted so innocent! I can't remember verbatim what she said, but it was like, " What do they call this? A reefer, blunt, joint, I dunno?" I'm sure she's had the talk with her older girls and is very knowledgeable about it. She wouldn't want to appear lame to them.

I thought they were all, including Kyle, joking. If you know all the names for pot, you've smoked. Kyle reeled those off and laughed. Lisa, too, made a joke about not knowing what to do.

Brandi had a hissy fit because she wasn't part of the camaraderie, because she can't laugh about herself and she never gets any jokes.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 17
(edited)

Aging is the preferred choice for most people! LOL Brandi likes to point out others hypocrisy but fails to admit to her own, which happen far more often IMO.

I can empathize with Brandi in circumstances like the gay mixer. I don't want to rehash the whole thing since it wasn't in this episode but I personally felt Kyle was the aggressor in that situation and was coddled while B was vilified...and that that sort of thing has happened a lot over the years.

She is her worst enemy, though, for not only NOT adjusting her behavior but amplifying it and continuing to insist it is equivalent to what others do. For example, Brandi is right that LVP makes sex jokes all the time. It doesn't offend me but it I've certainly noticed and definitely think it's a bit forced and shticky. What Brandi doesn't see or won't admit is that Lisa can get away with making little quips like "Here's my swing, I'm a swinger" because it flies as cheeky. Wanting to catch your man fucking another woman doggy style but not interrupting so you can see his face when he cums? KINDA DIFFERENT. She has no (or perhaps too much) understanding of audience appropriate.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

Sorry if this has been mentioned.  Brandi seemed to be wound up tighter than a top.   Did Yo tell her "no drinking, and you must behave on this trip, or we are done".   She seemed overly tense, wanting a glass of wine more than life itself.   It was like she was going through withdrawls.   Being on good behavior isn't her thing, and it showed.  She's looking real nasty.  Her hair is bad, clothes look awful, and she doesn't seem too happy with anything or anyone.  And what's up with all the age comments.  She's 4 years younger than Kyle.  She's not the 21 year old she wants to be, or acts like. 

Can't help but notice, Brandi & Kim were alone when Kyle went searching for her luggage (previous episode).  The minute Kyle came back, Kim explodes.  Fast forward to the dinner explosion.  Kim screams at Kyle that "Kathy would have never done that to me" . . isn't that exactly what Brandi said to Kim at her house after the gay mixer?    No question that Brandi gets in Kim's ear, and it seems to come right out of Kims mouth.  

Lastly, there have been several rumors about a big "bombshell" at the Reunion.  Does anybody think it's either Kim or Brandi saying they are done?  Of course, due to contracts, they wouldn't be able to say anything, but it's interesting that Brandi has made comments alluding to that - and then there is Kim not doing any blogs (not that she usually does), or tweeting since early February. 

• Love 4

Brandi's Blurg, oops "Blog" is up. More delusion this week than last. And Brandi, if you are still trying to weasel ways of staying in Yo's life, you may want to remember her mom's name is ANS. Not "Ana" as you called her. Way to underscore how close you really are to Yo.

If Brandi has such deep disdain and disgust over her non-Kim and non-Yo cast mates, then why doesn't she QUIT for Christ's sake! Go live your self proclaimed incredibly happy and full life away from the cameras. I'm really over how she tries to throw shade at the other women because of their ages. So the fuck what if most of them are 50 or over? The clock is ticking for you too, Brandi. Some studies have shown people who are bitter, negative, hold grudges, drink excessively etc. age faster and harder. Good luck keeping up your "youthful" plastic looks.

Just sayin'. Y'all know I'm just a truth cannon, and that's how I roll. I don't have a filter.

IMO, she did NOT write it, someone else did for her. I read her first book and have listened to her speak on this show, her podcast and CA as well as numerous WWHL/interviews, she is NOT that smart, not that articulate to have written that, in any way shape or form.

There is NO way in hell that Brandi wrote that blog....there are words in there that I am almost positive she has no idea what they mean...."hyperbole"??? 

If someone asks her two weeks from now what that word means, I would love to hear her answer, and I'm sure it's as far from the real definition as I am from becoming friends with Brandi!!!! 

I guess everyone sees things differently, but I sure as hell would love to have some of whatever Brandi may have smoked before she recalled her version of the truth! 

Although, I will have to agree with her on a few things (as much as it pains and shocks me to say it!!) - she is right about the hypocrisy of the situation, however, maybe, just maybe, the other housewives are more understanding of bad actions when they are out of character and when they are apologized for, profusely, immediately afterward.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no doubt that Brandi is posting here. Straight out of the Jill Zarin play book.

