Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

The next day she just walked into Lisa's room and stuck by everything. Again she made eye contact, didn't take any blame for anything that went down, calmly told Lisa why she was wrong, and smugly accepted Lisa's apology.

The Kim that has always been described as a kind of broken bird was nowhere in sight. The Kim we saw did not seem the least bit weary of confrontation. In fact she seemed quite pleased. 

I agree. It was so noticeable when she came to LisaR's door. In Lisa's room, Kim was all business. It was like a an actress who is professionally flakey then goes to a meeting with her agent and is assertively business-like. 

• Love 9

Eileen's "How dare you?" was so brilliant, so beautifully delivered, that I've rewatched it several times in an attempt to master it. She's cool, but disgusted. It's just a thing of enormous beauty. I haven't come close yet, but I will master it, oh yes I will.

In all the madness, I forgot this, so thank you, lol.

It was soapy perfection. I loved it.

• Love 12
(edited)

YES.  What they actually want is what actually happened - a FIGHT, a scene of Outrage, a HowDareYou, Beast-calling.

Lisa is out of her mind if she thinks that her call for an intervention seemed sincere. I'll give her "stupid" but that's it.  Intervention?! Bitch, pleez, people actually go to school for that, they actually do un-filmed labour.

What I liked about the meeting in the hotel room between Lisar and Kim is that Lisar admitted that she might have gone about it all wrong. She said that she didn't really know how to handle it. She apologized for not coming directly to Kim. This just doesn't happen that much on this or any of these shows. Kim might have felt attacked, but Lisar felt attacked as well, yet she was the only one who acknowledged that she might have been wrong. This is a big deal and further illustrates why Lisar is a far better human being than Kim Richards is. 

And because it cannot be said enough, regardless of whether or not Lisar was doing the right thing in the right way, she said nothing to further "out" Kim. All of her conversation had to do with things that she had witnessed first hand. Things that we all saw with our own eyes. The only person at this point that has revealed anything deeper regarding Kim is Brandi. This is why the reunion will be so interesting. If Kim's issues really are deep rooted concerns about how her kids would feel about her relapsing, I would certainly think her anger would fall at Brandi's feet. She is the one who made this all sound so much more dire and might have revealed things that her children might not have known otherwise. They knew all about the stuff that Lisar was saying because it was on camera. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 18
(edited)

Didn't Kyle act the same way when Brandi dropped the "meth" comment? I think Kyle likes to play the naive, sheltered housewife who knows nothing of the so-called darker or seamier side of life. I think that is how Kyle deals with things she doesn't want to deal with - she likes to pretend she knows nothing about them and maybe they won't darken her door....

ETA: I just realized that this may be the same way that Kyle "deals" with Kim's addiction problems...if she doesn't address them or pretends they don't exist or she doesn't know anything about them, then they can't hurt her or her family.

Yep! "What's meth, is that like the cocaine? Angel dust?" Said sometime shortly after:

wBKhhjM.jpg

I think this is the kind of defense Kim wants all the time. Interesting that Kyle didn't get "anxiety" here.

FWIW Kim wasn't sober that season and went to rehab and I want to clarify I don't mean that picture as a condemnation or a means to laugh at her in one of the lowest moments of her illness. I did however want to trot out the famous Richards sister synchronized finger point!

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11

You know what I find funny? Kyle was going to let Lisar beat her sister up- she ran. Bwaaaaaahh!

See this is actually a good point. So Kim is indefensible because she gets nasty and stuff but when Kyle was getting all up in Brandi's face escalating a situation that didn't need to be escalated, but hey why not (there's those shits and giggles again) Kyle was all pissed off that Kim wasn't defending her but Lisa R physically goes after her and.... crickets....  Kyle can be defended cause supposedly Kyles right and Kim can't be because Kim has it coming. I mean right or wrong Kyle had it coming too with her need to escalate shit with Brandi. I don't think anyone should expect defending if they are the one's to initiate some wacked out confrontation and at Kyle's event Kyle initiated that argument. And honestly Lisa R initiated the stupidness at that table by making a bad decision to bring it up in such a setting. Now I'm all about someone trying to steer the conversation away or people away from a confrontation but this whole jump in to start confronting people on behalf of someone needs to stop coming from the Richards cause it just ain't gonna happen.

• Love 7

I don't care if Kim did go right to Kyle to explain her moronic decision to bring Brandi to Kyle's party.  The fact remains that Kyle explicitly did not invite Brandi, hoping for a fun event without Brandi ruining it.  First of all, Kim had absolutely NO RIGHT to bring Brandi without a heads up to Kyle before hand, and thinking she was going to facilitate a truce between Kyle and Brandi at a party that her sister was hosting was a stupid, stupid move.  She WAS provoking because guests don't get to invite others without discussing it with the host first.  Then to sit there looking spaced out when Brandi made the insulting remark about Mauricio and not saying anything just showed how little Kim cares about Kyle.  Since Kyle and Kim went four months not seeing each other before the reunion, I hope Kyle enjoyed not having to deal with the mess that is Kim, and that she keeps her distance for an even longer time in the future. 

And all that had nothing to do with Kim's lack of sobriety and yet this incident is connected to the reasons why the women just HAVE to get to the bottom of Kim's "issues".

• Love 4

I'll be honest -- the past few weeks I've been almost convinced Brandi was posting here.

I have to. I don't think that's really all that "out there". Way back  George and  Lori from OC caused a lot of problems on TwoP and Brandi is probably the craziest HW of any franchise.

• Love 12

At this point BRAVO might as well fly all the HoWives out to a cow pasture so they could literally fling shit at one another.

God help me, I would watch that too...........

• Love 16

wBKhhjM.jpg

I know it's been mentioned before, but it just bears repeating:

I WOULD LOOOOVE to see these 2 attempt to point those bony fingers at any of the RHOA cast members.  They'd learn a lesson in a hurry.

It's a very threatening posture and they really should be careful who they point fingers at.

