Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

On 10/11/2018 at 12:57 PM, walnutqueen said:

Cable channels that offer "Premium" service for a few dollars more, just to watch their one semi-decent show 24 hours early, perhaps "commercial free".  Who do you think your are, HBO?

Especially if the flagship show in question is on the decline.  If viewership is tanking with each subsequent season, what makes the cable company think I care about watching  commercial-free or not?

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, bilgistic said:

When people talk passionately about bacon, I immediately think of a commercial for the dog treat Beggin' Strips. The camera shows the dog's point of view--his nose is shown directly in front of of the camera's view. The dog is running through the house because he smells bacon. He's actually "smelling" the dog treats from the other end of the house. Sure. He keeps manically "talking" about bacon the whole time.

That dog's voice is what I hear when people talk about bacon.

Years ago, I bought some of those for the dog just because I liked the commercial so much.  The dog was indifferent to them.  At some point, they redid the commercial, and the newer dog has a different voice, which I don't like nearly as much.  In the original, when the dog finds the bag he says "What's in that bag??? I can't read!!!"  Killed me every time!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have a food peeve (well, many, but just this one for now). Actually, it's more of a people peeve though--bacon. People who talk a lot about bacon. Bacon has been here forever yet in recent years, it has become people's go-to... thing. And they always remark about it as if it's somehow clever and unique to like bacon? Or that interjecting bacon talk into online conversations makes you delightfully quirky? And while I am not bothered by this because I don't eat meat, I am annoyed that if that's the case, people do it more--and in an even more annoying way: "But bacon." But shut up!

I've also seen a weird backlash at people who like avocado toast! Like, why are there snarky memes about, and why is my uncle mad at, people who eat this?

The bacon thing annoys me too.  So you like bacon - damn you are a rebel who thinks outside of the box.  Hahaha.  I love bacon myself but at least I'm not deluded about how fascinating a person that makes me.

I've eaten avocados my whole life (we had them in the backyard) so I'm more confused than annoyed about Avocado Toast Fever.   On the other hand I do get stabby (oh, what a wit I am) reading about people that are so inept that they can't peel and remove the pulp from an avocado without severing an artery.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/may/10/avocado-hand-why-the-fruit-has-become-a-health-hazard

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-39890204/avocado-hand-health-warning

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Especially if the flagship show in question is on the decline.  If viewership is tanking with each subsequent season, what makes the cable company think I care about watching  commercial-free or not?

Did anyone catch the story about Netflix testing some advertising?  Heh. Customers were pissed!  

It is completely inevitable that advertising will come to Netflix. Producing TV is expensive and subscription fees alone won’t cover it forever. They just have to figure out how to overcome the fact that people think Netflix owes them ad free content.  

On an unrelated topic @ratgirlagogo, everyone should own one of these. For less than $10 it is a life altering gadget. I’m like an avocado ninja now. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Crap.  Now I am craving a bacon, tomato & avocado sandwich.  I have everything except the goddamned bread.  A "lettuce cup" just won't do.  :-(

The discussion got to me too - I was too lazy to make the bacon I had and did not have avocado though.  I don't particularly care for tomato so I need a bigger sandwich with more stuff to hide it in if I am going to have one. 

• Love 1

I love avocados, but I wasn't aware avocado toast was even a thing until about a couple of years ago when apparently some guy (I think from Australia) wrote a whole column about that the reason Millennials couldn't afford to buy a house was because they were spending all their money on avocado toast. I don't eat at restaurants much, but I think avocado toast had become a fad recently, at least in some big cities, and they were maybe overcharging for it.  I never read the article, I don't know if it was meant to be serious or humorous, but I read dozens of refutations to the article, pointing out that even if someone had avocado toast at a restaurant every day, it wouldn't come close to the cost of a mortgage.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Did anyone catch the story about Netflix testing some advertising?  Heh. Customers were pissed!  

It is completely inevitable that advertising will come to Netflix. Producing TV is expensive and subscription fees alone won’t cover it forever. They just have to figure out how to overcome the fact that people think Netflix owes them ad free content.  