On the other hand there is no way she writes those blogs. She uses a ghostwriter. Straight out of the Carole Radziwill play book.

Now if another housewife is caught stumbling out of the club with their tampon showing.....well that's the Brandi Play book.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 16
(edited)

I still haven't caught up, so apologies if this has already been mentioned... but I can't get over how controlled Kim seemed at the table, after the incident, and during the non-apology meeting with Lisa. For someone who doesn't like confrontations, she sure seemed to be holding her own during that confrontation. Putting aside the fact that she had to try and use blackmail to win an argument, Kim's voice was firm, she wasn't at a loss for words (though the words she chose weren't particularly powerful, I mean eat some bread, come on), she didn't sputter, she kept eye contact, her body language looked aggressive, and she didn't backdown even when Lisa went for her. 

When the other women left, they all seemed so overwhelmed and shocked by what had transpired. They were hugging and trying to make sense of it. They broke down in tears. Kim looked triumphant. She didn't second guess herself. She didn't seem the least bit phased by any of it. Just offended by how rude Lisa was and surprised at how she went there.

The next day she just walked into Lisa's room and stuck by everything. Again she made eye contact, didn't take any blame for anything that went down, calmly told Lisa why she was wrong, and smugly accepted Lisa's apology.

The Kim that has always been described as a kind of broken bird was nowhere in sight. The Kim we saw did not seem the least bit weary of confrontation. In fact she seemed quite pleased. 

Mama Persnickety was an opiate addict.

She had this same demeanor demonstrated by Kim.

I suspect Mama Persnickety had a raging case of undiagnosed bipolar disorder, but I have no idea if Kim has such a diagnosis or not.

It's interesting though, that my mother (rest her soul) was precisely as Kim was during this meal.  I could start my own forum on her inappropriate, out-of-control outbursts such as Kim demonstrated at WERCK (after this dinner, they should change the name of that restaurant to WRECK).  

IMO, just from personal experience, it's cathartic for people like my mother and Kim.

Their intent is malicious, their instant gratification is striking so low that it causes an emotional outburst from the recipient, and then they're satisfied with themselves for getting the reaction they wanted.

I'm not saying Kim is an opiate addict nor that she has bipolar disorder, but the similarities between Kim's behavior at that dinner and behavior I had seen exhibited by my mother is uncanny.

Another example - See Mama Joyce and her relentless vicious snarking at Kandi last season.  She started criticizing Todd, then saying Kandi's daughter didn't even like Todd, and went through a literal laundry list of shit until she finally made Kandi break down and cry when she snarked on her engagement ring.  Mama Joyce achieved her goal, to break Kandi down, and she shut her fucking trap after that, looking self-satisfied and smug, just like Kim did after everyone left the restaurant last night.  

Kim's behavior towards Kyle is very much like that as well, especially last night.  

Bravo should release the whole uncut, unedited, uncensored dinner on DVD.  Hell, I'd work overtime to buy that shit.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 20
(edited)

My problem with Kyle was that she acted so innocent! I can't remember verbatim what she said, but it was like, " What do they call this? A reefer, blunt, joint, I dunno?" I'm sure she's had the talk with her older girls and is very knowledgeable about it. She wouldn't want to appear lame to them.

This sort of reminds me of Kyle pretending that she didn't know what crystal meth was and asked if it was something for your car. 

I guess it's fair to say that the ladies in general haven't changed much.

ETA: Nevermind, sorry beaker73, I missed your post pointing this out.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 3

So E! News had segment of 'Top10 Real Housewives Meltdowns'. The Amsterdamn dinner won the #1 spot. IDK, it was definitely up there but I think the Tre Gee-Do-Chay table flip from Jersey should have been #1.

What do you all think?

Nope....Scary Island should be #1, Porsha vs. Kenya should be #2, Glass Crash in Amsterdam #3 and the table flip #4.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think I am going to add to my bucket list getting a great, big, Yolanda Hadid Foster hug.

I liked Kim and Kyle jackets / outerwear throughout the episode.  I also liked the jackets Lisa V and Eileen wore on the bike ride.

I agree - I think that Yolanda probably gives a great hug...she looks like she is very nurturing and caring when someone is hurting.  I loved hearing her trying to calm Lisa Rinna...."sssh....sshhh...it's alright....", all the while, embracing her, and stroking her head - she is very calming.

Speaking of the ugly scene in the restaurant.........I sure hope they left a good tip but that would only happen if they remembered to pay the check!  ;)

I don't think that they had a chance to eat anything...except maybe bread (all except Lisa R, according to Kim)!!  :-)

At least when the Atlanta ladies fight in a restaurant, they make sure to get a full dinner in before the fireworks start, LOL!!!! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7
(edited)

Brandi's a hot mess lately, though certainly not for a few episodes, and her head is too big, but I believe she wrote that blog about this episode, and made some damn good points.  Hyperbole is hardly a sophisticated word.

