Type keyword(s) to search

Sam McCall Morgan: Fierce P.I. or Tsunami of Tears?

• Start Topic

To be fair I don't consider Liz to be Jason's end all love either. I don't know maybe they just don't write super couples like they used to. Lord knows I never expected what they did to Luke and Laura.

And since this is a Sam topic... I admit I've never ever liked her but it is crappy that from my viewpoint they've written him to love her sure but they've always made her love him more. Just my opinion of course!

I agree, but that's par for the course with anyone in a relationship with Jason.

• Love 4

And since this is a Sam topic... I admit I've never ever liked her but it is crappy that from my viewpoint they've written him to love her sure but they've always made her love him more. Just my opinion of course!

Yeah but that's true of all Jason's relationships (including Sonny) except Michael

• Love 1

Sam has always loved Jason more than he loves her but I do feel that he loves her.

She is the only person that could get away with shit that he stayed mad at other people for years.

I also find it hilarious after looking at old clips that Sam accomplished stuff with him that she said would happen and they hadn't even kissed yet.

She said in 2004 that he was going to father her kid and damn near a decade later, it happened.

She also brought home a baby on their first date and he just let it go and went along with her crazy ass and they hadn't done anything but kiss.

After she had sex with him, Jason has lost whatever else he had left of his mind ever since.

• Love 3

I've gotta be honest, I am so over this notion that Sam & Jason are being 'rushed'. Liez moved him in, fed him gogurts, then got back with Ric when Hayden came to town, almost got engaged and then broke up with him at the Nurse's Ball, found out Jake was Jason at same ball, fucked him THAT NIGHT, and never looked back. Sam & Jason almost kissed on New Year's but didn't actually until Valentine's day. It's almost a month later and they still haven't slept together. Before they did kiss, they had several talks, went for coffee, and had beers and played pool, all IN PUBLIC. Yeah they haven't been technically on a 'date' but neither did Jiz. Besides the hospital and home, where did they go? Sam and Jason had already started getting to know one another while investigating Nik, and considered each other friends. And that night on the roof of the ball, he said they were more than friends. He also finally felt some of the love they shared when he had the rain dance memory, so even though he still doesn't have the memories he has experienced the emotions behind them. I believe the explosion and Sam getting hurt brought those feelings into greater focus. He has context now, and can tie what he felt for her in that memory to how he is feeling now. And I love that Sam is getting this from him.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wish there was a way for Sam and Dante to professionally work together in some way. They'd be cool partners.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. :p I'd rather he start having scenes with Anna again. And DZ is a low talker too, so it would be a lot of mumbling between them. I like the occasional scene between them though.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wish there was a way for Sam and Dante to professionally work together in some way. They'd be cool partners.

Wouldn't it be great if Sam were a PI who who could work on cases involving crimes and Dante were a cop who could work on cases involving crimes? Oh, wait...

• Love 7

Dante would probably end up having to save Sam from something, since she seems totally unable to do it herself. I really hate how they've made Sam so reactive. They're doing that with Anna, too, which is inexcusable. We know she can take care of herself.

23 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Wouldn't it be great if Sam were a PI who who could work on cases involving crimes and Dante were a cop who could work on cases involving crimes? Oh, wait...

Mind.blown.

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Dante would probably end up having to save Sam from something, since she seems totally unable to do it herself. I really hate how they've made Sam so reactive. They're doing that with Anna, too, which is inexcusable. We know she can take care of herself.

I'm also over Sam needing to be saved in any way or be a victim in any way. I want the writers to give her a story that has nothing to do with violence for ONCE.

42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. :p I'd rather he start having scenes with Anna again. And DZ is a low talker too, so it would be a lot of mumbling between them. I like the occasional scene between them though.

Am I a bad fan if I'm loving this Anna break? If I have to see her cry one more time, man. I did like Anna/Dante, but I also came across some Sam/Dante scenes from 2011 and I dunno. If one of them could energize, it could work. Or if they'd let Sam get her attitude back, it'd be fun to watch that dynamic between them.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Am I a bad fan if I'm loving this Anna break? If I have to see her cry one more time, man.

