Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I'm gonna taste these grits," then she took this HUGE forkload

Did you mean forklift?   :)       I noticed that too.  Reminded me of the cake tasting assault.

My eyesight is not the best, but when they served her the plate of food, it looked to me like a huge pile of dog shit.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

Did you mean forklift?   :)       I noticed that too.  Reminded me of the cake tasting assault.

My eyesight is not the best, but when they served her the plate of food, it looked to me like a huge pile of dog shit.

LOL! It did look bad. I'm guessing it was some sort of shredded BBQ meat on top of a salad. Which of course negates the healthiness of the salad, but whatever, everything Whitney does is flawless! (I'm not saying she has to eat healthy 100% of the time, but it is very obvious that everything she eats on camera is meant to make her look as "good" as possible, and it's total bullcrap)

• Love 4

BBQ is one of my favorite things in the world (to the point that I have my own smoker in the backyard and smoke a mean pork shoulder). But it is not exactly diet food except for smoked chicken or turkey. And the sides are notoriously fattening so If I'm going out for BBQ, it's because I've been a really good girl and am eating carefully for the rest of the day. And even then, I'm only going to eat half my serving (since BBQ places usually give ridiculous portions) so I don't go totally overboard.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Whitney is going on another cruise in Dec. 2017.   From the pics I saw of the last one, most of the cast was there.

I would love to be a fly at the buffet.

You might be eaten. 

Edited by Tosia
Great minds
  • Love 6

From what I saw of the video Whitney posted, it was a pretty tiny group attending. Rather surprised that it was considered worthwhile to try it again, especially given how she's being presented by her show.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

BBQ is one of my favorite things in the world (to the point that I have my own smoker in the backyard and smoke a mean pork shoulder). But it is not exactly diet food except for smoked chicken or turkey. And the sides are notoriously fattening so If I'm going out for BBQ, it's because I've been a really good girl and am eating carefully for the rest of the day. And even then, I'm only going to eat half my serving (since BBQ places usually give ridiculous portions) so I don't go totally overboard.

Even I love BBQ (and haven't had any for a while, I'm due for some!). I only ever order the meat when I do get it, I never get the sides. Putting it on a bed of greens sounds like a good idea, or having green beans as a side instead.

I loved Jenzi's reaction to the hush puppies, even if it was planned--I had a similar one--it's just a blob of bread. Blech. 

• Love 1

From what I saw of the video Whitney posted, it was a pretty tiny group attending. Rather surprised that it was considered worthwhile to try it again

She only needs 8 cabins for hers to be free.  And, yea, I was tempted to book independently and she what was going on but since she conveniently  broke her toe and stayed on her balcony I guess I didn't miss much.

We've mentioned Whitney a few times and how she's constantly claiming to be "busy" yet there's nothing (child, spouse, full-time job) to demand her attention for more than a few hours. I think Whit has now fallen into the reality tv trap-her "real" life involves a plethora of interviews, traveling arrangements, and TLC-related events but since the show is meant to be depicting a kind of overweight "everywoman" they can't show those things because she'd be less relatable. It's like when the Teen Moms were bitching about being broke and needing jobs, when everyone knew they were getting paid thousands of dollars per episode. In Whit's case, they are making up these storylines to give her something to film. My guess is that she is probably not at home very much. I mean, I am not a "celebrity" but she and I work in a parallel field and I am gone at least 16 days out of a month. Even a D lister can keep busy like that. The only way I think they will give up these fake storylines is if they break the 4th wall and actually follow her around doing her "show" stuff-and acknowledging the fact that she actually IS filming a show. That comes with its out set of problems, as we've seen on other 4th wall shows, but it might at least cut back on some of the fakery. 

Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't like her. But at least she probably wouldn't be killing any horses or wasting people's valuable time doing fake dance competitions. 

• Love 13

several posts back in the recent episode thread, a question was raised on how to score dance battles/competitions. I thought I would copy the same here since this forum is about Whit's "dance" skills and the upcoming battle

I did some searching and I found a .pdf. Maybe not everything listed is for a "battle" but its a good starting point. (link).

