Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: A Wedding

Tara Ariano

Well, part of the problem with having a Klaine centric wedding is that they'd have to flesh out Blaine in ways that the show doesn't want to do. We'd have to be introduced to his family, see interactions with Kurt and Blaine's family. Have another wedding set up.  ect..Blaine has been Kurt's prop the entire show..the only way for them to have their own moment and still not take away from the main Rachel story line was to have them elope.. 

I mean, it was still ridiculous writing, but they backed themselves in a corner with the way they treated these characters from the get go. 

Only as far as he was introduced on the show because of Kurt. In Season 4 he was propping Sam, or Blam were mutually propping each other; there was no Blaine propping Kurt as far as I can remember. As far as this season goes, I don't see where the propping of Kurt is exactly - if anything, both are propping the Klaine. If Burt wasn't dusted out to officiate in this episode, no one would know that Kurt had a parent either. And there's no way Kurt would've agreed to an impromptu wedding in a barn with gifted rings and suits and sharing it with another couple, if he were true to character.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I agree that this year neither character, Kurt or Blaine, as individuals matter. It's all about feeding, as Chris put it, the Klaine Kracken.

It was so weird, that the show seemed to go out of their way to snub Klaine in the big double Gay wedding. I mean, they threw in finally after five years an Anderson parent (the mom) just so Blaine didn't have any lines with her, it was admittedly too little too late so the writers seemed to throw their hands up and say 'why bother?".

Brittanys parents even the humor fell flat, but even so, the focus on Brittana was nice to see and Santana and Brittany looked beautiful in all the wedding scenes.

Brittanys parents even the humor fell flat, but even so, the focus on Brittana was nice to see and Santana and Brittany looked beautiful in all the wedding scenes.

This reminded me that I read elsewhere from a supposed extra on the set that Ken Jeong's wedding speech was a lot longer (apparently he thinks it's a joint birthday party for the four of them at one point) - maybe they just left in the wrong bit.  

I thought Jennifer Coolidge was great in her delivery (regardless of whether the lines were always funny).  I did laugh when she said 'My husband is in the bathroom and he missed the vows!'

It felt, to me at least, like the Klaine wedding as just thrown in to shut a rather noisy segment of the fandom up and in reality, the fans that wanted to see Kurt and Blaine married got the bare minimum of what they were demanding. Kurt didn't bend over backwards to try to get Blaine's back (in fact, once he found that Blaine and Dave were living together, he stopped trying pretty much altogether). Kurt dated someone else. Kurt didn't propose.

The Klaine wedding, rather than being an epic event as tacked onto someone else's storyline and seemed very much an afterthought.

Base on all the meta the writers have been throwing out in regard to Klaine in the past few episodes, I don't know why we are surprise that this is the way the writers handed Klainers the wedding they demanded.

The last few episodes have made me wonder whether the writers really care/love Klaine relationships or do they dislike but because that fanbase is so big and loud, they have decided to just concede defeat and give them what they want. But they did it in a way that makes Klaine's wedding/relationship seems stupid.

So the meta was the writers showing their dislike for Klaine and Sue/Brittany represent the Klainers. 

• Love 2

Am I the only person that noticed that Gina Gershon grabbed Gloria Estefan's butt during I'm So Excited?  It was during the line "show me some affection." 

I thought the party scenes were lot's of fun because people were doing goofy things like real people do at weddings especially where there is a lot of drinking.  At one point Carol is shaking her head and doing funny faces cracking up the people near her. 

I'm with the ones that thought cramming Klaine in was not fair to Brittanna but I can get over it because I thought the emotions of most of the episode were right.  There was a lot of for lack of a better word naturalistic acting going on and I couldn't help but think that the actors' real feelings were spilling into the scenes because this must have been one of the last days they would be having together and they all knew it.  I think I was seeing real people enjoying a real party just like when we saw real people crying for Corey when they were filming crying for Finn.  No matter what WE feel about Glee there has to be a lot going on emotionally if you've been IN Glee for years working with people and getting to know them and enjoying thier company and knowing that is rapidly coming to an end.  THe days spent recording this was probably the last time many of these people will ever see each other. 