• Love 12

I know it's been mentioned before, but it just bears repeating:

I WOULD LOOOOVE to see these 2 attempt to point those bony fingers at any of the RHOA cast members.  They'd learn a lesson in a hurry.

It's a very threatening posture and they really should be careful who they point fingers at.

LOL, right? They'd get pushed off the railing of the Kandi factory into a vat of boiling dildo rubber.

• Love 14

He said, she said. I think Kim has odd behavior in general sober or drunk which is why I won't assume anything aside from what was confirmed at poker night and regardless Poker night was the only time where she initiated the awkwardness and aggressiveness. After that all the other women were the one's escalating an already sensitive subject. Stupidly so.

Not really, they did discuss it among themselves, LisaR and Eileen, but they only talked about what they witnessed first hand, until Brandi started her shit stirring that is! 

That is until Brandi threw Kim under the but to LisaR. It was Brandi that made it urgent because Kim was suicidal, using a "patch" for hernia pain and "worse than anyone knows", so blame Brandi for this, Not LisaR, Eileen, Kyle, LisaV or even Yolanda. Yolanda only brought up Bella's DUI because Brandi told her all the others were saying Bella had a drinking problem, which Brandi only said to once again get someone from confronting her face to face about her bad behavior. Brandi has used both Kim and Bella to distract LisaR/Yolanda from having a talk with Brandi about Brandi and started all this nasty fighting and addiction talk!

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm taking back all I said about Kyle being beautiful.  She's ugly where it matters so anything on the outside is just putting perfume on a pig.

After reading most of the past 17 pages, I'm thinking this epi isn't worth it if it enrages viewers so much that we want to throw Kim through windows or cut off her digits. Commentors, not in this forum, think she should die for her sins. So funny but not funny. But I guess I'm going to have to actually watch this shit storm because you've all got me intrigued about the sit down between Kim and Lisa and Space cakes and Yolanda's brother.

ETA: Oh MightyPeanut, that was mighty, mighty funny.  Even though there's not a violent bone in my body, the image of this is so funny to me.  I needed that laugh at this exact minute.

LOL, right? They'd get pushed off the railing of the Kandi factory into a vat of boiling dildo rubber.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 10
(edited)

What I liked about the meeting in the hotel room between Lisar and Kim is that Lisar admitted that she might have gone about it all wrong. She said that she didn't really know how to handle it. She apologized for not coming directly to Kim. This just doesn't happen that much on this or any of these shows. Kim might have felt attacked, but Lisar felt attacked as well, yet she was the only one who acknowledged that she might have been wrong. This is a big deal and further illustrates why Lisar is a far better human being than Kim Richards is. 

And because it cannot be said enough, regardless of whether or not Lisar was doing the right thing in the right way, she said nothing to further "out" Kim. All of her conversation had to do with things that she had witnessed first hand. Things that we all saw with our own eyes. The only person at this point that has revealed anything deeper regarding Kim is Brandi. This is why the reunion will be so interesting. If Kim's issues really are deep rooted concerns about how her kids would feel about her relapsing, I would certainly think her anger would fall at Brandi's feet. She is the one who made this all sound so much more dire and might have revealed things that her children might not have known otherwise. They knew all about the stuff that Lisar was saying because it was on camera. 

I think that Rinna has been more direct with Kim about her problems than anyone else on camera.  To my view, she has been direct with her on at least two occasions.  One that Kim may not remember because she was so messed up -- She flat out asked her to her face if she had been drinking or using drugs!  That takes a fair amount of chutzpah.  She could've pretended not to see and run around the party badmouthing her behind her back.  She straight up asked her for all to see -- and endured the carriage ride with a fair amount of grace and compassion.  I hear that seat kicking was involved?  

She was also totally upfront with her at a later date in addressing the issue and was met with blah blah blah for a response.  If Kim didn't know full well by this point that folks were chattering about her falling off the wagon, that's on her and her general lack of ...  fill in blank.  Lack of smarts for sure. 

I gather that Rinna didn't point this out to Kim plainly during the Amsterdam hotel room apology scene because she knows it's hopeless and just wants her real involvement to be over -- or she feels she did her job by the producers -- or both -- or who knows? In real life, I certainly would have reminded her of these two instances.  

I agree with your post.  It's going to be fascinating to see how Kim reacts to the Brandi smack talking about her reveal.  If she bothers to watch the season and pays attention.  In the end, I never get the sense that Kim truly cares who does what to her or why -- She'll make use of that person as long as she needs to to further her own agenda and then moves on.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 12

Saying that Kim was "calm" at the start of her rant against LisaR is like saying yea, she went from 1 to 10 in a flash, but let's just talk about when she was at 1!

And I love how Kim went to Kyle's gay mixer and didn't even know what day it was. Then she (and Brandi) brought Kyle to tears. You don't have to be a coked-out raving lunatic to be a menace or embarrassment to your group of friends. Or to behave in a way that gets everyone talking. Kim proves that time after time.

Because the point I was making was that Kim was that table like all the other ladies behaving just fine and there this thing with the women that they NEED to address XYZ because they need to keep these ugly brush ups from continuing but aside from poker night had everyone just went on about their business their wouldn't have been any dust ups caused by Kim stumbling to the bathroom 10x's or slurring about acting out a scene in a limo. Just saying. The momentum of that one pill has traveled through the season under of the guise of these women pretending that they've been subjected to some unmanageable coworker over and over again. Not that Kim's a saint but that her "addict behavior" is so out of control that they need to address it because she's causing disharmony within the group and the only time I saw her inebriated behavior reach a level of disruption for everyone else was poker night. All other times whether she WAS drunk or high she didn't act in a way or physically initiate any of the other incidents.

• Love 4

YES.  What they actually want is what actually happened - a FIGHT, a scene of Outrage, a HowDareYou, Beast-calling.

Lisa is out of her mind if she thinks that her call for an intervention seemed sincere. I'll give her "stupid" but that's it.  Intervention?! Bitch, pleez, people actually go to school for that, they actually do un-filmed labour.