She was objecting to all of the women acting like fools in that pot shop, and pretending to have absolutely no idea how to roll a joint, or even what you call marijuana.  It was ridiculous, and they were all rude as hell. 

Since Lipsa continues to poke the sleeping bear with a stick on twitter, I assume we will not hear what secret Lipsa is keeping about Harry on the reunion.  Her behavior was shameful in throwing that glass.  I don't think Kim or Brandi are lying about picking glass out of their clothes, and hair.  I do wonder if a few of the other wives had the same issue, but because it's "get Kim and Brandi" year, they aren't mentioning it.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6
(edited)

I still haven't caught up, so apologies if this has already been mentioned... but I can't get over how controlled Kim seemed at the table, after the incident, and during the non-apology meeting with Lisa. For someone who doesn't like confrontations, she sure seemed to be holding her own during that confrontation. Putting aside the fact that she had to try and use blackmail to win an argument, Kim's voice was firm, she wasn't at a loss for words (though the words she chose weren't particularly powerful, I mean eat some bread, come on), she didn't sputter, she kept eye contact, her body language looked aggressive, and she didn't backdown even when Lisa went for her.

When the other women left, they all seemed so overwhelmed and shocked by what had transpired. They were hugging and trying to make sense of it. They broke down in tears. Kim looked triumphant. She didn't second guess herself. She didn't seem the least bit phased by any of it. Just offended by how rude Lisa was and surprised at how she went there.

The next day she just walked into Lisa's room and stuck by everything. Again she made eye contact, didn't take any blame for anything that went down, calmly told Lisa why she was wrong, and smugly accepted Lisa's apology.

The Kim that has always been described as a kind of broken bird was nowhere in sight. The Kim we saw did not seem the least bit weary of confrontation. In fact she seemed quite pleased.

So very true...Kim did seem to have a new resolve. She sure made LisaR back down enough to apologize. I'd say this round went to Kim. Most think she's a drunken pill pusher addict...sure didn't look like it from my TV. Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 4

Oh, don't feel too badly for her.

There are many other anti-anxiety medications on the market that do not have the mind-altering and addictive effects of Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan.  Ones that don't make the user look and act a fool as Kim does.  

This may sound harsh, but, yes if you are under long-term use of any of the above-mentioned anxiolytics, they are highly addictive and the user must wean off of them slowly, usually under a physician's supervision.  Seizures and other nastiness can occur with an immediate withholding of the medication.

So, speaking completely technically, yes, one using these long-term is indeed addicted to the properties of the drugs and, in pure layman's terms, for all intents and purposes a "drug addict."  

Sounds harsh but addiction doesn't separate a prescription from a street drug.  It's an equal opportunity destroyer.  

I've been on all of those drugs and have never acted like Kim nor has anyone else I've ever known who takes them regularly.  Her reactions to meds certainly mixes with her normal brain chemistry and wretched personality and that's what everyone sees.  I'd be really shocked if she's only been taking the average prescribed dosages of any of those meds.  I think, just like side-effects, withdrawal is highly dependent on the person.  I think for someone who has addiction issues, taking any medication can be risky.  There's becoming physiologically dependent and/or psychologically dependent, which I think the latter can often pose the biggest risk insofar that it makes the person need the drug to sustain the way the drug makes them feel.  When I detox from Ativan, for instance, I'm only doing so for the physiological dependence.  But it doesn't change my overall personality much -- I don't sleep and I'm very anxious, but not vindictive or mean.  I think what we see with Kim is her personality filtered through the drugs, not completely altered by them. 

• Love 8
I think Kim has always been close to her sister Kathy and those two have been closer maybe than each is with Kyle. I think Kyle is apparently a better parent than Kathy and Kim which would bring it's own issues into their family. Anyhow! I do believe that Kyle brought Kim on this show with intent to help Kim but also maybe force Kim's addiction into a light. I think in Kyle's mind, all of this was done lovingly. I think in Kim's mind it is heinous act to do to your sister.

If Kim truly feels that way, she should get off the show.

Now that the show has been on several years, Kyle has success and her husband a new business and everyone is profiting financially, Kyle doesn't need Kim anymore so she's dumping her. Kim has believed all these seasons that Kyle loves her and cares about her when what has actually turned out to the case is that Kyle is only interested in Kyle more than anyone or anything else. That may very well be how the world is supposed to turn. But it hurt and continues to hurt Kim and it's making life harder for Kim to have everyone hammering on her issues.

