Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: A Wedding

Tara Ariano

I forgot about that......I can never really tell if we're supposed to take things Brittany says seriously or not, so usually I tune her out.

Thing is, if you take what Brittany say seriously she was raped, and I can't believe Glee would just throw it out as a joke then ignore it.

I forgot about that......I can never really tell if we're supposed to take things Brittany says seriously or not, so usually I tune her out.

Well, I pick and choose when I think she's actually telling the truth (like I don't think she was literally going to kill that chicken in the choir room). But she had a legion of Latino fans wanting her autograph and taking pics with her, so I'm gonna assume she really did sell Queso Por Dos to Univision. Which, actually isn't that unbelievable for Glee, given the popularity of YouTube personalities lately.

Well, I pick and choose when I think she's actually telling the truth (like I don't think she was literally going to kill that chicken in the choir room). But she had a legion of Latino fans wanting her autograph and taking pics with her, so I'm gonna assume she really did sell Queso Por Dos to Univision. Which, actually isn't that unbelievable for Glee, given the popularity of YouTube personalities lately.

The problem for me is with the way Britney has been characterised she could have sold the show for a million dollars or a jelly bean because she acts crazy/childish and has genius math brain so either option isn't outside the realm of possibility for Glee. I try not to think too much about the supposed lives of these characters because if I pick at a thread their whole lives unravel.

Blaine doesn't have a dad, he's an immaculate conception ... lol

Edited by wayne67

Also, I feel like besides the viewers Harry Hamlin's character really got treated pretty bad, and he was a pretty cool guy. Maybe he should find Kurt's boyfriend from college? 

Or go for his own age and try one of Rachel's conveniently single dads. 

• Love 10

So now that I've seen Blaine's mom and having met Blaine's brother, I feel a little sorry for the guy. He probably doesn't even know he's showboating, since he's always been the understated one in the family.

Lol, true. 

So, so happy to see Sugar Motta again. She was hilarious, I really liked her when she was in ND.  Also happy to see Burt, who is my favourite fictional dad in the world. 

I wasn't bored and there were some things I liked. But the randomness of Blaine and Kurt's wedding ruined the episode.

• Love 1

So, I sort of watched this. Skimmed some parts though. I thought it wasn't as terrible as I was expecting, though it was sooo fanfic-y and it definitely had cringe-y moments. I guess I give them props for having an episode revolving around two gay weddings and I do think in this last season they have made the effort to let them act more like actual couples, specially Brittana. I remember back in the day when Brittany and Santana were dating and were barely allowed to talk, let alone kiss.

Still, I can't really be all "yay!" because I still can't get behind either couple.

Klaine- LMAO they couldn't even stand to live together for a few months and now they're married? And that's without counting all the fucked up stuff they have shown with them over the years, which I'm kinda not in the mood to go over, but were no little issues.

Brittana- Even though they have been trying to retcon Brittany lately, trying to say that she just has a weird brain and look she's really a genius, that is BS, imo. Brit spent mos of the series alternating between looking like she was high and, even worse, being a toddler-woman and it was creepy to see her in any relationship. The more recent version of Brittany is more tolerable and they seem to have made her parents the weirdos we laugh at the moment, instead of her, but I still remember that. And, even worse, Santana still becomes absolutely alienated and only allowed to speak to Brittany when they're together. My little Pezberry/Quinntana heart mourns that we got none of that this ep. Sigh. Still, making Brittany somewhat more tolerable made this whole wedding business a bit more tolerable as well. 

Cringey parts:

*Brittany and, specially Santana, being so into Klaine getting married too, specially when Brittany talked about what an inspiration they were to her. Gross. Plus, Kurt was totally right: there was no way in hell Santana would let anyone steal her thunder on her wedding day, though I guess that because it was Brittany who wanted it that makes a little more sense.

*The OTP reference. No. Just no.