Edited by MDKNIGHT
  • Love 1

I'm also mad that they tried to throw Finn's death in there as a reason Klaine should get together. Did they forget that Finn was the only one who stood up for Kurt and called Blaine out on the cheating back in season 4?!

Funny you mention that, because I always had the suspicion that if Monteith didn't die, Klaine would not have been so upfront as it's been the last two seasons. Because the sloppy, rushed writing for these two feel exactly like it was slapped together to force a wedding, like I'm sure TIIC would have done with Finchel.

If RM is to be believed he didn't plan on Finn/Rachel getting married, just having a rushed reunion in the last 5 minutes of the show.  I know the dude lies but I actually think he was telling the truth there because that would have let him keep the choir room throughout the series without compromising Rachel's rise to stardom.   The real question is would he have gotten his way?  I think it is probable the show was going down to one narrative, Cory or no Cory, last season but I think even if they did that Finn/Rachel wouldn't have reunited until the last 5 minutes of the series.

That isn't to say I don't think Cory's passing didn't affect Kurt/Blaine.  I think with his passing Kurt/Blaine went from being Chandler/Monica (the couple who works through their problems) to Ross/Rachel (the couple who gets the slapped together reunion) and Brittany/Santana went from not being an "endgame" couple at all  to being Chandler/Monica.  Either way, though, I think it was always in the cards for Kurt/Blaine to marry.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

That isn't to say I don't think Cory's passing didn't affect Kurt/Blaine.  I think with his passing Kurt/Blaine went from being Chandler/Monica (the couple who works through their problems) to Ross/Rachel (the couple who gets the slapped together reunion)

But Kurt and Blaine weren't ever really shown as working through their problems. RIB+ wrote the Beatles tribute episode before Cory died, and in that, Klaine got back together and engaged within a single episode. And I'm not sure Kurt and Blaine ever really did work through their Season 4 problems, although I could be wrong, because I blocked out about 90% of what I saw that season. 

I think Kurt and Blaine, as a ship, have been pretty terribly written since season 3. And this terrible last-minute, 5-seconds-after-getting-together wedding was just the culmination of the endgame for a terribly written ship, made to keep shippers relatively happy.

• Love 6

That isn't to say I don't think Cory's passing didn't affect Kurt/Blaine.  I think with his passing Kurt/Blaine went from being Chandler/Monica (the couple who works through their problems) to Ross/Rachel (the couple who gets the slapped together reunion) and Brittany/Santana went from not being an "endgame" couple to being Chandler/Monica.  Either way, though, I think it was always in the cards for Kurt/Blaine to marry.

I've never watched friends, so I don't get the references, but I too think that the forced disappearance of Finn definitely affected Klaine and Brittana because they were the only important couples left, so they got more focus ultimately.I highly doubt that with Finn and Finchel around Brittana would've gotten as much focus this season, for example. But it affected them differently: I think they had more interest in Klaine so they actually made the effort to give them storylines and conflict, but the storylines sucked because this is Glee. Because they never cared much for Brittana when they no longer knew what to do with them, they just slapped them together with little effort and just gave them corny lines. Even the abuela storyline was left over from back in the day, and getting married is a non story... you just get married. So no effort there. Ironically, Brittana definitely ended up wining, though.

IMO.

This season Brittana had a coherent storyline, with speeches, conflicts (with other people) and conflict resolutions handled better than ever. Kurt/Blaine were just a writing disaster. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 3

I think if it hadn't been for Cory's death Brittana would have stayed apart and just been a high school romance. The two long term couples would've been Finchel and Klaine.

And Wemma. They were a core couple up until season 4.

I think if it hadn't been for Cory's death Brittana would have stayed apart and just been a high school romance. The two long term couples would've been Finchel and Klaine.

Exactly with Finn/Rachel getting the slapped together reunion while Kurt/Blaine would have been the steady couple.  Sure there would have been ups and downs but I don't think they would have broken up again after their engagement.

