Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

According to the soon to be Mr. Callaphera, this Eagles bit sucks because someone original isn't playing guitar, this is too slow of a version and he's still bitching since the song started. I think he needs more wine too.

More wine for everyone!!!  

• Love 4

Bella Hadid looks like she is bored out of her mind with The Weekend. Then again her mom might have told her only to eat some almonds and lemons before The Grammys. It could possibly be the Lyme disease though, at least according to her mother. 

• Love 6

According to the soon to be Mr. Callaphera, this Eagles bit sucks because someone original isn't playing guitar, this is too slow of a version and he's still bitching since the song started. I think he needs more wine too.

I'm breaking out the Jack Daniels.

• Love 1

I liked the Eagles and the Glenn Frey tribute. What am I missing that some of you don't like? I am still so sad about this.

I do think, however, that Jackson Browne needs a haircut. :)

I liked the Eagles performance too, and Jackson Browne was a perfect choice to perform with them considering he co-wrote that song. 

I wish the Hamilton performance had been live at the Staples Center, but I understand why it wasn't.

• Love 2

Hamilton! Lin-Manuel Miranda! Daveed Diggs! Leslie Odom Jr! Christopher Jackson! Squee! Okieriete Onaodowan! Phillipa Soo! I could do a one woman version of this show! It would be horrible, but I know all the lyrics!

I was trying to not to sing so as not to annoy Mr ebk.  It was difficult.

• Love 3

Thumper - The Glenn Frey tribute I saw cut off that red headed guy's acceptance speech and then started part way through the Eagle's song. I loved the performance, but I only got part of it.

Joe Walsh looked better than Jackson Browne. Scary!

I liked the Eagles and the Glenn Frey tribute. What am I missing that some of you don't like? I am still so sad about this.

I do think, however, that Jackson Browne needs a haircut. :)

This was one of the Grammy segments I was most looking forward to tonight, and I feel that the producers messed it up.  First of all, they're trying to work the death tributes into an award show, so there is an odd pacing to it -- death tribute, award, death tribute, regular song, more awards, more death... Then, they interrupted Ed Sheeran's co-winner to put a big video of Glenn Frey up on the screen, which pissed off the audience (I heard groans and grumbles).  Then, no one even introduced Jackson Browne and (some of) the Eagles.  Everyone in the audience was apparently supposed to know what was happening even though no one announced it. Then, they didn't show us anyone in the audience singing along except for one person I didn't recognize.  Where was Dave Grohl? 

Finally, Jackson Browne has sung that song thousands of times in his life and he did not sound good.  Was he sick, maybe?  I have heard him sing it better.  He even messed up the lyrics at the end.

I think that all of the death tribute songs should have been lumped into one big group, closer to the In Memoriam segment.  The pacing feels weird, and I think that what could have been a more emotional tribute to Glenn Frey was stepped on and kind of screwed up.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 7

From one of my friends:  Millions of children are now googling "was Aaron Burr black?" 

They're probably googling "Who killed Alexander Hamilton"?

And, just because I can't not do it...  "Aawon Buhh!"

• Love 7

I know y'all were really excited about this Hamilton performance and it was good. But a musical theatre album award? When the Hard Rock category always gets a little written blurb on the side during the "Awards were also handed out in the following categories earlier this week..." bit? 

I mean, best award acceptance speech of the night but man. Of all the "other" categories to show on the actual broadcast, they pick that one?

The lead guy in Hamilton reminds me of someone. I had to Google him because he was so familiar but he isn't anyone I knew. Who does he look like? Unless he resembles someone I know personally and not a celeb....lol

I know y'all were really excited about this Hamilton performance and it was good. But a musical theatre album award? When the Hard Rock category always gets a little written blurb on the side during the "Awards were also handed out in the following categories earlier this week..." bit? 

I mean, best award acceptance speech of the night but man. Of all the "other" categories to show on the actual broadcast, they pick that one?

I totally get that.  And I was surprised they gave it out during the show.  I'd been scouring the award list before the on-air part started because they usually give it out first.  I guess because they had them perform, they figured they'd do this on-air too.  

Good thing it won :-)

• Love 1

So far I can honestly say I enjoyed the latest American Music Awards more. I felt the Eagles were trying to hold back tears and that made me sad. I wish the David Bowie tribute would hurry up and start. Never heard of Hamilton but my teen agreed with me we would go to a performance if we could. I wish the Lionel Ritcjie tribute was longer.

• Love 2

The lead guy in Hamilton reminds me of someone. I had to Google him because he was so familiar but he isn't anyone I knew. Who does he look like? Unless he resembles someone I know personally and not a celeb....lol

Did you ever watch House? He was House's rapping roommate in the psychiatric hospital. 

• Love 1

Do you have a kid? He used to be on The Electric Company. The newer one that was on around 2009-2010. He used to rap Silent E is a Ninja. Now he's a star. He wrote/starred in In The Heights. I knew him when...

OK, I am completely obsessed with Hamilton. I was irrationally hoping it would just keep going. That was awesome! I'll have to watch it a couple hundred times and the acceptance rap to catch everything.

• Love 2

Looks like I'm in a minority, but I think the Kendrick Lamar performance was by the best one I've seen all night by far.

And time for another minority opinion, I'd much rather see Adele introduce Bruno Mars than the other way around.

• Love 3