LisaR was against the idea of an "intervention", it was Brandi that talked her into doing/saying something to Kim because Kim was suicidal, worse than anyone knows and using a "patch" for hernia pain. Blame the one that got this whole ball of addiction wax going........Brandi!

And all that had nothing to do with Kim's lack of sobriety and yet this incident is connected to the reasons why the women just HAVE to get to the bottom of Kim's "issues".

Actually it does, even though it was said that Kim is an addict by LisaR, she also questioned why Brandi was/is so nasty defensive all the time to most of them. It was after the mixer that LisaR and Brandi had lunch and Brandi THREW Kim under the bus to deflect Lisa from her drinking/anger problems. So had Brandi not raised the alarm about Kim from orange to a 5 alarm RED, this fight in Amsterdam most likely would not have happened. Brandi did the same damn thing to Yolanda as well, she threw Bella under the bus to deflect.

• Love 15

Wait, Kyle can't have her own friends and Kyle can't want to be on the show because Kim is not in that "clique" because she is an on/off again addict and Kyle must drop everything she enjoys/wants because....Kim needs 24/7 devotion? LOL

No, she can do all those things but then that makes her a not so good option for Kim in her ongoing recovery, relapse battles. Kyle treats it all like Sophies Choice and Kyle's hysterics over it all doesn't bring anything positive and asshole or not someone in Kim's position doesn't need to keep wasting energy and focus on whether or not she's disappointing or embarrassing her sister even in a sober state.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't care.  Whatever Harry may or may not be doing with consenting adults makes no difference to me. He is, IMO, an underappreciated, but very talented,  actor and I hope he at least makes some appearances in the last half of the last season of Mad Men coming to my screen in 4 weeks and 3 days. 

Kim is an evil, manipulative self centered childish addict that has spent whatever good will she might have carried over from her childhood "stardom" and become one of the most hated women on television.

Either way, Harry wins.

A really nasty maneuver on Kim's part and one that is sure to backfire.  My worry for Harry would be about casting agents going, "Harry Hamlin?  The guy on Real Housewives?"  NOOOOO!  That would be a killer for him right there.  But he has a body of work that speaks for itself.  Kim is mightily envious of anyone still working for real -- and even more envious of those able to secure any kind of successful comeback.  

I'm also hoping that Rinna's new tolerance for this stupid, vain woman is a pure act.  I would NEVER forget the Harry comments had I two young daughters -- or young sons.  She can lose me with her tit for tat nonsense.  Totally out of line and, yeah, count me among those who would love to see her pull this kind of crap in either Atlanta or New Jersey!  RH of NYC would also have given her a real run for her money pulling that nonsense.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 8

I think that Rinna has been more direct with Kim about her problems than anyone else on camera.  To my view, she has been direct with her on at least two occasions.  One that Kim may not remember because she was so messed up -- She flat out asked her to her face if she had been drinking or using drugs!  That takes a fair amount of chutzpah.  She could've pretended not to see and run around the party badmouthing her behind her back.  She straight up asked her for all to see -- and endured the carriage ride with a fair amount of grace and compassion.  I hear that seat kicking was involved?  

She was also totally upfront with her at a later date in addressing the issue and was met with blah blah blah for a response.  If Kim didn't know full well by this point that folks were chattering about her falling off the wagon, that's on her and her general lack of ...  fill in blank.  Lack of smarts for sure. 

I gather that Rinna didn't point this out to Kim plainly during the Amsterdam hotel room apology scene because she knows it's hopeless and just wants her real involvement to be over -- or she feels she did her job by the producers -- or both -- or who knows? In real life, I certainly would have reminded her of these two instances.  

I agree with your post.  It's going to be fascinating to see how Kim reacts to the Brandi smack talking about her reveal.  If she bothers to watch the season and pays attention.  In the end, I never get the sense that Kim truly cares who does what to her or why -- She'll make use of that person as long as she needs to to further her own agenda and then moves on.  

This explains for me why I'm irritated by LisaR. I really like her, but not for her role in this Kim situation. Because to me, it's none of her business. She hasn't been in Kim's life for any length of time to allow Kim to know and trust her. LisaR may be well intentioned but Kim doesn't know who or what she's about and until Kim trusts her, doing what LisaR did was way out of line. Just my opinion, no judgment on anyone reading it different. I'm just trying to explain why it bothers me so much. Your post helped me figure this out in my own head. 

• Love 9

I hear this.  And the apology was refreshing if only, as you say, because it was an apology, and an apology that didn't feel coerced after ten more episodes, a reunion and an image cleansing.  

But the apology is part of the drama structure with which all these ladies and their audience are familiar.  The apology, albeit a better model, is the finale of the "inappropriate outburst.'

Look, I know it sounds cynical or a bit crazy to assume that Lisa's intentions are overly scripted or violently reckless.  I actually don't thing Rinna is that deliberate or that cruel.  I think she kind of operates "aloud," forever narrating her mistakes, the subsequent "I'm so-very sorry"s. It's why she is made for this game; she accounts for that final emotional stroke, which makes her likeable.  But this same ability makes her watchable.

so not for a second do I believe that Rinna innocently did a genuine thing on an insincere platform. She said it herself; she's a "hustler."  Nonetheless, I don't think that her plans for intervention were calculated or "evil."  But I do think her reality-TV radars operate at all times.  They have to. It's how you get hired, how you don't disappear.  She can even claim she is only trying to "survive."  She even does claim this. It's how the show introduced her over a four or five episode duration.  So even the show knows but doesn't know.

Nobody's innocent here but they (minus Kim) aren't that notably guilty either.

• Love 12

I think that Rinna has been more direct with Kim about her problems than anyone else on camera. To my view, she has been direct with her on at least two occasions. One that Kim may not remember because she was so messed up -- She flat out asked her to her face if she had been drinking or using drugs! That takes a fair amount of chutzpah. She could've pretended not to see and run around the party badmouthing her behind her back. She straight up asked her for all to see -- and endured the carriage ride with a fair amount of grace and compassion. I hear that seat kicking was involved?

