Type keyword(s) to search

Sam McCall Morgan: Fierce P.I. or Tsunami of Tears?

• Start Topic

I like the bottom picture. Were they in jail in Mexico for some reason?

Sam punched an old female acquaintance in a bar. The chick was hitting on Lucky while Lucky and Sam waited for contact from Luke. Then Lucky punched the cop who came to arrest Sam so they would be taken to jail together.

• Love 5

That bottom picture is awesome. So caption-worthy.

If we're going down memory lane with LuSam, where are my hot but pics?

Re: the JaSam pic - UGH. I remember that Valentine's Day where Jason had to be prompted by Molly to do something romantic for Sam, and then all that crap with the guns. Gross.

• Love 5

Is Jason reading to her from a gun magazine? I can't.

Yep. On Valentine's Day. To be romantic.

And since we're talking LuSam in Mexico, here's one of the best parts in gif form:

xqkk9g.jpg

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 10

Again, where is the intentional humor today?

GV and KeMo had such a nice warmth with each other. He might have been limited in acting ability, but he never came across as phony or cold, IMO. I don't think I'd have bought Sam and Lucky if JJ were still playing the character, as his Lucky was a bit more brittle. Not that that's bad for Lucky, but it doesn't match up that well with Sam.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I like when she shoots the snake and then jumps on Lucky's back because she hates spiders....LOL

"I have arachnophobia!  Kill it PLEASE!"  And then she proceeds to slide off his back and PUSH him in between her and the spider....too funny.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1

Sam's rarely seen plot-point kid

Funny, I think Zombie Kid is much more the plot point. But eh. Speaking of Danny, I haven't liked him or wanted to see him since that original adorable Baby Danny was recast the first time. He was so cute, and I fell in love with him. Since then, every iteration has either been lacking personality completely or looked just evil.

• Love 7

Speaking of Danny, I'm still pissed that Sam finally got her baby only to be made to believe that he died alone in a shed while a character from another show raised him off screen for the first few months of his life. Fucking Ron.

• Love 8

I wanted so much to like them - and I did except when GV was trying to deliver lines...

He got better. I went on a Lucky/Sam binge last night and their final breakup scene was sweet. GV was totally ok in it. Like, beyond tree okay. GV was, imho, very good as Eric Brady. He has his limitations but given that he had to stand around looking stunned and hurt while the entire town, in a church, watched a video of him being sexually assaulted and tried to decide if it was genuine ... he deserves an Emmy for that. 

• Love 5

Even though I find Sam dull as a doornail and I will never be a fan, she is being written really positively in this story.  She's not being too pathetic over Jason (every woman is a little pathetic over Jason but that's the PC way) and she's getting really nice writing in terms of character growth.  I guess I can view it as a positive that at least one female on this show gets good writing.  However, I think that she has completely lost any sense of fun that her character once had especially looking at the above.    

I completely agree, tallyrand. Of everyone in this whole Liz/Jason/Sam story Sam is definitely the only one getting good writing and being allowed to experience some growth. I love how she's responding to everything. But, like you said, it is really unfortunate that they've in turn zapped her of all the fun and edge (I guess, idk what word I wanna use here lol) she once had. Hopefully they can bring that back if they ever have Jason fully remember everything, which tbh at this point I'm not sure they're going to actually do.

Aww that gif of GV Lucky/Sam hugging the cop is so funny. Sam/Lucky were so carefree but I hated that he was attached to Liez. So I knew it wouldnt last.

I agree that Danny isnt a plot point. LIke at all. We just barely see him like other soap kids. Which I kinda prefer. I hate soap kids. JJ Lucky and Robin being the exception. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 3

Dont remind me of that. I HATED that she even thought of naming her baby after that ass hat. Who treated her like shit during her pregnancy.  Thankfully she named him after her brother. I was surprised the writers even remembered him.

• Love 2

Dont remind me of that. I HATED that she even thought of naming her baby after that ass hat. Who treated her like shit during her pregnancy. Thankfully she named him after her brother. I was surprised the writers even remembered him.

I was so glad that he was named after her brother and his grandfather and the only thing he got from Jaosn is his last name, we dodged that bullet.