I'm glad Anna is gone because I was so tired of her relentless JusticeForDuke. That was all she was about, and it was so wearing and wearying. They turned her into a weeping mass. She's not Ava, FFS.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Mind.blown.

I'm also over Sam needing to be saved in any way or be a victim in any way. I want the writers to give her a story that has nothing to do with violence for ONCE.

Am I a bad fan if I'm loving this Anna break? If I have to see her cry one more time, man. I did like Anna/Dante, but I also came across some Sam/Dante scenes from 2011 and I dunno. If one of them could energize, it could work. Or if they'd let Sam get her attitude back, it'd be fun to watch that dynamic between them.

Well, no-crying Anna goes without saying, but of course.

DZ's energy used to compensate for his low talking but now I feel like it would be two bored actors just sitting around.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, no-crying Anna goes without saying, but of course.

DZ's energy used to compensate for his low talking but now I feel like it would be two bored actors just sitting around.

I get it. And I'm not criticizing Dom or KeMo specifically, but it has been awhile since a lot of the actors have really cared about their characters or the story. It's not entirely their fault, though. I'm also to blame bc sometimes I live in a fantasy world after I watch past GH epis. It used to be so good.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

it has been awhile since a lot of the actors have really cared about their characters or the story.

This is why mixing up the characters is a good idea, as it introduces different energies. The CI story is really stupid, but at least Sam and Jason have other people to interact with. 

• Love 5

I love Sam and Alexis's relationship. I'm always going to lurve Drunk!Sam, but my fave Sam was 2008/2009 because she learned to love herself when she and Jason weren't together. The Davis Coven was a huge part of that. That Alexis not only gave her another chance, not only allowed Sam to be part of her sister's lives but encouraged Molly and Kristina to love, trust and admire her? That was huge and incredible. 

So if Sam actually has a girl-child, I hope she chooses a Davis family name instead of naming her after Umily or someone from Jason's family.

• Love 5

I just want Lucky back. I'd take any good recast just so long as FV wasn't allowed anywhere near the decision.

Please note, a "good recast" automatically exempts GV. #sorrynotsorry

Edited by Oracle42

It still continues to amaze me that even when Sam is with other characters, she's still not allowed to say jack shit about how she really feels about Liz. Most of these same writers (minus Ron) had the audacity to have that stupid as shit convo between Sam/Alexis about how Sam was never comfortable with ROBIN and Jason, but Liz? Oh, that's all swell and let's hold hands 'cause family. FOH. No, she should want Liz the hell out of her life.

• Love 5

I can actually understand Sam being uncomfortable with Jason/Robin (not because of anything they've done/would do) but because of the nature of the relationship. The first love thing is a big deal and she's on the other side of it. But she still seemed to like Robin

But Liz? Liz asked Sam for advice on marrying Jakeson. Her tolerance for Liz should be minimal

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I can actually understand Sam being uncomfortable with Jason/Robin (not because of anything they've done/would do) but because of the nature of the relationship. The first love thing is a big deal and she's on the other side of it. But she still seemed to like Robin

But Liz? Liz asked Sam for advice on marrying Jake. Her tolerance for Liz should be minimal

I see what you're saying, totally. I guess what I mean is if the writers had the time to give Sam this monologue about how she wasn't really a fan of Jason/Robin's history/connection, why  is it such a difficult task to let her be real about Liz? Why can't she say, "This chick slept with my husband and was going to marry him and now I have to swallow all this crap bc she has a son with Jason. It's hard and I'm over it. I want her out of our lives." That's a soap conversation. That's interesting and raw.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I guess what I mean is if the writers had the time to give Sam this monologue about how she wasn't really a fan of Jason/Robin's history/connection, why  is it such a difficult task to let her be real about Liz?

Wait, WHAT!!!??  This happened recently? I thought we were talking 2005 when Robin first came back and Sam was a little insecure about it (despite the fact that she was the one who begged her to come save Jason).

