Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

I've got patches all over me, walnutqueen!  One on my arm, one on my knee, and one where Kingsley can't get at it.  Gee, I sure hope I'm doing this right.  

I thought the glass smashing, Oklahoma-ing took place after the ladies got back from Amsterdam?  Bummer if that's the case because I don't know how long I can wait to see Lisa R. pitch a fit on Krandi's?  Brandim's? asses.  There has to be some good soap style portmanteau for the two of them, but I can't think straight right because TURTLES!  and maybe I put too many patches on and where's my sweet e-cig or hell even a dildo but it's all good because I'm like totes feeling gooddddasflkgasdksfdjhgskfhjl;klt''''''''''''''''6

Just don't take a bath and you'll be golden, hadensterling!  You can't set your bed on fire with an e-cig, and unless your didlo's an electric plug in that shorts out, you'll make it until turtle time.  If not, I'm sure Brandi will give you a ride to Cedars at 2 a.m.

• Love 5

Sincerely yours, it is ultimately up to Kim to become comfortable with her sobriety.  Since her sister had this pain medication thing it is her first slip since her last rehab I don't really think it is fair for Kyle to be singled out and held to some kind of non-standard when her sister is showing signs of impaired behavior. Nor should her co-workers be made to feel uncomfortable or scorned for pointing out the obvious.  I don't want to work with someone who is inebriated because they judgment is impaired.   Let's just say instead of Kyle asking her she said screw it, none of my business and sent her home.  The following day it turns out Kim had a true medical condition that was overlooked and she was left incapacitated or dead. 

From a medical/legal point of view Brandi has hit all the marks to have her admitted to a treatment facility and be diagnosed as an alcoholic.  Just last night Brandi threw up one of the biggest red flags, she drinks to alter her mood and for courage to face social situations-if that isn't drinking like an alcoholic what is?  The fact she gets her kids to school on 10 days a month and works part time (part of the time she is drunk at that job) or gets someplace on time isn't proof that she isn't an alcoholic.  Brandi has attended AA and alcohol education classes and all she seems to come away with are tired jokes about drinking.  Kim is an admitted alcoholic/addict with severe anxiety issues.

No one has acted "bad" towards Kim.  What they have seen is bizarre behavior coupled by an admission she is using.  Lisar said it best-she needed to be in a hospital.  Short term memory loss, a general belligerence, dependency on a social pariah at this point, inability to follow a conversation-yes when you do these things those around you take notice.  At this point Kim has not apologized to Kim or Eileen she is still busy just mixing it up with Kyle. 

Sadly, if Kim finds RHOBH or a sister a trigger she should avoid them at all costs until she can work out her feelings.  Maybe their paths can never cross again.  On an early thread I believe it was  ncsocialworker said her sister, who is in recovery, will exit from the family dinner table and begin reading her AA Big Book within the family's sightline giving them pause to wonder, what did they do?  I find it passive aggressive but I guess it is her coping mechanism or a huge screw you to the family-it also made me laugh. 

The worst thing an addict in recovery can do is compare their sobriety to the ingestion habits of those around them.  There is a huge difference is the AA world between sobriety and abstinence.  That was the other clue from Brandi last night, Kyle had just gotten to the party and appeared to be drinking a diet cola.  I am guessing on the diet because these are women who split a hot dog three ways.  Her cast mates verified she had just gotten there and was not drunk.

Yep Zoeysmom that would be my big ole dysfunctional family. We are all eating in the dining room and sis is in the corner room reading the big book or worse yet she would have to get up and call her sponsor ASAP . I guess we are an irritating family that could drive you to drink.

I wanted to add to what I wrote in the post above in re: how Brandi uses information against the HW's .  For example, as I said, I think that Brandi was warning Yo to back off on any mention of her bad behaviors by bringing up Bella.  It's a sort of tit-for-tat.  You want to discuss my failings on camera?  Then we'll discuss some of yours, too, and I'm going to make it sting, bitch, so back off.  

I think this is frankly quite stupid of Brandi, and I agree with the posters who have said--somewhere in this thread that the smartest thing she could have done would have been to ingratiate herself fully with the Foster/Hadids, but I also think she's too (sorry about this but it's true) drunk half the time to realize she's shitting things up for herself in that regard.   I'm sure they know some hot, reasonably wealthy dude that Brandi could have snagged if she'd stayed charming and not tried to be the female Howard Stern. Just how did Brandi become friends with Beth, anyhow?  Did they model together?  This is how much I pay attention to this show when it's not on--I forget all about these twits until things get cooking again.

But back to the tit-for-tat.  Brandi has been around these broads for so long now that she has mega dirt on all of them that, I'm sure, is painful as fuck were it to come out on air--things the women have said about each other, things that Brandi has weaseled out of them under the guise of being a 'true friend', whatever.  So when the pearl-clutching commences, it's a way for the older HW's to express their disgust without engaging her on the show or on the screen, i.e., they can relate what they feel, and Brandi can't come at them directly on the show, as she just did with Yo.  I think it's telling that the two housewives who are willing to talk shit on Brandi are the two housewives that Brandi has not yet been able to befriend in any serious way, so they feel pretty free in straight shooting when they do their TH's or their blogs.

JMO, but this is sort of how I interpret the nuance, and if I still don't have it down, I blame walnutqueen because she told me it was time for my patches.

