Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

Last night we heard Yolanda call Blanca, 'Blankie' and again, I wasn't bothered in the least.  Seems to me that Yolanda and Lisa have close relationships with Blanca and Rocio and using the other names is done out of fondness and familiarity. 

The difference, as far as I see it, is that Lisa's totally not pronouncing Rocio's name correctly. I don't know if I've ever heard a diminutive/affectionate version of Rocio being "Roh-see-yuh" as Lisa says it. Yolanda calling Blanca "Blanqui" is different in that the diminutive/affectionate version of Blanca is "Blanquita" which can be shortened further to "Blanqui."

• Love 2

My questions: Why is this a subject that Kim is supposed to address? What REAL dilemma is Kim supposed to be handling right now that has Kyle so offended and is worthy of a rift between sisters? Your friend stepped over the line and was disrespectful? Yeah, okay, I get it but is it really so gosh darn debilitating to Kyle that it needs such repair. Basically your sisters friend showed her ass and it pissed you off. Not for nothing is this really supposed to even be in the list of battles Kim's facing?

Nothing.  Kyle stated it last night.  They have no issues but what Brandi was throwing at her.  Kyle started to defend herself (and rightly so) when Kim took Brandi's side against Kyle.  Kim brought Brandi to that party last night knowing full well what would go down and that Kyle did not want Brandi there.  Kim started that fight if you ask me.  Brandi stated a few times that she knew she wasn't wanted, yet went anyway.     On what planet do you go to a party where you aren't wanted?  Kim's innocent "Oh I thought you two could hash it out!"  WTF? It was a party with other people, why on earth would you handle it there?  Kim wanted a fight, she got one.

And why is this Kyle's fault?  I need you to explain that to me.  Yes you, because I don't understand the logic.  Kim stands there while Kyle defends herself and Brandi throws out an insult about Mauricio (someone who's never done anything to Brandi) and Kim says nothing.  But Kyle tells Brandi she was being aggressive and unfair at poker night and Kim pipes up with quite the defense about how Kyle started it. Sorry, but no.  Then next week Kim denies she heard it.  Again, if I was Kyle I would've stood up and left her at the table.  Kim is a bullshit artist, a baby and toxic to everyone around her.  She can't own her shit and does not feel like she needs to because well, she's an addict.

I hate her almost as much as I hate Cynthia Bailey.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 15

Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it. I actually think it's a normal reaction for even strangers to sort of body block people when they are in the immediate space where things are about to go down and they would rather not see it happen so they try and prevent it.

I agree.  So many examples.  My husband putting an arm up to shield me while walking away from a nut job at a concert.  A celebrity putting an arm up to shield their child from a paparazzi who is following too close. An attorney getting his client away from a heckler. If someone from behind grabs my husband's arm, or the paparazzi puts a hand on the celebrity or the heckler on the attorney, then that, imo, is the aggressor. 

But I'll stop there because all this talk about who was at fault there is so last episode. ;-)

• Love 4

The first story Adrienne told was that her sons went to school with Brandi's sons and that was how/where they met. Another producer driven lie.

Right up there with Heather Dubrow contacting Tamra Barney to purchase 5-star property in the OC.

I liked it in RHOC season 1 with Jo.  She knew none of the other cast members, so she just had to show up at a restaurant and introduce herself to make contact with Kimberly.

Much more organic, much more believable than the attempts to make us believe some of these women travel in the same social circles.  

• Love 4

I agree.  So many examples.  My husband putting an arm up to shield me while walking away from a nut job at a concert.  A celebrity putting an arm up to shield their child from a paparazzi who is following too close. An attorney getting his client away from a heckler. If someone from behind grabs my husband's arm, or the paparazzi puts a hand on the celebrity or the heckler on the attorney, then that, imo, is the aggressor. 

But I'll stop there because all this talk about who was at fault there is so last episode. ;-)

As stated before, the situation escalated because of Brandi.  Kyle was doing nothing to Kim that would suggest she was on the same level as a nut job at a concert or a paparazzi taking unwanted pictures of a child.  She was walking after her to understand why it was Kim was suddenly pissed off.  Had Brandi left them alone, they would've handled it and moved on.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 18

The drama about a scratch from a bracelet has got to end. Brandi is acting like Kyle shanked her and left her for dead.

Brandi didn't bring up the scratch until Kyle started whining about being assaulted.  Eileen caused some of the drama when she made the funny Neosporin comment.  She didn't even see what happened.  Brandi didn't know if those were Kyle's nails or what because Kyle grabbed her from behind.  If I were Brandi, I would've spun around, too, if I'd been grabbed three times like that to push her away from me. 

• Love 5
Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it.

I didn't think that Brandi's behavior felt like behavior that was appropriate for someone who was supposedly trying to diffuse a situation. The moment went from Kyle trying to talk to Kim to Brandi forcefully putting her arm in front of Kyle, on Kyle's body, as Kyle repeatedly asked her not to do so. She said, "Please don't do that." Brandi was extremely aggressive that night and Brandi's suggestion to watch the scene on mute doesn't suddenly put Brandi in a better light. Also, why does Brandi think that she should be the one to decide when two people get to have a conversation with each other?

Re: this past episode--would it really have been so hard for Brandi to say "I accept your apology and I apologize too for my part in escalating the situation." Brandi didn't even deserve an apology as far as I'm concerned but rather than be gracious and truthfully admit her own role in the drama she wants to have people believe that the entire situation is Kyle's fault and I find too frustrating.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 15

Okay I have to break it down like I saw it. I’m starting from the party and working in some stuff from earlier in the episode but mainly I want to focus on the party:

Kim askes Brandi to come and that exchange seemed pretty genuine and thought out. Kim didn’t seem malicious or calculating at all and Brandi just seemed to just go along with it cause lets face it Brandi just isn’t to bright and doesn’t know or want (whatever) to keep herself out of potentially awkward situations.

They talk in the Limo and you see that Kim really seems to have good intentions. Everything from Kim came across as genuine to me. Brandi still rough around the edges but I can actually believe that she’s dealing with nerves cause as “bold” as she is most people get a knot in their stomach if they know they are entering a not so comfortable situation.

