Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Canaries

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

Commented as I watched:

Did I miss the reveal where Oliver found out that Laurel was dressing up and fighting crime, or did that not happen? If that was “the shake,” it was nothing. I wouldn’t have even noticed it if SA hadn’t mentioned it.

The Thea reveal was oddly anticlimactic, but I’m glad Thea reacted the way she did. Such a sweet moment as was the aftermath. Except for the part where Thea went in on Malcolm for manipulating her and no one mentioned THAT HE DRUGGED HER TO KILL SARA.

I don’t like snarky, snide Laurel in the lair, but I did like her calling Oliver out on hiding behind the hood to avoid his feelings.  But Oliver was right - she’s totally chasing an adrenaline high. And she is, again, conveniently good at it.

I really like Thea being in the know, full honesty. But NOW Thea doesn’t trust him? God. I’m getting whiplash with this chick.

Quentin gave Laurel a fucking wide-open window to tell him about Sara and yet still, STILL NOTHING.

Is Thea being drugged again? She’s completely changed her mind about Merlyn and I can’t tell if it’s because she’s not making sense or the story isn’t. Maybe both?

God that Sara/Laurel fight was stupid. Epic continues to not mean what MG thinks it means.

Convulsing, hallucinating Laurel is not a good look, and that scene with Sara: “Why did I have to die?” “If you wanted to be me, you could’ve.” Jesus, show.

And I cannot believe a) the timing of everyone standing up to Oliver and I’m not opposed to Oliver being put in his place, but I’m really uncomfortable with them questioning him especially since none of them got jack shit done while he was gone.

Oh god, Felicity telling Laurel that she has a light inside of her that Sara never had. I can’t with her right now. LAUREL HAS A LIGHT INSIDE OF HER? PLEASE STOP WITH THIS. Don’t demonize Sara for this shit. And a hug. Laurel/Felicity BFF train is I guess leaving the station?

I also can’t with Thea sleeping with this sleazy DJ in her living room. Is she seriously never worried about Oliver coming home? And AHAHA what a death for DJ Douchebag.

And of course Oliver comes around in the space of an episode. And of course that’s probably the closest we’ll get to Lance actually expressing rage. AND OF COURSE THE GHOST OF SARA IS IN THE BACKGROUND SMILING, GIVING HER BLESSING. I guess that tweet about Laurel hitting all the spots on a superhero’s journey was actually not a sad joke. Wow. Can’t say I’m surprised, just really disappointed.

Fucking FINALLY she tells Lance. Strangely she didn’t tell him because he was worried about his health but she waited to give him the news until the doctor left the room?

Oh, Thea’s back to being willing to work with Malcolm? Okay.

Annnnd within the span of one ep, Oliver’s on board with the new Black Canary, so as per usual
Is Thea playing? I really don’t understand what she’s getting at. Is she up to something or is this just shitty writing? I did like what little we got of Oliver and Thea on the island though.

And I liked Waller in this. That's all I can muster. I'm beyond bitter at what they did to Sara, both in death and after. Ugh. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

Thank Fucking god that Quinton knows.

Sara said what the entire fandom has been thinking.

Thea was surprisingly charming. I loved her scene with Oliver in the foundry.

I miss Moira, a lot. But how did Amanda erase the message?

• Love 2

About damn time Oliver told Thea and I'm glad Detective Lance was able to figure out Laurel was the new Canary and that he now knows his other daughter is truly dead. 

And if you're going to train to fight a master swordsman like Ra's al gul, I guess The Island is the best place to do it.

How the hell did Oliver avoid running into anyone he knew while in Starling in the past?

• Love 1

Lol that episode was so, so, SO bad 

tumblr_static_gk0t6golwbw48owoksks888k.g

What in the fuck is Thea's deal? I loved the way she reacted to Oliver telling her, but I'm getting whiplash. 

And I guess Laurel did gain hero status in three whole episodes. What a journey!

And Sara. I wish she just hadn't come back. 

The only positive is now Thea knows, and now Quentin does too. 

• Love 1

Anybody else got Matthew Fox bellowing "We have to go back!" in their heads? Or is it just me?

Laurel still sucks at just about everything. I kinda enjoyed seeing "Sara" whup her ass. I don't know what it would take for my hostility towards  her to subside. At least Quentin knows . . .  and he knew about the "leathering up," which probably means he knows about Ollie. Oh, and Laurel doesn't have that big of a light inside her, so stop trying to find an upside, Felicity.