Oh, and my face mirrored Santana's when Brittany started talking about how they had the same anniversary and whatever, but because I feared Brittany was going to say she wanted Klaine to father their babies and... NO. Just no.

• Love 1

I'm expecting the Klaine Marriage will go as well as Josh and Lily from Popular with their high school marriage. Married too young with no idea what to do next.

That's my headcanon for these idiots getting together. Bring on Gay Divorce :p

• Love 1

On a shallow note, Santana and Britt looked beautiful. I thought that Brittany's dress was actually perfect for that style of wedding. And Santana's white jumpsuit for the reception was fantastic. As were the bridesmaids dresses. The suits were a little formal but everyone looked gorgeous.

I too thought "reconnecting" meant sex between Mike and Tina, but his whole idea of "let's keep seeing each other" made so much more sense than PROPOSING.

• Love 4

This show is just hilarious, in a completely ridiculous way.  I had a good laugh when the video was loading on the Fox site, and the episode description was Sue gets everyone to follow their hearts.  Give me a freak'in break.

The songs were pretty good.  Seeing Sugar again was nice.  Where were Quinn and Emma?   They could have brought back some more random people from the show. Half the crowd looked like strangers.  For awhile there, I thought Blaine's mom was Idina Menzel.  

I agree with the above comment that the camera angles were weird throughout and very jarring.  

The Blaine/Kurt sudden wedding was just weird.  I mean, there are still a few more episodes left.  You'd think they would build up to the two of them dating again.

I'm not sure what Mike was trying to say there.  I agree the proposal was ridiculous, but he didn't even commit to dating.  I'm not sure how "nice" that was.  

Kurt's old boyfriend's reaction to the breakup was as great as Karofsky.  If only real life was like that.  "We're breaking up."  "Oh great idea!"

I thought this episode was cute. Once again, I don't take this seriously. (I also like to watch crappy teenage romcoms) I enjoy any episode with Burt in it. 

Naya looked so gorgeous. 

Blaine's side comments were hilarious this episode. ("I Think it's romantic" and "We could celebrate together every year." ) 

The Klaine stuff was weird. Like..okay..this is the *it* couple of the show. Regardless of issues or what not..this couple is what the show was building into. And really, their ending is a rushed side wedding? I expect poorly thought out writing from Glee..and watch for the laughs. But this was just beyond poorly bad writing. Still, Darren and Chris sell it. God Bless them. 

Naya looked so gorgeous. 

It bothered me that Quinn wasn't at their wedding. And not even a side comment about it. The third member of the unholy trinity should have been there. 

Naya looked so gorgeous. 

Amy Winehouse was a great pick for Brit/Santana/Kurt/Blaine. It fit all of their voices really well. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 2

They've shown Mercedes to be so fine with Sam and Rachel that it's starting to remind me of the episode of Friends, I think it's actually called "The One Where Ross is Fine", when he tells everyone how fine he is about Rachel and Joey.

If you want you can borrow my new head cannon wherein Mercedes has started dating functional adults, realized Sam is basically an albatross and is now aggressively pushing him on Rachel as a very belated (and awesome) revenge for West Side Story.

• Love 9

If you want you can borrow my new head cannon wherein Mercedes has started dating functional adults, realized Sam is basically an albatross and is now aggressively pushing him on Rachel as a very belated (and awesome) revenge for West Side Story.

Mmmhmm......I might be able to get with that. 

Kurt's old boyfriend's reaction to the breakup was as great as Karofsky.  If only real life was like that.  "We're breaking up."  "Oh great idea!"

LOL Mercedes, Karofsky and Water all rolled the red carpet for their exes to hook up with their OTL and become OTP. In Rachel's case she dodged the OTP bullet but who knows if Groff wasn't available at all. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

For all the inconsistencies in the characterization of Brittany, the show has been remarkably consistent when it comes to scenes between Santana and Brittany since Santana came out at the locker.  I mean very, very consistent.  Even with that chicken sacrifice bit, the dialogue between them stays the loving, considerate, able to comprehend the interiority wavelength.  So Santana marrying Brittany seems right.  Those two do seem to be the right match with a sexual attraction and an emotional connection. 