They get there and I cringe because I’m expecting it to just start off badly but then Kim approaches Kyle states her case, talks to Kyle and even after realizing that Kyle isn’t too happy with her Kim seems pretty calm about the whole thing and doesn’t contribute any more to the awkwardness by getting confrontational. Now it’s worth mentioning the highly dramatic reaction Kyle has once she realizes that Kim has brought Brandi. Hey, I get it it’s awkward but I think she said it like a million times and I just seemed like such overkill. I’m surprised she didn’t go around and ask the ladies “Am I red? Do I look flushed? Oh my God this is so awkward”.  It’s rang like she was definitely setting the scene.

When she goes over to Brandi to say hi and actually gives the woman a kiss I completely shocked because from the previews I can’t believe that there was even a moment of “play nice” that evening.  That was a good as it was going to get Kyle, quickly pushes off which okay no big deal she said hi good for her. But then it’s Kyle who travels around the party updating anyone in earshot about the situation, awkwardness and all the sorted history back to the season when Brandi joined the cast.

Now let me say this, it wasn’t the smartest thing for Brandi  to accompany Kim but actually after hearing the way Kim put it and if I hadn’t seen the previews I would have trusted Kim’s calm demeanor about the idea and agreed.

Okay so now Kyle is lathering herself into a serious state and Lisa slips in such a well placed “Why are you here Brandi” and well that doesn’t help matters and I do believe it’s right around there that Kyle can’t hold back anymore and BAM!

What really took me by surprised was just how long and hard Kyle had to come at Brandi before Brandi started flexing her muscles. I have a hard time being a Brandi defender because she’s just so crass and ill timed but damn it if that girl doesn’t sit back and take shit for awhile before she fires back. I mean it! That’s what happened at game night, that’s what happened when Faye attacked her at that dinner (which I think she actually just left) and for a good other amount of times where her truth cannon mouth has worked against her. But have seen Brandi on more than one actually be attack and just nod, drink it in and not aggressively retaliate. At least not at first. If you look at her exchange with Kyle Brandi doesn’t really respond much until Kyle questions her right to be involved.

Brandi’s involvement:

I am completely enraged at the idea that Brandi isn’t supposed to be involved with Kim. No matter how you slice it Kyle isn’t up for the task anymore and that’s okay! I ain’t mad atcha. What angers me is that Kyle knows she’s not up for the task anymore but is so worried about how it looks to the outside world that she’s attacking and rejecting the idea of someone else stepping in.  Kim deserves to lean on anyone who’s willing to take the job whether it be temporarily, whether it be for a short while, whether it be someone willing to listen to her and soothe her. Who cares! If someone is willing to be that nurturing friend, that friend that she can call at 2am, that person she can feel not judged by then WTF!? We all take risks when we let people into our lives that initimately and that deeply but it is what it is and no matter what bad rap Brandi has she really isn’t any worse than plenty of people out there. Some people can take her personality and some people can’t that’s what it boils down to but Kim has decided to befriend her that’s that.

Everybody burns bridges at one time or another and either rebuilds the bridge or moves on.  I think the reason Kim really has taken to Brandi is because Brandi, like her does stupid shit, says the wrong thing at the wrong time and goes overboard which of course gets her judged. I think Kim, being the kind of person that needs to be forgiven A LOT has a connection with Brandi another woman whose actions gets her into trouble and needs to be forgiven A LOT. I think it’s a bond they share and that even Brandi gravitates towards nurturing Kim for the same reasons. It’s like they want to be around each other because they both understand that even when people fuck up royally they don’t deserve to be crucified continuously. They are both the type that need to believe in unconditional because their lives would be sooooooooo screwed if there weren’t people out there who supported unconditionally.

I think it’s cool that they can be there for each other. I don’t believe Brandi is contributing to Kim’s struggle with sobriety. I don’t think Brandi is a bad influence when it comes to Kim’s sobriety. Brandi’s a pain, a bitch blah blah and all that but I would never go as far as thinking Brandi would deliberately jeopardize Kim’s sobriety with some reckless actions or providing Kim with substances so what’s the big?????

Back to the party:
Kyle turned this whole thing into how can you choose her over me? Um what? When the hell did it turn into that? Oh yeah, I remember when Kyle started the whole she’s my sister, how dare you get in between me and my sister. DUDE! It was a petty and stupid confrontation you were trying to have with your sister at a friend/coworkers house. It wasn’t some planned, based out of love intervention that Brandi stormed in and yanked Kim away from.  KYLE is the one that has turned it into this big sister divide and something Kim has done wrong. Yes Kim turned it around to be about herself because IT IS about her. It’s about Kyle putting Kim in the middle by hyping up the original conflict to begin with.  Brandi is just defending herself against Kyle’s ridiculous melodramatics albeit too aggressively, that’s always Brandi’s downfall cause people are too busy reacting to how shocking Brandi is and not focused on the equally wrong behavior of Kyle’s that escalates the interaction. 

There’s this big need to hold Kim accountable and say that the concept of oh poor weak Kim has to be coddled and has to have things smoothed over for her. She can’t be expected to XYZ is bullshit.  Well then okay. I call bullshit on the whole well Poor Kyle, she’s been through so much, it’s understandable that she reacts the way she reacts. It’s draining on the non addicts of the family.. etc. etc. So the sympathy for Kyle's achille's heel exempts her from acting rationally, responsibly, maturely and she in no way shape or form should be expected to manage her anger, frustration so she doesn’t act out and have outbursts? From what I witness, and I don’t care about the years and years. From what I witness, a rational mature adult could have handled that a whole lot better than going on the attack. Aside from Brandi showing up there was nothing that provoked the attack that Kyle went into. Of course when the challenge has been laid down there will be instances that provoke an aggravated back and forth but Kyle was the one to initiate that aggressive display. And it was completely unnecessary, ridiculous and downright stupid.

• Love 5

I noticed a very suspicious exchange between Brandi and Kim when they were sitting on the couch at Kim's house.

Brandi asking Kim "Do you need anything?"  cocked her head, looked down and smiled slyly.

Kim answered "I'm fine." and did the same thing.

Makes me think they were not talking about a glass of water.