Below is from another site:

Judging Category and Point value:

Teams will be judged on their entrance, execution of movements, presentation, technique, synchronization, creativity, originality and exit.

CHOREOGRAPHY = 20 points (dance arrangements, concept) 

THEME & MUSIC = 20 points (musicality, beat technique/syncopation, timing, moves related to the music)

ORIGINALITY = 20 points (incorporating unique and original/creative moves) 

PERFORMANCE = 40 points (entertainment value/crowd appeal, staging, spacing formations and level/ changes, synchronization, execution showmanship and variety of hip hop routines) 

• Love 1

One thing that I've noticed in quite a few of Whitney's videos, BTSs and those awful music videos that she paraded herself in for that low rent "rapper"... body positivity is only for women who are fat. If you are thin and happy with your body, or work hard to stay thin, you hate your body and are probably a terrible person. You aren't attractive  or sexy and you hate yourself and any critical comment you might make about weight shows how fat phobic you are. You're a "hater" if you think that excessive obesity is negativity impacting yours or anyone else's health and recognize that there is a limit to how fat you can be and still be "fit". Her "No Body Shame" campaign isn't for all women. Just women like her.

And I just can't agree with that. I'm much, much smaller than Whitney is and even I recognize that as I get older, my body is less happy with the extra weight I'm carting around. I'm planning a trip to Thailand this winter and I'm kind of dreading being a "fat American" in a country where women tend to be smaller and slimmer. I want to feel good and wear what I want without being limited to plus sized clothing stores. I'm doing it because I love my body and I want it to be strong and healthy. And I don't need society or a so-called "body positivity" advocate to tell me what to think about my body. I'm showing my self-love by wanting to make myself strong and healthy. And yes, losing weight is a part of that.

• Love 16
55 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

One thing that I've noticed in quite a few of Whitney's videos, BTSs and those awful music videos that she paraded herself in for that low rent "rapper"... body positivity is only for women who are fat. If you are thin and happy with your body, or work hard to stay thin, you hate your body and are probably a terrible person. You aren't attractive  or sexy and you hate yourself and any critical comment you might make about weight shows how fat phobic you are. You're a "hater" if you think that excessive obesity is negativity impacting yours or anyone else's health and recognize that there is a limit to how fat you can be and still be "fit". Her "No Body Shame" campaign isn't for all women. Just women like her.

Pretty much. Maybe it has something to do with how "competitive" Whitney claims to be. She can't be happy for women who are achieving more than she is. I feel best about my body when it can do whatever I ask of it (whether that's finishing a marathon, doing a pullup, or giving birth). It has nothing to do with how it looks. Whitney seems hyper focused on how she looks, perhaps as a distraction from the fact that she really can't do much.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Her "No Body Shame" campaign isn't for all women. Just women like her.

Hi Hana Chan -  good post! Hope you don't mind if I made one minor correction . . . :-)

• Love 8
On 2/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, Hana Chan said:

THIS!!!! I like an armrest. Especially if I'm sitting for a long period. Like on a plane. If anyone takes my armrest, they'd better be prepared to pull back a stump because I will go full out honey badger on them.

Also, I checked the policies of one of the international airlines I've flown with before (JAL) to see what their policy is for passengers who cannot fit into one seat and they urge the purchase of a second seat if the armrests cannot be lowered into position for takeoff and landings. They word it very nicely in wanting to cater to the passengers comfort, but it was interesting that they made mention about the armrests and here we have Whitney insisting that she can manage in a single seat if the person next to her isn't too big and they don't lower the armrest. So I call bullshit on her whole "I can fit in one seat" crap.

She absolutely cannot fit in one seat.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Mistyfee said:

She absolutely cannot fit in one seat.

There is noway she can. I flew last weekend and will me this coming Friday and this is the size of the seat in coach. First class/business is not really that much bigger. The radio show said that TLC bought two seats for Roy for comfort and he is not as big as Twit is. 