She was also totally upfront with her at a later date in addressing the issue and was met with blah blah blah for a response. If Kim didn't know full well by this point that folks were chattering about her falling off the wagon, that's on her and her general lack of ... fill in blank. Lack of smarts for sure.

I agree with your post. It's going to be fascinating to see how Kim reacts to the Brandi smack talking about her reveal. If she bothers to watch the season and pays attention. In the end, I never get the sense that Kim truly cares who does what to her or why -- She'll make use of that person as long as she needs to to further her own agenda and then moves on.

This, I believe, illustrates her resolve to be done with the matter; skip your self-defense, you're talking to a wall. She had reached this resolve and was in the process of relaying to Kim that she was "done," when Kim went off.

Copa, sorry, can't quote twice on my phone, but as to your last, persuasive. Still, Kim is defensive to an unnecessary degree and that makes people wary. Ever see the movie, "Rachel Getting Married"? It's like that for Kim, I'm sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

YES. What they actually want is what actually happened - a FIGHT, a scene of Outrage, a HowDareYou, Beast-calling.

Lisa is out of her mind if she thinks that her call for an intervention seemed sincere. I'll give her "stupid" but that's it. Intervention?! Bitch, pleez, people actually go to school for that, they actually do un-filmed labour.

Yes! Interventions in and of themselves are controversial but if you're going to have one you need an experienced intervention therapist. Candy Finnigan was my favorite from the show Intervention. I liked her because she would call out the families of the addict if the tone of the meeting became that so and so is too much of a fuck up to live, or reel in the Jesus freaks. Sometimes all the addict had to hear was that their family loved them after all and they'd be off to rehab. Other times (KEN) you'd get a runner. And Jeff "Love You Like Crazy" Vanvonderen would point out signs of esophageal or other substance-related ailments. But Kim is clearly someone who won't take help in the form of a televised intervention. She has massive concerns about privacy and despite the fact that she was publicly intoxicated in the limo she's clearly set on not being called out on TV...again. It's crystal clear. That's why I feel Lisa R is being disingenuous about coming from such a sincere place. Come from that same place one on one, in private, no cameras. Helping Kim, if she chooses to try, cannot be successful if it's about Lisa's need for Kim to be held accountable -- it needs to be about Kim's health. What is Lisa R's storyline this year without Kim's addiction?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

CTO -- I think with Kim what is so shocking to those who have to actually witness it in the flesh is the level of intoxication and craziness on view.  That makes it hard for folks not to speak up and get involved.  When she goes off the rails, she's really goes for it to such an extent that folks probably feel OBLIGED to say something and intervene.  This can be done with an open hand or with malice. I don't think that Rinna acted maliciously -- I also don't think that she handled it all that poorly.  Kim's resistance and dishonesty are what has made all of this so upsetting and unpleasant.  Kim's got no game when it comes to covering her tracks if that's her intention -- She does it very badly and that just adds to the layers of concern and exasperation.  

It's one thing to pretend you don't notice that X is high at a party when they "shouldn't" be.  It's another thing when that high is something SO in everyone's face, so nutty, destructive, and hostile that you have to betray yourself to keep quiet. 

I would find it very difficult indeed to work with a person who displays the over the top nuttiness and levels of inebriation that Kim does when she's in full relapse mode.  I'd question my integrity, for one, and that's never much fun -- and, beyond a certain point, I'd be worried for my own safety.   She's not just flying high -- She's higher than a kite and crazy. 

Privacy is one thing but Kim doesn't seem to understand where she ends and other folks begin.  Her right to privacy in the matter doesn't trump everyone else's right to not feel awful and confused and worried when they are forced to be around her.  It all gets back to the same knot -- If her desire is have her private life and do as she pleases, why be on this show?  Trying to have it both ways isn't working for anyone.  I know I'm going to finish the season because it's impossible for me to stop now but, if she's back next year, I'm going to think long and hard about tuning into next season at all.  

Aside from that, Cheers! And thanks for being nice. 

• Love 11
(edited)

LisaR was against the idea of an "intervention", it was Brandi that talked her into doing/saying something to Kim because Kim was suicidal, worse than anyone knows and using a "patch" for hernia pain. Blame the one that got this whole ball of addiction wax going........Brandi!

Actually it does, even though it was said that Kim is an addict by LisaR, she also questioned why Brandi was/is so nasty defensive all the time to most of them. It was after the mixer that LisaR and Brandi had lunch and Brandi THREW Kim under the bus to deflect Lisa from her drinking/anger problems. So had Brandi not raised the alarm about Kim from orange to a 5 alarm RED, this fight in Amsterdam most likely would not have happened. Brandi did the same damn thing to Yolanda as well, she threw Bella under the bus to deflect.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with Brandi.  I think it's true that she is constantly fuelling fires.  I remember the scene you are talking about and I even remember smirking while watching it.

Maybe I am still holding out out hope that Brandi redeems herself by out-growing these fools.  Despite some of her shittiest moves, she still strikes me as the most aware, the most genuine, if the most cruel. I know I am part of a small crowd, here.

But I feel like Brandi, no matter the reality of her responsibility and her asshole behaviour, is exactly what this show deserves.

I understand that this is a cynical position.  I don't think any of these women are going to be okay. I think they are shit-shows with just enough money and camera time to buttress their last disaster.  Every time Yolanda tells the girls (the audience, her brain) that Bella got a DUI (and yes I know Brandi said it, too - different point), I want to punch my screen.  When Kyle ignorantly pretends she's an awesome mom for shielding her kid from anti-social behaviour ON SOCIAL MEDIA, I die a little more inside. And Kim? Well, we already spent weeks of our lives untangling that matter of her responsibility, Her Sobriety - far more than she.

There seems to be this subtract-Brandi factor, a paradise before and without nagging STD Brandi, and I think that is a fantasy that the show and its response generates.  Because to me, the only thing that this show needs to do, minute after minute, is not leave the audience alone for the four quiet seconds it would take for me to be reminded that the only REAL thing featured on this show does is My Investment, again and again.

