Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Drink! Dave Grohl sighting! I think it should be two shots since it wasn't a traditional rock/hard rock song. 

Damn.  Missed it!   Can I please drink anyway?

And look - it's Lionel singing!  I'm shocked!!!

Edited by ebk57
  • Love 2

... seriously? Seriously?! Just call it the Grammy Concert with bonus awards. What happened to an award show handing out awards? I know, crazy concept but...

I think that's about the same amount they present every year.  The only way to get eyes on the show is the concert part.  Or so they think

• Love 2

I think that's about the same amount they present every year.  The only way to get eyes on the show is the concert part.  Or so they think

I think it is. And I think I have the same reaction every year, too. It's my yearly "Back in my day, sonny"/"Hey, you kids, off my lawn!" moment. Or the wine always makes me forget until the next year. Toss up, really.

• Love 3

Best quote I read on one of the several live blogs I'm following:  "John Legend is an unguent. He makes everything just a little bit greasier."

Yes!  That's the New York Times.  They're so much ruder than normal tonight!

• Love 2

Was the Lionel tribute the only upbeat performance?

Yawn. This is nominated for song of the year? Really?

I am more of a singer/songwriter, alternative, indie (indie-folk), and rock sort of girl. Any performances of any of that?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

So what's with all the boring as fuck performances? If I was invited to perform at the Grammys I'd be like, "OK, I'm going to do a rocking song and KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF." But....zzzz. Everyone is singing these slow-ass ballads and putting me to sleep.

• Love 2

You wouldn't know that Earth Wind & Fire was actually an R&B band based on that performance. Speaking of Earth, Wind & Fire, they're still a performing band. Maybe they should have just had Stevie jam with them? Sigh.

• Love 4

I remember last years Grammy show being just as snooze worthy and everyone here saying, "just wait until next year, there weren't any upbeat songs out this year". I think it's the same story again this year however with all the unexpected deaths and tributes going on the tone of the show changes a bit.

• Love 1

Ed Whoever wins an award, Taylor Swift is acting like her baby just graduated with honours. I think she was more excited than him.

Her reaction was so over the top. I get wanting a friend to win, but geez then it became all about Taylor's reaction shots. I cannot with her and her squad member Selena Gomez. 

• Love 2