On an unrelated topic @ratgirlagogo, everyone should own one of these. For less than $10 it is a life altering gadget. I’m like an avocado ninja now. 

They were testing avocado tools on America’s Test Kitchen and gave a hard pass on them. It’s nice to read here that they aren’t always right and that you found one that works good for you.     

21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

They were testing avocado tools on America’s Test Kitchen and gave a hard pass on them. It’s nice to read here that they aren’t always right and that you found one that works good for you.     

They are a bunch of weenies if they hard passed on that Oxo tool. It makes the whole process three times faster and easier. 

• Love 3

I just scoop mine out with one swoop of a spoon after cutting in half, and then slice. If it's soft enough and I plan to mash it up anyway, I kind of just squeeze it all (like you would a lemon) out of its skin into a bowl and smash it with my potato masher (that reminds me of a 1950s--or maybe '40s?--microphone). Add lemon pepper and sea salt and smear it on a pita or whatever!

Unless, of course THIS horrific peeve happens!

43663877_1987520311545375_3626748458657906688_n.jpg

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I just scoop mine out with one swoop of a spoon after cutting in half, and then slice. If it's soft enough and I plan to mash it up anyway, I kind of just squeeze it all (like you would a lemon) out of its skin into a bowl and smash it with my potato masher (that reminds me of a 1950s--or maybe '40s?--microphone). Add lemon pepper and sea salt and smear it on a pita or whatever!

Unless, of course THIS horrific peeve happens!

43663877_1987520311545375_3626748458657906688_n.jpg

Holy guacamole. I’ve never seen a pit that huge! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Especially now that Netflix-produced shows and movies have gained mainstream recognition and more famous celebs are attaching themselves to Netflix projects. Netflix has to pay those names somehow.

I worked at Blockbuster when Netflix just started their DVD shipping service. Blockbuster tried to compete with their own DVD service but didn't put their all into it, thinking Netflix would be gone by '07 (this was in '05)---LOL. (I don't feel bad for the downfall of Blockbuster because they refused to acknowledge that their business model had to change to keep up with the times, and they were horribly cheap in pay and employee benefits.) Its just crazy how Netflix grew from that to where they are now.

t. I don't eat at restaurants much, but I think avocado toast had become a fad recently, at least in some big cities, and they were maybe overcharging for it.  I never read the article, I don't know if it was meant to be serious or humorous, but I read dozens of refutations to the article, pointing out that even if someone had avocado toast at a restaurant every day, it wouldn't come close to the cost of a mortgage.

I have been to some hipster-type restaurants where they do charge $10-$15 for avocado toast, but everything on their menu was overpriced so it's not like that specific item was the only one.  These hipster trends hit mainstream media and all of a sudden its a "millennial" thing. It's really annoying.

• Love 5

What I've seen is that Netflix has been showing 10-30 second promos for their own shows that run before or after content, and that a "skip" button is available. Amazon has had the same thing for a while. Is Netflix now testing actual commercials?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, 2727 said:

What I've seen is that Netflix has been showing 10-30 second promos for their own shows that run before or after content, and that a "skip" button is available. Amazon has had the same thing for a while. Is Netflix now testing actual commercials?

It was the introduction of those promos that customers freaked out about. It’s just the start of what will eventually be outside advertising. 

• Love 1

Incoming first-world peeve. A small town/suburb 10+ miles northeast of me was having a free shredding event at their town hall today from 9-12. I got there at 11:30 because I was busy from 9 until 11. Of course when I got there, "The trucks are full." So glad I drove 20+ minutes for nothing. Bring one additional truck, folks. Just one. They do these events yearly or semi-yearly. Anticipate need.

I've had this boot box full of documents I need shredded for probably six months. There's a free shredding event next Saturday, but I can't go then. There are two more events at the end of the month, so I'm going to try to get to one of them.