These women are rubbish.

MORE PLEASE!

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 6

A really nasty maneuver on Kim's part and one that is sure to backfire.  My worry for Harry would be about casting agents going, "Harry Hamlin?  The guy on Real Housewives?"  NOOOOO!  

I agree with this.  Just by showing up to film tells me that none of them really care about what it's going to do to them long term.  

In the short run there may be some wins but long term?  The price your kids, your marriage, your career, your integrity pays doesn't seem worth it.  But they do it anyway.  And they'll all get their turn to look ugly.  Deserved or otherwise.

Kim bringing up Harry was wrong. It seems that everyone talking about what's wrong with the other is what this show has become.  I think I'd rather watch them sling poo at each other in a cow pasture.  It would be funnier and more dignified.

• Love 9
(edited)

Kim won't watch the episodes or the footage.  She has yet to comment on them, blogs around the scenes where Brandi disparages her.  If Brandi calls her a burden-Kim pulls  a host of good friends out of thin air to say she has other longtime BFFs, not Kyle but others.  It is like Yolanda and her brain fog, Kim just claims it doesn't apply. So unless one of her children, Monty or Kathy Hilton makes Kim pay attention and digest Brandi's transgressions.  It is the stubborn, grudge holding Kim that seems to pretty immovable in her impression of Brandi.  I don't think Eileen or Lisar will truly forgive her unless it is to make Kyle's life easier.  Kim's kids will be there for her and they may also be telling their aunt they feel bad for her.

ETA if Kathy or one of her children attempts to show Kim the true Brandi there will be a great big croaky, whiney "why are you doing this to me?".  Kim will think anyone who tries to point out the reality is just trying to bust her balloon.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

One of my biggest problems with Kim - whether sober or not - is her complete lack of empathy for anyone else. If it didn't happen to Kim Richards, it didn't happen and she doesn't care. She had no emotion or sympathy for Lisar when she was telling the story of her sister, just like she had no sympathy for Eileen when she was talking about her sisters. It reminded me of that Ojai dinner with Brandi. Brandi was trying to apologize to her (again) and attempting to share some of her own struggles to show that she understood where Kim was coming from. She talked about the dark days after her divorce when she drank too much and took too many pills. Kim just looked at her with the same dead eyes that she flashed at Lisar and Eileen. This is so hard for me to comprehend. Stories like this from people - no matter my own anger or hurt - always get to me. For Kim, not so much. 

• Love 21

Have to wonder if the big surprise at the Reunion is that there was indeed an intervention with Kim, off camera, involving family, cast and crew, and addiction professionals. When Rinna has talked of intervention I never took it to mean that no one else would be involved -- or that it would be done on camera.  But OTT so I'll be quiet now.  Don't want to get into trouble or make any!

• Love 3

Kim won't watch the episodes or the footage.  She has yet to comment on them, blogs around the scenes where Brandi disparages her.  If Brandi calls her a burden-Kim pulls  a host of good friends out of thin air to say she has other longtime BFFs, not Kyle but others.  It is like Yolanda and her brain fog, Kim just claims it doesn't apply. So unless one of her children, Monty or Kathy Hilton makes Kim pay attention and digest Brandi's transgressions.  It is the stubborn, grudge holding Kim that seems to pretty immovable in her impression of Brandi.  I don't think Eileen or Lisar will truly forgive her unless it is to make Kyle's life easier.  Kim's kids will be there for her and they may also be telling their aunt they feel bad for her.

But I think she must have watched some of them. Brandi said in an interview that she did right before the reunion that Kim was mad at her because of some stuff that went down on a few of those episodes. 

I wonder what Kim's kids think of the way she talked to Kyle in this most recent episode? Kim acts like her whole issue with being shown as not sober has to do with how her kids would react. From everything I have ever read, Kyle is extremely close to Kim's children. I wonder if they were unhappy with watching her go after Kyle like she did, or maybe they have seen this all before? 

• Love 5

Ok.  I think we've gone over everything.  But...I don't know about anyone else but it bugs the heck out of me when anyone tries to talk to Kim about her so called sobriety, she does this head cast down to one side and makes a facial expression like a wounded deer.  It makes me want to scream something at her.  I don't know what because there are so many choices.

That is a very well-practiced look that Kim perfected during her childhood acting days....we've seen it countless times - I remember it well from her appearances on Little House (as the girl with one short leg) and Nanny and the Professor.

• Love 8

Eileen immediately says to Kim, "Shame on you. You're disgusting." So it seemed like she was keyed into that and Kim was definitely going there with the eating disorder. That's why Lisa R's joke about never passing up a slice of cake was cringe-worthy to me in a "she doth protest too much" way.

There's been a lot of disordered eating on display this season. The cleanse, the milkshake trauma, the cake ... I think they all resisted the space cakes just because of the word "cake." And I got the impression Yolanda didn't eat the cake at her mother's house either!

Question: Brandi said the cleanse was over and yet she didn't partake at the coffee shop. She said in the TH that it was because she needed to keep her game face on, but that's certainly never stopped her before. What do you think was her real reason?

I definitely got the sense that the "eat some bread" comment was a jab at Lisa and an eating disorder.  That much was obvious.  The fact that Eileen responded with "shame on you" tells me that Lisa probably shared something with the ladies.  Kim is gross. 

Hypocrite is the new bullied it seems.  These ladies (Brandi) throw that word out without really knowing what it means. 

• Love 8

This is spot on.  I'm convinced now more than ever that Kim totally gets off on this sort of thing--and loves to set the scene for this kind of encounter.  It's another one of her drugs of choice-- creating massive confusion and tension, fighting, release. Barracuda.  There's one moment where we see her sitting in the restaurant chair after the place has been cleared by most of the women and she's stroking her hair, looking triumphant -- like she just slayed in the gladiator ring. It's Kim's world.  Kyle gives me the blues and sometimes the willies but I simply cannot IMAGINE having Kim as my sister. 

