Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

I want to strangle whoever came up with the phrase "quiet as a mouse." For the last two days I've had a couple of mice galumphing around my bedroom at three in the morning, and it's like a couple of frickin' elephants. Luckily the mousetraps caught one last night.

And another thing: The cat is no help at all. He just lays on my bed watching the mice. Do your job, you purring twit.

• Love 3

I've never had a mouse problem but my cat is useless with the mouse sized spiders that get into the house. She just stares at them. My late Border Collie was the best fly catcher, he would jump ao high into the air to catch those flies.

Here's a new pet peeve of mine. We all gripe about phone customer service and how bad it is - long wait times, etc. But there's another part of it that gets me.

Ever get someone on the phone, only to be told they can't help you because "my system is being really slow", "I can't get to that screen", or worst of all, "everything's down right now, you'll have to try back tomorrow"?

Ever notice how often it happens? And how it's happening more, even though you'd expect it to happen less as technology gets better?

Crappy customer-service IT sounds a bit technical to be a pet peeve, but it's another subtle way companies screw us over, by cutting corners on the tools customer service people need to have to be able to help us.

• Love 2

Our cat we had when I was growing up caught field mice when she was younger. One time I was doing our family laundry one day after school. This was before my mother remarried when I was 17. We got the cat the summer before I turned 12 in the fall, so I was somewhere between 12 and 17. Oh, old age!

I started the washer and went to the hallway to pick up the "dark clothing" pile--mostly jeans--that had been collecting there for a day or so. As I lifted the pile, something thudded onto the floor, and our cat zoomed by my feet to pick up whatever had fallen. It was a dead mouse that she had hidden. I was so grossed out! The cat eventually dropped the mouse, and we got a neighborhood boy to put a Corningware bowl over it! No one wanted to get near the mouse! I don't remember how the mouse was actually disposed of, since my mother usually had a neighbor come over and get mice out of the traps. The funny thing was that the bowl was the "macaroni bowl"--my two younger sisters would mix up Kraft mac 'n' cheese (back when you had to make it on the stove; I wouldn't eat it) in that bowl and continued to after the mouse incident. As our cat got older, she didn't catch mice anymore. Mom complained that they could run in front of her and she would just watch them.

I still miss that sweet kitty. She passed when she was almost 18 and I was long out of the house by then. I got to spend a weekend with her just before she passed on. Mom told me she thought her time was coming soon and I might want to see her one last time. I now have a 17-year-old girl who I love so very much. She protects me as best she can from spiders, her "brother" (14-year-old) and sadness.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

At my very first apartment the girls upstairs got evicted a couple months after I moved in and they left their cat. The cat walked in my back door after she realized the girls weren't coming back and never left.

I guess maybe to thank me for taking her in the used to bring me "presents".

I woke up one morning, rolled over and put my hand in something wet. It was half a mouse.

She very quickly became an indoor cat.

Edited to say, she was a sweet girl but she was the ugliest cat I have ever seen to this day. She was a short hair calico with crossed eyes and the strangest markings. She was skinny as a rail with super long legs and tail and huge ears

We used to say she was so ugly she was cute.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

My cat Puddin is almost 18 and she acts like a little old lady, right now I am giving her pills and that is not fun.

My gripe is with people who kind of brag that they never put on the AC.  My neighbor is a nice lady and and said she has only used it 3 times this year.  I don't get it I like to be comfortable, not sweating and irritable.  I feel like I am bad for hurting the environment.

Also any pill tricks would be helpful. 

• Love 1

Ha!  Literal "Pet Peeves"!

Although the cats seemed to have cornered the market.

So I'll add mine - when I moved to Texas for medical treatment, I could barely walk.  Because it was all so sudden, we moved in with my brother's family.  They had an ancient and very hefty cat who delighted in showing me up.  Pumpkin would follow me up or down the stairs, and as I slowly managed the last few steps he would suddenly accelerate to show me he could beat me.  He would come out with me when I walked my daughter to the bus stop a few houses down.  When I was walking back, he'd be meandering and generally putzing around until I got 4 steps from the door.  Then he would haul ass to beat me to it.

• Love 4

I turn on my air conditioner once a year to make sure it works.  I hate AC:  it makes me feel like I'm living in a refrigerator that's not working very well.  I suffer through every day of winter for those wonderful hot, sticky summer days that make everybody else miserable.

And another thing: The cat is no help at all. He just lays on my bed watching the mice. Do your job, you purring twit.