But Kurt and Blaine weren't ever really shown as working through their problems. RIB+ wrote the Beatles tribute episode before Cory died, and in that, Klaine got back together and engaged within a single episode. And I'm not sure Kurt and Blaine ever really did work through their Season 4 problems, although I could be wrong, because I blocked out about 90% of what I saw that season.

What I mean by that is they would have stayed together versus the back & forth they got.  That back & forth would have been left to Finn/Rachel.

Edited by camussie

I've never watched friends, so I don't get the references, but I too think that the forced disappearance of Finn definitely affected Klaine and Brittana because they were the only important couples left, so they got more focus ultimately.I highly doubt that with Finn and Finchel around Brittana would've gotten as much focus this season, for example. But it affected them differently: I think they had more interest in Klaine so they actually made the effort to give them storylines and conflict, but the storylines sucked because this is Glee. Because they never cared much for Brittana when they no longer knew what to do with them, they just slapped them together with little effort and just gave them corny lines. Even the abuela storyline was left over from back in the day, and getting married is a non story... you just get married. So no effort there. Ironically, Brittana definitely ended up wining, though.

IMO.

Replied in All Episodes Thread.

Finally had some time to write down a few thoughts about the episode:

The Klaine storyline was seriously messed up, but I got most of that out of my system already in a previous post.
I can only conclude that the writers messed up Klaine this season and their reunion on purpose, as even they aren’t that stupid, and there was enough meta in the past episodes to show they know darn well how they’re screwing with Klaine and their fans.

I’m not a Brittana fan, but their wedding and dresses were lovely, and you could see throughout the episode that they are very much in love. Naya and Heather really sold that.

I also liked Santana’s reconciliation scene with her abuela. I appreciated how everything wasn’t completely solved and okay, but that they’re both willing to put that aside them now for the wedding. Excellent acted by Naya and Ivonne Coll.

The guest stars were nice, but very badly used. Brittany’s parents had cringeworthy dialogue and just weren’t funny. I did however find Blaine’s mom being a drunk and hitting on Puck very funny. And it was great to see Gloria Estefan again, and singing this time!

But there were so many people missing at the wedding without ane explanation: Quinn, Blaine’s dad, Cooper, Santana’s dad, Brittany’s sister, Emma (although she could have panicked about having a wedding in a barn). Quinn not being there at least deserved some explanation on the show, it was weird not having her mentioned at all.

On the other hand the memory of Finn was hanging heavily in that barn, with Kurt being told to cease the day and marry the bowtie manchild because just look at his poor dead stepbrother (and mom), and Sam and Rachel not daring to sit or dance together to spare Burt and Carole’s feelings until they got their parental nod of approval.
Imo there could have been much, much better ways to remember Finn on the show than to use him to push and prop up 2 ships, bah.

I don’t really get the purpose of Tina proposing to Mike. Was it only to make fun of Tina even more? But Mike was very kind to her, and so was Artie.
So… was it just another storyline of guys telling a girl what to do? Or was it simply to give Mike some focus? Or was it the writers shading their own obsession of high school couples marrying too young and too quickly?

Burt’s speech was too much of a PSA, while the couples’ vows were OTT sugary sweet, too embarrassing for even a 12 year old first attempt at fanfic. I read that some of the actors couldn’t keep from laughing having to say their lines, and I honestly don’t blame them.

Also a big ugh at all of the ship names being mentioned in the episode, and on top of that the OTP caps.

The reactions of Klaine when they saw their moms dancing during ‘I’m So Excited’ were funny though, and it was also nice to see them dancing with their moms on ‘Heya’.

But how can it be that Blaine’s mom, Pam, and Carole hadn't even met before the wedding, even though Kurt and Blaine have known each other for 4+ years and were engaged a long time! And yet, Brittana somehow did know Blaine's mom well enough to invite her to her wedding, which makes no sense at all.