RenderedContent-5FA48B9C-B070-4B96-9669-A5B777FB1D0C.JPG

• Love 2

This is sad. She's just not fooling anyone except her supporters who are desperate to be told that they are okay if they are fat and don't want to put themselves through the struggle of trying to lose weight. To them, Whitney is an "inspiration".

To me, she's a warning.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, AmyB said:

She is clearly not eating healthy! eggs on pizza!!!!! yuck! 

LOL her fans are like "that pizza is totally healthy, the crust is thin and it has lots of veggies on it." Okay. I'm just wondering which of the 9865873225 pizza apps she used to get it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

This is sad. She's just not fooling anyone except her supporters who are desperate to be told that they are okay if they are fat and don't want to put themselves through the struggle of trying to lose weight. To them, Whitney is an "inspiration".

To me, she's a warning.

Yes. Sadly most of her fans seem to be younger women who are shaped like her, or larger. Much breathless "oh how I wish I could dance like you! Oh how I wish I had your confidence!" I picture them sitting on the couch in tent-like muumuus, eating nonstop while avidly watching her show, followed by excited social media exchanges over how beautiful she looks, how talented she is and how bravely she faces the haterz.  I think for this audience, her life really does seem fabulous by comparison.  What angers me about Whitney is how she laps up the adoration, talks a lot of bull about how they could do it too (love it especially when she calls them "sister") exploits them financially, but does nothing that really motivates them to change. "You too can get off your couch, dress in inappropriate clothing and haul your fat body into the public eye with no shame, just like I do! " is not much of a roadmap to better health and self esteem where I come from. 

• Love 10
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, goofygirl said:

I just went on a cruise (Harmony of the Seas) and cannot imagine having Whitney or anyone else, with a camera crew on board. How awful for the rest of the passengers!

Did they have a camera crew?  I hadn't seen any inkling that the cruise was going to be featured on the show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

LOL her fans are like "that pizza is totally healthy, the crust is thin and it has lots of veggies on it." Okay. I'm just wondering which of the 9865873225 pizza apps she used to get it.

I just saw that comment. Someone just told me not to fat shame her. It's wrong. And she is a food blogger and that is a healthy pizza. Um no bad carb not a good carb. 

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 1

Is there such a thing as a "healthy pizza"?

Seriously. 

And those were fried eggs, over easy, if they're runny. 

Wow. Unbelievable. The fans' comments.  Criticizing the pizza as unhealthy was "fat shaming".   Crazy. 

• Love 3
Just now, Tosia said:

Seriously. 

Wow. Unbelievable. The fans' comments.  Criticizing the pizza as unhealthy was "fat shaming".   Crazy. 

They are just as delusional as she is. As stated above, one even said it's healthy cuz it has veggies and a thin crust. <facepalm> 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Seriously.

I made a margharita pizza (basil, fresh mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes) on a cauliflower crust over the weekend. While it was "healthier" than a regular pizza, I still accounted for every calorie, carbohydrate, protein, and fat both as part of the meal and as part of my day. If Twit would figure out that changing her lifestyle to make better choices doesn't mean that she can never have a treat or a splurge, just that she has to decide when to have a treat and when to pass on such things. Last weekend, my family went to a favorite fancy restaurant to celebrate and I had steak, the insanely good homemade potato chips with bleu cheese melted on them, and a slice of key lime pie. In order to do that though, I made healthier choices for breakfast and lunch, did extra minutes on my daily walk, and skipped any snacks. I still lost 7 lbs over the course of that week because the rest of the days I kept my food choices within the values that I've worked out with my doctor and nutritionist will work for my body. I'm not ashamed of how I've ever looked and I have no delusions that I'm ever going to be a tiny girl, but having lost 72 pounds, I feel better in my own skin and have a ton more energy, even if I'm still a bigger girl. Unfortunately, Twit has to be willing to make changes to her entire lifestyle, which she doesn't, and has decided that anyone expressing any desire for any weight loss must be ashamed of who they are and fat phobic. Nope, I'm just not interested in never being able to find cute clothes in regular stores, of being exhausted from simple things, or of risking serious long-term health complications. What she does to people who are losing weight or wanting to lose weight is body shaming, even if she doesn't want to acknowledge it.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, AmyB said:

They are just as delusional as she is. As stated above, one even said it's healthy cuz it has veggies and a thin crust. <facepalm> 

And this explains how a person gets to Whitney's size. By deluding themselves about what they are putting in their mouths.