I'm going to set the box on fire soon.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, forumfish said:

Y'all just go head on and hate on me, 'cause I love pumpkin spice flavor. I

Because avocados are vile?

There IS someone in this world for everyone. I'll give you ALL my pumpkin spice, including pumpkin pie for all your avocados.

Pumpkin Spice season is the worst season.

I went to Costco today (I know, I know). My peeve stems from people leaving their carts in the middle of the aisle while they look at things. Move it over to one side or the other. To be fair this peeve extends to all stores with carts.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Incoming first-world peeve. A small town/suburb 10+ miles northeast of me was having a free shredding event at their town hall today from 9-12. I got there at 11:30 because I was busy from 9 until 11. Of course when I got there, "The trucks are full." So glad I drove 20+ minutes for nothing. Bring one additional truck, folks. Just one. They do these events yearly or semi-yearly. Anticipate need.

I've had this boot box full of documents I need shredded for probably six months. There's a free shredding event next Saturday, but I can't go then. There are two more events at the end of the month, so I'm going to try to get to one of them.

I'm going to set the box on fire soon.

Aren't home-sized shredding machines cheap?  I got one years ago at Staples for approximately $20 & it still works fine -- even if I had a year's worth of documents to shred, it probably wouldn't take more than half an hour, then dump the stuff into the recycle cart for weekly pick-up.  Why do people need professionals with special equipment? 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, fairffaxx said:

Aren't home-sized shredding machines cheap?  I got one years ago at Staples for approximately $20 & it still works fine -- even if I had a year's worth of documents to shred, it probably wouldn't take more than half an hour, then dump the stuff into the recycle cart for weekly pick-up.  Why do people need professionals with special equipment? 

People like my parents with bankers boxes full of documents they don't and need to be shredded are the people who need professionals with special equipment.

• Love 1

I just shove all my shreddables in bins at my job. The small home shredder makes one of our cats go too nuts when I use it. Also, a friend of mine actually had to deal with identity theft by someone who went through her thrown-out shreds. That's some real dedication to being a real dick, man.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

The small home shredder makes one of our cats go too nuts when I use it.

Maddie was the opposite; she'd come running into the room whenever I turned it on, and then jump up on the desk to watch.  She liked watching the washing machine fill up with water, too.  Easy to entertain, that cat.

Anyway, I've done backlogs of shredding at home, but a friend recently went through seven years worth of paperwork; we took one look at those piles and off to a shredding center she went.

Some cities won't accept shredded paper, even if bagged, in the recycling bins, because the recycling company they contract with won't deal with the tiny pieces.  But the big bales of shredded paper from shredding centers are accepted by most of those companies.  So, if you live somewhere where your shredded paper would wind up in the landfill if you did it at home, but would be part of a big bale that would get recycled if you took it to a shredding center, that's a consideration.  (Here we can put it in our bins, but I compost as much of it as I can.)

• Love 4

Thanks for the info on shredding, everyone.  It all makes sense -- especially the part about cats going nuts over the machine's noise (that's one of my excuses for not running the vacuum cleaner....).  I'm lucky to live in a city where the recycling services include shredded paper, so no problem disposing of it.  Aldous Huxley would quail at our brave new world where we must shred our refuse in order to maintain our privacy.

@fairffaxx, my old home-use shredder seized up and died about ten pages into the shredding job. I don't have a spare penny right now for a new one, so free shredding it is...if I can ever get to an event when it's still open (not "open").

The cats scatter when I grind coffee, so I'm sure they'd be pissed at me if I shredded 10+ pounds of paper, three sheets at a time. I use the same excuse for vacuuming.

• Love 4

What's with young, millennial men wearing non-religious headgear indoors, in, say, nicer, sit-down restaurants?  Call me old-fashioned, but I find that TOTALLY WRONG/not proper.  This isn't a sporting event or concert, dude.  

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, forumfish said:

... what's a vacuum cleaner? ...

It's a term found in crossword puzzles as an example of the highly rare double vowel usage (not counting "ee" & "oo") in English -- see, also:  aardvark (from the Dutch).