And not only that: the moms also all got matching dresses with the Troubletones for ‘Im So Excited’ (a song which they must have rehearsed or at least talked over the phone about, right?) but yet two of them didn't even know one another before the wedding and were not expecting their sons to get married so why would they be in the song in the first place! (unless everyone was in on the Klaine ambush plan)

Seeing the characters/cast members having fun in the background and on the dance floor was nice, and totally saved the episode for me.
I could watch this cast having fun or simply sitting together for hours: it sure would be better than what the writers give us each week.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 2

Finally had some time to write down a few thoughts about the episode:

The Klaine storyline was seriously messed up, but I got most of that out of my system already in a previous post.

I can only conclude that the writers messed up Klaine this season and their reunion on purpose, as even they aren’t that stupid, and there was enough meta in the past episodes to show they know darn well how they’re screwing with Klaine and their fans.

I’m not a Brittana fan, but their wedding and dresses were lovely, and you could see throughout the episode that they are very much in love. Naya and Heather really sold that.

I also liked Santana’s reconciliation scene with her abuela. I appreciated how everything wasn’t completely solved and okay, but that they’re both willing to put that aside them now for the wedding. Excellent acted by Naya and Ivonne Coll.

The guest stars were nice, but very badly used. Brittany’s parents had cringeworthy dialogue and just weren’t funny. I did however find Blaine’s mom being a drunk and hitting on Puck very funny. And it was great to see Gloria Estefan again, and singing this time!

But there were so many people missing at the wedding without ane explanation: Quinn, Blaine’s dad, Cooper, Santana’s dad, Brittany’s sister, Emma (although she could have panicked about having a wedding in a barn). Quinn not being there at least deserved some explanation on the show, it was weird not having her mentioned at all.

On the other hand the memory of Finn was hanging heavily in that barn, with Kurt being told to cease the day and marry the bowtie manchild because just look at his poor dead stepbrother (and mom), and Sam and Rachel not daring to sit or dance together to spare Burt and Carole’s feelings until they got their parental nod of approval.

Imo there could have been much, much better ways to remember Finn on the show than to use him to push and prop up 2 ships, bah.

I don’t really get the purpose of Tina proposing to Mike. Was it only to make fun of Tina even more? But Mike was very kind to her, and so was Artie.

So… was it just another storyline of guys telling a girl what to do? Or was it simply to give Mike some focus? Or was it the writers shading their own obsession of high school couples marrying too young and too quickly?

Burt’s speech was too much of a PSA, while the couples’ vows were OTT sugary sweet, too embarrassing for even a 12 year old first attempt at fanfic. I read that some of the actors couldn’t keep from laughing having to say their lines, and I honestly don’t blame them.

Also a big ugh at all of the ship names being mentioned in the episode, and on top of that the OTP caps.

The reactions of Klaine when they saw their moms dancing during ‘I’m So Excited’ were funny though, and it was also nice to see them dancing with their moms on ‘Heya’.

But how can it be that Blaine’s mom, Pam, and Carole hadn't even met before the wedding, even though Kurt and Blaine have known each other for 4+ years and were engaged a long time! And yet, Brittana somehow did know Blaine's mom well enough to invite her to her wedding, which makes no sense at all.

And not only that: the moms also all got matching dresses with the Troubletones for ‘Im So Excited’ (a song which they must have rehearsed or at least talked over the phone about, right?) but yet two of them didn't even know one another before the wedding and were not expecting their sons to get married so why would they be in the song in the first place! (unless everyone was in on the Klaine ambush plan)

Seeing the characters/cast members having fun in the background and on the dance floor was nice, and totally saved the episode for me.

I could watch this cast having fun or simply sitting together for hours: it sure would be better than what the writers give us each week.

I didn't watch the episode but heard as well how Finn was used. These damn writers are the shittiest. Rachel was none to concerned about Finn when she took Sam up to her bedroom the same room in which she had slept with Finn or that she removed all of his pictures like he NEVER existed at all to her. So why now does she need yet again someone else's approval to be with Sam? My gosh the fact that they had Mercedes pushing this trash trying to make everyone get on board they now use Finn and the blessings of his mother as well. When you have to try this hard to make your viewers get on board with a pairing maybe the premise of that pairing should have NEVER happened.

