Type keyword(s) to search

Hart Of Dixie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watching it online.  This show makes my heart sing with joy!  It is such a feel good show and I simply adore it.  I will be very upset to see it go.

Sober Earl is something I have been waiting for!  I love how he has always rooted for Zade.

I hope Lemon picks George.

Do not like what Lavon did to AB though.

LOVE that Shelby is back!  I love her and Brick together.

Rachel is SO HOT pregnant!  Dayum!

• Love 3

I didn't like AB reading someone else's medical report.  Zoe should have kicked her butt till hell wouldn't have it.

Yeah, that was a huge HIPAA violation... even if AB works for them, she doesn't necessarily have a reason to be looking at test results. So I also found that very irritating. Though the 'medicine' on this show is always pretty ridiculous. This weeks "maybe we should do some blood tests/ I'm going to run some blood tests" was very silly. The tests done are very specific, looking for specific things... so most would say we are going to check X or look for Y not generic blood test. But it's one of those things that you just sort of have to let slide on shows like this :P

• Love 1

Yeah, its weird that Lemon just ignored her mom when she finally located her.  I can understand her being hurt and not wanting to have a relationship with her mother, but I would think it would be lethargic for her to give her mother a piece of her mind.  Let her know that she missed out on having a relationship with her.

I just also can't imagine a mom just walking away from her kids and never wanting anything to do with them anymore.

Yeah, its weird that Lemon just ignored her mom when she finally located her.  I can understand her being hurt and not wanting to have a relationship with her mother, but I would think it would be lethargic for her to give her mother a piece of her mind.  Let her know that she missed out on having a relationship with her.

I think it was in character because Lemon idolized her mom. She couldn't confront the idea that her mom was so unhappy that she left the family for acting and then another new family. Given that Lemon was also dealing with George in NYC and her interest in Lavon, I can see why she would have pushed her Mom away.

I would love for them to bring back this storyline just a little bit though.

Lavon and George were really spectacularly off their game this week. Their advice to Zoe was the worst.

I so agree but I think the writers put in that scene so we would not suspect that Zoe got pregnant in order to trap Wade into a relationship.

And why does a doctor seduce a man without birth control?  I know it could have failed but....

And why doesn't a doctor recognize signs that she might be pregnant without her receptionist (AB) drawing a picture for her?  And what doctor puts in her own pregnancy test under her patient's name?  (Or is that why medical malpractice insurance is so high?)  As someone mentioned up-thread, you could have peed in a cup like the rest of us, no questions asked.

But I think that for Wade, love and love with Zoe are one and the same. Because it's only ever really been her.

I agree.  And if I remember correctly, Zoe was not giving Wade a lot of quality time (I remember her cancelling dates and maybe standing him up because she was so busy at work) when Wade got insecure about his ability to become the man he thought he needed to be for Zoe.  Believe me, I am not a fan of cheating; however, Wade cheated with a one-night stand and confessed it to Zoe right afterward (albeit after lying to her first).  He cheated with his body and not his heart.  Not impressive but maybe easier to move on from especially after a few years have passed.  I think I might have a harder time restarting up a serious relationship with a man that almost married my cousin.  However, maybe that's not so hard for Zoe because she just met this cousin and had not grown up with her.

Both Zoe and Wade are wounded because for the (lack of) parenting they received.  Right now, it seems that Wade has been able to work through more of those scars than Zoe (and sober Earl is helping with that.)  Forgive me the jumping out of the story for just one moment, but Wilson (Wade) Bethel's mother is Joyce Maynard, a wunderkind who got involved with J.D. Salinger when she was about 18 years old (she really is worth a google).  I try not to do this, but sometimes I think of Wade (not Wilson) as being the child of Joyce Maynard, it kind of fits with the path of recovery Wade is on.

Edited by MaryHedwig

I never could wrap my head around the fact that Joyce Maynard is Wilson Bethel's mother. Let's just say I have issues with her.

More on topic, I wish the show took more advantage of Bethel. He's so charming and has the talent to give Wade some real depth. Wade has had his moments here and there, but I think the show has kind of punted on that. I hope another show snatches him up when HoD ends, because he's someone I really enjoy watching.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I've been able to explain away the test results by telling myself they didn't have a name on them. They had an ID number, and AB just assumed it was Lemon's test.

I adore the way they are treating Cricket's coming out. 

