Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Firstly, how are you supposed to get anything done in 4 days and let everyone know, but secondly, are there really that many people with no plans for Christmas Eve who are inclined to now go downtown on that day?

I think we viewers spend way more time thinking about these movies than the writers and producers do 🙂 .  Another thing that always kills me are the movies that are all about "Here it is mid-December and our advertising agency (or whatever) has  to come up with this years big Christmas campaign promoting (whatever) and we need to to do it by Christmas Eve"!  Really?  I mean really???

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 5

Am in the middle of Love at Sunset Terrace right now.  So far so good.  What is really refreshing about this one is that even though the lead female is so superstressed from her big city job that she goes to Small Town (but small town by a gorgeous lake)  to decompress she's not at all bitchy and is just a genuinely nice person right away - the small town isn't thawing her stony heart.  

Edited by WinnieWinkle

Agreed, WinnieWinkle.  I really liked the female lead.  Perhaps that's because she reminds me of a favourite co-worker but she seemed sweet and I could see why the guy would fall for her.  I liked the male lead as well.  I'm just really over the dead mom and overprotective dad storyline where he can't move on and it's up to the 8-9 year old daughter to prod him back to life.  And yet another festival thrown together over a day or two.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I'm just really over the dead mom and overprotective dad storyline where he can't move on and it's up to the 8-9 year old daughter to prod him back to life. 

Agreed.  But at least in this movie the Dad wasn't a jerk to the female lead and seemed to accept her help and advice (most of the time).  The shows where for reasons of the plot he treats her like the enemy are the ones that get deleted from my PVR double quick!

On 2/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, Cetacean said:

My faves from Hallmark Hall of Fame of the past including Loving Leah, Sarah Plain and Tall, Mr. Lincoln, The Russell Girl, Pictures of Hollis Woods, The Magic of Ordinary Days, The Water is Wide, Beyond the Blackboard, A Place for Annie, My Sister's Keeper, Saint Maybe, Skylark, To Dance with the White Dog, and two for the holidaies - A Season for Miracles and November Christmas.

I love these. I find myself watching Hallmark Drama for their movies much more than the other two Hallmark channels. I love the Hall of Fame movies, but this week I watched two that were fluffier (one with Jane Seymour and one with Anna Chlumsky), and they were far more enjoyable than anything I've seen on the other channels lately. The acting and the humor was there in a way that is not so present now. Spectrum added Drama to the lineup last year, and I didn't really care, but it has become my favorite. 

• Love 1

Oh look, it's another romance movie where one of the love interests tells the other that they're doing life wrong. (I can only do a movie like that when both are pushing each other.) I gave up on it.  

I might go back though since there was chem.  But just ugh...I hate the negging 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

I watched It Was Always You last night and wondered why Erin Krakow’s hair looked like a mop. So distracting.  When she came back from traveling at the end of the movie her hair was chic and beautiful.  Could her character not find a good hair stylist in the States?  She certainly could have afforded one.  There was nothing in the plot line to account for that aggregious wig.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched It Was Always You last night and wondered why Erin Krakow’s hair looked like a mop. So distracting.  When she came back from traveling at the end of the movie her hair was chic and beautiful.  Could her character not find a good hair stylist in the States?  She certainly could have afforded one.  There was nothing in the plot line to account for that aggregious wig.  

I struggled to get past Erin Krakow's hair too.  I still can't decide if it's a wig or her real hair.  I'm leaning towards it being real since she's still sporting something similar on social media.   I saw some preview pictures for Italia Ricci's Spring Fling movie, and her hair looks terrible in that one too.  I don't know what Hallmark's stylists are thinking.  

As for It Was Always You, it was okay.  The movie was hyped a lot, but it was really nothing new.   Tyler Hynes has quickly become one of my favorite Hallmark leading men, so I'll probably continue to sit through whatever he's in. 

• Love 4

It Was Always You: Female character again was an uptight, regimented bitch for much of movie. Fiance again was a boring dweeb. Fiance's free-spirited brother again showed her the way to a fulfilled life. Been here, done that, was hoping we wouldn't go back there again.

However, since Tyler Hynes was irresistibly, impossibly charming as always, I watched every minute of it. And I will say, there was definitely chemistry between him and Erin Krakow. The last 10 minutes were probably the best of the movie, but I'm sure I'll watch the whole thing again, because that's what I do with Tyler Hynes movies. 