Sort of unrelated to this post but I just watched the extended clip of Brandi with Kim and my god, that is some uncomfortable grooming shit taking place right there.  If it were a guy talking to Kim that way, we would all be horrified, and rightfully so.  There is a very, very creepy dynamic taking place between those two.  Right now I'm going to stick with Brandim.  Because, you know, 'dim', but if someone's got a better portmanteau lay it on me, I'm all ears.

• Love 11

Argggggg! I don't like Kim, Kyle, or Brandi and they have taken over the show! I'm so bored and sick of hearing these three women scream about how "this isn't about you Lisa! This is about meeeeeeee!" It's pretty much what they fight about, which one is most about meeeeee! I don't care anymore. Kim can be an addict, Brandi can be a drunk, Kyle can be a nag. Whatever. I give. Just shut up already! Can we just go to Amsterdam or something already? Anything but this never ending cluster fuck.

I can't understand it. Bravo has a gold mine in Lisa Rinna, Eileen and Lisa Vanderpump -women who personify the BH lifestyle.  And they give us Brandi and Kim instead.   I bet the footage on the cutting room floor would be more interesting that what we're seeing. 

• Love 8

Every time I see it floated that Kyle ties her participation to keeping Kim employed I have a big old belly laugh. The thought that Kyle Richards, perennial "sister of", "aunt of" and "friend of" has the juice to dictate casting to Bravo/NBC Universal....ahahahaha. Bravo keeps hiring Kim because they get the sister drama that a previous poster mentioned, which they equate to ratings. But after 4 1/2 seasons of the same old drama, Bravo better start thinking less about ratings and more about liability. (I don't consider Bravo liable for grown-ass Kim's behavior, but there are those who will, Kim included.)

Frankly IMO if Kyle were as savvy as she's assumed to be by some, she'd realize at this point that tying herself to Kim actually weakens her own negotiation position in her own deal. I bet it never occurred to any of them that they could get 750k out of this show; kudos to Eileen's reps for that. But Kim is an albatross whose salary could be used to sweeten the deals of the other HWs. Offering herself as a two-fer does nothing to improve her leverage in contract negotiations, it just gives Bravo leverage against both sisters.

• Love 6

Kim, Brandi, and Kyle have "taken over the show" because the others (other than Lisa with the adoption stuff) really aren't bringing anything interesting enough to film.  (For a show like this, we know the drill.)  Now, it looks like Lipsa loses her shit later, but again, because of KIM.

As much as Brandi has been Kim's mouthpiece in the battle between the Richard's Sisters, I really believe that Lipsa is doing the same thing for her long time good friend Kyle.  Both mistakenly feel they are "helping" the sister they like, but really?  They are being used by two old pros who have probably done this shit for years.

• Love 1

I get that, but there was something more. I just watched the scene again, and Pandora first asks: "why now?" So timing is an issue. Then she asks: "Do you really want another family coming into the picture?" Huh? What is she talking about? Max's birth mother? A sibling? A new daughter-in-law? Then Lisa says: "I don't think they will, so don't even say that." Do what? Say what? I think they were talking about something else. Plus, they were acting kind of hush-hush and secretive with each other, and deliberately fussing with the flowers instead of the conversation.

I took away from it that they feel a not necessarily logical (and they probably know this) sense of jealousy and possessiveness, which I understand; gut feelings just sometimes are silly and we know it and we have them anyway. I did find it strange though to ask "why now?" It's not like Max is a 40-year-old who had never before said a word about it. He's young. It was only a few years ago that he was a teenager, and maybe genealogy wasn't something he thought about as an adolescent boy, but does now that he's old enough to find it interesting (whether or not there's an underlying reason). I thought the "other family" business sounded odd too, but figured we missed some parts, or it was edited strangely.

• Love 2

I wanted to add to what I wrote in the post above in re: how Brandi uses information against the HW's . For example, as I said, I think that Brandi was warning Yo to back off on any mention of her bad behaviors by bringing up Bella. It's a sort of tit-for-tat. You want to discuss my failings on camera? Then we'll discuss some of yours, too, and I'm going to make it sting, bitch, so back off.

It's funny -- that was exactly how I thought the conversation was going to be because Brandi ALWAYS retaliates by revealing things that were said in confidence or alluding to personal information that she could reveal. I think her quickness to clarify Bella wasn't an alcoholic and what I perceived to be anxiety that Yolanda felt she was attacking her daughter changed my interpretation and made me wonder if the other wives aren't giving her a bit of the handlebar mustache treatment. And now I sound like Heather Dubrow and I'm going to shut up. Feel better soon! I hate the NyQuil effect...everyone thinks I'm nuts but I swear it makes my entire body feel grainy. Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I also didn't know that Tampongate happened during filming.  Interesting.  I'm glad the ladies decided that it wasn't worth mentioning.

Joyce did bring it up at the reunion last season but surprisingly, it got no reaction from anyone there.  I think it was because so much other arguing was going on at the time, nobody had time to place any attention on it.

Okay, this is another version of the .gif, a bit longer than the last one.  Second one I've seen.  

Who's running out the door?  Kyle?

Also, just look at the grin on Kim's face after she worked Lisa R. up to throw the glass.  Loving every minute of it.  Please get rid of Kim.  Please.