I agree that it is unlikely that the records were labled with Lemon's name, AB just assumed.  ALso, to the extent that Zoe didn't have a reaction to AB looking at the results, I don't hink she knows. 

And I agree about Cricket's coming out.  And I was all prepared to eye-roll over the cliche female firefighter being the lesbian (it was telegraphed from her declining the date with the volunteer by saying there was someone she was interested in) and then she and Cricket actually interacted and it was all kinds of adorable.  How they managed to be so endearing in an under 10 second interaction I have no idea, but there it is.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2
And I agree about Cricket's coming out.  And I was all prepared to eye-roll over the cleche female firefighter being the lesbian (it was telegraphed from her declining the date with the volunteer by saying there was someone she was interested in) and then she and Cricket actually interacted and it was all kinds of adorable.  How they managed to be so endearing in an under 10 second interaction I have no idea, but there it is.

I was the same with the Cricket and firefighter storyline and aww'ed at the interaction. One of the best things about this show has been the chemistry and cast interaction. Not only are the cast good looking, there is definitely a sweetness and genuineness to a lot of their interactions with each other.

• Love 1

And what doctor puts in her own pregnancy test under her patient's name?  (Or is that why medical malpractice insurance is so high?)  As someone mentioned up-thread, you could have peed in a cup like the rest of us, no questions asked.

I don't know about "no questions asked" given "everybody's business in my business" is the official policy of the town ! Ha !

And AB proved Zoe to be right to be so secretive, to a professionnal fault, when she looked into the file. 

Booooh AB ! I love you girl but that was not your place to snoop !

• Love 1

I don't know about "no questions asked" given "everybody's business in my business" is the official policy of the town ! Ha !

And AB proved Zoe to be right to be so secretive, to a professionnal fault, when she looked into the file. 

Booooh AB ! I love you girl but that was not your place to snoop !

Wasn't there already a pregnancy scare episode a few years back where there was all the drama over how to buy the pregnancy test when it was such a small town? And an ensuing discussion about using it for the alligator?

So doing the blood test seems reasonable to me... though I'd expect the office to have the urine test strips for pregnancy as well, but this is TV medicine... AB shouldn't have been looking at anybody's test results. Even if there was just a number and not a name, that's is till illegal and violating HIPPA.

AB shouldn't have been looking at anybody's test results. Even if there was just a number and not a name, that's is till illegal and violating HIPPA.

Not really, since it's probably AB's job to update the computer patient files. Doctor's office workers have to look at that stuff. The HIPPA violation was her going out and congratulating Lemon without letting her process the information on her own timetable.

Not really, since it's probably AB's job to update the computer patient files. Doctor's office workers have to look at that stuff. The HIPPA violation was her going out and congratulating Lemon without letting her process the information on her own timetable.

I guess it depends on what her job really is for the office, which I've never seen it be clearly defined.... but in a normal office, the front desk person doesn't deal with lab results, nor the interpretation of said results... so looking at them could be a violation. But I guess I haven't paid that much attention to the structure of the office, is AB their only employee? Do they even have computerized records? Otherwise it's just sticking a piece of paper in the folder, which the doctor could do when looking at the results. And really, if you don't have a reason to be looking, which AB didn't have at that moment- especially if she didn't know whose results they were and just assumed they were Lemon's (If she were in charge of entering things into the chart, you can be sure names/numbers/ etc are matched up properly) that is a violation of HIPPA. In many places, you can get in big trouble for looking at the records of people because they live on your street/ neighborhood, or it will at least be flagged by the computer- in a place with computerized records anyway- to alert people to check if you should really be looking at that particular chart. Medical privacy is taken very seriously, and AB wasn't looking at those results for a medical reason, she was doing it for personal curiosity, which is improper. 

And yes, taking that information to Lemon was also violation of the law, so either way, AB was in the wrong.  I'm not really going to hold it against AB, since this is a TV show and all of the medical related stuff is wrong most of the time anyway... and obviously this was done for plot purposes... but it's still annoying.

Edited by Jjrmt

I want Annabeth to be happy but not as someone's second choice, so Lavon is out.  Maybe she can hit it off with Lemon's pretend boyfriend.  I'd be ok with Annabeth and Joel, too.

