Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I think Rick is totally clueless about his level of game right now. I think since Lori's death, romance etc is not really in the forefront of his mind. I think anything that is kind of flirty is just on some subconscious level with Rick.

(edited)

Oh, I really don't think that Rick is conscious of his level of attractiveness or sexuality or game necessarily. So that part of my comment was meant to be humorous. I made myself chuckle. :)

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 3
(edited)

This was the only time I ever thought Rick sort of flirted with anyone post-Lori.

(and no it's not because of the look at her chest, which Danai said wasn't intentional - it's because of the bashful "must have been something else then" line).

I'm sure we'll get more flirting now  with this blonde woman, but it's going to be tough for me to invest, because I just think he's always had such strong, genuine chemistry with Danai. If he's with another woman I think I'd have to see it as something unexpected, rather than a generic woman showing up out of the blue to cut his hair.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 5
(edited)

So glad that Rick finally cut his hair and shaved his beard.  He looks ten years younger.  I'm assuming that was Andrew Lincoln's real beard?  He should get a bonus for growing that thing out for that long.  He needs extra compensation for all of the lice, mites, ants and other assorted tiny creatures that were living in that thing.  If it wasn't real, it was a really good beard wig and makeup.  There was one shot in particular of the lower half of his face and the beard was all encompassing, you couldn't even see his mouth until he talked.

2)  When Rick was showering/shaving, he had a consistent tan all over his body.  Now I doubt that he walked all that way from Atlanta shirtless.  He should have had a farmer's tan at best.  We saw his pale skin when he burnt the pig sty at the prison, so what gives?  And once that beard was gone, his face underneath should have been ghostly white, as it's not seen the light of day for months.
When he was in the shower, his backside looked blindingly white. Otherwise, maybe the layer of dirt he's been carrying around acted as sunscreen.
How long in show time has it been since the ZA started?  Rick was in a coma for three months.  At Camp Dinner Bell, Lori gets pregnant in the trailer.  They hang out and wander a bit before finding the farm.  They stay at the farm for some time.  After the farm is overrun, they wander a bit before finding the prison.  Judith is taken from Lori's womb, Lori dies.  Prison is overrun.  They are again wandering nomads.  Terminus.  They wander some more.  Father Pee Pants' Church.  Wander some more.  Judith looks to be about 9 months. 

I'd say it's probably around two years total in show time.  Does that sound accurate?  In the opening episode, Rick wore his underwear and an open hospital robe.  His body was blindingly white.  Somewhere along the way, he found time to shave his chest and lay out in the sun in a swimsuit.  Because in that shower scene, his butt was blindingly whiter than the rest of his body.  Even assuming he had been tan before the ZA, a tan wouldn't stick around for two years.

I don't have any issues with the name "Enid".  Sophia, Olivia, Emily and Emma were all once considered "old lady" names, and they became more popular within the last decade or so.  Now, even more "old lady" names are becoming common.  Mostly because parents like the nicknames.  I know a little Agatha ("Aggie") and Agnes (also "Aggie") and Adeline ("Addie") and Evelyn ("Evie") and Edith ("Edie") and Lillian ("Lily") and even Mildred ("Millie")

My favorite town name suggested was Ricksburg.

I love this one too.  Did anyone else start singing?

Life is like a hurricane.  Here in, Ricksburg,

Walkers, "roamers", humans too.

Killed by, Rickster!

Might find some water, or eat a possum!

Ricksburg!  Woo-oo!

Every day he's out there saving

Ricksburg!  Woo-oo!

D-d-d-danger!  Watch behind you!

There's a walker, out to bite you!

What to do, just stay and live in Ricksburg!  Woo-oo!

Not Deannaburg or Aidanburg but Ricksburg!  Woo-oo!

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2

I'm still of the opinion - and it was made pretty clear this last episode that they are a family.  I feel, that any hooking up inside the family would be pretty incesty. 

Maggie and Glenn hooked pretty quickly after meeting - and there was the couple that Eugene liked to watch, and I think they probably hooked up pretty quickly after meeting as well.

But I believe the longer they are together as a family the less likely there will hooking up - unless they have in the past. 

Perhaps if they are relaxed and not having to sleep with one eye open, and not worrying about every minute of survival there might be more action - but I seriously doubt it would be within the family.

So glad that Rick finally cut his hair and shaved his beard.  He looks ten years younger.  I'm assuming that was Andrew Lincoln's real beard?  He should get a bonus for growing that thing out for that long.  He needs extra compensation for all of the lice, mites, ants and other assorted tiny creatures that were living in that thing.  If it wasn't real, it was a really good beard wig and makeup.  There was one shot in particular of the lower half of his face and the beard was all encompassing, you couldn't even see his mouth until he talked.