That is why the double wedding was jarring.  Blaine and Kurt just don't work together well.  They aren't convincing at being in love.  Blaine actually worked well with Dave and Kurt showed spark, for the first time, opposite Walter.  It isn't that I have not met couples like Blaine and Kurt.  It is that those couples never seemed to make it out of high school.  In a way, it reminds me of my earliest relationship in high school where it was more about I'm gay and he is gay and we share some of the same interests so why not date.  That doesn't seem to have been Glee's plan.  I think they really wanted to present the classic gay male soulmates couple and I guess for many people they will be. However, unlike Santana and Brittany where those two felt like each other's soulmate despite all their differences, Blaine and Kurt felt detached for all their similarities. 

So the double wedding was odd.  On one hand, where fans prodded the show's creators to get serious and take a throwaway joke and make Brittany and Santana a couple ultimately made sense and worked.  On the other hand, the coupling of Blaine and Kurt which was designed from the second season to be endgame seemed contrived when the show insisted on marrying them.  I am a bit torn on that latter development.  These two moving on without each other felt authentic and true.  Yet I wanted to see two men who were a popular couple marry each other and the fans of the couple to have that moment.  Ultimately the latter two points are more important.  I just wish the show would have done a better job with Kurt and Blaine.   

Edited by dohe
  • Love 6

I was bored. Nothing effing happened - things like weddings in TV shows are the decorative icing for us all to go "awww" and pat ourselves on the back for sticking with the show (or be on the look out for a scandal) - they're not the WHOLE EPISODE.

But this is Glee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked Britanna got hitched, that Burt officiated, that he and Carol have adorable banter, that Abuela came, that Gloria Estefan sang, that Blaine's mom is apparently one of the rich ladies Puck probably did while cleaning pools as his high school job (and will probably do before the night's out by the look of her with him on that dancefloor)... I was even stoked (albeit a bit confused by the sequencing) when Klaine got back together at the beginning of the episode (because I'm one of the few remaining who likes them).

But then.

Klaine got married one episode after being with different people.

Santana and Brittany's wedding somehow had to have gay boys in it because... i dunno Ryan Murphy can't stand not having his prizes all on display at once... whatever.

I just... I was happy being nostalgic and just watching the show roll down the hill to the end.

Why you gotta ruin things Glee?!

"We could have went"? Really, Tina? I guess the public school system really let you down.

If I never hear another cover of "At Last," it will still be too soon. It's not that Mercedes and Artie were bad by any stretch. It's just that the Etta James version is perfection and every other version pales in comparison.

Weird nitpick - when Santana was hugging her abuela before the wedding she was wearing a greyish nail polish, but later during the wedding ceremony she was wearing red nail polish (which you could clearly see when she and Brittany put their rings on each other). I'm really supposed to believe that Santana sat down with her hair and make up down and her veil and jewelry already on and got a manicure between those two scenes?

Kurt and Blaine don't have a marriage license right? So are they not legally married? Kurt and Blaine dated for how long and their parents never met (they were engaged!).
I'm sure Sue and Brittany took care of it for them. I don't think marriage licenses exist on tv anyway.

In the state of Indiana, both parties who are being married must apply for a marriage license in person at the county clerk's office, so there's no way that Santana, Brittany, or Sue could have taken care of that for them. But yeah, tv shows like to conveniently forget about marriage licenses for last minute weddings (exception: when it's a plot contrivance to keep a couple from getting married). If Blaine and Kurt were able to get to the county clerk's office some time between being ambushed in the barn and the beginning of the wedding, their marriage license would be valid the same day.