I think it is Kyle because Eileen is sitting, Lisa is to the left of Lisar, and Yo is the one the holding back Lisar.

• Love 1

I took away from it that they feel a not necessarily logical (and they probably know this) sense of jealousy and possessiveness, which I understand; gut feelings just sometimes are silly and we know it and we have them anyway. I did find it strange though to ask "why now?" It's not like Max is a 40-year-old who had never before said a word about it. He's young. It was only a few years ago that he was a teenager, and maybe genealogy wasn't something he thought about as an adolescent boy, but does now that he's old enough to find it interesting (whether or not there's an underlying reason). I thought the "other family" business sounded odd too, but figured we missed some parts, or it was edited strangely.

I agree with you about the "why now?" question. As you said, "now" feels like a completely normal time to start wondering, inquiring... And while a lot of folks said that Lisa and Pandora were probably just expressing nervousness about Max seeking info. on his birth mother (and are probably right), the "why now" question and Lisa's answer ("I don't even think they will...don't even say that") makes me think that there's at least the possibility that Lisa was referring to Max popping the question to his girlfriend. And we already know she's not in favor of their relationship. How else does Lisa's reply make sense?

• Love 1

There are websites out there devoted to celebrity crotch shots, panties showing shots, nip slips, and the paparrazzi gets paid when they happen, that's why they wait outside of clubs, and get low when people are getting into cars.  Anne Hathaway just had one, Jennifer Aniston has one, hell tons of people do.  I think I'd be less bothered if it didn't feel like women shaming women by using the whole tampon string comment.  "Brandi flashed her crotch while falling down drunk" bothers me not at all, but why is it somehow WORSE that she happened to be having her period at the time?  It happens to all of us, for several days a month.

I'm trying to put my finger on why the tampon string being the lead here bothers me.

• Love 3

I liked this episode only a smidge better than last.  Laughed hard at Eileen's movie premier - the outer space effects were pretty awesome!

Kim's stealing poor Monty's pain patches. If anyone needs an intervention, Monty needs everyone's help so he's not suffering.

It could be a lidocaine patch.  We don't know if it's an OTC topical patch, lidocaine, or Fentanyl. 

Are we taking Brandi's word for this?  HUGE huge stretch to state that Kim is stealing Monty's pain patches when we don't even know if Monty has pain patches or if Kim is using a pain patch.  It might be your guess or opinion but oh, so not comfortable with that as a fact.  It's like stating for certain that Max is Ken's kid from an affair - yea, some rumors, it's plausible - but no facts supporting it.

Felt as if Pandy was concerned about Max's birth family might try to claim him as theirs when she considers him her true brother.

Felt to me as if Pandora was worried that Max's birth family might want some money. Lisa V has mentioned that in some THs.

Brandi's blog is up.  I can only just shake my head.

So is Kyle's.  She arrived at the gay mixer 10 minutes before Brandi did.  She wasn't drunk. 

Brandi was slurring her words while towering over Kyle.  Maybe she wasn't drunk - maybe she was mixing pills with booze again.  Either case, Brandi needs to stop throwing stones.

• Love 3

It took me several hours to read through this entire thread. I may have come close to the "like" maximum for the day because I found so many of the comments that good. It's obvious that most of the posters here dislike Brandi, think she is a drunk and a mean girl, believe Kim is in serious trouble and question the motivation of the other Housewives. I agree with almost everything that was said. What I did find interesting is that no one mentioned how much all this drama may be orchestrated by Bravo. They might not provide actual scripts for the events that unfold but they certainly do define the direction and tone the season will take. They also designate each season's "target" housewife.

Pairing Brandi and Kim as this season's BFFs makes sense since they are not currently married and seem to be bitter about that fact as well as lonely. They are also the two housewives with the least interesting lives. Pairing them for the sake of the resulting drama is a ratings move. They both need the money so it's also a way for them to keep their jobs. Bravo doesn't keep housewives who don't bring drama.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Well I suppose anything is possible... but the fact that we're never really seen Kyle drunk leads me to believe that she is no way, shape or form an addict. 

Brandi I'm even on the fence about.  I do believe she is a social drinker for the most part.  But a social drinker who lacks the ability to know when enough is enough.  If there was an official term to identify a person somewhere between "social drinker" and "functioning alcoholic" I think Brandi would sit there (as well as a few close friends of mine.....  but that's none of my business)

Yeah, I can't recall ever seeing Kyle drunk. She's blown up at people but for the most part she's pretty lucid. Brandi, on the other hand, is always slurring and wobbling around when she fights with the other girls. She's definitely a mean drunk but I wouldn't go so far as to call her an alcoholic. And I don't think it's fair to blame the alcohol. Brandi's just a bona fide asshole who binge drinks her way out of responsibility. Even on her podcasts and TH, where I assume she's sober(ish), insults and accusations are flying all over the place.

Seriously, every episode makes me feel worse and worse for her kids. Their parents are on dueling reality shows that don't cast a good light on anyone. Someone rescue these kids and teach them the difference between a trash can and dresser.

• Love 4

I agree!!!  I don't like her, didn't like her when she was a child actress (I thought she was a precocious brat...), and unfortunately, this is what we are probably going to see again, for the remainder of the season...Kim's intervention, Kim's denial, Kim's everything...blah, blah, blah.