7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Wait, WHAT!!!??  This happened recently? I thought we were talking 2005 when Robin first came back and Sam was a little insecure about it (despite the fact that she was the one who begged her to come save Jason).

Yes! Like, right before Sam/Patrick started dating. 

5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I see what you're saying, totally. I guess what I mean is if the writers had the time to give Sam this monologue about how she wasn't really a fan of Jason/Robin's history/connection, why  is it such a difficult task to let her be real about Liz? Why can't she say, "This chick slept with my husband and was going to marry him and now I have to swallow all this crap bc she has a son with Jason. It's hard and I'm over it. I want her out of our lives." That's a soap conversation. That's interesting and raw.

It's also in character. This bubbles and sunshine shit is stupid. Sam is a scrapper, that's always been her characterization. I do not understand the determination to turn Sam and Carly, of all the characters on the canvas, into frikkin suburban housewives. 

I know that FV has brought in new "spicy bad girls" Claudette and Hayden - but that's no excuse for gutting existing characters

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, I get not being negative about Liz in front of Jason, but with her mom or Spinelli or even Carly, why not rant away, girl? 

I think she'd be wise to not discuss any of those kind of issues with Carly.  You just never know when Carly is going to utilize that information for her own purposes, no matter how friendly she's acting in the moment.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I know that FV has brought in new "spicy bad girls" Claudette and Hayden - but that's no excuse for gutting existing characters

I can only shake my head in bemusement that those two are as cookie-cutter boring as everyone else. Rebecca Budig (the actor, I mean [hee]) brings some good chemistry to her scenes, but Bree Williamson is very dull. She gets worse writing than RB—which isn't saying much, since the writing is uniformly terrible—and is unable to overcome it on talent or personality alone.

41 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think she'd be wise to not discuss any of those kind of issues with Carly.  You just never know when Carly is going to utilize that information for her own purposes, no matter how friendly she's acting in the moment.  

I don't think Carly could successfully leverage any of the information anyway. Sonny and Sam's family don't really care what Sam thinks about Elizabeth, and Jason shouldn't let Carly badmouth Liz or Sam. And it wouldn't be news to Liz that Sam doesn't like her. I can't think of anyone else who would have any use for it. Whomever Carly might scheme with likely already has feelings for Liz (and Sam) one way or the other, and Carly's info wouldn't change that.

However, your general point that Carly isn't ever someone to confide in is irrefutable.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

However, your general point that Carly isn't ever someone to confide in is irrefutable.

I was speaking more in general than specifically about her feelings towards Liz.   Carly is someone who would treat any confidence as currency in some way.  If I was Sam, being married to Carly's great obsession in life, I would never feel comfortable confiding in her.  She's totally the kind of person who would "helpfully" share your feelings with someone else for her own purposes.  

• Love 1

Kelly wasn't playing livvie though.Heck I Remeber whenport charles was cancelled  Guza said that Lynn herring and JL didn't belong on GH anymore that was ridclous.

True, but I think if Guza had his druthers Sam would have been killed off in a mob war for Jason to beat his breast over. I think Sam/KeMo stuck around at the insistence of Frons/the network.

• Love 1

Wow, I never knew about Sam telling Patrick about being uncomfortable about Jason/Robin. Because back in 2005 she didnt seem insecure or whatever. I always thought she really liked and admired Robin. I guess it was when I wasn't watching regularly lol.

But for some weird reason she was totally uncomfortable about Brenda and tried to break up with Jason over it. Which made no sense to me becasue they were never together for real and their marriage was annulled. 

Liez/Carly are the only ones she should be irked about. Given all the crap Liez has done and Carly well she is self explanatory ;)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Wow, I never knew about Sam telling Patrick about being uncomfortable about Jason/Robin. Because back in 2005 she didnt seem insecure or whatever. I always thought she really liked and admired Robin. I guess it was when I wasn't watching regularly lol.

Sam told Alexis. It was in late 2014, I believe. I don't blame anyone for not recalling. I happily try to block out anything during that time.