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

What's with young, millennial men wearing non-religious headgear indoors, in, say, nicer, sit-down restaurants?  Call me old-fashioned, but I find that TOTALLY WRONG/not proper.  This isn't a sporting event or concert, dude.  

I try to tell my son to take off his cap indoors, and he tells me he can wear it at school. I don't think he gets to wear it in class, but in the gym and halls, etc., no one makes the kids take off their hats. At his daycare/preschool, the teachers (all considerably younger than me) also allowed it. I think I'm fighting a losing battle, but I'm going to keep fighting.

The only time he gets to wear his hat is when he is in his class A Cub Scout uniform. Apparently, hats are allowed as part of the uniform. I file that under "Things I never knew because I never wore a uniform that included a hat."

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, auntlada said:

I try to tell my son to take off his cap indoors, and he tells me he can wear it at school. I don't think he gets to wear it in class, but in the gym and halls, etc., no one makes the kids take off their hats. At his daycare/preschool, the teachers (all considerably younger than me) also allowed it. I think I'm fighting a losing battle, but I'm going to keep fighting.

The only time he gets to wear his hat is when he is in his class A Cub Scout uniform. Apparently, hats are allowed as part of the uniform. I file that under "Things I never knew because I never wore a uniform that included a hat."

Thank the Millennials Don't Believe in Dress Codes and Find Them Oppressive movement.  Maybe they are at times, but the hat thing REALLY, REALLY BUGS.  :( 

• Love 1

I went out to eat at a chain family restaurant, nothing fancy.  I was with a couple of friends.  One guy, one girl. She was wearing like knit winter hat.  He was wearing a baseball cap.  Neither of them removed their hat.  My pet peeve is that my female friend had the audacity to yell at our male friend for not taking off his cap, and they got in a big fight. My main peeve is I think I have yet to do anything with these two-go out to eat, go to the movies, take a walk, anything, without them getting into an argument. But, in a more general peeve, I don't think adults need to correct other adults' manners.  If they really feel the need, one polite sentence should be it. And, if a man can't wear a hat, then a woman shouldn't either.   Exceptions for religions where men are supposed to have their heads uncovered and women are supposed to have their heads covered, but my female friend is an atheist.

• Love 1

I'm firmly GenX and I don't know anyone who takes their hat off in a restaurant. If the restaurant is nice enough no hat worn to begin with.

My related peeve is  "Millennials are ruining everything". Millenials are in their 30s now, in the work force, starting and raising families. I think it's time for the "blame" to be shifted to whatever is after millennials. I work for someone who would technically be a Millennial. He reports directly to someone who is retiring in the next few years. This manager is the second manager I've had who has made sure my salary is fair, I am continually learning and growing, allows me to experiment with things that may fail without criticizing me and doesn't exhibit any sexism. The first manager was my boss before this one and he was also a Millennial. They're pretty awesome.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

My main peeve is I think I have yet to do anything with these two-go out to eat, go to the movies, take a walk, anything, without them getting into an argument.

That is a huge peeve of mine. It's painful to hang out with couples like that.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I went out to eat at a chain family restaurant, nothing fancy.  I was with a couple of friends.  One guy, one girl. She was wearing like knit winter hat.  He was wearing a baseball cap.  Neither of them removed their hat.  My pet peeve is that my female friend had the audacity to yell at our male friend for not taking off his cap, and they got in a big fight. My main peeve is I think I have yet to do anything with these two-go out to eat, go to the movies, take a walk, anything, without them getting into an argument. But, in a more general peeve, I don't think adults need to correct other adults' manners.  If they really feel the need, one polite sentence should be it. And, if a man can't wear a hat, then a woman shouldn't either.   Exceptions for religions where men are supposed to have their heads uncovered and women are supposed to have their heads covered, but my female friend is an atheist.