I am sorry, I really think that for Kim's own good, she should not be on the show anymore, but I think it would need to be HER decision. 

But, is this the conundrum that Bravo and the producers are now in?  I'm sure the producers know that Kim is not sober, and basically has nothing else in her life right now.

They put her back in the "spotlight" (even a little spotlight), and she is enjoying it, for whatever it is worth.  Without this show, what does Kim have?  Is it possible for her to go back to living life under the radar and out of the public eye without totally spiraling out of control and perhaps doing something serious?

They are between a rock and a hard place here - they created the monster, so to speak, and now they have to deal with it.

I honestly think that without this show to cling to, Kim could become suicidal - and, if she were to do something tragic, would the show producers/Bravo be to blame?  They've already gone through this once with Russell Armstrong - they really need to tread lightly here. 

I will say, though that I am afraid for her.

They, Bravo/producers, are caught in a bad way. If the fire Kim while she is abusing, whatever she currently abuses, and she dies or kills herself, they will be blamed. If they keep her on the show despite her continued drug abuse/addiction and she dies or kills herself they will be blamed. When does it become Kim's responsibility for what she does/doesn't do and how she handles it? If anything bad happens to Kim, it is Kim's doing, no one else is to blame IMO.

She was terrible on Poker Night. No excuse for that. However, I think it's fundamentally dishonest for Kyle, Eileen, and Lisa to act as though she was maliciously trying to stain Bella's reputation while simultaneously conducting an elaborate conspiracy to break up Kim and Kyle. That's reaching. I think they are willfully ignoring Kyle's non-apology and her unnecessarily confrontational attitude at the mixer. It's weird because I don't want to come across like I'm defending Brandi. She can't go around expecting public sympathy when her response to any type of threat is immediately regressing into calling people cunts and threatening to fucking knock out their teeth. At the same time, she is not wrong that there is selective pearl clutching happening.

They only one that has been in Kim's ear about the other not being good for her is Brandi. It is Brandi that is telling Kim that Kyle is a bad sister that is never there for her and never will be. As for the non apology, Lisa R said that ALL of need to own their own behavior in the fight at the mixer....ALL OF THEM!

I looooooovvveeee this!!! First, yes I get that it's awkward and she is rude to the people around her when she is inebriated and it brings up all sorts of pearl clutching and questions but holy smokes. That one incident and now there's this whirlwind of discussions, analyzing, accusations, doubts, demands for accountability, apologies, explanations, etc. etc. etc. My God!!!! If that's what it takes to be a recovered addict then shit I'd stay off the wagon too! I really wonder how recovering addicts do it if for the rest of their lives they are supposed to live with it being okay for people to completely throw shade at them for every actual or even just assumed slip up. That everyone around them goes into panic, over analyzing, overbearing, extra side eye, loop de lu dance with so much pressure being applied to the addict to disprove, or admit, or check into rehab or just ACT upon said real or imagined slip up. I've noticed this after Kyle outed her and Kim was sober season 3 was it? I get that Kim makes a spectacle but Geez louise the constant checking up checking in checking her story wondering about her story criticizing the story making up stories.

I sympathize with Kim because I do believe IT IS hard to work on something as draining and difficult as an addiction when the only way to avoid all the negative reactions from people is to stay sober and not exhibit the typical behavior of an addict. And even sober her recovery revolves around making amends, apologizing taking accountability blah blah blah. I think these guidelines/steps get taken waaaaaaayyyyyy out of proportion and people start expecting recovering alcoholics to go around admitting every wrong down to eating those 3 grapes before getting to the cashier. It's fucking exhausting the amount of "reflection, remorse, regret" is expected from an addict while sober by those around them. Now wonder addicts slip. Just keeping up with all the requirements of recovering would have me popping speed just to keep up and remember you're always a recovering alcoholic so damn that's a never ending list of demands to manage and the kicker is ya have to do it sober. I mean everyone knows how hard it is to beat addiction so I don't get the whole "over it" attitude. At the end of the day, an addict that can't beat an addiction will always be a sad thing. I feel bad because Kim has a disease and while some people with this disease fight it and fight it well others don't. For all the havoc Kim brings to those around her she will be the one to pay the ultimate price so I can totally understand the "over it" attitude but I don't get the "over it" but I wanna rain havoc down on you because I'm so mad I have this emotional drain in my life and you were unable to handle the pressure of me reminding you of what you are required to do (like apologize a thousand and one times) in order to continue on the path of sobriety.

I'm not surprised that this process cause addicts to start rejecting the idea of being accountable because like I said before these steps get taken waaaaayyy out of proportion and some non addicts use that as a way to have addicts cop to EVERYTHING that's gone wrong during their addiction. I'd be hesistate too, to always have to blanketly admit to being the reason for all that's been wrong with XYZ.  When Kim doesn't readily accept responsibility I see it as her thinking "yeah I was drunk, and yeah it caused that unfortunate situation but do you remember the conversation we had before I got drunk? The accusations and hurtful things you hurled at me right before I got drunk?" I feel that in Kim's mind Kyle and the rest of the family played a big part in the reasons why she even became an addict so that what I get when I see Kim not completely taking accountability for the situations that arise due to her being and addict.

