Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did you ever watch House? He was House's rapping roommate in the psychiatric hospital.

I did but I don't think that's why he is familiar. He looks like someone (but not sure it's another celeb or someone I know personally).

I've never heard of "Hamilton," so not up on the love for it. Maybe if you have seen the show?

Was that a commercial for Gwen Stefani? I muted it now and then. At least it wasn't a tribute to her and Blake Shelton's magical LUV. <skeptical -- maybe too much publicity?>

Did you ever watch House? He was House's rapping roommate in the psychiatric hospital.

He was also the guy that gave Jay on Modern Family Stella the dog. He did the voice of the Murray theme song on Sesame Street. I do not know if they do the Murray and his lamb on Sesame Street anymore. I used to see it with my nieces. They are older now. I believe Lin-Manuel Miranda just needs an Oscar to EGOT.

Alabama Shakes! I love Alabama Shakes!

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Never heard of Alabama Shakes but I like them! Need to check them out in the next few days. If there is a fan here please direct me in what to check out first thanks!

They've only released 2 albums - Boys and Girls, and Sound and Color.  And they're quite different experiences, but I love them both.

Edited by ebk57
  • Love 2

Can you raid the wedding stash?  

God, I wish but someone else is bringing the champagne (pink, for there is no other champagne to me) for tomorrow. And we're going out for dinner afterwards so unless someone can truck me over a vat of bellinis from the restaurant, I'll have to start pacing myself. 

It's a very fancee wedding, as you can no doubt tell. 

• Love 3

I can't help it, "All I Ask" brings me to tears.

I concur. I like Adele, but I like her personality a lot. She is hilarious. At least she does not have a "girl squad". Though in all honesty, I like anyone without a "squad", bonus if they do not ever use the phrase "squad goals".

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 8

God, I wish but someone else is bringing the champagne (pink, for there is no other champagne to me) for tomorrow. And we're going out for dinner afterwards so unless someone can truck me over a vat of bellinis from the restaurant, I'll have to start pacing myself. 

It's a very fancee wedding, as you can no doubt tell. 

The only kind of wedding to have!  :-)

• Love 2

This is some boring ass shit.

Kendrick's performance kinda took my breathe away. Not because it was amazing (it wasn't boring, so that's good), but that was some spitfire rapping at the end there. I feel like they're atoning for Kendrick not getting BNA the other year because they gave it to Macklemore for his pandering "Same Love" song.

Kinda loved Stevie's nyah-nyah-y'all-can't-read-braille thing. It's kinda weird that Sheeran won for a song he performed last year. Same as when Beyonce won for Drunk in Love the year after she opened the show with that song. I literally said, "TAYLOR SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!" when she hopped up like her team just scored. Such an attention vampire.

Florence and the Machine is rock? The fuck?

I'm tired of the Weeknd. I think someone at his label told him that he needs to do Bruno Mars' music while he's in-between albums. I think if cut his hair nobody would give a shit. As long as it looks like Cthulhu we think he's doing something.

Carrie and Sam Hunt would've been a little better if their mics had been working.

Adele's...reliably good. There's a reason why she's Adele and the rest of them aren't. And it proves what I've always said about her: when you bookend her with a bunch of people who are only used to singing about sex and parties, she sounds awesome.

I liked James Bay and Tori Kelly. I hope Tori wins BNA.

Meghan Trainor looks like she's going to a singles mixer at the local Jewish community center.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 1

Looks like I'm in a minority, but I think the Kendrick Lamar performance was by the best one I've seen all night by far.

And time for another minority opinion, I'd much rather see Adele introduce Bruno Mars than the other way around.

I'll join you, slade347. I thought Kendrick's performance was fantastic. Easily the best of the night for me, along with Hamilton. (I had tickets for Hamilton in February, but had to postpone. Luckily I just bought some released seats for June and September. Can't wait!)

• Love 4

The Grammy Awards: Still on CBS. Did we mention CBS? CBS.

Seriously? They are? Has it been mentioned?

Yeah, I will never be a Justin Bieber fan. 

Is it me or is there less variety in the performances? It probably is just me.

Never thought I'd say this, but can we have a ballad instead? Please?

Can we have another act instead?

• Love 2

This Bieber performance is pretty embarrassing. He's hopping around and doing that glide thing like this is a Christian revival. It's like...wow.

And FUCKING Meghan Trainor won Best New Artist?! That's some bullshit. The fucking Lena Dunham of Pop fucking...This is some bullshit. I'm turning this shit off.

• Love 4

I don't get Meghan Trainor. She's not particularly talented. She isn't very pretty, she isn't thin (especially by Hollywood standards). Why is she so popular? Adele while while not thin, at least has a pretty face and can sing (although tonight she sounded off)....Meghan seems so ordinary.

Edited by Laurie4H

Now I'm going to say something really unpopular, but I can't stand Lady Gaga, never could .She has a fabulous voice, but I always rolled my eyes when people would say what she's doing is "art" because no, everything she did was a carefully crafted publicity stunt.

• Love 8

I, um... Gaga is... I don't even know. 

There's some Bowie in it but there's some Elvis, too, and I don't quite know what's happening.

I keep thinking Tilda Swinton.  Is that bad?

• Love 6