Hee!  My 12 year-old cat Carl has absolutely no interest in attacking a mouse. Never has. Never will.  He does kill spiders and other bugs on the floor, but rodents are my problem.  Which is probably a good thing since the guinea pigs joined the family.  He doesn't even look at them.

I cherish my AC. I would buy it chocolate if it would somehow magically make itself cost less. As it is I run it less than I like due to cost, but just knocking some of the heat & humidity down is wonderful. Going outside at 7 this morning it was already humid enough that I walked back inside feeling like I had been sprayed down with a water hose.

However, I have a child who is always cold. Yep, one of those. She's never goes anywhere without a sweater, even in the heat of humid-laden summer. Of course she also is a tall, willowy thing with very little body fat so I kind of understand. The fact that she can often eat like a teenage boy & never really gain weight (she just gets taller) I don't entirely understand. I keep quiet & try to preach healthy body image messages & good food choices over anything else, but I secretly envy it. Is that a pet peeve or just old lady, fat sticks to my thighs jealousy?

• Love 3

However, I have a child who is always cold. Yep, one of those. She's never goes anywhere without a sweater, even in the heat of humid-laden summer. Of course she also is a tall, willowy thing with very little body fat so I kind of understand. The fact that she can often eat like a teenage boy & never really gain weight (she just gets taller) I don't entirely understand. I keep quiet & try to preach healthy body image messages & good food choices over anything else, but I secretly envy it. Is that a pet peeve or just old lady, fat sticks to my thighs jealousy?

Mommy??

• Love 5
I want to strangle whoever came up with the phrase "quiet as a mouse." For the last two days I've had a couple of mice galumphing around my bedroom at three in the morning, and it's like a couple of frickin' elephants. Luckily the mousetraps caught one last night. And another thing: The cat is no help at all. He just lays on my bed watching the mice. Do your job, you purring twit.

Check their footwear.  I have squirrels that run across my patio roof (which is that wavy plastic stuff) and I swear they are all wearing army boots.  Clomp! Clomp! Clomp!

I have a problem with people who call and leave vague messages.  I'm not talking about telemarketers (technically), but companies that can legitimately call me because I do business with them.  I had a message yesterday that was something like:  'Hi!  This call is for (my name).  Please call Julie at (number).'  A sparse message like that gives me no incentive to call back.  I knew that it was from my insurance company, because that was the name on my caller ID (which is the best money I spend each month--I haven't had to speak to a telemarketer in years), but why couldn't she say that in the message?  I have to assume that if it was important (such as a problem with my policy), she would have said so.  I'm guessing that it's that once or twice a year call where they want to make sure I'm 'happy' with my coverage and do I want more.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 2
Also any pill tricks would be helpful. 

We pill our cat but it's a two person job between me and my husband. He holds the cat by the scruff of his neck to hold his head up, and I pry his mouth open and stick the pill in.

If getting the cat to swallow it is a problem, the trick I use is to hold his mouth closed, gently blow on his face for a few seconds and pet him on his neck/throat. I don't remember where I read that or if the vet told me to do that but it works.

Our cat is 12 years old now and diabetic. We give him insulin injections daily now. He's a pretty easy going cat though and takes it no problem.

He's a good mouser too! Though we don't get more than the occasional mouse in basement. He does his job though.

Edited by Sweets McGee
  • Love 2

If getting the cat to swallow it is a problem, the trick I use is to hold his mouth closed, gently blow on his face for a few seconds and pet him on his neck/throat. I don't remember where I read that or if the vet told me to do that but it works.

I think that is similar to the advice they give about getting babies to swallow medicine (not pills, but you'd be surprised at how hard it is to get medicine from a syringe down a baby's throat and not back out all over you).

• Love 1

However, I have a child who is always cold. Yep, one of those. She's never goes anywhere without a sweater, even in the heat of humid-laden summer. Of course she also is a tall, willowy thing with very little body fat so I kind of understand.

My whole life I've always felt like it was too hot even when everyone else thought it was OK.  When I was younger I was very skinny (not anymore - which is good, I was TOO skinny) so body fat was not the issue.  I always wondered in fact what my hot flashes were going to end up being like once I went through menopause, given that I was always too hot to begin with. The answer? My climacteric on that level anyway was anti-climactic. I never got hot flashes at all.  Maybe my cosmic reward for going through a lifetime of them?

• Love 2

I had this from a long time ago, not sure of the origin:

How to give a cat a pill, versus how to give a dog a pill

How to Give Your Cat a Pill
1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth,
pop pill in mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paw. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat
vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door on to neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges.
Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to Give a Dog a Pill
1. Wrap it in bacon.
2. Toss it in the air.