Kim will always get my sympathy because is alcoholism is a disease and it affects how she behaves with those around her. That's like being mad at someone with Terrets. There are some people with Terrets that handle it better than others. Some are really unpleasant because of how draining and emotional living with Terrets can be while others are able to cope and not let it affect their ability to control their frustrations. For both scenarios there is still sympathy to be had because the underlying reality is both are battling difficult diseases they cannot fully control. Everyone's different and having to battle something like that doesn't give people a pass to act any old way but I don't think Kim has completely gone ballistic in her basic behavior around others.   I think Kim's behavior is well in proportion to Kyle's behavior. The addiction part doesn't help her cause but even with all those factors I don't see Kim as some huge monster. I see her being a product of her situation and considering the ingredients I am not surprised at the results or fault Kim too much for her reactions to these matters.

And yes it's infuriating to watch these women behave as if one slip up, one bad night is the equivalent of Kim beating up old ladies for crack money. Slip ups happen and even if she isn't announcing it to the world doesn't mean she isn't trying to dust herself off and keep working on her sobriety. Just because her recovery doesn't follow AA's textboard 12, 13, 45, 55 steps ver batim and not during filming doesn't mean that she's not making an effort. Who's to say exactly how she should be treating this latest slip up? As for us having to hear about her going to rehab by now. Why? She doesn't HAVE to check in to rehab for every slip up to PROVE she's working on it. And if it comes out that she has relapsed big then I'm sorry for her but fingers crossed that she hasn't. Either way Kim has a lot of obstacles in front of her and Kyle is a big one. History or no history Kyle's one big trigger for Ms Kim Richards and seems more concerned with holding her sister accountable about any and all things that she can find. The anger and frustration is warranted but how does that do anything but create even more of a temptation to bend the elbow?? I get it Kyle shouldn't have to blah blah blah but shit Kyle doesn't have to push her in front of the bus either.

A recovering addict has to earn back any sort of trust, it is not given to them just because they complete a 30 day rehab program. Kim has "fallen off the wagon" many times since she got out of rehab, this is not the 1 and only time. I also do not think Kim has been sober this season at all. Her slurring is back, her glassy eyes are back, her inability to focus and follow the simplest conversation are back as well. 

Kim's addiction is not and never has been alcohol, it is pills/powder, not booze. For some reason, Kim and her family believe that alcohol addiction carries less stigma than drug abuse, be it illegal drugs or illegal use of legal drugs. She may have chased that pill down with alcohol but it was the pill that mattered most.

Comparing Terrets with alcohol/drug addiction is like comparing water to alcohol.

That Lisa R is calling Kim out is in direct response to what Kim has said/done to her. It is time they start addressing the very pink high as a kite elephant in the room before it is too late.

That's being an asshole while drunk and since she can pretty much hit asshole status while sober I don't associate that behavior with automatic alcoholic. She was drinking and she does act stupid but her drinking problem isn't alcoholism it's not being a responsible drinker. Now is it possible that she is an alcoholic. Absolutely but so far from what I've seen and what the women are using to throw the label out doesn't come close to justifying throwing out such a label.

Brandi is a functioning alcoholic. That means she can get day to day tasks done but then when she drinks, be it late at night by herself, after the kids are in bed or at their dads house, she reaches for the bottle and finishes it by herself. When she is out with friends, she gets her drunk on even if it is not appropriate. Brandi does not know when to step away and stop with just 1 small glass of wine, she can not do it. She claims she can do but choses not to, a typical comment made by someone addicted to alcohol or drugs.

• Love 9

I just read all the blogs, and all the HW's are in unison - they hate Brandi, and they all have her number. Each and every one was peeved about Brandi calling Bella an alcoholic, and each and every one said it wasn't true and no one gossiped or speculated about it, and each and every one called out Brandi for deflecting.

Of course, no blog from Kim.

• Love 10

"Everything i do is for my children. I don't care what anyone thinks." Can Brandi not see that craziness in that statement to Yolonda? Still harping about her son being an asshole and saying what he did was a dick move. He's a freakin' kid!!!

I think the comment about Brandi's kid being an a-hole is more of a reflection of her as a parent than the kid. Remember when he peed on the lawn at Adrienne's? Yes, she was in a boot, but she did nothing to reprimand him. I know we never see her on screen with the kids, but I have a hunch Lisa takes better care of Giggy than Brandi does of her own kids.

Yes, I agree, that's what I meant. She's a shitty parent and it shows when she talks about her kids the way she does. My mother or father would never dream of saying such things about any of us!

My bad, I should have been clear! I was 100% agreeing with you. We're totally on the same page. Brandi's parenting skills are subpar and she has no business bringing up Bella's DUI, for numerous reasons.

Edited by rho
  • Love 5

Kim, Brandi, and Kyle have "taken over the show" because the others (other than Lisa with the adoption stuff) really aren't bringing anything interesting enough to film.  (For a show like this, we know the drill.)  Now, it looks like Lipsa loses her shit later, but again, because of KIM.

As much as Brandi has been Kim's mouthpiece in the battle between the Richard's Sisters, I really believe that Lipsa is doing the same thing for her long time good friend Kyle.  Both mistakenly feel they are "helping" the sister they like, but really?  They are being used by two old pros who have probably done this shit for years.