• Love 15

Yipes -- I'm about to dive off the the cliff finally after 5 seasons of being pushed. Here's what I really think -- That both Kim and Kyle were abused by their mother -- without question.  Total child abuse and we have an expert on H of H onboard here who can verify and represent. I don't think that's anything new. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Kim has been sexually abused or assaulted during her young Hollywood star years -- not at home -- but on set.  Maybe once -- maybe repeatedly.  Something more and extra happened to Kim that hasn't been shared with us -- and perhaps not even with Kyle, who, sue me, has no real fucking clue as to how to get close and help her sister.  As in NONE. As in get out of her Pantene - Demi Moore lookalike  way long enough to get either of these two sad bitches off the air.  Kyle is an idiot.  For real. 

Unfortunately, Kim may have shared what happened with Brandi because Brandi was outside of the family and thought safe.  As Brandi herself suggests in the argument.  And maybe not unfortunately because one way or another Kim may need to get this off her chest.  So Kim may have taken a huge gamble in trusting Glanville and Glanville may or not keep her mouth shut.  Either way Kyle has no clue.  Siblings think they know everything -- hello!, not!

This will fall under the umbrella of extreme Kim speculation.  As it should but really?  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 1

Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it. I actually think it's a normal reaction for even strangers to sort of body block people when they are in the immediate space where things are about to go down and they would rather not see it happen so they try and prevent it. I really don't see it as a glaring mistake on Brandi's part. Under normal circumstance (no cameras) I wouldn't be surprised by her actions so I won't be now.

Okay, but there are some things that just don't make sense to me, with this.  Kyle was not the one who sought her sister out, not once, but twice.  That was Kim.   Kyle was not the one who Brandi had to tell to "be nice."  That was Kim.  Kyle was not the one who made a cryptic, smartass remark to her sister before beginning the chase.  That was Kim. 

So, wouldn't Brandi, if she were so concerned about what was to go down, be warning Kyle about Kim and blocking Kim from getting to Kyle?  Kim started the game of TAG YOU'RE IT! by going back into the house after she and Kyle had said their polite goodbyes.  Why was Brandi verbally attacking Kyle for being "aggressive" with Kim and not "being there" for Kim (as she was bolting out the door, for the second time)?  If Brandi were acting from the heart, why not take Kyle aside calmly and explain to Kyle that Kim was agitated and upset and probably didn't mean the things she was saying and she, Brandi,  was just going to put her in a limo and send her home?  Why start shit again with Kyle, using inflammatory phrases she knew would set Kyle off?

Why?  Because Brandi's full of shit and she was loving every second of Kim and Kyle's drama that she had voluntarily and purposefully inserted herself into.

• Love 22

Wasn't that the way Adrienne said she met Taylor? I could be wrong about that. 

No, it was Brandi. There was also something about Brandi helping to park cars at some school event or charity event at the end of Adrienne's final season. I think Adrienne forgot what was first said about Brandi joining the show. That is what happens when the producers lie when they add a new HW to the mix that no one knew before.

• Love 3

Brandi was being aggressive. She was doing the same shit in last night's episode that she did that night at Eileen's: use her height advantage. Kyle was asking Kim why Kim was just snippy with her before leaving (because, for Pete's sake, Kim was obviously looking for a fight under the guise of going back to say goodbye). Kyle was trying to talk to Kim even before all three women reached the foyer, and Brandi made sure to physically insert herself between Kim and Kyle. That's aggression as far as I'm concerned. When they turned the corner into the foyer, Brandi put her arm to prevent Kyle from being near Kim--again, I'm calling it an act of aggression. 

I call total BS on Kim saying she didn't want to talk. Kim wanted to go back into that house, shit on Kyle some more, and not have to answer to it. Kim doesn't get to play that game, and I can see that Kyle was probably thinking the same thing.

Avaleigh, this almost took me OUT! Brandi really is out here acting like Kim standing in a bridal salon and watching Whitney parade in beautiful dresses was the most arduous of tasks. 

In Brandi and Kim's perfect world poker night would have ended for Kim with Brandi having successfully fought off Kyle's advances to talk to her sister and then Kim would have been placed in a limo and whisked back to her home also known as the opium den.  Brandi had every intention of going back into Eileen's (as she did after Kyle and Lisa left)  was she going to confront Kyle for not being there for Kim at 2 am because there was nothing "publicly" Kyle had done to Kim at the poker party or was she going to ensure no discussion was going to be had over Kim's altered state (or hers)? The fact that the bizarre limo ride with Lisa R was on camera would not matter to Brandi it would be Lisa's fault for not jumping out of moving car to spare Kim further embarrassment.  It just seems to me Brandi wants to direct and cast the show.  When given quality screen time with her friend Jennifer-who I guess Brandi thought it appropriate she go on camera with clown make up on her cheeks, Brandi did not follow one bit of her expert advice.

What Brandi fails to recognize is sisters speak differently to each other than they might coworkers/friends.  I can imagine Kyle thought keeping Kingsley was a bad idea, a bad idea that got worse when the dog attacked the elderly lady (Brandi was in NY filming Celebrity Apprentice so she was not there for Kim), most sisters would say, four bites Kim, get rid of the f#$%ing dog or you are going to end up getting sued.  And only a sister would capitulate to her broken down druggy's sister pleas of needing Kingsley now that her daughters have all moved on.  Same with Monty, Kim's sisters have a 30 year history with him, party Monty, the Monty that was  not there for his daughter because he was chasing the next poker opportunity, the Monty that makes promises to a needy Kim and then disappears, the sister who idealizes the relationship between the two of them until she gets slipped a "cancer" pill and her feelings come tumbling out on camera.  Kyle can't cure Monty's cancer any more than she can corral his wanderlust.  Kim may want to put out this perfect little picture of the family all be together for Monty and Kim being a big hero and then reality sets in.  Sometimes a cancer patient does not want to be in a house with its residents all having the flu or bronchitis, or wants to see his other children or past lady loves, or a really hot poker game in Vegas.  Sometimes it truly is about the patient and not the caregiver. 

• Love 2

Had Brandi left them alone, they would've handled it and moved on.

Had Kyle just blown off Kim's attempt to provoke ("Thanks, Kyle") because she's been down that road 3,876 times before - she would've stayed in that kitchen eating kids' pancakes, let Kim and Brandi leave and the confrontation at the door would have never happened. 