In general, women got to wear hats indoors if the hats were part of their outfit, by which I mean the hats were fastened into their hair in such a way that they could not be easily and simply removed and put back on without taking down the hair and then redoing the hairdo. Hardly any women wear hats like that any more outside of royal weddings. Baseball caps and knit winter hats don't count.

Also, I'm an older Gen X-er, and I remember adults complaining about my age group wearing hats indoors when I was younger. They probably also complained about the younger Baby Boomers -- and maybe the older ones, but I'm too young to know about that.

Edited by auntlada
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

That is a huge peeve of mine. It's painful to hang out with couples like that.

They're not even a couple any more.  They broke up at least 5 years ago but they still can't not fight.  I have a solution.  Stop hanging out so much.  We did soemtihng for another friend's birthday.  I didn't realize the guy was coming along and I said I wasn't going to come because "I can't stand the two of you together" (I'm nothing if not honest).  She promised they wouldn't fight.  they did manage the drive down (about ahalf hour) and the activity (we did one of those escape rooms), but didn't make it through dinner. The birthday girl reprimanded them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

My related peeve is  "Millennials are ruining everything". Millenials are in their 30s now, in the work force, starting and raising families. I think it's time for the "blame" to be shifted to whatever is after millennials.

I was just thinking about this today when someone used the term incorrectly (to me), as a general reference to teens and young adults. It's squishy because there doesn't seem to be a real consensus among demographers and people who study this stuff about when the millennial era starts or ends, plus there isn't a catchy name yet for the actual youngsters behind them, Generation Z.

At least the baby boomer years are established enough for people to accurately identify and slam us in return.  ;-)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PRgal said:

It's not just millennial men.  I see men of all ages wearing hats, usually ball caps, when sitting down to eat, and it makes me crazy too.  A lot of times it's an older veteran, with a ball cap showing his former service or military veteran status hat on.  One of these days, I'm going to stop by their table and say "You know, in the Air Force, they taught us a gentleman doesn't wear his hat at the table..."

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

They're not even a couple any more.  They broke up at least 5 years ago but they still can't not fight.  I have a solution.  Stop hanging out so much.  

I can't tolerate being around people who constantly argue with each other, regardless of whether they used to be in a romantic relationship. Nor do I want to be around someone who is no longer in a romantic relationship with person ABC, and will not STFU about how horrible person ABC was. I've really never understood the need when a romantic relationship is over to bash the other person. I was on good enough terms with my first husband after I divorced him that he served as the photographer for my second wedding. My second husband is a different story, but it's not that we argued a lot before or after the divorce; it's more that he's disappeared into a fog of substance abuse and is not someone I want to be around for any reason.  I do understand that immediately after a relationship ends, there may be some bitterness, but FFS take a few months where you don't hang out with your ex until you can interact with that person civilly or else make the decision you don't want to hang out at all. Don't inflict your unresolved relationship drama on your friends. 

As for wearing hats inside, I can't bring myself to care either way and I'm as old as dirt. Maybe the person wearing the hat is going through chemo and wants to cover up the loss of hair. Maybe the person is just cold and wants a head covering of some sort. Maybe the person regards wearing a hat inside as some sort of fashion statement. Regardless, it doesn't affect me in any way, so I don't care about it. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

I think it's natural to get upset when your loved one brings a machine into your home that can replace you.

Ahahahhahahhaaaa! I never thought of that--or perhaps he's thinking, "Hey! I get scolded when I do that!" (To be fair, our scolding is "You bad thing!" [said in the German accent of our high school art teacher, who used to call us that] followed by hugs and kisses.)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DeLurker said:

To be clear, you scold your cat in the German accent and that is followed by hugs and kisses or the art teacher w/the German accent would scold you and then give you hugs and kisses?

The former, haha! Though that's not to say that this particular art teacher didn't ever hug us; I am sure she probably did if we were the "real" art students who had been in her classes for all four years of high school, with plans to waste our money at attend fancy-pants art colleges.

About hats -   I was brought up going to a catholic school, and every school day began with Mass.  The rule was that men and boys could NOT wear hats in church, but women and girls MUST.  I never understood the reasons behind it.  