As for Kurt and Blaine's parents never meeting, I would be more willing to believe it if they were older (my parents met my sister's fiancé's parents the day before the wedding when we had a family lunch but that's because the two sets of parents live on opposite coasts and my sister and her fiancé met well after college). But since Kurt and Blaine were going to school together while living at home and dating each other, you'd think that their parents would have at least met at one of the many show choir competitions that their kids have been at over the years.

I was actually expecting more fighting between Brittany and Santana's mothers because of the very first scene of the episode where Mrs. Lopez tries to make the best of the barn idea and says that she can work with it and Mrs. Pierce says, "You'd better," and Mrs. Lopez gives her some serious side eye.

Did they really need to have Kurt running down the street to his OTP? Ugh. And I really couldn't stand some of the camera work and editing.

ITA - the camerawork was really bothering me too. Some of it was shaky jerky handheld camera work, some of it was the stupid "artistic" shots of the trees with lens flares intercut with Walter talking to Kurt, some of it was just stupid choices like cutting to Sue and then pushing in during the same shot two seconds later.

Walter was one of the only sane, mature people in this entire episode. Heh, that's probably because he is 60 but whatever. Although I hated that his speech motivated Kurt to run to Blaine, I agree with what he said in theory - don't waste your life pretending or hesitating, especially when it comes to love. Of course my caveat is that you don't need to run straight towards the guy who has cheated on your multiple times and wanted your first time to be in the back seat of a car in the parking lot of a bar.

Mike was the other voice of reason this week. We live in different cities and we aren't even dating so no, we shouldn't get engaged. Contrast that with Kurt and Blaine - we have broken up however many times, argue about things like towels, couldn't stomach living together, have trust issues (with good reason), and were both dating other people until, like, yesterday. But let's get married because some other people who we don't really like pressured us into it!

I feel so bad for Jenna. When the writers let Tina talk, they make her crazy, shrill/whiny, or humiliated. They managed to do all three in this episode. The scene where she asked why she was hauling hay bales and Kurt's response was "You volunteered to help," totally annoyed me. I was on Tina's side there. First of all, no one else in the barn was hauling hay bales in that scene, just Tina. Secondly, when I volunteer to help at any kind of event, I expect to be told in advance if I will be doing manual labor or need to wear grubby clothes. Third of all, Kurt being so snotty about it annoyed me. Just because she volunteered to help with the wedding doesn't mean that she should be the only one doing the hard work. If I were Tina, I would have told Kurt that I could hold the precious clipboard and he could move the damn hay bales himself.

Where was Bree? It was always her, Santana and Britney. Bree not being there was a big hole.

I have been watching Glee since the beginning and have seen every episode but I was like who the hell is Bree? I had to google her to remember she was that chick who dated Jake.

I was pretty annoyed at Santana completely dismissing Brittany not wanting to see each other in their dresses. Was she over doing the bad luck stuff, is it a silly old fashioned tradition? Yes of course it is, but how hard is it to just let her have that one thing? What kind of marriage will they have if she just dismisses Brittany because Santana knows best?

This really bothered me too. Not only was Santana completely dismissive of Brittany's superstition but then she was a condescending dictator about what was going to happen. "This was adorable but now I'm putting my foot down." Seriously? You couldn't humor her for a few more hours? For someone she proclaims to love so much, Santana doesn't respect Brittany's boundaries. Brittany wouldn't have been freaking out for half the episode if Santana hadn't violated their mutual agreement not to see each other's dresses before the wedding at the fashion show.

Every last time I was stuck being a bridesmaid in poorly fitting shoes that matched the napkins, I either ditched them or brought sneakers to change into later. Mercedes was smart. Points to her.

I always bring flip flops to weddings, whether I'm a bridesmaid or a guest. Sometimes my feet just hurt too much after 6-8 hours and I am too much of a germaphobe to go walking around barefoot in public.

I had to laugh when part of Santana's vows included her saying that she has been bullied. This coming from the person who has been bullying everyone since S1!