• Love 2

The only favor Sam needs to ask of Franco is (to quote Empire) "if he wants to be killed fast and quiet or slow and loud." Then she needs to pull a Lucious Lyon and kill him slow and loud.

And I'm a Roger Howarth fan! But this character sucks. Just kill it, make it go away.

• Love 8

They should be reunited, but it shouldn't be because Jason rescues her in that stupid basement. Sam is supposed to be able to take care of herself, head injury or not. Gah. Remind me how it's women writing this crap?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

They should be reunited, but it shouldn't be because Jason rescues her in that stupid basement. Sam is supposed to be able to take care of herself, head injury or not. Gah. Remind me how it's women writing this crap?

I think the one thing that all Liz and Sam fans can agree on, is that its insane how women are writing both of them to be so pathetic over a man. I'm watching old clips from 2007/08 for some reason, and I forgot how gross this whole triangle was. Sam and Liz both had to be the bad guys while Jason just skated, and had this blank look on his face the whole time.

I'm also reminded that Kemo and Becky have better chemistry together then they did with the men in that story. I also can't believe how bad their hair was during that time too. It was like the hair people hated Becky and Kemo.

• Love 6

Now Billy Miller's hair is Taupe. Weird. The Taupe hath returned.

I don't care what anyone thinks. Sam was stronger with a ME character (before they signed The Staff). Sam with Silas- takes out security team at Crichton Clark. Sam with Jason- gets taken out by stairs. Hell, even KeMo is better.

I do too, and it helps to remind me of some of the good parts of Guza, especially with Lexi back, it's just very Guza-like. And I recently re-watched Sam's all too-brief hearing loss story which were some of the best Davis girls scenes and these were a nice reminder of those.

I freaking loved the hearing loss story line.  Kelly SHINED through that, you could tell she had a personal connection to the material.   And that sign language "I love you" exchange was amazing.

I don't think it is BS. Their relationship goes back over a decade, and while it was certainly not good all the time and they weren't together the entire time, they have a lasting relationship from when Molly was a little kid with AR's Morgan. You might not like them as a couple, but it doesn't mean that they didn't love each other. They've been through hell and back, and they're married with a child. What else would you call it? As far as I'm concerned, they're each other's true love. Sam was certainly never with anyone that she loved as much as Jason, and Jason while he had other loves, I believe he has great love for her.

He definitely loved Robin and Liz (not saying the other one, WON'T DO IT AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME)  but I really believe Jason's true love is Sam.  "I have never loved anyone as much as I love you, and I never will"  "You mean everything to me" "you are my home"...I could go on and on.  But what he and Sam had/have has been going on for over a decade...It's also a soap, so obviously no couple is EVER stable and forever.  But they always "find their way back to each other".

• Love 4

so obviously no couple is EVER stable and forever.

YES. And it is such a pet peeve of mine when people compare a short-term relationship to a long-term one on soaps. The longer a pairing is together, the more crap they have to go through, and the more the characters will inevitably mistreat each other. I mean, I get not everyone is a fan of certain pairings, and there are others who get sick of the same couple, and that's fine. But sometimes you gotta look at the big picture and recognize that all our fave pairings, if they're even lucky enough to last more than a year, would have the same deal.

• Love 5

YES. And it is such a pet peeve of mine when people compare a short-term relationship to a long-term one on soaps. The longer a pairing is together, the more crap they have to go through, and the more the characters will inevitably mistreat each other. I mean, I get not everyone is a fan of certain pairings, and there are others who get sick of the same couple, and that's fine. But sometimes you gotta look at the big picture and recognize that all our fave pairings, if they're even lucky enough to last more than a year, would have the same deal.

I will make an exception for Sonny and Carly though. I think the way they treat each other is beyond the soap long term couplehood norm. Which is fine, it's *them*, but still.

imo, Michael is the love of Jason's life, overall. Romantically I ould say it's Sam but I think it would have been Robin if she had never told about Michael.

• Love 2

I've always kind of wondered how much of Jason's devotion to Sonny/Carly was about guilt for trapping Michael in that life. He cheated Michael out of being a Q, the least he owed him was as much stability and safety as he could give him

• Love 1

I've always kind of wondered how much of Jason's devotion to Sonny/Carly was about guilt for trapping Michael in that life. He cheated Michael out of being a Q, the least he owed him was as much stability and safety as he could give him

But Jason hated his own family for years. So I think he saw taking Michael from them as a good/noble thing or some crap. Of course, the show tried to retcon that years later once poor Alan died and Jason was suddenly "wah wah, I treated my father so bad!". Spare me.