Exactly - it's like Kim's (new) addiction is drama.

• Love 5

C'mon, people! You know Kim is high on LIFE, man! Look at the cute turtles!

I think whoever posted about Brandi posting here (or at least reading) is right. I've only heard the pearl clutching comment in this forum and Brandi says that a lot.

That is a very well-practiced look that Kim perfected during her childhood acting days....we've seen it countless times - I remember it well from her appearances on Little House (as the girl with one short leg) and Nanny and the Professor.

And on Revenge! Must go find episodes of Hello Larry to compare!

• Love 6

Yea, this about the parenting. Someone will have to correct me if I am wrong, but have any of these ladies ever hinted at issues with Brandi's parenting? I seem to remember Brandi getting all bent out of shape because Kyle and the others were surprised that she didn't correct her son when he took a piss on the lawn in the middle of a party, but has there been anything else? Has anyone directly linked Brandi's behavior to ideas that she isn't a successful parent? I know that other people have, that there has been a lot of chatter on social media about how her behavior might impact her kids, but never from the ho'wives. I have heard many of them talk about what  a wonderful and loving mother she is, including Yo, Lisa V, Kyle and Kim. 

Actually, there is only one person I can remember who has ever made a direct link between the way she acts and the way that she parents, and that is Yo. During the yoga episode when they were talking about her doing the 21 day detox, Yo said something about knowing that Brandi liked to drink too much because she wanted to check out a little bit. She went on to say that she felt like at this time in her life, when she had two young sons to care for, that she needed to drink less so that she could "take care of business at home". She said that in her TH so Brandi wouldn't have known about it until she saw the footage. I wonder what she thought about that? 

Adrienne Maloof called Brandi out on being not being a good mother (I think it was at Mauricio's company party, when Kim told her Brandi was talking about the surrogacy).  I remember Adrienne screaming something about Brandi not being a good mother, because she stayed in bed all day (or something like that), was drunk all the time, etc.  I think Brandi replied with her usual "I will fucking kill you" comment....

• Love 7

I don't think there was any attempted intervention for Kim (not a bad idea, but can't see it).   I just can't see Yolanda going along with that, and certainly LisaVP would want to keep far away from it.   I did like what Eileen said "So, we see things and are not supposed to have an opinion on it".   I'm guessing she and Lisa R never got the memo :   during filming Kim will be "off", but ignore it.  Brandi will be vulgar, and do anything for attention, ignore it or she will threaten to knock your teeth out.  welcome to the show. 

Brandi just looks so out of place.  I doubt she hangs out with Yolanda as much as she'd like people to think, so that leave hanging out with Kim - and you can imagine how fun that would be.   She can't compete - no matter how hard she tries.  She's basically broke, in comparison, lives in & drives rentals, is extremely uneducated, has no wealthy circle of friends (hence the jab at Mohammed), and after going after everyone, she's left isolated.  Her good friend YO has lectured her on her drinking, behavior and outbursts, so she know she has to play it straight.   The other women are filming with her, but only when they have to.   She continues to sit "outside" the circle, looking like a combination of angry/sad/confused.   She only has herself to blame.  

Can't wait for the reunion.   After Kim see's all she's said about her, she'll go after her.  YO will be too foggy to defend her, and Brandi will explode. 

• Love 14

Lastly, there have been several rumors about a big "bombshell" at the Reunion.  Does anybody think it's either Kim or Brandi saying they are done?  Of course, due to contracts, they wouldn't be able to say anything, but it's interesting that Brandi has made comments alluding to that - and then there is Kim not doing any blogs (not that she usually does), or tweeting since early February. 

It's they cynic in me, but I think all this reunion bombshell hinting around is just to build interest in the reunion show -- eg, it's all about the ratings.  I wish Brandi would stalk off into the sunset, but I don't dare think it will really happen (or already happened since it's already taped).

C'mon, people! You know Kim is high on LIFE, man! Look at the cute turtles!

I think whoever posted about Brandi posting here (or at least reading) is right. I've only heard the pearl clutching comment in this forum and Brandi says that a lot.

And on Revenge! Must go find episodes of Hello Larry to compare!

You also forgot about that benchmark comedy Meatballs Part 2!!

• Love 1
(edited)

My theory is that maybe after watching some of this train wreck, Kim agreed at the reunion to go back to treatment. Which would be why she isn't blogging or tweeting, maybe?

ETA: Changed my mind, that would mean she would have to admit responsibility for something, anything, and probably apologize as well. Don't see that happening.

Edited by ElsieH
  • Love 9

Whether Eileen's story of family addicts dying, or Lisa Rs or Brandi's talk of dark days, Kim sees it all as pretext to talk about her addiction issues.  That's why it is a blank stare.

It's been awhile now, but wasn't Brandi also pretty much iced out at the season premiere, the white party at Kyle's?

I seem to recall footage of her sitting off by herself (maybe her stylist was there, too) and everyone else having a great time.

I think she even left early because after cordial greetings, the other guests pretty much just ignored her.

Am I remembering that correctly?  Must be time for another cup of coffee...  

IIRC Brandi was asked to join the other women on the dance floor at the White Party but refused.

The funny thing is that this is not the first time we've seen such a scene with Brandi.  She has attended numerous events where she is filled with anxiety or feels iced out but the difference is that in previous seasons she had a wealthy patron whom she would whine to, the patron would then comfort her and make a point of looking out for her - first it was Adrienne, then Lisa then Yolanda.  Brandi, having run out of wealthy patrons, has gone completely downmarket and it's now her hairdresser/house guest that she does her bitching and whining to.

I think the unaired clips on Bravotv.com and still photos shows Brandi interacting a lot more with the women.  Bravo created a narrative of Brandi being the outsider that wasn't really true during filming.  I think it came to pass as the season wore on.  Brandi and Lisa R didn't have a falling out until after filming ended. But there are photos of Brandi with various women laughing at parties and participating (dancing/singing) at the events where on the show we see, she is alone and pouting.