• Love 1
Of course my caveat is that you don't need to run straight towards the guy who has cheated on your multiple times and

What were the multiple times? I know I missed a bunch of S4 and S5 episodes but I still read the boards and to my knowledge, there was the sex with the Facebook hookup, at which point they broke up. Then they hooked up at Will and Emma's aborted wedding while Kurt was dating Adam so I'd say he was the one doing the cheating there. Then they got back together at the start of S5 and were together for most of the season. Then S6 had the flashback breakup and Blaine started dating Karofsky months after he and Kurt broke up. So when were the multiple times Blaine cheated on Kurt?

I was thinking about something from this episode today, and I was wondering if anyone had been confused by this as well.

So, Kurt is talking to Walter and Walter is assuming that he is going to the wedding with Kurt, but then Kurt says he's going with Blaine. Okay, but then we get Walter's big speech about not missing opportunities or something to that effect and then Kurt is running down the street to Blaine. What I'm confused by is that once Kurt arrives and declares his love, he asks Blaine to go to the wedding with him. Was the whole thing with Blaine supposed to be a flashback or happen immediately after his talk with Walter? Otherwise it makes no sense for Kurt to be asking Blaine to go with him after telling Walter they were going together. Yes these are the things that weigh heavy on my mind.

And a lot of the people that hate Blaine say he is a serial cheater because he cheated on Kurt then he kissed Kurt while he was with Dave. ( I still say that a kiss does not a cheater make.)

Edited by MizStaken
  • Love 1
Was the whole thing with Blaine supposed to be a flashback or happen immediately after his talk with Walter? Otherwise it makes no sense for Kurt to be asking Blaine to go with him after telling Walter they were going together.

That's a really good point.  When I watched it, I assumed Kurt asked Blaine happened after the talk with Walter, mainly because the talk was supposed to be inspirational, and it looks better if Kurt asked Walter first before pursuing another guy.  Maybe they should have rephased Kurt's statement to say, "I WANT to go with Blaine to the wedding".  Why was Kurt running anyway?  It wasn't like Blaine was about to leave the country.  

And a lot of the people that hate Blaine say he is a serial cheater because he cheated on Kurt then he kissed Kurt while he was with Dave. ( I still say that a kiss does not a cheater make.)

A kiss is totally cheating, but it is true that Blaine only cheated on Kurt once. He cheated on Karofsky by kissing Kurt, so he's cheated in relationships a couple of times now. Kurt wasn't perfect in his relationship with Blaine, but either way, Blaine totally isn't in a place to be getting married and neither was Kurt!  What is with this show and people getting married before they're legally allowed to drink?

Was the whole thing with Blaine supposed to be a flashback or happen immediately after his talk with Walter? Otherwise it makes no sense for Kurt to be asking Blaine to go with him after telling Walter they were going together. Yes these are the things that weigh heavy on my mind.

Wondered the same thing.  This stupid show.

Why was Kurt running anyway? It wasn't like Blaine was about to leave the country.

A When Harry Met Sally homage?

Yeah, it was stupid. And unnecessarily confusing. "I'm going with Blaine...except he doesn't know it yet." Run, Forrest, run!

Edited by indeed

I thought it was also strange for Kurt to ask if there was anyone else when he was standing in the apartment Blaine had been sharing with Dave. I get really confused by the timelines of this show because I'm sure the wedding didn't happen 2-3 weeks after Santana proposed.

I still wanted a Kurt proposal this time. Blaine deserved it but nooooooo, he's still the eager beaver.

I guess they didn't have time to fit in a Kurt finds out Blaine and Dave split scene. No, had to have time for Tina to drag hay bales and for Kurt to literally run to him (no car?), Considering the Klaine was one of the few major storylines of the season, why bother with that moment? Just cut to Blaine packing up and Kurt wondering if maybe he's onto someone else already because apparently Blaine held off on making any proclamations since Walter was still in the picture (and actually looking forward to going as Kurt's plus one to a wedding).