P.S. I actually liked Erin's hair in this. Outlier, I know.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

The only explanation for the Hynes character liking the Krakow character was his carrying a torch for her since he was a kid. Otherwise, I don’t see why he was attracted to her. As expected, she loosened up in the end, and I did like the way they tied it up, but husband and I keep quoting the dentist’s line about finally going to Paris when they were very gray and very old. Otherwise, it was exciting dental seminars for two child free people with big incomes. Short trips to Europe are easy with lots of money; of course, he couldn’t leave his patients very long because they only trusted him🙄. He was so over the top stuffy, he didn’t seem to fit the family vibe she was so attracted to as a child. Her hair was sad, especially paired with that much eyeliner. Tyler Hynes elevates the material every time. 

Edited by Valentine
  • Love 3

I liked It Was Always You more than many of the movies lately, but that could be Tyler Hynes.  I thought Erin Krakow's hair wasn't as bad in the movie as it was in the promos, maybe they used the worst clips.  In fact, her hair was quite pretty at the wedding.

Having said that, I also don't see what he was attracted to.  When someone decides they would rather walk to town carrying a bunch of heavy books rather than accept a ride, it's time to keep driving.  And why are these people always single, forever?  Whenever there is a misunderstanding breakup, when the leaver decides to come back, the person left behind is always still single, still pining.  No way Tyler Hynes is still single.

• Love 4

It Was Always You - I just couldn't. He was such an ass. Sure, he apologized every time, said he was sorry, but you know he didn't mean it. He was being an ass for her own good. Ugh and double-ugh. I liked the dentist brother better. Why couldn't they have had the free-spirited brother show his reserved brother how to loosen up a bit, saving the prospective marriage? Surely that island could have gotten some ferry service or something while the bridge was down. The place seemed well-heeled enough for one.

• Love 2

I think Hallmark is doing quantity over quality. I would much rather have better movies and less of them than the crapfest that they’re churning out now. I didn’t really care for It Was Only You because I didn’t think the leads had chemistry.  Love Under the Olive Tree, no. Beverly Hills Wedding was truly awful.  I really didn’t care for Playing Cupid even though there was an Hispanic lead.  In Mix Up in the Mediterranean, I couldn’t get past Jessica Lowndes’ makeup.  Her huge mouth and way too red lips, along with really bad eye makeup was totally distracting.  The only time she looked really pretty was at the end when she wore pale lipstick and subtle eye makeup. 

I did notice that this coming week, they’re showing a lot of older movies, some going back to 2014. I have to check them out.  

• Love 2

I liked Mix Up in the Mediterranean despite its flaws. The actor who played the twins did a good job and is super appealing. The storyline was different, and while I thought it should have gone more over the top with the comedy, I appreciated that it was basically a farce. That helped me forgive the amateurish supporting performances (those accents, lol, to explain them they should have revealed at the end that ALL of the contestants and judges were frauds and were really Canadian) and Loundes' distracting makeup. 

• Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, ctlady said:

I love this movie.  And...it's been uploaded to Youtube to watch for free

Thanks for this info, CTLady.

Re: the bad movies --  I unfortunately watched IT WAS ALWAYS YOU.   Apparently the script had Erin Krakow channeling Meg Ryan in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY during that bakery scene.  "I want this cupcake with frosting on the side, I want that one with filling on top, I want.......etc."  I was literally cringing.   

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Re: the bad movies --  I unfortunately watched IT WAS ALWAYS YOU.   Apparently the script had Erin Krakow channeling Meg Ryan in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY during that bakery scene.  "I want this cupcake with frosting on the side, I want that one with filling on top, I want.......etc."  I was literally cringing

It could've been worse - she could've recreated the Katz's Deli scene!

• LOL 9
14 minutes ago, ctlady said:

It could've been worse - she could've recreated the Katz's Deli scene!

LOL. That would've made those Hallmark Hausfraus clutch their pearls! 

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, kirinan said:

LOL. That would've made those Hallmark Hausfraus clutch their pearls! 

On the outside on social media, but inside thinking "I'll have what she's having". ;-)

• LOL 5

I watched a movie tonight I've never seen, The Color of Rain with Warren Christie and Lacey Chabert. It was saccharine in spots, but to my surprise I really enjoyed it and never contemplated turning the channel once (a rarity these days). The leads were good, and some moments really made my heart ache for them as they dealt with their respective spouses' deaths. All in all, it was (I thought) a decent story about two widowed parents learning to heal and love again with each other. Another surprise, the real-life family the story is based on live in a Detroit suburb only about 30 miles from my own suburb!  