It is possible that Lisa R is just taking up Kyle's side but I get the impression that the Kim in the limo really freaked her out and that is why she is concerned about Kim. With Brandi, the death of her BILs makes her worry about Brandi's drinking.

It's funny -- that was exactly how I thought the conversation was going to be because Brandi ALWAYS retaliates by revealing things that were said in confidence or alluding to personal information that she could reveal. I think her quickness to clarify Bella wasn't an alcoholic and what I perceived to be anxiety that Yolanda felt she was attacking her daughter changed my interpretation and made me wonder if the other wives aren't giving her a bit of the handlebar mustache treatment. And now I sound like Heather Dubrow and I'm going to shut up. Feel better soon! I hate the NyQuil effect...everyone thinks I'm nuts but I swear it makes my entire body feel grainy.

She did not say that Bella was "not an alcoholic" until after she saw Yolanda's face. Then she added in that she did not believe Bella had a problem. And she never apologized to Yolanda for hurting her because she accomplished what she wanted, the focus was off of her drinking.

I agree with you about the "why now?" question. As you said, "now" feels like a completely normal time to start wondering, inquiring... And while a lot of folks said that Lisa and Pandora were probably just expressing nervousness about Max seeking info. on his birth mother (and are probably right), the "why now" question and Lisa's answer ("I don't even think they will...don't even say that") makes me think that there's at least the possibility that Lisa was referring to Max popping the question to his girlfriend. And we already know she's not in favor of their relationship. How else does Lisa's reply make sense?

"Why now", why is Max asking about his birth family now, not earlier/years ago. The "I don't even think" was about Max wanting that family over their family and/or that the BP will insert themselves into the Vanderpump/Todd family. JMO

• Love 5

There are websites out there devoted to celebrity crotch shots, panties showing shots, nip slips, and the paparrazzi gets paid when they happen, that's why they wait outside of clubs, and get low when people are getting into cars. Anne Hathaway just had one, Jennifer Aniston has one, hell tons of people do. I think I'd be less bothered if it didn't feel like women shaming women by using the whole tampon string comment. "Brandi flashed her crotch while falling down drunk" bothers me not at all, but why is it somehow WORSE that she happened to be having her period at the time? It happens to all of us, for several days a month.

I'm trying to put my finger on why the tampon string being the lead here bothers me.

The tampon string reminds me of when I was 17-years old and commuting into NYC to attend The Fashion Institute of Technology. I was there for fashion illustration and enrolled in a life drawing class. The model had a string dangling between her legs and never having used a tampon, I couldn't figure out what it was. I of couse didn't include it in my 4' nude painting. But I was traumatized...till my friends gave me the scoop, lol.

What a naive kid I was...I reported the girls bathroom was out-of-order...years later a friend told me the smell was from pot smokers congregating in the bathroom. Maybe that's why one student was talking to a painting on the cafeteria wall...substance abuse has been around for a long time. Dealing with it must be difficult for all involved...especially a bunch of BH housewives.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

She did not say that Bella was "not an alcoholic" until after she saw Yolanda's face. Then she added in that she did not believe Bella had a problem. And she never apologized to Yolanda for hurting her because she accomplished what she wanted, the focus was off of her drinking.

I interpreted that as back pedaling after realizing she had just hurt her friend. Agree to disagree? :)

• Love 1

Felt to me as if Pandora was worried that Max's birth family might want some money. Lisa V has mentioned that in some THs.

I apologize for being too lazy to research this...

Has it been firmly established as fact whether or not LisaV and Ken knew Max's birth family?

I wondered if the V-T's are just worried that Max would be ashamed of or disappointed by his biological family.

Remember when Kennedy used to love to go to Kyles house and play with Porscha (sp?) and Brandi has said Kyle has baby sat for her in a pinch. I think Kyles house is a laid back and fun place to be. I see her as being a more the merrier kind of gal. I like that. Also when Yo got the news about Bella Kyle was very kind in her response and in her talking head. She said something to the effect you raise your kids and try to teach them but sometimes they make mistakes. I know Yo hasn't publically dumped Brandi but in my heart of hearts I know Brandi is dead to Yo after that statement.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 7

I don't know, man. That could be it, I guess. Or maybe the people who gave up Max have some issues, or are people that Lisa wouldn't want associating with him? Maybe they're grifters who want to get their paws on Max's Vanderpump dough!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Are we taking Brandi's word for this?  HUGE huge stretch to state that Kim is stealing Monty's pain patches when we don't even know if Monty has pain patches or if Kim is using a pain patch.  

I'm not sure if it's a fact or not but it's a disturbing assertion and I feel like if Kim can find the time to take Kyle to task in her blog for supposedly not being "concerned" then she can certainly address some of the allegations that Brandi has made if she wants to give her side of the story. She hasn't made one comment about the fact that Brandi has repeatedly made statements about Kim having fallen off of the wagon in spite of Kim's claim that she's been sober for three years. Brandi has literally phrased it as falling off of the wagon so how is it that Kim has decided not to address any of this?

• Love 7

Until Kyle gets therapy to better understand addicts, she will continue to harp and sound like a broken record. By yelling at Kim, Kyle is hoping she can get through to her sister. I have mentioned before my dealings with addicts. Time and time again I found myself crying, praying, hoping, and confronting these addicts about the behavior they exhibited.

