Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion... but was it last season she took us to the doctor to see if she could get pregnant? So you mean to tell me that she does that (I don't remember the outcome, did they say she could get pregnant?) then has unprotected sex, and gasp now maybe she's pregnant? I know you *can* still get pregnant even if everyone does everything they are supposed to (tm friends when Ross and Rachel get pregnant) but I'm sorry I don't buy it when you have a condition the on its own makes it more difficult to get pregnant, that would make the chances one in a million (not a literal statistic, I'm too lazy to do the research to find the actual statistic). And I also find her friendship with Buddy's girlfriend weird because I think if she had half a chance she would jump him. 

My take on her intake... I agree with the poster above who posted above that mentioned her story changing, is she anorexic? Or eats normal but is a victim of pcos? To me the telling part is the number of times she has been caught on camera on HER show sneaking/binging... I'm sure there are more times that aren't caught on camera too. My point is that the fact that she feels to need to hide what she's doing in those times indicate that she is not being honest about either scenario... anorexic or victim of circumstance, and is sabotaging her own weight loss then turns to the camera and cries she tries so hard why doesn't anything work for her.

Technically she can't be anorexic. You have to be a certain amount of weight below normal for that diagnosis. I remember saying she was or was borderline anorexic, or maybe EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified). And I'm not sure if she ever said she was bulimic, but most anas do purge (it can go in phases).

As far as her intake, yeah, the cameras have caught her sneaking food and her trainer caught her with fast food wrappers in her car so I wonder what she's doing that isn't shown. From the little they do show, she's likely dealing with food addiction/binge eating. She just does not want to admit to it (and I'd have a lot more empathy for her if she did).

• Love 4

How Whitney got to be 400 lbs? The same way people on my 600 lbs life got to their weight. Eating too much, too often. Drinking a lot of calories and preferring high calorie (junk) foods. We have see evidence of that on her episodes. She has a food addiction and likely binges.

• Love 5

I have a recollection (maybe from an interview she did in one of her earlier seasons? or from when her book came out?) that she started to binge and purge while she was in high school. She stopped purging when she went to college, became sexually active and was afraid purging would weaken the effectiveness of her birth control pills, but she didn't stop binging.  Then she got the PCOS diagnosis which was, of course, the real and main and probably actually the only reason for her weight gain. Not the fact that she was ordering pizzas from four different places so that none of them could tell how much pizza she was actually eating, or whatever. I think she's been a junk food addict in denial for a very long time.

• Love 11
On 12/31/2016 at 10:19 PM, Bubbles1967 said:

Congratulations Precious on your weight loss. It's ironic that Twits message is having the opposite effect on you. I wonder how many people have been motivated to lose weight because of her crap.

See, this is why I just can't totally hate on TLC and a couple of other networks for their so-called exploitation programs - because they usually end up Showing, rather than Telling, the truth about how the people on the programs really live.

Whitney Shows us how not-fabulous it really is to be some 200 pounds overweight. Sister Wives shows us how lonely and humiliating and soul-crushing it really is to watch your man bring home other women and live with them right in front of your face. 90-Day Fiance shows us how foolish it really is to marry - and/or buy - a partner that you have nothing in common with just because they're far better looking that what you can get in your own country. 

And there are many other examples. Like all of y'all, I'm just waiting to see Whitney on A Very Special Episode of My Big Fat Fabulous 600-Pound Life.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Not the fact that she was ordering pizzas from four different places so that none of them could tell how much pizza she was actually eating, or whatever. I think she's been a junk food addict in denial for a very long time.

When she mentioned that she orders from several pizza apps so none will "judge her," I knew she had a problem. She claims that "oh, just because I'm big, they'll think I'm a pig for ordering any pizza," but I think most pizza places assume that having pizza once a week is a totally normal/common frequency. If you like pizza, you might get it twice a week. She must be ordering pizza OFTEN to have to cycle through 3-4 different places to feel like she isn't being judged. Not to mention that she has a grandiose sense of herself for thinking the pizza people give a solitary shit about her ordering frequency. 

• Love 5

As someone who has delivered pizza, I don't care how often someone orders.  What I cared about was if the person tipped or not.  I never cared how big the person was.  It's a job, nothing more or less.  Cycling between several different pizza delivery places that often means she feels guilty.

• Love 11

I'm annoyed they're going to bother with this pregnancy scare story line.  Exactly who would Whitney have been having sex with? Not the lumberjack. Last season he was hiding behind curtains while Twit stalked his house.  Is it the DJ's baby? No. He has a girlfriend.  So that would only leave the gay dance partner.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm annoyed they're going to bother with this pregnancy scare story line.  Exactly who would Whitney have been having sex with? Not the lumberjack. Last season he was hiding behind curtains while Twit stalked his house.  Is it the DJ's baby? No. He has a girlfriend.  So that would only leave the gay dance partner.