• Love 1

I liked this one. Even though they totally rushed/went OTT with having to have Kurt/Blaine also get back together/tie the knot, I did like the double wedding with them and Brittany/Santana as well.

Sue managed to use her whacky scheming for good this week but it seemed like Rachel, Will and Sheldon didn't really have too much to do.

The Troubletones with the mothers was a great moment. Nice version of I'm So Excited during the receptions.

They are pushing the Sam/Rachel thing a bit too much for my liking.

The Tina/Artie/Mike stuff was a little random but nice enough continuity to the past there.

Quinn's absence stood out like a sore thumb again.

Can't believe there's only five episodes left now, 8/10

I thought it was also strange for Kurt to ask if there was anyone else when he was standing in the apartment Blaine had been sharing with Dave. I get really confused by the timelines of this show because I'm sure the wedding didn't happen 2-3 weeks after Santana proposed.

I still wanted a Kurt proposal this time. Blaine deserved it but nooooooo, he's still the eager beaver.

Kurt probably wanted to check first if Blaine was still single after he and Dave split up, before asking him to date again. As that kinda backfired on Kurt the last time.

But lol, at the beginning of the episode Blaine was still packing up his (or Dave's?) things at the appartment, while Walter was planning getting suits together with Kurt for the wedding. And not

Not showing a scene in which Kurt finds out that Blaine and Dave broke up was sloppy, and very bad storytelling. You'd think they would give the one main couple left  a little more attention and a more solid build up.

But as this episode had Kurt and Blaine practically being forced into marriage on the spot by crazy Klainer Sue (who recently locked them up in an elevator for 2 days!) and Brittana (as Brittany suddenly can only be happy with Klaine married, like WTF?!) this missing scene is somewhere on the bottom of the list of my complaints about Klaine.

Blaine being the one to jump into the crazy idea of instant marriage first while Kurt is the one hesitating seems completely in character for both to me.

Blaine did plan to propose to Kurt when they weren't even together yet (and then did propose about a day after they got back together), and was also immediately for Tina asking Mike to marry her, finding it "romantic" and telling her to "grab the moment and run with it".  And it's only logical that Kurt, who was very hesitant right up till when Blaine's proposed in season 5, and broke up with him in New York because he thought them too young to marry, was trying to be the voice of reason now when ambushed before the wedding.

Tbh: no matter how I despise Klaine and therefore dreaded watching this episode, I could actually tolerate it for the exact reason that they didn't have Kurt propose to Blaine. I know that's what a lot of Klainers wanted, but it would be very OOC for Kurt imo.

Not that that whole pre-wedding scene and storyline made any sense anyway.

I've watched the episode, but haven't had time to put my thoughts in a post (yet?). If I simply forget how stupid the writing for Klaine but also partly for Brittana was, and focus on the singing and dancing instead, seeing characters I've missed (while otoh others are painfully obvious not there) having fun together, it's an okay episode. Everyone looked very handsome in their suits and dresses, the brides were absolutely beautiful, and I'm always here for Harry Shum's dancing, so there's that.

But yeah, it did take turning of the biggest part of my brain to be able to just enjoy the pretty. 

Like I said they couln't pull the trigger and have Kurt propose.

It took a village of demented people to drag Kurt to the ceremony so I consider that a triumph. Those Klaine therapists are pulling out their hair.

Edited by caracas1914

Glee is just so stupid. Not wanting to die--and not wanting people you love and/or like or really just know--to be dead, doesn't make you compatible enough to be married.

That'll be a conversation-stopper at an elegant dinner party some day: "so, Kurt, how did you and Blaine come to be married?"