I don't think cry-yelling works particularly well on or for anyone. It hasn't done a thing for me.

• Love 3

I apologize for being too lazy to research this...

Has it been firmly established as fact whether or not LisaV and Ken knew Max's birth family?

I wondered if the V-T's are just worried that Max would be ashamed of or disappointed by his biological family.

I don't think that's been established.  Just a lot of rumors.

I'm not sure if it's a fact or not but it's a disturbing assertion and I feel like if Kim can find the time to take Kyle to task in her blog for supposedly not being "concerned" then she can certainly address some of the allegations that Brandi has made if she wants to give her side of the story. She hasn't made one comment about the fact that Brandi has repeatedly made statements about Kim having fallen off of the wagon in spite of Kim's claim that she's been sober for three years. Brandi has literally phrased it as falling off of the wagon so how is it that Kim has decided not to address any of this?

Kim doesn't want to lose her new BFF, so she will go after Lisar.  There is no doubt Brandi has painted Lisar out to be pure evil.

• Love 4

I think it's a common worry when you seek this kind of information.

Who knows what you may get, or what problems you could add to your life?  I've known several people who have found the information (about birth parents, and siblings they never knew) and had to make a tough call.  Do they WANT that relationship in their lives? 

My dad had two other daughters, but we were estranged.  I found out their names after he died, and simply sat  on the information, didn't contract them, wasn't sure if I wanted the possible hassles.  As it turned out last year they found me, and I was very hesitant at first, but they mostly wanted information and were very sweet, and also live far away, so it was intense for a while and is now just a Facebook friends type of relationship.  It was scary for me though, and they weren't an unknown parent. 

I think when you have Vanderpump money, the idea that the family COULD want to get more involved for a possible boon has to be considered.  Lisa was probably given information about the mother anyway, since it was a Foster Care adoption.  Was the parent abusive, incompetent, simply overwhelmed, a drug addict, or (best case) just too young for a child?  Foster Care for a blond blue eyed baby boy seems odd to me, since there is such a huge demand in the adoption world for that.  The mother could have gone the private adoption route if it was up to her, or probably even got some money out of it.  That makes me think the baby was removed from the home for cause.  Or, if the parents were killed, Foster Care would have the child, but the mother seems to have been alive, or why would Lisa wonder if he wanted to contact her?

Anyway, I think Lisa and Ken adore Max, he wasn't on before because he didn't want to be on.  I think doing this on camera was probably because he wants the money being on the show, or VPR will bring him, so a mini audition for Bravo maybe?  Still they were all wonderful together, loved his affectionate "mum" to her and reassuring her.

• Love 4

Does Kim address any substance abuse allegations?  Or does she ignore them?

• Love 1

I lost my sister this year as well, and I completely get where Eileen was trying to go.  Those two wastes of skin can't see the forest for the trees, and each tree is a different memory of a perceived slight or issue from childhood through middle age.

If Kim dies, Kyle can do the crying thing, and get more screen time and sympathy, and be the only one left to define their relationship.  She's probably already rehearsed it in her mind, the DEVASTATING LOSS! 

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister.

....And wow, that was just cold. They may be unlikeable, but any loss of life is sad. :(

• Love 6

Brandi didn't say Bella was an alcoholic. She said OTHER people said that, and that both she and Yo knew that wasn't true.

I'm not saying she didn't deflect in a low way, but let's get it right.

A few of gossip rags did have headlines like that though.

Brandi didn't say Bella was an alcoholic. She said OTHER people said that, and that both she and Yo knew that wasn't true.

I'm not saying she didn't deflect in a low way, but let's get it right.

A few of gossip rags did have headlines like that though.

If Kim dies, Kyle can do the crying thing, and get more screen time and sympathy, and be the only one left to define their relationship.  She's probably already rehearsed it in her mind, the DEVASTATING LOSS!

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister.

....And wow, that was just cold. They may be unlikeable, but any loss of life is sad. :(

Thank you.

Why do people keep leaving the last line off of what I said?

She doesn't really get what that will mean.  Eileen was trying to show them both that, but they are too selfish, stupid, childish, and angry to care.

I'm trying to say that Eileen was TRYING her best to explain that this bullshit routine Kyle and Kim have going on will NOT matter if/when one dies.  None of it will matter, only all the time they've wasted fighting.  Eileen was attempting to get them to realize the love is more important than whatever slights or piddly shit they are fighting about is, and I get that, and applaud her for it.

My comment about Kyle was that she THINKS she knows, but if she really did?  She'd drop the bullshit, and the bickering, and so would Kim. 

We found my daughters biological mother last year. My greatest hope was some pictures and perhaps some health history. Never could I imagine that I would gain what amounts to , a second daughter. Her inability to parent was solely a result of her culture and her financial situation. In another time or place and she would have been a fantastic mother. I don't know what I did in a previous life that I got rewarded in this one with the best daughter anyone could ask for plus a bonus daughter whom I adore.

That's so wonderful!

I think it can go either way.  Two different friends had a different father, but while they did track down information and history that both could, bothopted against contacting them.  One finally got in touch with three step sisters (well, her daughter did.)  It's been a mixed bag.

Family, sometimes you just have enough issues with the ones you have to want to invite more in.