• Love 5

Watched one of those When Calls The Heart things.   Ugh, I'm sorry.  Just can't say anything good.  Believe me or not, I really wish I could.

I guess all the mermaid hair makes it easy to go "period"-style for 1910 -- just more Edwardian-type curls.  However, some of the dialogue didn't fit that era; I heard a guy say something like "I totally understand".  Sloppy, really sloppy....

• Love 2

I'm going to watch Fit for a Prince this weekend because I want to know what they're going to name the country/principality this latest royal comes from.    Stupidinia?  The Isle of Dullsville?    

• LOL 9

Unpopular opinion on this thread but I like Erin Krakow's short 'do.  Or I guess it's possible that I don't actually like it but I'm just so sick of the constant parade of mermaid waves that it's nice to see a leading lady with something else.  I'd love to see someone with a pixie cut, a la Ginnifer Goodwin in Once Upon a Time.

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Watched one of those When Calls The Heart things.   Ugh, I'm sorry.  Just can't say anything good.  Believe me or not, I really wish I could.

I guess all the mermaid hair makes it easy to go "period"-style for 1910 -- just more Edwardian-type curls.  However, some of the dialogue didn't fit that era; I heard a guy say something like "I totally understand".  Sloppy, really sloppy....

Come join us in the WCTH thread.  It's basically 20+ pages of people alternating between mocking the anachronisms and complaining about bad character development.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/28/2021 at 3:38 PM, Terrafamilia said:

It Was Always You - I just couldn't. He was such an ass. Sure, he apologized every time, said he was sorry, but you know he didn't mean it. He was being an ass for her own good.

I hate that smarmy kind of attitude.  And his dentist brother had to be painted as a total dweeb to emphasize how "clever" snarky brother was supposed to come off.

I didn't have an issue with the hairstyle for Erin Krakow, the cut actually looked good on her.  It was that horrendous wig that looked like a dust mop that was awful.  At the end, smoothed out and combed, it looked OK.  Except for the ear sticking out, that drives me nuts.

How did she manage to come up with enough money to travel the world for a whole year?  Did she take her dental drill with her and set up clinics or something?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

How did she manage to come up with enough money to travel the world for a whole year?  Did she take her dental drill with her and set up clinics or something?

Given that all she and her fiance ever did was work and go to conferences and seminars, she probably had a nice nest egg.  I was at the dentist today - $208 and I saw the actual dentist for less than 5 minutes.

• Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 8:27 PM, EyewatchTV211 said:

Has anyone else noticed the preview for the next in the "One Winter......" series? I didn't realize it was him at first, but Jack Turner (Ben) is suddenly bald and bearded in this one. 😲

Yes, and they apparently rewrote it from “One Winter Wedding” to a spring “One Perfect Wedding” for some reason.

• Useful 1

Watching something called My Favorite Wedding starring Paul Greene.  Man, is he handsome.  He's close to making this movie watchable.  The female lead is pretty but what a bitch!  She has, for absolutely no reason, decided she is going to be a bitch to his character.  He picked her up at the airport at the request of the bride, but she ragged on him because he's not an Uber driver but a lawyer and didn't tell her that and it has been downhill ever since.  Despite the fact she has bitched about his food options at the brunch and co-opted him to cancel his golf date to drive around town doing tasks the bride left until the last minute, she is still being rude and obnoxious and sarcastic.  I am hard pressed to determine what the writers were thinking by making her so unlikeable, more so than most of these movies where at least there is a weak pretense of a reason for being a bitch.  As near as I can tell, there is no reason.  Your average, non-weird female would be all over this guy.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Watching something called My Favorite Wedding starring Paul Greene.  Man, is he handsome.  He's close to making this movie watchable.  The female lead is pretty but what a bitch!  She has, for absolutely no reason, decided she is going to be a bitch to his character.  He picked her up at the airport at the request of the bride, but she ragged on him because he's not an Uber driver but a lawyer and didn't tell her that and it has been downhill ever since.  Despite the fact she has bitched about his food options at the brunch and co-opted him to cancel his golf date to drive around town doing tasks the bride left until the last minute, she is still being rude and obnoxious and sarcastic.  I am hard pressed to determine what the writers were thinking by making her so unlikeable, more so than most of these movies where at least there is a weak pretense of a reason for being a bitch.  As near as I can tell, there is no reason.  Your average, non-weird female would be all over this guy.