Lemon and Lavon - George is too flighty, how many times has he changed his mind about someone now?  He loved Lemon, he loved Zoe, he loved Tansy, he loved that extraordinarily pretty girl whose name I can't remember who was only around for a few episodes and then he blew her off for another shot at Tansy, and then I forget what happened with Tansy Part Two but my point is, George is only in love with someone until he sees something shiny out of the corner of his eye.

Zoe and Wade, because she's who Wade wants - I don't even like her anymore (the Joel Years* kind of killed her for me) but I still love Wade.  I do not blame him for his writer-induced cheating, he can't help it if some hack decides pointless, careless cheating belongs in a rom-com.

*well it seemed like years

Edited by random chance
  • Love 3
I can't remember what it was.  They wanted to buy a place in NY and needed Brick's recommendation letter?  Was that it?  Then once Zoey ended up staying in Bluebell a little bit longer, Joel just showed up on his own.  Zoey did not invite him.

She did invite him, at least that was my understanding.  First she came back on her own, to officially end her partnership/ownership of the medical practice.  Then she decided to stay, it had something to do with people telling her Bluebell made her a better person and she was running away.  Then we cut to a scene with Zoe thanking Joel for coming down, and him saying he could write from anywhere. I definitely got the impression she had asked him to come down there though.  It was all in one episode.

I'm just going to throw this out there (and I'm probably in the minority, because there's enough main characters dating main characters on this show, and swapping out), but what about Annabeth and George? I adore both characters, and think they're great matches for each other. And some might say she'd be George's second choice as she would be for Lavon, but since George and AB have never actually been together, she's never had a chance to be his first choice...does that make sense? My apologies if not!

• Love 2
I forget what happened with Tansy Part Two

Didn't Tansy dump George because she saw his heart wasn't in it? He's been a big enough jerk that in some ways, I don't care if he doesn't get his happy ending.

I'm pretty sure everyone will be paired off at the end, or if they're not, they'll have the promise of a relationship. So maybe AB will meet some great guy who's passing through town for reasons, and they'll hit it off.

Edited by dubbel zout

I thought it was the girl previous to Tansy but maybe they both dumped him for that reason. That's the problem with stretching out a thin premise by having people fall in and out of love - after awhile they all just look fickle and you know the new one won't last either so you don't care anymore. George is turning into the Erica Kane of Bluebell.

Edited by random chance
  • Love 1

She did invite him, at least that was my understanding.  First she came back on her own, to officially end her partnership/ownership of the medical practice.  Then she decided to stay, it had something to do with people telling her Bluebell made her a better person and she was running away.  Then we cut to a scene with Zoe thanking Joel for coming down, and him saying he could write from anywhere. I definitely got the impression she had asked him to come down there though.  It was all in one episode.

I actually just watched this episode.  Zoe came back to Bluebell to get the letter from Brick and tie up loose ends and was only supposed to be there for a day or 2 and then be back that Friday morning for a meeting with a co-op board about an apartment in New York.  Before she goes to the airport crazy earl shows up and says he will only let her treat him.  She realizes he has blood poisoning, calls Joel and tells him she won't make her flight.  Earl refuses to go to the hospital so she and Wade monitor him overnight at the doctor's office and early in the morning Brick shows up saying he found Zoe's friend who was looking for her in town, which was Joel.  When she called to say she wouldn't make her flight Joel decided to fly out and surprise her by showing up.  After he's there she ends up deciding she wants to stay and asks if he will stay with her.  

So basically yea Joel just showed up on is own, Zoe didn't invite him out there and was surprised when he showed up, but once she decided she wanted to stay she asked him to stay with her.  

• Love 1

I actually just watched this episode.  Zoe came back to Bluebell to get the letter from Brick and tie up loose ends and was only supposed to be there for a day or 2 and then be back that Friday morning for a meeting with a co-op board about an apartment in New York.  Before she goes to the airport crazy earl shows up and says he will only let her treat him.  She realizes he has blood poisoning, calls Joel and tells him she won't make her flight.  Earl refuses to go to the hospital so she and Wade monitor him overnight at the doctor's office and early in the morning Brick shows up saying he found Zoe's friend who was looking for her in town, which was Joel.  When she called to say she wouldn't make her flight Joel decided to fly out and surprise her by showing up.  After he's there she ends up deciding she wants to stay and asks if he will stay with her.  

So basically yea Joel just showed up on is own, Zoe didn't invite him out there and was surprised when he showed up, but once she decided she wanted to stay she asked him to stay with her.  