So E! News had segment of 'Top10 Real Housewives Meltdowns'. The Amsterdamn dinner won the #1 spot. IDK, it was definitely up there but I think the Tre Gee-Do-Chay table flip from Jersey should have been #1.
What do you all think?

I also really don't see how Lisar thought she was helping Kim (other than sharing a storyline), especially when I think in a flashback she says to other HWs "I think she's an addict."  Lisar has been watching the show forever and knows that Kim is an addict - I mean doesn't everybody lol?  BTW I like Lisar and don't hate any of them.

If Kim had any savvy at all, she could have totally come out of this smelling like a rose...

Also, I think it was Lisa V who asked Kim if she was okay and put her arm around her?  The morning after RR (Restaurant Rumble).

I think Lisa R saw this as her Teresa G moment and threw the wine and then the glass for effect, and guess what?  It worked if the tabloids are to be believed.  She was offered a contract for next year.   I think Kim fell for Lisa R's plan.  Make Kim react to me and my attempts to talk about her addiction issues.  Brandi may have told Kim that Lisa R was talking about her, but Lisa R also talked to Kim and was texting her.  Lisa R is no stranger to this show.  All her talk about "Why won't people talk to Kim about her addiction <bats eyes bats eyes>???"  Please, doesn't she remember, "You stole my goddam house!!"  She didn't believe Lisa V and Kyle?  IMO Lisa R knew that drama would flow.  She had NOTHING else to share after Yo's DUI talk?  Nothing? 

And frankly Eileen ready to finish off the job next week and totally ruin the trip by going back in on Kim?  I guess she wants a spot for next year too. Listen, Kim's behavior is terrible.  She could've just said nothing to Lisa R at that dinner.  Sure.  Whatever.  But these two soap actresses want a reaction, they want a fight, they want a soap opera moment. And by golly, Kim Richards is going to give it to them.  They are getting exactly what they asked for.  Cry me a river Eileen if you are upset next week over Kim's reaction if it ends up being bad.

Sainted beings or not, it's their choice how to model as parents...and, no, not everyone experimented with all that is illegal. You also learn as an adult, that what you thought was a good idea as a teenager is not necessarily a good idea when you are a mature adult.

This is getting into Brandis old tricks of "outing" information that isn't up to Brandi. She can be embarrassed all she wants, but the women who actually concern themselves with how this would look on film have a right to refrain without ridicule from the likes of Brandi. Brandi has embarrassed the other ladies enough, so who cares what she thinks? I know I don't care what the Queen of drinking, tweeting and all things over the top thinks is cool or would think of me if I was one of the others sitting there.

Brandi was obnoxious with her temper tantrum on the street. All of these ladies have said/acted poorly on this show at some point, but Brandi is the winner of making the most questionable decisions, IMHO.

IF the poster upthread is right and Kyle asked Brandi "Is this the right way to roll a joint?" Then Kyle too was outing Brandi's usage on tv.  So tit for tat. I know that Brandi has admitted to drug use in the past.  But Kyle is playing with fire to be sitting there pretending she is all innocent when she knows she smoked with Brandi and then asks Brandi if this is the right way to say it/roll it.  But really, I think Brandi was just stewing that Lisa R got away with throwing wine in an alcoholic's face and then throwing a wine glass.  Brandi should've just said nothing. Bad judgment.  It's like her frontal lobe never fully developed.

FWIW I never thought any poster here was any HW.  Just because a poster doesn't hate Brandi, doesn't make them her.  Nor does loving Lisa VP unconditionally or supporting Kyle make that poster those HWs. 

• Love 11

Kim can be effective at winning certain battles, for sure, but always manages to lose the war.  This season's antics have been a really bad look on her.  Her hatred towards Eileen Davidson, as shown at the table, is one of the dumbest and saddest things I've seen on a HWs show. Would hate for that to be my mother, sister, or daughter.  Ignorant in every sense of the word. And ungrateful!

When Kim told Eileen that she hated her hair, her face and whatever, I thought Kim was listing the things that made her jealous of Eileen.  Just my opinion.

• Love 19

Re: Brandi Outing Kyle's Pot Using In AmsterDamn

@ The Last/Season 4 Reunion

IIRC, During An Exchange Between Joyce & Brandi...

When Joyce Giraud Accused Her Of Needing Help For Her Drinking

article-2589001-1C8BCE0B00000578-102_634

article-2589001-1C8BCEE300000578-267_634

"The outspoken blonde also drilled home the point that her drinking is nowhere near as bad as it seems onscreen, with the cameras always catching them at social events and on vacation.

But she admitted: ‘Do I lean on it when I’m depressed or having a good time? Yes.

‘I’m not in the bathroom doing cocaine; I’m not in the car smoking pot - I like my wine. It is what it is.’

But the other housewives were not so dismissive."

[btw, & She Also Admitted To Using Lexapro]

I Am Of The Opinion She Has Been Itching To Out That Little Morsel... Kyle Was Sitting To Her Right & Brandi Position Herself In A Way That Let Me To Believe That The "I Am Not In The Car Smoking Pot" = As Kyle Does ....Her Modus Operandi 101....Wonder When She Will Out Which HoWife Does Cocaine In The Bathroom...

article-2589001-1C8BCD3B00000578-798_634

• Love 4

I think it'll be easy to figure it out, all we need to do is backtrack to see who has "Fuck" as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb in every single post.

Aw, shit, that puts me in the suspect pool......

• Love 22

Later Brandi ditches the girls to chase a 24 year old. So I guess they didn't miss her.

Next week Brandi gets drunk so there is more of the predictable drunken behavior we have come to expect.

It's they cynic in me, but I think all this reunion bombshell hinting around is just to build interest in the reunion show -- eg, it's all about the ratings.  I wish Brandi would stalk off into the sunset, but I don't dare think it will really happen (or already happened since it's already taped).