I think it can go either way with these things.  It's scary though, and I think Lisa, Pandy, and Max were pretty real, especially for having cameras on them.  Lisa apologizes in her blog for springing that on Pandy, she didn't realize it would impact her that way.  I believe her.

Edited by Umbelina

I'm trying to say that Eileen was TRYING her best to explain that this bullshit routine Kyle and Kim have going on will NOT matter if/when one dies.  None of it will matter, only all the time they've wasted fighting.  Eileen was attempting to get them to realize the love is more important than whatever slights or piddly shit they are fighting about is, and I get that, and applaud her for it.

My comment about Kyle was that she THINKS she knows, but if she really did?  She'd drop the bullshit, and the bickering, and so would Kim.

You keep using the word "bickering," or say their issues are petty, like they're bickering over whose turn it is to do the dishes. Kim's been an addict her entire adult life, and Kyle's awful mother put the responsibility of looking out for her AND keeping it a secret all on her. Those are some major pressures, not to mention a total mind fuck. Add to the mix the jealousies and competition, money issues, etc... No wonder they fight. And they will continue this pattern until Kyle goes to Al-Anon or learns how to disengage, or Kim's sobriety sticks, or Kim dies. Having a friend or any non-professional tell them to stop with the pettiness and remember they love each other, or any other silly platitude, is stupid and futile.

• Love 16

Thank you.

Why do people keep leaving the last line off of what I said?

My comment about Kyle was that she THINKS she knows, but if she really did?  She'd drop the bullshit, and the bickering, and so

Thanks for the reply, I honestly don't remember your last line. I think the part about Kyle was so inflammatory that I don't recall the rest of your post and that's what I responded to. I don't disagree with your explanation.

• Love 5

They're driving her to drugs/alcohol because they had the nerve to question her behavior just sounds like addict justification. It's "okay" Kim slipped because her daughter moved out or her dog was taken away or her first husband is dying or she's being called out about her glassy eyes. So what about all the other times she's slipped? I think that's a burden that doesn't need to be placed on the other women. If Kim has decided to keep using and not seek help, then that's on her and her alone.

Menopause!!! I bet Kim never thought about that excuse. That would be perfect for her except she was trying to act like she thought she was pregnant 2 seasons ago. So she might need to stick with the hernia thing.

YES to the first paragraph. 

As for menopause...Nah she can't use that one yet. Wasn't she yammering about popping out another kid awhile back?

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

Kim hasn't written a blog in two weeks.

Here are the blogs with the seriously crappy new BRAVO format.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-addiction-is-not-a

Ugh.  That is a crappy format.  I rarely read the blogs.  Generally I'll skim Eileen's and Lisa R's.

Lisa: Are you high?

Kim: the moon is blue and i love you..,,

Yes, that's my impression.  So if Kim never really addresses addiction, why would she address specific pill/patch/booze allegations from Brandi?

• Love 4

You keep using the word "bickering," or say their issues are petty, like they're bickering over whose turn it is to do the dishes. Kim's been an addict her entire adult life, and Kyle's awful mother put the responsibility of looking out for her AND keeping it a secret all on her. Those are some major pressures, not to mention a total mind fuck. Add to the mix the jealousies and competition, money issues, etc... No wonder they fight. And they will continue this pattern until Kyle goes to Al-Anon or learns how to disengage, or Kim's sobriety sticks, or Kim dies. Having a friend or any non-professional tell them to stop with the pettiness and remember they love each other, or any other silly platitude, is stupid and futile.

They aren't fighting about anything important, or the addiction issues.  They are bickering about bullshit.

Oh, and Big Kathy also asked Kim to take care of Kyle.  It wasn't one way.

• Love 1

Speaking of family and children, we caught a quick glimpse into my own household when my daughter Amelia was running late for a One Direction concert. Watching this was like looking into a mirror. I absolutely cannot stand being late for anything, and I get really stressed out when it happens. Clearly this is something Amelia gets from me, and when it’s coupled with holding up her ride for 10 minutes and a One Direction concert, instinct and desperation kicks in. A 13-year-old girl running late for a concert with five cute guys is like missing a 100% off sale at Neiman's.

Didn't know the bitchy teen was only 13.  5 more years of that Lisa!

They aren't fighting about anything important, or the addiction issues. They are bickering about bullshit.

EVERYTHING they fight about is about Kim's addiction. It's the underlying issue to everything they fight over. Worse, both Kim and their mother have guilted Kyle into never talking about it publicly.

Oh, and Big Kathy also asked Kim to take care of Kyle. It wasn't one way.

Kim doesn't know what day it is. She can't even take care of a dog. And then there's the chicken salad. I'm obsessed with Kim's crazy chicken salad recipe.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 19

I think the keeping of secrets is starting to do them both in.  Kyle doesn't know from one day to the next what can be discussed, what has been discussed with Brandi and what twist Brandi will put on it.  It amazed me that Kim did not take the opportunity to apologize to Eileen at the lunch Eileen hosted.   Do you suppose Yolanda and Eileen coordinated schedules so Kim didn't drag Brandi along? 

This recap has a few laugh out loud moments:  http://www.trashtalktv.com/02/11/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-sisters-drunks-and-really-bad-films/347022/3/  He does so much better when he is not focused on Kyle's back fat.

• Love 5