It was real. He trimmed it some during offseason but it was real. The show doesn't have the budget for good fake beards, as we saw with poor David Morrissey last season, who seemed to be wearing Lionel Barrymore's fuzz from Rasputin and the Empress.

• Love 8
(edited)

Like CletusMusashi said a few pages ago, I also have used way more "likes" on this thread this week than at any other point on any other thread. So much to discuss, such great insight, and some awesome humor. Best part--it makes the wait for Sunday much more tolerable.

There's actually more to life than just snark. Who knew?

(Now off to watch The Following so I can laugh my ass off and rip it to shreds...)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 5

and no it's not because of the look at her chest

Really, what man who still has a pulse wouldn't check a out a woman who is standing in front of him in clothes so tight they appear to have been painted on? These wardrobe choices must appear in "How to Dress for a Zombie Apocalypse - Make Sure it's TIGHT and Never Mind the Smell!"

• Love 4

Personally, I wish Rick hadn't cut his hair.   The sexiest he has ever looked was when he was freshly shaved and his hair was still long.  I have not been very impressed this season....until this episode.  Nothing much happened, but it was still so intense.  Carol is the best, though, with her Junior League persona.  Can't wait to see her revert to form!  Deanna isn't going to know what hit her.

• Love 5
(edited)

He's supposed to be the face of order, yes, but how much "law" will play into that remains to be seen.

I kind of hope next week we see CDB reading through an enormous pile of ASZ laws trying to memorize and make sense out of them all.

But that means the writers would have to figure that out as well, so I'm thinking Rick'll be playing not just a cop. but a lawmaker as well.

"Death penalty for wandering into the woods? What are talking about? Coral does it all the time!"

"My friends can't carry assault rifles into City Hall? Screw that!"

"Daylight savings?" BANG! "Not in my town."

By the way, I fully support him on that last one.

Maybe the law part of the equation is where Michonne comes in. She was a lawyer pre-ZA. She could help out with any legal minutiae that arises in addition to keeping people in line with her katana. 

The sexiest he has ever looked was when he was freshly shaved and his hair was still long.

Amen. I just wanted the beard to go. I liked the longer hair.

These wardrobe choices must appear in "How to Dress for a Zombie Apocalypse - Make Sure it's TIGHT and Never Mind the Smell!"

Oddly enough, in The Zombie Survival Guide, Max Brooks does recommend tight clothing. Not so tight as to restrict movement, but tight enough to make a person harder to grab.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 2

Maybe the law part of the equation is where Michonne comes in. She was a lawyer pre-ZA. She could help out with any legal minutiae that arises in addition to keeping people in line with her katana. 

Where did I miss that Michonne was a lawyer?  I can't ever remember them saying what she did.  The only time she talked about her past EVER was to Carl and that was all about her boyfriend and son.  What did I miss?

Personally, I wish Rick hadn't cut his hair.   The sexiest he has ever looked was when he was freshly shaved and his hair was still long. 

He's a beautiful man...I guess they may not have wanted him to look quite that beautiful, although the thought of Rick having his own version of Carl's hairstyle, locks wafting in the breeze as shampoo advertisements, makes me wistful at what might have been.

(bonus - Daryl gets so jealous he finally takes a damn shower)

• Love 3

Speaking of hair. I appreciated that Maggie's looked clean after everyone started cleaning up, but not expertly styled. It used to make my eye twitch when Andrea's hair looked salon-fresh.

Though now that Jessie is around, salon-fresh hair shouldn't be as much of an issue.

• Love 2
(edited)
Where did I miss that Michonne was a lawyer?  I can't ever remember them saying what she did.  The only time she talked about her past EVER was to Carl and that was all about her boyfriend and son.  What did I miss?

I don't recall it ever being said either.  Andrea was a civil rights lawyer.  We saw a flashback of Michonne, her son, her boyfriend and the boyfriend's friend.  Then the boyfriend and friend became her "pets".  But unless I missed something, they never revealed anything else about her past and she has never said she was a lawyer.  Is the OP thinking of Jacqui from Season 1?  I think Jacqui might have been some kind of lawyer in a state of Georgia department.

Edited by blackwing

I don't recall it ever being said either.  Andrea was a civil rights lawyer.  We saw a flashback of Michonne, her son, her boyfriend and the boyfriend's friend.  Then the boyfriend and friend became her "pets".  But unless I missed something, they never revealed anything else about her past and she has never said she was a lawyer.  Is the OP thinking of Jacqui from Season 1?  I think Jacqui might have been some kind of lawyer in a state of Georgia department.