Brandi being isolated and being oh so not going to use pot and let her guard down this just another attempt of Brandi's to attract attention to herself.  I seriously doubt she was as injured on the escalator or glass smash as she claims.  {The spoiler belongs here.}

Brandi is so incapable of expressing herself in an intelligent fashion.  Had she said, "girls, you all acted like it was the first time you ever seen, heard or smelled pot before."  I think her message would have been better received.  They all knew if they went to Amsterdam they would either do red light tour or a coffee house pot visit or both.

The only thing I could think of that set Brandi off is when Yolanda said she would be a prostitute if that was the only way to get food in her kids' mouths.  I think Brandi has gotten a lot of well-deserved scrutiny over the wisdom of her two part tell all book stint.  Add to that her coarse behavior of her co-stars and people in general, Tampongate, to threatening people to fighting, on Twitter, to getting sued for slander and Brandi most definitely feels a little of the prostituting herself for her kids as she claims.  Brandi elected not to pursue conventional work and paid with the price of her dignity-something she claims not to care about but without she will always be marginalized.  When the mover and shakers invite Brandi to an event there will always be the asterisk (*has been known to pee on the carpet) type thing after her name.  If she is not drunk and combative then she feels it is her duty to delve into people's past relationships and call them cheaters or home wreckers.

• Love 7
(edited)

I have looked at the pictures from the Amsterdam trip ( and other events these women attend) and what I really want to know is whether these women ever fall, trip , teeter on their shoes. Spikes on cobblestones just do not mix. They have to fall occasionally , don't they ? And where are the outtakes ??

Seriously, I know I could never walk the streets in shoes that high and I try. But it hurts !!

Edited by missyb
  • Love 7

Re: Brandi Outing Kyle's Pot Using In AmsterDamn

@ The Last/Season 4 Reunion

IIRC, During An Exchange Between Joyce & Brandi...

When Joyce Giraud Accused Her Of Needing Help For Her Drinking

article-2589001-1C8BCE0B00000578-102_634

article-2589001-1C8BCEE300000578-267_634

"The outspoken blonde also drilled home the point that her drinking is nowhere near as bad as it seems onscreen, with the cameras always catching them at social events and on vacation.

But she admitted: ‘Do I lean on it when I’m depressed or having a good time? Yes.

‘I’m not in the bathroom doing cocaine; I’m not in the car smoking pot - I like my wine. It is what it is.’

But the other housewives were not so dismissive."

[btw, & She Also Admitted To Using Lexapro]

I Am Of The Opinion She Has Been Itching To Out That Little Morsel... Kyle Was Sitting To Her Right & Brandi Position Herself In A Way That Let Me To Believe That The "I Am Not In The Car Smoking Pot" = As Kyle Does ....Her Modus Operandi 101....Wonder When She Will Out Which HoWife Does Cocaine In The Bathroom...

article-2589001-1C8BCD3B00000578-798_634

Kim is the cokehead.  The funny thing is Kim's umbrage came from being compared to the lower class meth users.  Once again had Brandi said coke there would have been less umbrage.  In this episode I think Kim's anger stemmed from having to listen to Yolanda pine on about essentially her daughter not being an alcoholic.  It was a mistake not a disease for little Bella.

• Love 8
(edited)

When Kim told Eileen that she hated her hair, her face and whatever, I thought Kim was listing the things that made her jealous of Eileen.  Just my opinion.

What she really meant is prolly, "I hate your career! Wrap it around my skinny finger so I can take it home with me!"

It's also really grotesquely amusing to see her so hot to chomp into Rinna's buttocks that she fails to acknowledge the death of the sister info!  Kim is all about the sister-sister thing, either in anger or in maudlin tears about all the LOVE, but totally blew it by not being sharp enough to at least PRETEND to care about what she'd just been told.  

First rule of bitchy evisceration of your enemy, Don't forget to at least ACT touched and concerned when this kind of stuff gets put in front of you.  Having done so, then, by all means, proceed to gut the bitch.  This is what I mean when I say she's got no game -- Very poor social skills under the best of circumstances and near none when she wants to get her aggression on.  

Forget about her kids being shocked to see the way she treats Aunt Kyle.  I'm sure they're pretty used to that -- and heaven knows what they've had to put up with directly behind closed doors. The real mortification would be watching her go after folks she barely knows, and basically just works with a few months of the year.  That's taking the crazy out of the comfy family circle and putting it out there in a way that is beyond embarrassing for children, no matter how old they are. 

And, please please please, I can only hope and pray we don't get into a tedious throw done about who gets stoned, does coke, or anything else for the sheer fun of it. The idea that Kyle might like to indulge actually makes me like her a wee bit MORE -- so don't see how that's going to help. (I mean, here's to hoping they don't spend precious minutes on end at the Reunion talking about who goes in for recreational drug use.)

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 13

Yes! Interventions in and of themselves are controversial but if you're going to have one you need an experienced intervention therapist. Candy Finnigan was my favorite from the show Intervention. I liked her because she would call out the families of the addict if the tone of the meeting became that so and so is too much of a fuck up to live, or reel in the Jesus freaks. Sometimes all the addict had to hear was that their family loved them after all and they'd be off to rehab. Other times (KEN) you'd get a runner. And Jeff "Love You Like Crazy" Vanvonderen would point out signs of esophageal or other substance-related ailments. But Kim is clearly someone who won't take help in the form of a televised intervention. She has massive concerns about privacy and despite the fact that she was publicly intoxicated in the limo she's clearly set on not being called out on TV...again. It's crystal clear. That's why I feel Lisa R is being disingenuous about coming from such a sincere place. Come from that same place one on one, in private, no cameras. Helping Kim, if she chooses to try, cannot be successful if it's about Lisa's need for Kim to be held accountable -- it needs to be about Kim's health. What is Lisa R's storyline this year without Kim's addiction?

We''ll never know because Kim chose to take "a pain pill" midway through the season and wreak havoc.

I'm sure at least Lisa R and Eileen would have brought a lot of interesting storylines with them.

Kim set the tone of the rest of the season when she knowingly and willingly chowed down on that "pain pill."

• Love 13