When has Kyle needed Kim?  What has Kim ever done for Kyle?  Kyle has said that Kim is like Mauricio's second wife, so he (and Kyle) must have done a lot for her over the years.  And if its making it harder for Kim, having others hammering on her issues, she'd be smart to leave the show and lean on the ones who "really" care for her, Kathy and Brandi.

• Love 12

Sorry if this has been mentioned.  Brandi seemed to be wound up tighter than a top.   Did Yo tell her "no drinking, and you must behave on this trip, or we are done".   She seemed overly tense, wanting a glass of wine more than life itself.   It was like she was going through withdrawls.   Being on good behavior isn't her thing, and it showed.  She's looking real nasty.  Her hair is bad, clothes look awful, and she doesn't seem too happy with anything or anyone.  And what's up with all the age comments.  She's 4 years younger than Kyle.  She's not the 21 year old she wants to be, or acts like. 

Can't help but notice, Brandi & Kim were alone when Kyle went searching for her luggage (previous episode).  The minute Kyle came back, Kim explodes.  Fast forward to the dinner explosion.  Kim screams at Kyle that "Kathy would have never done that to me" . . isn't that exactly what Brandi said to Kim at her house after the gay mixer?    No question that Brandi gets in Kim's ear, and it seems to come right out of Kims mouth.  

Lastly, there have been several rumors about a big "bombshell" at the Reunion.  Does anybody think it's either Kim or Brandi saying they are done?  Of course, due to contracts, they wouldn't be able to say anything, but it's interesting that Brandi has made comments alluding to that - and then there is Kim not doing any blogs (not that she usually does), or tweeting since early February. 

Kim is repeating, almost verbatim what Brandi has been whispering in her ear! Could we be lucky enough that the "big announcement" is that Kim quit and has gone into long term in-patient rehab?

More on weedgate from last night's tweets.

xdfgi1.png

I have never understood why someone tweets a HW they do not like! Isn't ignoring them and then tweeting support to your preferred HW more powerful? It is like watching a 12 year old having a temper tantrum go after a HW on twitter IMO.

I agree - I think that Yolanda probably gives a great hug...she looks like she is very nurturing and caring when someone is hurting.  I loved hearing her trying to calm Lisa Rinna...."sssh....sshhh...it's alright....", all the while, embracing her, and stroking her head - she is very calming.

I don't think that they had a chance to eat anything...except maybe bread (all except Lisa R, according to Kim)!!  :-)

At least when the Atlanta ladies fight in a restaurant, they make sure to get a full dinner in before the fireworks start, LOL!!!! 

Well, it was Yolanda that got that whole dinner fight going after all ! LOL

• Love 4

I thought they were all, including Kyle, joking. If you know all the names for pot, you've smoked. Kyle reeled those off and laughed. Lisa, too, made a joke about not knowing what to do.

Brandi had a hissy fit because she wasn't part of the camaraderie, because she can't laugh about herself and she never gets any jokes.

This has been the year of Brandi's ex-communication-her words not mine.  She claims she wasn't welcomed at the White Party (why not come with your new BFF Kim), she had the look on her face at Bacara when she ended up seated between Kyle and Kim and away from the Lisas-she couldn't even manage a smile for Kim's drunk jokes and now she has to be the stick in the mud over the pot party.  Brandi doesn't like that she isn't hanging with Yolanda and or Lisav.  So much anger towards Kyle and again-why?

• Love 5

Do you mean someone taking those medications as prescribed?  Or abusing them?

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant actually prescribed for a patient by a doctor who has diagnosed then trying to help find the right combination of meds to actually help.  A lot of it is trial and error I believe.

• Love 1

Kim can be effective at winning certain battles, for sure, but always manages to lose the war.  This season's antics have been a really bad look on her.  Her hatred towards Eileen Davidson, as shown at the table, is one of the dumbest and saddest things I've seen on a HWs show. Would hate for that to be my mother, sister, or daughter.  Ignorant in every sense of the word. And ungrateful!

• Love 15

Brandi also refused the cake, so I didn't get this. She's also not drinking. Not a "producer-interference" poster, but this is a place where the PTB may have intervened and issued a warning, couched as "keep your wits."

Brandi was jonesing as much as Kim.

Wasn't Brandi still on the Yolanda cleanse? 

I can empathize with Brandi in circumstances like the gay mixer. I don't want to rehash the whole thing since it wasn't in this episode but I personally felt Kyle was the aggressor in that situation and was coddled while B was vilified...and that that sort of thing has happened a lot over the years.