And a guy with any kind of objective judgment on how he is being treated would keep this woman at arm's length while he went along with this to the extent necessary to keep the peace if it was what he had to do. He wouldn't say, hey this is the gal for me to marry!

If Hallmark continues to insist that marriage is the ultimate goal of all men and women, why won't they also model healthy relationships?

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

And a guy with any kind of objective judgment on how he is being treated would keep this woman at arm's length while he went along with this to the extent necessary to keep the peace if it was what he had to do. He wouldn't say, hey this is the gal for me to marry!

One would think, especially because he was a divorce attorney and was 'down on marriage' from the beginning anyway.  Instead, he decides the best thing for her is to take a day off from the duties and they should do something great together. At this point I must have blacked out because I don't remember what they did except that they were having so much fun the control freak bitch actually missed the rehearsal dinner (and the control freak bride didn't call to ask her where she was until after the dinner.)  But hey, she's moving to Chicago (or Chi-town [I always thought it was pronounced like Shy-town]) where the handsome lawyer lives, so that seems like enough to base a relationship on.  I think they may have said, 'I love you' though I might have made that up.

Maybe the writers think that the couple will always love the 'witty repartee' rather than want to tear each other's eyes out a few years down the road because in truth they don't really like one another.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, dubstepford wife said:

Come join us in the WCTH thread.  It's basically 20+ pages of people alternating between mocking the anachronisms and complaining about bad character development.

Thanks!  Didn't know there was one.  But I will have to work my way to actually wanting to watch them, lol.  Like all the Hallmark stuff I've seen, there is just no 'there' there.

(edited)

Click, as in you're not going to watch it?  It was actually one of the better ones this past season.  She's not a bitch for no reason and they actually 'date' for a while   Also, Michael Rady is in it, which is meh for me but I am definitely in the minority here as he seems to be a favourite of everyone but me.

I am watching Falling for Look Lodge, which is the usual terrible movie but at least has the novelty of the guy being a jerk for no reason instead of the woman.  Also wondering why the bartender is not the star of this or another movie as he is totally handsome and much more appealing than the guy who actually is the star.

Edited by bankerchick
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, In2You said:

An interesting thread by the editor of Hallmark Publishing(which is an imprint of Simon & Schuster). Crazy they have one person doing everything.

Interesting. I just went over to Twitter to check it out, and only got to the first post in the thread, which then disappeared as I clicked to read the rest of the thread, which also no longer exists. 

1 minute ago, kirinan said:

Interesting. I just went over to Twitter to check it out, and only got to the first post in the thread, which then disappeared as I clicked to read the rest of the thread, which also no longer exists. 

I think we're being punked.  No way that's legit.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I think we're being punked.  No way that's legit.

Oh no she's legit and I saw the full thread.  I should've screenshot since I guess she deleted it since it was gaining traction. The gist was that she's the only full time employees of the imprint doing all the work from reading manuscripts, publicity, revisions, pushing book to movie deals, marketing,etc The replies are still up

Edited by In2You

Fit for a Prince had me rolling my eyes so badly that I saw parts of my brain I didn’t know existed.

First of all, it was very similar to the storyline as My Summer Prince (subordinate subs for boss, royalty, mean girls, “wise older woman” rooting for underdog) in a different setting.

First, there’s the “haute couture” workroom where seamstresses labor on Walmart plastic tables sitting in folding chairs side by side.  Then there are “fittings” when nothing has been created to fit.  Throw in taking measurements of random body parts but not writing anything down.  Don’t they have wardrobe experts at Hallmark that could have weighed in on how to make things look even semi-realistic instead of cartoonish?

And so many mysteries.

• Why did she need to design all new gowns after the chocolate disaster?  The women never saw or even tried on the completed gowns; how would they know?
  • A prince who can sub for experienced seamstresses?
  • Everyone falls asleep in broad daylight at exactly the same time?
  • Can’t Hallmark hire anyone who can actually dance?  Do they not play any music to at least coordinate the shuffling instead of having the actors just do their own thing?  Beat drum or something if you don’t want to actually play a song.  Watching the “ball” was painful.
  • And finally, the JC Penney quality gowns and the suit jacket fit for a pimp were “the most fabulous of all time”? Puhleeze.