I don't think he felt bad, specifically, about Michael missing out on being a Q.  But, I do think that he always felt he had to hang in there and keep an eye on Michael as he was raised by Carly and Sonny.  I also don't think he would have remained all BFF with Carly were it not for Michael.  He would have stuck with Sonny, I think, but the lure of Carly was always Michael for him.  

• Love 1
I don't think he felt bad, specifically, about Michael missing out on being a Q.

Jason never apologized to AJ for his part in that whole fiasco, but then again, who wants to be raised by a fat father?

I also don't think he would have remained all BFF with Carly were it not for Michael.  He would have stuck with Sonny, I think, but the lure of Carly was always Michael for him.

I agree. Sonny and Jason were very simpatico in a lot of ways, but Carly mostly exasperated him. He gave far more than he got in that relationship.

• Love 1

Ugh if anyone knows how to quote on an iPad let me know.

For me it's always been hard to buy Sam/Jason as this all consuming long time love. Usually when a long term couple (used to be called super couple) breaks up you always feel the other people are just a placeholder for the real couple. At least while the other half of the couple is still alive/on the show. For example Frisco/Felicia, Leo/Greens, Jack/Jennifer. Yes I'm old.

And while I feel from Sam's side that's always been the case ...Lucky while hot was obviously a placeholder ...they played Liz as much more than that for Jason. Considering Liz/Jason history if they want Jasam to be the end all they never should have put Liz/Jason together. Although as someone who wanted them together SO bad in the late 90s that would have made me sad.

So I guess what I'm saying is I believe Jason is Sam's big love, I don't believe Sam is Jason's. Buts that's the writers fault. They've been screwing GH couples for years.

• Love 1

You tap on a post and then the quote button appears in the lower right hand corner. If that doesn't work for you, you can copy and paste and then quote it manually:

[ quote ] quote here [ / quote ]

Wthout the spaces in the brackets

Edited by ulkis

Jason chose to have a life with Sam, he actively pursued that and he doesn't passively let her walk out of his life. Same with Robin

I think he loved Liz and the idea of this family that she represented but he lets her go without much fuss and just moves on. If he wanted to build a life with her? He could've done it - she made that clear. He didn't do it.

If they were really going to do something different with Jason, I think I'd have liked to see him just get back the Jason Q memories and have to deal with Jason Morgan's choices/reflexes/enemies. Of course, my primary interest there would've been Sam/Robin because Robin knew him as both Jason M and Jason Q - and I remember a conversation Jason had with Sam about whether she would've liked Jason Q and vice versa

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

For me it's always been hard to buy Sam/Jason as this all consuming long time love. Usually when a long term couple (used to be called super couple) breaks up you always feel the other people are just a placeholder for the real couple. At least while the other half of the couple is still alive/on the show. For example Frisco/Felicia, Leo/Greens, Jack/Jennifer. Yes I'm old.

And while I feel from Sam's side that's always been the case ...Lucky while hot was obviously a placeholder ...they played Liz as much more than that for Jason. Considering Liz/Jason history if they want Jasam to be the end all they never should have put Liz/Jason together. Although as someone who wanted them together SO bad in the late 90s that would have made me sad.

So I guess what I'm saying is I believe Jason is Sam's big love, I don't believe Sam is Jason's. Buts that's the writers fault. They've been screwing GH couples for years.

Other than the writers and their fast paced piecemeal writing, what other litmus test are we using to measure this? Besides personal opinion on a prefered couple, all roads for Jason seemed to lead back to Sam. Wasn't there even his dreams during his last brain surgery where he pictured his life with Liz,Carly,and Sam? Each dream had different variables and outcomes between Jason and the women.
  • Love 5

To be fair I don't consider Liz to be Jason's end all love either. I don't know maybe they just don't write super couples like they used to. Lord knows I never expected what they did to Luke and Laura.

And since this is a Sam topic... I admit I've never ever liked her but it is crappy that from my viewpoint they've written him to love her sure but they've always made her love him more. Just my opinion of course!

• Love 1