She is her worst enemy, though, for not only NOT adjusting her behavior but amplifying it and continuing to insist it is equivalent to what others do. For example, Brandi is right that LVP makes sex jokes all the time. It doesn't offend me but it I've certainly noticed and definitely think it's a bit forced and shticky. What Brandi doesn't see or won't admit is that Lisa can get away with making little quips like "Here's my swing, I'm a swinger" because it flies as cheeky. Wanting to catch your man fucking another woman doggy style but not interrupting so you can see his face when he cums? KINDA DIFFERENT.

Brandi does NOT understand the difference between telling a dirty joke and being vulgar. Lisa makes dirty jokes, Brandi tells a vulgar story.  Skinamax compared to hard core porn IMO.

• Love 9

I love it.

I think quite a few reality TV personalities probably peruse the boards here.  Pretty sure a few did over at TWOP, too.

They may not post but they're probably here.

Reading.  

Scrolling.

Judging.

Making mental notes...

If that's true, Kyle either didn't get or intentionally ignored the fact that I was making fun of her. Does anyone think she blamed it on her cape because it was so damn ugly?

• Love 4

If Kim truly feels that way, she should get off the show.

When has Kyle needed Kim?  What has Kim ever done for Kyle?  Kyle has said that Kim is like Mauricio's second wife, so he (and Kyle) must have done a lot for her over the years.  And if its making it harder for Kim, having others hammering on her issues, she'd be smart to leave the show and lean on the ones who "really" care for her, Kathy and Brandi.

I agree. I wish Kim would leave the show. It's not good for her and it's painful to watch.

I'm just giving hypotheticals here in my attempt to understand what the heck i'm seeing in each episode. Regarding Kyle needing Kim...seasons back it was wondered aloud by viewers if this show was partly given a green light due to Kyle being able to bring in "child star!!" Kim Richards. ie. Kyle couldn't get the show green lit on her name alone. Back then, Mauricio still worked for Kathy's husband too. That's all I meant, was wondering about, etc. I have no real idea. These people are all a mess from what I can see.

• Love 3

She mentioned that it was over, but she needed to "keep her wits around these women."

Since she didn't plan to partake, she should have stayed home. I imagine that those places offer nothing else, or people would never leave.

• Love 5

More on weedgate from last night's tweets.

xdfgi1.png

The conversation in the coffee house wasn't if anybody had ever smoked it was about if they were going to partake that night.  No one asked Brandi why she wasn't going to smoke or eat.  I mean what Brandi thinks is appropriate fodder for  children and 99% of the civilized world are very different things.  I am sure her boys will forever been harmed when they read her books.  Maybe  she needs to realize no one really gives a shit about her parenting skills and we are blessfully spared from having to watch it.

• Love 10

I could totally have done without the cock in the mouth-food in the mouth thing that LisaV came up with, although Rinna's question about whether the Dutch aspire to becoming prostitutes was a definite WTF moment.  When you step back after day or so, it all seems so funny and absurd.

And I swear to heavens that if I were Bella I would make it perfectly plain to Mommy that it's enough already with the DUI thing!  What a stupid way to kick off a dinner party ... Who the hell wants to sit down to what could have been a great meal on their first day of travel and have it kicked off by a super-tacky retreat round-robin? It's dinner time, girls -- Time to chill out and enjoy that substance known as food.  It's no wonder they are all so thin.

• Love 6
(edited)

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant actually prescribed for a patient by a doctor who has diagnosed then trying to help find the right combination of meds to actually help.  A lot of it is trial and error I believe.

Most "side effects" disappear or greatly lessen after 3 months and Kim has been on these meds for years now. I think Kim is taking far more of her meds than she is supposed to, as well as taking Monty's pain meds (pills/patch) and she is doing it to get the same high as she did before rehab 3 years ago. She claims sobriety because she will not openly admit to drug addiction, only to alcoholism.

No, that finished before they went to Canada.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

One of the nastier little moments that's getting overlooked is when Kim tells Lisa R. to have a piece of bread so she can calm down. I think that at this point we hear Eileen say off to the side "What a a nasty, evil person you are, Kim" or some such. Typical Kimmie low blow. One can argue that Rinna has been self-serving in putting a big old spotlight on Kim's nuttiness, but at least she put it out there plainly and clearly. Her asking Kim in the limo before they set out for poker night if she had been drinking was pretty brave and totally upfront. Anyway, I thought that was a telling mini moment. Doesn't speak highly of Kim's capacity to feel compassion for another form of suffering if she truly believes Rinna has an eating disorder. She likes a good sucker punch.

I didn't over look it! She definitely was implying Lisa R might have an eating disorder. Which for me, how? Her body is flipping incredible for 51! Had she would said this last year about Carlton I might had wondered. But Kim was just being nasty, provoking and a pitbull.