Ugh, just ugh.  Horrible.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Agreed 100%. I came on here last night to post about how much of a dud this movie was, but I think I fell asleep just typing my comments, and I would not have been as succinct as Cetacean.  

I get it Hallmark is trying to skew younger, but there was nothing interesting or appealing about either of the two leads.  I have seen the girl in a couple of movies and she's pretty but I watched the guy in another movie that afternoon and he is a total non-entity.  And what's up with the accent?  I know someone said they were going to watch just to find out what fake country he was from, and I missed that, but why do they all (try to) sound like they're British?  Do all royals around the world study in England or something?  Is there a royal school where they go to learn how to all be exactly the same?

I was also disappointed in the commercial for the upcoming 'Spring Fling' movies as I didn't see any of my favourites in the upcoming movies, though good news for the Michael Rady fans as it appears he is in one.  Maybe he's a dedicated Hallmark actor and the others all seem to have at least partial other gigs but I hope he is not going to become the Lacy Chabert of the guys.

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Can’t Hallmark hire anyone who can actually dance?  Do they not play any music to at least coordinate the shuffling instead of having the actors just do their own thing?  Beat drum or something if you don’t want to actually play a song.  Watching the “ball” was painful.

This.  There is dancing in many of the movies and not only does it not go with the music, it's like they don't even know how to dance.  If they're not going to kiss, at least have them dance romantically together instead of randomly touching each other's shoulders, standing a foot apart and turning circles at approximately the same time.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Click, as in you're not going to watch it?  It was actually one of the better ones this past season.  She's not a bitch for no reason and they actually 'date' for a while   Also, Michael Rady is in it, which is meh for me but I am definitely in the minority here as he seems to be a favourite of everyone but me.

Well, I went back to it out of (my own) perverse curiosity. When will Hallmark realize that their protagonists are not Tracy/Hepburn in the love/competition department, lol?

• Love 1

Fit For a Prince.  God.  I should have added "Isle of Incredulity" to his geographical background.  However, I never found out where "Ronan" came from, because after the mean royal girl tried to sabotage our heroine by telling her the party was "casual" and the naive seamstress showed up in tee-shirt and leggings -- followed by the Prince in solidarity changing from his suit into an all-black rock-and-roll tee-shirt and jeans, I had had ENOUGH and yelled at the screen:  "Hallmark, you have insulted me and the rest of your viewership for the last time!!!!"  So I switched to another channel in a huff and never literally looked back.

How did this pathetic excuse for a script end?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

after the mean royal girl tried to sabotage our heroine by telling her the party was "casual" and the naive seamstress showed up in tee-shirt and leggings -- followed by the Prince in solidarity changing from his suit into an all-black rock-and-roll tee-shirt and jeans, I had had ENOUGH and yelled at the screen:  "Hallmark, you have insulted me and the rest of your viewership for the last time!!!!" 

Ha ha!  I also left the movie at that time, but went back toward the end where, you will never guess, the couple gets together and I assume will live happily ever after because, as I'm sure Meghan will tell all of us tonight on Oprah, true love is what really counts in royal families.  Also, the mean royal is really not mean!  She just wants Ronan to be happy and can see that the girl (I have no idea what her name was - probably Lucy) makes him happy so she gracefully steps aside and urges the lead actress to 'go for it.'  The 'half an hour left in the movie we need a crisis' is that somehow a chocolate fountain falls on all of the ball dresses, so the lead actress, the Prince and one of the other seamstresses stay up all night and create 4 or 5 brand new gowns, new styles, new fabrics, the whole nine yards.  And they all fit perfectly, despite the random measuring.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

And finally, the JC Penney quality gowns and the suit jacket fit for a pimp were “the most fabulous of all time”? Puhleeze.

Lol.  I mentioned this upthread with regard to Window Wonderland.  The oohing and aahing over very mediocre to frankly terrible Christmas windows.  So contrived.  Another Christmas one I saw was where the heroine was going from house to house decorating them for Christmas and there is some competition for best designed house (of course) anyway again with the oohing and aahing over very basic, very boring designs.  I guess we're supposed to ignore all this (and if the movie is good enough I mostly do - as with Window Wonderland) but as you say - puhleeze!!