"Oh, it's the age old story: boy meets boy, boy cheats on boy, boy's dad dangles dead mom in front of him, boy proposes to boy he's not dating, boy loses boy yet again, boy asks boy to wedding where dead mom and dead step-brother are dangled, boy backed into corner and succumbs to pressure to marry. Bacon-wrapped scallop anyone?"

• Love 5

It felt, to me at least, like the Klaine wedding as just thrown in to shut a rather noisy segment of the fandom up and in reality, the fans that wanted to see Kurt and Blaine married got the bare minimum of what they were demanding. Kurt didn't bend over backwards to try to get Blaine's back (in fact, once he found that Blaine and Dave were living together, he stopped trying pretty much altogether). Kurt dated someone else. Kurt didn't propose.

The Klaine wedding, rather than being an epic event as tacked onto someone else's storyline and seemed very much an afterthought.

• Love 3

Based on how they wrote Klaine this season, and especially how they wrote "their" wedding (I use "their" very loosely), I kind of feel like the writers don't even like Klaine, as a ship anymore, and the only reason they got thrown into the Brittana wedding was to give the shippers what they want, without having to actually write anything. It makes me think that if Klaine didn't have such a loud, demanding, entitled fandom, their breakup would have lasted for the rest of the series.

• Love 7

^ I agree. They did the bare minimum with Klaine, and added some ugly twists that took the enjoyment out of Klaine for a lot of their fans, except for the most fanatic ones.

Like I said they couln't pull the trigger and have Kurt propose.

At least they let him keep that last dignity.

It's all so fucked up.

Kurt got peer pressured at Blaine’s very public proposal after only have gotten back together  the day before, and now he gets pressured into a wedding after only have gotten back together with Blaine again. Because that worked out so well the first time.
But what really irked me was how Kurt (and the audience?) once again was emotionally manipulated by being reminded not only of his dead mother (like the proposal), but also almost losing his dad and getting bashed, and especially Finn's death (really, Glee?). Glee's message: you better get married at 20-21 without being in a stable relationship (and that’s an understatement when it comes to Klaine) because death is always just around the corner. Three cheers for the happy couple!

And Brittany looking up to Klaine and wanting them to get married? Like wut? Brittany was already having sex with Santana for a year and ready to proudly go public with her love before Klaine even got together. Having it look like Klaine paved the way for Brittana when the girls were together long before Blaine even appeared on the show is a blatant retcon, and quite disrespectful to the pairing and their fans.

Is Klaine’s marriage even legal, as it’s impossible to get a marriage licence for someone else, right? So how did Brittany manage to do that?

Also Blaine: “these last few months without you have been really [bad/difficult?]” were when you were happily dating and living together with Karofsky, so kindly shut up.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 5

And Brittany looking up to Klaine and wanting them to get married? Like wut? Brittany was already having sex with Santana for a year and ready to proudly go public with her love before Klaine even got together. Having it look like Klaine paved the way for Brittana when the girls were together long before Blaine even appeared on the show is a blatant retcon, and quite disrespectful to the pairing and their fans.

Yeah, Brittany has never been in any kind of closet ever. Before she even knew who Blaine was, she was encouraging Santana to be herself and tell everyone she's gay. She wanted to sing that duet in Duets, and she wanted to ask her to prom on Fondue for Two.

My headcanon is that Brittany struck a deal with Sue, that if Sue could get Santana's abuela to come to the wedding, Brittany would convince Klaine to get married. So she used any kind of excuse she could think of to prop their relationship and get them to the altar, even if it was a blatant lie.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 5

My headcanon is that Brittany struck a deal with Sue, that if Sue could get Santana's abuela to come to the wedding, Brittany would convince Klaine to get married. So she used any kind of excuse she could think of to prop their relationship and get them to the altar, even if it was a blatant lie.

That would make more sense than what we got, lol.

Also: why would Klaine listen to Sue of all people? After all that she's done to them: the bear, interrupting their dates with Dave and Walter, and especially locking them up and forcing them to kiss.