And guilt tripping Kurt. Yeah that's exactly how you want to start out a marriage. Disregard all your past grievances and jump head first into a marriage without even discussing them.

I can understand why Burt and Carole was there since he was officiating the wedding and Brittany parents as well as Santana's relatives but why was Blaine's mom there? As stated I didn't watch the episode and wasn't sure if it was stated as to why she was or not. 

• Love 1

Two of my good friends have been together about 8 years since Sophomore year of HS, and their parents had only just met last year for the first time. So it's not too shocking to me that Carole and Blaine's mom had never met. Although granted, I was shocked when I found out my friends' parents had never met.

Again, I'm having to headcanon bc it's Glee. But, I think Blaine's mom was there because her name is Pam Anderson. And Brittany sent her an invite thinking she's the other Pam Anderson. If you look at the guest list in 606, there are a bunch of random famous people on there: Eric Bana, Johnny Weir, Joan Baez, etc. 

• Love 2

Again, I'm having to headcanon bc it's Glee. But, I think Blaine's mom was there because her name is Pam Anderson. And Brittany sent her an invite thinking she's the other Pam Anderson. If you look at the guest list in 606, there are a bunch of random famous people on there: Eric Bana, Johnny Weir, Joan Baez, etc. 

Wow, okay thanks!

I can understand why Burt and Carole was there since he was officiating the wedding and Brittany parents as well as Santana's relatives but why was Blaine's mom there? As stated I didn't watch the episode and wasn't sure if it was stated as to why she was or not. 

Nobody bothered to explain, but since Brittany and Sue brought tuxedos and rings as well, maybe Brittany invited her as part of her secret plan to marry him and Kurt.

The real question for me where were Santana's and Blaine's fathers.

Nobody bothered to explain, but since Brittany and Sue brought tuxedos and rings as well, maybe Brittany invited her as part of her secret plan to marry him and Kurt.

The real question for me where were Santana's and Blaine's fathers.

With Blaine's brother and Brittany's sister.

The parents never made sense.    None of them ever went to the glee club competitions most were not at their graduations and even Bway dads were absent from Rachel's Opening Night. . 

I was pretty annoyed at Santana completely dismissing Brittany not wanting to see each other in their dresses. Was she over doing the bad luck stuff, is it a silly old fashioned tradition? Yes of course it is, but how hard is it to just let her have that one thing? What kind of marriage will they have if she just dismisses Brittany because Santana knows best?

I think it's pretty much established that, if Santana is in your life in any capacity, she knows best.  Just ask her!  It's her role in life to call the shots for everyone, all the time.

Also re: Santana, in her speech about the OTP caps she referred to people who didn't know what that meant as "basics."  I've never heard that term before; what does it mean?

I think it's pretty much established that, if Santana is in your life in any capacity, she knows best.  Just ask her!  It's her role in life to call the shots for everyone, all the time.

Also re: Santana, in her speech about the OTP caps she referred to people who didn't know what that meant as "basics."  I've never heard that term before; what does it mean?

You must have missed it because she said it in the scene (yeah, they went there) - one true pair. It's a shipping fandom term that's been around for a while (longer than Glee, I mean). 

Edited by fakeempress

Last week Finn didn't exist on Rachel's high school memory wall. This week she won't sit or dance with Sam until Finn's mom nods approval. Makes all the sense in the world.

Finn was in some of the group pictures that were on Rachel's memory wall.

That Finn existed in the group pictures seems like splitting hairs to me.  The point is that a person who was central to her high school experience was represented on that wall as if he was just some dude in the chorus while a person who she wasn't close to at all was front and center.  They switched Finn's & Sam's places in her high school experience last week and then had Rachel worried about how Carol would react to her dating again this week.  That is a big disconnect in the writing,

Edited by camussie
  • Love 7

Putting aside the whole lack of Finn last week for whatever reasons Rachel/the show had, that doesn't mean Rachel can't still be sensitive to Carol's feelings when publically showing that she is moving on.