• Love 6

I've been on all of those drugs and have never acted like Kim nor has anyone else I've ever known who takes them regularly.  Her reactions to meds certainly mixes with her normal brain chemistry and wretched personality and that's what everyone sees.  I'd be really shocked if she's only been taking the average prescribed dosages of any of those meds.  I think, just like side-effects, withdrawal is highly dependent on the person.  I think for someone who has addiction issues, taking any medication can be risky.  There's becoming physiologically dependent and/or psychologically dependent, which I think the latter can often pose the biggest risk insofar that it makes the person need the drug to sustain the way the drug makes them feel.  When I detox from Ativan, for instance, I'm only doing so for the physiological dependence.  But it doesn't change my overall personality much -- I don't sleep and I'm very anxious, but not vindictive or mean.  I think what we see with Kim is her personality filtered through the drugs, not completely altered by them. 

Add to that the fact that I doubt she's takes them as prescribed to get so whacked out of her skull.  

I used benzos short-term and had no withdrawal problems at all, but long-term users can suffer seizures, etc. Hell, I've reviewed documents on patients who were downright suicidal withdrawing from benzos. I'm glad you never suffered any of those ill effects, SwordQueen.  Maybe some of us just have more fortitude than others.  

I think her behavior on poker night could very well have been from a combination of benzos and opiates ("a" pain pill).  

I still have suspicions her hospital stay might have had at least an element of detox involved, whether from benzos or opiates or whatever else she may be ingesting.

No proof of that, of course, just a suspicion from everything we know from the show and what Kim herself has said were her "injuries.".  

• Love 7
(edited)

Most "side effects" disappear or greatly lessen after 3 months and Kim has been on these meds for years now. I think Kim is taking far more of her meds than she is supposed to, as well as taking Monty's pain meds (pills/patch) and she is doing it to get the same high as she did before rehab 3 years ago. She claims sobriety because she will not openly admit to drug addiction, only to alcoholism.

Yes, it can take time and a lot of different combinations of medications to find what works.  Medications can also lose effectiveness over time and need to be changed.   If I had even a shred of faith in Kim or had seen with my own eyeballs that she wasn't back to her addict ways again, then I might feel charitable enough to say that perhaps some of her behavior could be attributed to either Doctor-approved withdrawal or the side-effects of trying out different med cocktails.  But I don't and I haven't, so I won't.  lol 

Persnickety1 -- Oh, I've dealt with those feelings and a lot of crap not only when going through a withdrawal but also from the initial side-effect stage.  I've been on and off Ativan for almost 15 years and I usually take myself off every now and again just to clear my system of it.  But I'm a poor example of someone addicted (psychologically) because I don't really go up in dosage, I take them when I need them, not all of the time, and I voluntarily take myself off.  But like you were saying, the withdrawal can be hell.  I don't sleep for days or even over a week's time when I do. 

The red-flags for me with Kim is in her drug-seeking behavior (bathroom trips, crawling on the floor for pills, etc) and her mood swings when she is medicating.  I have no idea what she is taking but she, like Brandi with alcohol, seem to feel like they need those substances to cope with life, at all, even above other methods like therapy, programs, etc. and they are very defensive about that.  Other posters have said before that Kim's anger and defensiveness in speaking about her addictions could be indicative of non-sobriety.  I don't know, but it does seem strange because last season she seemed more open and honest about it, like she didn't have anything to hide.  This season, however, she's trying to cover up a lot of things. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 9

Wondering if Kim's doctors, after seeing or reading about RHOBH and the topic of addiction...have relooked at her perscriptions? Especially in light of her taking drugs perscribed to someone else?

• Love 1

I on the other hand could have watched LisaR pick up Kim and throw her through the plate glassed window and been giddy with joy at seeing it.  Better still, I could watch LisaR pick up Kim, throw her through the plate glass window, hitting Brandi in the head in the process and would be screaming with excitement while watching it.  I'm no hypocrite.  I like seeing horrible, hateful despicable people getting their ass beat.  :-)

*sits next to swankie*  

• Love 17

This is what got Brandi so upset. She was happy to out Kyle as a hypocrite, but then when she heard Kyle explain how she didn't want her kids to know she sometimes smoked because she wanted to be a responsible parent, Brandi took it as an insult to her own parenting. She hadn't even considered keeping her smoking private for her kids sake. Then she started brooding about how Kyle painted her as a bad parent, and hey even insulted her!! So she had a stupid little breakdown in the street. She's insecure (I personally think she sees herself as a bad parent, which is her darkest secret).

Sorry if this was already put out there...I can't catch up on all these posts!

I agree with all your post, except what I highlighted...I don't think that Brandi thinks of herself as a bad mother, but I do think that she thinks of herself as "not as good" as the other ladies - in ALL parts of life including motherhood, and that is why she has those insecurity meltdowns.  I also think that her insecurities come from a place a jealousy, always....