Let's say even IF Brandi would have left them alone, I don't think the Richard sisters are capable of handling this and moving on. Ever. 

• Love 3

Had Kyle just blown off Kim's attempt to provoke ("Thanks, Kyle") because she's been down that road 3,876 times before - she would've stayed in that kitchen eating kids' pancakes, let Kim and Brandi leave and the confrontation at the door would have never happened. 

Let's say even IF Brandi would have left them alone, I don't think the Richard sisters are capable of handling this and moving on. Ever. 

One does not equate to the other IMO.  And then I'll agree to disagree about the subject.

Kyle went to go speak to Kim because as far as she knew 10 minutes ago they were fine.  Then suddenly Kim's pissed.  If it's considered a downfall to want to follow someone who just suddenly did a 180 then I will own that shit until the day I die because I would've done exactly what Kyle did.  

Brandi, on the other hand, just wanted to get in between two people and cause an issue.  Because well, that's what she does.

• Love 13
And now Kyle has to deal with someone having an opinion of their friends sister which is her.  What’s the big? I still don’t see the need for all the outrage on Kyle’s part. Aside from being mad that an outsider may just have an opinion of her and isn’t her biggest fan. I mean it’s not like Brandi can officially keep Kyle away from Kim. Brandi doesn’t live there. Isn’t curled up on the bedroom floor guarding the door (but who knows) but seriously this is just so ridiculously blown out of proportion.

But it's not really about Kim having a friend who has a different opinion about Kyle. Brandi is openly doing exactly what Kyle accused her of doing-coming between the sisters. Not being Kim's friend more than Kyle's or being Kim's friend and not liking Kyle, but systematically telling Kim that Kyle is the enemy, doesn't understand her, is trying to undermine her, doesn't care about her. And Kim's letting her do it because Kim loves to accuse Kyle of that.

That's exactly what Kyle said to Kim, that she couldn't understand why Kim was letting Brandi do that. If I were in Kyle's place I think I'd get it that Brandi was doing it with Kim's blessing and every nasty thing out of her mouth is coming from Kim. Brandi's the non-sober friend who encourages all of Kim's worst addict tendencies: she coddles her, makes her drug use seem normal, encourages her to feel like a victim, exaggerates the "sacrifices" that Kim makes for others, tells her that the people who actually want to see her sober are the ones trying to destroy her. Kim's apparently not just occasionally venting to her friend about the times her sister drives her crazy, she's basically asking Brandi to see Kyle as the enemy and using her to hurt Kyle and give Kim an excuse to never have to care about Kyle or stay sober.

• Love 9

I am curious as to where you might come down on the way Brandi seems to keep reminding Kim that Kyle isn't there for her - isn't a good friend, isn't taking her calls at night. About Brandi telling Kim - who is clearly in some sort of trouble here - that ultimately Kyle wants to see her fail? I just cannot fathom how this is in any way defensible, and this gets to the heart of the entire debate. That is what this is all about.  Is Brandi going to be there for Kim for the long-term? Is she going to financially support Kim? Going to provide emotional support for Kim's children? I wouldn't think so. She can hardly take care of herself. What could possibly be gained by telling a very fragile Kim that Kyle, who Kim said was her very best friend in the world, didn't really have her best interests at heart?  How can that possibly be anything but evil? 

I would like to add to that some revisiting of the timeline of this fast and furious "friendship" betwixt Brandi and Kim.

I've heard it referenced on the show it's been on for about 6 months.

Now, bear with me here, but would that not put the start of this "friendship" after the filming of the prior season?  You know, that season where Brandi pretty much burned every bridge she had except with the ailing Yolanda who clearly wouldn't be in the best of shape for a lot of camera action in the upcoming season.  

I find it all sorts of curiously convenient that Brandi managed to successfully bond with Kim between last season and this season.

Kyle needing Kim for a storyline?

I think not.  

Without Kim, Brandi wouldn't have a storyline at all this season.  

I totally believe this is a friendship of convenience contrived by Brandi to give herself a storyline.  I doubt she has any true bond with Kim whatsoever.

And seeing how Kim is such a raging asshole herself, I'm looking forward to the reunion and some deconstructing of this "friendship."

• Love 15

The Richards sisters are living testaments of what happens when parents assume their kids will turn out fine if they throw enough money at them. Both were given love according to who acquired the biggest and best ackoolaids (tm Nene Leakes). In childhood those were acting roles, in adulthood it was about marrying well. I absolutely believe Kyle loves her family and I think she's a fantastic mom...but IMO there's a part of her that looks at her family and says "I won", and a part of Kim that looks at the same thing and says "I lost". Maybe that's dramatic but every time they argue I get the feeling that's what it's really about, from 'you stole my fucking house' to present day.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

What angers me is that Kyle knows she’s not up for the task anymore but is so worried about how it looks to the outside world that she’s attacking and rejecting the idea of someone else stepping in.  Kim deserves to lean on anyone who’s willing to take the job whether it be temporarily, whether it be for a short while, whether it be someone willing to listen to her and soothe her. Who cares! If someone is willing to be that nurturing friend, that friend that she can call at 2am, that person she can feel not judged by then WTF!? We all take risks when we let people into our lives that initimately and that deeply but it is what it is and no matter what bad rap Brandi has she really isn’t any worse than plenty of people out there. Some people can take her personality and some people can’t that’s what it boils down to but Kim has decided to befriend her that’s that.

I guess you have a lot more faith than I do that Brandi can in any way be a positive influence on Kim's life. I realize that Brandi is claiming that she wants to step in and take over the role that Kyle has played in Kim's life the past couple of decades or so but I can't see why I should believe her or why I should ignore the obvious signs that show why Brandi is clearly not a suitable "best friend" to have if Kim really is committed to sober living. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 9

I agree that Kyle was ready for a fight when she saw Brandi. The thing is that it will always be the person who is emotionally vested in an issue that tends to be unable to ever win an argument. Brandi has zero emotion in this issue. She doesn't give two shits about Kim. She is after Kyle and she has planned it perfectly. She wants to get in between the sisters and is able to do it strategically because she doesn't really care about who gets hurt in the end.