Plot twist... Allister the pig... yup I'm going to hell for that but I had to!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Pepperminty said:

Is anyone surprised by the promo tonight? I haven't gotten a bi vibe from her before. If she's pregnant, miracles are real. 

Another Immaculate Conception !   (Please forgive me Lord!)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Pepperminty said:

Is anyone surprised by the promo tonight? I haven't gotten a bi vibe from her before. If she's pregnant, miracles are real. 

I finally saw that promo too and I found it INSULTING!  If she were to be pregnant, in a relationship or not, she should rejoice because, yes, it is truly a miracle!  Crap on a cracker, she's 30+ years old, not living on the streets, time to grow-up snowflake.  Do you know how many women with PCOS would give their right arm to get pregnant...and BY ACCIDENT?  Whaaa...I can't handle a pregnancy right now...whaaaa, why me?  STFU you stupid bitch.  Seriously, this made me very angry.

• Love 14

She's not pregnant and she's not bi.  Her producers are scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines this year.  Too bad she refused to do the storyline, "Twit works really hard and loses weight and gains her health back".  That would have been worth watching.  Rather like the Brandi and Kandi storyline on "My 600-lb Life".  Those 2 girls could teach Twit a whole lot - MUCH better spokespeople for NBS.

• Love 17

Finally saw a commercial, so Whitney decides she is pregnant because she is tired and feels nauseous in the morning? You know what else causes that? A shitty lifestyle. Or, ya know, being SICK. What a goddamn drama queen. I would like to add to the chorus of "who is she even banging now," but given how ignorant she is about reproduction, she may not even realize that sperm doesn't just live forever up in there.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

She's not pregnant and she's not bi.  Her producers are scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines this year.  Too bad she refused to do the storyline, "Twit works really hard and loses weight and gains her health back".  That would have been worth watching.  Rather like the Brandi and Kandi storyline on "My 600-lb Life".  Those 2 girls could teach Twit a whole lot - MUCH better spokespeople for NBS.

Seriously. I wonder why they just don't say hey- you losing 50 lbs ( or attempting too) this season is the story line. If you aren't in- no show. 

People enjoy watching people achieve their goals, and with so many Americans trying to lose weight, it would resonate with many. And she does have the personality to make it entertaining. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Seriously. I wonder why they just don't say hey- you losing 50 lbs ( or attempting too) this season is the story line. If you aren't in- no show. 

People enjoy watching people achieve their goals, and with so many Americans trying to lose weight, it would resonate with many. And she does have the personality to make it entertaining. 

Someone should tell Whitney that Ruby's show failed because Ruby refused to make any effort to help herself. Nobody wants to watch someone else live a miserable life and then die from food addiction. Whit's setting herself up for the same thing. If she wants to keep the show, and I would think she does for the $$$ and attention, she might want to think about that.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Nutella said:

Being tired an de nauseous in the morning? Blood sugar instability! Try not to binge on too much sugar late at night girl.

She might also have finally graduated into the full-on diabetic that she seems to be trying to become.  Homeslice better get a blood sugar test done.

• Love 6

Losing weight? Fat shaming much?!

Whitneys life is FABULOUS! Needing help in the shower? Fabulous! Needing help to get up because you fell again and can't get yourself up because of your weight? Fabulous! Not being able to shave your own legs? Fabulous! Passing out because you've been "dancing" for 5 minutes? Fabulous! Promoting food addiction? Fabulous!

Haters gonna hate!

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Nutella said:

Whitneys life is FABULOUS! Needing help in the shower? Fabulous! Needing help to get up because you fell again and can't get yourself up because of your weight? Fabulous! Not being able to shave your own legs? Fabulous! Passing out because you've been "dancing" for 5 minutes? Fabulous! Promoting food addiction? Fabulous!

Getting jizzed on by a pig? FABULOUS! 

(This is fun!)

• Love 20

THIS  is the Whitney I'd love to see, and others with PCOS could see that it is possible to lose weight. And having just seen a preview, it looks like she's trying harder on her fitness goals (we'll see how she's doing with the food issues).

Oh. And getting stuck in the splits on skis? FABULOUS!

But really. I'd like to see her deal with her issues and be successful because not much of what she has been sharing on her show seems "fabulous".

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Finally saw a commercial, so Whitney decides she is pregnant because she is tired and feels nauseous in the morning? You know what else causes that? A shitty lifestyle.