• Love 3

If that's true, Kyle either didn't get or intentionally ignored the fact that I was making fun of her. Does anyone think she blamed it on her cape because it was so damn ugly?

She has a sense of humor. She did run. It was funny. And the picture is flattering.

• Love 12
(edited)

Didn't Kyle act the same way when Brandi dropped the "meth" comment?  I think Kyle likes to play the naive, sheltered housewife who knows nothing of the so-called darker or seamier side of life.  I think that is how Kyle deals with things she doesn't want to deal with - she likes to pretend she knows nothing about them and maybe they won't darken her door....

ETA:  I just realized that this may be the same way that Kyle "deals" with Kim's addiction problems...if she doesn't address them or pretends they don't exist or she doesn't know anything about them, then they can't hurt her or her family.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

I think Kim's never more clear-headed than when giving a pre-planned speech about how the other person was wrong to question her sobriety. She knows how to get into character for that one.

Or maybe Kim had said she was coming and was expected and decided not to go after the blow up. If Kim had said straight off she wasn't going to a place with pot nobody would have been expecting her.

That is what I thought at the time. I assume they all talked earlier about who was/was not going, and I also assume there was talk about who might partake. Maybe Kim had said she was thinking about going earlier and then decided not to. 

• Love 4

Ok.  I think we've gone over everything.  But...I don't know about anyone else but it bugs the heck out of me when anyone tries to talk to Kim about her so called sobriety, she does this head cast down to one side and makes a facial expression like a wounded deer.  It makes me want to scream something at her.  I don't know what because there are so many choices.

Brandi's blog is a very good example of someone fighting a losing battle.  And now that's she's trying to peddle a future 'cook' book, she's always cooking....according to her.

• Love 6
One of the nastier little moments that's getting overlooked is when Kim tells Lisa R. to have a piece of bread so she can calm down.  I think that at this point we hear Eileen say off to the side "What a a nasty, evil person you are, Kim" or some such.

Eileen immediately says to Kim, "Shame on you. You're disgusting." So it seemed like she was keyed into that and Kim was definitely going there with the eating disorder. That's why Lisa R's joke about never passing up a slice of cake was cringe-worthy to me in a "she doth protest too much" way.

There's been a lot of disordered eating on display this season. The cleanse, the milkshake trauma, the cake ... I think they all resisted the space cakes just because of the word "cake." And I got the impression Yolanda didn't eat the cake at her mother's house either!

Question: Brandi said the cleanse was over and yet she didn't partake at the coffee shop. She said in the TH that it was because she needed to keep her game face on, but that's certainly never stopped her before. What do you think was her real reason?

• Love 5

In my little world of straightened circumstances and still no ability to buy grass legally and so be able to enjoy it in peace, all of those gals behaved like ninnies at the pot cafe! What a great opportunity to have some fun, cut the crap and stop the sniping.  Eileen had the best quip when she said she wasn't going to but was weak and gave in to the peer pressure!  I can understand why Brandi got irritated, I guess, but should've dropped her ridiculous complaints and just gone for it. Why she thinks she needs to be the hypocrisy police, I dunno.  Where would we be without our hypocrisies?

I would've gone for a good smoke and would've proceeded to flirt my ass off with Leo, married or not married. 

And, swankie and noire, I'm right with you.  After a certain point, that point of no return, it's all Black Sails with me.  Don't start none, won't be none.  Kim was absolutely spoiling for a beat down.

• Love 3
(edited)

missy jo -- "What do you think was her real reason?" re not getting stoned.  I don't know if she's still in any kind of custody dispute with Eddie over those children. Or under orders to keep herself together.  They're filming in Amsterdam but being judged in the States and she's got enough troubles.  I thought she was a total pill about the whole thing and acted like a super brat on the street but, for once, managed to take the wiser action.

I think it's tricky for them going to a great place like that on camera and behaving normally.  I can see why all of them would have reasons to feel uncomfortable eating hash or smoking whatever while being filmed.  As it was, it was a waste -- Might've been more fun to see them doing something else.  They were all ill at ease and the comments, by and large, were super lame.  You can really, really see sometimes that they're not really a cohesive group of true friends -- this was one of those times. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

Didn't Kyle act the same way when Brandi dropped the "meth" comment?  I think Kyle likes to play the naive, sheltered housewife who knows nothing of the so-called darker or seamier side of life.  I think that is how Kyle deals with things she doesn't want to deal with - she likes to pretend she knows nothing about them and maybe they won't darken her door....