• Love 1
Putting aside the whole lack of Finn last week for whatever reasons Rachel/the show had, that doesn't mean Rachel can't still be sensitive to Carol's feelings when publically showing that she is moving on.

Yes, but the dichotomy of not mentioning/referencing  Finn when it screams for it.   I mean memories of high school and nothing about her boyfriend, and than making a direct reference to  Finchel  in order to feed the Samchel SL , (which hopefully will die out as the fuck buddy non  endgame) is beyond distracting.

Yep.  It seems the sole purpose of the lack of Finn last week and the reference to Finn/Rachel this week was to service the Sam/Rachel whatever it is.  It wasn't about Rachel moving forward near as much as it was about first rewriting history to say Rachel/Sam were much closer in high school than they actually were and then getting Finn's seal of approval (via Carol's proxy) for their romance.  Much like Mercedes being Sam/Rachel's biggest cheerleader has no real basis in their S5 story but rather is there to service Sam/Rachel's romance.  

Rachel moving forward needed to happen but the way Glee has approached (focusing on the Sam-ness of it all) has been frustrating.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

My head cannon is that Rachel took down all of her Finn/Finchel photos because it was too painful for her to look at them everyday and that she put up more Sam ones as her crush for him developed. Bearing in mind that she has been living in that bedroom since her return Lima and has likely rearranged her room quite a lot since she was last there as a high school senior. Just thinking of how my own family home bedroom has changed over the years has I grew up and changed tastes. Including takeing down my school prom photos replacing them with university freshers week ones during that Christmas.

Rachel moving forward needed to happen but the way Glee has approached (focusing on the Sam-ness of it all) has been frustrating.

That to me was directly due to Ryan needing to keep, in his words, Sam/Chord OVerstreet "storyline heavy."

• Love 1

It feels like she can't move on properly, like she needs have Mercedes and Carole tell her it's okay, she's with someone who is basically Finn-lite and she has to big him up in her own mind.

As badly as the Rachel/Brody SL ended, it was much better in that Rachel; was choosing to move forward in her life beyond Finn  in NY/NYADA.  Say what you will about Season 4 Rachel, but she was doing things on her own.   Though I still wish we saw her ":Glass Menagerie" audition.

• Love 2

They acknowledged Finn far more grievously in this episode with the Klaine than in order to prop up Samchel. MMV but Rachel remembering Finn again didn't bother me so much as him being totally glossed over last week. (Even the group photos didn't stand out as far as Finn presence on her board, IMO.). And if Rachel didn't consider Carol's feelings at all and just continued merrily moving on? I just think last week's episode was the problem, not so much how former Finchel was handled this week.

In both cases (not having Finn's picture and Rachel being worried about how Carol feels) it seems the sole purpose of the lack of Finn/the reference of Finn/Rachel was to service the Sam/Rachel whatever it is.

I figured somewhere between working on 607 and 608,

they locked in Groff to appear

, hence the 135th about face.  (Is that a spoiler?)

Edited by Myrna123
My head cannon is that Rachel took down all of her Finn/Finchel photos because it was too painful for her to look at them everyday and that she put up more Sam ones as her crush for him developed.

Rachel said she hadn't touched the wall.  

And if Rachel didn't consider Carol's feelings at all and just continued merrily moving on? I just think last week's episode was the problem, not so much how former Finchel was handled this week.

This week would have been fine on its own but it was such a jarring disconnect from last week that what should have been a very touching moment was a bit off.  Adding in Mercedes being a Sam/Rachel cheerleader again to set the moment up made it even more off.  Off as in the focus has been more about Sam than about Rachel moving forward and I think that should have been switched - to me who Rachel moves forward with should be secondary to the fact that she is moving forward.  