I was thinking a pic of a slice of pizza showed up on the pregnancy test?

So, what else will happen this season? A transgender episode?  

I strongly agree with the poster who said she would rather see the twins from 600 lb. life have a show.  Not Whitney,  She is not a role model. More like pass the rolls, I only had 10 so far.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

She is not a role model. More like pass the rolls, I only had 10 so far.

A back-roll model? 

I'll see myself out.

(Not trying to fat-shame, I am just a Drag Race Alyssa Edwards superfan...I tried to upload the meme but damnit, this site ain't workin' right)

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

A back-roll model? 

I'll see myself out.

(Not trying to fat-shame, I am just a Drag Race Alyssa Edwards superfan...I tried to upload the meme but damnit, this site ain't workin' right)

lol I'd like to see Latrice Royale or even Ginjer Minj give Whit a few lessons in being big & fab . . . 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, okerry said:

lol I'd like to see Latrice Royale or even Ginjer Minj give Whit a few lessons in being big & fab . . . 

I would watch the SHIT out of a Latrice MBFFL. TPTB need to fire Whitney and call Ms. Royale immediately.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

And having just seen a preview, it looks like she's trying harder on her fitness goals (we'll see how she's doing with the food issues).

So I've seen the "pregnancy scare" preview, and the "incredibly awkward peck on the lips after some unknown woman declares herself attracted to Whitney" preview ,and  the run-up to her "dance battle" with some unidentified opponent who will no doubt be no match at all for the blazing footwork of Whitney preview (ouch, my eyes are rolling so hard it hurts). But I haven't seen anything to suggest she's working out harder -- have I missed one? As for her food issues, my first reaction to seeing her was that she certainly doesn't look like she's lost any weight since the end of the last season -- if anything, she looks heavier to me.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So I've seen the "pregnancy scare" preview, and the "incredibly awkward peck on the lips after some unknown woman declares herself attracted to Whitney" preview ,and  the run-up to her "dance battle" with some unidentified opponent who will no doubt be no match at all for the blazing footwork of Whitney preview (ouch, my eyes are rolling so hard it hurts). But I haven't seen anything to suggest she's working out harder -- have I missed one? As for her food issues, my first reaction to seeing her was that she certainly doesn't look like she's lost any weight since the end of the last season -- if anything, she looks heavier to me.

I haven't seen any preview yet, but your description alone is giving me brain cramps and eyeball pain!  And if they're showing her working out/working harder at all, you know it's just a one-and-done for that episode alone!  :(

• Love 3
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I haven't seen any preview yet, but your description alone is giving me brain cramps and eyeball pain!  And if they're showing her working out/working harder at all, you know it's just a one-and-done for that episode alone!  :(

I saw a preview where they showed her "appearing" to work harder (I've seen 3 different previews). I hope she does, that I'd like to see.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I saw a preview where they showed her "appearing" to work harder (I've seen 3 different previews). I hope she does, that I'd like to see.

Sadly it's nothing more than appearing. If it was real she wouldn't look heavier than ever.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Nutella said:

Sadly it's nothing more than appearing. If it was real she wouldn't look heavier than ever.

It takes time for someone that size to look smaller--to me anyways. I'm really pulling for her this season (but am prepared to be disappointed with excuses and lots of crying). 

• Love 1

We have seen her doing lots of healthy activities - swimming, biking, walking, various types of dance - but sadly they are all for the camera.  Someone posted here that even "big girls' dance" is only during filming.  But whenever she's caught unawares we don't see piles of dirty workout clothes and swimsuits, just dirty wineglasses and old fast food wrappers.  I have trouble throwing in the towel once I'm into a series, but I'm not expecting anything from this season if "pregnancy scares" and "lesbianism" are what they are previewing.  Last year it was a "job" and "Roy's crush".  My use of quotation marks is deliberate here :)

• Love 10

Her healthy activities (like in the promo, where she lifts weights or whatever) are always done for five minutes, once every couple weeks, so they can be filmed and she can see "look how fit I am" before then being filmed sobbing in her car eating ice cream and wailing about how hungry she is. What a trainwreck.

• Love 6

So Twit continues to bullshit her way through another season.  

I thibk she will need to go the stomach-stapling route to lose any weight EVER. Being fat is her "cash cow" -- pun intended, not fat shaming,  just cuz its an idiom  used abt an overweight person.  

I wonder  how many more seasons TLC will continue to use Twit.  Is it because trainwrecks are more watchable than constructive  folks working to become healthier? I guess. Too bad.

Guess I'll head to the gym now.  Enjoy your fabulous, painful life, Twit. 

