Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: A Wedding

Tara Ariano

So after previously throwing Burt, Sue, and Karofsky under the bus - in this episode they ruined Britt, Santana, Carole, and Walter by forcing them to be Klaine shippers. Awful. Kurt's been living in the shadows? Yeah, he's been pushed into Blaine's shadow for the past several seasons.

Thankfully the majority of the episode was Brittana-centric. They got the majority of the pre-wedding stuff, the actual wedding was all theirs, and they got all the inside jokes (Sugar, the Troubletones, "Hey Ya").

• Love 2

Well I didnt hate it but there were a lot of things I had issues with.

I will admit that I am a fan of the Kurt and Blaine pairing but this was way too rushed. They don't even have time to get all their issues worked out but hey, let's get married. What's the worse that can happen?

And what is with schizophrenic Sue? Loving then hating, oy vey!

The music was pretty sucky, seriously.

And why hire Gina Gershon and only give her one line? Would have liked a scene with her and Blaine.

And speaking of family, where were Blaine's and Santana's fathers?

• Love 1

I thought it was pretty boring episode. Maybe because I am not a huge fan of either couple. A couple questions so Kurt and Blaine don't have a marriage license right? So are they not legally married? Kurt and Blaine dated for how long and their parents never met (they were engaged!). Also why wouldn't the want their extended family there (like Blaine's brother) is Kurt not close to his mother's family?

Where is Blaines father? Gina Gershon was all over Puck when they were dancing. Is Puck going to sleep with another friend's mom?

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 3

Apparently the show fired the entire writers room and went on Fanfiction.net and found a twelve year old Klainer to write the script. Because I cannot imagine any professional writer willing to lay claim to this without an admission that they were snorting horse tranquilizers while working.

So much of this was just an insult to my intelligence. Turning everyone and their grandmother into Klainers to ensure that Kurt was shoved to the alter as quickly as possible. Short of his father standing behind him with a shotgun, this couldn't feel more forced. And afterwards, apparently Kurt and Blaine will go down as the only married couple that don't touch unless they absolutely have to.

Brittany's parents are about as funny as an infected cyst and the can go away never to be seen again, thank you. And why was Blaine's mother there? She had about as much presence as a block of processed cheese (although her drunken showboating shows where Blaine gets it from). Burt's speech came right out of the Very Important and Timely Episode handbook.

And all those stupid, self-aware jokes. The OTP caps and characters making up their own pairing names. And it's not a Glee episode until Tina gets to totally humiliate herself at least once.

The one good thing... had a lot of really pretty Kurt to enjoy. The wardrobe department really went all out this week, from those artfully torn jeans, to the very styling tux, to that absurd kitty sweater that made it look like Kurt was smuggling dessert plates under his top.

• Love 7

So Santana marries someone who acts, talks, and reasons like a toddler. And Kurt marries a guy who's cheated on him, who he can't stand living with for longer than a few months, who has just broken up with someone after kissing him while in a relationship, and who he has never been in a stable, adult relationship with. Um, yay.....?

No Rachel in this episode = no interest from me.

Oh and I just got that "Hey Ya" was/may have been a play on HeYa, the shipper name of Heather Morris and Naya Rivera.

• Love 7

How to tell who's coming back next episode? Kurt and Blaine's honeymoon gift is a single weekend (how generous of Sue) while Santana and Brittany get a whole month in the Bahamas.

If Kurt got one more anvil dropped on his head that life is too short and he has to get married to his cheating greaseball of a boyfriend that he just got back together with in the most anticlimactic reconciliation possible, we'll have to rename him Wile E. Coyote.

• Love 3

So, apparently this show only has one mode; "Everyone Must Support (X) Regardless of How Ridiculous It Sounds" -- whether it's 'Rachel must return to New York' or Samchel or Klaine.  Seriously, the writers apparently think that the more people who say something the more it must be true.  Wow.  Just FYI writers, not the case. 

• Love 6

I'm also mad that they tried to throw Finn's death in there as a reason Klaine should get together. Did they forget that Finn was the only one who stood up for Kurt and called Blaine out on the cheating back in season 4?!

• Love 8

Well I think we can all agree the best part of the episode was being able to see and hear Gloria Estefan sing.  Having a reunion of the Troubletones was nice too thanks to the appearance of Sugar Motta.

In what word is Gina Gershon old enough to be the mother to Cooper and Blaine?  Is she the step-mother or something?

I hope that if they do a flash-forward on this show that we see that Kurt and Blaine have divorced due to Blaine's cheating and the fact that these two are way too immature to be married.  

Ugh..this show.

• Love 3

well l liked it, sorry the rest of you didn't but then I'm a sucker for weddings.

