Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

Brandi still is obsessing about Adrienne. She made the plastic surgery dig during the reunion.  And she did a podcast with Sean Stewart (Adrienne's bf after the split). She spends almost the entirety of the interview either digging for dirt or slinging mud at Adrienne.

Reality Tea Post

What a great role model for her children. Never get over anything. Keep picking at scabs (literally and figuratively).

Tiresome!

Also in the podcast, Brandi says it's OK that she outed A&P using a surrogate because Adrienne "started it".  Brandi says having a BF or a husband is like having a 3rd child.  She's the child.  An ill behaved one at that.

Edited by Lisin
Fixed link
  • Love 2

Don't Brandi and Lisa both have friends in the tabloid business?

Lisa's good friend is an editor at one of the rags.  Life & Style or In Touch I believe.  She was featured on the show when Russell threatened to sue.  I am sure they've all made friends somewhere (or have their publicists do it).  Adrienne used Chef Bernie to spread some gossip.  Their hands aren't clean.  Brandi is a hypocrite.

• Love 2

I agree stewedsquash about them making this show more about these ladies and less about their relationships.  They lead interesting lives, very different from mine and I would love to see what they do day to day, including managing their newfound fame from being on a reality show.  It would be fascinating to get a glimpse of them being chased by paps or navigating an interview with a tabloid or booking time and showing up on Wendy Williams.  I am very interested in that and would love to see it.  I am not quite sure why the show wants to pretend that they are not on a show and thus not famous.  We know they are!  Let's see a little of that underbelly!

• Love 1

I also agree that it would be great if they would show the ladies in their everyday lives and stop trying to make us think they are friends, which they are not. Unfortunately, Miss Andy and the Bravo machine want that drama theme in all the housewreck shows they put out there. All the fighting at first was something new, not seen too much on TV, but now it's gotten old and not entertaining anymore.

They need to get rid of Brandi. She's nasty and dirty and I'm tired of her whining about being a victim. And I don't like the crap she pulled on Lisa and Ken this season.

Carlton (and I don't believe that's her real name) can go too. She brought nothing to the show.

Kim. I'm glad she's sober but what else does she do except talk about turtles, how she misses a daughter who only lives 1 1/2 hours away, and tries to train her dog, who she ended up sending away for training. I wish she'd get a job or volunteer at a pet shelter or something.

I like Kyle, Joyce and Lisa but I think they should get some new housewives on this show.

• Love 1

They need new energy and more glam. I don't need to see another pole class. I don't need to see any dog training. I don't need to see any scene promoting a book or clothing store unless they had that prior to being cast.

They need to cast some housewives who will not put restrictions on what they will film. That's the main reason why I don't want Camille back unless it's season 1 Camille. She became boring even if she did have fab properties. I know there must be plenty of women married to dudes with money who always wanted to be famous out there. Find them Bravo!

I can't endure another season of these women arguing over putting tabloids in a suitcase that we never saw on the show. That's season 4 to me. Arguing over dumb stuff, jealousy over Lisa's outside projects and racism towards the only ethnic minority. That needs to change if I come back next year.

• Love 1

I have much more interest in the interpersonal dynamics of these women than in their actual lifestyles.  I have always been interested in human behavior and what motivates people to behave as they do.....and this show has brought together an assortment of people and put them and their behavior on display.  I mean what motivates anybody to go on one of these shows...are they not aware of the possibility of having their deep, dark secrets revealed.

Hi Stewedsquash.....love your name btw

Yes, Brandi has really "absorbed" a good bit of the attention with her behavior which has been very distracting....and just very trashy.  I was much more interested in the show when Taylor and Camile were on. The discussions could get very heated, but didn't go the level of this last season.   

After watching Brandi's racism and dramatics I don't know if I can watch another season of her attempts at being the Queen Bee. There was a Twitter pic of her and Kyle clubbing together. So they are tight and probably planning out their victim storylines.

This season was so dark I don't know why they think it's a good idea to keep the current cast and keep upping the nastiness. I would be surprised if Lisa joined the cast. She could probably get her own show if she wanted reality tv fame. Even Alan Thicke has his own reality show.

Supposedly Jean Kasem was trying out for the show last year.  Bet the producers wish they had signed her instead of Carlton!  What a whackadoodle - throwing raw burger meat at her stepdaughter because it's in the bible.

NO to Tori Spelling joining this cast. OMG, her train wreck of a show that just finished told me all I want to know about her. And she'd be dragging Dean along with her if she were cast, and shoving her children into every shot. And crying. And complaining. No thanks to that, I had enough of her to last me a lifetime. If you think Brandi is bad and tries to play the victim, make it all about her, she's got nothing on Tori.

Lisa Rinna I would be completely happy with. Didn't I read somewhere that Joyce and Carlton won't be back?

• Love 1

I also like Lisa Rinna and her hair! I like her husband, Harry Hamlin, too. Would enjoy seeing them on the show.

I think that Harry Hamlin would be the reason why Lisa doesn't do the show. He may not have THE major character on Mad Men, but his role is still significant, and I think he'd be wary of his wife being on RHOBH.

• Love 1

I think that Harry Hamlin would be the reason why Lisa doesn't do the show. He may not have THE major character on Mad Men, but his role is still significant, and I think he'd be wary of his wife being on RHOBH.

Damn, Jim Cutler would be fan-fucking-tastic on this crapfest of humanity!

However, I'm , eh, on Harry Hamlin being on the show...........