Thank you for the kind compliment (I snipped it out!). And right back at ya - your comment about the winner of an argument is usually the person who's not emotionally vested is startling. I don't know if I've ever considered that. It's resonating with me personally (I'll spare you), but also with these HoWives. Man, it applies to all of them, but let's use Brandi for fun. You're right that she loves to throw zingers at any and all in a cool and collected way, but always at a distance (emotionally). But then look at her appearance on WWHL, or so many other times over the course of her tenure on the show, and she falls apart whenever the subject gets personal or hits a nerve. Kyle so often gets emotional in these fights with Kim, and says a lot of head scratchers, but that's nothing compared to when Jeff Lewis made a crass joke about Brandi's "eggs," and she retorted "don't talk about my kids!" and then had a meltdown. Her kids! Big fail.

If the goal for these ladies is to present themselves well on the show, then they should heed your words and think about how to win an argument, or even a scene. Watch and learn from Lisa V. Or learn to disengage. Disassociate. Step back. But then again, that's the opposite of drama, so it'll probably get them a pink slip (hello Camille!), so who knows?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 6

I am completely enraged at the idea that Brandi isn’t supposed to be involved with Kim.

Brandi is a toxic person who is heavily involved with drinking alcohol to the point of public drunkenness, fights and blackouts (and let's face it, using medications/drugs recreationally) -- for which she sees no problem.  These are the very substances that Kim needs to stay away from.  Brandi dislikes Kim's sister, Kyle, and is fond of taunting her and putting her down to Kim (in the process makes Kim feel unloved and uncared for by her sister) and even encourages Kim to do the same.  Brandi makes violent threats to others when she's angry.  Brandi has a recorded history of taking personal things that people tell her in confidence and using it against them when she's mad or high or bored. 

Would you want Brandi to be BFFs with your (hypothetical) unstable, mentally ill sister?  lol 

I don't blame Kyle or Kim's children or Lisa VP or Giggy for being concerned with Brandi becoming Kim's next vice. 

• Love 23

Whatever happened in Eileen's house, I don't see how Brandi running over to reinsert herself into the discussion between Kim and Kyle by the garage is anything but escalating. Kim and Kyle were huddled together doing, I assume, their usual cry-voice pleadings, recriminations, and reassurances which probably would have ended with hugging and "You're my sister!" from both of them and, next thing you know, Brandi is in the middle of it and ends up grabbing Kyle by the wrists. On what planet is any of that okay? When Kyle says that Brandi was aggressive with her, that's probably a big part of what she's talking about.

And everybody saw all of that hands on wrist action. Hell, VVP had a ringside seat.

• Love 17

I noticed a very suspicious exchange between Brandi and Kim when they were sitting on the couch at Kim's house.

Brandi asking Kim "Do you need anything?"  cocked her head, looked down and smiled slyly.

Kim answered "I'm fine." and did the same thing.

Makes me think they were not talking about a glass of water.

Thank you, I thought I was imagining things. This is why they are best friends. They are using together, in my opinion.

• Love 17

I guess you have a lot more faith than I do that Brandi can in any way be a positive influence on Kim's life. I realize that Brandi is claiming that she wants to step in and take over the role that Kyle has played in Kim's life the past couple of decades or so but I can't see why I should believe her or why I should ignore the obvious signs that show why Brandi is clearly not a suitable "best friend" to have if Kim really is committed to sober living. 

Not to mention the way Brandi is doing it.  If she wants to take over for Kyle fine then, do it.  But don't involve Kyle at all in it.  Don't call her and inform her that Kim calls you at night.  Leave her out of it.  Don't throw insults and jabs every time you get the chance.  You want to be a positive in Kim's life then recognize that Kyle is a big part of that life.  Brandi is trying to isolate Kim from her family.  That is the first sign of an abusive relationship.

• Love 19

Brandi is a toxic person who is heavily involved with drinking alcohol to the point of public drunkenness, fights and blackouts (and let's face it, using medications/drugs recreationally) -- for which she sees no problem.  These are the very substances that Kim needs to stay away from.  Brandi dislikes Kim's sister, Kyle, and is fond of taunting her and putting her down to Kim (in the process makes Kim feel unloved and uncared for by her sister) and even encourages Kim to do the same.  Brandi makes violent threats to others when she's angry.  Brandi has a recorded history of taking personal things that people tell her in confidence and using it against them when she's mad or high or bored. 

Would you want Brandi to be BFFs with your (hypothetical) unstable, mentally ill sister?  lol 

I don't blame Kyle or Kim's children or Lisa VP or Giggy for being concerned with Brandi becoming Kim's next vice. 

Yeah, I don't have any first-hand experience with a sobriety program such as AA, but I would imagine Brandi is precisely the sort of person that counselors would advise someone like Kim to stay away from.  For presumably very good reason.  

If I were in Kyle's shoes, I might be relieved if my sister found a real friend, a sober friend, because it would be healthy for her and perhaps relieve some of my burden.  

But if my not-so-sober, struggling sister found a friend with Brandi's issues?  Not so much.  

• Love 11

The Richards sisters are living testaments of what happens when parents assume their kids will turn out fine if they throw enough money at them. Both were given love according to who acquired the biggest and best ackoolaids (tm Nene Leakes). In childhood those were acting roles, in adulthood it was about marrying well. I absolutely believe Kyle loves her family and I think she's a fantastic mom...but IMO there's a part of her that looks at her family and says "I won", and a part of Kim that looks at the same thing and says "I lost". Maybe that's dramatic but every time they argue I get the feeling that's what it's really about, from 'you stole my fucking house' to present day.

Right on, as we used to say.  And what I think is the fact that whatever happened to Kim, and something definitely occurred, is either something her sister-mother caretaker has either really never known or chosen not to find out.   

And Yolanda one hopes is taking notes on how to stop the craziness and BS that warps kids lives beyond all recognition.  As in, get off the money needle, get  yourselves an education, and talk in private. 

• Love 3

Adrienne met Taylor through the twins and Kennedy's pre school. 

Brandi first appeared in the news the February of 2011 in a fake arranged photo shoot with Cedric.  http://www.wetpaint.com/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/articles/did-brandi-glanville-fake-her-friendship-with-cedric-martinez-to-get-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills  Geneva Wasserman used her employment with Adrienne to get her friend Brandi an audition with producers.  The producers were armed with the supposed BFF with Cedric story.  SO Adrienne knew Brandi but was not friends with her.  This also worked to put the final straw in the lukewarm relationship between Lisa and Adrienne. 