I hoping you guys liked Mercedes and Artie's rendition of "at last". They killed it in my opinion. Also Gloria Estefan is still completely awesome, she's still got her moves and brings the house down with her voice.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 5

A lot of stuff happened in this episode and it was all boring.

It feels like the episode was out-line to be a Brittana wedding episode but then the writers remembered that they had promised the Klainers a wedding. But they didn't want to waste another episode on a wedding, so they decided to throw in Kurt and Blaine in Brittana's wedding and call it a day.

If I was a Klainer's fan, I would be pissed as hell about this crap.

• Love 3

I loved the episode, minus the ridiculousness of the Klaine stuff. But I ship Brittana. They are the cutest little dorks ever. And now I'm freeee!

Also, PRAISE my TroubleTones reunion after 3 years! Plus Gloria!

• Love 4

As a brittana fan ugh I couldn't even enjoy it that much because of freaking klaine being shoved down everyone throats. They're gonna be around till the finale episode, this was brittana's last, I mean really? Seriously? They just had to get married now.

I don't understand who supports this joke of a relationship anymore. Never talks about their issues, aren't even together, but decides to get married. What are the writers smoking?

Another thing that pissed me off, brittana is so cute and couply, where the hell was this during season 3? Why did I have to wait till the last season, and the last episode for them to actually see them behave as a couple with kisses and dialogue? I hate this show and good riddance.....but brittana were super cute...but I still hate RIB. I can't believe they get paid for this crap

Oh another thing Blaine Anderson is the worst thing that ever happened to this show, i have never hated a character as much as I hate this guy

• Love 5

I have the magic gift to tune out awfulness when Brittana is doing stuff, so I mostly tuned out Klaine and enjoyed the wedding dress fashion show, brittana before the wedding, and the numbers. My only bitterness was intercutting the vows. My desire to hear brittana and tune out Klaine were hard during that scene. I will await the brittana only edits.

I like that Mike Chang remains a decent human being. Go mike for being nice to tina.

• Love 5

Did they really need to have Kurt running down the street to his OTP? Ugh. And I really couldn't stand some of the camera work and editing. (Was this the same guy who did Bashed? Because it seemed too similar and I hated the camera work, weird angles, and editing IMO in that, too).

ETA: Quinn was glaringly missing. Seriously, not even a reference. And poor, Will--he didn't even get a line, did he?

Edited by indeed
  • Love 3

Good God, this show.

Seriously, if someone corners you in a room with the cheating ex you only got back together with the day before and demands you get married the correct answer is no.  You say no and you get the fuck away from these nutbags who think a decision like that can be made in a few minutes on a day with already heightened emotions.  And Burt and Carole are apparently cool with this now?  What happened to the Burt who was at the courthouse conspiring with Rachel's dads to kidnap her in an attempt to stop the Finchel wedding and thought marriage was a big deal and a serious commitment?  I miss that Burt.

• Love 17

A lot of stuff happened in this episode and it was all boring.

It feels like the episode was out-line to be a Brittana wedding episode but then the writers remembered that they had promised the Klainers a wedding. But they didn't want to waste another episode on a wedding, so they decided to throw in Kurt and Blaine in Brittana's wedding and call it a day.

If I was a Klainer's fan, I would be pissed as hell about this crap.

It could've worked as a Brittana only wedding episode, they seemed to actually enjoy the ceremony and the party. Ryan wanted the double whammy of a gay wedding as a big surprise, and produced the biggest mess I've ever seen. Kurt and Blaine were absurdly added to the wedding, ridiculous beyond belief. For real they must've hired some non-union fanfic ghostwriters, who else will think to devote a whole scene to what an OTP is on screen.My god, that shit was embarrassing. 

Did Blaine's mother talk to either Kurt or Burt/Carole, or was she ever introduced, I didn't notice. 

I cannot fathom how you can keep making Jen Coolidge, and Ken Jeong painfully unfunny. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 4

I thought the Brittany and Santana stuff was cute, and this was a nice sendoff for the characters.

The Klaine stuff was ludicrously forced, but then, that's been the case pretty much all the way through.

As I only watch the episodes with Santana in them, clear sailing now.  Free!  Free!

• Love 6
I hope that if they do a flash-forward on this show that we see that Kurt and Blaine have divorced due to Blaine's cheating and the fact that these two are way too immature to be married.  

Ugh..this show.

I'm gonna skip watching this episode aside from the songs and anything with Mike in it. I don't care one way or the other about Brittana and I absolutely abhor the idea of Klaine, especially if Burt and Carole are pushing the idea. (WTF has happened to these two formally sane individuals?)  I would be so thrilled if in the flash forward Klaine have indeed divorced and are never, ever getting back together.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes now that the Klaine fans have been pacified and we can get on to other storylines.