• Love 7

In my lifetime of cat ownership, I've only had one who fit the impossible to pill stereotype -- but I still laugh every time I read one of those "how to give a cat a pill" things.

I always give a water chaser with pills (so they don't just sit in the esophagus), so that forces a swallow.  I just use a syringe, and squirt water in from the side of the mouth -- never aimed directly at the back of the throat.  I do about .5 mL to one mL max at a time to avoid choking.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

My late Border Collie was too damn smart when it came to pills. I would put the pill in a chunk of cheese, I'd squeeze and mold the cheese so it pretty much became one with the pill. I'd give him the pill cheese and 2 other chunks at the same time. He would gobble the cheese down and then a few seconds later the pill would pop out of his mouth.

I just ask for liquid or something that can be ground up then I add it to baby food. I haven't had any problems doing it that way for the dogs or cats.

Edited because cheese doesn't start with an x.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

If I so much as breathe improperly on Maddie's food, she won't eat it.  Hiding meds in it - forget it.  Even things like fish oil and Cosequin, which add flavors palatable to her, are impossible to get past her when she's feeling slightly less than 100% (which, between two chronic illnesses, is almost a weekly recurrence).

• Love 2

I love English Bulldogs! My dogs just get the topical flea medicine. My cat is strictly indoors so as long I don't use any flea medicine on her at all.

She has never even tried to go outside, she loves looking out the window but has no desire to go out. People who let their cats roam the neighborhood are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I could fill this page with how badly that pisses me off.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

My whole life I've always felt like it was too hot even when everyone else thought it was OK. When I was younger I was very skinny (not anymore - which is good, I was TOO skinny) so body fat was not the issue. I always wondered in fact what my hot flashes were going to end up being like once I went through menopause, given that I was always too hot to begin with. The answer? My climacteric on that level anyway was anti-climactic. I never got hot flashes at all. Maybe my cosmic reward for going through a lifetime of them?

I've always run a bit hot too & sweat more than I glow. (Is that southern thing or not? Women glow, men perspire & horses sweat.) I've been in perimenopause for the past 125 years & every few months have several nights in a row of horrid sweat drenching hot flashes. It reminds me of a side effect I had once when I took an anti-depressant. Waking up with damp sheets is frustrating! There is no rhyme or reason to this. I'm still being blessed with a freaking period every month. During those few nights. it feels like there isn't an AC unit capable of helping me. I need a walk in freezer. I now understand why women are grateful to be in menopause for reasons other than the monthly menace. I'm almost looking forward to it.

As for pet pills I can only address dogs. Cats make my eyes swell shut & my whole body itch. One of my dogs takes a couple of pills every day. He would sometimes do great with them wrapped in cheese or sandwich meat & sometimes spit them out. It seemed to be based on his mood. One day I got fed up & put them in his dry food, added some olive oil, mixed it around making sure to coat the pills well & he eats them like food. How weird is that?

• Love 2

I'm with you, ramble. I can't be around cats at all. When I was younger , being around cats made my eyes red, and I'd sneeze. It progressed as I got older. Now I get a serious asthma attack, even from being somewhere a cat USED to live.

At my very first apartment the girls upstairs got evicted a couple months after I moved in and they left their cat. The cat walked in my back door after she realized the girls weren't coming back and never left.

I guess maybe to thank me for taking her in the used to bring me "presents".

I woke up one morning, rolled over and put my hand in something wet. It was half a mouse.

She very quickly became an indoor cat.

Edited to say, she was a sweet girl but she was the ugliest cat I have ever seen to this day. She was a short hair calico with crossed eyes and the strangest markings. She was skinny as a rail with super long legs and tail and huge ears

We used to say she was so ugly she was cute.

I have had exactly the same experience with my old cat Sybil. Put my hand down on the floor in something wet - looked under the bed a decapitated rat!

Sybil was an amazing mouser and delighted in bringing in all manner of lovely gifts for me.

She was a dear old girl that lived to the age of 20.

Your cat sounds like it was probably a X oriental or siamese.

• Love 2

I have had exactly the same experience with my old cat Sybil. Put my hand down on the floor in something wet - looked under the bed a decapitated rat!

Sybil was an amazing mouser and delighted in bringing in all manner of lovely gifts for me.

She was a dear old girl that lived to the age of 20.

Your cat sounds like it was probably a X oriental or siamese.

I just asked my 17-year-old girl if she'd hang around 'til 20 with me. I promised her a little family party. :) Heck, we'll celebrate 18 and 19 if we're lucky enough to see them first.

I've had her since I was 22-23, in my first job out of college, in a studio apartment in a scary part of town. I cannot imagine a life without her.