Adrienne met Taylor through the twins and Kennedy's pre school. 

Brandi first appeared in the news the February of 2011 in a fake arranged photo shoot with Cedric.  http://www.wetpaint.com/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/articles/did-brandi-glanville-fake-her-friendship-with-cedric-martinez-to-get-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills  Geneva Wasserman used her employment with Adrienne to get her friend Brandi an audition with producers.  The producers were armed with the supposed BFF with Cedric story.  SO Adrienne knew Brandi but was not friends with her.  This also worked to put the final straw in the lukewarm relationship between Lisa and Adrienne. 

Thank you, I thought I was imagining things. This is why they are best friends. They are using together, in my opinion.

Yeah, I caught that odd little exchange too.  Well, not the words themselves, but the way in which they were delivered by Brandi and responded to by Kim.  Just...Odd.

Odd in the same way that weird shit about how "close" she and Kim were in the limo.  Just something off about the exchange.  Like having to try to read between blurry, inebriated, incoherent lines.  

• Love 4

Eileen caused drama by telling Brandi to slap some Neosporin on her scratch? The scratch Brandi claimed she needed stitches for that incited the comment?

Y'all got jokes today.

Aaaand...I'm undone by this comment as well!

• Love 3

Thank you for the kind compliment (I snipped it out!). And right back at ya - your comment about the winner of an argument is usually the person who's not emotionally vested is startling. I don't know if I've ever considered that. It's resonating with me personally (I'll spare you), but also with these HoWives. Man, it applies to all of them, but let's use Brandi for fun. You're right that she loves to throw zingers at any and all in a cool and collected way, but always at a distance (emotionally). But then look at her appearance on WWHL, or so many other times over the course of her tenure on the show, and she falls apart whenever the subject gets personal or hits a nerve. Kyle so often gets emotional in these fights with Kim, and says a lot of head scratchers, but that's nothing compared to when Jeff Lewis made a crass joke about Brandi's "eggs," and she retorted "don't talk about my kids!" and then had a meltdown. Her kids! Big fail.

If the goal for these ladies is to present themselves well on the show, then they should heed your words and think about how to win an argument, or even a scene. Watch and learn from Lisa V. Or learn to disengage. Disassociate. Step back. But then again, that's the opposite of drama, so it'll probably get them a pink slip (hello Camille!), so who knows?

My husband taught me this years ago, ironically with regard to politics, but I think it generally holds true to some extent. He is the most independent thinker imaginable, and doesn't ever come down totally on one side or the other. He is very detached about it and never gets emotionally involved in a political debate or issue, but he loves the debate. My family is involved in politics, including my sister who worked in the White House for 8 years. She is an accomplished attorney and can argue her party politics all day long, except with my husband, who doesn't really care at all.  He drives us her (and the rest of us) nuts because we get emotional and passionate in trying to state our case, defend our cause. He doesn't and he wins every time, even when talking to my brilliant sister who knows her facts.  It is the emotion that gets you in the end. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Also, I like using the word fuck and other assorted curse words. Sorry.  If you have problems, send me a C&D. :)

Me, too.  As I say, curse words are my Love Language.  ; )

Yeah, I don't have any first-hand experience with a sobriety program such as AA, but I would imagine Brandi is precisely the sort of person that counselors would advise someone like Kim to stay away from.  For presumably very good reason.  

If I were in Kyle's shoes, I might be relieved if my sister found a real friend, a sober friend, because it would be healthy for her and perhaps relieve some of my burden.  

But if my not-so-sober, struggling sister found a friend with Brandi's issues?  Not so much.  

See, and I think this is the sticky wicket, here.  I don't think Kyle is upset over Kim having a friend.  She's upset that Brandi is that friend and that Brandi is trying to alienate Kim from her and anyone who won't condone her un-sobriety.  If Brandi weren't a soulless Succubus, she would be encouraging Kim to go to some form of AA/NA-type group, and mend fences with her family.  She wouldn't be telling Kim that Kyle was all "Whatever" about Kim's wellbeing at 2am (could Kyle have possibly been, I dunno, half-asleep when this conversation happened?).  This is not the behavior of a good friend or a healthy friend.  Brandi is poison and Kim is an addict and she's guzzling down Brandi's vitriol like it were hooch from a brown paper bag.

• Love 6

Also, if you rewatch the clip of the actual fight, who is the party speaking loudly enough so that her voice carries through the place like a fucking foghorn to draw maximum attention to her 'defense' of Kim?  That would be Brandi.  Kyle may be pissed, but she still keeps her voice at a reasonable level for most of it.

Oh, Brandi, I see you, honey.

• Love 6

I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity but Kyle and Lisa Rinna were ridiculous - junior high school giddy - in talking about their gays.  If Andy hasn't called any of the other housewives out before, he should have.  Maybe he was hoping it wasn't going to become a thing.  Ignore it and it will go away.   But with LisaR's over the top TH last week and Kyle's ridiculous yammering about her gays, I think Andy needed to address it.  Or maybe he isn't offended by it but other people pointed it out to him since Rinna's TH.

Andy is full of shit.  He jumps all over these housewives but gives Nene, Ramona and Vicki from his other housewive's franchises cart blanche on the "my gays" thing.  Nene even made gay slurs last season and he basically turned a blind eye.  He also has had Kathy Griffin on WWHL and never said anything about her use of it.  Hell, she started the "my gays" thing.  I agree that its tacky and in very bad taste to call them "my gays".  I just wish someone would have put a stop to it before now. 

Seven years is a long time to ignore something and hope it will go away. 

I agree completely, but as a gay male myself, I'm not necessarily all that annoyed or even offended by Kyle.  Don't get me wrong, I thought this shit was really dumb as hell.  But Kathy Griffin used to refer all the time to "her gays" -- and she might still do this & I don't think anyone noticed or cared.  So why is it OK for Kathy to do & not Kyle?  Seemed to me like the gay guys around Kyle didn't mind being called her gays.  So if they didn't mind, why should I care for them?  True, these guys seemed like the usual idiot/buffoon gays that are cast on Housewives shows, but what else is new?