They acknowledged Finn far more grievously in this episode with the Klaine than in order to prop up Samchel

I hated how they used Finn in the Kurt/Blaine story.  I loved Finn but his main character flaw was that he let his insecurities keep him from living life to the fullest.  It was only in his very last episode that he seemed finally to be on his way to moving past those.  Maybe Carol meant Finn's death taught her that but she said she learned that from Finn.

Edited by camussie
to me who Rachel moves forward with should be secondary to the fact that she is moving forward.

Exactly.   However propping up Sam as this fabricated  High school pseudo  crush is just bizarre.  They rarely spoke in HS and Rachel dipping her toes in the dating pool could have been interesting...

It's worse with Sam because he reeks of  "pair him up with anyone" prop boy.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 5

Wow that was a boring, badly written episode! I watched about 70% of it and ffwd'd thru the rest. The only parts I really enjoyed were:

The scene with Mike and Tina; & the one with Artie and Tina.

"At Last"

The healthy relationship between Burt & Carole.

Watching the background action in the crowd scenes (Blaine's embarrassment at his mother's behavior; Puck & Blaine's mom; people just having goofy fun.)

Sugar!

Lea's performance in the episode. She didn't have many scenes but she did them well.

I really do think that the writers managed to gave the fanatical portion of Klainer fandom what they were demanding but at the same time they sneakily didn't. The reunion was rushed, unbelievable and Klaine were totally lacking in chemistry. So yes, Blaine and Kurt got married but more as a throwaway afterthought.

I've noticed the more reasonable portion of Klainedom have voiced concerns about Kurt and Blaine as a couple. Some have even said they no longer wanted them to reunite at all and had given up shipping them. However, there still remains the deluded, crazy portion of Klainers that can rationalize that white is black and black is white and down is up and up is down.

Maybe I am OCD, but this is my nitpick. While everybody was dressing up and being handsome and pretty, Puck just went and disrespecting his U.S. Air Force uniform.

I'm in the military, and oh boy.

For one, dress uniforms (which that wasn't) are authorized at weddings for those in the wedding party. Per the instruction one should ask permission from their chain of command to do so,but that one is often overlooked.

Two, those pushed up sleeves? Just no. I work in Engineering in the Navy where we're often in coveralls at the bottom of the ship, and even we can't have such sloppy ass sleeves like that, much less in the Air Force, where more folks are more viable. That's the uniform that recruiters wear, FFS.

• Love 1

As much as I love to mock Glee for getting things wrong, shows with military uniform consultants have made massive mistakes with them. Unless you are military and live that lifestyle, it's really hard to get that right. They messed up, but it's one of the more understandable messes they made. 

I'm more interested in pointing and laughing (Cooper has to be involved somehow in this mess of a wedding in spirit) that there's almost no way the Klaine side of this was legal. Sure, the state they were in recognizes same sex marriages, but not ones without licenses. When you decide to have a ceremony ten minutes before the wedding, there's not time to hop over to the county offices from a barn in the middle of wherever to get all the legalities handled. Sure, they do same day ones, but you have to actually get yourself to the clerk's office with your driver's license to get one. This is going to either save them a ton or cost them unfathomable amounts in the inevitable divorce. Depends how ugly it is.

• Love 1

That doesn't even bother me either. They can go to the court house  in Indiana and get license and get official after the ceremony.    It usually is just paperwork and a  official signature. 

It's not hard, but they were stupid enough to marry ten minutes after getting back together. Do you really think they thought to run off to the county clerk's office and make it legal? They barely wiped the protein stains from their exes off their clothes before going to this wedding with each other.

• Love 2

It's not hard, but they were stupid enough to marry ten minutes after getting back together. Do you really think they thought to run off to the county clerk's office and make it legal? They barely wiped the protein stains from their exes off their clothes before going to this wedding with each other.

In my head, the next scene has been either them sitting in their car outside of the county clerk's office or, if TIIC must, standing at the counter inside. They look at each other, shake their heads, and drive back to Ohio.

Don't even care whether they decide down the road that it's true love. The scenario played out on the screen was simply nuts and a recipe for heartbreak.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3