• Love 4

I don't think hats are automatically inappropriate indoors; to me, it depends on the character of the venue and the purpose of the event.  If I saw someone at a nice steakhouse with a cap on, I would give major side eye.  While at a casual lunch joint, I probably wouldn't even notice.  But if I was having a business meeting at the casual lunch joint, I would find a hat inappropriate.

And it's not just the youngsters -- the other night, I was going around the dial and watched part of a documentary series, which included a Board of Supervisors meeting, and one of the board members - a man probably in his fifties - was wearing a baseball cap.  The rest of his outfit also looked like he'd just wandered in while running errands.  This wasn't a big city, but come on.  You may not need to don a suit, but professional attire is appropriate when you're sitting up there in your official capacity.

• Love 6

I still haven’t gotten over the shock of people going to church in casual wear - I was raised old school.  Of course, I stopped going to church regularly a long time ago so I’m not sure my pearl clutching matters to them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DeLurker said:

I still haven’t gotten over the shock of people going to church in casual wear - I was raised old school.  Of course, I stopped going to church regularly a long time ago so I’m not sure my pearl clutching matters to them.

I clearly remember being grounded for "God doesn't care if I wear jeans to Temple, mom!" complete with eye roll, huff and door slam.

My current peeve is someone who acts like they don't (or doesn't) remember a conversation you had 3 days ago. Especially when it was a text conversation that had to be picked up later. Scroll up 10 messages! We just talked about this.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DeLurker said:

I grew up in a pretty formal church.  I remember it being verboten to go bare-legged (i.e. without nylons).  A few years ago, I went back for Christmas Eve service and, two pews ahead of me, one of my childhood friend's husband changed their child's dirty diaper right there, on the pew, in the middle of the sermon and all I could think is, "Wow, things have really loosened up around here!"

• Love 5

I've been to Christmas Eve services where women have worn tight miniskirts and tube tops and no one bats an eye. Growing up, my sister and I were forced to wear long dresses with pantyhose. What a change in social norms in just 20 years!

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 7

As an atheist, I have no dog in this race, but while I think miniskirts and tube tops aren't the way to go in church, I don't think requiring dresses and pantyhose is either.  (And notice these requirements are for women; if men can go the social equivalent of business casual, so can women.)  I think if someone just looks nice - meaning neat and put together - that's adequately respectful.  Don't look like you just came in from the beach or are heading from the service to a night out clubbing, but it's not necessary to go "Sunday best."

I remember getting dressed up to fly, and I sure don't miss that.  Now, while I'm dressed more casually, I don't go in pajama pants or anything like that (although I sure do like that if I'm flying overnight internationally, Virgin Atlantic gives me "jammies" to change into while they turn my seat into a bed), but I do dress for comfort while still looking pulled together.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DeLurker said:

I still haven’t gotten over the shock of people going to church in casual wear

Same with funerals. I'm a USDA certified slob in my day to day life but even I wouldn't wear shorts and sandals to pay my respects.

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't think hats are automatically inappropriate indoors; to me, it depends on the character of the venue and the purpose of the event.

I think a number of the headwear guys are trying to hide their baldness. Berets, ball caps, scarf headbands, knit slouch beanies, etc. No need to protect one's scalp from the sun when you're indoors! 

For those who do have it, there is the problem of hat hair. Perhaps that wasn't a concern back when men all had crewcuts.

How does everyone feel about people who leave hats on during the National Anthem? Offensive or don't care?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Same with funerals. I'm a USDA certified slob in my day to day life but even I wouldn't wear shorts and sandals to pay my respects.

This I agree with.   I will never forget my grandmother's funeral.   My husband and I dressed up, and our kids were dressed up - for kids - long pants, polo shirts.    My sister brought her three school-age kids, dressed in shorts, casual tops, and flip-flops.  what you would wear to the beach. 

I was mortified, made sure the relatives knew which kids were mine. 

• Love 6