I don't know but I've seen several people on this board say she was a lawyer and it always confuses the hell out of me because I have never ever heard that on the show, and I remember everything.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with you.  Maybe it's from the comics?  She might be a lawyer in the comics?  Is that why so many people insist that she's a lawyer? Even if she was, it's never been said on the show that she's a lawyer as far as I can remember.  So I'd say she's not a lawyer on this show unless someone can point to some evidence.

Edited by blackwing

I think Andrea said something to her regarding her being a lawyer when they were at Woodbury.  It was only 1 time - something about not trusting people or some such.  I haven't read the GNs, but I think she was a lawyer before in that storyline.

As far as Rick saying they'd take over ASZ, I took it to mean that they would take over leadership if need be, if the present leadership proved to be weak.  They know this is a (seemingly) good place to hole up in for a while - all it needs is someone leading it who knows what they're doing and what they're facing outside those walls.  I doubt he's going to make the original inhabitants move out.

• Love 4
(edited)

Probably just the degenerate perv in me, but hard to not notice Rick getting a good look at Jessie's chest when she was saying they couldn't get the eyes right on the owl sculpture; while he's saying "The eyes.  Right.".

Can't wait for him to tell her that he really likes her hooters.  Speaking only of the tattoo on her arm and the sculpture, of course.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 5

I find myself wondering if Rick decided to go "dolphin smooth" since he shaved his face and chest.  Perhaps he's trying to get rid of the various critters that have nestled in his man fur.  

Maybe she snagged some Miss Clairol to touch up her roots every other week? I mean, in between dodging zombies and stuff...

Probably a missing/cut scene out there for s2, somewhere...

"Hey Beth, I found some hair care products.  Want to work on our hair together??"  "Sure.  And then after that, we can cut each other's wrists.  Yay!"

• Love 5
(edited)

Probably a missing/cut scene out there for s2, somewhere...

"Hey Beth, I found some hair care products.  Want to work on our hair together??"  "Sure.  And then after that, we can cut each other's wrists.  Yay!"

There was another cut scene:

Lori: Is it true you found hair dye?

Andrea: Is that a problem?

Lori: We're here to take care and care take. Not to touch up our roots. 

Andrea: I can dye my hair just like any man can. Do you really think I haven't seen the Lady Clairol hidden under Daryl's bed with that dead raccoon?

Lori: That's not the point, Andrea. He's a man. He provides. He could die. If he might die, why wouldn't he dye?

Andrea: Then I am standing up for my right to die and dye.

Lori: (sighs) That's just not good enough, Andrea. (randomly points her finger) Look at Carol. She probably went gray when she was 10 years old. Does she dye it? Does she do anything with it? No. She knows that hot meals are what matter, not henna rinse. Hot, not henna. Isn't that right, Carol?

Carol: Shut the fuck up already!

Lori: (shakes her head, puts hands on hips) See what you did? Now you've upset Carol!

Andrea: I'm sorry, Carol, I really am, but I have roots. My roots matter. And I'm standing up for those roots. If you can't understand that...then I have nothing else to say to you.

(Carol runs into the woods screaming)

Lori: Good job, Andrea. I hope your peroxide helps set an extra place on the table. 

Andrea: I don't give a damn about your plate or your meal or your duties to your manly men, Lori. And you know why? Because I give a damn about me. And you want to know why?

Lori: Why, Andrea? Why? You tell me.

Andrea: It's because I'm worth it.

Lori: Well, I'm worth it too, Andrea. (wells up, sniffles her nose) I'm worth it too.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 11

There was another cut scene:

Lori: Is it true you found hair dye?

Andrea: Is that a problem?

Lori: We're here to take care and care take. Not to touch up our roots. 

Andrea: I can dye my hair just like any man can. Do you really think I haven't seen the Lady Clairol hidden under Daryl's bed with that dead raccoon?

Lori: That's not the point, Andrea. He's a man. He provides. He could die. If he might die, why wouldn't he dye?

Andrea: Then I am standing up for my right to die and dye.

Lori: (sighs) That's just not good enough, Andrea. (randomly points her finger) Look at Carol. She probably went gray when she was 10 years old. Does she dye it? Does she do anything with it? No. She knows that hot meals are what matter, not henna rinse. Hot, not henna. Isn't that right, Carol?

Carol: Shut the fuck up already!

Lori: (shakes her head, puts hands on hips) See what you did? Now you've upset Carol!

Andrea: I'm sorry, Carol, I really am, but I have roots. My roots matter. And I'm standing up for those roots. If you can't understand that...then I have nothing else to say to you.