Honestly, I was much more annoyed by Satan Andy acting like he was annoyed by it on WWHL.  Sorry, but that was complete & total bullshit!  He produces this fucking show & if he was that annoyed by it, he would have edited it out.  Instead, he highlighted it & based a whole show around it.  Why?  Maybe to make Kyle look bad for some reason -- or give us something to talk about.  Ah, Satan Andy trying to manipulate us once again?  Ya think?

Anyhoo, so many of the Housewives seem to have "accessory gays".  Doesn't Brandi have a house full of 'em?  And they ALWAYS seem to be hairstylists or makeup artists or party planners, don't they?  Just saying, the rightful concern how gays are seen on this show should be pointed more toward Satan Andy than to Kyle.  Satan Andy produces (and probably scripts) this show.  Kyle is merely his pawn.

Andy didn't care until recently when people started complaining about it.  Brad was Jill Zarin's gay husband all the way back to Season 1 of NYC.  The only one he ever got mad at was Joe Giudice for using "faggot" because that's a slur. Treating gay men as pets apparently is not.

I think that Kyle texted Kim from the bathroom when they were at Eileen's, telling her to get ass in there so they could talk about just how messed up she was.  Can't blame her for that.  Don't believe that everyone suddenly forgot they were mic'd in the bathroom.  But whatever -- I would've texted her too and asked her for a little chat.  Purely speculative but, again, it's what I would've done in full on engagement with the crazy mode. 

I can't stand Kyle but think that her physical aggression as the two other chicks were walking out the door with pizza came about as a result of being kinda drunk herself and reacting to what seemed like a long night of taunts and disrespect.  Kyle was aggressive for sure and started the physical rumpus but only after some hours of totally unbelievably provocative behavior from Brandi and Kim. Can we just call them Brim?

Yes, I can explain Kyle's logic.  And yes, I've said this before.  Body blocking someone's path is aggression.  It is physical harassment.  It's intimidation.  It's a form of assault.  It is also a bullying tactic (Yep, I brought up the 'b' word but if one does any research on bullying, this is a common tactic).   It was not Brandi's decision or 'right'  to physically block Kyle from approaching Kim. 

The problem with this is that Brandy was the one escalating the situation. If she had minded her own business then Kyle and Kim could have hashed out whatever problem they had. Brandy inserted herself into a situation that had nothing to do with her.

Here are some photos of Kyle's grabs.

B8n20DNCcAAJXKb.jpg

• Love 5

Whatever happened in Eileen's house, I don't see how Brandi running over to reinsert herself into the discussion between Kim and Kyle by the garage is anything but escalating. 

That, I absolutely agree with.  Brandi had no business going back to insert herself when they were by the garage.

Lisa Rinna's blog is up....And oddly brief but says that everyone needs to own their shit.  Short but interesting.  

I like short and sweet.  But I'm just cynical enough to think some of it was written as a pre-emptive strike/damage control for when she presumably gets down in the mud in the coming weeks.

• Love 6

Oh one more thing, Brandi isn't the one coming between sisters.  Kim is.  Kim's addiction is the problem.  Not Brandi.  Kim and Kyle have been having problems for years.  Where have we heard Kyle accusing Kim of not backing her up before like we did last night with the Mauricio accusation?  Way back in season 1 when she asks Kim why she didn't back her up with Camille.  

These sisters have been at it for years.  A couple of years ago, Ken (Kim's boyfriend, not Ken Todd Lol)  was the problem.  Now Brandi is the problem.  The problem is Kim and her addictions.  Other people are pawns to deflect from accountability.  Kyle uses Brandi as a scapegoat too.  Who cares what drunken Brandi says?  Who cares really Kyle?  Everything that comes out of her came right from Kim.  Funny that Kim and Kyle reconciled, but Brandi is still the scapegoat.  That's the only reason why Brandi should "never get between sisters."  

• Love 8

My husband taught me this years ago, ironically with regard to politics, but I think it generally holds true to some extent. He is the most independent thinker imaginable, and doesn't ever come down totally on one side or the other. He is very detached about it and never gets emotionally involved in a political debate or issue, but he loves the debate. My family is involved in politics, including my sister who worked in the White House for 8 years. She is an accomplished attorney and can argue her party politics all day long, except with my husband, who doesn't really care at all.  He drives us her (and the rest of us) nuts because we get emotional and passionate in trying to state our case, defend our cause. He doesn't and he wins every time, even when talking to my brilliant sister who knows her facts.  It is the emotion that gets you in the end. 

Emotion can trip you up but no point in winning debates even in downtown DC for whatever reason if the detachment and accomplishment in debate can't be coupled with real feeling and serve a real purpose.  Sorry, I'm with you for the most part but as someone who's lived in Washington since the mid-50s and married, divorced, and remarried and continues to live in it I'm just a big thumbs down on what Washington has to tell anyone about anything beyond winning arguments and debates.  Right with you on that count -- but all in all a terrible way to sort through one's life and deal with one's shit.  It's a macho culture that kills honesty and just decimates. 

I'm all for Kyle keeping her stuff together too.  As in totally together.  As in maybe finding out what is really on with Kim.  As in maybe acknowledging that she may not know everything that happened with Big Sis.  But for that she might  need to be private enough to keep it together and ask in a real way what the story is. 

And, really, sorry about the above mini outburst.  Washington DC and all the smart folks here ... I just ruptured a valve.  Some of the most opportunistic folks on the planet not to say your kin are that.  I love the smarts -- but have come to value emotion the longer I live here.  Do forgive me.  Didn't mean to sound off on you and your folks. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it. I actually think it's a normal reaction for even strangers to sort of body block people when they are in the immediate space where things are about to go down and they would rather not see it happen so they try and prevent it. I really don't see it as a glaring mistake on Brandi's part. Under normal circumstance (no cameras) I wouldn't be surprised by her actions so I won't be now.

And now Kyle has to deal with someone having an opinion of their friends sister which is her.  What’s the big? I still don’t see the need for all the outrage on Kyle’s part. Aside from being mad that an outsider may just have an opinion of her and isn’t her biggest fan. I mean it’s not like Brandi can officially keep Kyle away from Kim. Brandi doesn’t live there. Isn’t curled up on the bedroom floor guarding the door (but who knows) but seriously this is just so ridiculously blown out of proportion.