But, yeah, I just thought it was BS because Robin, especially, never did anything to overstep boundaries (except repeatedly save Jason's life with Patrick) and Sam always seemed fond of her. I guess Sam's opinion could have changed after Robin "died?" Robin did essentially sacrifice herself so Jason could live and Jason went batshit about not being told about her death.

Sam being jealous of Brenda was dumb as hell. TPTB just wanted everyone cowering in Brenda's presence. 

• Love 3

It's JASON. All of his harem had to be jealous of each other, or we might get the impression he's wasn't the be-all and end-all of hitman dick. Also, you know how wimmins are.

ETA: Jinx!

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

It's JASON. All of his harem had to be jealous of each other, or we might get the impression he's wasn't the be-all and end-all of hitman dick. Also, you know how wimmins are.

ETA: Jinx!

This became EXTREME in the '00s. Carly was jealous of everyone but Courtney. Liz was jealous of Courtney. Courtney was jealous of Liz. Courtney was jealous of Sam. Sam was jealous of Liz. Liz was jealous of Sam. Sam was jealous of Brenda. 

My head hurts.

• Love 1

A Twitter acct is recapping KeMo's interview in SOD and it's kinda making me laugh.

When had this ever been shown?

And her whole "Sam independent without a man"? She always had a man. ALWAYS. She has never been portrayed as some single, independent woman. Wut.

Seriously, when has she genuinely been without a man?  When JT was leaving, BM was already there.  She went from Jax to Sonny to Jason to Lucky back to Jason to McBain (ish) back to Jason to Silas to Patrick to Jason.  There was never really much genuine time between them, and there was always someone on the horizon when she was alone.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Seriously, when has she genuinely been without a man?  When JT was leaving, BM was already there.  She went from Jax to Sonny to Jason to Lucky back to Jason to McBain (ish) back to Jason to Silas to Patrick to Jason.  There was never really much genuine time between them, and there was always someone on the horizon when she was alone.  

Wait, now she's saying that she played it like "Sam doesn't need a man" without telling anyone. I have tears.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

"Well, I talked to my mom about it"

Sam was always a drag for me (except for those moments when she actually is in scrappy belligerent mode).  

But KeMo seems like she's fun and funny in real life.

sometimes I think the actors pull this crap out of their ass to talk about, because they know the writing is trash and have to say something, anything in interviews.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Sometimes I think the actors pull this crap out of their ass to talk about, because they know the writing is trash and have to say something, anything in interviews.

I don't doubt it. At least we have the pleasure of being able to call bullshit on the bullshit. I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to defend this terrible writing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

I think she was alone for a little over a year(ish) when Jason "died" because FV/RC were determined to pair her with ME again 

I don't know when Sam/Silas became "official," but their story started a couple months into 2013. 

5 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I think most of her fans like how much Sam has learned from her previous mistakes and matured but they also hate how zen they have made Sam. Most of the fans would love it if Sam was just bitchy toward those she dislikes/hates. However, if you look at the character Sam should be mad such as Franco, Julian, Liz, Nick, Laura, etc. It is characters the writers used to do something bad but at the same time they didn't want these characters being held accountable thus silencing Sam. How can Sam be mad or try to kill Franco when the writers are doing everything they can to make him a viable character/romantic lead(ugh)?

I mean I loved 2007 Sam but those were different writers. Those writers were not afraid to let their characters insult and hate each other. These writers don't know how to write for layered characters. Everyone had become two dimensional. All of these characters lack depth. It is not something Sam alone is suffering from. 

Agree.

BUT...I'm also not solely talking about Sam being bitchy or having an attitude with people she justifiably dislikes. Sam, along with other characters, are more interesting when they're able to make mistakes. Sometimes characters make the wrong choices. And this is what is lacking from her character and has for years. She is always the one being the ear for other people and their problems. It's time for Sam to develop an issue that she needs to work through. She's not the therapist of this show. It doesn't suit her and it wastes KeMo. 

• Love 1