(Carol runs into the woods screaming)

Lori: Good job, Andrea. I hope your peroxide helps set an extra place on the table. 

Andrea: I don't give a damn about your plate or your meal or your duties to your manly men, Lori. And you know why? Because I give a damn about me. And you want to know why?

Lori: Why, Andrea? Why? You tell me.

Andrea: It's because I'm worth it.

Lori: Well, I'm worth it too, Andrea. (wells up, sniffles her nose) I'm worth it too.

Daryl:  Remember a couple years ago, when the women were crying over their hair and shit?

Rick:  Trying not to.  Let's see them grow stuff and things on their faces like we do, while not being able to trim and groom them;  then they can shed big salty tears.

Daryl:  Why would I want to trim or groom these patches of overgrown peach fuzz?!

Rick:  You still got that hair dye stuff?  Maybe you can smear it on your face and make it look like you can actually grow facial hair, instead of that 'patchy pubes' look.

Daryl:  *snorts, and walks off muttering*  Not everyone can wear a 'Cousin It' on their face.

• Love 6
Maybe the law part of the equation is where Michonne comes in. She was a lawyer pre-ZA.

When did we find this out? I don't recall that at all.

Amen. I just wanted the beard to go. I liked the longer hair.

I'm the opposite. I was okay with the beard (it just needed a wash and a trim), but don't care for him with longer hair.

I think Jacqui was in city planning or something.

Yes. She was. That's why she knew about the sewers under the building in Guts.

I love you guys. That hair dye shit was the most hilarious thing ever. Andrea DID always have pretty perfect hair. And a super white bra. And perfectly manicured toenails. 

• Love 2

Chandler Riggs mentioned this on his instagram a couple days ago:

chandlerriggs5: if any of you were wondering why carl is completely dominating noah in this game of poker: neither one of us knew how to play, so josh showed us how. after a few rounds of being really confused and terrible, i started getting lucky, and before we shot this scene they started rolling the cameras, so everyone bet all the chips they had. i ended up winning, thus making carl the poker god of the apocalypse.

• Love 8

chandlerriggs5: if any of you were wondering why carl is completely dominating noah in this game of poker: neither one of us knew how to play, so josh showed us how. after a few rounds of being really confused and terrible, i started getting lucky, and before we shot this scene they started rolling the cameras, so everyone bet all the chips they had. i ended up winning, thus making carl the poker god of the apocalypse.

Hah! Never occurred to me they were actually playing cards. Thanks for that. 

• Love 1

And on the TV, in the background, a recorded Geico commercial is playing... Kenny Rogers singing to his pissed off poker buddies.

I may have gotten my continuities crossed. She was a lawyer in the comics. I'm actually not sure now if she was in the show or not. If not, I apologize. Jaqui, I believe, worked for local government in Atlanta. That's how she knew about the sewer tunnels running underneath the department store.

I really don't imagine our relatively small group that has been together and has seen Maggie and Glenn get married, had Shane sleeping with Lori and Rick with Lori and only Lori, would really think that it's leader; who is often disregarded as a leader, would be particularly upset or worried about Michonne and Rick getting together or they would think it inappropriate because Rick is like the leader of a cult. No one has been brainwashed or told they can't leave. No one is there against their will. Essentially that's saying that Rick can never have another relationship in the entirety of the ZA as long as he's a leader. He's only leading a very small group compared to like, I dunno, the Governor.

I didn't mean to equate Rick with a cult leader, I was just trying to make the point that having the leader of the group pairing off with women members can lead to trouble.  Especially when pairing off isn't possible for everyone.  I don't think I remember any situations where Rick is just ignored, he's not always right and he will defer to others but to the extent this group has a leader it's him.

I also don't think that's it easy for someone to leave the group if they don't like what's going on.  They've all had enough experiences to know that being alone is dangerous.  I wonder, for example, how many of the group thought going to Noah's home in VA as a tribute to Beth was a dumb idea but went along with it because what's the alternative?  

Shane didn't just sleep with Lori, he also had sex with Andrea.  But I'm not sure to what extent anyone saw Shane as the guy in charge.  I think Shane  represented the kind of character who would not have any difficulty in pairing off when it suited him. 

• Love 2

In this one - http://i.imgur.com/xHLB8f6.jpg - Carl has all the chips.

Noah is all out. 

With the poker theme we have going on in ASZ this can't be an accident. 

I love these photo recaps.  F'in hilarious.

- "People having fun?  Not on my watch!"

- "Shit, I lost the kids.  Now I know how Lori always felt."