Edited by Tosia
Not liking Twit and don't care what happens to her.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

wonder  how many more seasons TLC will continue to use Twit.  Is it because trainwrecks are more watchable than constructive  folks working to become healthier? I guess. Too bad.

People are only watching now because she is very disliked.  That garners bigger ratings, so until TLC decides to dump her or she has another serious medical problem, the show goes on.

I feel strongly she has never had any of the weight gaining medical diagnosis she claims to have had, just your classic food addict in the throes of addiction.

She seems to also be suffering from whatever anti- social personality disorders that make certain people PERFECT for reality tv. She lies, she films fake scenes, she thinks she is a celebrity now and seems willing to do anything.   These kind of people are blind to how they are being exploited for a few bucks while TLC rakes in millions.

Whitney just seems to be one of the worst of the bunch when I think of other past and present reality folks.   She also seems to take delight in humiliating and treating her parents like crap.    I happen to think her problems stem from a lot of dysfunction in that family though.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

So Twit continues to bullshit her way through another season.  

I thibk she will need to go the stomach-stapling route to lose any weight EVER. Being fat is her "cash cow" -- pun intended, not fat shaming,  just cuz its an idiom  used abt an overweight person.  

I wonder  how many more seasons TLC will continue to use Twit.  Is it because trainwrecks are more watchable than constructive  folks working to become healthier? I guess. Too bad.

Guess I'll head to the gym now.  Enjoy your fabulous, painful life, Twit. 

Yep. Nothing like watching someone do the bare minimum to make one want to do more--along with asparagus, rainbow chard and tofu for dinner. 

• Love 3
On 1/4/2017 at 9:05 PM, Brooklynista said:

I don't get why they're making that a plot point of the teasers for the upcoming season anyway. I mean, we've all seen her on social media-she's not pregnant. Everyone knows it. Why even go there at this point?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I love this forum .You can telll we are gearing for another excuse filled season with delusions of grandeur, bratty behavior and lots of pizza. 

Ordered from several different restaurants because the delivery people fat shame her. It's the way they ring the doorbell and barely bother looking up. She can totally tell!

• Love 7
On January 5, 2017 at 0:37 PM, ClareWalks said:

Finally saw a commercial, so Whitney decides she is pregnant because she is tired and feels nauseous in the morning? You know what else causes that? A shitty lifestyle. Or, ya know, being SICK. What a goddamn drama queen. I would like to add to the chorus of "who is she even banging now," but given how ignorant she is about reproduction, she may not even realize that sperm doesn't just live forever up in there.

Ha! Nailed it @ClareWalks !  Consuming 10,000g of Carbs & sugar laden foods in the previous 24 hours is bound to make you feel like a POS in the morning .  This show is so snark worthy I can't quit it , I'm looking forward to a new season of  posts on PTv about Twit and her big fat and extremely NON fabulous existence .  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Cherrio said:

addiction

On January 5, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Cherrio said:
On January 5, 2017 at 0:37 PM, ClareWalks said:

On January 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Runnergirl said:

THIS  is the Whitney I'd love to see, and others with PCOS could see that it is possible to lose weight. And having just seen a preview, it looks like she's trying harder on her fitness goals (we'll see how she's doing with the food issues).

*** whoa! Pardon all the boxes - posting went haywire lol 

@Runnergirl.  This was the show I thought we were going to see! I was excited for season 1 but 2&3 have been a joke and Twits personality became grating too .  Wish the show would get back on track cuz you're right that IS what a lot of viewers want to see .  But obviously Twit was a fraud

Another poster stated giving a show to the twins from last weeks 600 lb life - I agree 100% , I'd love to watch their journey to good health  

• Love 4
On January 5, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Ocean Chick said:

She might also have finally graduated into the full-on diabetic that she seems to be trying to become.  Homeslice better get a blood sugar test done.

What a fool Twit is.  She has the resources & support to turn this around . Diabetes is a Terrible disease. My sister developed gestational D during her 5th pregnancy - she's had it since. Takes insulin. 10 years later ,  She has horrendous pain from diabetic neuropathy in her feet , she walked around with a staple in her big toe for hours at work one day this week ... Never felt it. Now she's got an opthamologist appt scheduled to see if she's got D rentinopathy . 4 stents in her heart . The D destroys your body . She's 49.  TAKE THIS SERIOUS WHITNEY. Your parents won't be around to take care of you forever.