• Love 7

But some of my neighbors have their trash bin out weekly, and full (I can tell because it's not fully closed). I just know - and can sometimes see for certain - some of what's in there is recyclable and belongs in the blue bin. How hard is it to put stuff in the right bin? Recycling is almost literally the least we can do (reducing and re-using are more important), and the city makes it so easy by allowing all recyclables in one bin ... no excuse.

We have weekly pick up and certain recyclables are done on alternating weeks (paper one week, glass/plastics/aluminum the next). The people who live in the apartment below me generate a prodigious amount of trash on a daily basis, let alone weekly. The fact that they're dumpster divers doesn't help. They are notorious for putting non-recyclable items into the recycling bins and putting recyclables into the trash. It had gotten so bad that the city refused to take our stuff until the problem was corrected. I've become the recycling bin Nazi, taking out the non-recyclables. Won't go so far as go through their trash though. Have tried talking to them. I get better cooperation from my dog.

• Love 1

I'm the recycling police at work. We have two bins that one can toss anything recyclable in, and if one turns one's body 180 degrees, one can toss trash in the opposite bins. I even put up a handy sign with pictures showing what goes where. You wouldn't believe how vexing it is what goes into what bins to people who make shittons more money than me. And god forbid they put their glasses and mugs in the dishwasher.

• Love 2

Speaking of leaving messages/voicemails, I tell you something that peeves me beyond belief: when people leave a voicemail and say their phone number too quickly/not clearly enough for me to write it down!!!

I find it especially annoying coming from supposed professionals, like secretaries and receptionists---this is your job, and yet you rush through phone numbers and messages like its a verbal race? Slow down, please!!

Which brings me to my latest pet peeve that's been bugging me beyond belief lately: women who speak with vocal fryyyyyy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqVgtLQ7qM

I work with a few ladies in their 20's and they ALL use that stupid fry talk, especially in staff meetings. It makes them sound like a bunch of idiot croaking frogs and I want to throatpunch them repeatedly when they mumble out those creaky little vocal squeaks. I desperately want to tell them that they don't sound smart or sexy or charming whatsoever, especially in a supposedly professional environment like ours. And I'd much rather sound like an educated and intelligent female than like some world-weary Kardashian sloth lazing around the office.

• Love 3

You should always give your name and number first so the person doesn't have to spend the message wondering who you are and then give it again at the end because the person probably didn't write it down the first time in case the message was not something he or she wanted to respond to. And then repeat the number again.

One of my pet peeves is wasting paper starting a note on an unimportant message from someone I don't want to talk to. Not someone who really needs a response, but the phone equivalent of a spammy email. I used to get a lot when I worked at a newspaper.

• Love 1

This Pet Peeve is from crime shows were people are talking about 'victims of crimes. When describing the 'victim' they always say....

"she would light up the room" or "whenever she entered the room people would turn and notice her"

No. She didn't.  It's such a cliche.

• Love 1

I get long messages on my work voicemail all the time, where the person tells their life story, then  rattles off their number so quickly, I have to replay it several times.  there's always that last digit that they don't say clearly enough.  

And that leads me to another peeve.  People who only use cell phones seem to be unable to understand that when calling a BUSINESS, you really do have to leave your number if you want a call back.   I always get "call me back at this number" - and they don't leave the number!   Yes, If it's a personal call and you call my cell, I have your number.   But when calling a business land line, especially when the call is transferred to my extension, I don't get your caller ID # on my phone.   So leave the number -  and say it twice.   I always say my name, my company, then what I'm calling about. then my number   THEN, I say , again, my name, company, and number .

AND speaking of phone peeves -  If I leave a number,  call THAT number.   The number on your caller ID, when you call back,  is to a phone bank for the building.   So, when I call, and leave a detailed message, don't just call back the number that comes up on the phone and ask "someone called me from this number?"   Because you are talking to a person on another floor, who doesn't know who called you or why, and has never met me.  Listen to my message, write down the number, and call ME back.  (and no, I'm not in sales or a scam artist, the calls are legit). 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6

One of my email/communication pet peeves - people who can't read a one sentence email and respond accordingly.

Most recent example...

Me: Do you have an estimate for when we'll get the files?

Their reply: I have not received the files yet.

Leads me to facepalm and eyeroll at the same time, every time.

• Love 3

Vocal fry vs uptalk -- which is more annoying?

That's a tough one, because I find them both just awful to listen to, but I guess vocal fry.

As for communication peeves, I have had it with people whose attention span taps out at 160 characters. 