All of the talk about this is interesting to me.  I kind of get the impression from Kyle that much of her feigned ignorance and innocence is merely a shield to protect herself from the reality of the world she grew up in.  I'm sure that not only was she surrounded by abusive people and fighting, but sex and drugs in spades.  She's worked hard to have the life she does, with a respectable husband, happy and healthy kids, and a great social circle -- she might be trying to project an image of a more functional, less-exposed-to-seedy-things, society women.  All-in-all, that doesn't make me think less of her for that -- we all have our ways of coping and trying to detach ourselves from the past, but being on this show, with her addict sister, no less, kind of spoils the image.  Much of her family history isn't a huge secret and her sister's problems have been known for years and is now featured prominently on TV. 

The jig is up, Kyle. 

But again, I feel for her there.  Who wouldn't want disassociate from a family like that?  lol   Another reason I think Kyle struggles with Kim.  Kim is a link back to her past and no matter how much she loves Kim, I'm sure it's exhausting to keep being brought back into childhood in order to have a relationship with her sister, who can't seem to leave the past behind.      

• Love 14
(edited)

Yes, it can take time and a lot of different combinations of medications to find what works.  Medications can also lose effectiveness over time and need to be changed.   If I had even a shred of faith in Kim or had seen with my own eyeballs that she wasn't back to her addict ways again, then I might feel charitable enough to say that perhaps some of her behavior could be attributed to either Doctor-approved withdrawal or the side-effects of trying out different med cocktails.  But I don't and I haven't, so I won't.  lol 

Persnickety1 -- Oh, I've dealt with those feelings and a lot of crap not only when going through a withdrawal but also from the initial side-effect stage.  I've been on and off Ativan for almost 15 years and I usually take myself off every now and again just to clear my system of it.  But I'm a poor example of someone addicted (psychologically) because I don't really go up in dosage, I take them when I need them, not all of the time, and I voluntarily take myself off.  But like you were saying, the withdrawal can be hell.  I don't sleep for days or even over a week's time when I do. 

The red-flags for me with Kim is in her drug-seeking behavior (bathroom trips, crawling on the floor for pills, etc) and her mood swings when she is medicating.  I have no idea what she is taking but she, like Brandi with alcohol, seem to feel like they need those substances to cope with life, at all, even above other methods like therapy, programs, etc. and they are very defensive about that.  Other posters have said before that Kim's anger and defensiveness in speaking about her addictions could be indicative of non-sobriety.  I don't know, but it does seem strange because last season she seemed more open and honest about it, like she didn't have anything to hide.  This season, however, she's trying to cover up a lot of things. 

Okay, I'm just going to be full-blown bitch and say this.

During that scene of Kim crawling around on the bathroom floor the night of the SUR party, desperately searching for something she dropped?

My first thought was Brandi hit the nail on the head with the meth comment....That Kim was down there looking for her last little rock of crack to smoke.  

Added to her comment discussed earlier to Kyle in the bathroom at Dana's game night about not sleeping for 7 nights.  

I also thought it might have explained why Ken told her to NOT put it in her purse when she found whatever it was.  Who would care if she had a prescribed pill in her purse?  A crack rock...Not so much.

I seem to recall way back on the TWOP forum someone pointed out Kim's hands during one of her scenes with Kyle in a boutique and said the condition and stains on them looked like a meth user's hands.

Tying that scenario to the current episode, who knows what Kim might be on these days or what type of pain medication she took before Poker Night but, back in the bathroom-floor-scavenger-hunt day, I honestly did consider that Brandi had perhaps hit the nail on the head with the crack comment.  

In retrospect, however, I look at all the other ugly false allegations and innuendos Brandi throws around, and I realize it probably was not the case at all.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13

missy jo -- "What do you think was her real reason?" re not getting stoned.  I don't know if she's still in any kind of custody dispute with Eddie over those children. Or under orders to keep herself together.  They're filming in Amsterdam but being judged in the States and she's got enough troubles.  I thought she was a total pill about the whole thing and acted like a super brat on the street but, for once, managed to take the wiser action.

I think it's tricky for them going to a great place like that on camera and behaving normally.  I can see why all of them would have reasons to feel uncomfortable eating hash or smoking whatever while being filmed.  As it was, it was a waste -- Might've been more fun to see them doing something else.  They were all ill at ease and the comments, by and large, were super lame.  You can really, really see sometimes that they're not really a cohesive group of true friends -- this was one of those times.

It seems most like to talk the talk, but not walk the walk....especially on TV. It was a big waste of the audiences time, unless this was a set up to have Brandi out Kyle for smoking pot at home. The production line man probably got it out of Brandi or Kim and they wanted it on the record that Kyle partook in an illegal substance back at home. Stupid, but I can see why Bravo may have wanted to go there.

• Love 4