- sequence about zombie-esque video games and movies

- "This is my little sister.  I helped cut her out of my mom."  *looks at camera like she's on The Office*

- "Surprise hug!"  "Rick not now."

• Love 5

Yes, she is a lawyer in the comics.

I think Jacqui was in city planning or something.

if only Jacqui hadn't blown herself to bits at the CDC - her skills could be useful in ASZ.
  • Love 4

In this one - http://i.imgur.com/xHLB8f6.jpg - Carl has all the chips.

Noah is all out.

With the poker theme we have going on in ASZ this can't be an accident.

Man, the rest of the gang needs to find out where Carol and Maggie got their new work clothes and Rick got his uniform and go clothes shopping. Carl's shit is stained. Glenn was still wearing the shirt he's worn since 5B started when he knocked Aiden on his ass.
  • Love 2
(edited)

So because my mind can't seem to let this go.... was thinking that if Jessie's husband is actually real - and not just a dream of Rick's - he's not really the hubby, at least not anymore. 

What if they are divorced, or were in the process of getting divorced, when the ZA started?  But since he seems to be kinda 'Ed'-like (at first shadowy glance), he won't let her go and postures as someone who he's really not anymore.  Maybe he doesn't even live in the same house, but was there to smoke on the porch and prevent Rick from thinking about knocking on the door in hopes of a 'bedttime visit' /w J. 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

The exiled people can not be Enid's family as it was explained she was a newcomer like Coral. She could be working for the exiles though.

I thought they said she'd been there 8 months.

Didn't that kid said that the girl teenager had only been there for 3 weeks?

They said it took her three weeks to talk.

Can't believe I didn't recognize Alexandra Breckenridge; must have been the blonde hair (instead of red).  I remember her name because I thought she was amazingly hot and sexy in her role on American Horror Story; Murder House.  (again, yes, I'm 12)

Wait, what? Who was she?

Point of curiosity: Deanna has referred to her husband (he of the great architectural skills) in both the present and past tense - but we haven't seen him around.  Reckon he ended up Walker Chow?  Or did she maybe exile her own husband?

I was also wondering about her husband and why he hasn't been shown yet.

Dale mentions Andrea is a civil rights lawyer in Season 2 when he was trying to get her to help him save Randall. Jobs I remember pre ZA

Jacqui - city planning

Dale - retired and traveling with his wife who died

Glen - delivered pizzas

Herschel - veterinarian

Amy - college student

Lori - teacher

Other than Rick and Shane can't remember anyone else talking about their jobs

So because my mind can't seem to let this go.... was thinking that if Jessie's husband is actually real - and not just a dream of Rick's - he's not really the hubby, at least not anymore. 

What if they are divorced, or were in the process of getting divorced, when the ZA started?  But since he seems to be kinda 'Ed'-like (at first shadowy glance), he won't let her go and postures as someone who he's really not anymore.  Maybe he doesn't even live in the same house, but was there to smoke on the porch and prevent Rick from thinking about knocking on the door in hopes of a 'bedttime visit' /w J. 

I thought it was just an example of how not everyone is keen to welcome new people to the ASZ community and that maybe it's an indication of fractures or frictions within the existing members of the ASZ.  Because up until that encounter everyone had been pleasant and helpful.  Actually I think someone who didn't act super friendly and was kind of surly seemed realistic.  But then I'm suspicious of the super welcoming types, the ones who just can't wait to share their limited resources with a bunch of strangers.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dale mentions Andrea is a civil rights lawyer in Season 2 when he was trying to get her to help him save Randall. Jobs I remember pre ZA

Jacqui - city planning

Dale - retired and traveling with his wife who died

Glen - delivered pizzas

Herschel - veterinarian

Amy - college student

Lori - teacher

Other than Rick and Shane can't remember anyone else talking about their jobs

Holy shit, Lori was a teacher?  "Has anyone seen my students?"

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 11

Totally.  "Stay where I can see you!"  *turns back and totally ignores the kids for the rest of the day*

Oh wow, didn't recognize her at all. If ever there was someone sexy enough to tempt Rick, it would be her. Maybe she will don a maid's outfit and offer up some other services! :-)

Photo recap poked fun at just that...  "I was thinking maybe I can cut your hair... do your laundry....... have sex".  And then the scene when she tells him where his kids are and then tells him her son really wants to meet Carl; "Can you and Carl come visit?  He can play with my son upstairs.... while we play downstairs, if you know what I mean".   lol

• Love 3

I'd forgotten this too, if I ever knew it. Dear Lord, what must she have taught the kids in her class? "You girls don't need to pay attention during the Math and Science lessons; just practice tidying up the classroom so you'll be able to do it right when you're housewives."

• Love 2