• Love 1

Oh my gosh, thanks so much, @bankerchick! Hallmark's "happily ever after" -- shocker!  Dear Lord, how can they continually insult our intelligence in this way?  Did they ever tell us what kingdom Prince Ronan came from?  The Dutchy of Dumbness?  And as @Cetacean pointed out, where did he learn sewing skills?  

I've got popcorn at the ready for our real-life prince and commoner story this evening.  

Wow, so first Hallmark used a crappy cover of Weezer's "Beverly Hills" for Beverly Hills Wedding and now they got the rights to TLC's "Waterfalls" for the new movie Chasing Waterfalls? Maybe they've decided to make movies based off the song rights they can get. There's also a new movie called Don't Go Breaking My Heart but the commercial surprisingly didn't use the Elton John song. Probably too expensive.

• LOL 2
54 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I've got popcorn at the ready for our real-life prince and commoner story this evening. 

I think I'm the only one not on Team Meghan and Harry, so I won't be watching.  (Maybe it's a Canadian thing as we are a Commonwealth country and the Queen is technically the Head of State. Not that I am defending the Queen but it seems pretty unbelievable that Meghan thought she could call any of the shots and why the hell didn't Harry warn her what she was getting into if she thought this?)

Back to the movies, I agree with WinnieWinkle the windows were not great in Window Wonderland, but I love Paul Campbell in anything and he at least has chemistry with the lead actress in that movie.

I just watched Sweet Autumn.  I know I'm a broken record, but I love Andrew Walker and will watch most of his movies and he was totally cute in this one but I do not like Nikki Deloach (there's something weird about her mouth and I think she looks way older than any of the men she is ever in movies with.) That, combined with the usual unlikeability of the female character, unreasonable stubbornness of the male character and the stupidness of the story (2 single people are each left 50% ownership in a candy store in hopes they will fall in love.  Gee, I wonder if it will work?) made it a bit of a slog. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

I think I'm the only one not on Team Meghan and Harry, so I won't be watching.

I'm an American and don't give two hoots so you are not alone.

And the whole royals thing brings up another eye-rolling moment from that Prince movie mess last night - Americans do not bow or curtsy to royals, not when royals are in this country or when you stumble across them in their own country (something that seems to routinely happen in Hallmarkworld).

• Love 1
(edited)

Ditto here.  You could not pay me to watch those two whiners.  

I don’t watch any of the Hallmark royal movies.  I’m sure I’m missing a gem or two (sounds like Crown for Christmas is well-liked) but I just don’t enjoy that theme.

Edited by MerBearHou

I'm not a fan of royalty movies but I do like Natalie Hall so I decided to give it a chance.  I noped out of that pretty quick.  It was so bad.  The best part about it is the cover art for the movie. 

BTW, Natalie Hall is in a movie I quite enjoy called The Seven Year Hitch where she and her male best friend live together and it's discovered they're considered common law married when her (completely inappropriate) boyfriend proposes to her. It's a silly plot but I do like the chemistry and their angst, when it hits, actually makes me feel.  It's airing today on UPN at 3 p.m. Easter (or 30 minutes after I make this post). 

2 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

hey got the rights to TLC's "Waterfalls" for the new movie Chasing Waterfalls? Maybe they've decided to make movies based off the song rights they can get.

That cracked me up.  The song is titled Chasing Waterfalls but the lyrics are Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls because chasing waterfalls, in the song, is about going after things without thinking about the consequences.  The decisions and consequences in the song aren't good things.  It is not a happy song.  The first verse is about a guy who sells drugs while his mother pleads for him not to (and he's shot and killed in the video).  The second verse is about not using protection and casual sex leading to death from AIDS.

But sure, let's use that as the backdrop in an ad where presumably chasing waterfalls is going to be considered a good thing. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That cracked me up.  The song is titled Chasing Waterfalls but the lyrics are Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls because chasing waterfalls, in the song, is about going after things without thinking about the consequences.  The decisions and consequences in the song aren't good things.  It is not a happy song.  The first verse is about a guy who sells drugs while his mother pleads for him not to (and he's shot and killed in the video).  The second verse is about not using protection and casual sex leading to death from AIDS.

I was thinking this too!  It gave me flashbacks to the montage in What A Girl Wants where Amanda Bynes' character first arrives in London and is sightseeing, with The Clash's "London Calling" playing in the background.  It was an interesting choice to include that in a cute film about a teen finding her father considering that the song is about unemployment and racial tension and was inspired by a nuclear meltdown.

• Love 1