• Love 4

I've seen enablers and patients on "My 600 lb Life" talk about how ice cream is healthy because it's a dairy product, or fries are healthy because potatoes are a vegetable. The levels to which people will go to justify their food choices are staggering.

• Love 5

It's also the quantity of what she's eating. If she's eating a slice or two as "brunch" (thus accounting for two meals), then it's not so terrible. If she's eating nearly the whole pie, or eating it with anything other than a side salad, then it doesn't matter how many vegetables are piled on. It's too much food. Also, that was not a "thin crust" pizza (where the crust is almost like a cracker). It's a regular crust and therefore a lot more carbs. Eggs are healthy and loaded with protein, but you also have cheese (and I doubt that they're using low-fat mozzarella) and olive oil (healthy but still another fat). And again, portion size is critical. I love pizza and eat it on occasion and will only eat two slices if it's my dinner. One slice with veggies for a lunch (preferably with a whole wheat crust) and I keep my serving under control and within my points allowance. It's not the worst thing I can eat, but it's hardly health food.

The comments from her fans are really telling, that they see any benign criticism as "fat shaming". And the delusion that you can throw a few veggies on something and it's suddenly "healthy".

Edited by Hana Chan
correcting a typo because i'm a riter and not a spiller
  • Love 4

The funny thing is I was being completely sarcastic in my comment and that even got me attacked lol. Other people have also said that is not healthy either but I am not seeing them get really reamed over it. I am sure she is eating the whole pie herself too.  

I've had eggs on pizza before (a "breakfast pizza"), and it was delish.  But it HAD a thin, cracker-type crust.  With tomato sauce, onion and bell peppers, prosciutto, goat cheese and spinach.  And I ate the eggs and 2 slices of pizza (it was a small pizza meant for 1), and took the rest of the pizza home and made several more meals out of it.  I rather doubt that Twit did the same.  And I was very strict with what I ate the rest of the day.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Tosia said:

Seriously. 

If you do it right, yes. I make an amazing uber thin-crust veggie pizza (about the size of pita bread). Has less calories and carbs than an average sandwich and everything is made from scratch so I know what's going into it. Light sauce (homemade), a small amount of fresh mozzarella placed here and there with peppers, tomatoes and basil (veggies often from what I grow at home). I never use anything but fresh mozz, I hate the texture of that low moisture crap (and it's oily).  I don't do it often because it is a lot of work, but it's a nice treat and really not all that unhealthy. It did take me a long time to perfect the crust to the desired level of thinness--it's millimeters, kind of like a bendable yet slightly crisp cracker. 

I don't know what to think about Whitney's pizza except the crust was too thick and there's too much cheese. As far as eggs on things, that seems to be a trend nowadays. Just went to a group gathering at a place called Bachi Burger and they put eggs on the oddest things. I remember asking, "What's with the egg?" when a plate of chili cheese fries came out to the table. With an egg on it. 

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The levels to which people will go to justify their food choices are staggering.

I am of the "corn is a vegetable, Fritos are corn, therefore, Fritos are a vegetable" school.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, MegD said:

I made a margharita pizza (basil, fresh mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes) on a cauliflower crust over the weekend. While it was "healthier" than a regular pizza, I still accounted for every calorie, carbohydrate, protein, and fat both as part of the meal and as part of my day. If Twit would figure out that changing her lifestyle to make better choices doesn't mean that she can never have a treat or a splurge, just that she has to decide when to have a treat and when to pass on such things. Last weekend, my family went to a favorite fancy restaurant to celebrate and I had steak, the insanely good homemade potato chips with bleu cheese melted on them, and a slice of key lime pie. In order to do that though, I made healthier choices for breakfast and lunch, did extra minutes on my daily walk, and skipped any snacks. I still lost 7 lbs over the course of that week because the rest of the days I kept my food choices within the values that I've worked out with my doctor and nutritionist will work for my body. I'm not ashamed of how I've ever looked and I have no delusions that I'm ever going to be a tiny girl, but having lost 72 pounds, I feel better in my own skin and have a ton more energy, even if I'm still a bigger girl. Unfortunately, Twit has to be willing to make changes to her entire lifestyle, which she doesn't, and has decided that anyone expressing any desire for any weight loss must be ashamed of who they are and fat phobic. Nope, I'm just not interested in never being able to find cute clothes in regular stores, of being exhausted from simple things, or of risking serious long-term health complications. What she does to people who are losing weight or wanting to lose weight is body shaming, even if she doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Congrats MegD on all your hard work to be healthy!

I quit WW a few years ago because I was playing the system. I have been thinking about going back, but IDK.  I still remember the points so I use that and journal my foods.

I went to Slimgenics and they cost $679 one time fee, plus weekly protein foods for $34---every week.  They encourage you to come into the office every day or as often as possible to get support.  They said they would teach about nutrition, psychology of eating, etc....   I took a pass.

I gave up chocolate candy for Lent (with 2 minor slip-ups) , and have committed myself to eating healthy foods.  So far, so good. I was more of a snacker, so I'm eating 3 regular, small meals that I cook myself. 

I think it's the consciousness of my commitment over making excuses when I'm tired or angry or having a craving, or needing a reward, lack of junk food in the house, and reminding myself to love me v. sweets. 

It's a good time of year for me to do this since it is nice outside to walk, and I have spring fever to clean the house, and set up fun activities that get me out of my head/house.  I've got friend support too.

God, just think how supportive Twit's friends/family would be of her choice to ever lose weight!!!   She's a fool not to.  I guess fans count more than friends and family and a healthier, fun, longer life.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2017 at 9:18 AM, Brooklynista said:

And this explains how a person gets to Whitney's size. By deluding themselves about what they are putting in their mouths.

And are we talking about a PIECE of this pizza or the whole bloody thing?? 

And just a question: IS pizza intrinsically unhealthy? Like the pizza @MegD described making. I think it depends on the pizza - how much crust (thicker bread crust = more carbs), toppings, how much of it you eat at a sitting, etc. Not to say that Twit is making the healthier pizza options (or portions) but is it fair to say pizza is always unhealthy? Or am I misunderstanding the original question. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Maggienolia said:
On 3/13/2017 at 8:18 AM, Brooklynista said:

And are we talking about a PIECE of this pizza or the whole bloody thing?? 

And just a question: IS pizza intrinsically unhealthy? Like the pizza @MegD described making. I think it depends on the pizza - how much crust (thicker bread crust = more carbs), toppings, how much of it you eat at a sitting, etc. Not to say that Twit is making the healthier pizza options (or portions) but is it fair to say pizza is always unhealthy? Or am I misunderstanding the original question. 

I think in Twit's case (and probably for people Twit's size as well), both things are a problem. We've seen that she thinks eating only a quarter of a giant Starbucks cookie (each contains 370 calories, 50g carb, 19g fat, 4g protein, according to the website) is a sign of her being healthy and refers to it as "a bite". We've seen her make that tuna noodle thing with a huge amount of mayo, cheese and noodles in it and think that it was a normal portion. We've seen Glenn offer reasonable portions that she scoffed at. She has no idea about the volume that she's eating. She also doesn't seem to know that what she's eating is a bad idea. If she's going through a Starbucks, there are veggie and fruit options available. She didn't need to buy the cookie if she was hungry. She didn't need the giant blueberry muffin. She didn't need fried eggs on a pizza. We also have a problem with the camera angle. It's clear that at least one slice has been pulled from the pizza and it looks like that's at least 1/6 of the pizza. But we have no perspective on how big the pizza is because there's nothing of size we can see. If it's a giant pizza like one of the places I know in town that makes huge slices, it's possible that the piece is the problem. If it's a small pizza, maybe it's what's on it that is the problem. Assuming that she only ate the one slice.