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 2

Ok first off I have't watched Glee in a very long time.  The last episode I watched was the Finn death episode and before that well...it was awhile.  The show is what it always was.  a sacrine sweet PSA with a pretty good message on tolerance that often gets lost in bad dialog and over the top characterization.  That being said I did like the storyline between Santana and Brittany.  I always did.  They were one of the things that kept me on the show for as long as I was.  I am glad they ended up together and I like the way the episode did it having Sue convince Santana;s Abuela to go to the wedding even if her beliefs hadn't completely changed. (That is what family does.  They show up for each others....stuff regardless of personal beliefs and beefs.)   My favorite part was Burt Hummel and his speech about Marriage how he valued his own even more because he didn't have to cross state line to get married (paraphrased a lot but that was the gist I got).  Anyway I hear the show is ending so I am probably am done until the series finale,  I may catch that,  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Can they stop with Mercedes being sam/Rachel's biggest cheerleader?

What was the point of that scene, anyway? I assumed it was leading up to a Carole/Rachel scene (Have they ever had a scene with just the two of them? I can't remember) but unless I missed something it was all resolved with a smile and a half nod so why even bring it up?

• Love 4

I thought it was nice of those 2 Gary Stus to react so magnanimously when Kurt and Blaine dumped them, just so Kurt and Blaine could get back together with no strings attached.

I did think it was a nice touch to acknowledge that everyone had to travel from Ohio to Indiana to get married.

Edited by futurechemist
  • Love 1

I wish I could remember what OTP stands for.

Brittney and Santana are married. Blane and Kurt are married. Rachel's home was sold. Sam is an assistant coach. Mercedes is hanging around. Artis is doing an internship. No one has a paying job. Where are they living? How are they paying bills? How could they afford this wedding? Why was Sugar such an integral part of the wedding? Why were the new New Directions invited?

The barn did look lovely though.

• Love 1

Well I think we can all agree the best part of the episode was being able to see and hear Gloria Estefan sing.

Yeah, that was definitely a highlight for me, along with Gloria's reaction shots to Jennifer Coolidge's tale of birthing Brittany in the barn... so much WTF!

Where was Bree? It was always her, Santana and Britney. Bree not being there was a big hole. 

Kurt and Blaine couldn't even live together for a few days. Them getting married was ridiculous. Non couple Mike and Tina are a more stable relationship than them, even Sam and Rachel. Nobody especially Burt should have been wanting Kurt and Blaine to marry.

Blaine only had one family member there. No brother, no dad. He was ok marrying with just her?

Santana looked gorgeous and the rendition of At Last was great.

The contingent of Klaine shippers who wanted Kurt married to Blaine if he had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the altar certainly got their wish in full on screen. That should've been called Two Weddings & Kurt's Funeral.

If you're a Brittana fan and you're happy, though, I'm happy for you :) 

Edited by heyerchick
  • Love 7

I actually enjoyed the episode for the most part.  But then my stupid brain had to kick in.  Speaking of kicking, I would like to stick my foot up the ass of the writers (and directors AND producers) for the following reasons:

- Would it have been that hard to come up with a simple throwaway line explaining why Quinn wasn't there?  Especially since Puck was there...inexplicably yet again in his Air Force uniform (they really don't have to wear them 24/7).

- Why does it seem that it's suddenly verboten to actually mention Finn's name?  (Apologies if it was mentioned and I missed it, but it seemed that they just vaguely referenced him all ep.)

- Why shove more annoying Tina down our throats?  I've personally had enough of her whining and didn't need to see that much screen time yet again devoted to it.  Good to see Mike, though!  Wish we could have had more of him on his own.

- You have Gloria Estefan there, and yet other than her singing at the beginning, and a bit of Mercedes, I couldn't for the life of me tell who was signing throughout the rest of the song.  Not sure if that was editing monkeys or what.

- Good lord, stop being so inconsistent with Sue.  While I actually loved the whole abuela bit, the honeymoon gifts were a bit much (also, when did Klaine have time to book a trip that she could cancel?)  And where was Becky?  They mentioned sitting Sue next to her (while again, Quinn got no mention).

- As others have mentioned...how horrible do you have to be to make Ken Jeong and Jennifer Coolidge NOT funny?

I'm purposefully not going to go into the whole Klaine thing because, seriously.

Edited by KayElektra
  • Love 4

I just cottoned on to the irony that while fictional Santana and Brittany gave the wedding guests OTP baseball caps, real life Chris gave the cast and crew "I Survived Glee " caps. I know he meant it in good fun, but just the coincidence lol

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 3

Maybe it's me but RIB seem to go out of their way to give Klainers supposedly what they "want" and yet leave them un satisfied.

Was it suppose to be a joke that Carole and Mrs. Anderson introduced themselves to each other? And Blaine had absolutely zero dialogue with his one parental unit shown in 5 years.