• Love 1

I think this is a pet peeve. And it belongs to ALL customer service representatives who work in the Amazon Kindle support department.

I don't call them a lot. But when I do, I get someone who insists on inserting my first name in between what is clearly a script that they are reading off of. It's annoying and I find it insincere and disingenuous.  The last time I called, I had to interrupt them, like, really fast and explain, not, TELL them NOT to call me by my name; either my first name or last name, because repeating my name will not resolve my issue. Just tell me if you can fix it. 

I mean, really, every three or four words, insert my name, blah, blah, thank you for being a ....customer, insert my name, blah, blah, blah...

So now whenever I get an email asking for feedback, I tell them explicitly that I don't like it and find it condescending.

Or am I just turning into a grumpy old grampus*?

*What is a grampus? One of those elephant muppets that looks like a cross between an elephant and a mammoth?

• Love 2

We tried to give our cat pills back in her early days but she was such a strong cat (Maine Coon...big tough girl!) that I insisted that any medication be liquid and that's all we've gotten from the vet ever since (she's now 19 and a piece of work).  We mix one med in her food (guess it has a bad taste); the other med is fine so it sits on top of her food.  Did you all ever see that joke online about the person who tried to give his/her cat a pill?  It's hilarious.

Vocal fry...someone's got to put a stop to this nonsense.  If I'm watching the news and one of these fryer gals starts talking, I hit the mute button fast.  I've heard there's also baby voice being used by 20-something women these days but I haven't actually heard it myself (and hope I never do).  And then there are the speed talkers.  Glad it's not just me 'cause I've heard others complain about a certain generation talking 200 mph, words tumbling over each other almost into a vocal blur.

• Love 1
*What is a grampus?

If it's anything like a Krampus you can forget about spending Christmas at my house.

Speaking of leaving messages/voicemails, I tell you something that peeves me beyond belief: when people leave a voicemail and say their phone number too quickly/not clearly enough for me to write it down!!!

I learned long ago to leave messages that go: "Hello this is <name>, my phone number is <number>, <body of message>, once again my number is <number>, thank you."

Edited by Sandman87
  • Love 3

As I was searching for a spice last night at the grocery store (why is it impossible to find ground rosemary?!) one of those lovely family reunions that we all love so much.

While searching for the rosemary I learned that the man has a 10 year old with mental problems who hates her step mother and has made accusations against step mother and has damaged her career. I also learned that the child's mother has been abusing Valium because she can't cope.

Seriously, why would anybody have such a conversation in a public place with more than one stranger listening?

My biggest peeve in this though is that between last night and today I went to 5 different stores and never found ground rosemary. What the hell? I found rosemary leaves but no ground.

• Love 1

I bought the leaves and am going to try to do it myself. I don't have a food processor or a grinder. Do you think a blender would work?

I don't think it will make a huge difference in the recipe if its not completely ground.

I sure as hell am not going back out. For the past 2 days I've been out shopping or home cooking and haven't had any chance to rest my back.

2 days may not sound like much but it's starting to take a toll on me. And tomorrow is the day I watch the grandkids so no rest tomorrow either.

Edited by Maharincess

This Pet Peeve is from crime shows were people are talking about 'victims of crimes. When describing the 'victim' they always say....

"she would light up the room" or "whenever she entered the room people would turn and notice her"

No. She didn't.  It's such a cliche.

I watch a lot of true crime shows and this does happen a lot, when it is a young person it doesn't bother me so much, but with some people who were involved in all kinds of questionable stuff it bothers me.

My pet peeve is when people watch these shows or trial -like Jodie Arias- who had borderline personality disorder, they start saying everybody and their dog has it.  Same way with sociopaths and narcissists.  I can see if someone has committed a crime but in everyday life?  Unless you are trained or know the person really well, you don't know. I just find it annoying. 

• Love 1

I bought the leaves and am going to try to do it myself. I don't have a food processor or a grinder. Do you think a blender would work?

I don't think it will make a huge difference in the recipe if its not completely ground.

I think that unless you're grinding a whole lot of rosemary, a blender may not work well.  If they're dry enough, how about putting them in a Ziploc, then rolling them with a rolling pin?  

Here are some other ideas

As odd as it sounds I find my ground Rosemary in the produce section with the apples usually. I use ground Rosemary quite a bit and that's where I usually find it. It comes in a flat plastic package.

I totally don't get the layout of grocery stores sometimes. In the summer my kids like those freezer pops that come in liquid form until you freeze them. Guess where they can be found? The produce section.

The produce section is my go to for when I can't find something where I think it should be.

• Love 1