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DNR said:

*** whoa! Pardon all the boxes - posting went haywire lol 

@Runnergirl.  This was the show I thought we were going to see! I was excited for season 1 but 2&3 have been a joke and Twits personality became grating too .  Wish the show would get back on track cuz you're right that IS what a lot of viewers want to see .  But obviously Twit was a fraud

Another poster stated giving a show to the twins from last weeks 600 lb life - I agree 100% , I'd love to watch their journey to good health  

If Whit would just realize that most people want to watch her make progress, not whinge and cry and blame. That behavior makes her very unlikeable and therefore, when she does fall on her face on skis, we laugh because her attitude sucks.

Do we want or expect her to become a skinny minny? No, of course not. She could have a big fat fab life, still have her no body shame thing while working towards improving her health. THAT would make a good role model and example. She could be using this opportunity to accomplish more than acting like a circus clown. That's what's sad, and she is choosing that over progress.

• Love 5
On 12/31/2016 at 2:15 PM, Ketzel said:

I am anxious for the show to resume! For some reason, watching Whitney elbow her way around her life, noisily demanding respect for everything from her non-existent dance ability to her consistently terrible judgment and choices was a powerful motivator for me to do the work to stay fit and healthy and yes, slim.  The poor souls on My 600 lb. Life are mostly so terribly damaged and lost that I feel sad for them, but I never can imagine myself in their situation. Fat and Fabulous Whitney, however, with her comfortable up-bringing, her college education, her doting parents and her access to every possible means to address whatever the issues are that drive her to binge makes me: (a) disgusted with her delusional self, and (b) fully aware that I, too, have no real excuse not to take good care of the only body I'll ever own.  Every episode of MBFFL is good for inspiring at least a month of healthy eating and regular work-outs.

She's my reverse inspiration too!. At first, I wouldn't watch the show because her excuses hit a little too close to home. I'm about a foot taller and under 300, but still. I had previously addressed my love for diet Coke and some of the sneaky eating and had done a few diets with little long term success. Between these two shows, I realized that I'm headed down a path I really don't want to be on. It was a grim view of what my life could have been. I'd been trying to do it on my own for a while now, but just never committed. In October, I decided I was done. I found a doctor who had a reasonable plan (high protein, reduced carbs but not low carb) and who made me accountable. I turn over a food diary at every appointment that records everything that I put in my mouth, except for glucose tablets (which have started showing up as I've been cutting my insulin dosages to go along with this new plan). Even when I slip up and have a mini Hershey bar or 10 jelly beans, it gets written down. Am I perfect every day, no. But every day I focus on just that day and doing well on that day. I've dropped over 55 lbs. I probably still have around 50ish to go, but i'm aiming for health. For not feeling embarrassed to try stuff on in cute trendy stores because I know things will never fit me. This year for Christmas, I got a fitbit and two new fleece Columbia jackets that I've never purchased because they didn't come in fat girl sizes but since I'm now slim enough, I fit a XL without looking like I was a stuffed sausage ready to burst. It can be done. She just has to make the effort. By the way, I don't have someone training me for free, a fake class for me to "teach" or coming up with free events for me to show off my dance abilities. It's just me, my walking shoes and my ab challenge I decided to do this month. Thanks Twit!

• Love 21

Honestly, the difference between an A1C of 6.4 and 6.5 is essentially nothing. It's 0.1%

Medically, I realize they have to define the boundaries between normal, danger zone, and actual diabetes, but Whitney's last shown test put her at a 6.4...Being one tenth of a percent away from diabetic is...basically diabetic. It's just not official.

Edited by AnJen
A word
  • Love 12

Agreed! It's not that huge of an accomplishment to stay a few tenths of a point below the official diabetes level. I recently took the NCLEX ( national board exam to be a nurse), and while Hgb a1c is the same everywhere as far as the number to diagnose diabetes, while studying I learned for a lot of levels in the body even the ranges have ranges, meaning the numbers that indicate high/low for various illnesses vary by facility/region/ lab. To study you had to kinda just know the basic area of high/low to know if a value was normal, but thankfully they didn't give a number just 1 point over/under to mess you up. My point is that it's not a solid science, and @anjen is right, while she wasn't "technically" diabetic 1/10 of a point isn't really saving her from much physically other than an actual diagnosis.

• Love 6

I also agree. I'm type 2diabetic and on an insulin pump (can't take the oral meds and the shots made me bounce all over the place). My doctor is thrilled that i consistently have an A1C slightly under 6 with my highest reading in the last 2 years being a 6.1. He hasn't tested me since I started losing weight though. But the diabetes is still there. It's still something I have to monitor what I eat and keep my blood sugar reasonable. But my doctor has told me that an A1C only measures the last 72 hours (approximately) so she could be doing what I (and I know lots of other people) did and try and make the last few days before a check in really good so no one will know. I can see her doing that. It's just a different way to delude yourself.

• Love 3