Speaking of knowing .. .  poor Thea. She gets sucked into her brother's life, her DJ boyfriend winds up killing himself (what, the League doesn't provide cyanide teeth) after they have nookie, and her biological father turns out to be a bigger prick than advertised. Oh, and now she's hiking around Purgatory. It's hard not to feel bad, y'know?

• Love 2

ha ha ha everything people predicted months ago actually happened but it was WORSE

• I found Thea's sudden change of heart regarding Malcolm very sudden
  • Laurel Lance is the worst human being ever. It should have ended there except she makes everyone around her worse by proxy.
  • Team Arrow Lite needs to stop acting like they got shit done without Oliver
  • Having Sara actually say “If you wanted to be me, you could’ve. I didn’t have to die.” was CRUEL
  • Also Arrow thanks for letting us all know it only takes a month to go from civilian to hero
  • On that note, I can't believe they had Oliver go from disapproving to Laurel fighting by his side in ONE EPISODE
  • Lance was heartbreaking at the end, but for me it was overshadowed by the complete effery of the rest of the episode.

I can't form more coherent thoughts right now. What a joke.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 15

Prop duty, prop duty and more prop duty. I fucking knew it!

So Team Arrow turned on Oliver for HER?????? WTFever. I'm glad he is away from them for now. 

I loved his scenes with Thea.

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 4

I'm so done with the writers using Felicity to prop other characters up with ridiculous lines like “You have a light inside you that she didn’t have” which is blatantly not true and not something Felicity would ever say about Sara. A woman Felicity looked up to. A woman Felicity mourned for. Fuck that.

I know EBR values her job and is grateful but she had to have looked at that bullshit Felicity said to laurel and think "what the Fuck is this Felicity adored and admired Sara she wouldn't say this!" I'm so fucking bitter

• Love 6

This stupid show makes no bleepen sense.  I can't believe I have to complain that it was out of character for Thea to suddenly not trust Malcolm.  Then the Laurel propping was made extra worse by having Felicity suddenly decide that LAUREL has a light inside her.  ARGHHHHHHHH!H!H!H!H!H!H!HH!!HH!

• Love 6

The Good: All of the Oliver and Thea stuff. God, that dynamic has been missed. And I appreciated not one but TWO scenes. My cup runneth over.

The Bad: Everything else was hot garbage.  "You have a light inside you she didn't have"??? WHAT? Felicity's friend Sara, whom she called a Warrior, who she mourned. Yeah. Hard Pass. 

ETA: The Maseo stuff was also great. 

Edited by closer2fine
  • Love 10

I can actually get laurel not telling lance with someone in the room, it's kinda private. As an aside that's the best KCs acting has been in forever.

And I kinda assumed Sara would be smiling at laurel from "beyond the grave" I honestly thought they'd do some sort of ghostly guardian thing.

Supes glad that the team stood up to Ollie, but did it have to happen while laurel was having a seizure on the table? I'm sure they care more about her survival than I do.

• Love 2

I'll take a lot. I'll take Felicity off in the sideplot with Ray. I'll take Laurel becoming the Black Canary.  I'll grudgingly accept the stupidity of working with Malcolm

I WILL NOT TAKE FELICITY BEING REDUCED TO LYING ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL LAUREL IS AND PRETENDING IT'S TRUE.

That is all.  Oliver and Thea ended on the island because Malcolm said they needed to go there to be able to defeat Ra's al Ghul, which makes No Sense.  But not before Oliver told Laurel the city was safe in her hands.

There is nothing I want to tune in for.

• Love 19

I can actually get laurel not telling lance with someone in the room, it's kinda private. As an aside that's the best KCs acting has been in forever.

And I kinda assumed Sara would be smiling at laurel from "beyond the grave" I honestly thought they'd do some sort of ghostly guardian thing.

Supes glad that the team stood up to Ollie, but did it have to happen while laurel was having a seizure on the table? I'm sure they care more about her survival than I do.

In general I get Laurel not wanting to tell him with someone around, but that someone was a doctor and she claimed to have kept it a secret because she was worried about Quentin's health, so she could've at least asked him to stick around for a while. 

I'm glad the team stood up to Oliver too, but the way they did it felt so forced. Laurel's seizing out on the table (that face was hilarious, OMG), like...it's not the time for Roy and Felicity and Diggle to go in on him. And it still makes me laugh because they weren't shit without him there, but whatever gets Oliver to learn that he doesn't have to carry the burden on his own, I guess.

• Love 1

So tell me about Olicity :)

Y'all make me so glad I'm not watching.

So tell me about Olicity :)

Y'all make me so glad I'm not watching.

There was no Olicity.   I guess probably EBR's "So you're leaving again?" was the closest we'll get. 