Okay, I guess I was remembering the episode and only thinking of the part where she asked him to stay. Thanks.

Awww, Wade. That last scene where Zoe finally told him (FINALLY) was so good.

So was Annabeth and Lemon talking to Zoe in the bathtub.

I love this show. It had its moments last season where I was seriously thinking of jumping ship but I'm glad it's back.

• Love 1

The last episode made me almost be done with this show, but this episode sucked me back in. I love AB so much, and her scene with Zoe and Lemon was awesome.

I hope they keep the Lavon and George bromance going.

• Love 1

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I was glad to see a new episode too.

My dvr cut off right after Zoe told Wade that she was having his baby.  Did he respond ?

He walks back into his house, and they fade to the outside and all you hear is George shouting "A BABY?!" and Lavon saying "OH DEAR LORD"

I love this show so much. When I realized yesterday it was on, it brought a big smile to my face. AB is the best friend EVER. I liked Lemon and AB talking to Zoe in the tub. so cute. I love that Lemon pointed out how good Zoe is with Rose and her patients. I love that Rose figured it out. In case I'm not clear, I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Grandma Betty telling Cricket she liked her fortitude made me laugh. I'm glad they aren't dropping that storyline.

Did anyone think it was weird Zoe said "I'm having your baby" as opposed to "I'm pregnant"? Maybe she just wanted to be clear that 1. it was his and 2. she was keeping it.

• Love 6
AB is the best friend EVER.

I love that she got more and more hammered but never spilled the secrets. Brick and Lemon needed to 'fess up.

The bathtub scene was great. I love how everyone doesn't pretend that Lemon and Zoe are friends, but they'll support each other when necessary. 

• Love 4

I love that she got more and more hammered but never spilled the secrets. Brick and Lemon needed to 'fess up.

I was annoyed that AB kept drinking and sitting there in perpetual worry that she might spill secrets instead of, I don't know, LEAVING?

• Love 1

This show puts a big smile on my face.  I am going to miss it when it is gone.  I am glad they didn't drag out the pregnancy secret any longer.  I wanted Wade to know the truth.  Wade's dad is going to be so happy about this. 

• Love 5

I love Wade's scenes in this episode- especially his scenes with Lemon and AB. Also, I want him to marry me. I'll settle for the actor if I can't marry the character. ;)

And so much fun We got to see the Mother of All Fears with Grandma Betty meeting (and liking) Brick's girlfriend. Lemon's "disappointment" with her Dad for his deception. And Zoe talking in code about her "curling iron" and her liking the manufacturer, while not fooling anyone.

AB is hilarious when Grandma Betty was getting her drunk to reveal her secrets.

I have no idea if Lavon or George will end up with Lemon, but I hope they never stop being such good friends.

The look on Wade's face when Zoe told him was priceless. I do hope we'll get to see Wade's Dad's reaction when he finds out.

I am going to miss this show.

• Love 1

I want George and Lavon to just live happily ever after in their epic bromance.

Me too. I just love them to death. I want both of them to decide that their bromance is more important than Lemon. I always liked Lemon with her one night stand guy, so maybe they bring him back and he's her happy ending. I loved George and Zoe but I know they aren't going that route anymore so I guess Zoe and Wade will do.

I love AB and Lavon, so if he doesn't realize that she's his dream girl I will be pissed.

• Love 2

I do enjoy this show to pieces. It's had its ups and downs, but at its core it's always been sweet and fun. I will miss these characters when they're gone.

I thought it funny how hard the set director was wokkng to hide RB's real baby bump only to have the director shoot a certain angle and totally catch the obvious belly.

I hate the stupid trope where a girl finds out she's pregnant and decides she's going to do it "on her own", announces such to the father and walks off with it even giving him time to respond or even process the information. In these scenarios the woman always has time to process and come to grips but is upset when the man doesn't immediately jump up and down with joy. Or, she storms off without even a seconds hesitation to see the reaction. Makes my blood boil. We all know Wade. There's no way he would want to be an absentee dad. I hope they move past this with warp speed because it's annoying. Since this is the end for these characters I want to see Zoe and Wade adorably anticipating their baby.

• Love 4
Did anyone think it was weird Zoe said "I'm having your baby" as opposed to "I'm pregnant"? Maybe she just wanted to be clear that 1. it was his and 2. she was keeping it.