Kurt even mentioned the elevator trap when Sue asked them to come with her, and they still followed her!

I kind of feel like the writers don't even like Klaine, as a ship anymore, and the only reason they got thrown into the Brittana wedding was to give the shippers what they want, without having to actually write anything.

It wasn't even a bare minimum.

Look, all you need for a wedding episode to make shippers squee is a scene where the couple renews their commitment to each other and decides to get married.  Then you have a cheezy romantic ceremony.  It's not rocket science we are talking about.  They didn't give the Klaine a single scene alone talking to each other.

It does look like they were actually on board with Brittana, as they did get focus and some  moments with friends/family and themselves talking to each other.   The Klaine of it all was trying at the last moment  to fit a square peg into a round hole.

• Love 1

Well, part of the problem with having a Klaine centric wedding is that they'd have to flesh out Blaine in ways that the show doesn't want to do. We'd have to be introduced to his family, see interactions with Kurt and Blaine's family. Have another wedding set up.  ect..Blaine has been Kurt's prop the entire show..the only way for them to have their own moment and still not take away from the main Rachel story line was to have them elope.. 

I mean, it was still ridiculous writing, but they backed themselves in a corner with the way they treated these characters from the get go. 

• Love 1

They could've eloped...after showing them having a conversation or two about their issues and why marriage would seem to be the thing to do at this point. They could have avoided the whole big wedding and family interactions, but the two people getting married should have had some meaningful interactions instead of filler/drama crap. Maybe there will be a reason why Blaine and Kurt just had to be married in episode 8 for the rest of the episodes to work, but this just seemed like the writers just wanting to get it over with already.

Maybe there will be a reason why Blaine and Kurt just had to be married in episode 8 for the rest of the episodes to work, but this just seemed like the writers just wanting to get it over with already.

Doubt it. There was no reason to break them up this season to begin with, nothing was gained except for totally meaningless drama and unleashing Sue. Kurt's a prop for Rachel in the GC arc, and prop for the Klaine whatever that is - I won't call it story because it doesn't meet my requirements for  storytelling. Now they are married, so the only active arc will be the GC one, which doesn't depend on the marriage arc.

I just watched back Hey Ya and I'm So Excited. They're bad but in a good way.

Why on Earth did they only have that great dance routine for the first half. It should've just been Mike and the girls who could dance. Bringing everyone on to the floor was not good, the dance routine was the only good thing about the wedding. And how can this show not film dance routines well? I don't want to see the singer, I don't want to see those watching, I want to see the dancers, all of them, not just their top half.

I'm So Excited is just a hilarious train wreck!

I suspect whatever Klaine is left is to prop up Glee Choir/Rachel SL, ie Dalton burning down and combining the Glee clubs.  I would be surprised if they get any more focus at this point other than the (probably) one minute flash forward in the last episode to show them fabulous and successful in NY.

Guessing it's all about Rachel and  the New Noobs  the last five episodes I suspect.  All  the other regulars stories' per these writers, have been told and wrung out.

Doubt it. There was no reason to break them up this season to begin with, nothing was gained except for totally meaningless drama and unleashing Sue. Kurt's a prop for Rachel in the GC arc, and prop for the Klaine whatever that is - I won't call it story because it doesn't meet my requirements for storytelling. Now they are married, so the only active arc will be the GC one, which doesn't depend on the marriage arc.

I doubt it, too, but maybe we'll be subjected to Blaine and Kurt adjusting to married life for the remainder of the Klaine arc. No, probably what caracas1914 said. Edited by indeed

I'll forgive the show a lot if the final episode has Kurt and Blaine signing divorce papers when they wake up and realize that, yeah, this was a mistake. Or maybe getting an annulment.

Mike Chang FTW.

Also, Tina wants to be a vet, right? She probably won't even be through school and established in her practice by 30. That's really not an "old maid" age when you're going for the letters Dr. in front of your name!