So, Sara breaks up with Oliver and tells him that he needs the light, or something like that, and now Felicity is telling Laurel that she has a light inside her, which Sara did not have.

They will either fridge Felicity or send her off to another show. Chances of Olicity being endgame are getting slimmer.

• Love 17

So, Sara breaks up with Oliver and tells him that he needs the light, or something like that, and now Felicity is telling Laurel that she has a light inside her, which Sara did not have.

They will either fridge Felicity or send her off to another show. Chances of Olicity being endgame are getting slimmer.

I definitely had that thought. Coupled with what I perceived to be an asinine "triangle" comment today in the press.

Yet Sara was talking about Felicity go figure

• Love 2

Felcity snarked at Oliver about how Laurel wasn't being reckless. Other than that there was no Olicity.

I loved the Thea/Oliver reveal and got verklempt, actually the whole episode did what I've been asking for all year: it breathed, people had actual conversations. If only the things they were saying made a fucking lick of sense. 

KC was great in her scene with Felicity, but again they couldn't let her stay *broken* and defeated, no by the very next scene she's fighting next to him. And that speech from Felicity was utter bullshit as well. Oy vey.

So Thea suddently doesn't trust Malcolm or want to work with him, then she does. Roy who was gung ho for Team Malcolm just last week is now all how could you let her trust Malcolm. This episodes should have been called Whiplash.  

• Love 5

So Thea suddently doesn't trust Malcolm or want to work with him, then she does. Roy who was gung ho for Team Malcolm just last week is now all how could you let her trust Malcolm. This episodes should have been called Whiplash.  

To be fair Thea and Roy both trusting Malcolm was absolutely ridiculous in the first place. But yeah the writing in the show has awful continuity. 

• Love 1

So do Thea and Roy both hate Malcolm again? That what it seems like lol 

I'm honestly getting so much whiplash from their BS feelings about Malcolm. Roy in episode 11: I hate Malcolm  12: Malcolm loves Thea so he's awesome 13: I hate Malcolm. Like dude. WTF. And Thea is just a mystery to me. 

• Love 4

This is the 4th episode of this season that I have watched. Seems like I didn't miss anything. Finally got the the Thea and Oliver convo and it was great. I missed whatever everyone else was doing while Oliver was gone. And don't care. I only care to watch the stuff that involves Oliver. Kinda glad that Oliver left since they "got this". Thought I would hate Laurel but I was pretty indifferent. She kinda blends in the background for me. Or maybe I zone out when she's on screen. I thought KC did ok in that last scene with PB. If it weren't for SA I woulda walked a long time ago. He keeps pulling me back in.

• Love 1

It only took three episodes for Laurel to become a hero and fight side by side with Oliver. I'm so glad we got that arc out of the way. Anyone would think they were going to write it properly. Phew!

Shame Felicity has to get back to prop duty for Ray in the episode after next though. Poor thing just can't get any rest. She did some heavy lifting today. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 15

I don't think it means anything. Sara told Oliver he needed someone who could harness the light in him, not someone who had a light in themselves. There's Felicity, harnessing that light in Laurel. Felicity Smoak: light harnesser

• Love 8

OK so how bad was the railing on Oliver?

Sigh it makes me so uncomfortable. Did he really die?

It Started with Roy telling Oliver to stop telling Thea what to do because he didn't feel like they should be trusting Malcolm and then Felicity was telling Oliver that he has to stop bossing them around and I don't remember the rest because I kinda tuned out. But It wasn't THAT bad. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

The only thing I found remotely Olicity actually was when Felicity was yelling at Oliver. 

Thea comes down to the foundry in the middle of them tending to a Vertigo dosed Laurel and Oliver barks at her to get out of there, to which Roy says you can't talk to her like that or make decisions for her - he brings up Oliver wanting Thea to work with Malcolm. Thea agrees to go away, they can talk later and Oliver gets made at Roy for talking to him like that and Diggle tries to calm things down.  Felicity steely eyed says, "No, we need this.  Oliver you were gone, dead.  At least we thought you were and we had to go on with our lives and doing that meant not doing things your way."

Oliver came back with, "Fine, I'm back now."  (and looking pissed and putout)

Felicity still tight jawed and now raising her voice replies, "That doesn't mean we can go back."  (Oliver narrows his eyes, maybe a little confused) " And you do not have the right to come back here and question everyone's choices."

Then he looked at Diggle and Roy and then kind of wilted, asked to be told if there was any change in Laurel's condition and walked away. 

I was not on Oliver's side but mostly because it felt to me that the fight was not really just about the obvious. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2