I could see Harry now, wearing those signature glasses he wears as Cutler, having a conversation with Mauricio. Comedy gold as Hamlin uses words and phrases Mo doesn't understand and he's left scratching his head. Kyle would be asking her usual dumb questions and we're off to the races! LOL

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna would be fantastic. Maybe she and Harry have learned something from Yo and Camille - that the gal can have a role on the show, while the guy can keep doing whatever it is he does and just show up here and there (although the more of Harry I see the happier I will be).  I believe Mad Men is in it's final season right now, so maybe that wouldn't be much of an issue.

(edited)

Ok I am incredibly, embarrassingly stoked for this new season. I love that Beverly Hills is getting real actresses, it just fits this particular show. Kyle and Kim's meetups with colleagues, background shots, etc make so much more sense to me than Tamra or Alexis on RHOC filming segments acting like they are actresses too(even though I know they are, since they are reality show actors). It gives us a break from contrived meet ups and dinner parties from hell. I'll be DVRing this season for the first time since season 2.

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 1

I'm re watching ondemand and I had forgotten how easily offended Carlton is. It's kind of hilarious.

Also shut up Kyle with you "you're still holding a grudge" business. You got mad at Lisa and you said some mean things and then Lisa spent a season not doing anything but being a little distant. That's how friendships work after you grow up. If someone expresses that they dislike you, people often just let the relationship cool a little. Kyle's such a fucking high schooler with her need to endlessly hash things out.

• Love 6

^ I think that Lisa did not merely distance herself from Kyle, but she was actually gunning for Kyle at the season three reunion and during the early part of season four.  I think that she backed off for two reasons, one because it leaked out that Brandi and Lisa confronted Kyle over the Mauricio cheating stories, and there was backlash over it, and two she realized that her alliance with Brandi and Yolanda was not very solid.

I don't begrudge Kyle having an initial confrontation with Lisa, but if Lisa does not respond the way Kyle wants her too - admitting "guilt" without qualification,  prostrating herself before Kyle, making "genuine" apologies and so forth, then to me I think that Kyle's reaction should be to distance herself, or if she is that keen on having Lisa's friendship, then forgive and forget / turn a blind eye.  Kyle badgering Lisa as she did at the season 4 finale was ridiculous to me.  I think at that point the main issue was Brandi's accusation regarding the tabloids, clearly Lisa was not going to give Kyle the admission she wanted, either because Lisa did not do what she's accused of, or she did do something untoward but she's denied it, Ken's gotten involved and he's riled up, they've left the hotel / stopped filming, not returning messages, once back in California are still laying low.

To me the way Kyle handled her issues with Lisa parallels how she's dealt with Kim.  Kyle seems to have a fixed way that she wants the other party to respond, and regardless of who's right, wrong or somewhere in between, Kyle being so controlling or dogged pollutes the atmosphere.

• Love 2

I'm re watching ondemand and I had forgotten how easily offended Carlton is. It's kind of hilarious.

...I watched the episode with Joyce meeting up with Carlton to explain her husband's mystery illness...Carlton couldn't hide her disgust...

Even though I had ZERO interest in BH, I left the 'first look' on after my favorites, the ATL gals went off, and all I can say is, how boring, lame, and useless can these middle-aged/elderly BH hags be? Ugh. The only one I can possibly stand is Lisa--even though I can't stand "Vanderpump Rules" with those sleazy, mediocre-looking bar hogs. 

Are we supposed to covet these BH hos' meaningless, soul-less, uninteresting, uncultured lifestyles? The only interesting thing about these succubi is you guys and your delectable comments in this forum.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 1

Was that castle thing really Carlton's house? It looked so empty. I wonder if they rented it for the show.

...I think...IIRC...it was a property they were selling but used it for filming...I thought I heard it was old after filming?

I floved Brandi and Carlton accusing Joyce of dressing for attention when Carlton was dressed like a streetwalker and kept trolling for alcohol at a high school graduation party and Brandi wouldn't stop talking about how sick she felt and dry heaved in the bathroom and then they both left. Totally low maintance, those two.

• Love 2

One thing I've noticed re-watching S4 that I missed before (thank god for binge watching) is how much of the final Lisa drama is instigated by Kim. I get the impression that she's never liked Lisa and Ken very much and jumped on the chance to blow up the tabloid drama into epic proportions.

• Love 6

So funny, watching Lisa telling Carlton that they each came at her with a different reason why they were mad at her.  Reminded me of Heather from O.C., "If everyone is telling you that you're dead, it's time to lie down."  Lol.

Last night on WWHL Andy and Lisa said this season is like last season never even happened.  "Very Bobby Ewing!"  I hope so!

• Love 1

So funny, watching Lisa telling Carlton that they each came at her with a different reason why they were mad at her.  Reminded me of Heather from O.C., "If everyone is telling you that you're dead, it's time to lie down."  Lol.

Last night on WWHL Andy and Lisa said this season is like last season never even happened.  "Very Bobby Ewing!"  I hope so!

I hope so too!

Lisa also said she wouldn't give her friendship with Brandi another chance. I was happy about that. Lisa's never been my favorite (not that I have one) but I do enjoy her snark. Especially when the topic is Brandi.

Edited by turbogirlnyc

Watching the past reruns and I can not stress enough how extremely happy I am that I will never have to see Carlton again.  Hallelujah!!!  On the other hand, I'm gonna miss Joyce.  I liked her.  She really could stand on her own against Brandi.  They should have kept her.