I thought it was weird, but I agree that she wanted to be clear about her decision.

n these scenarios the woman always has time to process and come to grips but is upset when the man doesn't immediately jump up and down with joy.

I agree with you about that happening, but I don't think Zoe was that upset about Wade's reaction.  I think she told him and then left to let him process.

• Love 2

Finally find out why Lemon's mother left and never bothered to contact her children.  They never fully gave us the answer to that one. I can guess she and Brick would have had marital issues, but I can't see the reason why she just took off and didn't bother to contact her children.  Other than that, hoping for Zoe to end up with Wade, Lavon and Lemon and as poster above mentioned George and AB is a pairing i wouldn't mind either.

A really cute episode. I feel the show is ending on a high note which doesn't always happen, but it stays true to its spirit of being a nice, light hearted yet still sweet and funny show.

Lemon's dress for the party was ugly though.

• Love 2

I liked this episode a lot. I'm glad they aren't dragging out the telling of the big secret and Zoey told Wade about the pregnancy. I'm not bothered by how she did it, since their relationship has been up and down... and despite Wade's declarations of love, his speech about going really, really slow when Zoey was already freaking out about being pregnant makes sense as something that sort of pushed her away again. I can imagine that she'd think Wade might think that she was trying to trap him or something with the baby, hence her telling him that she was going to do it on her own.

I don't think she's going to refuse to talk to him or anything, even if she puts a little distance between them, but more that she wanted to tell him and then give him a chance to freak out for a bit and think about things instead of her trying to demand some sort of commitment or promise from him.  I did love the curling iron analogy and that the let a couple of people figure out what was going on so Zoey had someone to talk to.

I liked the stuff with George and Wade, aside from ruining Lemon's plan, though how much money does she really need? Could her dad help her out a bit? Now that he knows how important Fancie's is to her... I'd think that'd be the nice thing to do, especially if she comes around to understanding his feelings for Shelby and also how terrible his mother has been to Lemon. There is more to life than getting married! I almost sort of hope that Lemon doesn't want to be with Lavon or George. In part because I'm sick of love triangles, but also because she's already been down those roads and though people change, it'd be better for George and Lavon's friendship to not fight over a woman... and would speak volumes for Lemon's independence.

Overall, really enjoyed this episode and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Love 2

I almost sort of hope that Lemon doesn't want to be with Lavon or George. In part because I'm sick of love triangles, but also because she's already been down those roads and though people change, it'd be better for George and Lavon's friendship to not fight over a woman... and would speak volumes for Lemon's independence.

Overall, really enjoyed this episode and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Really enjoying this season, but it a tad bittersweet knowing it is the end.  I believe since they knew this was it and they only had a few episodes to do it in has made for some excellent story-telling.

To the quoted above, I have mixed feelings on the whole Lemon love triangle.  So far, I am THRILLED that Brick is with Shelby, Zoe will be with Wade and Earl has found love!  However, I think they missed the mark with Lemon.  While I would rather her with George, I am not sure how i feel anymore.  I would hate to see Lavon all alone.  What about AB?  I had high hopes that Lavon was going to go running back to her.  Now it is just too late.  Who will those two wind up with?  I am all for the over the top happily ever after for everyone too!  I want everyone paired up in the perfect little fairy-tale world of Bluebell.

I believe in one of the interviews I read that Lemon was going to make her choice by the end of the 3rd episode.  I am really curious in what direction they are going to take that story-line.

Perhaps Lemon will wind up as single, but a strong independent woman running her own business.  Maybe Tansy and George will get back together?  

Not sure what will happen to AB and Lavon though.

Going to cut this before I ramble any longer!

It is going to be tough to say goodbye to this show.

• Love 1
I don't want Lavon and AB to end up together, because he's still in love with Lemon. AB shouldn't be anyone's second choice.

Yes, they've killed the chance of Lavon and AB even before Lavon more recently recognizing that he still loves Lemon. AB made it quite clear what she was looking for and Lavon is just never going to be that for her. As much as I wanted those two to end up together at one point, it would take an unbelievable amount of retconning to make them work.

• Love 2

I hadn't thought about AB and Joel as a pairing until I read this thread and now it's something I truly want. Joel loved Bluebell and they did really sell Zoe and Joel not working out long distance because they weren't meant to be. It would be so easy to establish that AB could be Joel's first choice if they got together and made the long distance work when he had to travel for work. Zoe would be legitimately happy for them.

• Love 3