Did you listen to what Brandi said in her talking heads about Kyle being a horrible person and horrible sister and that her husband doesn't even want her?  If calling someone a horrible person/sister or claiming their husband doesn't want them doesn't give rise to outrage what would?  I guess Brandi could go after Farrah or Alexia but Brandi makes very harsh unforgivable statements and then expects them to forgive her and apologize.  To this day Brandi has been on a tear after Kyle.

If Brandi's measure in life is how much attention her friends and co-workers pay to their sister, then so be it that is Brandi's measure but don't expect the entire world to base their opinion on the person over her opinion of a relationship between sisters.  Also, if Brandi is so disgusted by Kyle's treatment of Kim why does she persist in being places Kyle is going to be-especially if it is her party.  Be present at the inception of a party idea is not an official invite.

• Love 8

I think these pictures, taken out of context, look very damning, sure.  However, we all know that 1.  Kim was high as a kite that night. 2.  Brandi was enabling her. 3. Brandi would not let Kyle speak to her sister.  4.  Brandi is a dirty tampon string.  5.  Brandi does not give two actual shits about Kim Richards.  Brandi gives a shit about airtime and attention whoring. 

In light of that and as stated before, I would likely have gone after her in the same way.  If a loved one of mine is ill, and you are fucking with them?  I will get on you.  End of.

• Love 13

Here is the beginning of the fight.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2844139

If you let the clip roll, it the goes to a short Faye Resnick is my friend clip from Lisa R, but then back to when the argument between Kyle, Kim, and Brandi gets really vicious.

Honestly, Kyle was NOT "apologizing."  She is talking to her friends, who are trying their best to calm her down and make her act in a reasonable way, but she works herself into a lather, fury pouring from her, and attacks.  Brandi actually handle it very well for quite a while.  Then Kyle (2nd clip after Faye) really goes nuts, attacking Kim for not choosing Kyle over Brandi, attacking Brandi with a lot of F-bombs, and Brandi finally fights back.

I transcribed a bunch of the first section here:

KYLE:
I want to of course apologize to you..
BRANDI
Should we do this in front of everyone?
KYLE:
I apologize for pushing your arm down but I do think you should know better than to come between two sisters like that when you don't know any history about us.  (no breaths taken in that sentence, or pauses)
(talking head Brandi)
BRANDI
I know a lot of history about you and
KYLE (interrupting)
No you don't Brandi, no you don't
BRANDI
I accept your apology but I do.
KYLE
No you don't
You know, you've been friends for 6 months
BRANDI
OK
KYLE
and you can not know the history between us, and you should know better than that, you shouldn't come between two sisters like that
BRANDI
It was no my intention and I accept your apology. You shoujld never touch anyone and yes that's 100% correct
KYLE (interrupting)
I did push your arm down but you also were very aggressive with me so don't even I mean
BRANDI
Well, once you touched me then I
KYLE (interrupting again)
I wasn't being aggressive I was pushing your arm down to get to my sister.  YOU were aggressive.
BRANDI
I was trying to diffuse the situation
KYLE (talking over her)
There was nothing to diffuse, I wanted to talk to my sister.  You're not my family.
BRANDI
No I'm not.
(KYLE talking head)
KYLE
You don't know our history
BRANDI
I know enough of it to know that lately
KYLE
No
BRANDI
Yes
KYLE
No you don't
BRANDI
Yes, I've called and I've talked to Kim, and I've called you late at night and (didn't catch it, basically Kyle didn't care.
KYLE
You hear that Kim?
(Kyle talking head.)
You care to elaborate on that?

At this point Kim doesn't want them to get into it all and I'm tired of transcribing, but basically Kim is implying Kyle wants Kim's issues outed for the show.
(Kim talking head about it being private, why would Kyle want that out there for Bravo.)

Kim asks Kyle why she would want Brandi to talk about private matters now.  Kyle deflects, stupid stuff.
(Brandi talking head.)

KYLE
Are you out of your fucking mind?  You have balls to walk in here, uninvited, and  talk to me like that.
BRANDI
Excuse me, you invited me
(discussing about the invitation and Bravo scene of Kyle inviting Brandi)

More nonsense that you can watch for yourself Here: http://www.bravotv.c...st?clip=2844139

KIM to Kyle
You just walked over here to cause trouble.
KYLE
I walked over here to apologize and to tell her not to get between two sisters.

• Love 2

Me, too.  As I say, curse words are my Love Language.  ; )

See, and I think this is the sticky wicket, here.  I don't think Kyle is upset over Kim having a friend.  She's upset that Brandi is that friend and that Brandi is trying to alienate Kim from her and anyone who won't condone her un-sobriety.  If Brandi weren't a soulless Succubus, she would be encouraging Kim to go to some form of AA/NA-type group, and mend fences with her family.  She wouldn't be telling Kim that Kyle was all "Whatever" about Kim's wellbeing at 2am (could Kyle have possibly been, I dunno, half-asleep when this conversation happened?).  This is not the behavior of a good friend or a healthy friend.  Brandi is poison and Kim is an addict and she's guzzling down Brandi's vitriol like it were hooch from a brown paper bag.

Absolutely.

Although the onus is entirely on Kim for "relapsing" (in quotes because I don't think she's ever been sober), having the constant temptation of an actively drinking and pill-popping friend can't be good no matter how you try to frame it.

And I entirely agree about encouraging Kim to go to an AA/NA meeting or some sort of sober support group.

And gawd knows Brandi herself could probably benefit from those meetings, too, whether she'd like to admit it or not.  

• Love 5

Here are some photos of Kyle's grabs.

That.right.there. 

Who wouldn't spin around to see what the hell she was digging into your arm and then shake the offending leech off?  Looks like fingernails to me.  And then on the tape, you can see where Kyle's bracelets get her, too.  And while we're discussing it as far as Brandi throwing the pizza down?  I call B.S. on that too.  After Kyle grabbed her, Brandi spun and the pizza flew.  She did not throw it down.  I hate that I'm defending Brandi. 

• Love 5