I wish TLC had asked her how many cupcakes she had eaten during that taste testing segment. It would give us perspective on what she thinks she's eating.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, Whit's idea of "a bite" is about four normal bites (literally...maybe even more), so I do not trust her perspective on whatever healthy portions might be.

You would think if Whitney watches herself , which my guess is she does (alot) she would be alarmed at the amount of food she puts her in mouth at one time.

The family mac and cheese, the cake tasting and the recent grits, just as ClareWalks said, she indeed puts 4 servings on the fork.

I have to add to this post, I am watching the last episode at the moment and the 2nd mouthful Whitney takes at the BB-Q place was around 6 mouthfuls at once.  It was a mountain of food on a fork.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 4

I've been reading Whitneys memoir, and her ghostwriter has done a really good job of making her more likable. Unsurprisingly, it's clear she is both intensely spoiled and struggles with severe insecurities. But up until the point where she finds the "No Body Shame" movement, she's actually pretty reasonable about her weight and struggles. Beyond that,  she tries to blame her weight on medical conditions while also acknowledging she eats terribly, in really contradictory ways. She claims she has to eat insanely low calories to lose weight but never attempts an in between, going from that to eating pure junk. 

Her parents are so not what they appeared to be on the show though, at least to me. $24 mothers suicide attempt and severe depression were eye opening. 

I have recently lost a fair amount of weight and as part of my weight loss I took a healthy eating program.  It was eye opening.  I, along with everyone else in the class, had no idea what an actual serving size was. I thought I had a good handle on portion size based on the weight I was losing but I was surprised to see what the various serving sizes were.  Sadly Whitney doesn't appear to be interested in learning anything about healthy eating she just continues to shovel the food in.  Which is what I did for far too long but I have climbed out of that rut as the health consequences were piling up.  I can only hope Whitney can stop her destructive eating and delusional behavior before it is too late.

• Love 2

I had Ellen DeGeneres on today and realized that Twitney had never been on Ellen.

Which,  considering Ellen's notoriety for dance seems like a great big tell/shade that Twit is not all that worthy of prime time,  major network tv. 

As if we didn't know.  

I slso googled Ellen and Twit together to see if I missed it, but nope.  There is a fan telling Ellen that she HAS to see Twit. 

Bet Ellen had and took a pass. Hehheh. 

Anonymity awaits you Twit. 

The only place they'll be calling your name is at the restaurant that your table is ready, and at the doctor's office. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Tosia said:

Anonymity awaits you Twit. 

The only place they'll be calling your name is at the restaurant that your table is ready, and at the doctor's office. 

Oh, there's always the possibility that she'll get a deal with My 600 Pound Life if that show's still on by the time she passes the 500 pound mark. Or maybe there will be a TLC special, Half Ton Twerker. 

ETA: My intent isn't to fat shame anybody. My point is that Whitney's physical functioning seems to be increasingly impaired, despite her claims to be so fabulous. She's at the least maintaining a dangerously obese body if not gaining more pounds. She's getting less able to walk, move, and function as time goes on, all the while insisting she's not just fine but fabulous. Anybody watching the show can see it. What dancer can't tolerate shoes? Or bend her knees very far? How healthy are you if you collapse during a workout and are warned by a cardiologist about your condition? IMO it's a dangerous course she's on.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

Twit is heading to Cabrini University today to speak for their body image conference. Anyone close to Philly wanna go and report back?  She is also supposed to speak at UNC charlotte on the 30th too. 

IMG_3786.JPG

Notice in that picture, she is wearing a turtleneck, black, with vertical ribbing, using her hand to hide her face and neck fat, head tilted up, and the photo is only of her head and shoulders. Yep, no "body shame" for this gal. No sirree. Seriously, it's like she Googled "how to look thinner in pictures" and did every single thing on the list. (Although usually she is wearing nothing but a sports bra, so I suppose it's an improvement)

• Love 5

I wonder if it's an old picture too. The folk festival posted this to their page letting people know she was doing a set before the fest. 

IMG_3789.PNG

Edited by AmyB
Found the pic
  • Love 2